• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
I thought you were talking about THE Joker and now I'm disappointed because honestly, Joker would be a much better choice than Batman to rep the Batman series. Don't @ me.

Incredibly valid opinion
I mean, I don't mean to sound ungrateful. I think everything they've done for this game is for the fans, but none of the characters revealed have been characters I really want. I wanted Ashley, Isabelle, Viridi, Shantae, and Lyn, and so far it's not looking good for any of them, aside from Isabelle. I think she will get in. But all the others I want are either AT or not likely to get in as playable.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Are you planning on playing every single new character or just a few characters at a time like most people

Just curious
I'm probably gonna end up defaulting to Random again like I used to do because I wanna play everyone (though, i really wanna main Inkling / secondary Sheik, so we'll see)
The only new character right now I'd want to play is KKR. If we end up getting a decent amount of unique newcomers, I'd want to pick up several of them at once, like I did with Sm4sh.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think we need to realize that all references don't mean the character is GOING to be in Smash

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
What would ya'll think about certain playable characters being bosses in Spirits mode?

It was kind of a theory I had. Like you know how everybody got together at the end of Subspace?

What if some of the villains are being possessed by the Big Bad and you need to beat them up to free them. It would be a neat way they could surprise people for character reveals. Imagine Skull Kid having something like that or Deathborn or Porky, it would be super cool.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Assuming the new blurred out mode is something like Subspace what characters do you guys want to see team up?

Bowser
Bowser Jr.
Ganondorf
King K. Rool
Ridley
Dark Samus
Wolf
Mewtwo
Meta Knight(Temporarily)
Octoling(Temporarily if they get in as a Inkling echo)
These characters would probably make up the villain group.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Alright lads it's about time for another forum game.
List bosses you want for Spirits mode (assuming that's where you fight Dracula and Rathalos)

In my mind, bosses may be exclusive to certain characters for their own series or they're just randomized for funsies. Let's get this started.
King Bob-Omb

This dude's probably one of the most iconic Mario bosses period. He's a durable boi and has numerous of one of the strongest items in the game at his disposal. I think he'd be very powerful. Maybe there's a gimmick where you have to learn how to grab items by airdodging to throw bombs back at him to make him vulnerable, and I think that'd be a very useful fight to teach players some of the more advanced techniques that have been around since Melee.

Metal Face
View attachment 157380
He's already a boss on Gaur Plains. I think he's such a big character in the game before the spoilerfest begins that he could get an upgrade to something more advanced. The stage for Rathalos and Gaur Plains have similar textures as I've seen it, so it could be an easy build for the stage itself. I'd rather have Sword Valley, but if it's easier and faster, then that'll probably take priority.
I could list more but I don't my head for making stupid long posts.
117.png

ULTRA NECROZMA
z23qggpn-720.jpg

DJ OCTAVIO

These bosses would be awesome to fight, Ultra Necrozma is the toughest Pokemon battle in recent history, and DJ Octavio is just cool.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
List bosses you want for Spirits mode (assuming that's where you fight Dracula and Rathalos)

In my mind, bosses may be exclusive to certain characters for their own series or they're just randomized for funsies. Let's get this started.
King Bob-Omb

This dude's probably one of the most iconic Mario bosses period. He's a durable boi and has numerous of one of the strongest items in the game at his disposal. I think he'd be very powerful. Maybe there's a gimmick where you have to learn how to grab items by airdodging to throw bombs back at him to make him vulnerable, and I think that'd be a very useful fight to teach players some of the more advanced techniques that have been around since Melee.

Metal Face
View attachment 157380
He's already a boss on Gaur Plains. I think he's such a big character in the game before the spoilerfest begins that he could get an upgrade to something more advanced. The stage for Rathalos and Gaur Plains have similar textures as I've seen it, so it could be an easy build for the stage itself. I'd rather have Sword Valley, but if it's easier and faster, then that'll probably take priority.
I'd want either Medeus or Duma. Medeus would be giving Archanea more love (which it really doesn't get in comparison to Awakening or even the Tellius games), and is the first of the "evil dragon final bosses" for Fire Emblem. Meanwhile Duma may be weird considering we don't have Alm or Celica (...yet, at least), but come on. Duma would be great.
image.png

Who wouldn't want a giant decaying war god?

D

Deleted member

Sometimes a reference is just that, a reference. I really think this "they're hinting at X" mentality is gonna crash down hard. It seems there's no end to the Smash fanbase's constant cycle of self-made disappointment because no one seems to learn from past mistakes.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Sometimes a reference is just that, a reference. I really think this "they're hinting at X" mentality is gonna crash down hard. It seems there's no end to the Smash fanbase's constant cycle of self-made disappointment because no one seems to learn from past mistakes.
The thing is, most people can still be hopeful in spite of potential disappointment. Living in fear of disappointment isn't really living at all.

D

Deleted member

They haven't confirmed Arceus as a Pokeball Pokemon yet, right? If any Pokemon deserves to be made into a full boss, it's God itself amd it would be wild if it retained Judgement from its Pokeball appearence, love that spike.

FantasticMr.StarPit

Smash Journeyman
My most wanted "Spirits" boss in the whole game....

cyberdemonmodel.png
Cyberdemon- If Doom gets a few representations, like a stage, a few items and the Doomguy himself, it wouldn't feel complete without his big arch enemy into the fray. He fits perfectly as a boss. Has tons of range in terms of his attacks, such as missiles around his back, and his arm cannon which hopefully would deal a lot of damage. He'll be a fun boss for sure. I mean just look at his face, he looks creepy as hell. I loved the fight between him in DOOM 2016; hopefully his encounter would be something like in Doom 2016.

Last edited:

**Gilgamesh**

Smash Ace
I just posted that because people are going crazy over Isaac/ Skull Kid theories/ speculation when something much more obvious to people who been around the block. This speculation I posted is certainly more valid ...... KeK (This is not sarcasm)

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

King Bob-Omb

Metal Face
View attachment 157380
Kraid

Someone needs to step in for Ridley, and who better than someone even BIGGER!

Also...

Rayquaza returns, but meaner...

D

Deleted member

The thing is, most people can still be hopeful in spite of potential disappointment. Living in fear of disappointment isn't really living at all.
There's a difference between "I hope this character is in" and "this character will be in because of a chair in the background"

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
If SSBU were released tomorrow with everything and only everything, would you be happy?
Abso-****in'-lutely. This game has already shown me basically everything I need to see and more, anything further would just be icing.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I was thinking, Castlevania and Metroid got multiple characters and with Echos being a thing, a lot of other series could very well get multiple new ones.

Here's the ones I think could plausibly get the treatment

Mario: Daisy, Geno, Metal Mario
Donkey Kong: K. Rool, Dixie
Zelda: Hilda, Impa, Skull Kid
Pokemon: Gen 7 (Incenaroar?), Gardevoir, Gothitelle (Thanks possibly lucky Anon)
Earthbound: Ninten, Gygias

Fire Emblem: Chrom, Take your pick
Kid Icarus: Medusa, Viridi (Share Palutena's old customs between ya)

Sonic: Metal Sonic, Shadow
Streer Fighter: Ken, Akuma, Sakura, Dan...

Which do you think is most likley?

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
So I have a question... what if the games comes out and as it turns out... there's actually 100 playable characters not including echos...
Also Who would they be?

Enchess

Smash Lord
There's a difference between "I hope this character is in" and "this character will be in because of a chair in the background"
The majority of people talking about the chairs are saying the chairs might mean something, not 100% definitely for sure. Theres nothing wrong with the chair speculation.

FantasticMr.StarPit

Smash Journeyman
Assuming the new blurred out mode is something like Subspace what characters do you guys want to see team up?

Bowser
Bowser Jr.
Ganondorf
King K. Rool
Ridley
Dark Samus
Wolf
Mewtwo
Meta Knight(Temporarily)
Octoling(Temporarily if they get in as a Inkling echo)
These characters would probably make up the villain group.
My boy Pit, Palutena, Simon, Mega Man and Samus. The N team has finally returned. No not that Cap. N crap but the NEW and IMPROVED N Team.

Last edited:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
I was thinking, Castlevania and Metroid got multiple characters and with Echos being a thing, a lot of other series could very well get multiple new ones.

Here's the ones I think could plausibly get the treatment

Mario: Daisy, Geno, Metal Mario
Donkey Kong: K. Rool, Dixie
Zelda: Hilda, Impa, Skull Kid
Pokemon: Gen 7 (Incenaroar?), Gardevoir, Gothitelle (Thanks possibly lucky Anon)
Earthbound: Ninten, Gygias

Fire Emblem: Chrom, Take your pick
Kid Icarus: Medusa, Viridi (Share Palutena's old customs between ya)

Sonic: Metal Sonic, Shadow
Streer Fighter: Ken, Akuma, Sakura, Dan...

Which do you think is most likley?
New Pokémon, Skull Kid and Shadow I think are most likely. I think FE will only get Chrom, and Earthbound won't get anyone.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero

King Bob-Omb

Metal Face
View attachment 157380

I could list more but I don't my head for making stupid long posts.​

Vaati

210px-Vaati.png
Vaati.jpg

A two mode boss. The first part is a more traditional Smash vs. with you fighting the Minish version, when his HP is depleted enough Vaati transforms into his monsterous form, firing out tornadoes, trying to blow you off the stage, firing energy lasers and throwing balls of dark energy around himself.

Vaati is unlikely to make it as a playable character sadly as he was even passed over for Hyrule Warriors despite being the second most reoccurring villain in Zelda so this is the next best thing for him IMO.​

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So I have a question... what if the games comes out and as it turns out... there's actually 100 playable characters not including echos...
Also Who would they be?
Then there'd be a two hour direct before launch giving a quick rundown of all of the blooming characters. Sakurai stops to catch breath, even though it's edited in advance.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Also Who would they be?
Shadow, Geno, Isabelle, Skull Kid, and Dixie Kong

Enchess

Smash Lord
I'd love Earth Mimicry (S&P) to be a boss actually. Fought in a similar way to in S&P with hitting it's projectiles back without allowing too many to hit ground.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
The majority of people talking about the chairs are saying the chairs might mean something, not 100% definitely for sure. Theres nothing wrong with the chair speculation.
Yeah I think the chair thing is stretching quite a bit

Iridium

Smash Hero

I want to see these bosses. Seriously. Imagine being flung around across some water-based stage as Cloud or Ryu by Morpha, or dying in a single hit by being crushed by the hands of Bongo Bongo.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I mained Dan back when I played my fair share of Street Fighter.
Too bad he's just a Ryu alt now.
Maining Dan? Isn't that like saying "I go mountain biking on a unicycle"? or "I main Melee Pichu?"

Pakky

Smash Hero
If SSBU were released tomorrow with everything and only everything, would you be happy?
I'm missing one in terms of characters though the BIG and supposedly IRRELEVANT OWN BY RARE (Geez guys its been like 20 year and people kept thinking that?) hurdles have been crossed so getting BWD shouldn't be hard but I need some insurance that Nintendo has their Online together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom