• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Want to get to Richter? Speak to this beauty first!

Last edited:

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
Man, you guys moved on so quickly and I’m still over here trying to cope with that last leak being fake.

I didn’t know I wanted Prince Sable...I just didn’t know...and now...NOW....****!

Noipoi

Howdy!
It's so funny seeing some of you lot react to the Gardevoir leak. If it was someone like Isaac with a Matthew echo y'all would be clinging to it like gospel. God, if it was Sceptile with a Leavanny echo or something I'd expect better reactions. I'm not saying it's likely at all, but it's still funny.
Hey don't you diss Leavanny! She'd kick your butt while cradling her child at the same time! Bug mom is the master of multitasking.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Sakurai: All through the Years of 2016 and 2017, we had programmers working in hype proof conditions to try and produce a playable version of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. They worked on one character each for greater safety; one of them saw two characters in the game and spent several weeks in the hospital. Apart from that, things went pretty quickly.
Wait... where was this stated?

Shroob

Sup?
It's so funny seeing some of you lot react to the Gardevoir leak. If it was someone like Isaac with a Matthew echo y'all would be clinging to it like gospel. God, if it was Sceptile with a Leavanny echo or something I'd expect better reactions. I'm not saying it's likely at all, but it's still funny.
The part that outright kills it is that the file effectively destroyed itself after opening it, yet he was able to get this specific info without taking any screenshots, not even a print screen.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I mean, if Simon was gay, you know who wouldn't exist?
:ultrichter:
You're treading on a thin line. arguing about the sexuality of fictional characters is stupid anyway

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Yo, Sceptile with a Leavanny echo would be hype.

Certainly a better idea than Gothitelle.

Gets another type shown off as well.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Quite a thing to walk in upon... I must find out more.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Hmmm. Now that I think about it, he's still in the clear!
Elec-Man's absence is kind of why I'm still not entirely sold Shadow's playable so soon yet.

Elec Man is a missing 3rd party Assist Trophy too. But there's no way he becomes playable since he's nowhere as near as popular in the Megaman series as Shadow is in the Sonic series. He might of been simply replaced by Zero. He could also still be an assist trophy, they just wanted to show different assist trophies in the first two Assist Trophy showcases.

Despite Shadow's popularity and Richter showing 3rd parties can get echo fighters. It's not impossible Shadow's still an assist. Or even simply just replaced with Knuckles. With no additional Sonic characters at all.

On the bright side for those that want Shadow, that might mean Shadow's being saved as a DLC candidate (Sonic fans would just have to deal with Sonic being alone again for a while despite Castlevania getting two until DLC starts). Maybe as a Sonic series character package with him and Tails together. Or Tails could even be Sonic's echo fighter in the base game and Shadow will be DLC (Which may annoy me a bit because that would mean Shadow is made more unique then Tails would be. But I'd be happy with any way Tails gets in now)

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Yo, Sceptile with a Leavanny echo would be hype.

Certainly a better idea than Gothitelle.

Gets another type shown off as well.
>literal who isn't hype
>literal who #2 is hype
1513673812741.png
Agree to disagree.

cothero

Smash Lord
Alright, can someone please fill me in on the Gardevoir/Gothitelle leak?

I've been hearing about the two Pokemon being in this leak frequently, but also only very recently. I don't know the details of the leak in it's entirety.
There you go: https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/422689663/

I personally think this can be real. The Gardevoir/Gothitelle factor can pretty much be Sakurai doing what he does best: being unpredictable. After Pichu in Melee, the idea of a Pokémon with an echo never crossed my mind. Plus, Gardevoir is VERY popular.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Despite Shadow's popularity and Richter showing 3rd parties can get echo fighters. It's not impossible Shadow's still an assist. Or even simply just replaced with Knuckles. With no additional Sonic characters at all.
The worst case scenario in speculation, getting Isaac'd. All the build-up, octouple the disappointment.

CommanderZaktan

Smash Ace
So if that leak is true and if Sakurai added 2 more, like a Pokemon and an echo, we will have at least 87 fighters.
Ultimate prediction Roster.png

Crash4Smash

Smash Apprentice
That makes a lot of sense. I didn't really think of it like that. So basically the reason we won't be getting any more 3rd party characters is because they'd all need their own stage, and we probably won't get any more stages for the base game. And some people are saying there's gonna be a Minecraft stage, but I think Vergeben said Minecraft would be incorporated into the game, but he doesn't know how. My guess is maybe a diamond sword or pickaxe as an item, or something with stage builder. Either way, there's a good chance you're right. Probably only Nintendo characters (or characters in Nintendo games) from here on out
There's always the chance that Crash Bandicoot backgrounds and music could be added to stage editor... hmmm the new unlockable mode Stage etitor?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Iridium

Smash Hero
Forgetting Incineroar is also a Dark type is like forgetting Palkia is also a Water type.

Last edited:

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Does anyone here think Mega Man can get a new rep (not Proto Man, Zero or Bass :crying:)? I kinda want to see Roll, but her chances are way lower than the three characters mentioned above that got deconfirmed.
Roll semiclone withthe buster from MvC? nah.
Roll with the Broomstick from Powered up and TvC? sure

She is actually one of my most wanted for an assist trophy, along with Fawful.

Iridium

Smash Hero

Definitely the Broomstick. It fits so much more with her style.

Crash4Smash

Smash Apprentice

I think Ken can get in as Ryu's echo, while Chun Li could also get in.

cothero

Smash Lord
So if that leak is true and if Sakurai added 2 more, like a Pokemon and an echo, we will have at least 87 fighters.
I think Sakurai might add 3 more Pokémon to this iteration, Gardevoir + Gothitelle (if that leak is real) and a 7 gen rep, then we'll get a total of 12 Pokémon (wich is not much if you consider there's more than 800 of 'em).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom