• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Here's a twist: Chain Chomp is the next and only Mario newcomer.

First he takes to Mario Tennis Aces with a racket in his teeth, and then makes his debut in the most ambitious video game crossover event.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
In the next Direct Sakurai will come out with a white background so that there are no paranoid people who believe that everything in the background is a clue to a character in this way lol
As if that'd help. That'd just lead to "Chorus Kids confirmed!!!"

D

Deleted member

I don't know if someone shared this but this thread flies so here it is something I saw on twitter just now. I think there are more missing ones, but yeah. Interesting to see.

source: https://twitter.com/AllSourceGaming/status/1028760037840236544
Shadow and Isabelle are basically in already
I'll entertain the idea of Skull Kid and Isaac(I still want to know why he was cut from Smash 4)
Ray and Saki? Nah
Sable Primce and Dillon would be cool but they ain't happening.
Lol magnus and phosphora haha

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
I don't know if someone shared this but this thread flies so here it is something I saw on twitter just now. I think there are more missing ones, but yeah. Interesting to see.

I think the only other missing Assist Trophy is ExciteBiker. Otherwise, I think there's around ten or so Assist Trophies we haven't seen yet. Wonder which ones of these will be returning, which ones will remain cut, and who will be promoted?

forwardaerial

Smash Cadet
When normal toad is part of a moveset and Captain Toad is a stage element, what smart leak is gonna include Captain Toad?

I've no interest in whether he's explicitly deconfirmed - his chances have at the very least taken a huge hit.
That's a possibility, but the fact of that matter is. There's nothing really Toad can do that doesn't force him to be unique.

The truth of the matter is once this game is all said and done?

One of the more prominent figures you'll see replacing Ridley, K. Rool and potentially Geno?

It's gonna be Toad/Captain Toad.
Honestly Geno has a better chance than C. Toad. If you look at the newcomers for SSBU, they seem to be based off the Smash ballot results.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I briefly entertained the idea of Toad as an echo figher, but I don't know who you'd make him an echo of. You could've changed Peach's moveset a little bit to fit him MAYBE.

Pulling bombs from the game instead of vegetables, changing the float animation, Toadette instead of another Toad.

But Peach getting 2 echoes? Not happening.
Regular Toad could have been a mix of Mario, Luigi, and Peach.

A moves = Luigi Echo (since Toad is cowardly like Luigi)
Down+B (Vegetable) and Up+B (Propeller Mushroom) = Peach Echo
B (Iceball) and Side+B (Raccoon Tail) = Mario Echo

But nooooooo… detractors said Toad cannot be a clone and must be completely unique that he has an unheard-of moveset. And so when we get Captain Toad with an unheard-of moveset where he doesn't jump, detractors said he will suck and can't win matches since he cannot jump.

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
(Captain) Toad can't be a clone because his body shape doesn't match up to anyone, not because he must have an unique moveset. Would be completely in character to be based on the other mario characters.

Shroob

Sup?
I'm actually wondering if we'll ever get an echo of a character from a different franchise again, akin to Melee Falcondorf and how Ganon was right next to Falcon.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
They've changed up animations for echo's but if they were to change the skeletal structure of one then it goes from an Echo to just straight up being a clone and/or unique character. Toad, skeleton wise, doesn't fit with anybody.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/422689663/
So this leak predicted Richter of all people one month ago. Do you think its still credible or its a false one?
It seems fishy, considering that he discarded simon belmont :/ the corcusnatces of how he got the info seems fishy, and if i wanted to create a fake leak, and put a risky twist into a popular idea. Richter wasnt AS much as a stretch. like saying that we were getting a new fire emblem echo but it wasn't Chrom, rather alm...

That being said if it ends being true... "Mario 2" can perfectly be a placeholder name.

ate ever gets modded in the future, just imagine how BROKEN would Alucard be if they made him playable… his recovery would be so extreme… it makes you
i find funny how easy it would be making alucard playable with what we already got... dash attack, crissageam, side b, bat form, up b Mist form, neutral b, 3 fireballas from dracula boss battle, everything else, marth moveset...

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I'm actually wondering if we'll ever get an echo of a character from a different franchise again, akin to Melee Falcondorf and how Ganon was right next to Falcon.
Oh. I remember I used to come up with a moveset for Meowth and a detractor said he sounds like a clone of Meta Knight. So that's that. Meowth, a flightless clone of Meta Knight.

blazefan519

Smash Ace
Regular Toad could have been a mix of Mario, Luigi, and Peach.

A moves = Luigi Echo (since Toad is cowardly like Luigi)
Down+B (Vegetable) and Up+B (Propeller Mushroom) = Peach Echo
B (Iceball) and Side+B (Raccoon Tail) = Mario Echo

But nooooooo… detractors said Toad cannot be a clone and must be completely unique that he has an unheard-of moveset. And so when we get Captain Toad with an unheard-of moveset where he doesn't jump, detractors said he will suck and can't win matches since he cannot jump.
Even as a supporter of the character, that wouldn't work. It's not the fact that he would be a clone which I'd be fine with, it's because his body structure isn't similar to anyone at all, the closest one being Bowser Jr. at best, but what sense would it make for him to be a Bowser echo. That's why he wouldn't work as a clone, not because of the actual moveset.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
It seems fishy, considering that he discarded simon belmont :/ the corcusnatces of how he got the info seems fishy, and if i wanted to create a fake leak, and put a risky twist into a popular idea. Richter wasnt AS much as a stretch. like saying that we were getting a new fire emblem echo but it wasn't Chrom, rather alm...

That being said if it ends being true... "Mario 2" can perfectly be a placeholder name.

i find funny how easy it would be making alucard playable with what we already got... dash attack, crissageam, side b, bat form, up b Mist form, neutral b, 3 fireballas from dracula boss battle, everything else, marth moveset...
Yeah that's why i was thinking in times when the game is modded, cause that AT literally has almost an entire moveset.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I know it's extremely unlikely, but if the Gen 7 Pokemon were to actually be the Alolan Trainer much like Pkmn Trainer, which evolutionary stages of each starter line do you think would be playable?
Popplio, Torracat, Decidueye

I'd like to see one, it'd be very unexpected and suprising. But are there any good options? All I can think of are Blaziken for Falcon and maybe Susie for Bowser Jr.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
If we get a third Mario clone, I am gonna be pissed if it's "Super Mario 64 Mario" and not Paper Mario
Even as a supporter of the character, that wouldn't work. It's not the fact that he would be a clone which I'd be fine with, it's because his body structure isn't similar to anyone at all, the closest one being Bowser Jr. at best, but what sense would it make for him to be a Bowser echo. That's why he wouldn't work as a clone, not because of the actual moveset.
"Toad wouldn't work as a Mario/Luigi clone because his body structure isn't similar to them"

Meanwhile...

1534113928651.png

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Considering they're going for a "Smash debut order" with Echoes next to their original versions, I'd say it's possible since it wouldn't ruin the CSS in any way.
Don't think they'll do it for 3rd Parties but I'm of the belief that something like Hitmonchan as a Little Mac echo is a possibility.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Sakurai said we had around 50 Assist Trophies, and we have exactly 40 right now.
I think he said over 50.

If we were to add all of the likely returning assist trophies even ones that are suspected of being promoted. It'd go around 56. Meeting Sakurai's blanket number. And still room for some to be promoted and/or removed entirely like Issac and Resetti was from Brawl to Smash 4.

And there still might be new ones left to reveal on top of that.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
I'd argue King Boo is better choice than either of them.

Not saying I expect him, but I don't really expect any new Mario characters at this point.
Yeah, we might just not get any new Mario characters in except for an Echo. I do hope Ultimate starts to change up things for other franchieses and maybe third parties. I have said before that i want to see a Black Shadow Echo and a Deathborn newcomer... but theres another character I would love to see an echo and a villian newcomer for... and the echo also happens to be black and also be named Shadow... ;)

D

Deleted member

If they did cross series echoes, who would be possible candidates? Blaziken as a falcon echo? Can't really think of anybody else.
There are a lot of Pokemon that would fit and I'd love Captain Blaziken. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure Blaziken is on Kalos League's backgroumd once again.

blazefan519

Smash Ace
If we get a third Mario clone, I am gonna be pissed if it's "Super Mario 64 Mario" and not Paper Mario

"Toad wouldn't work as a Mario/Luigi clone because his body structure isn't similar to them"

Meanwhile...

View attachment 157354
Same size != Same proportions. Toad has smaller arms and literally none existent legs. Specials would work fine but tell me how would any of the smash attacks would work without having it look ridiculously ridiculous. Aerials and tilts are gonna look super weird too. I get that you can edit animations but if you're gonna go through that trouble, you might as well make him unique lol

Jibblypuff_

Supposed to be studying
Switch FC
SW 2726 7422 0030
I was looking through 4chan archives and I came across this. It's from early July and it's shockingly accurate to what we've seen for the most part. Only problem is that it doesn't mention Dark Samus and it says K Rool is an assist. It's probably just a coincidence but maybe it's possible the guy only saw K Rool for just a second? Probably not but I thought it was worth sharing.
Hey guys I just go off work from Nintendo and thought I would like to talk about something I found out when walking by on the development of the new Super Smash Bros. game.

Based on what I saw when the roster was loaded, the following newcomers seem to be added to the game:
- Dixie Kong
- Heihachi
- Elma
- Simon
- Steve
- Karate Joe
- Arle
- Issac
- Tiki

With these guys as Echo Fighters:
- Ken
- Shadow
- Isabelle
- Dr. Luigi
- Chrom
- Richter

These characters however are becoming Assist Trophies:
- K. Rool
- Geno
- Banjo-Kazooie
- Creeper
- Susie
- Draco
- Anna
- Alucard
- President Lincoln (from Codename S.T.E.A.M.)
- Zero
- Nightmare
- Klonoa

These stages I found are returning from the previous entries:
- Fountain of Dreams
- Meta Crystal
- Hanenbow
- Poké Floats
- Mario Bros.
- Pac-Maze
- Mushroom Kingdom (64)
- Mute City (3DS)
- Planet Zebes

These stages will be added as brand new stages:
- Dracula's Castle
- Minecraft
- Spring Stadium
- A stage based on Tekken
- Alola Region
- Primp Town
- Forest Maze
- Magikarp Festival
- Sky Skipper
- Sonic Mania
- Park Avenue
- Planet Robobot

I didn't have time to dive deep into what all of these do and how you unlock them, but I hope this gets you excited for the game!
Source: https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/423534828/#q423534828

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Does anyone have a link to that picture of the Spirits mode icon that someone made? I wanted to show it to some friends but I'm not sure where to find it...

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Same size != Same proportions. Toad has smaller arms and literally none existent legs. Specials would work fine but tell me how would any of the smash attacks would work without having it look ridiculously ridiculous. Aerials and tilts are gonna look super weird too. I get that you can edit animations but if you're gonna go through that trouble, you might as well make him unique lol
I don't care if it is gonna look "super weird". The game is weird.

And Kirby doesn't have legs but he kicks just fine. I think Toad can kick just fine without legs.

And Jigglypuff has small arms they are stubs but she punches hard. I think Toad can punch just fine with small arms.

T-Hell

Smash Lord

Indeed there are more missing ones, that list lacks the Ghosts from Pacman and the Excitebikes, for example. I'm assuming some of those are coming back, I honestly can't see Sakurai cutting Pacman's iconic ghosts.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I was looking through 4chan archives and I came across this. It's from early July and it's shockingly accurate to what we've seen for the most part. Only problem is that it doesn't mention Dark Samus and it says K Rool is an assist. It's probably just a coincidence but maybe it's possible the guy only saw K Rool for just a second? Probably not but I thought it was worth sharing.

Source: https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/423534828/#q423534828
He's had enough time to see the entire stage list, but not whether or not K. Rool was playable or Assist?

Insta-fake.

Shroob

Sup?
Indeed there are more missing ones, that list lacks the Ghosts from Pacman and the Excitebikes, for example. I'm assuming some of those are coming back, I honestly can't see Sakurai cutting Pacman's iconic ghosts.
Ghosts is confirmed according to the website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom