• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Random thought… if Ultimate ever gets modded in the future, just imagine how BROKEN would Alucard be if they made him playable… his recovery would be so extreme… it makes you realize why he ended as an AT in the end.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
So I've been talking to a friend of mine who is also a huge fan of Smash and he also agrees that Sakurai is intentionally dropping clues this time around. There is just too much coincidence. Also we came to the conclusion that we could perfectly reach up to 10 completely new characters an even 15 echos, for what is worth.
Mind you, we may be getting our expectations a little bit too high, but he's pretty convinced it's gonna happen.
...yeah, I don’t buy much into the furniture = character theories, but I am completely of the opinion that “hope you’re not expecting too many newcomers” means “lol surprise! So many characters!” Especially since echoes seem to be planned this time, not last minute clones.

And the final poster 100% needs to be obtainable somewhere. I can’t wait for more characters to show up on it.

Luminario

Smash Lord
Honestly not really buying that Gothitelle and Gardevoir leak, because Gothitelle is well random and while Gardevoir is a mon that has hold its popularity to some degree, but why choose Gardevoir to rep Gen 3, when Sakurai can pick Blaziken, which is one of the few mons like Lucario & Greninja that can rival in the popularity of well all Gen 1 mons, because the Gen 1 mons is where the mainstream is the most familiar with.
The popularity poll that was posted quite a few pages back actually has Blaziken several places below Gardevoir. Gardevoir was the most popular non-legendary Gen 3 on the list.
I know it's extremely unlikely, but if the Gen 7 Pokemon were to actually be the Alolan Trainer much like Pkmn Trainer, which evolutionary stages of each starter line do you think would be playable?
Rowlet, Brionne, Incineroar. Rowlet's the light air fighter, Brionne's the projectile waller, Incineroar's the powerful killer.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
If there were a Collector's Edition for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, what would you like to have in there?
You know that scrolling puece of artwork they have on the site? I want that made into a rediculously long poster. I don't usually even bother with posters but I'd totally make an exception for that.

Smashiny

Smash Journeyman
Gotta say that even though I think basing predictions off furniture is not the way to go about things, I really hope I'm wrong. I'm super duper jumped on the Skull Kid train.

Relax Alex though, I'm not feeling him after the stupid tweet stunt he pulled with "P". -_-
What 's this "P"- tweet you are talking about?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
The popularity poll that was posted quite a few pages back actually has Blaziken several places below Gardevoir. Gardevoir was the most popular non-legendary Gen 3 on the list.

Rowlet, Brionne, Incineroar. Rowlet's the light air fighter, Brionne's the projectile waller, Incineroar's the powerful killer.
Which Legendary Pokemon were higher, out of curiosity?
And where was Gothitelle?

T-Hell

Smash Lord
...yeah, I don’t buy much into the furniture = character theories, but I am completely of the opinion that “hope you’re not expecting too many newcomers” means “lol surprise! So many characters!” Especially since echoes seem to be planned this time, not last minute clones.

And the final poster 100% needs to be obtainable somewhere. I can’t wait for more characters to show up on it.
Not only that, but an echo presumably takes almost no time or effort to make, at least not in the developing time, but more like the modeling team and such. Also, it seems clear now that Sakurai doesn't quite count echos as completely new characters, he said so at E3 and is proving it time and time again with the way he's been revealing them, kinda unceremoniously, so to speak, so yeah, we might not get "too many new challengers", but we still may be getting quite a bunch and still be less than in Smash 4. That's probably why we're getting more echos AND newcomers than we think.

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Also the Japan rumor lines up with the Protonmail rumor. Granted it could just be that Protonmail is piggybacking the Japan Leak. But we mainly see that with rumors that gain traction throughout the internet like Vergeben, Imgur, Codenames, and Loz. The Japan Leak hasn't gained much traction at all.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
On the subject of that tweet Sakurai made… my opinion: Sakurai doesn't often tweet stuff like that, and him knowing that's a perfect reference to Golden Sun gameplay must mean something for sure. He wouldn't do that so specifically to just not put Isaac in. Just my opinion tho.

Shroob

Sup?
Also the Japan rumor lines up with the Protonmail rumor. Granted it could just be that Protonmail is piggybacking the Japan Leak. But we mainly see that with rumors that gain traction throughout the internet like Vergeben, Imgur, Codenames, and Loz. The Japan Leak hasn't gained much traction at all.
Japan leak?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Then again, Codenames and Imgur were debunked. The fact the Japan leak hasn’t gained traction may actually be a point in its favor (esp since three third party reps is a thing now and Bamco may go all unique), though we’ll see on September 24th.

Last edited:

Sin Slash

Smash Rookie
With Ultimate now having more FE than Zelda reps, I'm really starting to have hope for Skull Kid now

blazefan519

Smash Ace
The Japan rumor?

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
On the subject of that tweet Sakurai made… my opinion: Sakurai doesn't often tweet stuff like that, and him knowing that's a perfect reference to Golden Sun gameplay must mean something for sure. He wouldn't do that so specifically to just not put Isaac in. Just my opinion tho.
A part of me feels like we're going to be debating about whether or not that tweet means anything for several months until release date.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
If the "red eyes" comment only applied to one character, I wouldn't pay it much mind.

But it's tied to three newcomers (Simon, Richter, K.Rool), without having to stretch things to much.

It's definitely a hint. I'm sure of it.

blazefan519

Smash Ace

T-Hell

Smash Lord
Someone’s claiming there will be a direct on Sep 24 (Tokyo Game Show) that will reveal Heihachi and Lloyd from Tales of Symphonia (and possibly others)
That's probably the same guy who said those 2 characters before the Direct and provided footage of Lloyd that ended up being from an arcade machine.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
That's probably the same guy who said those 2 characters before the Direct and provided footage of Lloyd that ended up being from an arcade machine.
Nope, I’m pretty sure that one was just piggybacking. If I remember the piggybacker said they’d be in the August 8th direct, or a much earlier direct than September

...gosh I don’t really remember myself but I’m sure that was just piggybacking

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
The only way it says I can insert an image is by typing in a web address
There should be “attach files” somewhere around the area where you write an instant reply?

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
What 's this "P"- tweet you are talking about?
Relax Alex said he knew real smash info, then just posted P. Then retweeted news articles pointing out that people were trying to figure it out, basically making fun of them.

It was a real **** move and I haven't supported him since. I don't care if he's a "memer" no need to be a **** to your own fan base, also just to get more attention so he can make money. Real ****ty.

_Sheik

Smash Lord
I don't have a grudge against any Gen 7 Pokemon. What would bother me - as in, really anger me - is that Sakurai would give the shaft to many fan-favorite characters (Ashley, Krystal, Shovel Knight, you name it) to include a flavor-of-the-month rep of the most populated/popular IP Nintendo owns?

I love Sakurai, but man... a scary thought that the few fan-favorite characters that have yet to be confirmed or deconfirmed could just be cast aside like this? I get that he's finally given us Ridley and K.Rool, but what of the fans who cared about neither?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
With Ultimate now having more FE than Zelda reps, I'm really starting to have hope for Skull Kid now
Skull Kid's chances may not be as likely as people might suggest though. At best, we could see Impa be a Sheik Echo Fighter, and even that isn't too likely to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom