• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashuree

Hocus Pocus
Would be real cool to see a Final Fantasy Assist trophy tommorow!

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Home stretch. I take it no Yoshi discussion was had in the last 10 pages as nobody tagged me like the Yoshi version of the Bat-signal :yoshi:

I'm still 99.9% that would never happen, I would totally be down with Dovahkiin in Smash. Especially since there are 8 main races to choose from, each race could be a different color: Altmer, Argonian, Breton, Bosmer, Dunmer, Imperial, Khajiit, Nord....

Would Fus Ro Dah be his special move that launches opponents back and has a windbox, or would he have that as an epic final Smash that launches anyone in front of him into the blast zone?
You forgot Redguards and Orcs...

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Would be real cool to see a Final Fantasy Assist trophy tommorow!
Everyone's banking on it being Tifa or Aerith. But I think It'll be Gilgamesh. He appears in nearly every main entry. And he has the power to cross dimensions. So it would sense he become an assist trophy in Smash. Not as a trophy of him, but as the REAL DEAL.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Did we ever find out how long this shindig is gonna be?
Nope.
I think earliest we'll find out is 30 minutes before the event when they go "waiting room" live and potentially change the slide to something with the presentation length.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Here's my prediction roster:
RosterSmash5 2.png
I'm lazy so I only have the predicted newcomers. The originals go in announcement order. Paper Mario and the Octolings are saved for being surprise unlockables.

CroonerMike

Smash Lord

PbFarmer

Smash Rookie
I'm hoping to see, if they discuss modes and whatnot, a way to create Vs Mode layouts - a way to save your fight settings as a loadout or profile (whatever you want to call them). This way, when I want to go super sweaty, I have a profile I load up with no items, stage hazards toggled off, 3 stock, 6 minutes, specific maps turned off, etc. When I want to go casual with the family, I load up a different profile that has max pokeballs, etc. Allows users to create fun game types that are easy to choose on the fly.

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I'm hoping to see, if they discuss modes and whatnot, a way to create Vs Mode layouts - a way to save your fight settings as a loadout or profile (whatever you want to call them). This way, when I want to go super sweaty, I have a profile I load up with no items, stage hazards toggled off, 3 stock, 6 minutes, specific maps turned off, etc. When I want to go casual with the family, I load up a different profile that has max pokeballs, etc. Allows users to create fun game types that are easy to choose on the fly.
That's a pretty good idea

Also you've been on this site for 7 years and you JUST NOW started posting? :yoshi:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Welp. Of course, I shoulda known that was too good to be true. It was memoryman proclaiming it, after all.

BUT! I still think Bandana Dee has a good shot, even without that amiibo rumor. He’s becoming more prevalent in Kirby games, Waddle Dees are totally absent from King Dedede’s moveset, and Dedede’s new Final Smash, which depicts the arena from Kirby Super Star, is lacking Bandana Dee in the background.

I’m by no means saying he’s a lock or guaranteed, like with Elma yesterday. I’m just saying he has a decent chance.

PbFarmer

Smash Rookie
That's a pretty good idea

Also you've been on this site for 7 years and you JUST NOW started posting? :yoshi:
Hahahaha...yeaaaaaaah... Been playing a long time, but never saw much reason to post too often. Figured why the hell not, haven't been this hype for Smash since Melee.

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Welp. Of course, I shoulda known that was too good to be true. It was memoryman proclaiming it, after all.

BUT! I still think Bandana Dee has a good shot, even without that amiibo rumor. He’s becoming more prevalent in Kirby games, Waddle Dees are totally absent from King Dedede’s moveset, and Dedede’s new Final Smash, which depicts the arena from Kirby Super Star, is lacking Bandana Dee in the background.

I’m by no means saying he’s a lock or guaranteed, like with Elma yesterday. I’m just saying he has a decent chance.
What?!!! Really?!!! Memoryman would never lie and manipulate people!!
/s

BD may be likely, but I don't think he'll be revealed in this Direct

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
Alright so here are my predictions for the Direct

* Sakurai will give us a guided tour through the new Smash Bros menu and all of the game modes inside of it. He may make a joke about how the games and more category was renamed to be something more coherent (if it does happen)

* There will be a revised Classic Mode with the same money mechanic as 4's.

* There will be a new trophy getting mini-game, hopefully its not like trophy rush

* There may be options to toggle different opponents for Multi Man Brawl

* Event mode is still there.

* There is a movie player with character reveal trailers there... however this might be shown last as it will hide a "surprise"

* Masterpieces are still around and one of them may be Mother 3

* There might be low poly costumes for every fighter in Ultimate

* We will be shown the Mii Fighter customization menu and get to see how they work now, since we haven't seen costumes yet.

* More Echos will be revealed which may see: Zack over Cloud, Ken over Ryu, Akuma over Ryu, James Mc Cloud over Fox, Dark Samus over Samus, Shadow over Sonic, Ninten over Ness, Black Shadow over Falcon, Protoman over Mega Man, Little Mac (SNES) over Little Mac, and Big Boss over Snake.

* We may likely see a popular character enter in as a new character. However I think there may be 2 or three newcomers revealed this time around.

* There may be classic skins for characters like TP Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf or Brawl Wolf, or Brawl Samus.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Also: I'm 1000000% sure (and I'll say it again) that something will be revealed tomorrow that will shake the world to it's core, and I'm really excited to find out what it is.

I could keep my expectations in check, but for some reason I'm just that sure about it lol

Last edited:

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Also: I'm 1000000% sure (and I'll say it again) that something will be revealed tomorrow that will shake the world to it's core, and I'm really excited to find out what it is.

I could keep my expectations in check, but for some reason I'm just that sure about it lol
A new Smash Tour mode as well as the old one called Smash Tour Classic :yoshi:

Also my boi's tether recovery would be earth shattering.... to me at least

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158

That's good, tt's fun to be excited! :)

Just please be considerate of your fellow Smashers- if this doesn't happen, try to keep a positive outlook, because the game will still be good and hype worthy! (I know in the past, people have expected too much and then became salty and complained in the forums after directs)

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
That's good, tt's fun to be excited! :)

Just please be considerate of your fellow Smashers- if this doesn't happen, try to keep a positive outlook, because the game will still be good and hype worthy! (I know in the past, people have expected too much and then became salty and complained in the forums after directs)
I promise, I am not that kind of person loooooool. I was actually taken aback by that. It's okay. I don't bite.
Almost everything is hype for me. Almost nothing can ruin the game for me, even my most wanteds being assist trophies or something lol

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion

The ability for Dedede to smack Gordos after he just set them in motion.

Hey, it's earth-shattering to us Dedede mains....

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I promise, I am not that kind of person loooooool. I was actually taken aback by that. It's okay. I don't bite.
Almost everything is hype for me. Almost nothing can ruin the game for me, even my most wanteds being assist trophies or something lol
On a scale from "1 to Rogersbase" what would you rank your natural hype levels? :yoshi:

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Hey everyone! Looks like you all aren't that excited for the direct. I agree, it looks like it's gonna be pretty boring.:smirk:
CRACK THEORY TIME

As we all know, the announcer for Smash Ultimate is Xander Mobus. He likely had to record some new voice lines for this game, as evidenced by (obviously) the new characters, (likely) modes, and victory screen.

What other character is voiced by Xander Mobus, making it easy for lines to be recorded?

J O K E R

He's as good as confirmed boys. /s

Joking aside, I would like to see someone unconventional tomorrow. Some people on 4chan have been speculating about Dante, and I think he'd be hype AF (and we could also have "Featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series!" on the box). I've also heard talk of Doom Guy, and he'd be exciting too. At the very least I'm hoping for more than the trite King K. Rool and Dixie Kong combo that I've seen in "leaks" 50+ times over the course of the last month and a half.
I'm down for Joker. I wouldn't mind Dante either playable or AT if only to hear Devil Trigger.

:059:! one of my all-time favorites!
Literally, the only Pokémon who I'd break my "I rather not have any more playable Gen 1 Pokémon" rule for.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I just wonder. Will Smash Ultimate have a Guest Character that would top Tekken 7 having a Walking Dead character?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Which character? o:
You know, at this point, I don't even remember, because I'm so familiar with the characters now. But, I'm the type of person that can't control my excitement with this kind of thing- Smash speculation periods and reveals tend to be one of the things in my life that can actually push me past my excitement threshold. I cried about a dozen times last speculation period... and during the inkling reveal... and e3... In contrast, the rest of my year is relatively boring, it takes specific things to get me as excited as Smash speculation gets me, which is why I have such an unusually open mind about things. Even if a character I hate makes it in Smash, you'll never catch me going "well i'm not gonna buy it anymore" lol

So HMK level then...

Also you liked a Dedede main's post about earth shattering info but ignored my similar post on Yoshi. I'm sad...
I blame the lag on SmashBoards.
I definitely clicked it, but it might have timed out or something. Haha.

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
Very excited for the Direct, whatever it brings. It starts half an hour before work for me, so I might just head into the office early and watch it before I begin working.
Also you liked a Dedede main's post about earth shattering info but ignored my similar post on Yoshi. I'm sad...
Lay off it just a smidgen, will ya? :ohwell:

Shroob

Sup?

>Memoryman

Why does this name sound soo familiar, and fill me with dread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom