• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Funny thing about the screenshot is it's made of JRPG protagonists: SRPG protagonist, ARPG protagonist, and I guess... single player MMORPG protagonist in a 3 man party out of what usually is 4.

The only one missing is a Turn-based RPG protagonist... someone like Isaac.

Or a Shin Megami Tensei protagonist, just sayin'.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I think they'll bring back Boss Battles from Brawl

So far we have:
- Dracula
- Yellow Devil
- Rathalos
- Metal Face

They might make Ridley big so you fight/unlock him as a Boss as well.
Honestly, it really isn't off the table to just fight normal fighters as bosses as well.
I've been playing around with the thought of fighting Skull Kid and then fighting Majora to unlock Skull Kid. (And maybe Young Link, but you'd probably unlock him after fighting Ganondorf... and then Beast Ganon)

Actually Shadow Dedede and King D-Mind are things so.......
I know. It's more that I'm playing about the fact we have two Dark _____ fighters now haha any more and we might as well just have Dark everyone. As in specifically with the word "Dark"

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I think they'll bring back Boss Battles from Brawl

So far we have:
- Dracula
- Yellow Devil
- Rathalos
- Metal Face

They might make Ridley big so you fight/unlock him as a Boss as well.
Or just reuse Other M Ridley...I need a 9 Ridley Death Battle

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I've considered the thought of Masked Dedede as an alt. costume once.

But he dons that mask as a part of his new Final Smash with his "Brand New Dedede Hammer", which means all is right with the world, so I'm more than content with the getup just showing up as a part of that instead. :p

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Apparently even Fox's "wolf" alt was changed with the addition of wolf back

So I have a hard time believing Galacta Knight is going to be a Meta Knight clone when he still has that costume

Ike doesn't have his Chrom colors, Samus doesn't have her Dark Samus colors, Fox doesn't have his Wolf colors

but I'm supposed to believe that Galacta Knight is in while Meta Knight still has that costume?
Probably not, but since one of Mario's palettes does reference Wario's classic outfit (to an extent), pretty much anything could happen.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
With dark matter, you could have dark versions of the entire cast.
Dark Matter confirmed for new main antagonists of the new story mode.

(To be perfectly honest, I've actually seriously wanted an idea like that to come true in a Smash game one of these days. Dark Matter possessing fighters, trying to corrupt the world and drain it of joy once again, heck, even bring Zero back as a major boss. If they did another SSE but fixed up it's flaws, I'd seriously be more than okay with all that being apart of it's storyline.).

Last edited:

Untouch

Smash Master
Speaking of dark matter, the fact that the smash site explicitly states that Zero is the Zero from megaman makes me think they're hinting at another Zero being in the game, probably Zero from DL3.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Dark Matter confirmed for new main antagonists of the new story mode.

(To be perfectly honest, I've actually seriously wanted an idea like that to come true in a Smash game one of these days. Dark Matter possessing fighters, trying to corrupt the world and drain it of joy once again, heck, even bring Zero back as a major boss. If they did another SSE but fixed up it's flaws, I'd seriously be more than okay with all that being apart of it's storyline.).
Speaking of dark matter, the fact that the smash site explicitly states that Zero is the Zero from megaman makes me think they're hinting at another Zero being in the game, probably Zero from DL3.
Right, so I guess I'm all in on supporting this idea now.
That would be awesome

D

Deleted member

Probably not, but since one of Mario's palettes does reference Wario's classic outfit (to an extent), pretty much anything could happen.
Mario's Wario costume was replaced with the builder costume. Regardless, it still doesn't mean too much sense the Wario costume was in both Brawl and Smash 4.

ChocolatGelgato

Smash Journeyman
zero is just listed without a mega man tag in the japanese website, and both zeroes share the same name over there too.

Unless the english site slipped up, i dont think it means anything as much as i want to see any kind of dark matter trilogy fanservice.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Hey, I'm sure there's like...two Gothitelle fans out there, somewhere.

On the subject of Echoes, anyone has clear pictures of Ike's black palette? It used to look like the Black Knight, but it has more red now.

This is all I could find.
Well, The Black Knight does have a red cape, so this might not mean anything. But I can't help but feel hopeful whenever the mention of a Black Knight echo is brought up. It might be heresy to say this, but we don't have any FE villains yet and the BK is pretty much the most popular one.

Here's his costumes from Smash 4 by the way. It does look a bit changed.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Dark Ridley is just a nicer good version of Ridley that apologizes to Samus and tries his best to make her happy.
This definitely seems like one of those 256=0 situations.

You know, like Nuclear Gandhi.

MainJPW

M.T.A

Pakky

Smash Hero
Porky is gamble but I'm game for him.

would Gygais work as a Mewtwo echo? I mean does he do anything in MOTHER 1?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Does anybody here think Banjo & Kazooie have a chance to enter the roster by this stage?
I thought a lot of my choices seemed way out of left field until I saw the K-rool trailer.

The duo just seems to be made for smash.

Someone made this moveset for the duo a while back, and it seems so fitting:

The only thing I would change from that image is the final smash, and have it be related to the Jinjo's in some way.
About 80-95%. While I didn't put them in my list (mainly because some franchises I love sorely need more people, and didn't want to put in too many third-parties), I would still want to see Nintendo and Sakurai pull off a miracle.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Shulk and Marth are from RPGs and Link is from debatably an RPG (good luck getting a general consensus there). If they used Cloud instead of Link I'd be quite a bit more confident.
Link is what makes me more confident. Cloud being in there could make me think that they were just trying to replicate a scene from FFVII but seeing as how Link has been compared to Isaac, and vice versa, quite often and is on the very far left makes me think that they're trying to play off Link AS Isaac in this scene. If it were Cloud, who usually sits in that same position as the head of the party, I would more see it as a reference to FFVII, but it's not. If it's referencing anything it's Golden Sun and if it's not referencing Golden Sun then it isn't referencing anything.

Enchess

Smash Lord
Gigue is the final boss of Mother 1, they aren't exactly the same character but related.
I thought that was just a translation thing and they were the same? I know they are considered the same character on wikis at least and the famous Giygas fetus sprite has been pointed out to looked a lot like the Gigue sprite put through a swirly filter

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Gigue is the final boss of Mother 1, they aren't exactly the same character but related.
That's actually a translation error from when Earthbound Beginnings was first translated as Earth Bound. In the Japanese versions they have the same name, thus they are the same character.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I think I've already made it clear that there are things that shouldn't be read too much into (not that I haven't been guilty of doing that in the past) but one can certainly hope.....

In any case I'd just be really happy to see some more Dark Matter Trilogy elements in Smash. Zero could make one hell of an antagonist if done right, and even greater as a Smash boss battle.

Zeox

Smash Champion
Porky is gamble but I'm game for him.

would Gygais work as a Mewtwo echo? I mean does he do anything in MOTHER 1?
There haven't been any case where the character is from one franchise and an echo from another, it would be weird to have Giygas in the middle of the pokemon characters.

Enchess

Smash Lord
Link is what makes me more confident. Cloud being in there could make me think that they were just trying to replicate a scene from FFVII but seeing as how Link has been compared to Isaac, and vice versa, quite often and is on the very far left makes me think that they're trying to play off Link AS Isaac in this scene. If it were Cloud, who usually sits in that same position as the head of the party, I would more see it as a reference to FFVII, but it's not.
Camera angle would've bothered me if it was that. It's not really similar to most FFVII battle angles
If it's referencing anything it's Golden Sun and if it's not referencing Golden Sun then it isn't referencing anything.
Main takeaway of this all as far as I'm concerned.
There haven't been any case where the character is from one franchise and an echo from another, it would be weird to have Giygas in the middle of the pokemon characters.
I mostly agree with this, but to devil's advocate, Mewtwo is highly speculated to have taken his design from Giygas in Earthbound circles. It'd actually be a really neat reference and simultaneously prove a fan-theory

Last edited:

MalcolmBelmont

Smash Journeyman
If Issac does get in. Do you want an alt for his Older Version since the Younger Version will be the made alt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom