• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'm actually looking at plays from Catching Zzs channel to remember why I liked this game in the first place. Just need something after the Bayo salt.
I find it funny that the Bayonetta salt mines have suddenly catapulted back into business.

Maybe it was the recent fiasco of the sudden her "being rigged in" news. :p

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
To be clear, are we upset because Bayonetta or are we upset that they didn't take being in EVO grand finals seriously to the point that TO had to come over and tell them to knock it off? I feel like one of these is definitely non-scrubby to be upset by...

Bayo vs. Bayo is boring overdone, and neither of the players were taking the match seriously.

Sm4sh deserved a better send-off.

At least Lima avenged Neitoto.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Is it bad that I'm watching the twitch chat more than the actual game?

These finals are actually a joke though. Neither of the players seem serious. They tried to stall and hold a live interview on stage until Bear pulled out the rulebook.

These are literal friendlies.

Nothing wrong with two buddies playing against each other in finals, but they ought to at least take it somewhat seriously. This comment says it well:

The commentators just said they're free. They wanted out.
Damn dude, seriously? I closed the stream and went to bed before I saw any of that.
That’s kinda screwed up.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Can someone bring me up to speed on what's been going on? I'm a bit slow on this stuff and also terminology. :skull: I wonder if it's been clipped and I'm just blind.

blazefan519

Smash Ace
I find it funny that the Bayonetta salt mines have suddenly catapulted back into business.

Maybe it was the recent fiasco of the sudden her "being rigged in" news. :p
I actually didn't care that she was "rigged in". I love her games and none of the top ballot choices were characters I cared for. It's just a horrible way to see Smash 4 go.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
To be clear, are we upset because Bayonetta or are we upset that they didn't take being in EVO grand finals seriously to the point that TO had to come over and tell them to knock it off? I feel like one of these is definitely non-scrubby to be upset by...
Seems people are upset by the latter and just disappointed about the former.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Damn dude, seriously? I closed the stream and went to bed before I saw any of that.
That’s kinda screwed up.
They later said they were "joking," but I find it hard to believe.

Maybe the big reveal was the friendships we made along the way...

Shroob

Sup?
4 years ago on this night we were probably dying for Smash 4 to come out ASAP while we waited patiently for Monday's PoTD... Now look at us.:awesome:

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
I don't follow tournaments or competitive Smash in the slightest, but if Bayonetta is such a known problem, why isn't she just banned? Didn't they do that with Meta Knight back in the Brawl days?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
4 years ago on this night we were probably dying for Smash 4 to come out ASAP while we waited patiently for Monday's PoTD... Now look at us.:awesome:
But do people like it more or less than Brawl in the endgame?

blazefan519

Smash Ace
I don't follow tournaments or competitive Smash in the slightest, but if Bayonetta is such a known problem, why isn't she just banned? Didn't they do that with Meta Knight back in the Brawl days?
Well for starters, she's nowhere near as bad as Metaknight and the ban would have likely caused a split in the Smash 4 fanbase. Some people wanted her banned and some didn't. But now that the game's on it's way out, most simply just didn't care anymore.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Because that would be sportsmanship.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Didn't watch the tournament. What happened that caused the sodium contents to rise to elevated levels?

BlueMagician

Smash Journeyman
She's in the sweet spot where she's not considered strong enough to be banned but still stronger than the rest

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
The results for Bayo weren't oppressive enough and thus a ban isn't really justified, though according to BarnardsLoop (the guy who does a ton of results gathering and wrote articles about hers and doubles Cloud's prominence) they are trending upward and could have potentially reached that point before Ultimate came along.

Cheryl~

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1511-1076-9918
Didn't watch the tournament. What happened that caused the sodium contents to rise to elevated levels?
Grand finals were simply terrible, they literally decided to have an interview in the middle of a match until Bear pulled out the rule book on stalling. Other than that, just disappointment that Smash 4 has to go out like this. Also Bayo ditto is the icing on the cake.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
August 5th, 2014 was actually a Tuesday, the pic we got that day was apparently the Daybreak.

We'd get Meta Knight less than a week from then, little did we know how Sakurai would play us though.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Hire a ****ing balance team, Nintendo, lmao.

Stop making Soccer-Ice the head of your balance patches.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
The first time Zack flipped off the audience, I was still on his side. The second time, less so. After he and Lima literally stopped fighting for three minutes in the middle of grand finals, for honestly no reason but to troll their haters, he lost me completely.

It certainly doesn't help he teabags after every stock he takes.

There was definitely some booing toward the other Bayos, but frankly, it's pretty obvious a lot of the hate Zack was getting was for being Zack.

Shroob

Sup?
Bayonetta's a lot like Landorus-Therian.

Not strong enough to be banned out of OU, but you groan whenever you see it on another team and wish it was.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
The first time Zack flipped off the audience, I was still on his side. The second time, less so. After he and Lima literally stopped fighting for three minutes in the middle of grand finals, for honestly no reason but to troll their haters, he lost me completely.

It certainly doesn't help he teabags after every stock he takes.

There was definitely some booing toward the other Bayos, but frankly, it's pretty obvious a lot of the hate Zack was getting was for being Zack.
Seriously man. I didn’t know this had happened till it was brought up in this thread but I went from disinterested to genuinely irritated about what happened. What in the world??

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
If you guys are so disappointed, what would have you wanted Smash 4 to go out like?

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
If you guys are so disappointed, what would have you wanted Smash 4 to go out like?
Two people taking the game seriously and treating the EVO Grand Finals with the amount of respect it deserves.

That's all I wanted.

Seagull Joe put it best:
There was a problem fetching the tweet
And this Reddit comment expands on it well:
I see where he's coming from.

Imagine being one of the top players that had a chance to win EVO, the biggest annual fighting game event, but you don't make it to grand finals and see the 2 guys that did make it just goofing off.

It would make me angry too.

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero

Covering wars. Covering ghosts. Covering baddies in paint.

This is the artist pack, enjoy

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
To explain, my comment was made before grand finals.

Holy **** that went awful fast.

BlueMagician

Smash Journeyman
I was fine with Bayo vs Bayo, actually, just normal and better.

Although, the actual ideal would have been Leo and Tweek showing up. Even if they didn't make it to finals.

edit: and everyone else who couldn't make it, while I'm at it

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom