• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Does anybody here think Banjo & Kazooie have a chance to enter the roster by this stage?
I thought a lot of my choices seemed way out of left field until I saw the K-rool trailer.

The duo just seems to be made for smash.

Someone made this moveset for the duo a while back, and it seems so fitting:

The only thing I would change from that image is the final smash, and have it be related to the Jinjo's in some way.
I'm going to be honest, I would adore Banjo-Kazooie in Smash and that moveset is damn good, but I don't think he's happening in the base game. DLC, maybe, but the base game seems like there'll only be 3-4 non echo newcomers and I think there are others that would take precedence ove Banjo. If he did good in the ballot, though, I could definitely see him as DLC. Especially, seeing as how buddy buddy the N and M are now.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I'm hoping that Rathalos' presence in Smash means that we'll get some Monster Hunter music. Teostra's theme and MH3: Tri's arena theme would be great to fight to in my opinion.
Well, let's hope that Ancestral Steppes is a stage much like Dracula's Castle. That way, we'll get that amazing music from the series.

As for the Monster Hunter character, I'm not expecting them to make an appearance, even after Rathalos' appearance. Like, they still do have a chance, but I'm not letting my hopes go up. That being said, I'm still curious on what's going to happen to the Mii Fighter DLC costumes. Like, besides Mario and Link, they haven't exactly been talkative about Alternate costumes in general. Like we know Meta Ridley is in as an alternate costume, but we didn't even see that in the E3 build. So I'm curious on if they are going to return DLC costumes for the Mii Fighters.

D

Deleted member

-okay, body type iffy Gardevoir has long legs and a dress, Gothitelle is tall and cylindrical but has stubby legs underneath.

- Gardevoir has a mega evolution, Gothitelle does not.

-Typing one is psychic and fairy the other is not, this doesn't mean a whole lot but its interesting because if they had a similar movepool overlap would make sense but this is touch-and-go.

- Stats, no overlap.
Not that I'm defending the Gardevoir/Gothitelle thing, but....

-the stubby legs bit is only in the anime

-Mega Evolution doesn't matter; just means Gothitelle would have a different Final Smash

-Pokémon stats don't really matter when it comes to Smash; the Psychic/Fairy vs. pure Psychic is also not as relevant

-Movepool is a stretch; Pokémon moves in-game don't necessarily match what they function like in Smash. Even if Gardevoir uses a Pokémon move Gothitelle doesn't have access to, it could just use a different move that functions the same way as Gardevoir's in Smash.

Last edited by a moderator:

Green_Pikmin*

Smash Journeyman
that would be pretty big if true
Cant find it, could have been people clammering so to prevent misinformation "do not" take my word for it. Also Verge seems to talk more on the subject of the pokemon newcomer so it could have been him.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Aside from freakin Gothitelle, Soren as a Robin echo confuses me. Isn’t Soren not that popular overall of a character, especially compared to Celica who would make more sense as a Robin echo? (Mini swords and tomes, plus Echoes was more recent)

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
If there's one thing I've unquestionably learned from my time in the Smash community, it's that many fans are prone to over-analyzing stuff. From insignificant details, to hints or teasers that could easily mean something else entirely, to completely random things that have purely coincidental similarities to whatever they're thinking it's a hint/reference towards.

Remember Ridley's Shadow. That's all I'm gonna say. People analyzed that to hell and back to try and prove Ridley wasn't a boss in Smash 4, many of them frequently disregarding other, clearer indications that he was. And in the end, it turned out he really was just a boss.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

In fact... if they introduced The Master, it'd be covering Toad, a Mario RPG character... and Goku at the same time. :wario:

Just kidding, but this would be an incredibly wild "wtf" character hahaha

Last edited:

Enchess

Smash Lord
Aside from freakin Gothitelle, Soren as a Robin echo confuses me. Isn’t Soren not that popular overall of a character, especially compared to Celica who would make more sense as a Robin echo? (Mini swords and tomes, plus Echoes was more recent)
I can see it if the Echoes team (assuming there is a separate subteam) is given free reign to do what they want for the most part, only needing to get Sakurai to sign off on their ideas.

We don't have any reason to believe that's the case, but I don't think it's an unrealistic idea either. Another possibility is we have a Radiance HD collection coming and Nintendo wants to subtly bring it back into public conscious again

(Playing devil's advocate. Soren is unlikely. I don't think guessing Chrom as Roy echo is undoable. People hung up on faithfulness in echoes kept saying he couldn't be an Ike echo. Hard guess, but not proof of insider knowledge)

Last edited:

Green_Pikmin*

Smash Journeyman
If there's one thing I've unquestionably learned from my time in the Smash community, it's that many fans are prone to over-analyzing stuff. From insignificant details, to hints or teasers that could easily mean something else entirely, to completely random things that have purely coincidental similarities to whatever they're thinking it's a hint/reference towards.

Remember Ridley's Shadow. That's all I'm gonna say. People analyzed that to hell and back to try and prove Ridley wasn't a boss in Smash 4, many of them frequently disregarding other, clearer indications that he was. And in the end, it turned out he really was just a boss.
I agree, the new one is with a tweet Sakurai retweeted having Link and Marth up aganist Rathalos at a certain angle similar to Golden Sun (Which you know the camera angle in Smash is already limited as is) and are claiming Issac is confirmed. Not gonna lie thats a good catch though if be true.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think most Echos are requested characters that can work though there's nothing to say they can't simply use them to buff out the roster a bit.

I can see Gothitelle as a Garevoir Echo for the sake of filling out a Gen V pokemon and I can see Hilda being made her own character separate from zelda as it would take a lot less work (adjust hair, jewellery, swap sleeves for gloves and give her Twilight Zelda's animations and Palutena's forward tilt) and cover another Zelda era.

Last edited:

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Richter wasn't requested at all, and I don't think any of us besides Castlevania fans knew who he was. So, I wouldn't use a lack of popularity as an argument against Gothitelle and Soren.

ChocolatGelgato

Smash Journeyman
arent the soren echo guy and the gardevoir/gothitelle guy literally contradicting sources, one says pokemon, one says no pokemon.

Anyway gothitelle seems weird, but in a way, it is requested, people want a gen v pokemon because they skipped gen v, and if they're adding gardy, it makes sense to kill 2 birds with one stone and make a gothitelle echo. I don't even believe it but it makes perfect sense and i dunno why people are so confused over it.

Enchess

Smash Lord
Richter wasn't requested at all, and I don't think any of us besides Castlevania fans knew who he was. So, I wouldn't use a lack of popularity as an argument against Gothitelle and Soren.
I'm not sure I'd say that. There were a lot of Simon supporters saying things like "I mean, I'd rather another Belmont, but Simon is the most iconic so...". I think it's fair to see Richter as a character that's support was muffled due to thinking it was impossible.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

In fact... if they introduced The Master, it'd be covering Toad, a Mario RPG character... and Goku at the same time. :wario:

Just kidding, but this would be an incredibly wild "wtf" character hahaha
Maybe not as a Smash fighter, but some kind of content related to the guy actually would honestly be great.

I mean, you guys, just listen to this guy's boss theme. LISTEN TO IT!

I'd love to be able to play Smash while listening to this in the background of the fight. It's too good.

I agree, the new one is with a tweet Sakurai retweeted having Link and Marth up aganist Rathalos at a certain angle similar to Golden Sun (Which you know the camera angle in Smash is already limited as is) and are claiming Issac is confirmed. Not gonna lie thats a good catch though if be true.
As long as people don't jump to conclusions about it, I suppose I can't blame 'em. But even if they did turn out to be right, I still wouldn't consider it reasonable to say he's confirmed by this point in time. Because the man seriously doesn't give out hints or foreshadowings like that very often. Not at all.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Yeah, the Isaac thread has been on that one since yesterday. Dangerous to read too much into things, but it does make you think...

Also I liked this post in that thread
Bros, hold up, what if, what if..

Isaac and Skull Kid both got revealed in the same trailer as a Sun vs Moon theme akin to heroes vs villains ?
Throw in a bear and a bird and you'd have my number one trailer of all time. :awesome:

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
I honestly want the Gardevoir leak to be true as Gardevoir is one of my favorite Pokemon of all time. It all depends if Sakurai is interested in having all the gens repped or not.

Untouch

Smash Master
Nothing against the character, but pointing towards his lack of an AT doesn't help Issac at all, the AT was removed in smash 4.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Maybe not as a Smash fighter, but some kind of content related to the guy actually would honestly be great.

I mean, you guys, just listen to this guy's boss theme. LISTEN TO IT!

I'd love to be able to play Smash while listening to this in the background of the fight. It's too good.
Totally agree haha It's one of my favorite songs in the whole series.
Man, he could also end up being a pretty badass assist trophy. It's a pipe dream, haha. It would be awesome if we got his fight theme, though. For sure.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I will say I’m more okay with echoes now. With just Daisy, Lucy, and Pittoo, I didn’t want too many. Now that Chrom, Richter, and Samustoo are in, I’ll gladly take more.

I still think Isabelle would make a great echo. Now that Chrom has shown that they can have more differences than just a pallette swap, Dixie looks incredibly likely as well - just give her a different up-B.

I’d much prefer Tails to Shadow as a Sonic echo. Sonic 2 was my first video game ever, and I’ve always preferred playing Tails to Sonic. Also, I heard a few people mention Midna’s true form as a Zelda echo, which I’d much prefer to Hilda. There’s now no Twilight Princess representation among the Zelda cast, and I loved that game. Besides, Midna’s held a decent amount of popularity for a while, and Twili Midna was amazing in Hyrule Warriors - she was even involved in Linkle’s story mode.

I’m on vacation now, but when I get back I need to remake my sig images for my new favorites. It’s odd to have a wishlist that doesn’t include Ridley or K. Rool anymore...

ChocolatGelgato

Smash Journeyman
I genuinely believe Issac was removed as AT from smash 4 because they were seriously considering the possibility of making him a full character later down the line, but that pic being a hint is "DK pose is karate joe" level reaching.

99% chance even if issac is in it was just a picture he thought was cool.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
If you went on a Captain Falcon/Ganondorf route with Echoes (that is to say, creating an echo character of someone from an franchise different from the original character the echo is based off of) then you could probably go down a practically endless list of potential Echoes for each character we've already got.

We have a slightly better idea on how Echo Characters are defined, now, but we've still only seen a few so far. It'll be interesting to see the similarities and differences later revealed Echo Characters have between the currently known ones.

Totally agree haha It's one of my favorite songs in the whole series.
Man, he could also end up being a pretty badass assist trophy. It's a pipe dream, haha. It would be awesome if we got his fight theme, though. For sure.
That's what I was thinking as well, besides his theme music. He'd be killer as an Assist Trophy.

Untouch

Smash Master
I feel as if the mario spinoffs (besides Kart) need more representation, a Mario Party stage would be really cool.
We have one paper mario stage and that's about it, there are so many mario spinoffs.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Regardless of when we get more info, I just want the Pokemon debate to end. Feels like no one knows what to believe anymore.

Will Decidueye or Lycanroc be in Smash?
Is Verge right about Incineroar?
Are we even getting a Pokemon newcomer?
Is freaking Gothitelle a real newcomer?
In terms of Pokemon candidates, Gardevoir, Incineroar, and Decidueye likely feel more believable to see as fighters than Gothitelle and (arguably) Dusk form Lycanroc (the latter of which lacks vines or psychic powers to deal with its pure quadrupedal handicap).

So, what theories do you guys have about the double Mario Mushroom in the music select screen?

The second Mushroom icon is most likely for the Mario Kart series BGM tracks, since the past Smash Bros. installments placed them in their own category. As such, it's likely that the Mario Kart series BGM tracks will only be playable at the Mario Kart stages.

Now that I think about it, there is an issue in regards to the Yoshi's Island series stages, since some of them do use BGM tracks from the Super Mario Bros. series. Maybe one workaround would be that Yoshi's Island (Melee) will be able to play ALL the BGM tracks that originated from Super Mario World.

Enchess

Smash Lord
Now that Isaac is basically confirmed after Sakurai's tweet, let me go play Golden sun.
Slow down there bud, theres still a good chance he's not in and it is just a coincidence (although anyone on here, 4chan, and Reddit saying it's a reference to standard RPG camera needs to stop. Golden Sun's camera angle is unique compared to the majority of RPGs. This pic isn't the standard angle)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Apparently even Fox's "wolf" alt was changed with the addition of wolf back

So I have a hard time believing Galacta Knight is going to be a Meta Knight clone when he still has that costume

Ike doesn't have his Chrom colors, Samus doesn't have her Dark Samus colors, Fox doesn't have his Wolf colors

but I'm supposed to believe that Galacta Knight is in while Meta Knight still has that costume?

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
It's the very first thing you see on his twitter page... Not a retweet. Just a tweet.
You know, this may not be a hint, we may be over analyzing it, but if it ain't then it is incredibly odd for him to pick those three specific characters, against that specific assist trophy, with that specific camera angle. If it ain't intentionally a hint then that is damn strange coincidence.

osby

Smash Obsessed
You know, this may not be a hint, we may be over analyzing it, but if it ain't then it is incredibly odd for him to pick those three specific characters, against that specific assist trophy, with that specific camera angle. If it ain't intentionally a hint then that is damn strange coincidence.
Aren't their only common point being swordfighters?

Enchess

Smash Lord
Aren't their only common point being swordfighters?
Shulk and Marth are from RPGs and Link is from debatably an RPG (good luck getting a general consensus there). If they used Cloud instead of Link I'd be quite a bit more confident.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

So I have a hard time believing Galacta Knight is going to be a Meta Knight clone when he still has that costume

Ike doesn't have his Chrom colors, Samus doesn't have her Dark Samus colors, Fox doesn't have his Wolf colors

but I'm supposed to believe that Galacta Knight is in while Meta Knight still has that costume?
Exactly, obviously we're getting Dark Meta Knight and Morpho Knight

Untouch

Smash Master

That just means we're getting Mirror Metaknight!

monadoboy

Smash Lord
I'd be fine with it if it wasn't Gothitelle. Just make Emolga a Pikachu clone with Shuttle Loop or something if you must have a lazy Gen V Pokemon. Emolga's probably more popular than Gothitelle.
Hey, I'm sure there's like...two Gothitelle fans out there, somewhere.

On the subject of Echoes, anyone has clear pictures of Ike's black palette? It used to look like the Black Knight, but it has more red now.

This is all I could find.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Only if you want to

BrytonJ

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5522-4120-7832
I kind of hope the gardevoir / gothitelle thing is real because I love both those pokemon to be honest. Honestly, I probably like gothitelle more. I understand that this isn't a super popular take though but that's okay I'm okay with being greedy and I shall be greedy all my life!

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Me, reading at all these "the furniture is hinting at newcomers!" bull**** like it's Smash 4 all over again:
View attachment 157260

Seriously guys, we're analyzing ****ing furniture? This is beyond grasping at straws. It doesn't help discussions like this don't move anything in the slightest, they're pointless even if they were somehow true.
Didn't we think we over analyzed Sakurai's red eyes of being tired by thinking it was king k rool or bloody tears and… oh… it just happened to be true? Maybe you're right… but it's something to take a grain of salt still, while at the same time not jumping to the conclusion 100% that it's the truth, of course.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
I think they'll bring back Boss Battles from Brawl

So far we have:
- Dracula
- Yellow Devil
- Rathalos
- Metal Face

They might make Ridley big so you fight/unlock him as a Boss as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom