• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
We're on page 3000.
Nothing's changed, but Sakurai's underwater.

And because of that, people are constantly guessing Ecco the Dolphin will be in. Not as an echo fighter, ironically.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Sakurai talks about how lunch was delicious today, he enjoy his short break, along with his spicy chicken sandwich, and pineapple juice.

OMG! BILLY HATCHER, AND BLAZIKEN FOR SMASH ALONG WITH HOENN STAGES!
Really? My first guess would've been Colonel Sanders and SpongeBob SquarePants. :p

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
The barrel is similar in color to the original arcade game and the ladder is as well.

And again? A clean Japanese office is not gonna have anything that looks out of place or dingy like that barrel does.

I mean Japan is a very neat freak culture and that barrel is really scratched up and out of place.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778

Made a new video about my take on the leak that guessed Richter, K Rool, Dark Samus, Gardevoir, Gothitelle, and "Mario2" if anyone wants to check it out.

I think this leak is being underrated and deserves more attention cause I really believe it has some solid credibility going for it with what its gotten right and how its survived the direct despite having a very real chance of being deconfirmed.

D

Deleted member

Are Threads supposed to be this long?

If i remember correctly, threads were not supposed to go over 2000.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Last days of September / beginning of October
And after that one, either another Direct in November or, better, a Smash Extravaganza.
Hopefully with an announcement on a DLC character, if there is any, like with Mewtwo in Smash 4's Extravaganza.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Considering they're adding echoes to the last minute it seems? I'd very much be surprised if they've even considered a DLC character like Mewtwo yet.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
If you say so.

That's legit ALL I'm gonna say.

But it's laughable to me people really think people just randomly hang rope ladders and decorate with dingy looking barrels in an otherwise normal looking office room. Even in Japan. A culture that really likes cleanliness.

But if you say so. It's totally normal room decor. Totally normal.

Totally.
I decided to look up "rope ladder as furniture" on Google Images, and I found a few things

So ya, using a rope ladder as a furniture is pretty eccentric but not unheard of. I don't really have much to say about the barrel though.

D

Deleted member

Are Threads supposed to be this long?

If i remember correctly, threads were not supposed to go over 2000.
You're going to love this, trust me. What you're seeing now is a normal thread. *1000 posts* This is a long thread. *1000 posts* This is a thread that has ascended past a long thread. Or, you can just call this a long thread two. AND THIS...IS TO GO EVEN FURTHER BEYOND. AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH *1000 more posts*

Zeox

Smash Champion
Hopefully with an announcement on a DLC character, if there is any, like with Mewtwo in Smash 4's Extravaganza.
What I think is that, they will leave the characters they think would cause less hype for that, so they compensate with a DLC character that will make everyone lose their minds, maybe a popular third party character.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I decided to look up "rope ladder as furniture" on Google Images, and I found a few things

So ya, using a rope ladder as a furniture is pretty eccentric but not unheard of. I don't really have much to say about the barrel though.
*Make it to page 3,000, which is a huge milestone for this thread.

*Argue whether or not rope ladders can be a normal part of modern furnishing.

3,000 pages later and we're all as crazy as ever.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
*Make it to page 3,000, which is a huge milestone for this thread.

*Argue whether or not rope ladders can be a normal part of modern furnishing.

3,000 pages later and we're all as crazy as ever.
If we're arguing about something this absolutely stupid, about whether or not the furniture must or must not have symbolized anything and if people in Japan would use it as furniture, then I'm happy because obviously this means we have nothing actually controversial worth talking about.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
3000th page. Whooh.

Made a new video about my take on the leak that guessed Richter, K Rool, Dark Samus, Gardevoir, Gothitelle, and "Mario2" if anyone wants to check it out.

I think this leak is being underrated and deserves more attention cause I really believe it has some solid credibility going for it with what its gotten right and how its survived the direct despite having a very real chance of being deconfirmed.
Gardevoir and Gothitelle to cover up the missing Gens seems bit too late IMO, but this seems interesting nonetheless. (Would have preferred Sceptile though).

Also I wonder if Mario2 corresponds to Metal Mario. Would be tad too mundane name to slap on Paper Mario honestly.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
If we're arguing about something this absolutely stupid, about whether or not the furniture must or must not have symbolized anything and if people in Japan would use it as furniture, then I'm happy because obviously this means we have nothing actually controversial worth talking about.
Until Goku is revealed that is.

Then Smashboards might literally die.

Though honestly all it might take is an echo of Bayonetta to do that.

D

Deleted member

Me, reading at all these "the furniture is hinting at newcomers!" bull**** like it's Smash 4 all over again:
7d64d543-003d-44fe-baf2-c3893c374686~2.png

Seriously guys, we're analyzing ****ing furniture? This is beyond grasping at straws. It doesn't help discussions like this don't move anything in the slightest, they're pointless even if they were somehow true.

BlueMagician

Smash Journeyman
They probably just buy stuff for reference when they make models. Video game offices are messier than normal Japanese offices, in any case.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
Do you guys think we'll get something akin to a 50-Fact-Extravaganza like Smash 4 for Ultimate? Xander Mobus going ham on the numerous facts?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Until Goku is revealed that is.

Then Smashboards might literally die.

Though honestly all it might take is an echo of Bayonetta to do that.
Goku is a Bayonetta echo.

Do you guys think we'll get something akin to a 50-Fact-Extravaganza like Smash 4 for Ultimate? Xander Mobus going ham on the numerous facts?
Maybe. Maybe not. Since it seems like giant info bombs are their method of info delivery anyway, I'm not sure they're going to do a "special" Smash Direct like that, though it also wouldn't be surprising if they did.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
So, when do you guys think the next Direct will be?

EDIT: We have reached the 3000th page.
Sepetmber. Mostly because I wouldn't want to wait another two months (and my vacation ends next sunday), the tension is so thick you could cut it with a butter knife.

We're on page 3000.
Nothing's changed, but Sakurai's underwater.

And because of that, people are constantly guessing Ecco the Dolphin will be in. Not as an echo fighter, ironically.
No one guessing Endless Ocean reps? Shame on those people. Besides, Ecco can't even fight ON LAND. :facepalm:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
If to talk against the leak though:

- Perhaps the "leaker" tried to do his own spin on Simon-leaks, and put in a character that's like him retroactively to make his leak stand out from the crowd.

- Chrom was mentioned in the leak either, even if it seems like he'd been under works the same time as Dark Samus.

- Probably least of the arguments, but I wonder would Sakurai really risk himself making "Mario2" be Metal Mario (presumably echo fighter to Mario, but just being heavier). Paper Mario's harder to discern from the leak too. However, actually the part with him being heavy might make him shed off the asterisk-mark and be regarded as his own character much like Young Link.)

EDIT: Something interesting I noted from the Youtube-comments of that video:

"This is probably a stretch, but mario2 could mean Mario Squared i.e. Mario Square character."
More evidence for Geno? Yep.

Last edited:

Shoopdawooper

Smash Apprentice
So, when do you guys think the next Direct will be?

EDIT: We have reached the 3000th page.
I believe we only have 1 more Smash focused direct heading our way. End September, early October seems reasonable.

What I'm really curious about is how they will finish with a bang for the character announcements. Sakurai stated we will get to know all characters before release, and so far we've gotten really great ones. Third party, check. Fan favourite, check. What's left to end with a bang?

I'm guessing a gaming icon. Rayman could be. Or Crash. I would be happy with either.

Zeox

Smash Champion
If to talk against the leak though:

- Perhaps the "leaker" tried to do his own spin on Simon-leaks, and put in a character that's like him retroactively to make his leak stand out from the crowd.

- Chrom was mentioned in the leak either, even if it seems like he'd been under works the same time as Dark Samus.

- Probably least of the arguments, but I wonder would Sakurai really risk himself making "Mario2" be Metal Mario (presumably echo fighter to Mario, but just being heavier). Paper Mario's harder to discern from the leak too. However, actually the part with him being heavy might make him shed off the asterisk-mark and be regarded as his own character much like Young Link.)

EDIT: Something interesting I noted from the Youtube-comments of that video:

More evidence for Geno? Yep.
Wouldn't "Mario2" be Dr Mario? after all he is the second Mario in the game...

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Aren't all character slots when datamined called Mario anyways? I vaguely recall something like that from when Roy and Ryu leaked.

If that really really really fake leak somehow were true? It could just be something of that nature.

Or it could just be there's a second Mario rep after Daisy.

MainJPW

M.T.A
Aren't all character slots when datamined called Mario anyways? I vaguely recall something like that from when Roy and Ryu leaked.

If that really really really fake leak somehow were true? It could just be something of that nature.

Or it could just be there's a second Mario rep after Daisy.
Brawl had a character slot called "MarioD"; apparently, it was a Debug version of Mario. Might be something like that.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
- Probably least of the arguments, but I wonder would Sakurai really risk himself making "Mario2" be Metal Mario (presumably echo fighter to Mario, but just being heavier).
Sometimes they just have placeholder names for things that they are developing. Mario2 doesn't necessarily mean it's another Mario. Remember Bayonetta was using Zero Suit Samus' name in the files before she was added.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
dark samus apparently isnt called samus2 so why call dr mario or paper mario mario2?

and yes "mario" was used as a placeholder in code in the past so likely its a place holder for someone. my guess is geno but admittedly biased here.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Brawl had a character slot called "MarioD"; apparently, it was a Debug version of Mario. Might be something like that.
IIRC MarioD is also how Dr. Mario is called in Smash For's code.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom