• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Indeed there are more missing ones, that list lacks the Ghosts from Pacman and the Excitebikes, for example. I'm assuming some of those are coming back, I honestly can't see Sakurai cutting Pacman's iconic ghosts.
The ghosts are already confirmed to be back.

blazefan519

Smash Ace
I was looking through 4chan archives and I came across this. It's from early July and it's shockingly accurate to what we've seen for the most part. Only problem is that it doesn't mention Dark Samus and it says K Rool is an assist. It's probably just a coincidence but maybe it's possible the guy only saw K Rool for just a second? Probably not but I thought it was worth sharing.

Source: https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/423534828/#q423534828
That is interesting, but it did get a good bit of things wrong which hurts it credibility. It could be another Gematsu situation or it could be that they just missaw but, I'd take it with a grain of salt.

blazefan519

Smash Ace
I don't care if it is gonna look "super weird". The game is weird.

And Kirby doesn't have legs but he kicks just fine. I think Toad can kick just fine without legs.

And Jigglypuff has small arms they are stubs but she punches hard. I think Toad can punch just fine with small arms.
But those characters are unique and their punches and kicks fit them because it's their character. You can't say the same for Toad doing the same punches and kicks as Mario/Luigi when his legs can't even go out that far and his arms can't even go above his head.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
But those characters are unique and their punches and kicks fit them because it's their character. You can't say the same for Toad doing the same punches and kicks as Mario/Luigi when his legs can't even go out that far and his arms can't even go above his head.
OMG.

So You cannot see Toad cowardly punching like Luigi because the arm length are different?

T-Hell

Smash Lord
The ghosts are already confirmed to be back.
I actually thought I saw them in the treehouse demo but just recently GameXplain uploaded a video listing all the ATs confirmed so far and they didn't say the Ghosts, so I thought they weren't confirmed yet. I guess they missed them.

Edit: They had the ghosts in their video and it was actually me who missed them there. I need a ****ing day off.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Screen Shot 2018-06-12 at 10.17.17 AM.png

I mean the models in Smash do break and stretch a lot. Not sure about the reach over the head animation would work but that arm reach for punches isn't a massive issue for any character I feel.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Do you think Sakurai will go overboard with echo fighters and stop adding regular fighters?
Personally I think we are gonna get an equal amount of unique newcomers and Echo Fighters.

We have 8 necomers so far… 4 unique and 4 Echo. I think that if we get 12 newcomers, it could be 6 unique and 6 Echo.

blazefan519

Smash Ace
OMG.

So You cannot see Toad cowardly punching like Luigi because the arm length are different?
I could see him doing that yes, but that wouldn't qualify him as an echo because of the difference in size. That's what I'm getting at.
View attachment 157362

I mean the models in Smash do break and stretch a lot. Not sure about the reach over animation but that arm reach isn't a massive issue for any character I feel.
Fair enough, fair enough. I still stand by it looking awkward but eh, better than nothing.
What the fruit?

One day, over 50 pages.

Tell me there is something new!
No, just speculation of furniture kek

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I mean the models in Smash do break and stretch a lot. Not sure about the reach over the head animation would work but that arm reach for punches isn't a massive issue for any character I feel.
Thank you! You are a lifesaver!

SonicMario

Smash Master
Do you think Sakurai will go overboard with echo fighters and stop adding regular fighters?
I am starting to wonder if they are kind of going to see how Echo fighters are received. And when DLC starts, that's when they go all in. I think at the very least there will be as many echo fighters in the base game then there are unique newcomers in the base game. (Heck it's already 4 each)

They'll probably still have unique fighters in the works. But if Echoes are recieved so well, why not put the extra time to more echoes? And that's when echoes start outnumbering unique characters. Some Unique fighters could possibly be packaged with echoes. Say they add Crash Bandicoot, they could add Coco since they played exactly the same in N. Sane trilogy

I can almost already smell Sakurai and/or Nintendo selling this as "Two characters for the price of one!"

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm fairly certain Sakurai realizes that echoes aren't a real replacement for actual newcomers.

We probably won't get too many original newcomers but it won't be because of echo fighters, it'll be because the game roster is already a massive undertaking as is.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
View attachment 157303
So i don't know if this has been talked about before, but it looks like Voices has its own submenu in the sound menu. Maybe we can set and customize which voices the characters have. (please let me keep the Japanese Marth voice)
It seems like wishful thinking at the moment, since there's no information about being able to change certain fighters' voice clips at will.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
It depends what you'd classify as overboard.

Currently we have unique: K. Rool, Ridley, Simon, Inkling

Echoes we have: Daisy, Chrom, Dark Samus

I think it's going to be pretty neck and neck between uniques and echoes myself, but I think DLC(which I'm going to assume we'll get) will be unique heavy.

FantasticMr.StarPit

Smash Journeyman
People are clamoring for Banjo & Kazooie, and I don't think its impossible for them to join in. K. Rool got in, though he's purely Nintendo, and we all like to see a little Nintendo/Rareware reunion for just this one time. Just... one. If Sakurai goes overboard, he could put Fulgore, Rash and freaking Steve for all I know. lol.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
View attachment 157362

Let's also remember that some attack hitboxes are deceptively larger than what one would suggest. Toad's punching hitbox would have to be rather large if Peach's pummel is expected to damage every fighter she grabs.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
No not at all. Did Dark Samus being an Echo become out of question because Ridley was in?
So now that Ridley is in I guess that Dark Samus as an echo is out of the- wait a minute...
Not really. We got Ridley and Dark Samus
There is one more way to say this, who knows it?

Does anyone have a link to that picture of the Spirits mode icon that someone made? I wanted to show it to some friends but I'm not sure where to find it...
https://twitter.com/Nintendrew_/status/1028507281082785792

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
If we get a third Mario clone, I am gonna be pissed if it's "Super Mario 64 Mario" and not Paper Mario

"Toad wouldn't work as a Mario/Luigi clone because his body structure isn't similar to them"

Meanwhile...

View attachment 157354
That's Mario, not smash bros, doesn't work the same at all

So now that K. Rool is in I guess Dixie as an echo is out of the question.
Dixie as a unique character isn't even out of the question, there's absolutely no rule that states that a franchise can't have 2 newcomers, sakurai doesn't look at characters as reps, both her and k rool can be in on their own merits

Last edited:

T-Hell

Smash Lord
Not gonna lie, I kinda wish Isabelle stayed as an AT just because how cute she looks when another character steals her summoner's fruits or when she runs out of them lmao.

forwardaerial

Smash Cadet

Dixie as a unique character isn't even out of the question, there's absolutely no rule that states that a franchise can't have 2 newcomers, sakurai doesn't look at characters as reps, both her and k rool can be in on their own merits
Yeah. Now I realize how stupid that sounds.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Yeah. Now I realize how stupid that sounds.
Yeah, smash 4 had Rosalina and Bowser Jr and Robin and Lucina. Brawl had Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard and Lucario, Melee had Peach, Bowser and Doctor Mario, Zelda, Sheik, Ganondorf and Young Link as well as Marth and Roy and Mewtwo and Pichu. Even going back as far as smash 64 there was Mario and Luigi, and Pikachu and Jigglypuff. Every smash game has actually done this.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
So Toad cannot be a semi-clone of Mario or Luigi because the body proportions are different.

And yet Young Link and Toon Link can be semi-clones of Link even though they have different body proportions.

Yeah, okay.

forwardaerial

Smash Cadet
Not gonna lie, I kinda wish Isabelle stayed as an AT just because how cute she looks when another character steals her summoner's fruits or when she runs out of them lmao.
Yes Isabelle represents the innocence in Animal Crossing. To cut her out or make her a fighter would be wrong.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So Toad cannot be a semi-clone of Mario or Luigi because the body proportions are different.

And yet Young Link and Toon Link can be semi-clones of Link even though they have different body proportions.

Yeah, okay.
I mean, Toad isn't happening this time for the base game regardless.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Well, I just beat my first FNAF Game, it was actually pretty fun. Much harder than i expected. But it got me thinking...Scott Cawthon said he is working on Console Ports for FNAF, Imagine if we got Freddy for Smash. I wouldn't be opposed to it. but it's certainly an odd choice. If he were, for some reason to come in, what would your thoughts be?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Gee! Thanks for the support.
I mean, it's not bashing the character or anything. I'd love for Captain Toad to be in. But there's no way they'd show him off as an NPC if he were playable.

forwardaerial

Smash Cadet
Well, I just beat my first FNAF Game, it was actually pretty fun. Much harder than i expected. But it got me thinking...Scott Cawthon said he is working on Console Ports for FNAF, Imagine if we got Freddy for Smash. I wouldn't be opposed to it. but it's certainly an odd choice. If he were, for some reason to come in, what would your thoughts be?
Wa-? How did-?

Iridium

Smash Hero
If we got Freddy, expect a lot of memes. I honestly don't want him, or see how he could get a complete moveset.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Wa-? How did-?
To be honest't that'd be me too.
If we got Freddy, expect a lot of memes. I honestly don't want him, or see how he could get a complete moveset.
His moveset would probably mostly be composed of Fnaf World Attacks.
340810-fnaf_world.0.0.jpg

Throwing giant pizzas at people would be pretty fun though. bizzare. but fun.

Iridium

Smash Hero
FNAF is not happening.

Edit: Forget what was shown earlier. Just testing...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom