• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
With the new icons, I was able to update my chronilogical order of every character.

What do you think of it now? Are there any placements you're surprised by?

Crash4Smash

Smash Apprentice
It's right but if you're leaking the game then you'd wanna say that "everyone is here!" Would you not?
They mean every previous fighter is a fighter, and every previous Assist character appears in some form, I'm certain that we'll be getting DLC past stages in addition to DLC stages for the newcomers, most of which will be Switch paid service exclusive, but the others which will be DLC packaged with characters.
I'm a big fan of Smash Run returning, and I'm sure we're probably going to get some kind of mixture between an online smash run with multiple characters and a true adventure mode similar to melee mixed together.
Rocket Raccoon plays it straight, but I think he's a closet Ace.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
>literal who isn't hype
>literal who #2 is hype
Is it bad that I had to Google Leavanny?

Anyway I am fairly confident that my most-wanted Pokémon character isn't a literal who.

Team Rocket Go gif 1.gif

Team Rocket Go gif 2.gif

Team Rocket Go gif 4.gif

Team Rocket Go gif 5.gif

Team Rocket Go gif 7.gif

I know in my heart that many people will hype over Team Rocket as a playable fighter in Smash.

The actual playable fighter would be Meowth… and his moveset involves scratching and throwing coins and teaming up with Pokémon that Jessie and James send out from the background.

And when Team Rocket wins a match, I want their victory pose to go like this.

Team Rocket win gif 2.gif

Honestly... while Meowth and Team Rocket might not be a popular choice or heavily requested within the Smash community or the Pokémon community, I know in my heart that both communities will hype over them along with the rest of the Internet. I have to keep my faith strong that one day I will finally play as Meowth in Smash.

Shroob

Sup?
With the new icons, I was able to update my chronilogical order of every character.

What do you think of it now? Are there any placements you're surprised by?
Poor Corrin will always be at the end of All-Star mode if it's arranged by timeline again, unless we get an Alolan 'mon.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Is Gothitelle even popular in Japan?...like what would be the purpose? Why are people entertaining this? If I did stupid "I'll eat a shoe" bets I would 100% do one against Gothitelle getting in Smash.
I think the point is 'let's make a Gen 3 Pokemon with a Gen 5 Echo or vice versa so these gens can be represented.' Gardevoir is pretty popular, and Gothitelle looks similar enough that they could make an echo of it. People really want all Gens to have a Rep

D

Deleted member

I literally dont see how someone could RIP data from a switch

I also dont see how anyone could slip in and steal data from a demo station. Like 100% of the time there will be reps around watching the demo station.

I just think its lucky guesses. Theres no way Richter would be in the data but Simon wouldnt.
Ya i also think it was a lucky gess they would not have an echo in the demo but not the original character

SirCamp

Smash Ace
So random thought. Let assume for a second that the Smash Ballot is a large determining factor for the roster of newcomers in Smash Ultimate. Many are speculating this already, and while this is obviously not provable, it's interesting to think about. Anyway, if we assume that, are there any characters that you feel have a higher chance than they are given credit for? Perhaps due to being big figures in Smash speculation at the time. Or perhaps having broader casual appeal?

Honestly what made me think about this was the whole Gardevoir leak. As much as she feels pretty random, I also recall a time when she got a fair amount of speculation. And part of that was always people claiming her apparently (not sure if this is still the case) huge fandom in Japan. I think she's reasonably popular in the west as well, and also appears in Pokken, so I could see her get an inflated number of votes in the ballot. Not many would have guessed her prior to the leak though.

I also think Sceptile would be in a similar situation. I would bet that Sceptile made up a fairly sizeable number of ballot votes made for Pokemon characters, if only because he was a super popular pick at the time for various reasons.

Also I would expect that Rhythm Heaven characters got more votes than they would have now, simply because the Gematsu leak had made them a hot topic. That may not have actually translated to votes, but it certainly wouldn't have hurt their tally I don't think.

Finally I think Dixie as a non-echo fighter might actually have performed better than many give her credit for. Amongst more casual, older fans I would guess that she is more popular than on this site. And I think those fans are also less likely to see her and balk at the idea of more Diddy in Smash as some do. She is a classic Nintendo all star that is still relevant today, so she certainly got a lot of votes, and perhaps that would warrant a fully unique newcomer version of her instead of an echo.

I'd say Isaac as well, but people already speculate about him a lot with respect to the ballot so I don't think that's really news to anyone. I will say though that a lot of people recognize that he's popular here while not taking his chances seriously. But I do think that he actually has a very good chance now, if only because of the ballot.

Anyone else stand out to you?

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
We're speculating using furniture, right? Now let's speculate using Sakurai's clothing.

Also the dumbo doesn't realize that there's another Shadow who's black and also has the word Black in his name. At least there isn't a third shadow who is black and has the word Black and Shadow in his name and is also Black and also is Black as well.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero

Anyway I am fairly confident that my most-wanted Pokémon character isn't a literal who.

View attachment 157617
View attachment 157618
View attachment 157619
View attachment 157620
View attachment 157621

I know in my heart that many people will hype over Team Rocket as a playable fighter in Smash.

The actual playable fighter would be Meowth… and his moveset involves scratching and throwing coins and teaming up with Pokémon that Jessie and James send out from the background.

View attachment 157626

Honestly... while Meowth and Team Rocket might not be a popular choice or heavily requested within the Smash community or the Pokémon community, I know in my heart that both communities will hype over them along with the rest of the Internet. I have to keep my faith strong that one day I will finally play as Meowth in Smash.
You must really love Team Rocket. On a scale of 1 to 100, how much do you?

Crash4Smash

Smash Apprentice
Female Robin says hi.

Given that Crash himself never really got much relevance until E3 2016, over half a year after Ultimate's project plan was made, makes me think it's more likely to see anything Crash-related as DLC, including Crash himself.
I agree with that whole heartedly, and would love to see 8 characters come on board as DLC with 4 additional characters unlockable through a DLC adventure mode pack. The characters should be pulled up via a DLC character slot, just like the Mii Fighters.

Autobot N

Smash Apprentice
So, with the Japan Leak thing being proven fake (and a lot of doubt being cast on the NeoGaf leak), are there any more credible leaks besides Vergeben and Loz?

Blue7113

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW650454463802
I think the point is 'let's make a Gen 3 Pokemon with a Gen 5 Echo or vice versa so these gens can be represented.' Gardevoir is pretty popular, and Gothitelle looks similar enough that they could make an echo of it. People really want all Gens to have a Rep
I don’t really think it’s about relevancy or representation this time. It’s “what the fans want, who deserves it, and what will make this the ultimate smash”. I wouldn’t care or be surprised if we got no Pokémon reps. The series is pretty well represented in the first place imo. If this leak is actually real I will eat a shoe. But you support who you want to I guess :)

Crash4Smash

Smash Apprentice
Female Robin says hi.

Given that Crash himself never really got much relevance until E3 2016, over half a year after Ultimate's project plan was made, makes me think it's more likely to see anything Crash-related as DLC, including Crash himself.
I agree with that whole heartedly, and would love to see 8 characters come on board as DLC with 4 additional characters unlockable through a DLC adventure mode pack. The characters should be pulled up via a DLC character slot, just like the Mii Fighters.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
They mean every previous fighter is a fighter, and every previous Assist character appears in some form, I'm certain that we'll be getting DLC past stages in addition to DLC stages for the newcomers, most of which will be Switch paid service exclusive, but the others which will be DLC packaged with characters.
I'm a big fan of Smash Run returning, and I'm sure we're probably going to get some kind of mixture between an online smash run with multiple characters and a true adventure mode similar to melee mixed together.
They mean every fighter from Smash 4 though. That part of the leak would only hold any merit to me if he said everyone is back.
Rocket Raccoon plays it straight, but I think he's a closet Ace.
Don't go through my phone if you think I think Rocket is ace or straight.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Poor Corrin will always be at the end of All-Star mode if it's arranged by timeline again, unless we get an Alolan 'mon.
That's why we need an Alolan Pokemon. I don't know why but the fact that Corrin is the latest character on the roster bothers me.

Shroob

Sup?
So, with the Japan Leak thing being proven fake (and a lot of doubt being cast on the NeoGaf leak), are there any more credible leaks besides Vergeben and Loz?
I'm not even sure Loz is that credible anymore to be frank.

He had to 'go silent' after his Skull Kid claim, and he said that K.Rool and Skull Kid would be in to "Promote future Switch Titles"... and we have 0 new DK or Zelda games on the timeline right now... so.......?

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Who are these people that want literally any Pokemon to rep gen 5 regardless who it is, as long as it's a gen 5 Pokemon? Most people were upset Dark Pit got in, I don't think people will be happy that all gens got represented if it's Gothitelle...

I know you're just playing devil's advocate to a poorly written rumor. I just can't imagine having this amazing of a roster and then...Gothitelle...like the leak should have just said Gardevoir and I would've believed it. Just because something can be an echo doesn't mean it's gunna get in the game.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You know, since it really looks like Smash Run isn't coming back (RIP Best Smash 4 Mode), I hope Chandelure gets upgraded to a Poké Ball Pokémon instead of being dropped entirely.

Like, even if it just does the same stuff it did as a Smash Run enemy (Will-o'-Wisp, Fire Spin, and its Flash Fire ability), that'd be fine. I just hope it isn't completely dropped from the game.

...Unless Sakurai makes Chandelure playable. That'd be so hype. :p Plus it's also kind of eclipsed Zoroark as far as popular Unova Pokémon are concerned.

monadoboy

Smash Lord

View attachment 157617
View attachment 157618
View attachment 157619
View attachment 157620
View attachment 157621

View attachment 157626

During better times, I'd love them, but I'm so burned out by gen one things that I wouldn't enjoy them at all.

Irarius

Smash Journeyman
sooo who wants to talk about possible bosses for a story mode, cause i do
i think all fighter villains might have a boss version of themselves such as

giga bowser
pig ganon
other m pyrosphere ridley
aurora unit dark samus

and new bosses

dracula
rathalos

eggman
necrozma
diggernaut
Grima------------------- we have the awakening trinity now so grima would make sense, <.< also might be a way to get robin
majora maybe?

and else i actually have no idea i dont know the other villains form their game that well but i guess those might have something like this, or just apear as fighters as a boss-like fight

Autobot N

Smash Apprentice
I'm not even sure Loz is that credible anymore to be frank.

He had to 'go silent' after his Skull Kid claim, and he said that K.Rool and Skull Kid would be in to "Promote future Switch Titles"... and we have 0 new DK or Zelda games on the timeline right now... so.......?
Hmm. So Vergeben is the only one, then?

Ivander

Smash Legend
These comics were great
It would be awesome if they did a set of comics focused around the Castlevania stuff in Smash. I mean, they actually did some with Harmony of Despair and a couple with Lords of Shadow Mirror of Fate. And I need to see Conan Simon in that style.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
You know, since it really looks like Smash Run isn't coming back (RIP Best Smash 4 Mode), I hope Chandelure gets upgraded to a Poké Ball Pokémon instead of being dropped entirely.

Like, even if it just does the same stuff it did as a Smash Run enemy (Will-o'-Wisp, Fire Spin, and its Flash Fire ability), that'd be fine. I just hope it isn't completely dropped from the game.

...Unless Sakurai makes Chandelure playable. That'd be so hype. :p Plus it's also kind of eclipsed Zoroark as far as popular Unova Pokémon are concerned.
I would also love to see Rotom! It could have multiple appearances based on what typing it has, and can utilize different attacks with different properties!

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
It would be awesome if they did a set of comics focused around the Castlevania stuff in Smash. I mean, they actually did some with Harmony of Despair and a couple with Lords of Shadow Mirror of Fate. And I need to see Conan Simon in that style.
We need a Smash comic that gives us some goddamn lore.

Autobot N

Smash Apprentice
IMO, yes.

I want Skull Kid, but I don't see this 'new Zelda title' that Skull Kid is supposed to be promoting, and there was nothing at E3.
Well, E3 was dedicated to Smash, so it makes sense that they didn't reveal any huge new titles there (I still agree with your main point though). Although, if I had to choose a new Zelda rep, I'd go with either Toon Zelda or Tetra (I suppose I'm biased towards Wind Waker and its designs).

And his leak no longer really has anything left concerning characters.

Just Minecraft content, iirc.
Besides Isabelle and the Gen 7 Pokemon.

Last edited:

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Who are these people that want literally any Pokemon to rep gen 5 regardless who it is, as long as it's a gen 5 Pokemon? Most people were upset Dark Pit got in, I don't think people will be happy that all gens got represented if it's Gothitelle...

I know you're just playing devil's advocate to a poorly written rumor. I just can't imagine having this amazing of a roster and then...Gothitelle...like the leak should have just said Gardevoir and I would've believed it. Just because something can be an echo doesn't mean it's gunna get in the game.
Okay, which Gen 5 Pokemon sticks out enough to deserve a representation for a fighting archetype we don't already have? And for bonus points, which ones can have a clone made of them from another Generation?

Sakurai has spoiled us so far. Really spoiled us. It's obvious that a choice or two or three are gonna make people mad.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Imagine if we got a Smash Bros. anime. I would be watching that every time a new episode comes.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I miss Awkwardzombie and Brawl in the Family.
Awkward Zombie is still active.

Heck, this one got released today.

Isabelle echo and a potential Gen7 mon, but yeah, that's it really, and I'll put money on Isabelle being in at this point since he's gotten everything else right so far.
What makes me happy about Verg saying Isabelle's name is that he's not doing the obvious and saying she's a Villager Echo.

And given he didn't guess Richter, this makes me think that, if his leak is real, he might have gotten a list before Echoes were added.

Also, he said not Decidueye for the mon, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom