• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChocolatGelgato

Smash Journeyman
it's clear they are going to anounce a new mario, stronger, better, faster than the original. For many years the mario series has had sequels, but now they realised the true way to being the series forward, give the Main character a sequel. I predict he'll be a cyborg with rocket powered legs and a cannon to always shoot fireballs even without a fire flower.

But in all honestly, assuming it's real, it's either doc, a testing thing or some weird echo like the mario 64 mario. I can't imagine it's a mario bros 2 character or paper mario (I think he would have his own name rather than mario2). Mario 64 mario would be the ultimate meme echo and I would honestly love it. Maybe they should even get the license to some of Scatman John's music to really complete the package

EDIT: It's probably not doc nvm

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
You're going to love this, trust me. What you're seeing now is a normal thread. *1000 posts* This is a long thread. *1000 posts* This is a thread that has ascended past a long thread. Or, you can just call this a long thread two. AND THIS...IS TO GO EVEN FURTHER BEYOND. AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH *1000 more posts*
Goku confirmed to be a sticker in Smash Ultimate
QUESTION

Do you think that this game will have secret characters in it? Who do you think they'll be?
Well Sakurai said he was gonna reveal everyone before the game is out, so probably not
Well, Captain Toad's out
I’m still gonna hold some hope for him until he’s seen doing something physical outside of fighting or assisting...but it does seem like his chances are getting lower every day
I believe we only have 1 more Smash focused direct heading our way. End September, early October seems reasonable.

What I'm really curious about is how they will finish with a bang for the character announcements. Sakurai stated we will get to know all characters before release, and so far we've gotten really great ones. Third party, check. Fan favourite, check. What's left to end with a bang?

I'm guessing a gaming icon. Rayman could be. Or Crash. I would be happy with either.
I think Simon was supposed to be the gaming icon/3rd Party character for Ultimate and not just the latter)
Or it could just be there's a second Mario rep after Daisy.
Pink Gold Peach and Baby Mario + Baby Luigi
I just hope the unlock order of characters ends up being completely random so that when we're grinding out 60+ characters, there's still surprise involved.
I wouldn’t. Risks me being farther away from gaining the boy Pit

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Well, that was a short-lived 3000th page.

Now that a Smash Direct has passed, I wonder how long it'll be before we get a normal Nintendo Direct.

D

Deleted member

it's clear they are going to anounce a new mario, stronger, better, faster than the original. For many years the mario series has had sequels, but now they realised the true way to being the series forward, give the Main character a sequel. I predict he'll be a cyborg with rocket powered legs and a cannon to always shoot fireballs even without a fire flower.
Rocket powered legs?

super-mario-bros-movie-005-470x310@2x.jpg

There is hope for Movie Mario!

Untouch

Smash Master
Part of me hopes that there isn't going to be character DLC. Stage DLC would be cool though, and maybe a story expansion pack.

Iridium

Smash Hero
I just want to see those new Final Smashes. Lucario especially. Richter's could be Grand Cross or Hydro Storm.

Iridium

Smash Hero
I have a theory that in December, the remaining newcomers will be revealed before the game launches.
When in December? The day before, because that would get people to definitely flood stores the next day. He probably wouldn't do that, though.

Last edited:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
I have a theory that in December, the remaining newcomers will be revealed before the game launches.
I think a December Direct would be too late though, since it's so close to the release of the game. I could see the last one being in early to mid November, but not December.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Well, that was a short-lived 3000th page.

Now that a Smash Direct has passed, I wonder how long it'll be before we get a normal Nintendo Direct.
I'll give it two months, honestly. Those September leaks are not getting to me.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427

But in all honestly, assuming it's real, it's either doc, a testing thing or some weird echo like the mario 64 mario. I can't imagine it's a mario bros 2 character or paper mario (I think he would have his own name rather than mario2). Mario 64 mario would be the ultimate meme echo and I would honestly love it. Maybe they should even get the license to some of Scatman John's music to really complete the package

EDIT: It's probably not doc nvm
I could see the Mario 64 being an alternate costume (similar to what Alph is to Olimar)

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
I think a December Direct would be too late though, since it's so close to the release of the game. I could see the last one being in early to mid November, but not December.
I'm saying that they'll drop their reveal trailers, without the aid of a direct, sometime before the game launches.

Last edited:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
I'm saying that they'll drop their reveal trailers, without the aid of a direct, the day before the game launches.
But they would need to give time for the people who can't watch the reveal trailers on that day because of work or school or whatever. Not everyone can watch these directs the day they come out, so making one the day before would be an inconvenience to people busy with life

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
But they would need to give time for the people who can't watch the reveal trailers on that day because of work or school or whatever. Not everyone can watch these directs the day they come out, so making one the day before would be an inconvenience to people busy with life
I'm guessing that they'll drop the trailers on December 1st.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I don't think Lara's chances are great regardless, but it means nothing because of this guy: :ultcloud:
I don't think she's on Sakurai's radar
In any case, not hitting the Switch can make her have less of an impact for interested audiences, in the event of a next Smash game.

That's possible. It could at least build up a little bit of hype before release
That would be the wisest course of action, yes.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

Made a new video about my take on the leak that guessed Richter, K Rool, Dark Samus, Gardevoir, Gothitelle, and "Mario2" if anyone wants to check it out.

I think this leak is being underrated and deserves more attention cause I really believe it has some solid credibility going for it with what its gotten right and how its survived the direct despite having a very real chance of being deconfirmed.
Interesting

Was well before the august direct and is the only one to survive the massacure

Well looking into

Could mario2 be geno perhaps? But I suppose paper Mario could be a thing

But could be a chance that a few of these characters will be cut from latter development though

But really I think skull kid, shadow, and Isabelle are looking really good

By the way people arguement against skull kid is the moon would fit for the final smash and it's gone i calls it a bad arguement because there are other options

dezeray112

Smash Hero

Made a new video about my take on the leak that guessed Richter, K Rool, Dark Samus, Gardevoir, Gothitelle, and "Mario2" if anyone wants to check it out.

I think this leak is being underrated and deserves more attention cause I really believe it has some solid credibility going for it with what its gotten right and how its survived the direct despite having a very real chance of being deconfirmed.
Hmm...so is this the one who stated that he datamined that demo? It's very hard to judge the legitimacy of this but it is interesting to see that this one somehow was able to predict Richter, K. Rool, Dark Samus correctly taking note the date the leak was posted.

Although its like you said Gardevoir/Gothitelle would be very questionable choices indeed and if either of them were to be unveiled as a Pokeball item, that would debunk the leak. Even though I am somewhat sceptical about the leak, I guess we will find the answer to that as the months progress.

Last edited:

Green_Pikmin*

Smash Journeyman
Aren't all character slots when datamined called Mario anyways? I vaguely recall something like that from when Roy and Ryu leaked.

If that really really really fake leak somehow were true? It could just be something of that nature.

Or it could just be there's a second Mario rep after Daisy.
Someone pointed out that there were two Mushroom icons in the music selection for the mario series, maybe Mario2 refers to a mario character from a spinoff series since thats what the extra icon is used for (Mario Kart, Party, RPG etc.) I'll say its Geno. (Not only that but Bowsers trailer on the website has his theme from both Mario Bros. 3 and SMRPG).

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'm of the mind that like how Bayonetta started off as Zero suit Samus, Geno will start with Mario as a base if he's in.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I used to be on the Monster Hunter character train, but Sakurai has NEVER shown a series having an assist trophy or stage before giving said series a character.
Kinda late on this, but to play Devil's Advocate, that's exactly what happened with Little Mac, as the Boxing Ring was shown off before he was.

Granted it was not originally branded as a Punch-Out!! stage. Either way though I don't think Monster Hunter is getting a character now.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Imma still think Jeanne would make a great echo or alt for Bayonetta, same with Shadow and Viridi as echoes/semi clones of Sonic and Palutena
I don't think Lara's chances are great regardless, but it means nothing because of this guy: :ultcloud:
But I want Lara not Cloud

T-Hell

Smash Lord
I just hope the unlock order of characters ends up being completely random so that when we're grinding out 60+ characters, there's still surprise involved.
Agreed, I also hope you still have to beat them in battle in order to unlock them. And pleaseee keep the shadow and the alarm thing, so epic and classic.

Also, since Sakurai indeed confirmed he will be revealing every character before launch, we're obviously getting more Directs in the coming months, either that or standalone trailers like Robin's. It also depends on how many new characters are left and how many is he planning to show in a single trailer/Direct, so this could really go any way.
My bet is at least one more Smash Direct, since he has to unveil and talk about that secret mode and confirm the other ones, and at least an standalone trailer.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero

This is such a good reference. I applaud you again, Sakurai-san. This really does resemble something else.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
In regard to that Rathalos tweet, what's interesting about it is the re-creation of a battle viewpoint often seen in Camelot RPGs, particularly in light of that being the AT picture for Rathalos next to all the other listed AT (with that picture reminding me of the Doom Dragon battle from Golden Sun). Seems like a pretty cute and interesting picture regardless.

Last edited:

Green_Pikmin*

Smash Journeyman
I was thinking the same,
I'm of the mind that like how Bayonetta started off as Zero suit Samus, Geno will start with Mario as a base if he's in.
I was thinking the same, I see they are around the same height and I dont really see Paper Mario using his base really. (Imagine him using Game & Watch as a base :joyful:)

SuperSmashStephen

Smash Ace
In another edition of, “Someone Please Make A Roster For Me Because I Have No Computer.”

Will someone please make a roster for me? It’s my final one before lunch because I feel like I have the remaining characters figured out.

Just message me if you can. I have it listed out already, and in order.

Thanks.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I would like for the characters to be unlocked either in order or based on who you played as

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500

This is such a good reference. I applaud you again, Sakurai-san. This really does resemble something else.
Of all the crazy furniture and Illuminati talk, this feels like the only true hint at something, especially because Sakurai retweeted it.

Personally speaking I wouldn't mind Isaac, I've yet to play the games (I also heard mixed things about it, like being a little generic etc etc), but his fans did struggled a lot in these years, so I would be happy for them.

Green_Pikmin*

Smash Journeyman

Oh wow I found you on youtube the other day, didnt know you were on the forums. Great way to dissect the new leak going around they are almost completely on par with my stance on the leak myself. At this point only time will tell, September having a direct with online next month can really dictate whether what we all have been hearing is correct information if we get a reveal. ALSO I heard loz18 changed his stance and said he does not think the pokemon is from Gen 7 anymore. Lastly with a "few" newcomers left not counting echoes, my bet would be seeing Gardevoir, Skull Kid amd Geno to end off the roster bias aside.

Enchess

Smash Lord

I feel like this is stronger evidence than the red eyes tweet. Then we have the DK in Karate Joe pose thing and how similar of a hint the two are. Then I look back at my looked down predictions from after E3 and see both Isaac and RH rep made my list of 4 unique I called as in and realize I would probably latch onto those even if they weren't great evidence.

Overall - Plausible, but trying to temper expectations. I really appreciate this if it is meant to be a reference.
Holy Likes Batman, why did I have 34 notifications when I woke up. Yeah, I definitely underestimated Isaac's popularity despite being an Isaac fan.

Pakky

Smash Hero

Gardevoir/ Gothitelle are odd, as echo and character and for reps of their gen.

-okay, body type iffy Gardevoir has long legs and a dress, Gothitelle is tall and cylindrical but has stubby legs underneath.

- Gardevoir has a mega evolution, Gothitelle does not.

-Typing one is psychic and fairy the other is not, this doesn't mean a whole lot but its interesting because if they had a similar movepool overlap would make sense but this is touch-and-go.

- Stats, no overlap.

- Height, 4'11 Gothitelle vs 5'03 Gardevoir NOT a BIG difference honestly but interesting.

- Weight 103 vs 97 pounds, not a big difference.

- Abilities, no overlap

- Design and origin

Gardevoir
(Thanks Bulbapedia)

Origin
Gardevoir resembles a principal dancer. Its exaggerated head with minimal facial expression and an overall frail, featureless physique could also be attributed to anesama ningyou, a style of traditional Japanese paper doll. Its protective nature over its Trainer may suggest that it is based on a guardian angel, though its ghost-like characteristics could also suggest that it is based on ghosts that refuse to leave the physical world.

Name origin
Gardevoir may be a combination of garde (French for guard) and devoir (French for duty). It may also be a combination of garder (French verb for to keep) and voir(French verb for to see), reflected in its Pokédex data, which explains how Gardevoir will protect its Trainer even at the cost of its own life and that Gardevoir has the ability to see into the future.

Sirnight may be taken to mean さあ、ナイト saa, naito ("come, knight") or Sir Knight.

Gothitelle

Origin
Gothitelle appears to be based on a stylized depiction of a young woman wearing Gothic lolita-style clothing. It may also be based on the philosophical concept of the astral body. Its ability to predict the future using stars may allude to fortune tellers or Romani people.

Name origin
Gothitelle may be a combination of gothic and mademoiselle (French for the title of miss), tell, or stelle (Italian for stars, both stelle and tell referring to its ability to foretell the future through the movement of the stars) and may be derived from göksel (Turkish for celestial).

Gothiruselle may be a combination of gothic and mademoiselle (French for the title of miss).
Slight French overlap but that's not a whole lot.

Yeah, I mean in other media they're not really around a whole lot like there's Pokken but eh?

Anime wise they both appear, not a lot but they appear.

As reps for the gen in accordance of who would be fan favorites, Gardevoir I can believe, the other I can't.

Blazekin, Deoxys, Sceptile kinda bubble to the top with Gardevoir being like a 4th place spot.

As for Gen 5, well Zoroark, like all the way up there. Snivy, cuz of the anime, and lastly I'd say Genesect.

Gothy ain't really that known.

So I'm befuddled if this is the case.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom