• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
The menu looks so clean this go around! I will admit that while I never disliked Smash Wii U's menu, I wasn't super into it either. Then again, I wasn't a huge fan of a lot of the stuff in Smash Wii U, ha ha. Ultimate is a 100% improvement in pretty much every possible way for me. If this is the final (ha) Smash game for the foreseeable future, I'm fine with it. This game is quite possibly gonna become one of my most favorite games of all time if it even ends up half as good as I'm expecting it to be.

Especially if Octoling and Isabelle make it in. If one of them, or better yet, both happen, I will never ask Sakurai for anything ever again, lol.
Yeah, you're right. I do have a 3DS, or used to but the top screen broke :( But I can tell you that 3DS version felt good even if it's not perfect. I don't have Smash for Wii U, but I could say and tell that the menu screen is so abymsal, it would probably take me forever to find the training mode. Doesn't help that it's so small.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
All these leaks and none of them have Captain Toad.

Anti-Toad bias is real.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
All these leaks and none of them have Captain Toad.

Anti-Toad bias is real.
When normal toad is part of a moveset and Captain Toad is a stage element, what smart leak is gonna include Captain Toad?

I've no interest in whether he's explicitly deconfirmed - his chances have at the very least taken a huge hit.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, you're right. I do have a 3DS, or used to but the top screen broke :( But I can tell you that 3DS version felt good even if it's not perfect. I don't have Smash for Wii U, but I could say and tell that the menu screen is so abymsal, it would probably take me forever to find the training mode. Doesn't help that it's so small.
I actually liked Smash 3DS better than Smash Wii U, lol. I just think it got the better modes and stages. As someone who never played Smash online back then, single player stuff was (and still is) important to me.

Basically, if I never had a Wii U and Smash 3DS was all I had, I don't think I would've felt too sad about that in hindsight, especially when Ultimate got announced.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I briefly entertained the idea of Toad as an echo figher, but I don't know who you'd make him an echo of. You could've changed Peach's moveset a little bit to fit him MAYBE.

Pulling bombs from the ground instead of vegetables, changing the float animation, Toadette instead of another Toad.

But Peach getting 2 echoes? Not happening.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
When normal toad is part of a moveset and Captain Toad is a stage element, what smart leak is gonna include Captain Toad?

I've no interest in whether he's explicitly deconfirmed - his chances have at the very least taken a huge hit.
"smart leak"

Interesting word choice...

If Captain Toad was really playable and this is all a big troll, and someone leaks Captain Toad, would it be called a "smart leak"?

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
I briefly entertained the idea of Toad as an echo figher, but I don't know who you'd make him an echo of. You could've changed Peach's moveset a little bit to fit him MAYBE.

Pulling bombs from the game instead of vegetables, changing the float animation, Toadette instead of another Toad.

Plus Peach and Toad's body types...aren't even close. And toad doesn't have a crown, doesn't have legs, doesn't have an umbrella, doesn't have magic and shouldn't use his ass to attack. Literally doesn't make any sense whatsoever

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
After Smash 4's initial release I was burnt on out leaks for the longest time, and never bothered even pitching in on later ones.

But with Ultimate on the way I'm mostly just fine seeing them again. I'm not totally sure why. Maybe it's just because it's been so long since I last took any part in discussing them, or attempting to debunk or support them. Maybe I just needed a long break.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton

Pulling bombs from the game instead of vegetables, changing the float animation, Toadette instead of another Toad.

What about one of the Mario's?

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
"smart leak"

Interesting word choice...

If Captain Toad was really playable and this is all a big troll, and someone leaks Captain Toad, would it be called a "smart leak"?
No, it would be a correct leak.

Any leak that knows it is fake and yet chooses a character with a lower probability of inclusion (and therefore validation) is not a smart leak.

Enchess

Smash Lord
As much as I love Fawful, the idea of him getting in Smash before Paper Mario or Geno does not give me chortles.
Honestly, in literally any other Smash I'd say there's no way Geno would ever make it in over Fawful or Cackletta, but fanservicey nature makes me less confident, so I won't argue on likelihood. Doesn't change that Paper Mario and Geno aren't the only good options for Mario rep though.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Geno and Paper Mario are honestly the only good choices left for a Mario newcomer.
Untitled.png

I could name a decent few of plausible characters. You got King Boo from Linguini's Monsoon, Petey Piranha, Fawful, Goomba (not even kidding), and probably a few others.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Honestly, in literally any other Smash I'd say there's no way Geno would ever make it in over Fawful or Cackletta, but fanservicey nature makes me less confident, so I won't argue on likelihood. Doesn't change that Paper Mario and Geno aren't the only good options for Mario rep though.
"only good" may have been pushing it too far.

How about "most likely" instead?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Uh...oops lmao. Clearly I meant Dixie.

QrowinSP

Smash Journeyman
To be honest, I'm a little sad that right now Anna likely won't make it into the cast. She's the only real recurring member of the FE cast. But she's not hyper requested, and there's already a lot of fe representation, so I doubt it.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
What about one of the Mario's?
That's a possibility, but the fact of that matter is. There's nothing really Toad can do that doesn't force him to be unique.

The truth of the matter is once this game is all said and done?

One of the more prominent figures you'll see replacing Ridley, K. Rool and potentially Geno?

It's gonna be Toad/Captain Toad.

Esquelen

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0130-1916-2977
Switch FC
SW-3004-0190-2265
In the next Direct Sakurai will come out with a white background so that there are no paranoid people who believe that everything in the background is a clue to a character in this way lol

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I don't know if someone shared this but this thread flies so here it is something I saw on twitter just now. I think there are more missing ones, but yeah. Interesting to see.

source: https://twitter.com/AllSourceGaming/status/1028760037840236544
MR. RESETTI CONFIRMED OH MY GOD I CAN'T BELIEVE IT

I think we still have 10 Assists left to be revealed (or 9 if Ashley wasn't already put on the list)? We can probably count out who it could be and then get into a big brain thinking cap frenzy.

blazefan519

Smash Ace

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Skull Kid with an sheik echo in Impa would really do wonders to make up for the lackluster Zelda character representation that we've had since brawl
Inb4 you get Linkle instead
To be honest, I'm a little sad that right now Anna likely won't make it into the cast. She's the only real recurring member of the FE cast. But she's not hyper requested, and there's already a lot of fe representation, so I doubt it.
I don’t think she started getting requests until Awakening and especially Heroes (which has done wonders for someone like Lyn)
What are people saying about the pillows?
Not the pillows (though they’re used as a reference to Skull Kid’s mask), but the tweet he made that was just a simple “P” for prank
With Ultimate now having more FE than Zelda reps, I'm really starting to have hope for Skull Kid now
:ultmario:- 8 (5 unique, 1 semi, 1 echo, and the spirit of :ultluigi:)
:ultmario:- counting all Mario reps 13 (10 unique, 1 semi, 1 echo, and the spirit of :ultluigi:)
:ultpikachu:- 7 (6 unique, 1 semi...I think Pichu is a semi but I never played him)
:ultlink:- 6 (3 unique and 3 semi)...hopefully Skull Kid and/or Impa join the fight
:ultmarth:= 7 (4 unique, 2 echoes, and 1 semi)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom