• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sdpdude9

Smash Apprentice
If Black Shadow gets in as an echo of Capt. while Ganondorf still has a lot of elements cloned from Capt. Ganon fans are gonna be pissed they didn't give Ganon a whole new moveset
He's one of, if not the least likely echo from that list imo.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
Forget Ganondorf, I feel that way now with Dark Samus.
Dark Samus is understandable I doubt she'd even get in if not for being an echo.

But if they were going to go to the effort of making an echo for Falcon, the multitudes pissed about the state of Ganondorf suddenly got a lot more genuine gripes.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Theory: October 8th Smash Direct. Octoling echo fighter reveal.

Skull Kid & Geno for halloween theme.

Maybe a Giegue echo comprised of mewtwo, ness and lucas.

Last edited:

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Loz said he thinks Skull Kid is in and doesn't personally think the Gen7 mon is Incineroar.

That's it really.

The oddest thing about Skull Kid is the Moon though being an AT.
I don’t wanna get my hopes up after Ashely, but the fact that the Moon is now an AT and Skull Kid has not yet been revealed as one, plus the fact that he got a Mii Costume (like K Rool, Inklings, Daisy, and Chrom), and now this claim...

Well I’m cautiously hyped.

Also give me Buzzwole as Gen 7 Rep or give me death

I can't see any echoes besides these. I don't think all of these will make it but I don't think any other echoes have a chance.

Impa (Sheik)
Dixie Kong (Diddy/DK)
Black Shadow (Capt. Falcon/Ganondorf)
Ninten (Ness)
Isabelle (Villager)
Shadow (Sonic)
Mrs. Pac-man (Pac-Man)
Ken (Ryu)
Honestly, with Sakurai dropping 3 echoes in one direct I wouldn’t be surprised if all these characters were echoes.

Right now my money is on Ken, Shadow, Ms. Pacman, Impa, Isabelle, Dixie (with a different up-B like Chrom), and Octolings

Black Shadow and Ninten maybe less likely, but I’d love for each franchise to get another rep

Last edited:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
So... can I hold out hope for a Slippy echo fighter?
As badly as I want Slippy, his body doesn't match up with any of the existing Star Fox cast. Or really any of the characters on the roster.

Best he has going for him is his recent appearance in Star Fox Zero, being the lead in the recent Star Fox Guard spin-off, and Krystal being an Assist Trophy. Still doesn't make him too likely, unfortunately.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
You know what intrigues me? The fact that you can specify echoes separately from other characters...and what that means for the rest of our modes.

Will the echoes also have their own classic path?
Will we need to run the echoes through classic to get their trophies individually, or do they unlock both at once? That question can also be given to the Pokémon Trainer (in Brawl he had to go through three times to get each trophy, but Zelda only needed once to get hers and Sheik's) and the Mii fighters.
Will the Mii fighters actually be treated as characters this time and not afterthoughts?

And if all of the characters have to be fought individually in All-star, including separate Pokémon, Miis, and Echoes, that brings us to 73 opponents in All-Star. So far.

I CAN'T WAIT TO FIGHT THEM ALL!!!! It's gonna take HOURS to get through with every character, and I'm gonna love every second!

NextChannelGames

Smash Journeyman
Uh guys... Toby is probably real

Looking back over a month ago he also commented on an assist trophy/item leak that said Mimyku is a pokeball pokemon and Ashley remains as an assist..

https://i.redditmedia.com/XuF5ieYQs...png?w=1024&s=8268dad541b00504b0ca2bb7ad815fe9 (the original toby chain leaks, can't save the picture for some reason so please follow the link)

View attachment 156618
Oh yea, I wonder if Rayman will be in... He would be the first Western 3rd Party character to be playable.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

Looking back over a month ago he also commented on an assist trophy/item leak that said Mimyku is a pokeball pokemon and Ashley remains as an assist..

https://i.redditmedia.com/XuF5ieYQs...png?w=1024&s=8268dad541b00504b0ca2bb7ad815fe9 (the original toby chain leaks, can't save the picture for some reason so please follow the link)

View attachment 156618
Calling K. Rool, Simon, Chrom, and Damus isn't that impressive
K. Rool and Simon have been on wishlists for a while and are ultra safe guesses. Chrom has been speculated to be an echo for a while, albeit for Ike and not Roy (...whatever he is), and the Dark Samus costume for Samus was missing, I think anyone who looked into it that much also would have guessed Dark Samus would have been an echo. In fact, Sakurai even said "a lot of you probably saw this coming" for Damus and Chrom, lol.

NextChannelGames

Smash Journeyman
You know what intrigues me? The fact that you can specify echoes separately from other characters...and what that means for the rest of our modes.

Will the echoes also have their own classic path?
Will we need to run the echoes through classic to get their trophies individually, or do they unlock both at once? That question can also be given to the Pokémon Trainer (in Brawl he had to go through three times to get each trophy, but Zelda only needed once to get hers and Sheik's) and the Mii fighters.
Will the Mii fighters actually be treated as characters this time and not afterthoughts?

And if all of the characters have to be fought individually in All-star, including separate Pokémon, Miis, and Echoes, that brings us to 73 opponents in All-Star. So far.

I CAN'T WAIT TO FIGHT THEM ALL!!!! It's gonna take HOURS to get through with every character, and I'm gonna love every second!
I believe that will be the case

KMDP

Smash Legend
Do you guys think that the Smash Bros Roster is going to hit 80 Fighters? (Counting Echos and not DLC)
Abitrary number, counting all Newcomers and Echo Fighters, we'll get 87 characters (84 if you don't include Mii Fighters).

That way you can always have everyone take part in a 2-Player, 3-Player and 4-Player Smash Down without having to repeat characters (Mii Fighters are likely ineligible for Smash Down, they don't appear in the example roster).

Last edited:

Taco Cruise

Smash Journeyman
Calling K. Rool, Simon, Chrom, and Damus isn't that impressive
K. Rool and Simon have been on wishlists for a while and are ultra safe guesses. Chrom has been speculated to be an echo for a while, albeit for Ike and not Roy (...whatever he is), and the Dark Samus costume for Samus was missing, I think anyone who looked into it that much also would have guessed Dark Samus would have been an echo. In fact, Sakurai even said "a lot of you probably saw this coming" for Damus and Chrom, lol.
The combination of that plus Mimyku as a pokeball pokemon and Ashley remaining an assist is definitely worth keeping an eye on though, no?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
The fact Sakurai has went out of his way to add the big 3 so far. I'm like 95 percent certain on Geno.

I'm really skeptical of any roster that doesn't have Geno.

Though I could also see how maybe Square might not play ball, but they legit played ball on a Mii costume so I don't see why not.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Yo we getting skull kid though?
Maybe.

His assist trophy has yet to be shown, and the moon is now it's own trophy.

Meaning either he's going to be playable, reworked as an assist trophy, or removed.

Also there's apparently a leaker saying he's included.

Also he was a Mii costume much like Chrom and KKR. However so was Ashley.

Last edited:

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord

This doesn't do enough to convince me. Everyone he listed are characters that have been predicted/requested for yeaaaaaaaaars. There are "dream roster" lists that don't look much different to that. It's entirely possible that he could have just gotten lucky with his calls. Hell it's not even lucky anymore, it's painfully obvious Sakurai is basing his picks off of the poll results and fan favorites. With that in mind it shouldn't be as difficult to make a decently safe fake leak.

I'm not saying the dude is a fake leak outright, I'm just saying I'm unconvinced.

Last edited:

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
As of right now, how is everyone's Want Lists looking?

Wolf
Snake
Ice Climbers
King K. Rool
Dark Samus

Decidueye (or any decent 7th Genner)
Rex & Pyra
An ARMS character

It should be noted, I did want Chrom during SSB4...

KMDP

Smash Legend
The fact Sakurai has went out of his way to add the big 3 so far. I'm like 95 percent certain on Geno.

I'm really skeptical of any roster that doesn't have Geno.

Though I could also see how maybe Square might not play ball, but they legit played ball on a Mii costume so I don't see why not.
At this point I'd be skeptical of any roster that doesn't include Geno, Isaac and Shadow.

Geno and Isaac have been consistent, long time character requests, just like Ridley and K. Rool. Granted, their fanbases aren't as big, but I think Riddler and Fooly Kooly are special cases.

Shadow is such an obvious Sonic clone it's crazy. :laugh:

Taco Cruise

Smash Journeyman
This doesn't do enough to convince me. Everyone he listed are characters that have been predicted/requested for yeaaaaaaaaars. There are "dream roster" lists that don't look much different to that. It's entirely possible that he could have just gotten lucky with his calls. Hell it's not even lucky anymore, it's painfully obvious Sakurai is basing his picks off of the poll results and fan favorites. With that in mind it shouldn't be as difficult to make a decently safe fake leak.

I'm not saying the dude is a fake leak outright, I'm just saying I'm unconvinced.
If Black Shadow or Funky are revealed would it add credibility?

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
Theory: We're gonna to get smash directs on the 8th day of every month until the game's release.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
New game, list which newcomers and echoes you wanna see by number (again assuming base roster)!

68 - Bandana Waddle Dee
69 - Elma
69e - Fiora (possible DLC if they remove her from the Final Smash by patch, or base game if they’re like “**** it let’s make her the first newcomer echo to also be in someone else’s final smash, we’ve bent the rules before with Samus and that one MonHun boss/AT”)
70 - Rhythm Heaven rep
71 - Isabelle (assuming she’s unique)
72 - new Gen 7 Pokémon that isn’t Decidueye, Lycanroc or Mimikyu (either Incineroar or Buzzwole)
73 - Isaac
74 - 2nd Bamco Rep (Heihachi? Other TEKKEN character? KOS-MOS? Lloyd or Yuri would probably be DLC)
16e - Impa

Speaking of, should I revise my roster one last time and, moving Lloyd to the 3rd Bamco rep, make either Heihachi or KOS-MOS the 2nd Bamco Rep? The logical side of me is saying Heihachi cause he was in PSASBR and was considered for Smash 4

But the wish fulfillment side of me is saying KOS-MOS so it could be a Project X Zone 2 reunion of Chrom, Lucina, Fiora and KOS-MOS...

Last edited:

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
TBH? Not really for me. Again, that entire list is fan favorites who have been predicted/requested since the Brawl days. And now Sakurai is focusing on exactly those characters, the poll characters, the fan favorites. It's entirely possible (even if not probable) that he's simply lucky. There's no one he's predicted that, if revealed, would convince me without a doubt he has insider information. But if they're all revealed who am I to just call him a fake.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
How likely do you think Isaac is now?

D

Deleted member

Wolf
Snake
Ice Climbers
King K. Rool
Dark Samus

Rex & Pyra
An ARMS character

Ice Climbers
Snake
Wolf

Ridley
King K. Rool

Decidueye
Bandana Dee
Isaac
Rayman
Crash Bandicoot
Tails
Shovel Knight
Waluigi
Takamaru
Andross
Ashley
Alph

Confirmed newcomers are listed in order of confirmations. The others are in order of how much I want them.

Primal Cookie

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 2532 0420 7538

Wolf
Snake
Ice Climbers
King K. Rool
Dark Samus

Rex & Pyra
An ARMS character

Shovel Knight
Ashley

Bandana Dee
Rex & Pyra
Waluigi
Shadow
Bomberman
Magnus
Isaac

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
What if the newcomer trailer is a sequel to the belmont one? Geno saves Luigi
Still. Come on. Its Castlevania. The halloween franchise that has Frankenstein and the Wolfman running around. There's no better time to reveal Simon than in a Halloweeny Direct. So if they do do a Halloweeny direct, it would be a major missed opportunity imo.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
The combination of that plus Mimyku as a pokeball pokemon and Ashley remaining an assist is definitely worth keeping an eye on though, no?
I remember making people mad when I said Mimikyu felt better as a Pokeball so I had to back off that angle a little bit.
Ashley being an assist still isn't super out of left field or anything. Is it unheard of for an assist trophy to stay an assist trophy?

Not that either outcome is good for the fans of those character (not that I wasn't both a fan, and also okay with how they're represented now anyway), but is that really such an unlikely thought to have?

EDIT: Literally any of the other reveals would lend it more credibility. Lol.

Last edited:

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Yes, it would, but people in here would still say "lucky guess."

I think the Toby leak is probably legit. You don't get that much correct that many times through sheer coincidence imo.

If he missed Richtor then he may have also missed Shadow and Impa if they become a thing.

Geno is whatever. People in here act like he's Ridley or even K. Rool tier but I really don't agree.

Last edited:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Do we think Isabelle (who is in as far as I am concerned) is going to be an Echo or unique character?

So far, it seems the correct leaks have been on unique characters and not Echoes.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746

Wolf
Snake
Ice Climbers
King K. Rool
Dark Samus

Rex & Pyra
An ARMS character

My wishlist got executed....

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
New game, list which newcomers and echoes you wanna see by number (again assuming base roster)!

68 - Bandana Waddle Dee
69 - Elma
69e - Fiora (possible DLC if they remove her from the Final Smash by patch, or base game if they’re like “**** it let’s make her the first newcomer echo to also be in someone else’s final smash, we’ve bent the rules before with Samus and that one MonHun boss/AT”)
70 - Rhythm Heaven rep
71 - Isabelle (assuming she’s unique)
72 - new Gen 7 Pokémon that isn’t Decidueye, Lycanroc or Mimikyu (either Incineroar or Buzzwole)
73 - Isaac
74 - 2nd Bamco Rep (Heihachi? Other TEKKEN character? KOS-MOS? Lloyd or Yuri would probably be DLC)

Speaking of, should I revise my roster one last time and, moving Lloyd to the 3rd Bamco rep, make either Heihachi or KOS-MOS the 2nd Bamco Rep? The logical side of me is saying Heihachi cause he was in PSASBR and was considered for Smash 4

But the wish fulfillment side of me is saying KOS-MOS so it could be a Project X Zone 2 reunion of Chrom, Lucina, Fiora and KOS-MOS...
10e - Ninten
27e - Galatica Knight
38e - Shadow
45e - Isabelle
68 - Elma
69 - Geno
70 - Nihilego (or any other Ultra Beast)
71 - Heihachi
72 - Chorus Kids
73 - Ayumi Tachibana

Pakky

Smash Hero
People in here act like he's Ridley or even K. Rool tier but I really don't agree.
I agree with everything except for that.

If it wasn't for Sakurai's statement on him and the Mii costume,I'd agree but those exist so I can't.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Yes, it would, but people in here would still say "lucky guess."

I think the Toby leak is probably legit. You don't get that much correct that many times through sheer coincidence imo.

If he missed Richtor then he may have also missed Shadow and Impa if they become a thing.

Geno is whatever. People in here act like he's Ridley or even K. Rool tier but I really don't agree.
Toby is full if it. Everyone so far has been highly requested characters. His listed is bascially the same as everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom