• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MalcolmBelmont

Smash Journeyman
I am betting:

Newcomers: Incinerator, Skull Kid,???,Geno (not sure about the third charcter)

Echoes: Ken, Impa, Shadow, Isabelle,

I think this could end up being the order that they are revealed but i could be wrong

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
As of right now, how is everyone's Want Lists looking?

Wolf
Snake
Ice Climbers
King K. Rool
Dark Samus

Decidueye (or any decent 7th Genner)
Rex & Pyra
An ARMS character

It should be noted, I did want Chrom during SSB4...
Shovel Knight
Simon
Shantae
Rayman
Dixie Kong
Mona
Cpt. Syrup
Cranky Kong
Crash Bandicoot
Spyro

One casualty, one survivor. Not that bad so far, though K. Rool showing up compensated.

Because before Smash I had no idea who Isaac was and I think that's not uncommon.

And I'm one of the people that are actually invested enough in smash to really care about who that weird guy throwing a big *** golden hand is.
Also, both Isaac and Waluigi have been made by Camelot and are currently ATs...That doesn't paint a pretty picture.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Come to think of it, what happens if you stage morph on Mario Galaxy or Windy Hill to any stage with normal gravity?

Also, with Hanenbow switching to Shadow Moses Island, we can kind of recreate the LocoRoco stage from PlayStation All-Stars.
This video made me realize things. Thank you.

(NOT SO) CRACK THEORY TIME

Sakurai has previously gone on record saying that Heihachi was thought about for Sm4sh, but couldn't be properly implemented. The thing is though, is that he (somewhat) already has, in Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale. The Project Plan for Sm4sh was completed early 2012. Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale released November 2012.

So, when Sakurai is thinking about newcomers this time around, he thinks back to cut concepts and thinks of Heihachi. He now has source material for Heihachi in a platform fighter, which he can take from and improve upon.

I think Heihachi will be more likely than we think.

Last edited:

BrytonJ

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5522-4120-7832
Chibi-Robo - His chances are as good as ever! Which is to say bad and he probably isn't getting in.
Mimikyu - RIP. Glad he's in somehow although I figured if he wasn't a fighter he'd probably get in on Pokeballs though.
Shovel Knight - RIP again but in retrospect this is probably the only way he was getting in.
Captain Toad - RIP but also I guess there's a precedent for stage characters to still make it in as fighters. You'd think if they were gonna do that though they'd have just not put im in New Donk.
Crash - The last big third party nintnedo rival. Could still happen!
K. Rool - My longest yeah boy ever

Overall (including non character news) an amazing direct!!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Hey everybody, I'm back and it's time for another Guybrush20X6 crackpot theory!

So the direct confirmed they're going all in on echos, even to the point of giving some minor move differences (I guess Chrom's suicidal recovery is to stop him outshining Roy with his balanced blade) and that third parties are getting Echos with Richter.

So my random, circumstantial based theory is that all 3rd party companies will get three characters, with one series getting an echo.

So things look like this (new ones in bold)

Konami: Snake, Simon, Richter
Sega: Sonic, Bayonetta, Shadow
Capcom: Mega Man, Ryu, either Ken or Roll
Namco: Pac-Man, Hehatchi, either Ms. Pac-Man, Kazuya or Jin
Square Enix: Cloud, Zack, Geno

This way everyone gets in on the amiibo monies. And people like me enable them.

What do you think?

Antimatter042

Smash Apprentice

Wolf
Snake
Ice Climbers
King K. Rool
Dark Samus

Rex & Pyra
An ARMS character

Despite only one confirmed character, pretty decently I think:
  1. Rex & Pyra
  2. Wolf
  3. Bandana Waddle Dee
  4. Lycanroc
  5. Mimikyu
  6. Elma
I'm very confident about Dee's chances, less so about Rex and Elma individually but I'm decently confident we'll see at least one of them. As long as some form of Gen 7 representation gets in (which is extremely likely given all those Poke Balls) I'm satisfied, and I think either Lycanroc or Incineroar is our guy on that front. Characters aside, both Stage Morph and Smashdown modes would probably be next to Rex & Pyra in overall wants if I'd considered the ideas so I'm extremely happy even without my most wanted newcomers.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I’d add 11e (Black Shadow), 38e (Shadow the Hedgehog), 56e (Celica), 61e (Zack) and 64e (Octoling) but they’re in my Four Seasons of DLC wishlist along with a handful of newcomers and one DLC-exclusive echo, I made an exception with Fiora just in case.

Yo also in hindsight

What if we got a Fatal Frame rep?! Since they’re from Koei Tecmo and practically bound to Nintendo. Who would you prefer? Mio and Mayu? Yuri Kozukata? Miku Hinasaki?

I would love survival horror representation and Fatal Frame is imo the perfect way to do it

Last edited:

MalcolmBelmont

Smash Journeyman
Hey everybody, I'm back and it's time for another Guybrush20X6 crackpot theory!

So the direct confirmed they're going all in on echos, even to the point of giving some minor move differences (I guess Chrom's suicidal recovery is to stop him outshining Roy with his balanced blade) and that third parties are getting Echos with Richter.

So my random, circumstantial based theory is that all 3rd party companies will get three characters, with one series getting an echo.

So things look like this (new ones in bold)

Konami: Snake, Simon, Richter
Sega: Sonic, Bayonetta, Shadow
Capcom: Mega Man, Ryu, either Ken or Roll
Namco: Pac-Man, Hehatchi, either Ms. Pac-Man, Kazuya or Jin
Square Enix: Cloud, Zack, Geno

This way everyone gets in on the amiibo monies. And people like me enable them.

What do you think?
Cool theory but i don't think we will get anymore third party charcters at launch besides Shadow and Geno

StormC

Smash Hero
K. Rool, Ridley, Snake, and Wolf were the four I wanted the most.

I'm still hoping for Dixie, but all my big requests are done. I no longer have a horse in this race. I can just enjoy the rollout of info and DLC from now on. I'm lowkey rooting for Banjo just for the HS factor, but the game could ship with everything we know and it would still be the best Smash ever.

This is a surreal feeling, y'all.

Last edited:

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
Well uhh
I'm hoping that some will come soon
Because it seems like none of them have been shown off so far

But, maybe it's a sign I need to make an effort to create a cult of Deathborn fans first before I ask for him...

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
This video made me realize things. Thank you.

(NOT SO) CRACK THEORY TIME

Sakurai has previously gone on record saying that Heihachi was thought about for Sm4sh, but couldn't be properly implemented. The thing is though, is that he (somewhat) has, in Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale. The Project Plan for Sm4sh was completed early 2012. Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale released November 2012.

So, when Sakurai is thinking about newcomers this time around, he thinks back to cut concepts and thinks of Heihachi. He now has source material for Heihachi in a platform fighter, which he can take from and improve upon.

I think Heihachi will be more likely than we think.
Yes and no

If i'm right there's a Sakurai quote somewhere on the deep internet where he said something akin to not basing characters on their other crossover appearances.

And by comparing mega man, snake, simon and ryu to their other crossover appearances in fighting games, this quote does seem to hold some truth to it.

then again... I might be mistaking

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Cool theory but i don't think we will get anymore third party charcters at launch besides Shadow and Geno
I think we may just get both Shadow and Ken announced at the same time.

I would really like for Roll to be in but I can't have everything.

monadoboy

Smash Lord
I have to ask to all you people who want Heihachi...why Heihachi? Over any other Tekken rep? Jin, Kazuya, King, Nina...why Heihachi?
Personally I'd prefer Alisa a million times over Heihachi. The head bomb thing would be fun in Smash.
Smash needs more robot girls and Fiora's gone.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Are there any alive leaks besides Vergeben, Loz, and Toby Leaker? I missed like 50 pages of discussion and am at work so can't go through it all

thank you kindly
Toby leaker is dead. Dude failed to predict Richter, and then came back and was like, "Guess I can't predict all of the Echo Fighters, but please still believe me even though my credibility is completely dead."

Who's the real Toby now I wonder?

ThreeT

Smash Apprentice

Wolf
Snake
Ice Climbers
King K. Rool
Dark Samus

Rex & Pyra
An ARMS character

Confirmed:
King K. Rool
Pokémon Trainer

Want:
Geno
Rex and Pyra

Last edited:

MalcolmBelmont

Smash Journeyman
I think we may just get both Shadow and Ken announced at the same time.

I would really like for Roll to be in but I can't have everything.
Actually Ken will be in for sure but i don't expect anymore non echo fighter third part newcomers in the base game

SmashingXan2

Smash Journeyman
Yall are sleeping on Banjo Kazooie. Phil Spencer still is willing to put him in Smash, Nintendo and Microsoft are all buddy buddy, highly requested fan favorite, and Sakurai considered him before in Melee.
(Phil confirmed he still was willing in a reply in March)

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
Don't think Sephiroth and cloud are interchangeable like that. And how dare you suggest givin us ***** *** Raiden instead of cyborg ninja Raiden
Cyborg ninja Raiden could be an alt, it'd just work like the Phantom pain outfit you could get of him, but I'd love just MGS2 Raiden as the default. As for Sephiroth a lot of his moves are variations of Cloud's moves, while he'd take more effort then Zack, I think he'd be more worth it if we were to get an echo of Cloud. I think he'd be about as different as Chrom is from Roy.

I don't expect any of them though lol, it's just dumb crack theories at work

Last edited:

P.Kat

Smash Champion

Wolf
Snake
Ice Climbers
King K. Rool
Dark Samus

Rex & Pyra
An ARMS character

Ice Climbers
Wolf
Amaterasu
Sora
Shantae
Elma
Rex and Pyra
Saber
Blaze the Cat
Fjorm
Gardevoir
Primarina
Isabelle
Lana
Impa
Mipha
Tetra
Reimu
Zeraora
Rayman
Shadow
Joker
Yu Narukami
Lyn
Krystal

Ashley

Well considering my most wanted are gone/getting decimated in every direct, pretty bad, and pretty sad. It also doesn't help that most of my wanted characters are third party. But, I have many characters I want left so hopefully something will go my way. All in all it could be worse.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
K. Rool, Ridley, Snake, and Wolf were the four I wanted the most.

I'm still hoping for Dixie, but all my big requests are done. I no longer have a horse in this race. I can just enjoy the rollout of info and DLC from now on. I'm lowkey rooting for Banjo just for the HS factor, but the game could ship with everything we know and it would still be the best Smash ever.

This is a surreal feeling, y'all.
100% this.

I have my old Brawl main back. My Sm4sh main has been buffed. I got my absolute most wanted character in K. Rool (as well as other characters I rate,, like Ridley, Simon and Dark Samus).

I've got more characters than I know what to do with already. As it is I just hope that other people with horses still in the race end up as satisfied as I am.

Anybody thinking of maining a newcomer? I'll definitely be trying them all out.
I'm almost certainly going to end up dual maining King K. Rool alongside ROB (my Sm4sh main).

Competitive debate aside, with so many characters in this game it seems almost a waste not to play as many characters as you can.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118

Wolf
Snake
Ice Climbers
King K. Rool
Dark Samus

Rex & Pyra
An ARMS character

Snake
Ridley
Simon
King K. Rool
Chrom
Dark Samus

Heihachi
Ken
Dixie
Impa
Decidueye
Banjo

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Yeah, at this point, I feel like I've already gotten everything I need. I want to see fans of other characters as happy as I am. Really hope Isaac happens.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I have had no horse in the race since ridley. Everything else is cake. I have other characters i want to see, like bandanna dee and goemon, but them not making it is livable.

I just want it to he december now.

D

Deleted member

Add Decidueye and Bandana Dee, and I'll be a happy camper.
There are other characters I want, but with all of the effort that's put into the game I think I can live without them for the time being.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Honestly, Bandana Dee, Shadow, and Rayman are the only ones left I truly want in.

Everyone else is either in, deconfirmed, or can live without.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
My most wanted of those that are left are Shantae, Dixie Kong and Gardevoir.

After seeing Shovel Knight, I fear Shantae may be an assist as well.
With King K. Rool getting in, Metroid getting both Dark Samus and Ridley AND Chrom getting his own unique recovery, my hopes for Dixie are higher than ever.
Gardevoir has survived two rounds and there was a supposed leak going about that said she was in with Gothitelle as an Echo. If it was debunked, let me know ASAP. Hope hurts.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
If Heihachi is ever playable, I want his Final Smash to just basically be him throwing his opponent off a cliff.
Doesn't he strap someone to a rocket at one point in the series?

They should do that for his Final Smash. Dude literally straps the opponent to a rocket, which blows up.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I just need to see Professor Layton and Phoenix Wright at least being acknowledged through trophies or something if not playable and the game will more or less be completely perfect for me.
At least Toon Link is still around and they included my favourite Zelda so that's always a huge plus in my book.

Last edited:

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer

Wolf
Snake
Ice Climbers
King K. Rool
Dark Samus

Rex & Pyra
An ARMS character

Castlevania rep √

Wanted one. Got one. Whuut? I rule.

Seriously though, I’d still like to see Linkle.

monadoboy

Smash Lord
Phil Spencer still is willing to put him in Smash
Shouldn't really mean anything. Everyone and their mother is willing to put their characters in a million seller crossover that treats each guest character with as much love as possible.
Heck, if Sakurai asked me for a character, I'd add them myself even if it took me 5 years and I had to pay people to download my character.

Enchess

Smash Lord
I’d add 11e (Black Shadow), 38e (Shadow the Hedgehog), 56e (Celica), 61e (Zack) and 64e (Octoling) but they’re in my Four Seasons of DLC wishlist along with a handful of newcomers and one DLC-exclusive echo, I made an exception with Fiora just in case.

Yo also in hindsight

What if we got a Fatal Frame rep?! Since they’re from Koei Tecmo and practically bound to Nintendo. Who would you prefer? Mio and Mayu? Yuri Kozukata? Miku Hinasaki?

I would love survival horror representation and Fatal Frame is imo the perfect way to do it
Mio all the way. Her game got a Wii exclusive remake, she could use her Mario alt costume as an alt, she's my favorite protagonist.

I know I'm a broken record, but I really think FF has a chance. Maybe a 10% chance, but a chance.

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
Since the track list shown in the direct seems to imply there will be no more additional franchises beyond what we know know, I'm concerned about his chance.
If there were additional franchises being added to Ultimate, it makes sense that Sakurai would not show them during the Direct. I just don't understand how people think that was it as far as unrepped franchises go when it makes zero sense to show those franchises in any capacity in the menus until after their main reveals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom