• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Returning ATs is something I could see Sakurai do, especially if Isabelle is playable (are you reddi for Resetti?).

Isaac coming back as an Assist wouldn't be the worst thing. Obviously that isn't as great as being playable, but at least Golden Sun would be represented once again.

It doesn't even have to be a prediction. We could do something like "Which newcomer are you most excited for?" or "What part of Ultimate are you looking forward to the most?"
Especially if we get more than one newcomer, then I would love the "what newcomer are you most excited for". I absolutely second this...who do we reach out to to get this changed lol

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Cooler and Android 21 definitely need to be canon now that Broly is. They're both incredible characters.
Agreed, and it must happen in the near future
Kid Goku would be 100x better than Adult Goku. You can't change my mind because it's not an opinion it's a fact.
But Kid Goku wouldn’t be able to smack Bayo, Snake, and others in their “no no place”
I wasn't aware that hating an inaccurate portrayal of a character was a disease.

This isn't the place to discuss it, but the english dub for most of the Dragon Ball franchise is really bad. Kai is decent, but even in Super they make dumb changes and decisions that go against the original story. This isn't me being elitist, this is my preferring the show in its intended form.

Goku is not a superman type hero. He's selfish man child who wants to fight people. He has a pure heart and won't stand idlly by when innocents are in danger, but he's still pretty childish. Masako Nozawa IS Goku. No ifs, ands, or buts about it.
You and others like others your Goku in Japanese, I alongside others like my Goku in English...whatever your more used to is most likely gonna be the one you prefer
Here’s my sorting of most to least likely to be an Assist Trophy:
1. Isaac (sorry fans, I’d love him too but GS is a dead series and I don’t think the ballot helped him enough)
2. Dark Samus
3. Shadow
4. Ashley
5. Isabelle (I can see her becoming playable tbh)
6. Bandana Dee (he’s becoming more prevalent in Kirby games, and Waddle Dees are completely absent from King Dedede’s moveset now)
Ok, let’s get spicy up in here.:troll:

Assist Trophy disconfirmation predictions go!

Isabelle and Ashely are my best bets.
7. Simon Belmont (like why WOULD he be an AT anyway? We already have Bomberman as a general Konami assist trophy, and since we DID just get Snake back, it’d be a waste to not make use of another playable character offering)

I-don’t-care-what-their-chances-of-being-an-AT-are-I-don’t-want-them-as-an-AT-period tier: Elma

Please dear God if she’s an AT I will be heartbroken ;-; I already had Fiora deconfirmed ffs

in fact call me crazy but I think Fiora’s deconformation may actually help Elma’s chances as playable
Don’t worry, if none of those characters join, you’ll still have Viridi...Pandora...and Etika
They should have him voice Nintendo's Goku just for fun.

Lucario vs. Goku fights will just him yelling and grunting at himself.
You’re a genius
Ok, let’s get spicy up in here.:troll:

Assist Trophy disconfirmation predictions go!

Isabelle and Ashely are my best bets.
Issac for an assist and let Isabelle/Ashley/Shadow live

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
I think the direct will be pretty important for speculation prediction.

If we get someone like Springman or Elma, I'll have a hard time believing that the ballot will be as important as we thought, and Ridley was just one of the popular characters Sakurai usually throws at us.

But if we get K. Rool or Isaac, I feel like the ballot will be central to the newcomer selection instead of the usual Sakurai behavior.

blazefan519

Smash Ace
I come back to sub vs dub debates on DBZ lol. Guys there's a thing called preference, I can't believe people don't understand this.

Anyways, less than 2 more days till the direct. Still salty that I'll be in school while this is going on cri. Prediction wise, I dunno. At the very least we'll have one newcomer but being hopeful hopefully we can 2 unique newcomers and at least one echo revealed. Game modes, I'm still hoping for there to be a story mode but that's wishful thinking on my part. Hopefully we get a proper Classic mode too, something like the past but I like the branching paths in Smash 3ds. I'm just very excited because we're finally getting some new info (besides Delfino Plaza)

osby

Smash Obsessed

If we get someone like Springman or Elma, I'll have a hard time believing that the ballot will be as important as we thought, and Ridley was just one of the popular characters Sakurai usually throws at us.

But if we get K. Rool or Isaac, I feel like the ballot will be central to the newcomer selection instead of the usual Sakurai behavior.
"Usual Sakurai behaviour" was making votings to help the selection of newcomers in Melee, Smash For DLC and partially Brawl.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Here’s my sorting of most to least likely to be an Assist Trophy:
1. Isaac (sorry fans, I’d love him too but GS is a dead series and I don’t think the ballot helped him enough)
2. Dark Samus
3. Shadow
4. Ashley
5. Isabelle (I can see her becoming playable tbh)
6. Bandana Dee (he’s becoming more prevalent in Kirby games, and Waddle Dees are completely absent from King Dedede’s moveset now)
7. Simon Belmont (like why WOULD he be an AT anyway? We already have Bomberman as a general Konami assist trophy, and since we DID just get Snake back, it’d be a waste to not make use of another playable character offering)
Yeah Bomberman was bad enough. Makes me wonder if they preferred to represent the Bomber in his AT way of placing bombs around the stage rather than as a playable character who uh, does stuff with bombs a lot.

They went through the effort of making Knuckles an assist, just leaving ol' Tails out of the big three of Sonic. Sure Shadow has been notably requested and would be easier to make, but after the Knuckles assist it'll feel weird if the most important focus leaves Tails out, tho this is a game in which the Link, Zelda and Ganon don't know each other? Granted you still see the fox in Green Hill Zone but you might also see Knuckles(?, meaning they could have removed him but didn't), and their literal zoom by presence might be different to the much longer screen presence(?) of Toon Link in that train stage.

blackghost

Smash Champion
this direct will more than likely be more to display modes. and online features. we may get a character reveal but i dont expect a bomb to drop on that front.
nintendo has run the best PR campaign i've ever seen. people have gone from debating WHETHER clo--, excuse me, echoes should exist to HOW MANY will show up even characters from franchises (FE) people are tired of.

with the leaks claiming a "controversial character" is coming i can only think of three characters 1. jeane as a bayo echo 2. FE 3 houses character (specifically with a sword if its another weapon wouldnt be controversal) 3. goku
almost anyone else will probably be ok.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Barely anyone knew who this guy was before that costume.

This was probably just a fun little inclusion on Namco's part and nothing more.
Well, I don't think Captain Falcon would have had a chance if he wasn't in SSB64. I just don't want to give up hope for another retro newcomer.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I should point this out
Samus is the blog post of the day
Dark samus hint perhaps?
If there’s another Metroid post tomorrow and a Metroid song on Wednesday...maybe and maybe not...guess we’ll find out next episode
They went through the effort of making Knuckles an assist, just leaving ol' Tails out of the big three of Sonic. Sure Shadow has been notably requested and would be easier to make, but after the Knuckles assist it'll feel weird if the most important focus leaves Tails out, tho this is a game in which the Link, Zelda and Ganon don't know each other? Granted you still see the fox in Green Hill Zone but you might also see Knuckles(?, meaning they could have removed him but didn't), and their literal zoom by presence might be different to the much longer screen presence(?) of Toon Link in that train stage.
Don’t worry about how lonely Tails will be if Shadow joins the fight, as he’ll still hang out with Silver and tell the likes of Amy and Sticks about his grandless adventures of Smash Bros
I just realized there is one hype thing that will definitely happen that we are all forgetting.

More characters will be added to the mural.
oh we haven’t forgotten about it...we just don’t wanna think about that darkness

Green_Pikmin*

Smash Journeyman
Elma ain't the protagonist
On that note I think people are sleeping on Cross, I definitely see Elma getting in but I wouldnt be surprised if they pull a "Robin over Chrom" type of situation again. (Though Elma actually has something to offer other then Chrom who is said to be similar to Ike).

Last edited:

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
My predictions:
  • Only one newcomer and one echo.
  • Newcomer will (unfornately) be a third party
  • Tekken will be represented somehow, I hope that its only a AT
  • New stages
  • Fountain of Dreams
  • New Dk assist trophy (Cranky or Rambi)
  • Online mode will have a ladderboard this time
  • Nintendo hosted tournament(s) near launch days.

cothero

Smash Lord
Ok, I just had a sudden realization. I think the guy wasn't being coy, I think he's legit just guessing Spring-Man just like we're guessing newcomers. Why do I say that? Here's the thing. I've had this weird feeling since E3, but... this guys knows stuff, BUT, he very specifically knows video stuff. And even more, he specifically knows about videos that are going to be shown on some kind of big event.

So I'm thinking: Maybe this guy doesn't work for Nintendo at all, but works with some company that do their events and he, somehow, sneaks a peek at the video. That's why he didn't exactly know everything correctly about the E3 direct, everything he said sounded like someone that was watching a video muted.

Ok, now, he posted this on the 4th. EVO was still going strong and there was one day before they would be showing that date teaser. I legit believe he only knows about the date and nothing more. And I'm pretty sure he won't be knowing anything about the actual direct either, since that's not going to have a showing on a big event (maybe at the NY Store...? But I think that's streamed too). Maybe something pops up on 4chan today or tomorrow before the direct, but I'm not betting on it, and I'm not betting he knows Spring-Man either
That makes a lot of sense. Sakurai recently said that the same company responsible for Smash 4 CGI videos was returning for Smash Ultimate, so maybe one of the employees might have slipped a few informations based solely on videos that he worked/saw.

Enchess

Smash Lord
On that note I think people are sleeping on Cross, I definitely see Elma getting in but I wouldnt be surprised if they pull a "Robin over Chrom" type of situation again. (Though Elma actually has something to offer other then Chrom who is said to be similar to Ike).
Well, I think Chrom was "expected, not wanted" whereas Elma is "expected and wanted", so that might influence things (although bracing myself for Cross, my least favorite Xenoblade character)

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

I don't expect the ballot to be a huge influence on the newcomers, and I don't advise people to waltz into the Smash Direct expecting a triple reveal of K. Rool, Geno, and Bandana Dee (actually, I wouldn't even advise expecting even one of those characters).

Regardless, I've become more invested in this Direct possibly disproving Vergeben than I am with popular characters at the moment.

I think there's two reasonable outcomes we can expect, and I guarantee you one of them will happen. The first is that Simon or a new Pokemon character gets revealed and adds more credibility to Verge. The second is that someone completely unexpected appears (regardless of whether or not they're popular), destroys Verge's credibility, and allows us to speculate without any clue as to who could get in.

New direct on the 7th? Let's gooooooooo

Okay, anyways, after we got nothing in July, I wouldn't have been surprised if we hadn't gotten anything in August, but this is great to hear.

Not that I'm expecting a ton, but hey, new info is always good.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Hot take:

I don’t like the whole “Elma ain’t the protagonist” reasoning and thinking they’ll pull a “Robin over Chrom” in favor of Cross. The reason being that Cross is truly a blank slate, both in personality and abilities.

Robin? Their class is by default strategist, being able to use magic tomes, and they have a set personality and are crucial to the story. The only things about them that are up to you are their appearance, voice, gender, and who they end up with. They technically can reclass, but Strategist/(whatever is the direct upgrade of Strategist) is usually their best class and they can even go through the whole game without reclassing.

Cross? Has no default personality and doesn’t talk in cutscenes, they just have dialogue lines during certain events that raise affinity with different members depending on the choices you make. They also don’t have a truly “default” class battle wise, their first class is meant to be the worst one and you can take three class paths, each with their own weapons and skills, and can switch at any time. Not to mention it’s a LOT of different weapons.

Now for Chrom vs Elma...

Chrom is indeed one of the protagonists of Awakening alongside Robin and his own daughter, Lucina. In fact, Chrom was considered for the 4 roster and if he was finalized he would probably have been an Ike clone. Sakurai probably hit a hurdle when formulating his move set, unsure what to do with him since Chrom didn’t have any “signature moves” per se for a Lord, or Sakurai couldn’t find a way to make him unique like Robin, so he relegated that fully functional potential fighter render into Robin’s 4 Final Smash.

Now for Elma. While Cross is the player character, I’d argue Elma actually is the protagonist in the truest sense of the word. Since the story focuses on her. She’s the one who finds Cross and takes them to NLA, she’s the one who helped the citizens of NLA escape Earth, she’s the one who does the most of the talking when representing your party in story cutscenes, and your team is always referred to as “Elma’s team”. And I can’t say more because spoilers, but it’s obvious she’s the one X focuses on as its main character. And moveset wise, there is a LOT of untapped uniqueness potential Sakurai can utilize. Elma would be the first true dual sword user (it coulda also been Fiora but...you know...) AND she also has dual guns. TWO sets of main weapons that can be switched on the fly. Also, the Skell. I want to believe Sakurai’s mech model photo was alluding to Elma, possibly using a Skell in her Final Smash.

And that, ladies, gentlemen, and non-binary acquaintances, is why I firmly believe they will not pull a “Robin over Chrom” with Elma.

Drops mic

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Not that I'm expecting a ton, but hey, new info is always good.
I'm personally expecting a gigantic info bomb like at E3.
It's a Smash specific event and that seems to be the method by which they're delivering information anyway. Giant concentrated information bombs. The blog is just a review of that information.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
I think I will not be disappointed in this Smash Direct, everyone's minds will be filled with joy.
Even if some characters we want turn into AT.
It's a zombie apocalypse for us Smash player right now. We're all running, trying to get our newcomers through the barricade before it closes and anyone who's left out, not fast enough to escape the Assist Trophies, or can't survive until DLC gets infected and turned into *shudders* Assist Trophies. It's a Survival/Horror game, it's Madness, it's... it's... THE WALKING ASSIST TROPHIES!
The timing/rhythm part of XC2’s battle system probably wouldn’t translate over well, but I could definitely see the battle affinity stuff be Rex’s “thing.”
I think when Rex and Pyra reach Max affinity, he should be able to switch with Pyra so she can fight, just like in the game, as much as I like Rex fighting, we can't forget that Blades are expert fighters too, so I hope Sakurai shows that off if they become playable.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I really think we're getting a mix of Sakurai picks and fan requests anyways.

So even if someone like Elma or Spring Man (by some magic miracle) showed up in the direct?

I really don't think it'd indicate whether the game was purely fan service or not in terms of roster selection.

Not to mention Elma and Spring Man have fans of their own anyways.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Direct predictions:
- 2-4 new stages shown off
- Classic mode, All-Star mode and a new mode shown off
- Echo fighter differences for Daisy, and a new Echo Fighter unveiled
- More fighter changes shown off
- New items and assist trophies shown off
- New fighter shown off
- Demo release date for console download
- "Available for pre-purchase today"

I'm personally expecting a gigantic info bomb like at E3.
It's a Smash specific event and that seems to be the method by which they're delivering information anyway. Giant concentrated information bombs. The blog is just a review of that information.
Fair enough. The gap between reveal and release is much shorter now than it ever was for any prior game...

BonafideFella

Smash Journeyman
Okay, hear me out...

Pauline is announced as a Peach Echo.
After Odyssey's release, her popularity skyrocketed but maybe too late for a new original character. So why not play off the fact that Peach was inspired by Pauline but vice-versa?
And I know she's on the New Donk stage, but this is a easy fix … ALPHONSE WILL TAKE THE STAGE!

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
I don't expect the ballot to be a huge influence on the newcomers, and I don't advise people to waltz into the Smash Direct expecting a triple reveal of K. Rool, Geno, and Bandana Dee (actually, I wouldn't even advise expecting even one of those characters).

Regardless, I've become more invested in this Direct possibly disproving Vergeben than I am with popular characters at the moment.

I think there's two reasonable outcomes we can expect, and I guarantee you one of them will happen. The first is that Simon or a new Pokemon character gets revealed and adds more credibility to Verge. The second is that someone completely unexpected appears (regardless of whether or not they're popular), destroys Verge's credibility, and allows us to speculate without any clue as to who could get in.
Verg: At last, my master plan is almost complete, now i'll i need is for Incineroar to be revealed and then everyone will praise me as "The Greatest Leaker In The Entire Wor-
*Lycanroc/Mimikyu/Decidueye gets revealed*
Verg: DAMN YOU SAKURAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIII!

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
-46 Hours Remain-

Well, unfortunately I have to go (to bed). I'll see you guys later.

I fully expect DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon to be inundated with leaks within the next 40 or so hours.
Godspeed, young Stalwart, godspeed. *salute*

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Crap-Zapper's Smash Ultimate, Bingo Card for Smash Direct, 8.8.2018.

Bingo card.png

Might be a tad difficult to understand everything, so here is a run-down on the Bingo card;

Row 1;

- Isabelle from Animal Crossing will appear, wether as AT, Cameo or Playable/Echo. Just got a feeling that in some way she will appear. Verg or not.

- A New 3rd Party Assist Trophy. After Bomberman's unfortunate demise as an AT we can only expect more 3rd Party characters to be deconfirmed.

- Minecraft Content. If there will be any MC content then hopefully not a playable character, but I could see a stage, or an assist trophy within Creeper.

- Shadow remains an Assist Trophy. I don't think they would go as far as getting the lisence for the character just to make him an echo. Original/semi-clone or bust. Shadow returns as an AT is the best bet.

- New Items. Pretty safe guess. Still it's not 100% certain, as some new items have already been revealed, if there are more, we'll see Wedensday.

Row 2;

- Alola/Gen 7 playable newcomer. Decidueye, Incineroar, Mimikyu, Tapu Koko, Lycanroc. I don't care. Something.

- Demo Release. We might hear something about a demo release if this will be the dump of our lives.

- King K. Rool & Dixie Kong combo reveal. This is a dream scenario for every DK fan. A fully fledge Original and a semi-clone? Would be happy.

- Smash Run returns. Very enlightened from the title.

- Dark Samus won't be playable. I just think DS is not going to be playable. I might be wrong, and I hope I am "IF" DS is not echo, but original, if she becomes an echo, then waste IMHO.

Row 3;

- Fountain of Dreams return. Fan favourite stage not yet revealed.

- No Simon Belmont. No underline means, no Simon Belmont, at least this time. It does not exclude if he comes later, if any, but not this time.

- FREE SPACE.

- No Indie Characters. Yes. No Indie characters. Until it actually happens I will not believe it.

- Retro Character. While it would be weird to see the retro in a direct, it could still happen. Still, a retro is more likely as a hidden character.

Row 4;

- Chrom is an Echo Fighter. We'll see if Chrom get's his chance another day, and that day might be Wedensday. Outside of DLC, I could see Chrom as the only new addition for Fire Emblem.

- Adventure Mode returns. A New form of Adventure Mode, a mix between Melee and Subspace, but not the fully fledge Subspace size.

- Ashley get's promoted to playable. With Wario Gold, and the popularity and marketing of Ashley, I think she is a viable choice. Thinking in veins of Rosalina in SSBWU/3DS. Plus, Wario Gold just came out.

- New costumes. Would make sense.

- New Pokémon in Pokéball. Safest bet out of all.

Row 5;

- Deconfirmation on Popular Picks. This will most likely be the graveyard hell for a lot of fan-favourites. Here's a hope to all of you brave souls out there that your favourites survives this day, but ... If they don't, and appear in game in some form, be happy they at least appear.

- Heihachi. No underline, means, I believe we will see Heihachi in some form. If he is Assist Trophy or Playable is whatever, but that we get to see Heihachi in this direct would make sense. Hopefully a playable, then I'd be pleased.

- New Stage. Another pretty safe bet. Perhaps now we will get "New Donk City" gameplay footage.

- Unexpected Sakurai Pick. Think in the veins of Wii Fit Trainer. No one knows who it is, but, it's obviousley Doshin the Giant.

- Waluigi Appear. No matter the context, Waluigi might appear, finally we will see him in the AT Trophy role, or perhaps Sakurai the troll will do more with Waluigi. We must remember that Waluigi is Sakurai's punching bag, and he does own a Waluigi plushie, so maybe that returns?

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Ok, I’m going to be honest.

Son Goku is more likely and wanted than that obscure monkey right here.
Wanted? Sure.
Likely? Hard disagree.

When was the last time Jump Goku was in a Kirby game lol

If we're trying to abide by ye olde arbitrary rules of engagement for Smash Bros, this Goku originated in a game for a Nintendo console (Famicom. The disk system, lol, but still). Obscurity is probably the only point against it when comparing the two Gokus. In fact, the other Goku being requested so much is probably also a point towards using the Goku that has already been in Nintendo's pocket considering they're based off of the same fictional character anyway. "They want that goku. We can't do that Goku, but we basically have the same character with less Akira Toriyama and screaming"

Would be an incredibly interesting retro character to bring in and nobody can convince me that the other Goku is more likely just cause people know about him more lol

Or are we going with "the obscurity and popularity 'rules' weigh more than all the other ones!"

imo the rules are dumb anyway

Neither character is going to happen more than likely, but I believe this to be the case if one of them were to be chosen.
EDIT:
You never know though. Maybe I'm suuuuuuper wrong, maybe I'm right on the money, but that only really goes to show that you can't really predict what he's going to put in anyway and using those rules to perhaps talk about a character's potential is okay, but using it as an argument against potential doesn't really work. In my opinion.

EDIT 2:
Also, I'm counting assist trophy representation.

Last edited:

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Oh hey look, this is a character that debuted on the NES. His name is Goku.
It's kind of funny how Nintendo has avoided adventure novel games in the past two decades.

Shin Onigashima
Yuuyuuki
Famicom Tantei Club
Tokimeki High School
Time Twist
Metal Slader Glory

Hopefully the latter game gets it's fan translation soon. Even if it's a just a stage or trophy, the Gundam robot from it would be kind of cool to be seen brought to life in Smash. Ironically the game being a massive failure gave rise to one of the largest turning points in Nintendo's history; HAL becoming a 2nd Party.

Aside from that, Shin Onigashima might have some Assist Trophy potential. It will be interesting to see if Codename: STEAM ends up in a similar spot as Yuuyuuki given they both borrow heavily from folklore. Tokimeki is a dating game featuring a celebrity, so no. Time Twist is too controversial.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Okay, hear me out...

Pauline is announced as a Peach Echo.
After Odyssey's release, her popularity skyrocketed but maybe too late for a new original character. So why not play off the fact that Peach was inspired by Pauline but vice-versa?
And I know she's on the New Donk stage, but this is a easy fix … ALPHONSE WILL TAKE THE STAGE!
But... We already have a Peach echo... :ultdaisy:

Granted there's nothing saying a character can't get two echoes yet. But would anyone really like one character getting more then one? xP

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
It's kind of funny how Nintendo has avoided adventure novel games in the past two decades.

Shin Onigashima
Yuuyuuki
Famicom Tantei Club
Tokimeki High School
Time Twist
Metal Slader Glory

Hopefully the latter game gets it's fan translation soon. Even if it's a just a stage or trophy, the Gundam robot from it would be kind of cool to be seen brought to life in Smash. Ironically the game being a massive failure gave rise to one of the largest turning points in Nintendo's history; HAL becoming a 2nd Party.

Aside from that, Shin Onigashima might have some Assist Trophy potential. It will be interesting to see if Codename: STEAM ends up in a similar spot as Yuuyuuki given they both borrow heavily from folklore. Tokimeki is a dating game featuring a celebrity, so no. Time Twist is too controversial.
Shin Onigashima got a song, right? It was a pretty awesome song too loool. It would be cool to see more from that list... besides the ones you mentioned being weird haha

And do you know what this means (aside from the obvious)?

It means that now there's a whole new crop of laughably bad, spicy 4chan "leaks". I decided to look some up out of bordeom, and here's what I've got:

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/426773559#q426773559
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/426726063#q426726063
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/426735932#q426735932
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/426772428#q426772428

Apparently, I better prepare my anus for "K.K Tool". Sounds like a quality character.

Oh yeah, and Dry Bones too. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom