• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Also, it does bug me that when FF was hovered over it said FF7 specifically. So I have a hard time believing Terra for the ResetERA leak

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well, as long as people aren't getting into detective mode from a couple of chairs in the background.

The Golden Sun thing is probably a coincidence, but I'd be pretty happy if Isaac made it in the game. I think he's got a lot of cool tools at his disposal.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
What I'm more interested in is that they added ****ING LITERAL CASTLEVANIA into the background of his and Simon's victory screens. That's ****ing dope.
I'm pretty sure that's there for all characters, NSG. :rolleyes:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I want Viridi so I can destroy her with Chrom and feel like I accomplished something. In all seriousness, I just want a good laugh.
Even without Viridi, we can still make sure that Palutena tastes the bitterness of defeat at the hands of Chrom's Aether recovery move.

MalcolmBelmont

Smash Journeyman
A freind of mine made a good point - Gen 7 Pokemon got popular after 2015 so unless Sakurai did a Greninja thing in that he chose a Pokemon before he knew how popular would be then maybe Gen 7 Pokemon won't be at launch

Iridium

Smash Hero

We need these tracks, for we need some creepy music. I'm not kidding about the second one.
I also just realized, Lavender Town's theme could have easily worked for Mimikyu. I know it has its own theme, but still.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Super Smash Bros. Direct will reveal Simon Belmont. Menu will be shown off.

-----BEGIN-----
Version: BCPG C# v1.6.1.0
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=7xNq
-----END-----
It leads to a now empty mailbox that had a message that said:

“Simon Belmont
Heihachi
Lloyd Irving
Isabelle
Waddle Dee

Not the complete list.”

(Copying image sources is a ***** on mobile sorry, I’m just transcribing what it said in the snapshot. The email address was “imgur(some sequence of letters)@protonmail.ch)

What lends credence is the whole “Waddle Dee” name, which is most likely Bandana Waddle Dee since that name was too long and “Bandana Dee” is a fan nickname.
Thank ya :)

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
A freind of mine made a good point - Gen 7 Pokemon got popular after 2015 so unless Sakurai did a Greninja thing in that he chose a Pokemon before he knew how popular would be then maybe Gen 7 Pokemon won't be at launch
Yep. Basically it'd have to be a Greninja situation, which is possible as long as the said Pokemon's concept art is interesting enough.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Inb4 Ashley is an Assist Trophy again because we’re getting either Jimmy T. or Kat and Ana as a Wario Ware rep.
I wouldn’t mind if Ashley was turned down for Mona. Seniority and all

Yep. Basically it'd have to be a Greninja situation, which is possible as long as the said Pokemon's concept art is interesting enough.
Plus it’d be a fairly safe bet if a started was chosen. Which may have been why Incineroar was chosen, if indeed he was

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Well a big wrestling Fire cat who uses dirty tricks is an interesting concept, no?

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Well a big wrestling Fire cat who uses dirty tricks is an interesting concept, no?
As well a Robin Hood bird who can turn his wing into a bow and a Seal who makes attack balloons out of water. Gen 7's pokemon list might be small compared to previous gens but it certainly has no shortage of interesting Pokemon designs.

Last edited:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
There is a trend in speculation this time that I am not a fan of.

After Smash 4 came and went with most speculation proving incorrect, there's now an intense fear of being wrong.

People laughed at the Dark Samus speculation. People made fun of it, made memes of it, photoshopped Charlie Kelly conspiracy boards out of it.

And then it was legit.

People gave up on expecting Ridley, to the point where people still think guessing Ridley would be the e3 reveal was impossible. Which is utterly ridiculous. And in the two months after, it felt like no one was willing to say they truly believed K. Rool would be in, too, despite that being painfully obvious to me.

When Sakurai tweeted about his "red eyes," anyone suggesting it could be a hint was, again, called a fool. But then K. Rool actually was announced.

Even when the official Nintendo YouTube channel leaked Bloody Tears, there were still people thinking it could be someone hacking their account and messing with us.

I see post after post of "hurr durr remember Ridley's shadow" to any suggestion they're leaving clues despite the fact that we've already seen they are. You do not need to believe every random sign people see. I don't really believe any of the current purple chair theories myself. But to not even entertain the idea that he's playing with us this time is more foolish than believing he was playing with us last time.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I'm pretty sure that's there for all characters, NSG. :rolleyes:
I didn't think that that specific building was but, eh, you may be right. Still looks like Castlevania with a Castlevania character in front of it.

D

Deleted member

The stubby legs also appear in 3D models such as in the 3D Pokedex
Just checked.
I will admit the legs are stubbier in comparison to Gardevoir, but they are far more stubbier in the anime than in the actual model.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

After Smash 4 came and went with most speculation proving incorrect, there's now an intense fear of being wrong.

People laughed at the Dark Samus speculation. People made fun of it, made memes of it, photoshopped Charlie Kelly conspiracy boards out of it.

And then it was legit.

People gave up on expecting Ridley, to the point where people still think guessing Ridley would be the e3 reveal was impossible. Which is utterly ridiculous. And in the two months after, it felt like no one was willing to say they truly believed K. Rool would be in, too, despite that being painfully obvious to me.

When Sakurai tweeted about his "red eyes," anyone suggesting it could be a hint was, again, called a fool. But then K. Rool actually was announced.

Even when the official Nintendo YouTube channel leaked Bloody Tears, there were still people thinking it could be someone hacking their account and messing with us.

I see post after post of "hurr durr remember Ridley's shadow" to any suggestion they're leaving clues despite the fact that we've already seen they are. You do not need to believe every random sign people see. I don't really believe any of the current purple chair theories myself. But to not even entertain the idea that he's playing with us this time is more foolish than believing he was playing with us last time.
so do you believe or not believe the chairs

MalcolmBelmont

Smash Journeyman
As well a Robin Hood bird who can turn his wing into a bow and a Seal who makes attack balloons out of water. Gen 7's pokemon list might be small compared to previous gens but it certainly has no shortage of interesting Pokemon designs.
Honestly i know it will never happen but Professor Kakui with the ability to switch between the final form of the Gen 7 starters would solve the whole Incineroar vs Decideye complaints

FantasticMr.StarPit

Smash Journeyman
I want Viridi solely because of the sass she'd display in battle.
I had something in mind that irks me, if they put Medusa as a fighter first over Viridi, I'm gonna be like a pack of 100 grams of saltiness with a mix of sadness and stay like that forever. That's IF it ever happens. Viridi even said in the Dark Pit conversation in Smash 4, "the battle isn't over yet". Besides, Pitoo's gotta have someone on his back.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Honestly i know it will never happen but Professor Kakui with the ability to switch between the final form of the Gen 7 starters would solve the whole Incineroar vs Decideye complaints
It'd also be THREE POKEMON CHARACTERS.

which, if I'm going to be honest, doesn't sound like a very intelligent way to spend resources, considering there aren't many fans of Primarina.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Y'all acting surprised at Richter's headband as if Richter isn't an omnipotent being who'll be able to whip through walls in the game, doesn't fly 50 feet when getting hit in his games and is so goddamn handsome that just watching the direct made me pregnant with his triplets

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
so do you believe or not believe the chairs
I believe in the oil drum. But I sat on that, only talking about it in private, because I knew people would react basically exactly like they did.

MainJPW

M.T.A
I think the explosion effect actually has a windbox so anything with physics will get blown around. For instance I think Snake's Bandanna does the same in his victory screens.
Now that I watch the Victory screens again Ike's bandana sashes do move slightly during the explosion effect:

Snake's don't really react much:

The thing with Richter is that they "lift up" which is kinda weird.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
When people mention "Mario2" in that Richter leak, I immediately think of Jumpman:

Screen Shot 2018-08-12 at 2.52.43 PM.png

I do not believe the 4chan leak personally, but if it were true, I believe this would be the character the leaker was referring to.

I would kill to have the mischievous version of Mario playable in this Smash.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I mean, while I'm not banking on Skull Kid myself(Or too much on Isaac for that matter), if either or(Or best case scenario, BOTH), get revealed next time, can we just stop with the "IT WAS A COINCIDENCE!!!!!!!"

I mean, I've been lambasted for my belief that the "Chrom and Dark Samus, you may have seen this coming" for pretty much believing that this is due to the E3 build and not "Nah, you see, they were popular, the E3 build means nothing"

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

And then it was legit.

To be fair, I only thought the extrapolating from Sakurai saying his eyes were red from strain was silly because I initially thought it was just a passing comment- when I actually saw his eyes being red I was like "aaahahaha oh he got me it was actually a thing" and then of course The King was revealed

As far as the chairs go (I didn't notice the oil drum/ladder thing), I'm actually on the for side for it being a hint towards something, but I'm not usually saying anything for or against it (either way would piss someone off lol) and finding the fact that there's some kind of actual salt coming out of these arguments for some reason (like earlier) ridiculous

Last edited:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I had something in mind that irks me, if they put Medusa as a fighter first over Viridi, I'm gonna be like a pack of 100 grams of saltiness with a mix of sadness and stay like that forever. That's IF it ever happens. Viridi even said in the Dark Pit conversation in Smash 4, "the battle isn't over yet". Besides, Pitoo's gotta have someone on his back.
To be fair, a lot of people pick Medusa simply because she'd be easier as an Echo.

Edit: lol person above me started with "to be fair" too in their comment. Dunno why that made me laugh.

Last edited:

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
I mean, while I'm not banking on Skull Kid myself(Or too much on Isaac for that matter), if either or(Or best case scenario, BOTH), get revealed next time, can we just stop with the "IT WAS A COINCIDENCE!!!!!!!"

I mean, I've been lambasted for my belief that the "Chrom and Dark Samus, you may have seen this coming" for pretty much believing that this is due to the E3 build and not "Nah, you see, they were popular, the E3 build means nothing"
Yeah, Sakurai is clearly aware of the speculation based on what is or isn’t in the game with his comment of people expecting those two

MainJPW

M.T.A
Y'all acting surprised at Richter's headband as if Richter isn't an omnipotent being who'll be able to whip through walls in the game, doesn't fly 50 feet when getting hit in his games and is so goddamn handsome that just watching the direct made me pregnant with his triplets
Oh yes, I've seen SOTN speedruns. He's a monster.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
When are we gonna get headband brothers.

Ike, Ryu, Snake, Richter, Seliph and Akira Yuki, all duking it out over who has the best band.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
Waluigi made it in Smash Flash 2 as a playable character.

Well, that should make some people satisfied in some way. I know it did me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom