• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I mean, yeah cardboard will wear out eventually and all that, but it isn't like paper mache levels of frailty. Assuming Nintendo has good quality control it should last more than a little while. Quality is my biggest concern, but hopefully we'll find out more at some of the events they're having soon.

According to an article from the Guardian, Nintendo will offer to replace broken material. Although, it's rather easy to modify/repair the material in the first place. You could reinforce it with tape, or use glue for repairs. I mean a large point of Labo is the actual construction of the object, and there's already potential for customization. Just look at the RC cars.
Cardboard will never be as reliable as plastic, but using a material like that would be harder and way more expensive. From a business perspective, I think cardboard is one of the best materials they can use for a project like this.

Also, I'm not entirely sure about the replacement thing. A few people are starting to backtrack on that report, saying that Nintendo clarified that it will NOT replace the cardboard, or at least not for free anyway. If you buy a Labo set, do your best to take care of the original materials. If they break or wear, use your own handiwork to make repairs.

Last edited:

IronTed

Smash Ace
Cardboard will never be as reliable as plastic, but using a material like that would be harder and way more expensive. From a business perspective, I think cardboard is one of the best materials they can use for a project like this.

Also, I'm not entirely sure about the replacement thing. A few people are starting to backtrack on that report, saying that Nintendo clarified that it will NOT replace the cardboard, or at least not for free anyway. If you buy a Labo set, do your best to take care of the original materials. If they break or wear, use your own handiwork to make repairs.
It certainly was price-induced decision, both in terms of production and msrp. I would imagine a plastic version would cost a bit more than the current prices. And cardboard seems more interesting as well.

But I didn't know that statement was backtracked, thanks for clarifying. It's likely they'll sell the kits without the software for really cheap, as replacements. Reminds me of all those Wii peripherals that were stand alone.

If Labo were to get a standalone character in Smash, I wonder what it would be. There's definitely good move potential though, both as an independent character and as a customizable one.

TheWill44

Smash Apprentice
“sakuria plz add steve from mindcraft into smash brofers plz, he can be in smash”
“add roblox noob from roblox into smash, also add baconhair and guest music666 aswell cuz they are cool plz”
“add meme lord plz sakurai, he uses harambe’s dead body to fall on people and ohko he’ll be top tier plz”
“your mom can be in smash, she’s so fat she can’t get launched haHaa im so funnie”
“John cena can’t be seen in smash, but he should be, so he can scream into people’s ears and win every time like if you support.”
-Miiverse

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
“sakuria plz add steve from mindcraft into smash brofers plz, he can be in smash”
“add roblox noob from roblox into smash, also add baconhair and guest music666 aswell cuz they are cool plz”
“add meme lord plz sakurai, he uses harambe’s dead body to fall on people and ohko he’ll be top tier plz”
“your mom can be in smash, she’s so fat she can’t get launched haHaa im so funnie”
“John cena can’t be seen in smash, but he should be, so he can scream into people’s ears and win every time like if you support.”
-Miiverse
Miiverse is dead.

Stop beating a dead horse.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I'm not sure this is on topic.
If Labo were to get a standalone character in Smash, I wonder what it would be. There's definitely good move potential though, both as an independent character and as a customizable one.
The general conversation here is whether or not Labo will be successful enough to be featured as a character in Smash.

Anyway, I think the kits we have right now are enough to give us a decent moveset. The robot backpack can be used in heavy-hitting Smash attacks. The fishing poll could function as a tether like Lucas's Rope Snake. The RC car would work great as a special attack that the player has full control over. The house and piano could function similarly to Pac-Man's Fire Hydrant, where the player drops them directly beneath themselves onto any opponents beneath them. The moveset potential is all there. Just depends on how creative you can get with it.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Having a R.O.B labo skin could be a nice nod to cardboard design.

Mii can also have a skin or a redesign with Labo moves.

And a Labo character could always incorporate moves from 1, 2 Switch, which is a game based on the controller rather than a console interface.

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
I don't think Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo Switch is going to be a port. I do however think it's going to retain all the characters from the last game in order to keep the line of amiibo relevant and because the last one was so shortly ago.

I believe the characters themselves and their assets will be ported, but updated accordingly. Such as moves and designs from recent games as well as custom moves for DLC characters. No cuts.

With that being the criteria, I have very different predictions in mind than I would normally.

Returns
  1. Ice Climbers
  2. Pichu
  3. Wolf
Newcomers
  1. Inkling
  2. Spring Man
  3. Ribbon Girl
  4. Elma
  5. Rex & Pyra
  6. Decidueye
  7. Pokemon Switch Character
  8. Fire Emblem Switch Character
  9. Pikmin Switch Character
  10. Rhythm Heaven Troupe
  11. Balloon Fighter
  12. Samurai Goroh
  13. Dixie Kong
  14. Pauline
  15. Paper Mario
  16. Miles "Tails" Prower
  17. Knuckles The Echidna
  18. Shadow The Hedgehog
  19. Bomberman
  20. Terra Bradford
Under normal circumstances, I would not consider Elma, Bomberman, Paper Mario, a Donkey Kong, F-Zero, or Sonic character likely.

Here's how Balloon Fighter could actually work.

Balloon Fighter is an aerial fighter. He has three balloons that keep him in the air as long as he wants and let him easily fly around. However, you can pop these balloons, making him susceptible to gravity and easier to KO. He's not a good jumper.

In order to regain his Balloons, Balloon Fighter must use his Neutral B Special (Balloon Pump) to make more balloons. If he pumps it too hard though, the explosion can be used as an attack.

There many possibilities at his disposal. Bumpers, a parachute, lightning, bubbles, a fish, etc.
I think this is a pretty solid newcomer list for the next Smash game. The only thing I would add would be Bandanna Dee.

WiFi

Smash Journeyman
I miss my Icies from Brawl, they were my one true main in Brawl. Lasted through its entire lifespan. First character I ever played in Smash, so they have a special place in my heart. The Switch certainly has the capabilities to run the Ice Climbers in Smash, so why not? The Ice Climbers were more of a Smash Bros character by the end of Brawl than they were known for their own game. While RosaLuma kind of took their place, they are still unique for their moveset. I dunno, what chance do you think that the Icies will get back into Smash? I would go main them in a heartbeat.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
I miss my Icies from Brawl, they were my one true main in Brawl. Lasted through its entire lifespan. First character I ever played in Smash, so they have a special place in my heart. The Switch certainly has the capabilities to run the Ice Climbers in Smash, so why not? The Ice Climbers were more of a Smash Bros character by the end of Brawl than they were known for their own game. While RosaLuma kind of took their place, they are still unique for their moveset. I dunno, what chance do you think that the Icies will get back into Smash? I would go main them in a heartbeat.
They deliberately said that the Ice Climbers were supposed to be included in Smash 4, but ultimately could not because the 3DS could not handle their gimmick, which is also the reason :4zelda::4sheik: and :4samus::4zss: separated, and why :4charizard: is a standalone character. With all that said, I imagine the Ice Climbers will be high on the priority list for Smash 5, and I can see Zelda/Sheik and Samus/Zero Suit Samus refusing. Charizard probably will still be a standalone character, as :pt: was a super-flawed concept and probably has no hope for the future.
There's no way Pichu is coming back.
:pichumelee: returning, like all clones, depends on weather or not they have the necessary spare development time after the "base roster" of Smash 5 is done to add in clones. I imagine Pichu will definitely be lower on the clone priority list, but I can see her making the return. She was a joke character and that's really all there is to it; some say why bring her back, while others say why not bring her back.

Ultimately, it's up to the devs if they want to reinclude Pichu, and that's if they have the development time to do so in the first place. Unlikely, but if being a Nintendo fan has taught me one thing, it's "never say never".

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
They deliberately said that the Ice Climbers were supposed to be included in Smash 4, but ultimately could not because the 3DS could not handle their gimmick, which is also the reason :4zelda::4sheik: and :4samus::4zss: separated, and why :4charizard: is a standalone character. With all that said, I imagine the Ice Climbers will be high on the priority list for Smash 5, and I can see Zelda/Sheik and Samus/Zero Suit Samus refusing. Charizard probably will still be a standalone character, as :pt: was a super-flawed concept and probably has no hope for the future.
Doubt they're going to "re-fuse". Keep in mind that Sakurai also commented on the balance aspect to. He is aware that separating them overall made them far more playable and better.

Unfortunately, Pokemon Trainer is probably not coming back, as the transformation stuff is basically severely unbalanced, enough to keep it gone for good. Of course, a revamped Trainer that calls upon Pokemon to attack akin to how you would use a Pokeball might be more possible, like a proper Summoner moveset.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
The only thing that kills it for me on that list of TheLastJinjo TheLastJinjo 's is that there's no Snake but there is Bomberman. I highly doubt they would go through the **** of talking to Konami to get Bomberman and not get Snake back alongside him. Seems pointless to not bring back an already finished, easily ported, veteran when you're going to have to go through negotiations with his parent company to get someone else anyways.

D

Deleted member

Unfortunately, Pokemon Trainer is probably not coming back, as the transformation stuff is basically severely unbalanced, enough to keep it gone for good. Of course, a revamped Trainer that calls upon Pokemon to attack akin to how you would use a Pokeball might be more possible, like a proper Summoner moveset.
I'd sooner expect Pokémon Trainer to return as he was and put Charizard back in the line-up than that, to be frank.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'd sooner expect Pokémon Trainer to return as he was and put Charizard back in the line-up than that, to be frank.
Eh, it's the only realistic idea that's possible at this point, as transformations have little chance to come back.

But I do agree it doesn't have a good chance of happening either. He wouldn't just abandon his core idea for the character(he's never completely taken away a character's moveset at any time. It's the reason clones are still clones and just modified while still fitting their core moveset). Albeit, if it was a completely different Trainer(I.E. Based upon May instead of basically Red/Ash), then the chances slightly rise.

Mind you, I expect Pichu to come back well before Pokemon Trainer due to how easy it is to remake(never mind that giving it a more proper gimmick and hidden depths would increase its popularity). On another note, you mentioned Blastoise way earlier. Did he mention Venusaur too? I could see possibly either of the two making it in as playable at some point(although I wouldn't feel it's likely, as that's a lot of Pokemon to add as is, and he's also trying to add new stuff, not just old. It's part of why I wasn't surprised at all that with Pokemon Trainer scrapped, only Charizard returned. He can't dedicate that many roster spots to Pokemon without overbloating the series. He still tries to make a reasonable limit for each series(or franchise if you want to use that term. You get the idea).

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Doubt they're going to "re-fuse". Keep in mind that Sakurai also commented on the balance aspect to. He is aware that separating them overall made them far more playable and better.

The thing is the transformations is what made Zelda and Sheik unique. If you remove a character's gimmick, then what's the point of keeping them?

That said, there is certainly a solution, which could also be done to improve The Legend of Zelda representation.:4link::4zelda: could be revamped to their The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild incarnations, which would address the issues with Zelda's moveset.:4tlink: can be kept for those who liked the original moveset, and Toon Zelda could be introduced for those who liked the old Zelda moveset as well (and makes sense considering Phantom Slash). Only issue would be :4ganondorf: as he has no real design from The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, but he could probably be replaced with Ganon. Meanwhile, Black Shadow could be introduced who would have Ganondorf's old moveset. :4sheik: could be cut entirely for all I care; never played as her and I find her moveset really wonky and inaccessible. At most, her moveset could be given to Impa.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Eh, it's the only realistic idea that's possible at this point, as transformations have little chance to come back.

But I do agree it doesn't have a good chance of happening either. He wouldn't just abandon his core idea for the character(he's never completely taken away a character's moveset at any time. It's the reason clones are still clones and just modified while still fitting their core moveset). Albeit, if it was a completely different Trainer(I.E. Based upon May instead of basically Red/Ash), then the chances slightly rise.

Mind you, I expect Pichu to come back well before Pokemon Trainer due to how easy it is. On another note, you mentioned Blastoise way earlier. Did he mention Venusaur too? I could see possibly either of the two making it in as playable at some point(although I wouldn't feel it's likely, as that's a lot of Pokemon to add as is, and he's also trying to add new stuff, not just old. It's part of why I wasn't surprised at all that with Pokemon Trainer scrapped, only Charizard returned. He can't dedicate that many roster spots to Pokemon without overbloating the series. He still tries to make a reasonable limit for each series(or franchise if you want to use that term. You get the idea).
Venusaur was never namedropped like Blastoise, so I think whichever form the Bulbasaur line used was dependent on whichever form was used for the Squirtle line since I don't think there was any question about Charizard.

Last edited by a moderator:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The thing is the transformations is what made Zelda and Sheik unique. If you remove a character's gimmick, then what's the point of keeping them?
People played as them separately almost all the time and didn't care about the gimmick anyway. It's why, unlike Ice Climbers, dropping it made no difference.

That said, there is certainly a solution.:4link::4zelda: could be revamped to their The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild incarnations, which would address the issues with Zelda's moveset.:4tlink: can be kept for those who liked the original moveset, and Toon Zelda could be introduced for those who liked the old Zelda moveset as well (and makes sense considering Phantom Slash). Only issue would be :4ganondorf: as he has no real design from The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, but he could probably be replaced with Ganon. Meanwhile, Black Shadow could be introduced who would have Ganondorf's old moveset. :4sheik: could be cut entirely for all I care; never played as her and I find her moveset really wonky and inaccessible. At most, her moveset could be given to Impa.
Absolutely not to killing Ganondorf's moveset. Never mind removing him. That's just a hard no. Black Shadow is not Ganondorf. Ganondorf already has a moveset that befits his personality perfectly. We don't know how Black Shadow could even fight, realistically.

There is no reason to cut Sheik. She's too popular and has a unique moveset. Gimmicks don't keep a character in alone. There's no real reason for any of these revamps in itself. What Zelda needs is buffs, not some BOTW change. It doesn't really make sense to split the designs even further just because a good game came out. Impa is beyond different from Sheik anyway, only being remotely like her in a single game. There's absolutely no good reason to move the movesets over at this point. Ganon and Impa can get in on their own merits(neither of which have a strong chance anyway), as they have extremely unique things to give them.

For Zelda, the best thing to do is work on her moveset first. Without completely revamping it. She needs better range and speed. Her Rapier from TP and HW could benefit her way more than anything else at this point.

Venusaur was never namedropped like Blastoise, so I think whichever form the Bulbasaur line used was dependent on whichever form was used for the Squirtle line since I don't think there was any question about Charizard.
Huh. Would explain why Squirtle got in instead of Bulbasaur, due to immense anime popularity(I wish it had the shades for one of its costumes). Leaves Ivysaur as the last one. Not surprised, though. Charizard and Blastoise are vastly more popular than Venusaur anyway.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
The only thing that kills it for me on that list of TheLastJinjo TheLastJinjo 's is that there's no Snake but there is Bomberman. I highly doubt they would go through the **** of talking to Konami to get Bomberman and not get Snake back alongside him. Seems pointless to not bring back an already finished, easily ported, veteran when you're going to have to go through negotiations with his parent company to get someone else anyways.
I think licensing is a little more complicated than that.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
His point is that Nintendo would at least ask for it, not that they would necessarily add him.
I just think it's pointless for us to speculate which characters a company would allow and which ones they wouldn't and in what arbitrary order.

I may be wrong, but I remember licensing issues being a problem when trying to get Snake in Smash for Wii U & 3DS.

A company can say no to whatever character for whatever reason. It's not a matter of "This character would definitely get in before that one." Otherwise we probably would have had Simon Belmont in Brawl.

Bomberman is a totally different character with a much different background than Snake. So there's reasons they may ask for him instead just like any other character. Snake was only added because Kojima begged for his inclusion.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Melee::drmario:

Brawl: Lol, Dr. Mario is never coming back, he's a stupid clone of Mario that nobody wants in the game.

Smash 4: :4drmario:
The difference is that Dr. Mario had unused Brawl data while Pichu didn't, meaning Doc coming back was always possible.

Last edited:

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Dr. Mario was popular. Pichu wasn't nearly as popular.

Dr. Mario has the same hurtbox as Mario. Pichu is a different size from Pikachu.

Dr. Mario is cool (even though he should just be a costume). Pichu isn't cool.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Melee::drmario:

Brawl: Lol, Dr. Mario is never coming back, he's a stupid clone of Mario that nobody wants in the game.

Smash 4: :4drmario:
Dr. Mario was at least intended to return for Brawl if time allowed while Pichu was one of two characters that weren't meant to return at all, the other being Young Link.

EDIT: Ninja'd.

Last edited by a moderator:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I just think it's pointless for us to speculate which characters a company would allow and which ones they wouldn't and in what arbitrary order.
Then why speculate at all? Who's to say Nintendo wouldn't block a character from making it in from their own franchise? Or The Pokemon Company? Or Intelligent Systems? Or Monolithsoft? See my point? Half of all Speculation is based around rights and licensing.
I may be wrong, but I remember licensing issues being a problem when trying to get Snake in Smash for Wii U & 3DS.
You could be very much right. We don't know. There was never a reason given for Snake's exclusion. The likeliest reason was because of the major shake up going on at Konami, which was likely happening throughout Smash 4's development. It's not obvious whether either side ever communicated with the other. And it's not like Snake was completely shy from Nintendo at the time. Snake Eater 3D came out in 2012. Which I believe is around the time Smash 4's roster was being finalized.
A company can say no to whatever character for whatever reason. It's not a matter of "This character would definitely get in before that one." Otherwise we probably would have had Simon Belmont in Brawl.
Usually I would agree but I feel it's different circumstances when it comes to a veteran. Snake has a moveset, has code, has a stage, has a legacy that can be moved with less work than it would take to make a whole new character. Why wouldn't you take advantage of that if it were a possibility? And Snake and Sonic were asked to be added into Melee by their respective companies, the concept of 3rd Party Fighters may have not been a blip on the radar before then. Simon Belmont not making it in Brawl before Snake is obvious when you take in the knowledge that we know now. As much as I would love hime.
Bomberman is a totally different character with a much different background than Snake. So there's reasons they may ask for him instead just like any other character. Snake was only added because Kojima begged for his inclusion.
Again, if you already have code and a fanbase and all that stuff surrounding a character already, why would you aim solely for the newcomer? I'm not saying we'd definitely get both but I feel like it's more likely we get Snake before we get Bomberman. As much as I love Bomberman, he's fallen from grace a bit and his Switch Exclusive was barely even noticed having to go up against Breath of the Wild.

My whole point is: if Konami was privy to adding Bomberman then why wouldn't they be privy to adding Snake as well? And why wouldn't Nintendo or whoever's developing the game not take the chance to get both? The logical thing to do is at least try to get both and if Konami allowed one it's likely they would allow the other. Especially considering he's a veteran.

IronTed

Smash Ace
Bomberman getting into Smash 5 but not Snake would be pretty wild. But does Konami even care enough to want to be in Smash? How was their attitude a few years ago?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Throwing all likelihood out the window, you know who I'd want from Konami?

Frogger.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Throwing all likelihood out the window, you know who I'd want from Konami?

Frogger.
Only if one of his costumes resembles the Frog Suit, and... I can't remember which one it was from the MegaMan series that was clearly a frog. I don't think it was Frog Man, though.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
I actually really like this idea. Miis tie in well with the build-it-yourself aspect of Labo, and a builder moveset in Smash offers a wide array of possibilities. The robot could be an FS with the Mii piloting it from the background wearing the cardboard mech.

I can't exactly see KI getting another rep just yet, especially not now the series is dormant. Hopefully someone picks it up for a switch KI game because the gameplay was wonderful.

Well there's nothing to say we couldn't get a Gen 7 and a Gen 8. We've always (technically) gotten 2 Pokemon newcomers each game, whether some of them be clones or 3-in-1s or 1 from that 3-in-1, so it's not that unusual. They've also now explored DLC, so they could potentially hold off on Gen 8 to see who's most popular.
I’ll be honest, I’d take a port of KI: Uprising on Switch in a second.

I really think that game would get a lot more attention in its multiplayer on a home console.

FantasticMr.StarPit

Smash Journeyman
I’ll be honest, I’d take a port of KI: Uprising on Switch in a second.

I really think that game would get a lot more attention in its multiplayer on a home console.
I couldn't agree with you more. Imagine playing the game with a good controller? Anyways, the game sold at 1.18 million units as of April 2013, though it doesn't seem like enough, is it? I have no idea. But it's one those situations where Nintendo doesn't seem to have interest with the KI Ip, unless Sakurai is involved; Sakurai or not, I feel the port may not happen at all, but anyone can dream.

Rosalinatehplumber

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mariotrains
Switch FC
2537-5587-9586
I have a different view on why Snake didn't come back. But, it might get people railed up.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I have a different view on why Snake didn't come back. But, it might get people railed up.
That he didn't fit? I doubt that, considering that that is the whole point of Smash. Snake fits a lot better with Samus than Mario does.

D

Deleted member

Then why speculate at all? Who's to say Nintendo wouldn't block a character from making it in from their own franchise? Or The Pokemon Company? Or Intelligent Systems? Or Monolithsoft? See my point? Half of all Speculation is based around rights and licensing.

You could be very much right. We don't know. There was never a reason given for Snake's exclusion. The likeliest reason was because of the major shake up going on at Konami, which was likely happening throughout Smash 4's development. It's not obvious whether either side ever communicated with the other. And it's not like Snake was completely shy from Nintendo at the time. Snake Eater 3D came out in 2012. Which I believe is around the time Smash 4's roster was being finalized.

Usually I would agree but I feel it's different circumstances when it comes to a veteran. Snake has a moveset, has code, has a stage, has a legacy that can be moved with less work than it would take to make a whole new character. Why wouldn't you take advantage of that if it were a possibility? And Snake and Sonic were asked to be added into Melee by their respective companies, the concept of 3rd Party Fighters may have not been a blip on the radar before then. Simon Belmont not making it in Brawl before Snake is obvious when you take in the knowledge that we know now. As much as I would love hime.

Again, if you already have code and a fanbase and all that stuff surrounding a character already, why would you aim solely for the newcomer? I'm not saying we'd definitely get both but I feel like it's more likely we get Snake before we get Bomberman. As much as I love Bomberman, he's fallen from grace a bit and his Switch Exclusive was barely even noticed having to go up against Breath of the Wild.

My whole point is: if Konami was privy to adding Bomberman then why wouldn't they be privy to adding Snake as well? And why wouldn't Nintendo or whoever's developing the game not take the chance to get both? The logical thing to do is at least try to get both and if Konami allowed one it's likely they would allow the other. Especially considering he's a veteran.
Considering Mewtwo had to be recreated from scratch for Smash 4 because of the wide gap between Melee and Smash 4, Snake's Brawl data may not exactly be useable for a hypothetical Smash 5. Just saying.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Considering Mewtwo had to be recreated from scratch for Smash 4 because of the wide gap between Melee and Smash 4, Snake's Brawl data may not exactly be useable for a hypothetical Smash 5. Just saying.
That's a good point. Mind you, I don't think that does much to affect his chances in getting in. Maybe he could be DLC instead of base roster, but that also depends on how easily Konami plays ball. If they take too long, DLC would be the best move. It being a Mewtwo situation isn't too hard to believe at this point.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I'd say that's because of the wildly different architecture between the Gamecube and the Wii U, which I wouldn't think is much of a problem between Wii and Switch, though that's just speculation. And if it turns out to be a port then that just helps my case. Probably.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'd say that's because of the wildly different architecture between the Gamecube and the Wii U, which I wouldn't think is much of a problem between Wii U and Switch, though that's just speculation. And if it turns out to be a port then that just helps my case. Probably.
Between the Wii and the Switch.
Not the Wii U.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom