• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Your reaction if they don't reveal any newcomers?

If they showed really cool new modes, I wouldn't mind at all. (I feel like they will, because they know the fans will freak out if they show anything Smash Bros related without a reveal)

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I always wanted to see a Dragon Quest rep in Smash.

I would like to see Eight from Dragon Quest VIII as a new playable fighter.

1533574668690.png

But I guess Erdrick from Dragon Quest III would be cool.

1533574877879.png

Oh, but the Dragon Warrior from the first Dragon Quest game would be cool too.

1533574977319.png

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

If they showed really cool new modes, I wouldn't mind at all. (I feel like they will, because they know the fans will freak out if they show anything Smash Bros related without a reveal)
I'm almost less interested in the character and more interested in the other things they might show anyway.

I mean, I'll be hyped for the character anyway, but show me that single player mode pls

Iridium

Smash Hero

I want to see more Waluigi torture, so I can have a good laugh about it. :troll:

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Speaking of the vault, do you feel like it's time to retire the "Masterpieces"?

Oh boy, existing old games we can play trials of...
I want to see more Waluigi torture, so I can have a good laugh about it. :troll:
Sakurai just wears a Waluigi hat throughout the direct

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
>Samus' origin game doesn't have a Memories article

First Pit and now Samus (although it's somewhat understandable here, since Metroid is more popular outside Japan). Grey Box games can't catch a break.

Does anybody think Gil has a chance? I don't think he can get in initially, but maybe he added late after, at least knowing that Sakurai has acknowledged him.
There's a whole list of Namco characters that have higher priority, so no. Even Valkyrie is much likelier.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
View attachment 155926I'm not talking about that super ugly one.
Ohhhh!!!!!

That one is still kind of ugly, but who knows. The inconsistent font (Why not just use the same font for 'Online' instead of that?) and stroke weights hurts, as well as the fact that the online button looks like someone poorly scaled the logo into the circle to me. imo. I'm no expert.

sdpdude9

Smash Apprentice
What taglines do you have for your favorite characters? Here's a few of mine...

King K Rool takes over!
Paper Mario folds the competition!
Crash Bandicoot crashes the party!

blazefan519

Smash Ace
“Nerf Blobobber”

“Blobobber is too good”

“Ban the Blobobber”

“Blobobber is OP”

“Nerf the bubble bucket”

“Remove the Blobobber”

“People who use the Blobobber aren’t good”
"Get on the tower please"

"Will someone please carry the rainmaker"

"PLEASE SHARE YOUR CLAMS"

That would sum up my Splatoon 2 experience
Meanwhile I'll be worried over whether my favorites will be assists and looking too much into things in hopes that I psyche myself up that they'll be revealed, and then they won't :4pacman:

Last edited:

blazefan519

Smash Ace
Here's a question:

Do you guys think we'll get a proper ranked mode like Splatoon and ARMS or do you think we'll be keeping the Global Smash Power thing. Really hoping we get a proper ranked but, I have feeling it'll GSP again.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Ohhhh!!!!!

That one is still kind of ugly, but who knows. The inconsistent font (Why not just use the same font for 'Online' instead of that?) and stroke weights hurts, as well as the fact that the online button looks like someone poorly scaled the logo into the circle to me. imo. I'm no expert.
I'm pretty sure that is the actual Switch online logo, so that would explain the different font.

This picture also came with a little bit of a text leak:
Trophy rush and shop are back

Smash run is back

Smash tour is not in the game

Classic mode it's a combination of the classic mode of the 3ds and Wii u and the old classic modes

The adventure mode from melee is back

A new adventure mode is in the game

More than 1000 trophies in this game

All star is back

Tournament is back

Event match is back

Targets blast,multi-man smash,home run contest,and target test are back

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

King K Rool takes over!
Bandana Dee Waddles Into Battle!
Elma Reclaims Her Drive!
Isabelle Is Here To Help!
Rex & Pyra Strengthen Their Bond!

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
Here's a question:

Do you guys think we'll get a proper ranked mode like Splatoon and ARMS or do you think we'll be keeping the Global Smash Power thing. Really hoping we get a proper ranked but, I have feeling it'll GSP again.
I'm personally hoping for a proper ranked mode, because the whole For Fun & For Glory thing is trash.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
Speaking of the vault, do you feel like it's time to retire the "Masterpieces"?

Oh boy, existing old games we can play trials of...

Sakurai just wears a Waluigi hat throughout the direct
As a huge Waluigi fan myself, I would actually find that hilarious.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Oh, but the Dragon Warrior from the first Dragon Quest game would be cool too.
View attachment 155925
I'd love a Dragon Warrior!

...wait...

---

On the topic of Reggie in Smash - You guys think we'll get more Mii info? As in costumes, customs, etc? There's a lot of questions about what's to come of customization in this game. I didn't play them much at all in Sm4sh, but they look a lot better this round - I wonder if they'll be trated as actual characters this time.

I never really used it at all, so I know I won't miss it. Grinding for those special moves was insanity though - Finally did it on 3DS, didn't even bother on WiiU.

I wonder also if the Miis will still be the enemy team. I actually did like that in Sm4sh - I loaded my WiiU with friends and family so I could have fun with that.

osby

Smash Obsessed

King K Rool takes over!
Makoto Yuki burns his dread!

Last edited:

Androobie

Banned via Warnings
I don’t think they’ll **** up as bad as last time. I have a feeling they’ll attempt for a better online system, but since they’re all old people, they won’t really have any idea what to do.
42505D99-2FCC-4DC1-9815-4F2634822978.png

blazefan519

Smash Ace

King K Rool takes over!
Captain Toad Steals the Competition!
Bandana Dee Makes his Mark!
Tibby Shakes Things Up!

SonicMario

Smash Master
I'd love a Dragon Warrior!
I wonder also if the Miis will still be the enemy team. I actually did like that in Sm4sh - I loaded my WiiU with friends and family so I could have fun with that.
What if...

EVERY ENEMY TEAM IS HERE!

A mix of HD versions of the Polygon fighters from 64, the Wire Frames from Melee, the Alloys from Brawl, and the Mii Fighters?

D

Deleted member

King K Rool takes over!
Bomberman blasts away the competition!
Shovel Knight digs in!
Excitebike Guy speeds into battle!
Dixie Kong flies into battle!
Chibi-Robo plugs in!

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
Actually I think Elma is likely to be revealed this Direct
Elma would make a nice Assist Trophy. :troll:

I think Elma has a decent shot at getting into the game, but I also think her chances are overstated by many. I apologize in advance to Rie Sonomura Rie Sonomura

First of all, the XCX composer thing. Given Ultimate's time frame and the project plan, it seems very likely that there will be XCX content in this game in some form. Getting some music from the game seems like a no brainer. I think it's entirely possible we could get a new original piece of music from XCX with no new character. There have been similar things done in the past, such as The Mysterious Murasame Castle getting it's own piece of original music in Smash 4 despite no character or stage. Really, the thing with the XCX composer only solidifies that we'll get new music for XCX which could potentially be added onto a new XCX stage or maybe another Xenoblade stage not related to X.

Then there's the Xenoblade characters thing from Bill Trinen. If you go back and watch the interview, it's clear that Bill has no idea what he's talking about. He just had a real brain fart moment and was trying to think of what franchises were new to Smash and spouted out Xenoblade when he couldn't even remember what characters from it were in Smash. Plus, if he said "The Xenoblade Character" in reference to Shulk that would've made him look like an idiot.

And then you DO have to take into account that if Elma gets into the game, it won't be because of fan demand. XCX was released after the ballot in the west and in the midst of the ballot in Japan. There's no way she was able to build up enough support at the time to be considered for fan demand, so her only chance at getting in is if Sakurai picks her himself, though that's still entirely possible.

I stated this at the beginning, and I'll say it again. I think Elma has a decent shot at getting into the game, but people make her out out to be way more likely than I think she actually is. Maybe she'll be revealed at the Direct on Wednesday and everything I said up above will get thrown out the window but I wouldn't hold my breathe for it.
THANK YOU! For whatever reason, Elma gets far less skepticism amongst the speculation community than characters like Bandana Dee, Captain Toad, and even Isabelle garner despite them having the exact same argument in their favor as her (timing) while having far more popularity and notoriety with the Nintendo fanbase and far more importance with Nintendo themselves. She's a somewhat logical choice but nothing about Elma screams "priority inclusion".

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Bomberman blasts away the competition!
Shovel Knight digs in!
Excitebike Guy speeds into battle!
Dixie Kong flies into battle!
Chibi-Robo plugs in!
Tails lands some hits!
Isabelle pages in!
Waluigi. He's here too I guess
What if...

A mix of HD versions of the Polygon fighters from 64, the Wire Frames from Melee, the Alloys from Brawl, and the Mii Fighters?
you mean FIGHTING POLYGON TEAM

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Paper Mario Takes Center Stage!
<Rhythm Heaven character> Makes Some Noise!
Rabbid Mario Goes BWAAAAAAAAAAH-listic!
Dry Bowser Arises!
King K. Rool Sails Into Battle!
Dixie Kong Goes Bananas!
Bandanna Waddle Dee Takes the Point!
Petey Piranha Gets Messy!

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
What if...

Sakurai: "You didn't think 'everyone is here' only applied to the fighters right?"

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Yeah I agree, make Android 21 become canon to DBZ that would be amazing.
As long as she survives this time and is officially part of their team for now on, and if she does dies, revive her back to life, none of this 'wait for reincarnation' nonsense I don't see the other Z-Fighters willing to that to themselves or to each other so why her.
Actually, if you think about it, Android 21 has the best chance of joining Smash, out of all the DBZ characters, since she fits Sakurai's requirements:

Is originally a video game character
has some relation with Nintendo (she will soon).
I use that same logic you put in Android 21 joining Smash on Clementine from the Walking Dead games

Also,
I hope they adapt the Android 21 Saga from FighterZ and br8ng the good one back to life, making her a Z-Fighter and replacing Yamaha in the process...cause he gets **** from most of them anyways
That’s who I was talking about. :laugh:
Oh...still some pretty cool news
>Samus' origin game doesn't have a Memories article

First Pit and now Samus (although it's somewhat understandable here, since Metroid is more popular outside Japan). Grey Box games can't catch a break.
All the more reason why Pit and Samus are to be in a Brother/Sister type of friendship

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
What if...

That’d be cool, although one problem with that is certain characters are over represented (most notably Falcon, as he has a Polygon, a Wireframe, and an Alloy.)

On the topic of the Polygons, I wonder how much RAM each of them takes up, given that they have simple models, no textures, and no voice clips? I wonder if it’d be possible to have one for *every* character and load them in and out fast enough for them to all be present in a single run of Multi-Man? I wouldn’t expect that for any of the other teams as Polygons are probably by far the simplest to model.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom