• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
To be honest, I wanna see the old teams return with possibly new members depending on the 4/Ultimate cast:

Team 1- :ultmario::ultpit::ultkirby::ultlink::ultyoshi:

Team 2- :ultlucas::ultpokemontrainer::ultmarth::ultmetaknight::ultike::ulticeclimbers:

Team 3-:ultsamus::ultpikachu::ultdk::ultdiddy::ultfalcon::ultolimar::ultrob:

Team 4- :ultmetaknight::ultsnake::ultlucario::ultpeach::ultzelda::ultfox::ultfalco:

Team 5- :ultness::ultluigi::ultkingdedede:

What characters do you wanna see join these groups if SSE returns?
You forgot :ultgnw: on team 4!

EDIT: Also you put :ultmetaknight: twice, lul.

Last edited:

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
They may try to be tell themselves that but they don't know how they'll react, I was here during the Smash 4 release and there was a lot of overreactions to "missing" things that weren't even promised. There isn't any benefit from expecting more without any evidence and speculation has plenty to work with without the need to rely on straw-grasping theories.
If you think you are helping people somehow, then be my guest.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
To be honest, I wanna see the old teams return with possibly new members depending on the 4/Ultimate cast:

Team 1- :ultmario::ultpit::ultkirby::ultlink::ultyoshi:

Team 2- :ultlucas::ultpokemontrainer::ultmarth::ultmetaknight::ultike::ulticeclimbers:

Team 3-:ultsamus::ultpikachu::ultdk::ultdiddy::ultfalcon::ultolimar::ultrob:

Team 4- :ultmetaknight::ultsnake::ultlucario::ultpeach::ultzelda::ultfox::ultfalco:

Team 5- :ultness::ultluigi::ultkingdedede:

What characters do you wanna see join these groups if SSE returns?
I’d rather see Pit in a team consisting of heroes who haven’t fallen to or barely survived a fight against the opposing team (:ultkirby::ultdk::ultdiddy::ultzss::ultmarth::ultduckhunt:...maybe :ultsonic::ultsnake:)
I need to see Dark Pit, Meta Knight, and Shadow all work together.
Ow the Edge...plus :ultdarkpit::ultmetaknight: of course

Pseudo-Palutena could work as a boss, maybe, in addition to Hades. Very hideous, though.

Edit: https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net...est/scale-to-width-down/300?cb=20160519015242.

I couldn't spare you.
Palutena sleeps throughout a majority of the story mode since Pseudo-Palutena only existed while she was asleep...Viridi comes to save Pit
I'm just saying.

There's a reason why you guys get shocked so easily by Sakurai.

You writte off possibilities based on the past, instead of thinking of the possibilities of the present.

It's why things like Ridley shocked you or even going back to last game? Bayonetta.

That possibilty of Bayonetta was always there. She was an IP Nintendo had taken interest in. One they wanted to push the future of. ****. Even one that Sakurai had complimented himself. She was a type of character Sakurai hadn't featured yet.

And everyone wrote her off because of prior comments about guns or the fact she wasn't iconic or whatever.

Every possibility was shot down and then when she was the final character revealed, the few of us who tried to tell the rest of you weren't shocked in the least, while the rest of you were all ''HOW COULD THIS BE?!"

I mean maybe it comes down to not wanting to open your eyes to the possibilities because your afraid of the outcome either in a positive or negative way, but it just comes off as really close minded about speculation in my opinion.
Tbh even if I know someone jointing is highly possible I’ll still get shocked by how well done the character is...well except Cloud cause I didn’t know **** about him (Shulk and Simon were a 50/50)

D

Deleted member

Well we can allow people to entertain chair and Rathalos speculation, or we can go back to fighting about Shadow echo and whether Goku can make it every single day again. I'd rather keep going with pointlessly overanalyzing every piece of new info as if it's code.
Don't put tje Rathalos pic and the chairs on the same level. One is analyzing evidence from the game itself, the other is analyzing the background of a Direct. I also fail to see the point of entertaining something that is ultimately useless. Why bother with chair theories when it's inevitable they mean nothing?
Okay, but as someone who thought Ridley in Smash 4 was straw grasping?

And thinks that any hope of Waluigi or Ashley in Smash Ultimate is straw grasping?

I think there's a pretty big difference in the possibility of the references and theories being presented here than say...

''He has the shadow of a playable character" despite the fact he was very obviously a stage hazard from the get go.

Or the fact both Waluigi and Ashley have very clearly been shown to be assist trophies still and there's not some conspiracy fake out about to happen.
"X in the clouds" theories were more sensible than the chairs tbh

RandomAce

Smash Champion
When did that happen?
This was around the time where Nintendo usually allowed other studios to include some of their Nintendo characters in Nintendo versions of the game. Like Soul Calibur 2 with Link, and heck even Mario 3 on 3 Hoops for the DS included Final Fantasy characters (but the generic units, no Cloud, Cecil, Terra, the like).

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
If SSBU were released tomorrow with everything and only everything, would you be happy?
Would I be happy with everything so far?

Not really. I am 100% happy as a Castlevania fan... but I would still feel unsatisfied because there's still that empty void. I need the following characters to completely fill that void.
  • Toad or Captain Toad (with Toadette as alternate character or Echo Fighter)
  • Meowth (with or without Alolan Meowth as alternate character or Echo Fighter) or Team Rocket (Meowth & Arbok/Weezing team or Meowth & Wobbuffet team)
  • Dixie Kong (solo or teamed with Kiddy Kong)
  • Banjo-Kazooie (now my most-wanted third-party character after I finally got my Captain N reunion)
I already got all my most-wanted characters from 1980 to 2006 in Smash except for these four. Anyone else are just nice extras and I appreciate them but they just cannot fill in the void.

Notice that I am not fighting so hard for Banjo-Kazooie and Dixie Kong. It's because I feel they have enough fans supporting them so I can focus on supporting Meowth and Toad, especially Meowth.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Cloud was also always a possibility and even I was shocked by him, but there were some. A very select few who understood it was ****ing nuts of speculation to put him into the likes with Goku and Shrek.

Cloud is the perfect example of ''Just because something is unlikely" doesn't negate the possibility of it ever being real. ****. Ridley as well kind of shows this.

Last edited:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
No I mean... like there's 33 fighters that you'd have to add in to the main roster and you listed 5, It's not that Isabelle is bad it's just that you only listed 5 characters.
Oh right. Well then,

1. Skull Kid
2. Isabelle (with Digby or the female cat as an alt costume)
3. Shadow or Tails
4. Impa
5. Geno
6. Waddle Dee
7. Feline (or another Monster Hunter rep)
8. Inceniroar or Gardevoir
9. Shantae
10. Medusa, Hades or Viridi
11. Gothetelle (echo)
12. Metal Mario
13. Dr Luigi
14. Heihachi
15. Lloyd Irving
16. Dixie Kong
17. Zelgius
18. Toad (Toadette as alt)
19. Meteos
20. Megaman X
21. Hero (Dragon Quest 3)
22. Yumi (Senran Kagura)
23. Galacta Knight
24. Ken
25. Ms Pac Man
26. Yuri Lowell
27. Birdo
28. Hilda (echo)
29. Octolings (echo)
30. Jeanne
31. Kat and/or Ana (choose between the two when you change costumes)
32. Mii Fighter wizard (whatever it's called)
33. Louie

Last edited:

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
Cloud was also always a possibility and even I was shocked by him, but there were some. A very select few who understood it was ****ing nuts of speculation to put him into the likes with Goku and Shrek.

Cloud is the perfect example of ''Just because something is unlikely" doesn't negate the possibility of it ever being real. ****. Ridley as well kind of shows this.
If Master Chief showed up, I still could not be entirely surprised anymore. Not in the same way. Not after Cloud, Ryu, or Bayonetta.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Don't put tje Rathalos pic and the chairs on the same level. One is analyzing evidence from the game itself, the other is analyzing the background of a Direct. I also fail to see the point of entertaining something that is ultimately useless. Why bother with chair theories when it's inevitable they mean nothing?

"X in the clouds" theories were more sensible than the chairs tbh
It's not inevitable it means nothing though. That's you writing it off for no seeming reason. If you can look at the Rathalos image and see a hint how can you not with the potential of the chairs/pillows/statue/book?

If you believe in the barrel and rope ladder as I do? Since they're both elements of the origin of Donkey Kong and then you reveal Donkey Kong's villain the next time you show your face?

Then maybe there is something to the rooms you're in. It doesn't mean it's 100 percent possible, but it's certainly a possibility worth entertaining.

The clouds were straw grasping at it's finest though. People were seeing things that weren't even there and people multiple times disproved that.

Autobot N

Smash Apprentice
Team 6 - :ultcorrin::ultbayonetta::ultlucina::ultrobin:ultshulk::ultchrom: :ultsimon: :ultrichter: :ultelma:
Team 7 - :ultdaisy::ultduckhunt::ultinkling::ultvillager::ultmegaman::ultwaddledee:
Team 8 - :ultwiifittrainer::ultdarkpit::ultgreninja::ultdoc::ultpichu::ultmewtwo::ultbowserjr::ultroy::ultchoruskids:
Team 9 - :ultryu::ultcloud::ultlittlemac::ultmiifighters::ultpacman::ultrosalina::ultpalutena:(+ Isaac?)
Team 10 - :ultridley::ultkrool: :ultdarksamus::ultwolf:
Team 11 - :ulttoonlink::ultyounglink::ultsonic::ultjigglypuff::ultzss::ultsheik:

Hope I’m not forgetting anybody, and Elma, (Bandana) Waddle Dee and Chorus Kids are hypothetical

Edit - **** I forgot Palutena

Also that Wolf, Sonic, Jiggs and TL didn’t have teams per se, and also now that ZSS and Sheik are separate from their counterparts now
I can't think of many teams that I want to see, but I do have a few:
Team 1: :ulttoonlink::ultkingdedede::ultdoc::ultzelda::ultlucina: These are my five favorite characters, and it'd be awesome to see them team up.
Team 2::ultluigi::ultpokemontrainer::ultsnake::ultfalcon::ultwiifittrainer: 6-10 on my favorites list; I'd like to see them team up as well.
Team 3: :ultmario::ultinkling::ultpikachu::ultsamus::ultsonic::ultmegaman::ultcloud::ultdk: I think it'd be cool to see the Inkling team up with all of the gaming legends as a welcome to Smash.
Team 4: :ultbowser::ultganondorf::ultmewtwo::ultwario::ultpichu::ultwolf::ultbowserjr::ultdarkpit::ultridley::ultdarksamus: :ultkrool: All of the villains of the game, with Pichu as their supreme overlord.

Enchess

Smash Lord
Fun? Boredom? Socializing?

I don't believe chairs yet, but do believe Rathalos hint. I think the chairs are at least interesting and more fun to talk about than the conversations here before the direct. Maybe Nintendo just has fun furniture (my opinion), or maybe Sakurai is having a little fun with us. It doesn't hurt to entertain the possibility. And again, better than the 1000th conversation about whether echo is disrespectful to Shadow.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
So I have a question... what if the games comes out and as it turns out... there's actually 100 playable characters not including echos...
Also Who would they be?
Hypothetically, and not necessarily in that order...

68 Mona
69 Captain Syrup
70 Geno
71 Isaac
72 Dixie Kong
73 Rayman
74 Shantae
75 Banjo-Kazooie
76 Isabelle
77 B. Waddle Dee
78 Crash Bandicoot
79 Medusa
80 Viridi
81 Hades
82 Cranky Kong
83 Tails
84 Heihachi
85 Prof. Layton
86 Andy
87 Ray Mk. III
88 Saki
89 Jimmy T.
90-92 Rowlet, Torracat & Primarina
93 Lip
94 Miyu
95 Goemon
96 Elma
97 Master Higgins
98 Morrigan
99 Mach Rider
100 An F-Zero character that probably wouldn't be an Echo

Honestly this is probably the best game the Rabbids will ever get.

There was also a snowboarding game with those three in it.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
It could be a thing. It could also possibly not be a thing.
That about sums up this conversation.

There's no harm in thinking either way.

I like to think the chairs are a thing, because it's more fun to me to think that way.
Do what you think is fun. If you resort to slamming others, you're probably doing it wrong.

Last edited:

Irarius

Smash Journeyman
you know whats funny, still more time from nowto the release then from e3 to now and we got 8 newcomers already,
so lets say we get an equal amount of that or a small bit more until then, and with all the rumored characters it would look like

geno
isaac
banjo
shadow
isabelle
skullkid

would join smash still
i guess those are save picks are they?

so who else would make sense to me would be
zack fair propably if we go for more echoes like richter
and medusa if we go for a female and a villain

adding hades as a boss in the *story* mode

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Also why would Sakurai even care to watch our speculation?

Which he has confirmed with ''You might have seen this coming." about Dark Samus and Chrom.

Why would he honestly care to watch our speculating? Our reactions to reveals? Sure.

But our speculation? He's got better things to do than that.

Unless he's actually playing with us this time and wants to see who is paying attention.

Again it's not 100 percent, but....

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
I can definitely understand how you feel.
In the pre-Smash4 days I wanted : Dixie/K.Rool(the most), Villager/Tom Nook, Ghirahim, Toad, Micaiah (Fire Emblem), Travis Touchdown. Most characters I wanted were ignored, not even appeared as AT. Only got Villager, the exact first one.
It sucks.I don't care about Pac-man, Bayo, Ryu, Duck Hunt, hated Bowser Jr... it felt like one horrible roster to me.

In comparison, I liked Ridley inclusion. Inkling seems funny. Simon it's cool. And now K.Rool.
So maybe there will come a time where the ones you care finally happens.
I hope you're right. Of course, all I want is Isabelle to be playable (even if she's an echo) I don't need any of the others. Just her.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
I don't think Sakurai watched our speculation when he said "You might have seen this coming". Right after that, he said they were popularly requested characters. To him, we saw them coming because we wanted them in.

To me, all these hints feel like Ridley in the clouds or Bowser Jr shaped rock. I don't buy the chair theory or "red eyes".

Shroob

Sup?
Also why would Sakurai even care to watch our speculation?

Which he has confirmed with ''You might have seen this coming." about Dark Samus and Chrom.

Why would he honestly care to watch our speculating? Our reactions to reveals? Sure.

But our speculation? He's got better things to do than that.

Unless he's actually playing with us this time and wants to see who is paying attention.

Again it's not 100 percent, but....
This is the ULTIMATE Smash. He loves our reaction.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
I don't think Sakurai watched our speculation when he said "You might have seen this coming". Right after that, he said they were popularly requested characters. To him, we saw them coming because we wanted them in.

To me, all these hints feel like Ridley in the clouds or Bowser Jr shaped rock. I don't buy the chair theory or "red eyes".
Yeah I agree. The only thing I think that was intentional was the barrel and ladder in the E3 direct. Everything else is just coincidence

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Just because we want something doesn't mean we see it coming.

Considering a large chunk of people didn't see Ridley coming without leaks shows as much.

Enchess

Smash Lord
you know whats funny, still more time from nowto the release then from e3 to now and we got 8 newcomers already,
so lets say we get an equal amount of that or a small bit more until then, and with all the rumored characters it would look like

geno
isaac
banjo
shadow
isabelle
skullkid

would join smash still
i guess those are save picks are they?

so who else would make sense to me would be
zack fair propably if we go for more echoes like richter
and medusa if we go for a female and a villain

adding hades as a boss in the *story* mode
I'm gonna lock in my predictions as:
Isaac
Rhythm Heaven Rep
Banjo
Fatal Frame rep

If I need to bring it up to 8:
Geno
Isabelle
Saki
Elma

Isaac, Elma, RH rep, and Saki were in my post-E3 predictions list (I think Isabelle too, but too lazy to double check). I've upgraded likelihood of Isaac (I'm thinking 33% chance), downgraded likelihood of Elma. Saki I still think is planned but likely to he cut for time. As such, I don't expect his AT to be revealed until the last direct if he's not playable.

Geno gets consideration because of obvious listening to fans. Otherwise I'd say no to him. Banjo gets a boost for similar reasons + Phil Spencer making it clear rights would be obtainable.

I don't believe we're getting Heihachi or Pokemon. Tired of explaining on this, so won't again.

Fatal Frame rep is definitely odd one out. People should keep in mind I don't consider a single one of my predictions to have more than a coinflip chance. I put her at 10% chance right now. That's actually below odds I consider Geno and Isabelle at, but as with my post-E3 predictions I'm significantly reducing placement on my predictions for characters I consider likely to be low priority (relevance for Geno, uniqueness for Isabelle since I see her as a Luigi-style clone of Villager). I do think a Fatal Frame reps odds have (relatively) skyrocketed after the direct

Last edited:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
"oohf" I wasn't hoping you'd say that, but let's hope that doesn't ruin the Goddess of Nature's chances. Pittoo needs some backup; even if he wants to be alone.
They could still make Reset Bomb Forest work without Viridi. Other characters could throw the bombs (or however they did it)

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Just because we want something doesn't mean we see it coming.

Considering a large chunk of people didn't see Ridley coming without leaks shows as much.
Yeah, I had forgotten that K. Rool was in my Top 10 list by the time the Direct aired.

So bring it on Sakurai! I'm ready for whatever random characters you'll toss out of your sleeve next! :colorful:

I prefer the Rathalos personally.
The Monster Hunter isn't a cool dragon boss.
It a joke.
Ah, ok then.

FantasticMr.StarPit

Smash Journeyman
They could still make Reset Bomb Forest work without Viridi. Other characters could throw the bombs (or however they did it)
Possibly Arlon, that'll work I suppose.
Wait, maybe the Reset Bomb could fallen and detonated by Viridi's goons. Maybe.

Last edited:

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
Any interesting leak developments in the last few days? I saw PixelPar saying he got a leak but didn't want to share because he loves the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom