• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sdpdude9

Smash Apprentice
I can't see any echoes besides these. I don't think all of these will make it but I don't think any other echoes have a chance.

Impa (Sheik)
Dixie Kong (Diddy/DK)
Black Shadow (Capt. Falcon/Ganondorf)
Ninten (Ness)
Isabelle (Villager)
Shadow (Sonic)
Mrs. Pac-man (Pac-Man)
Ken (Ryu)

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I'm surprised "Mushroom" status isn't a new selectable option.
Now that you mention that, that is quite odd.
*Takes a look at Wii U's special Smash*
Oh, they didn't bother to update this mode at all. (Other than making stamina part of the regular rules now) Guess that explains a lot...

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Nice to see echo fever is back.

(I'm not specifically talking about anyone, but it's nice.)

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Disclaimer: I never played Banjo-Kazooie. But at a glance, wouldn't they be too similar to Duck Hunt Dog, unless they were created as an Echo?
Way too different. With Duck Hunt, the Duck is basically a weapon while with Banjo and Kazooie, she's almost the equivalent of Iron Man's suit because she does most of the work. Banjo has literally only two attacks that he can do on his own when they're together: a paw swipe and a roll. Kazooie does everything else attack wise and is the primary means of movement.

Green_Pikmin*

Smash Journeyman
We don't need any leakers, I think yesterday's Direct essentially confirmed that we're getting Isabelle and Shadow as echoes.

Also, at this point I wouldn't even be surprised if we see Porky.
Tbh i could see Porky being a boss enemy (like back in Brawl) in whatever mode that featured Rathalos from Monster Hunter.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
We still haven't seen events yet. I wonder what events would exist if we got them. I can't really think of any on my own right now.
I've got some ideas..

Rivals Royale: Beat Nintendo's greatest rivals in a free-for-all.
Player: Any
Opponents: Bowser, King K. Rool, Ganondorf, Ridley, King Dedede, and Wolf

There's Too Many: Beat the entire Fire Emblem cast in a 1 vs. 7 match.
Opponents: A team consisting of Marth, Lucina, Roy, Chrom, Ike, Robin, and Corrin

Attack of the Clones: Beat the cast of Echo fighters.
Opponents: Daisy, Dark Pit, Lucina, Richter, Chrom, Dark Samus, and Shadow (I'm cheating, but we know he's coming)

A Space Odyssey: Team up with the Star Fox team to take down Ridley, Dark Samus, and Wolf.
Player: Samus
Opponents: A team consisting of Ridley, Dark Samus, and Wolf

New Kids on the Block: Show these new kids who was here first.
Player: Ness
Opponents: Young Link, Lucas, Toon Link, Bowser Jr., and Inkling

Brains over Brawn: Show these meatheads that your mind is your greatest weapon.
Player: Mewtwo
Opponents: Captain Falcon, Snake, Ike, Little Mac, Ryu, and Simon

Horde Encounter: Looks like that Honey really did the trick.
Player: Pokemon Trainer
Opponents: A team consisting of four Pikachu and one Pichu.

Zeox

Smash Champion
Tbh i could see Porky being a boss enemy (like back in Brawl) in whatever mode that featured Rathalos from Monster Hunter.
I would prefer him as a playable character but honestly, I wouldn't even be mad, in fact I would be pretty ok with him being a boss again.
Having him as a boss is better than nothing at all... and is much better than a boring stage hazard.

BeardyBennett

Smash Apprentice
We still haven't seen events yet. I wonder what events would exist if we got them. I can't really think of any on my own right now.
"Arr matey"

"It's time to find out who's the best pirate on the high seas or in space."

You play as Toon Link and fight K. Rool and Ridley on a Pirate Ship and Lylat Cruise morph stage.

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
I have an event idea

A Meeting In Magicant
Player: Lucas
Opponents: Ness, Ninten
Stage: Magicant

Last edited:

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Not even close.
I wouldn't say not even close, I get that there's a LOT that Banjo and Kazooie can do that Duck Hunt cannot, but there are easy comparisons. Both are mammals with a bird on their backs, and we know B/K would have some attacks that involve said bird pecking forward. One is easily the poor-man's-version of the other.

D

Deleted member

I have an event idea

A Meeting In Magicant
Player: Ness
Opponents: Lucas, Ninten
Stage: Magicant
I don't think Ninten is happening, but if anything, I think Lucas vs Ness and Ninten is more fitting since Lucas never visited Magicant unlike Ness and Ninten.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
So do you think K. Rool's pirate look is an alt or is it just something he does when he brings out his gun?

Have we seen him use the gun without that look?

BeardyBennett

Smash Apprentice
Another event idea:

"Fetch!"

"Let's see which dog is all bark, and which ones are all bite"

Play as Wolf or Duck Hunt against 3 Duck Hunts and 3 Wolfs on Living Room. You must KO your opponents using Smash Balls, watch out for fakes!

D

Deleted member

So do you think K. Rool's pirate look is an alt or is it just something he does when he brings out his gun?

He puts on the hat when he fires the Blunderbuss.

D

Deleted member

I think it's exclusive to his Blunderbuss move, since he only has the Kaptain hat rather than the full outfit.
Shame since I would've liked it to be an alt.

Last edited by a moderator:

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Speaking of the website, the Japanese and Korean sides somehow don't have the update for K. Rool, let alone a Memories entry. I have no idea what the staffers are even doing at this point.

Now that Third-party echoes are possible, getting Blaze in is a bit likelier than before, so I'd be okay with her being an Echo of Sonic with some Zelda attacks repurposed for her fire abilities.
While I'd love to have Blaze, even as an echo, She'd be semi clone at the very least because:

She's capable of Pyrokinesis which extends her abilities to:
(hover, flight, flame teleportation, Chaos Control, shooting flame pillars from the ground, shooting fireballs, shooting herself as a fireball, constructing objects out of pure flames such as swords, can emit flames on any part of her body, even her Super form can do things Sonic's and Shadow's own can't)

Her combat style is different than Sonic's, and Shadow's (Sonic has a breakdance combat style, Blaze's combat style is more graceful, similar to Ballet)

Also unlike Sonic and Shadow, Blaze spins horizontally (similar to pirouettes in ballet) instead of vertically while forming a fire tornado, unlike Sonic and Shadow, kicking while she spins.

To be fair, some of the Assist Trophies likely wouldn't do any better than that. And when you look at Ashley's fate, you do have to wonder what will happen to Isabelle and Skull Kid.

The main reason why Dark Samus got the playable promotion is due to it strongly resembling Samus, along with the fact that its debut title is named Metroid Prime 2: Echoes.

Lastly, I would find it very criminal if Shadow got the playable treatment, while Tails does not.
I'm just hoping Isabelle makes it through, we already lost Ashley, and that was painful enough. There's a good chance Isabelle will make it, but there's also a good chance she be the next victim of the AT Massacre I don't to lose anymore wanted characters to AT's despite knowing how likely it is.

Pakky

Smash Hero

I think he'll get his alts seems kinda of a shame if he doesn't.

Though we have him so I kinda don't care.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
After this direct I feel the number of characters is going to be bigger than I expected that are actual newcomers as well as there being more echo fighters so here are my updated character predictions.

Newcomers:
1. Inkling
2. Ridley
3. Simon
4. King K. Rool
5. Incineroar
6. Isaac
7. Chorus Kids
8. Geno
9. Elma
10. Bandanna Dee
11. Banjo Kazooie

Echoes:
1. Daisy
2. Richter
3. Chrom
4. Dark Samus
5. Shadow
6. Dixie Kong
7. Black Shadow
8. Ken
9. Isabelle
10. Impa

There could even be more echoes tbh but these are the obvious ones that come to mind

I think we have 2 more smash directs or 1 huge direct combined with about 1-2 individual trailer drops or attachments to normal nintendo directs.

In sept. I expect a character trailer containing 2 newcomers (Incineroar, Elma)

In early oct. we get a big direct going over the single player stuff, 3 more echoes and revealing with 2 trailers 2 new characters (Isaac, Geno)

late nov. we get a smaller direct just going over the remaining characters we get 2 more trailers and the 3 final newcomers revealed along with 3 more echo fighters ( Chorus Kids, Bandanna Dee, Banjo Kazooie)

Number of stages will obviously increase, a new Rhythm Heaven, Golden Sun, Super Mario RPG, Minecraft and Banjo Kazooie stage will be in there at least.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Sonic can have two new reps. It more than any series should've been the first to get multiple third party reps from one series.

I think Tails as semi-unique and Shadow as echo would be for the best.
Three playable reps, two stages, and one AT character...definitely fair for a veteran 3rd party series

Mutsukki

Smash Ace

If you see his character trailer, he takes off the hat right after using this move, so it's definitely not an alt

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
I forgot I posted this...

Here’s something fun to try:

Add one, promote one, and rosterblock one. (Add a newcomer, promote an AT, pokeball, boss, item, hazard, game element, trophy), and deny a roster addition to an unconfirmed newcomer.

Add one: Elma
Promote one: Takamaru
Rosterblock one: Ashley
Add K. Rool
Promote Dark Samus
Block anymore 3rd parties
Two outta three...

osby

Smash Obsessed
I think he'll get his alts seems kinda of a shame if he doesn't.

Though we have him so I kinda don't care.
He uses his crown for one attack, right? It makes sense he doesn't have his hat as an alt.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Honestly... i starting to think that even if we don't get subspace emissary back in the scope that subspace emissary was... we may be seeing teh return of rayquaza, porky, and even Dyna Blade (Ridley XD)...

I mean, sakurai must be happy with teh inclusion of Ridley, now people are starting to like his boss ideas he loves so much!

D

Deleted member

He uses his crown for one attack, right? It makes sense he doesn't have his hat as an alt.
What are you talking about? If we got Baron K. Roolenstein, it would totally make sense for him to throw a wig that boomerangs and does just as much damage as a crown.

Taco Cruise

Smash Journeyman
Are there any alive leaks besides Vergeben, Loz, and Toby Leaker? I missed like 50 pages of discussion and am at work so can't go through it all

thank you kindly

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
This makes Peach, Daisy, and K. Rool royals who really don't care about bashing people's skulls in with their headgear.

Never thought the Mario princesses would have something in common with K. Rool.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I just realized something.

Richter almost definitely seems to be voiced by David Vincent, who has been voicing him since the Dracula X Chronicles.

Vincent is also the voice of Male Robin.

Vincent vs. Vincent, let's GOOOO.

D

Deleted member

I just realized something.

Richter almost definitely seems to be voiced by David Vincent, who has been voicing him since the Dracula X Chronicles.

Vincent is also the voice of Male Robin.

Vincent vs. Vincent, let's GOOOO.
We need another Matt Mercer to balance this out. Throw Leon Kennedy in there.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'm suspecting the Minecraft stage leak will wind up being true but the Microsoft "rep" will end up being Banjo based on several factors:

-It's the 20th anniversary of the franchise and Microsoft has been celebrating it with cameos all over the place.

-Banjo's situation is eerily similar to Sonic's and Snake's after Melee and MegaMan after Brawl. All four companies had reps come out and say they wanted their character in Smash but either 1. were waiting on Nintendo or 2. reached out too late to have them added. Banjo currently falls under #1.

-Nintendo seems really intent on covering Nintendo's history with this game and, hard feelings aside, RARE was a big part of the picture from 1994-2002, arguably saving the N64 from being a total commercial flop.

-Nintendo and Microsoft have really been pushing cross platform support and this would prove to be even more proof of that.

-Aside from Geno, seems to be one of the last major Ballot contenders not in the game in some form already. It's kind of nuts that, according to a lot of straw polls, 8 characters who regularly were on top ten lists (Bayo, Inkling, Ice Climbers, Snake, Wolf, Ridley, Shovel Knight, and K. Rool) are already confirmed.

Pakky

Smash Hero
What are you talking about? If we got Baron K. Roolenstein, it would totally make sense for him to throw a wig that boomerangs and does just as much damage as a crown.
I mean all Kostumes have head gear

Kaptain- hat

Baron- Head Mirror

Aviator- hat

Krusha- also has a crown

So eh It could make sense seeing as costumes are a part of his character but it not being there doesn't bother me.

Last edited:

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
Black Shadow (Capt. Falcon/Ganondorf)
If Black Shadow gets in as an echo of Capt. while Ganondorf still has a lot of elements cloned from Capt., Ganon fans are gonna be pissed they didn't give Ganon a whole new moveset

Last edited:

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Forget Ganondorf, I feel that way now with Dark Samus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom