• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
To be fair, I only thought the extrapolating from Sakurai saying his eyes were red from strain was silly because I initially thought it was just a passing comment- when I actually saw his eyes being red I was like "aaahahaha oh he got me it was actually a thing" and then of course The King was revealed

As far as the chairs go (I didn't notice the oil drum/ladder thing), I'm actually on the for side for it being a hint towards something, but I'm not usually saying anything for or against it (either way would piss someone off lol) and finding the fact that there's some kind of actual salt coming out of these arguments for some reason (like earlier) ridiculous
I thought the red eyes thing was dumb, too. I'm still not actually completely sold on it being a real hint. But there's enough other breadcrumbs I think could be real that I'm entertaining the idea.

And that's what I want from people. To be more open-minded about this kind of stuff. It's not a fight, there's no winning or losing and you don't need to pick a side. It's a discussion, and one I think has enough merit to not brush off. And this is coming from someone who was very, very adamant that Sakurai was not teasing anything back in Smash 4.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Or you know...... they're were requested characters for Smash (which they were) and the fact echoes was a thing. It wasn't exactly hard to put this together. Chrom even said "Imma get my chance another day" in Smash4 Lucina Trailer". I think people are overreaching about Sakurai hints. His hints are brief and happens right before something is announced such as his red eyes comments. This is also the first time where I even noticed he hinted at something anyway. Fans hinting at something or assuming something such as he knew about speculation at E3 is entirely different from the developer himself hinting. Sakurai is incredibly busy; I doubt he has time looking at discussion especially when he said he worries about releasing the game on time.

I also find it hit hilarious that when someone brings up this particular character, people then ignore the character and mentions other characters that people have not even been requesting for. The whataboutism is grossly overdone.
No, this was entirely intentional.

Both Ike and Samus lost those two exact color palettes from the Demo build of the game for no reason.

Sakurai only confirms it by saying "You may have seen this coming".

He didn't need to say that at all. Why did he?

Sakurai knows what color palettes were in the E3 build of the game, he's more than likely the one who approved what would be there in the first place. To basically rip away Samus' most popular color palette right up there with the Gravity Suit is odd as ****.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I believe in the oil drum. But I sat on that, only talking about it in private, because I knew people would react basically exactly like they did.
C'mon man that didn't answer my question at all

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
C'mon man that didn't answer my question at all
I said I don't really believe in the current purple chair theories. But I do still believe they're potentially hinting at something. They're actually not even what I consider to be the most suspicious item in the room. I really want to know what's on the cover of that one book that's turned toward the camera.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Honestly i know it will never happen but Professor Kakui with the ability to switch between the final form of the Gen 7 starters would solve the whole Incineroar vs Decideye complaints
While I'd prefer Decidueye of the three, I'll probably be satisfied with whichever one Sakurai decides to go with. My point was that Gen 7 is just brimming with potential for fighters that no single one of them is really a lock. We might even get a sleeper fighter like Silvally, Tapu Koko, or Pheremosa.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Gotta say that even though I think basing predictions off furniture is not the way to go about things, I really hope I'm wrong. I'm super duper jumped on the Skull Kid train.

Relax Alex though, I'm not feeling him after the stupid tweet stunt he pulled with "P". -_-
Oh yeah...his “P” moment...
First it's just a pair of chairs, but now they're analyzing the pillows, too?

......I don't even know what to say about this.
Anything can be analyzed, even when wrong
Good call examining the pillows too, Alax! Sakurai thinks he's slick well we're on to 'im.

Sakurai can’t play us anymore

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
While I'd prefer Decidueye of the three, I'll probably be satisfied with whichever one Sakurai decides to go with. My point was that Gen 7 is just brimming with potential for fighters that no single one of them is really a lock. We might even get a sleeper fighter like Silvally, Tapu Koko, or Pheremosa.
That can be said for every single Pokemon generation.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I said I don't really believe in the current purple chair theories. But I do still believe they're potentially hinting at something. They're actually not even what I consider to be the most suspicious item in the room. I really want to know what's on the cover of that one book that's turned toward the camera.
Yeah I never saw that, gonna need that picture.

Roberk

Smash Champion
I can't believe the Soren leak because it just doesn't make any sense.

Why Soren? He's not super popular, he's not relevant, he's not significant, and Tellius is already repped by Ike. He also barely fits into Robin's mold as an Echo, being primarily known for wind magic and sometimes using daggers, not a full on sword like the Levin Sword.

If they wanted a Robin Echo there are tons of more relevant, popular, significant, and sensible options. Soren would truly be the most "Why" character.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
It'd also be THREE POKEMON CHARACTERS.

which, if I'm going to be honest, doesn't sound like a very intelligent way to spend resources, considering there aren't many fans of Primarina.
I thought Primarina was the most popular final form of the three in a recent popularity poll?

I know Rowlett topped the poll overall though.

Troykv

Smash Master
No, this was entirely intentional.

Both Ike and Samus lost those two exact color palettes from the Demo build of the game for no reason.

Sakurai only confirms it by saying "You may have seen this coming".

He didn't need to say that at all. Why did he?

Sakurai knows what color palettes were in the E3 build of the game, he's more than likely the one who approved what would be there in the first place. To basically rip away Samus' most popular color palette right up there with the Gravity Suit is odd as ****.
Well; in the end that theory ended making sense in the hindsight; specially compared with other more paranoic ones.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
So I just woke up from my nap and dreamt about the next Smash Direct focused on the Spirits mode.

-It was not a new SSE or Story Mode.

-SSE was mentioned and has given a few callbacks.

-The mode was called something like Subspace memories or something where you relieved the fights of the story...which were just generic battles between the fighters. (Mario & Pit vs Link & Yoshi, Fox & Diddy vs Bowser etc)

-Two Subspace enemies became Asisst Trophies with upgraded and more vibrant designs, both were brand new and weren’t from Brawl.

....Glad it was only a dream.

D

Deleted member

I know it's extremely unlikely, but if the Gen 7 Pokemon were to actually be the Alolan Trainer much like Pkmn Trainer, which evolutionary stages of each starter line do you think would be playable?

MainJPW

M.T.A
So I just woke up from my nap and dreamt about the next Smash Direct focused on the Spirits mode.

-It was not a new SSE or Story Mode.

-SSE was mentioned and has given a few callbacks.

-The mode was called something like Subspace memories or something where you relieved the fights of the story...which were just generic battles between the fighters. (Mario & Pit vs Link & Yoshi, Fox & Diddy vs Bowser etc)

-Two Subspace enemies became Asisst Trophies with upgraded and more vibrant designs, both were brand new and weren’t from Brawl.

....Glad it was only a dream.
So... separate from Spirits?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Termina Field music plays during Young Link's video. And a new remix at that which edges toward Majora's Mask. The evidence keeps piling up.
Basically, everything but the character himself points to Majora's Mask.

I'm still gonna be putting my money on YLink getting the OoT Master Sword. Mark my words, it's gonna happen.

Pakky

Smash Hero
The big, bright spot of blue in this otherwise drab and brown room.

I pondered that but disregarded it as I couldn't make out the cover. (Though at a point it did look like a children's book character wearing a hat to me)

So, Geno is probably the best bet, Blue, and Yellow?

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
If there were a Collector's Edition for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, what would you like to have in there?
A Smash Ultimate gamecube controller. At least it's something I'll use and not just hang up on a shelf somewhere.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
If there were a Collector's Edition for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, what would you like to have in there?
Definitely the full roster artwork poster + whichever new amiibos are coming around that time, include them in it + whatever else the limited edition had.
I can't think of anything else now but anything would be nice

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
"Many of you may be excited about Young Link, but here is our new Echo fighter:

Old Link."

I'm really bored.

blazefan519

Smash Ace
You know, the funniest thing about what makes me excited for character reveals is not the actual characters themselves but where they'll fit on the artwork of everyone.

Bayopuff

Smash Apprentice
What would you guys think of stickers and a mini-poster being included in the case for the game, that would be really cool!

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
A poster of every base roster character and maybe a code for a free download from iTunes of the soundtrack. Or at least SOMETHING related to the soundtrack

T-Hell

Smash Lord
So I've been talking to a friend of mine who is also a huge fan of Smash and he also agrees that Sakurai is intentionally dropping clues this time around. There is just too much coincidence. Also we came to the conclusion that we could perfectly reach up to 10 completely new characters an even 15 echos, for what is worth.
Mind you, we may be getting our expectations a little bit too high, but he's pretty convinced it's gonna happen.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Super Smash Bros. Direct will reveal Simon Belmont. Menu will be shown off.

-----BEGIN-----
Version: BCPG C# v1.6.1.0
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=7xNq
-----END-----
It leads to a now empty mailbox that had a message that said:

“Simon Belmont
Heihachi
Lloyd Irving
Isabelle
Waddle Dee

Not the complete list.”

(Copying image sources is a ***** on mobile sorry, I’m just transcribing what it said in the snapshot. The email address was “imgur(some sequence of letters)@protonmail.ch)

What lends credence is the whole “Waddle Dee” name, which is most likely Bandana Waddle Dee since that name was too long and “Bandana Dee” is a fan nickname. It would also explain why ALL Waddle Dees are absent from Dedede’s moveset, even those that don’t wear bandanas.
Is there a way to include screenshots to a message? I took screenshots of the protonmail leak that I could share, if it's possible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom