• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
But Chrom has a canonical blood related daughter...
A lot of gay men have biological children.

I think it's a rewritten Monty Python sketch? "The funniest joke in the world".
Sakurai's comment about Smash Ultimate development is a rewritten Monty Python sketch? Alrighty. I clearly missed the joke. Eeek. Bad me.

.....seriously though what is the current leak?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
He has good taste. It is my dream also.
Been that since N64 days.
Was that when Snake was in Brawl.
Started supports DLC for the concept of getting him.
Hell. I ripped most models from the N64 games.

I made a support page. https://smashboards.com/threads/mys...ar-in-a-video-game-so-why-not-smash-u.457287/

We need him.
Yeah man. Would feel a bit empty when only two of the three biggest Konami giants are playable.

Nah, not him, someone else even we don’t know about.
I know it’s 2018 so it can be easy to look them up and learn about them but it just be neat to have a new Marth/Roy, a character who absolutely no one knows who the heck they are.
Besides Parabo and Satebo, Imajin or the Tee Shot Team, you can't get much more obscure, and I'm sure that ProfessorFandango would know of them somehow.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Awkward Zombie is still active.

Heck, this one got released today.

What makes me happy about Verg saying Isabelle's name is that he's not doing the obvious and saying she's a Villager Echo.

And given he didn't guess Richter, this makes me think that, if his leak is real, he might have gotten a list before Echoes were added.

Also, he said not Decidueye for the mon, right?
But he did say that he heard from his sources that Isabelle is an echo fighter
https://www.reddit.com/user/DasVergeben

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Nah, not him, someone else even we don’t know about.
I know it’s 2018 so it can be easy to look them up and learn about them but it just be neat to have a new Marth/Roy, a character who absolutely no one knows who the heck they are.
Buck Bumbble?

Crash4Smash

Smash Apprentice
I'm 200% sure that if Skull Kid was in the game, and he does get a trailer, :ultwario: will be the next victim. Who knows how much Majora's Mask is worth?
Nah, Young Link would be in the Trailer, they have to make it believable that it could be "Luigi's Mansion 3" and then surprise us with Fire Emblem characters fighting side by side. "You've met with a terrible fate haven't you" However, Skull Kid could have an awesome final Smash, but I think he'd make a better boss for adventure mode

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
You what suprise character I’m hoping for Ultimate since every game sans 64 got one?

An extremely obscure Japan only character.
Maybe not as a surprise (Lip!), but I would put money on Balloon Fighter. Let me hint a little harder....

Last edited:

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
I would die for an SMT protagonist in smash
I'd love an SMT protag, but I feel like the moment you start talking with Atlus about licensing a character all discussion goes straight to "what about Persona?". A shame, since all mainline SMT games aside from Nocturne released on Nintendo systems first and those characters could arguably serve as palettes/alts of each other (SMT1 Hero, Alph, Tamaki and Flynn all use melee + gun + COMPs to fight). Demi-fiend on the other hand would work thanks to his recognizable design and providing a different kind of playstyle (raw fists with demon summons and attacks like Freikrugel).

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
You what suprise character I’m hoping for Ultimate since every game sans 64 got one?

An extremely obscure Japan only character.
Obscure character? Not Japanese, but would Raziel from Legacy of Kain now count...unfortunately his series did kind of die out. Most other characters I actually want are admittedly more well known.

There's plenty of others I would choose first, but he is cool.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Seriously though, what is this Gardevoir leak? Google is not helping.

Also, a developer is normally who owns a character, yes?
Frogger is developed by Konami, owned by Sega. Id argue is one of the most iconic video game characters to non-gamers (non contemporary). Konami missed out here.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I'd love an SMT protag, but I feel like the moment you start talking with Atlus about licensing a character all discussion goes straight to "what about Persona?". A shame, since all mainline SMT games aside from Nocturne released on Nintendo systems first and those characters could arguably serve as palettes/alts of each other (SMT1 Hero, Alph, Tamaki and Flynn all use melee + gun + COMPs to fight). Demi-fiend on the other hand would work thanks to his recognizable design and providing a different kind of playstyle (raw fists with demon summons and attacks like Freikrugel).
As you can see by my profile picture, I would be SO DOWN for that.
He's got more unique moves than anyone else in the entire megaten series (discounting Raidou who's an ARPG protagonist and Joker who has the benefit of a big-ass budget)

He can shoot light balls from his hands like megaman, shoot missiles from his chest, throw huge fireballs, eye lasers, kick explosions, summon two different kinds of light blades, etc etc.

I mean come on, he's a shirtless dude with glow in the dark tats that just walks up to gods and punches them in the FACE. Tell me that isn't the sickest ****.

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Obscure character? Not Japanese, but would Raziel from Legacy of Kain now count...unfortunately that his series did kind of die out. Most other characters I actually want are admittedly more well known.

There's plenty of others I would choose first, but he is cool.
He needs to be in Mortal Kombat.
Him and Kain both would do well in that series.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Zoroark has a very different body build from Lucario, that's not a feasible Echo.
And last week Chrom having a different recovery than Roy wouldn't have been feasible. Sakurai making Zoroark an echo is more likely than Gothitelle being playable.

But sure, Gothitelle is going to be a playable character based on a leak with lots of holes in it. (Or should I say, a leaky leak).

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
A Buck Bumble remix would god tier.

Anyway I’m thinking something like...

Tomato Adventure.

Tho, I’ll admit myself I didn’t know about this game til I saw someone’s fan moveset on it somewhere on Deviantart.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero

This would be nice to hear in Smash. Star Fox Zero has some good music!

Last edited:

Crash4Smash

Smash Apprentice
We already know this.

Just like how Dracula isn't fought on Dracula's castle, it's a completely different stage layout.
So, adventure mode bosses! XD Or just a return of Boss mode and Smash Run. I'm okay with either.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
...and one with some dude "datamining" the demo, calling Richter and K Rool and Ridley.
Could you post a link please? I dont understand what he called- content that has already been announced? Or was his datamining a post from before the reveal.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Seriously though, what is this Gardevoir leak? Google is not helping.

Also, a developer is normally who owns a character, yes?
Frogger is developed by Konami, owned by Sega. Id argue is one of the most iconic video game characters to non-gamers (non contemporary). Konami missed out here.
The guy said he saw code for Richter and I think Chrom being a Roy echo and he's claiming Gardevoir and Gothitelle will be playable as well from the code he saw. He also claims to have seen a code titled Mario2, but that's probably just a placeholder for a future Smash Bros character that wasn't in the game at the time. A lot of people are saying he's fake, but after watching PapaGenos' videos on the matter, he could possibly be real...maybe. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIXPp2fJjhnDU11c7FcGu0A

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
He needs to be in Mortal Kombat.
Him and Kain both would do well in that series.
He has the strongest superpower of them all, being able to talk without a lower jaw. Also fighting games lack Zombie Bone Underwear.

EDIT: Yeah he'd be cool in MK or KI.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Could you post a link please? I dont understand what he called- content that has already been announced? Or was his datamining a post from before the reveal.
Before the Direct, he says that "Richter, Gardevoir, Dark Samus, Gothitelle, Mario2" were on the Demo, but he provided no evidence and apparently the file erased itself shortly after opening.

It's bunk.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Does someone here know japanese?

I would like to know what does this magazine say...

It's apparently a very big japanese videogames magazine and it has the most desired Smash characters, but I'm not sure.

Japan's magazine smash poll.jpg

Last edited:

Crash4Smash

Smash Apprentice
You mean he's not on a playable stage?
No. This either means Boss Mode is the hidden mode in Smash, or we're getting a new version of Smash Run or adventure mode with bosses.
Sorry, but this particular conversation does need a period accompanying the word no.

(honestly though, a comma doesn't cut this cake with emphasis on the later sentence)

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Has anyone considered Togepi as an echo of Pichu?
Im not sure how the animations would all be changed, but the joke character idea would be the same.
Or it could be the same moveset, except specials. The specials are random- each match, its a completely random set of special moves chosen from all other characters' options.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Does someone here know japanese?

I would like to know what does this magazine say...

It's apparently a very big japanese videogames magazine and it has the most desired Smash characters, but I'm not sure.

#2 has a 2 in it, assuming it's Rex from XC2
#3 is Spring Man probably

no idea about the rest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom