• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
QUESTION

Do you think that this game will have secret characters in it? Who do you think they'll be?
Sakurai said that they'd reveal all the characters beforehand.

That said, I have half a feeling that Metal Mario may be a secret Akuma Style character.

D

Deleted member

Now for a talk on a few new QoL additions which'd be nice to see for Smash Ultimate, notably having options to order the characters on the CSS either by their number, series, or alphabetical order.

Because, with so many of them, it's gonna be a nightmare for the more casual players to find their way.

Same for the stages.

osby

Smash Obsessed

Gardevoir/ Gothitelle are odd, as echo and character and for reps of their gen.

-okay, body type iffy Gardevoir has long legs and a dress, Gothitelle is tall and cylindrical but has stubby legs underneath.

- Gardevoir has a mega evolution, Gothitelle does not.

-Typing one is psychic and fairy the other is not, this doesn't mean a whole lot but its interesting because if they had a similar movepool overlap would make sense but this is touch-and-go.

- Stats, no overlap.

- Height, 4'11 Gothitelle vs 5'03 Gardevoir NOT a BIG different honestly but interesting.

- Weight 103 vs 97 pounds not a big difference.

- Abilities no ovelap

- Design and orgin

Gardevoir
(Thanks Bulbapedia)

Gothitelle

Slight French overlap but that's not a whole lot.

Yeah, I mean in other media they're not really around a whole like there's Pokken but eh?

Anime wise they both appear, not a lot but they appear.

As reps for the gen in accordance of who would be a fan favorites, Gardevoir I can believe, the other I can't.

Blazekin, Deoxys, Sceptile kinda bubble to the top with Gardevoir being like a 4th place spot.

As for Gen 5, well Zoroark like all the way up there. Snivy, cuz of the anime, and lastly I'd say Genesect.

Gothy ain't really that known.

So I'm befuddled if this is the case.
Good analysis. It really IS a weird leak.
(Also 'göksel' for Gothitelle is really forcing it but whatever)

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Last edited:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Of all the crazy furniture and Illuminati talk, this feels like the only true hint at something, especially because Sakurai retweeted it.

Personally speaking I wouldn't mind Isaac, I've yet to play the games (I also heard mixed things about it, like being a little generic etc etc), but his fans did struggled a lot in these years, so I would be happy for them.
Did he retweet it? I'm looking on his Twitter page and I don't see it as a retweet from him

D

Deleted member

Now for a talk on a few new QoL additions which'd be nice to see for Smash Ultimate, notably having options to order the characters on the CSS either by their number, series, or alphabetical order.

Because, with so many of them, it's gonna be a nightmare for the more casual players to find their way.

Same for the stages.
The one feature I want more than anything is a character by character language toggle like they have in some of the Capcom games. I don't think it's going to happen, but the option would be real nice.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
On the Rathalos picture, one thing I will add is that while it can be taken as a Golden Sun/RPG reference, it can also be taken as a Monster Hunter one. The area Marth, Shulk and Ike are fighting the Rathalos in is the arena, Arena Quests are very common in the series and are typically used as a way to fight monsters without having to worry about them running of. Here's a good example of one such quest:

So while it could be intended for Golden Sun, or even have a double meaning, it should also be considered that they're just throwing in a random MH reference for its fans. Particularly since the series is very popular in Japan, so Sakurai retweeting it for them would make a lot of sense.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I like how people think DK’s pose with the TV is proof that Karate Joe will make it in.

Forget that it’s a very common thing to do for lazy characters in animation, it’s definitely, absolutely a piece of evidence. /s

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Well, I'm just analyzing images now.

So, Bayo is the victim in Simon's Grand Cross. Being a witch, this makes the most sense.

Untouch

Smash Master
So, what theories do you guys have about the double Mario Mushroom in the music select screen?

I think it's mario kart related, there's a large amount of mario kart music in the game and several stages.

Iridium

Smash Hero
On the Rathalos picture, one thing I will add is that while it can be taken as a Golden Sun/RPG reference, it can also be taken as a Monster Hunter one. The area Marth, Shulk and Ike are fighting the Rathalos in is the arena, Arena Quests are very common in the series and are typically used as a way to fight monsters without having to worry about them running of. Here's a good example of one such quest:

So while it could be intended for Golden Sun, or even have a double meaning, it should also be considered that they're just throwing in a random MH reference for its fans. Particularly since the series is very popular in Japan, so Sakurai retweeting it for them would make a lot of sense.
Link was there . . .

D

Deleted member

So, what theories do you guys have about the double Mario Mushroom in the music select screen?

Mario Kart music is filed separately in Brawl and Smash 4, so it's that. They may throw some other sports music in there as well, sense we had a Mario Golf remix on Mario Circuit (Brawl) and Mario Party music on Mario Circuit U.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

Either:
- Mario (other) : Spin offs like Mario Kart / Party / RPGs
- Just Mario RPGs : Music from SMRPG, Paper Mario 1, 2, Super, and the other two :urg:, and the M&L series

Before anyone goes "IT WON'T JUST BE THE RPGS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"
yeah okay whatever lol. But also, it's just what I want it to be anyway.

Last edited:

monadoboy

Smash Lord
So far there's been rumors of two super weird choices for Echo characters, Soren and Gothitelle. Both are baffling at first, but thinking about it, I'm 100% fine with Echoes bringing in "absurd" characters like those two.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Well, I'm just analyzing images now.

So, Bayo is the victim in Simon's Grand Cross. Being a witch, this makes the most sense.
Pit hired fellow Captain N crew member Simon to deal with Bayo confirmed

Just a ton of Mario songs, one for the main series and the other for spinoffs (I’m curious about how many songs Kid Icarus, Pokémon, and Kirby will have.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
I like how people think DK’s pose with the TV is proof that Karate Joe will make it in.

Forget that it’s a very common thing to do for lazy characters in animation, it’s definitely, absolutely a piece of evidence. /s
Even the tv is exactly the same, even if it is just coincidence, can't we just have fun speculating and debating without a bunch of partycrushers ruining it thinking they're cool? This is FUN and keep us interested and talking. Jesus..

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Oh wow I found you on youtube the other day, didnt know you were on the forums. Great way to dissect the new leak going around they are almost completely on par with my stance on the leak myself. At this point only time will tell, September having a direct with online next month can really dictate whether what we all have been hearing is correct information if we get a reveal. ALSO I heard loz18 changed his stance and said he does not think the pokemon is from Gen 7 anymore. Lastly with a "few" newcomers left not counting echoes, my bet would be seeing Gardevoir, Skull Kid amd Geno to end off the roster bias aside.

Thanks! yeah ive been here since before brawl haha the youtube channel is only a little over a month old but its caught fire. do you have a source on loz18 changing his stance on a Gen7 rep that would be REALLY interesting news if true.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
So far there's been rumors of two super weird choices for Echo characters, Soren and Gothitelle. Both are baffling at first, but thinking about it, I'm 100% fine with Echoes bringing in "absurd" characters like those two.
But aren’t Echoes supposed to be highly-requested characters (minus Richter and the two veterans)?

Given the fanservicey nature of Ultimate, wasting two Echo slots for something as weird and obscure as these two is... really weird...

Enchess

Smash Lord

Eh, talking about how red your eyes are is also a common saying and wouldn't have been out of place for him to say if he had revealed someone other than Simon and K Rool.

But it wasn't, it was about them.

We don't think it absolutely was about RH, we think that it could be about RH. If RH is not in it's coincidence, if RH is in its probably a purposeful hint.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I went ahead and added the Gardevoir "leak" to Smash Wiki's rumors section.

Maybe it'll get moved to the leak section in the future but all we can do now is wait.

D

Deleted member

I'd be fine with it if it wasn't Gothitelle. Just make Emolga a Pikachu clone with Shuttle Loop or something if you must have a lazy Gen V Pokemon. Emolga's probably more popular than Gothitelle.

T-Hell

Smash Lord

Maybe all the music from Mario can't fit in one folder.. Or maybe it's a placeholder for a new franchise.. who knows right?

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Eh, talking about how red your eyes are is also a common saying and wouldn't have been out of place for him to say if he had revealed someone other than Simon and K Rool.

But it wasn't, it was about them.

We don't think it absolutely was about RH, we think that it could be about RH. If RH is not in it's coincidence, if RH is in its probably a purposeful hint.
I still don’t think it was a definite hint. As you said, “red eyes” is a common statement so it could still be a coincidence. Did Sakurai come out and say “yeah, it was totes a hint, didja catch the next one?”

People are trying to ascribe Ed Boon’s habits to Sakurai - he trolls a bit, but every one of Sakurai’s trolls has been resolved immediately afterwards. “ZSS is cut! Lol no she’s not!” The Dedede fakeout.

Maybe it’s just that I don’t like ‘hints’ like this since it can give false hope for characters you may want. I remember for Injustice Ed Boon made thses hints towards a load of characters, and then only put a few in...so people who wanted the others were just disappointed.

RetroMetalSonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
retrog97
I'm hoping that Rathalos' presence in Smash means that we'll get some Monster Hunter music. Teostra's theme and MH3: Tri's arena theme would be great to fight to in my opinion.

Enchess

Smash Lord
I still don’t think it was a definite hint. As you said, “red eyes” is a common statement so it could still be a coincidence. Did Sakurai come out and say “yeah, it was totes a hint, didja catch the next one?”

People are trying to ascribe Ed Boon’s habits to Sakurai - he trolls a bit, but every one of Sakurai’s trolls has been resolved immediately afterwards. “ZSS is cut! Lol no she’s not!” The Dedede fakeout.

Maybe it’s just that I don’t like ‘hints’ like this since it can give false hope for characters you may want. I remember for Injustice Ed Boon made thses hints towards a load of characters, and then only put a few in...so people who wanted the others were just disappointed.
Yeah, red eyes could still be a coincidence, but I feel like it's less likely that it is because people in a position like Sakurai probably watch their words a lot to not give away something by accident.

He's not an Ed Boon style troll, but I do think he hints

Green_Pikmin*

Smash Journeyman
Thanks! yeah ive been here since before brawl haha the youtube channel is only a little over a month old but its caught fire. do you have a source on loz18 changing his stance on a Gen7 rep that would be REALLY interesting news if true.
I'll go back dig for it but im almost 90% sure it was on gamefaqs yesterday where he didnt acknowledge the CEO leak but himself said he doesnt think its gonna be from Gen 7.

HeroOfClocktown

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HeroOfClocktown
Does anybody here think Banjo & Kazooie have a chance to enter the roster by this stage?
I thought a lot of my choices seemed way out of left field until I saw the K-rool trailer.

The duo just seems to be made for smash.

Someone made this moveset for the duo a while back, and it seems so fitting:

The only thing I would change from that image is the final smash, and have it be related to the Jinjo's in some way.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Does anybody here think Banjo & Kazooie have a chance to enter the roster by this stage?
I thought a lot of my choices seemed way out of left field until I saw the K-rool trailer.

The duo just seems to be made for smash.

Someone made this moveset for the duo a while back, and it seems so fitting:

The only thing I would change from that image is the final smash, and have it be related to the Jinjo's in some way.
I think they have a shot for sure. Especially for this game, all things considered. I wouldn't be shocked if not, but I would be absolutely tickled if they made it in. I love the characters, but I haven't put them in my lists due to how unlikely I think they are regardless, though. I hope they get in haha.

osby

Smash Obsessed
But aren’t Echoes supposed to be highly-requested characters (minus Richter and the two veterans)?

Given the fanservicey nature of Ultimate, wasting two Echo slots for something as weird and obscure as these two is... really weird...
I'd argue that those three you mentioned are pretty highly requested characters, compared to, well, those two.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

Most likley explination is that it covers the many, many Mario spin-offs.

But who is from a Mario Spin-off...

Besides him that is :ultdoc: (and her :ultdaisy: if your a "home consoles only" snob )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom