• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
I wonder how many trophies we will get this time around. Also, does anybody else love receiving All-Star trophies? The originals are good, but seeing alternates as well were nice, and the Final Smash trophies are just too good as collectibles!

I expect at least 900 trophies, and we most likely will get more.
1,352 trophies exactly... maybe

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
View attachment 157649

heres the leak.

i made some videos on it on my youtube channel (channels name is the same name as my username here "papagenos") if you care to hear an analysis of it.

im thinking its real though many seem not to be on board...sadly i think people arent believing it because they dont care for who its predicting (gothitelle mostly) and not that it isnt an amazing leak that guessed the unguessable richter, also guessed k rool and dark samus AND didnt get deconfirmed by anything in the direct when it had the very REAL chance of getting debunked if gardevoir was shown as a pokeball pokemon OR if dark samus was shown as an assist trophy.
There's more too it

I'm starting to think gardevoir might be in regardless

Gardevoir is a very popular pokemon
Has a mega evolution for obvious reasons
Survived the onslaught of deconfirmed twice and who else survived that would be Isabelle, shadow and skull kid which are all very very likely at this point (by the way we May have gotten a Isaac hint)
If we recall we have ben asking for a 3rd gen and this smash seems to be fan focused
The ballot when we ask for Pokémon it probably involved the words "to present for gen 3 or 5"
Fairy type attacks not present and jigglypuff ain't using any
Should get a gen 3 and gen 5 for the fans
As for gotiette the only option possible for a gardevoir echo

Words of thought basicly

Iridium

Smash Hero
About the Battlefield thing, I was also thinking about just being able to say Battlefield Battlefield.

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
Once again this is a prediction roster, not a wanted roster.

I'll give you the full translation:

Our readers' predictions for new participating fighters

In our July survey response form, (excluding Inkling) we had readers write down their predictions for new fighters... and the results are placed in order of most predicted in the chart on the right! Bandana Waddle Dee, who has in recent years fought along side Kirby, and Rex, are at about the same amount of votes. Waddle Dee's share was outstanding. Springman's game is also a fighting game, so he seems suited for Smash Bros. Mimikyu and Jibanyan, if they showed up they would show up interesting skills.

1. Bandana Waddle Dee (Kirby Series)
2. Rex (Xenoblade 2)
3. Springman (ARMS)
4. Mimikyu (Pocket Monster Series)
5. Jibanyan (Youkai Watch Series)

Also Magalor, Marx (Kirby series), Decidueye, Incineroar (Pocket Monster series), came after Daisy. Captain Toad (he can't jump you know!?), Fire Emblem new protagonist, Goemon, and Kunio-kun also received several votes.

Those who predicted Ridley and Daisy, correct answer! Well, no one predicted Ridley... No matter how many times we look at him he has the presence of a stage gimmick.

----

And that's all, aside from the labels.
Yo, thanks for this!

Also:

Well, no one predicted Ridley... No matter how many times we look at him he has the presence of a stage gimmick.
Dang. Ridley really is Captain America after all.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
i disagree.

if the leak said isaac and waddle dee there'd be waaaay more people saying this leak is amazing for guessing richter and all the other things going for it and that its probably true.

sorry im not trying to come off argumentative its just that real or fake, the leak is being met with hostility and if people were honest about why they dont want to look into it, its because its guessing at gothitelle which sounds insane on the surface.

but it actually makes total sense if sakurai is trying to represent each gen and choose gardevoir for gen 3 and then an easy echo of her from gen 5.

its fine to not want the leak, its fine to decide for yourself you think its fake, but i think its insane to say the ONE leak that guessed richter AND has several other reasons to be believed going for it, isnt credible and shouldnt be given the time of day cause the only thing it did was guess richter. at that point what makes a leak worth looking at then?
The leak may not be real, deal with it.
Guessing Richter - Okay - notable - however doesn't mean it's real. Even someone on this very board, in the top 10 most wanted newcomer thread listed Richter before the direct. Maybe that random user made the leak, who knows. As of now it's just something to note but i'm not putting to much stake in something that someone coulda just got lucky on or listed their fav character.

Richter fans did exist pre direct... Just because we dont pay attention to then doesnt mean they arent out there

Last edited:

RandomAce

Smash Champion
I know the list, it is:

1. Bandana Waddle Dee
2. Rex
3. Spring Man
4. Mimikyu
5. Jibanyan

I just wanted to know all the details.
RIP Japan.

Well probably get Rex/Pyra and Spring Man as DLC. I wonder when they’ll be released because I would buy both of them.

D

Deleted member

Was Richter the first character to be revealed that didn't have a support thread?? Or did Wii fit not???

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I still want Balloon Fighted as a tribute fighter for Iwata

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I desperately want this leak to be true, so I post this picture of Gardevoir and Gothitille as a prayer.
EP784_Gardevoir_y_Gothitelle_de_las_musas_controladas.png

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
What about the Battlefield version of Big Battlefield?

Battlefield Big Battlefield :yoshi:
I also just remembered. I just started trying Yoshi extensively for a while, and I'm already considering using him as a secondary in SSBU. I make decisions quick when it comes to Smash.

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
I still want Balloon Fighted as a tribute fighter for Iwata
That would be wholesome, but honestly? I don't think we'll get him because of how hard it would be to propose a moveset for it. And then, I think Ness is a pretty nice tribute fighter for Iwata, only Balloon Fighter would surprass him.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
So, do you expect Ultimate to become your new favorite Smash? I doubt I like it more than the first two, but hopefully it comes close! (Please make the stage builder good again)
Absolutely. It already is. Yeah, there are a few things I'd change - I still don't know about the cel-shaded KO trails, and Link should totally still be a lefty...

But Squirtle, Mewtwo, Ridley, K. Rool? This is amazing! Give me Dovahkiin, and I'll never ask for anything again.
I cannot fathom another ballot.
The last one said point blank, "results of this ballot will be used for this Smash game and future games to come."
Maybe even more clearly than I just paraphrased. It was a direct statement.
We are only now finally getting in the real characters from the ballot.

We're not getting another ballot.
I'd like to get another so I can spam Dragonborn votes. After all, the ballot closed in 2015, so any characters who've gotten important in the past two years (like the ARMS characters, BotW Champions, LABObot, Xeno 2) aren't going to be represented. Plus, I know people weren't really thinking too much about voting anybody since they didn't realize the third party extent - Cloud was announced in November and the ballot closed in October (?)

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
That would be wholesome, but honestly? I don't think we'll get him because of how hard it would be to propose a moveset for it. And then, I think Ness is a pretty nice tribute fighter for Iwata, only Balloon Fighter would surprass him.
Villager stole Balloon Fighter's whole gimmick, too. Villager doesn't even use that type of stuff in Animal Crossing either I don't think, I think it was just thrown in there.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Loz18 talked about the Heroes vs Villains thing and to basically 'wait and see what he meant'.

And then boom, K.Rool's trailer opens with a heroes vs villains thing.
Oh ok. While that's definitely telling, that's a lot different than the "He had the storyboard for the whole trailer" that I keep hearing.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Yeah Loz did not even ****ing predict the entire storyboard. Predicting the entire storyboard would be like this:

"There's a reel of heroes against villains before showing Donkey Kong in his house. DK hears K. Rool from outside and looks out the window. K. Rool is seen but is faked out by Dedede before the real K. Rool approaches and knocks away Dedede. Donkey Kong and K. Rool punch each other in the sky."

We got

"There could be a heroes vs villains theme"

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Villager stole Balloon Fighter's whole gimmick, too. Villager doesn't even use that type of stuff in Animal Crossing either I don't think, I think it was just thrown in there.
Balloon Fight is a game you can play in some of the AC ones, kind of akin to a Virtual Console in-game.

Items also fly by on Balloons in every game, so at least there's some logic in using this as an Up B. And also the weakness of being shot down has been part of AC for ages. So it was easy to tie into this character, moreso than others. At least it's not randomly there, heh.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Besides K.Rool and Dark Samus, which:

A: Every fake leak had K.Rool on it at the time and

B: Dark Samus was heavily rumored to be in due to the lack of Samus' dark alt and her AT being MIA

What exactly does it have right?

We're believing that some random anonymous user on 4chan not only stole a demo cart of Smash U without anyone noticing, but he was also able to dump the contents and figure out what was on them, and not just that, but also provide ZERO evidence.

If you give this leak THIS much credit because it called Richter, then you by proxy have to give credit to the Neogaf leak as well since it called Roy = Chrom, there's no two sides to this. Just because a leak gets 'one' thing right doesn't make it right.

yeah but you have to then take a leak with credibility and pretend its real and ask yourself if it could make sense.

the richter leak makes sense when i think about it if its real; the code he saw makes sense with how we know code in smash has happened in the past (not full builds just some characters), we have reason to believe richter might be the "base" character or was at some point, trying to rep all the pokemon gens sounds like something sakurai might do for ultimate especially if that was highly requested in the smash ballot comments of pokemon choices, saving a gen 7 for dlc makes sense as pokemon "sells" they might actively WANT to save a pokemon for dlc, gardevoir and dark samus can both debunk the leak if they are shown as an assist or pokeball and neither did, mario2 fits with how they "hid" dlc characters in smash 4, the echo characters being grouped "with" their counter parts on the character select data now makes sense with the way echos can be selected...

thats a LOT of credibility imo.

the neogaf leak did the dumb like "riddle" leak thing where it had hidden characters and made a game out of leaking (screams fake leaker) and when i think about the rest of its full list it DOESNT yield results like "gardevoir and an echo from gen 5 to rep all the gens cause THAT was requested on the ballot"...instead its got for whom the frog tolls characters that do NOT fit how this game seems to be deciding newcomers.

yes it guesses chrom as a roy echo but he's not even clearly a roy echo hes only "technically" a roy echo, it mentioned nothing of having ikes upB and has no story explaining WHY it might not know that (the richter leaks story perfectly explains why he didnt see simon, it was just demo character select screen code it doesnt have everything just some left over code).

if i look into the richter one it becomes more and more real if i look into neogaf it seems more fake.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
You know something I just realized, if we get Shadow we’ll have 3 characters who all know a Maria.

Marth, Richter, Shadow (I hope I’m not forgetting any Maria’s, there is one in Final Fantasy 2 But Cloud doesn’t know her.)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
You know something I just realized, if we get Shadow we’ll have 3 characters who all know a Maria.

Marth, Richter, Shadow (I hope I’m not forgetting any Maria’s, there is one in Final Fantasy 2 But Cloud doesn’t know her.)
But how many of those Marias are killed as part of the story overall? :p

Shroob

Sup?
yeah but you have to then take a leak with credibility and pretend its real and ask yourself if it could make sense.

the richter leak makes sense when i think about it if its real; the code he saw makes sense with how we know code in smash has happened in the past (not full builds just some characters), we have reason to believe richter might be the "base" character or was at some point, trying to rep all the pokemon gens sounds like something sakurai might do for ultimate especially if that was highly requested in the smash ballot comments of pokemon choices, saving a gen 7 for dlc makes sense as pokemon "sells" they might actively WANT to save a pokemon for dlc, gardevoir and dark samus can both debunk the leak if they are shown as an assist or pokeball and neither did, mario2 fits with how they "hid" dlc characters in smash 4, the echo characters being grouped "with" their counter parts on the character select data now makes sense with the way echos can be selected...

thats a LOT of credibility imo.

the neogaf leak did the dumb like "riddle" leak thing where it had hidden characters and made a game out of leaking (screams fake leaker) and when i think about the rest of its full list it DOESNT yield results like "gardevoir and an echo from gen 5 to rep all the gens cause THAT was requested on the ballot"...instead its got for whom the frog tolls characters that do NOT fit how this game seems to be deciding newcomers.

yes it guesses chrom as a roy echo but he's not even clearly a roy echo hes only "technically" a roy echo, it mentioned nothing of having ikes upB and has no story explaining WHY it might not know that (the richter leaks story perfectly explains why he didnt see simon, it was just demo character select screen code it doesnt have everything just some left over code).

if i look into the richter one it becomes more and more real if i look into neogaf it seems more fake.

Except it doesn't make sense at all when you factor in the trailers.

These trailers were most likely made anywhere from a year to more back, and the person who got the main attention is Simon, not Richter.

Why would Richter be the base character, but get less screentime than Simon all things considered? That makes no sense.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Yeah Loz did not even ****ing predict the entire storyboard. Predicting the entire storyboard would be like this:

"There's a reel of heroes against villains before showing Donkey Kong in his house. DK hears K. Rool from outside and looks out the window. K. Rool is seen but is faked out by Dedede before the real K. Rool approaches and knocks away Dedede. Donkey Kong and K. Rool punch each other in the sky."

We got

"There could be a heroes vs villains theme"
I really hope loz18 is wrong, because he said Isabelle isn't playable. I'm thinking either his sources are wrong about her, or he was just taking a guess about her

Iridium

Smash Hero
I also had a thought going through my head right now. Wouldn't it be cool if we could see animated 3D models on the CSS, like in 64? Just a little detail to add some personality to the fighters.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I really hope loz18 is wrong, because he said Isabelle isn't playable. I'm thinking either his sources are wrong about her, or he was just taking a guess about her
Loz said Isabelle isn't playable?
welp guess i'm finally believing him its legit bois pack up and move out nothing to see here

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I also had a thought going through my head right now. Wouldn't it be cool if we could see animated 3D models on the CSS, like in 64? Just a little detail to add some personality to the fighters.
Do you mean this?

They'd be cool but they kinda lost their flair.

Pakky

Smash Hero
So. Abra is here...

Damn it, this reminds of that Palutena thing in Smash 4

Last edited:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Loz said Isabelle isn't playable?
welp guess i'm finally believing him its legit bois pack up and move out nothing to see here
He claims that his sources told him that she isn't playable in the game. He said, "Whoever said Isabelle is playable is bull****". And I'm guessing that tiny text was sarcasm, right?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
He claims that his sources told him that she isn't playable in the game. He said, "Whoever said Isabelle is playable is bull****". And I'm guessing that tiny text was sarcasm, right?
Unnamed sources saying that other unnamed sources are not credible sources? Man my brain's confused.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I doubt Richter was the base character, at least not for the reasons stated.

Looking at the moveset, it's pretty clear that Simon also has some of his own unique abilities in the playstyle. Things like the omnidirectional whip and the Sheik-esque whip attack are moves that Richter is never shown to use in his games (or at least, not in Rondo of Blood) and are instead associated with Simon and his appearance in Super Castlevania IV. That's probably why Sakurai makes the comment about who is echoing who, both have moves that they are borrowing from the other.

Additionally, the way Richter has been treated in Smash itself and supplementary materials clearly have him as the offshoot rather then the base. He's not the one that has the focus in the trailer, that's Simon. He's not the one that gets the base number without the Echo sign, that's Simon. He's not the one the one that gets first billing when it comes to promotion for the game, that's Simon. Everything around the game treats Simon as the base rather then the offshoot, and nothing we've heard so far contradicts that. A rumor of questionable status should not make us change our minds over official materials showing otherwise, and that is a huge flaw for the rumor to consider as it comes into odds with how the characters are being handled.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Except it doesn't make sense at all when you factor in the trailers.

These trailers were most likely made anywhere from a year to more back, and the person who got the main attention is Simon, not Richter.

Why would Richter be the base character, but get less screentime than Simon all things considered? That makes no sense.
richters more popular in japan by far and the moveset they both have is more based on richters game, so potentially he was made first.

not saying the demo was made before simon was decided and thus the trailer being made just that its likely richters code was at somepoint potentially in the game and simons wasnt and so whatever the demo is basing itself off of or what code was left over COULD have richter without simon.

agree to disagree i guess i just think its far more likely than people are giving it credit for.

we got wii fit trainer. in a leak before her reveal she would not seem likely. after her reveal suddenly repping wii fit makes sense cause it sold well. sakurai sometimes has some odd chocies. gothitelle doesnt seem likely. if we get gothitelle suddenly people will be saying it was to easily rep all the gens it makes sense. this sort of thing just has the typical smash logic written all over it imo

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Simon having a multi directional whip while Richter not having one may as well be the defining difference, but that just seems like a bad thing for Richter unless he has his own pro over pretty much deflecting most projectiles/spammers in the game.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Really? I think its crazy to say this. I understand not everyone has the same sense of imagination, but I dont understand how an individual can use the moveset argument.
Take the mechanics of Balloon Fight as a game and give that feeling to a character. Sakurai is an artist. If assigned, he would commission.
Additionally, Sakurai has given people less influential in his life tributes and characters, prior. Why on Earth wouldnt we get a tribute for him?
The only real option for it is Balloon Fighter, as its the only game he created that isnt represented.

Ness isnt a tribute for Iwata, Ness has been in the game from day one. That isnt a tribute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom