• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
every person I know who have played Xenoblade says that Xenoblade is, more or less, a masterpiece.
It's not a game like many other
Xenoblade is a work of art, that's for sure. Although, I'm not really sure if it's something I would describe as "historical". Even post-Smash 4, plenty of people are unaware of Xenoblade's existence.

That robot from the Labo Robot Kit might work as a playable character.

Those cardboard toys from the Labo Variety Kit could work as items.
If Labo is a hit with consumers, I could actually see this happening. I mean, ROB isn't a video game character per say.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
If Labo is a hit with consumers, I could actually see this happening. I mean, ROB isn't a video game character per say.
Yeah, if it is a hit with consumers. I mean, that’s why we got the unexpected Wii Fit Trainer in Smash. :4wiifit:

Most of us aren’t the target demographic (casual gamers, women, old people) for Wii Fit games... and I suspect some of us aren’t the target demographic (children, children at heart, and I assume casual gamers) for the Nintendo Labo games.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
GameXplain had the idea of a LABO stage which assembles as the match goes on which I think if pretty cool.

My take: It could also take place in the house set from the variety pack and the things that stick into it cause the stage to change.

Staarih

Smash Master
Do people here expect Labo to get a character in Smash? Or some form of representation?

Because I think a Labo character is a real possbility.
I'm not sure about a character, I'd rather wait and see how well it does first. I do get a Wii Fit-phenomenon sort of feel of Labo so I could see it becoming pretty successful (with more packs made in the future, maybe to tie with existing IP's), but we'll see.

A stage however, I guess could be possible. Rather than the actual cardboards being the stage, I think it'll be based on the games played with the kits. The Variety Pack, for example seems, to have a bunch of minigames(?), so maybe a WarioWare Inc -style stage could work, shifting from one another. I was thinking something similar for 1-2-Switch representation as well, another gimmicky but well-selling Switch title. While the Robot Kit seems to have more substantial gameplay, it could be added to the mix as well.

Though the cardboards are pretty much the selling point of it so who knows.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Do people here expect Labo to get a character in Smash? Or some form of representation?

Because I think a Labo character is a real possbility.
People laugh at the idea now, but it's more likely than they think. This is Nintendo's crack at something new and unique that no competitor console can currently implement. If this has the success of Wii Fit, I could see Sakurai creating a Labo character that can assemble into different things.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
People laugh at the idea now, but it's more likely than they think. This is Nintendo's crack at something new and unique that no competitor console can currently implement. If this has the success of Wii Fit, I could see Sakurai creating a Labo character that can assemble into different things.
Yeah, I’d be all for a Labo character. I’ve even thought of a set of specials for him: His Neutral B could be that he revs a motorbike handlebar for a bit before launching it at the opponent at full speed. His Side B can be building a house over the opponent to trap them (Think the Space Infinity Storm from MvCI), which breaks when Labo launches them. His Up B could be summoning a UFO (Which appears in the Labo Robot game) to lift characters up, which affects only him when used midair and affects enemies when used on the ground. His Down B could be that he plays a tune on a piano to give him a temporary buff. For example, playing the Mario theme would give him a jump boost, playing the Punch-Out theme would give him powerful normals and playing the Final Fantasy theme would give him boosted Specials. And I think each theme would cycle through each other with each use.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
I’d rather just a Labo moveset for a mii than a character. Probably the mii has to assemble the paper craft (toy cons) before he can attack with it, fully assembled ones can get ‘knocked out of the mii’ causing them to need to make a new one and more damaging paper craft will take longer to assemble.

If it was a character, I just want cardboard optimus prime.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Has anyone unironically brought up "Labo Robot" for Smash yet? No?
Damn, I thought this fanbase would be faster than that....

What are Mr. Game & Watch, R.O.B., and Duck Hunt, then? :p
I did right after the game’s announcement in the Source Gaming Discord Chat.

But seriously I think it’s a great idea and would be a neat surprise to include. This is probably the most Nintendo IP they’ve ever done and with the game blowing up on Twitter, hopefully this will prompt its inclusion. Certainly more exciting than Wii Fit Trainer since the IP revolves around creating stuff with cardboards.
I wouldn't say Duck Hunt was a series. :V
But yeah, Duck Hunt was a pretty big deal, and the Dog was an icon in the gaming culture. Mainly because you wanted to kill the damn thing for laughing at you one too many times. :p
My only disappointment is that there wasn’t more of the troll characteristic in his Smash portrayal. You could say he was the first troll.
Thing about Pit is that he wasn't chosen to be an NES rep or surprise character like the others.

Pit was actually cited to be chosen due to the success of the GBA port of Kid Icarus.
I should mention that Pit was also added because of fan demand.

Pakky

Smash Hero
The Labo robot would be kind of sick. I mean it's just Optimus Prime right? Can't go wrong with that.

I wonder if anyone else like Simon Belmont comes to smash from Konami. I mean Bomberman is an obvious choice, but yeah.

Thinking about it further I wonder how IK will pan out in the next smash?

Really hoping for Medusa or Hades or both, more villains period is a great idea really.

D

Deleted member

The Labo robot would be kind of sick. I mean it's just Optimus Prime right? Can't go wrong with that.

I wonder if anyone else like Simon Belmont comes to smash from Konami. I mean Bomberman is an obvious choice, but yeah.

Really hoping for Medusa or Hades or both, more villains period is a great idea really.
Nintendo Labo is going to be this generation’s Animal Crossing, a game designed for kids but ends up having lots of adult appeal. That the game had such a successful reveal is a testament to that.

So I’d say a Nintendo Labo character is pretty likely.

D

Deleted member

GameXplain had the idea of a LABO stage which assembles as the match goes on which I think if pretty cool.

My take: It could also take place in the house set from the variety pack and the things that stick into it cause the stage to change.
That stage actually sounds really cool in design and for fun. A creative idea in my eyes, I like the option.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Just don't let the Labo Robot become the next Reckless Safety Man or Non-Specific Action Figure.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Just don't let the Labo Robot become the next Reckless Safety Man or Non-Specific Action Figure.
I'm afraid it's too late for that, sir. The damage has been done.

But seriously, I think Labo is a little more specific than those two fellas. At least these toys have the potential to grow and get more recognition over time. Reckless Safety Man only popped up in the "Be aware of your surroundings" warning that no one ever read.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So someone on YouTube had a brilliant idea for a future Labo kit. If it were real, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Luigi's Mansion: Poltergust Kit

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
Dumb armchair assumption but a Pokemon announcement might determine how close we are to a new smash installment.

I doubt anyone from gen 7 is going to be on Smash's roster.

Smash has always had a weird connection with the even-numbered gens in the Pokemon franchise baring gen 1.

Gen2: Melee: Pichu/ Metwo

Gen4: Brawl: Lucario/Pokemon Trainer

Gen6: Smash4: Greninja/Charizard

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Dumb armchair assumption but a Pokemon announcement might determine how close we are to a new smash installment.

Smash has always had a weird connection with the even-numbered gens in the Pokemon franchise baring gen 1.

It's a pattern only if you don't look at the actual developments.

Mewtwo was meant to be in Smash 64. They finally were able to get it working in time in Melee. Pichu was added solely due to being an easy clone. It had nothing to do with Gen II specifically. Although the movies may have slightly influenced it. Lucario was heavily promoted and far more major as an option compared to the Gen III candidates. Greninja was actually chosen specifically because Sakurai wanted someone for Gen VI, but also because he saw a moveset by viewing the concept art alone.

There is no real pattern. Gen VII may or may not get a character, and that entirely depends upon when the development for the next Smash game started. That's really the only thing that heavily determines it at this point. Relevancy played a role in only Lucario and Greninja's case at best.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
There is no real pattern. Gen VII may or may not get a character, and that entirely depends upon when the development for the next Smash game started. That's really the only thing that heavily determines it at this point. Relevancy played a role in only Lucario and Greninja's case at best.
Agreed. Even though Sun and Moon are still fairly new, we don't know when the next Smash will start development (If it hasn't already). For now, let's assume Gen VIII is all we're getting and just enjoy speculating which Gen VII Pokémon we think should be added. If Sakurai adds a Pokémon from both Gens, it'll be a pleasant surprise for all of us.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Just a heads up.

I've been in talks with @AEMehr and we're going to be reviving our old Speculation Chart concept soon.
For those of you who weren't around in the early Smash 4 speculation days or simply don't remember what I'm talking about, this is what I mean:
https://smashboards.com/threads/smash-4-speculation-chart-we-update-now.334369/

(And yes, updates ironically stopped before the final three DLC characters.)

We are deciding on the initial chart setup before we get a thread made.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Noticed DK is a DLC character in Mario x Rabbids. Am happy to see so much exposure to the character and franchise in this last Direct. It gives me good hope for a new DKC game coming along, which am sure will happen eventually. He got a strange sort of slimmer design than usual in the game tho. Wonder if that'll be used more from now on? Think I prefer buff DK however.

Luminario

Smash Lord
I’d rather just a Labo moveset for a mii than a character. Probably the mii has to assemble the paper craft (toy cons) before he can attack with it, fully assembled ones can get ‘knocked out of the mii’ causing them to need to make a new one and more damaging paper craft will take longer to assemble.
I actually really like this idea. Miis tie in well with the build-it-yourself aspect of Labo, and a builder moveset in Smash offers a wide array of possibilities. The robot could be an FS with the Mii piloting it from the background wearing the cardboard mech.

I can't exactly see KI getting another rep just yet, especially not now the series is dormant. Hopefully someone picks it up for a switch KI game because the gameplay was wonderful.

Well there's nothing to say we couldn't get a Gen 7 and a Gen 8. We've always (technically) gotten 2 Pokemon newcomers each game, whether some of them be clones or 3-in-1s or 1 from that 3-in-1, so it's not that unusual. They've also now explored DLC, so they could potentially hold off on Gen 8 to see who's most popular.

Last edited:

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Noticed DK is a DLC character in Mario x Rabbids. Am happy to see so much exposure to the character and franchise in this last Direct. It gives me good hope for a new DKC game coming along, which am sure will happen eventually. He got a strange sort of slimmer design than usual in the game tho. Wonder if that'll be used more from now on? Think I prefer buff DK however.
I think the "slimmer redesign" has more to do with the animation and artstyle of Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle. I myself don't mind the visual differences, as minuscule as the seem.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Agreed. Even though Sun and Moon are still fairly new, we don't know when the next Smash will start development (If it hasn't already). For now, let's assume Gen VIII is all we're getting and just enjoy speculating which Gen VII Pokémon we think should be added. If Sakurai adds a Pokémon from both Gens, it'll be a pleasant surprise for all of us.
For now, I'm of the "Gen VII or something else", as Gen VIII had yet to be announced. It may be a long time before we get it, although I do feel it's likely to be announced and/or released near the next Smash Switch game.

Well there's nothing to say we couldn't get a Gen 7 and a Gen 8. We've always (technically) gotten 2 Pokemon newcomers each game, whether some of them be clones or 3-in-1s or 1 from that 3-in-1, so it's not that unusual. They've also now explored DLC, so they could potentially hold off on Gen 8 to see who's most popular.
Charizard was always treated as a Veteran. Smash 4 only had 1 Pokemon Newcomer. Sakurai actually has noted that Brawl has 39 playable characters, as he didn't count Trainer as a direct playable compared to his 3 Pokemon. Smash 4 broken the pattern, in more than one way. In Melee and Brawl we had 4 roster slots dedicated to Pokemon, which added 2 more overall. Smash 4 also was the first one to have less than 2 Pokemon Newcomers, but more notably, is the first game to have 6 roster slots for Pokemon characters. Kind of funny that way.

IronTed

Smash Ace
So far all previous gen Pokemon newcomers have been from gen 1.

Melee had Mewtwo and Pichu, although the circumstances have already been stated.

Brawl had Lucario and the starters, who were from gen 1 and are easily the most recognizable of all starters.

4 only had Greninja, gen 6.

Chances are we'd only get a current gen newcomer, and maybe an old iconic Pokemon. Although if Pokemon and Smash release close together the lines will be a bit blurrier.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I don't think Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo Switch is going to be a port. I do however think it's going to retain all the characters from the last game in order to keep the line of amiibo relevant and because the last one was so shortly ago.

I believe the characters themselves and their assets will be ported, but updated accordingly. Such as moves and designs from recent games as well as custom moves for DLC characters. No cuts.

With that being the criteria, I have very different predictions in mind than I would normally.

Returns
  1. Ice Climbers
  2. Pichu
  3. Wolf
Newcomers
  1. Inkling
  2. Spring Man
  3. Ribbon Girl
  4. Elma
  5. Rex & Pyra
  6. Decidueye
  7. Pokemon Switch Character
  8. Fire Emblem Switch Character
  9. Pikmin Switch Character
  10. Rhythm Heaven Troupe
  11. Balloon Fighter
  12. Samurai Goroh
  13. Dixie Kong
  14. Pauline
  15. Paper Mario
  16. Miles "Tails" Prower
  17. Knuckles The Echidna
  18. Shadow The Hedgehog
  19. Bomberman
  20. Terra Branford
Under normal circumstances, I would not consider Elma, Bomberman, Paper Mario, a Donkey Kong, F-Zero, or Sonic character likely.

Here's how Balloon Fighter could actually work.

Balloon Fighter is an aerial fighter. He has three balloons that keep him in the air as long as he wants and let him easily fly around. However, you can pop these balloons, making him susceptible to gravity and easier to KO. He's not a good jumper.

In order to regain his Balloons, Balloon Fighter must use his Neutral B Special (Balloon Pump) to make more balloons. If he pumps it too hard though, the explosion can be used as an attack.

There many possibilities at his disposal. Bumpers, a parachute, lightning, bubbles, a fish, etc.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Just a heads up.

I've been in talks with @AEMehr and we're going to be reviving our old Speculation Chart concept soon.
For those of you who weren't around in the early Smash 4 speculation days or simply don't remember what I'm talking about, this is what I mean:
https://smashboards.com/threads/smash-4-speculation-chart-we-update-now.334369/

(And yes, updates ironically stopped before the final three DLC characters.)

We are deciding on the initial chart setup before we get a thread made.
This make me think if we'll ever get a new character analysis topic like the one made by ChronoBound as well...

Awesomeperson159

Smash Apprentice
Guys, we talk so much about newcomers, why not rework some older characters as well?

Ganondorf could use a rework, because he really should feel more in line with... Ganondorf. Right now he feels same as Melee: slow, worse version (sorry Ganondorf mains) of Captain Falcon.

Mario and Luigi both feel a bit outdated as well. Both FLUDD and Cape have only been seen in one game, and Cappy would make for a much more unique and useful special than either. Not to say they're bad but cappy would be better. Luigi could make more use of his Poltergust (grab, one of his tilts, and one of his smash attacks could all make use of the Poltergust, as an example) and his Final Smash could include a cutscene inside the poltergust where a circle of Boos descends on the players trapped inside as the camera pans up and the players get mauled by Boos, similarly to Olimar's final smash.

Balloon Fighter is an aerial fighter. He has three balloons that keep him in the air as long as he wants and let him easily fly around. However, you can pop these balloons, making him susceptible to gravity and easier to KO. He's not a good jumper.

In order to regain his Balloons, Balloon Fighter must use his Neutral B Special (Balloon Pump) to make more balloons. If he pumps it too hard though, the explosion can be used as an attack.

There many possibilities at his disposal. Bumpers, a parachute, lightning, bubbles, a fish, etc.
We probably won't get him considering Villager's Up Special.

Although it could easily be changed (rework) I don't think it's very likely to be removed.

Last edited:

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
We probably won't get him considering Villager's Up Special.
That's incredibly ironic considering you mentioned veterans should be reworked and given new moves in the very same post.

Villager's Up special is 100% irrelevant. Stuff changes. If we were talking about Super Smash Bros. for Wii U & 3DS, then you would have a point.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
That's incredibly ironic considering you mentioned veterans should be reworked and given new moves in the very same post.

Villager's Up special is 100% irrelevant. Stuff changes.
Agreed. Albeit, I don't know if they'd actually try to make Balloon Fighter playable, but it's not like Little Mac was held back by Villager using some boxing gloves either. Mind you, the Balloons are a hard reference to BF instead of some generic thing, but still, it shouldn't matter.

Awesomeperson159

Smash Apprentice

Villager's Up special is 100% irrelevant. Stuff changes.
Fair point. I was kinda thinking the same but I thought that Villager wasn't likely to get a rework, of all characters.

That's what happens when you don't think everything through enough :p

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I recently saw the trailer for the Nintendo Labo, but I'm kind of dreading that it'll end up being a failure. We're talking about objects that are not very sturdy after all.

Awesomeperson159

Smash Apprentice
I don't think Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo Switch is going to be a port. I do however think it's going to retain all the characters from the last game in order to keep the line of amiibo relevant and because the last one was so shortly ago.

I believe the characters themselves and their assets will be ported, but updated accordingly. Such as moves and designs from recent games as well as custom moves for DLC characters. No cuts.

With that being the criteria, I have very different predictions in mind than I would normally.

Returns
  1. Ice Climbers
  2. Pichu
  3. Wolf
Newcomers
  1. Inkling
  2. Spring Man
  3. Ribbon Girl
  4. Elma
  5. Rex & Pyra
  6. Decidueye
  7. Pokemon Switch Character
  8. Fire Emblem Switch Character
  9. Pikmin Switch Character
  10. Rhythm Heaven Troupe
  11. Balloon Fighter
  12. Samurai Goroh
  13. Dixie Kong
  14. Pauline
  15. Paper Mario
  16. Miles "Tails" Prower
  17. Knuckles The Echidna
  18. Shadow The Hedgehog
  19. Bomberman
  20. Terra Bradford
Under normal circumstances, I would not consider Elma, Bomberman, Paper Mario, a Donkey Kong, F-Zero, or Sonic character likely.

Here's how Balloon Fighter could actually work.

Other than balloon fighter this roster is pretty good. My only complaints are:
- The aforementioned problem with a character that needs no rework referencing one of the newcomers on this list (pretty sure Villager is a reference to him by design, though I might be wrong)
- 4 Sonic reps, 4 DK reps? I mean Tails is a pretty popular choice and I could see knuckles, but Shadow? He works best as an alt. Just because Sonic is more iconic of a franchise (mostly) doesn't mean that a 3rd party should have as many reps as Donkey Kong. Add Funky and we'll be good ;)
- Pauline over K.Rool? To each his own, I guess, but what would Pauline do? Sing "Jump Up, Super Star"?
- Why pick Terra Bradford when you can pick the main antagonist of the same FF game that Cloud is main protagonist in?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7wJ8pE2qKU
(Also we can listen to One-Winged Angel in Smash so that would be great)

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Other than balloon fighter this roster is pretty good. My only complaints are:
- The aforementioned problem with a character that needs no rework referencing one of the newcomers on this list (pretty sure Villager is a reference to him by design, though I might be wrong)
- 4 Sonic reps, 4 DK reps? I mean Tails is a pretty popular choice and I could see knuckles, but Shadow? He works best as an alt. Just because Sonic is more iconic of a franchise (mostly) doesn't mean that a 3rd party should have as many reps as Donkey Kong. Add Funky and we'll be good ;)
- Pauline over K.Rool? To each his own, I guess, but what would Pauline do? Sing "Jump Up, Super Star"?
- Why pick Terra Bradford when you can pick the main antagonist of the same FF game that Cloud is main protagonist in?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7wJ8pE2qKU
(Also we can listen to One-Winged Angel in Smash so that would be great)
I don't consider the amount of characters another series has to be at all relevant to how much another series is allowed to have.

There's more Kid Icarus than Donkey Kong and more Fire Emblem than Zelda. And I don't consider incredulity of a character's potential to be an argument. I think Pauline has plenty potential and she's DEFINITELY a more iconic Nintendo character than King K. Rool. More credentials compared to K. Rool than you would think.

The whole reason Terra Bradford is on there is because Final Fantasy VI is like the second most popular installment. Final Fantasy should have more variety than just one game.
Shadow is very different than Sonic in terms of abilities though, and giving him nothing more than an alt treatment would just feel wrong.
I would imagine he'd be a hybrid. Retain Spin Dash, homing attack, and Super Shadow respectfully, but use Teleport as a recovery and Chaos Spear as a Side B.

So basically a Luigi situation.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
So far all previous gen Pokemon newcomers have been from gen 1.

Melee had Mewtwo and Pichu, although the circumstances have already been stated.

Brawl had Lucario and the starters, who were from gen 1 and are easily the most recognizable of all starters.

4 only had Greninja, gen 6.

Chances are we'd only get a current gen newcomer, and maybe an old iconic Pokemon. Although if Pokemon and Smash release close together the lines will be a bit blurrier.
I'd really like for Sakurai to look back at some older Pokémon, but I don't think it's likely. With such a large cast of characters and dozens more being added with each game, it just doesn't make much sense to add anything from Gen I to Gen VI at this point. I suppose remakes and a gimmick like Alolan variants or Megas can make older Pokémon relevant again, but even then newer Pokémon would have the priority.

I recently saw the trailer for the Nintendo Labo, but I'm kind of dreading that it'll end up being a failure. We're talking about objects that are not very sturdy after all.
I worked part-time handling parcel at the UPS world port for about two years. Trust me when I say cardboard can be VERY durable. The type of cardboard they're using for Labo is sturdy and flexible, so unless you carelessly leave your creation on the stairs or forget about it in the rain, it should hold up.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Shadow is very different than Sonic in terms of abilities though, and giving him nothing more than an alt treatment would just feel wrong.
Thisssss.

Although I don't think there's any chance Sonic could get 4 reps. It's still 3rd party. Two total due to how big it is, and how iconic the 4 options(Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Shadow) mentioned are, I can easily see any of those 3 being added. Although maybe not "easily" so much as "plausible".

At best Shadow could share some animations like he often does, but he branched out severely from Sonic, only sharing a few moves at best, being the Homing Attack, extreme speed(and keep in mind Shadow introduced Chaos Control, not Sonic. Sonic did introduce the Ring Dash first. What is notable is Sonic also got the Homing Attack well before the 3D era, in an almost ironically named game called Sonic 3D Blast). But Shadow also fights physically and with Chaos powers, normally has a Chaos Emerald with him, is perfectly fine with using weapons(he grew up in a military facility, so this shouldn't be that surprising), and even has his own unique running animations, using his jet boots for more boosting and speed. He obviously would be faster than Sonic. In the context of Smash, he would at least have the same Down Air, as that's Shadow Rocket that Sonic is using, so no reason to remove Shadow's own move.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Thisssss.

Although I don't think there's any chance Sonic could get 4 reps. It's still 3rd party. Two total due to how big it is, and how iconic the 4 options(Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Shadow) mentioned are, I can easily see any of those 3 being added. Although maybe not "easily" so much as "plausible".

At best Shadow could share some animations like he often does, but he branched out severely from Sonic, only sharing a few moves at best, being the Homing Attack, extreme speed(and keep in mind Shadow introduced Chaos Control, not Sonic. Sonic did introduce the Ring Dash first. What is notable is Sonic also got the Homing Attack well before the 3D era, in an almost ironically named game called Sonic 3D Blast). But Shadow also fights physically and with Chaos powers, normally has a Chaos Emerald with him, is perfectly fine with using weapons(he grew up in a military facility, so this shouldn't be that surprising), and even has his own unique running animations, using his jet boots for more boosting and speed. He obviously would be faster than Sonic. In the context of Smash, he would at least have the same Down Air, as that's Shadow Rocket that Sonic is using, so no reason to remove Shadow's own move.
Yeah.

But, it's still important that he have homing attack and spin dash in my opinion. I know people like to ***** about even the slightest "clone", but it's important to represent a character accurately.

IronTed

Smash Ace
I worked part-time handling parcel at the UPS world port for about two years. Trust me when I say cardboard can be VERY durable. The type of cardboard they're using for Labo is sturdy and flexible, so unless you carelessly leave your creation on the stairs or forget about it in the rain, it should hold up.
I mean, yeah cardboard will wear out eventually and all that, but it isn't like paper mache levels of frailty. Assuming Nintendo has good quality control it should last more than a little while. Quality is my biggest concern, but hopefully we'll find out more at some of the events they're having soon.

According to an article from the Guardian, Nintendo will offer to replace broken material. Although, it's rather easy to modify/repair the material in the first place. You could reinforce it with tape, or use glue for repairs. I mean a large point of Labo is the actual construction of the object, and there's already potential for customization. Just look at the RC cars.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom