• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Playing some Fortune Street 'cause I was in the mood (against CPUs with chatter on).

Apparently going through Warp Pipes gives Yoshi Motion Sickness...
Also Waluigi hates walking.
Not familiar with that game too much, but shouldn't EVERYONE have motion sickness going through warp pipes in a game like that?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Super Smash Ultimate v1.01 Patch Notes:

- Nerfed Bayonetta
--- Audience now shouts "git gud" at Bayonetta's opponent, tilting them into popping off.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Not familiar with that game too much, but shouldn't EVERYONE have motion sickness going through warp pipes in a game like that?
You'd think so, but Yoshi told me.
Yoshi: Yoshi. Yoshi? (I always get motion sickness warping like that. Don't you, [Player]?)"
Yes, all Yoshi says is "Yoshi", but then the game translates for you.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Implying Sakurai is gonna balance SSBU better, huehuehue
I can only pray the head shake of shame means something.

That's why I mentioned it????

I'm saying Dry Bowser should just be an alt because there's no reason for him to be an Echo

You mentioned blue fire

I mentioned they can just change the colour without changing anything (like with Bayonetta)

You mentioned Dark Pits arrows

So I pointed that Dark Pit had a different personality which is why he's an echo and makes sense as an echo.

Dry Bowser does everything Bowser does and has the same personality. That's why he should be an alt. He's just Bowser with no skin.
And Dr. Mario is Mario but in a different costume, so what? If you think I'm speaking nonsense, look at Alph and tell me who's suffering the most.
Even the smallest difference can be utilized. Dry Bowser shouldn't be an Echo. Hell, he shouldn't even be a playable character. But it's definitely easy to see why people would suddenly view him as Echo material

Shroob

Sup?
Playing some Fortune Street 'cause I was in the mood (against CPUs with chatter on).

Apparently going through Warp Pipes gives Yoshi Motion Sickness...
Also Waluigi hates walking.
Boneitis is a serious condition that affects 1 abnormally lanky Italian man every year.

Last edited:

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
They were doing so well with the base game, and then it all went down hill!!!

Now that Cloud and Bayonetta are in the base game, maybe the devs will know what the **** they're doing with those characters...

osby

Smash Obsessed
Sakurai was able to make a top character not so oppressive before (Fox), and he RUSHED THAT GAME!!!
Nice joke.

EDIT: Melee had less unique newcomers in any game.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?

Now that Cloud and Bayonetta are in the base game, maybe the devs will know what the **** they're doing with those characters...
>Doing so well with the base game

*Laughs in HOO-HAH*

KMDP

Smash Legend
Boneitis is a serious condition that affects 1 abnormally lanky Italian man every year.
Truly a tragic story. Waluigi needs to win to pay his medical bills.

I mean I'm still in the lead and he's in last place, so whatever.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

It's amazing how most of the DLC was immediately top of the game, either at their time/peak or overall.

poor :ultlucas: tho

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
It's amazing how most of the DLC was immediately top of the game, either at their time/peak or overall.

Wasn't Roy also always considered kinda ****?

I remember he got hyped to hell on launch, but when the tier was updated, he was pretty low.

blazefan519

Smash Ace

Didn't ZeRo lose to a Lucas player at one point. They're all about those footstool combos which won't be a thing in ultimate rip

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Nice joke.
Melee Fox is VERY manageable.
>Doing so well with the base game

*Laughs in HOO-HAH*
When I say "base game" I mean the cast of characters balancing was intended for.

I would say that the veteran DLCs had it rough (even Mewtwo at first)

Honest Slug

Smash Journeyman
Actually Mewtwo was considered bad at first and then became high-tier after many buffs.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Wasn't Roy also always considered kinda ****?

I remember he got hyped to hell on launch, but when the tier was updated, he was pretty low.
Also had a lot to do with Roy competing with pre-buff Marcina.

Cheryl~

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1511-1076-9918

Lucas at least had more luck than Roy, who still can’t get above low-tier in Melee and 4..

Also I can’t believe I’m saying this but seeing a Cloud in these finals would be refreshing than all the Bayos...

osby

Smash Obsessed
Melee Fox is VERY manageable.
When I say "base game" I mean the cast of characters balancing was intended for.

I would say that the veteran DLCs had it rough (even Mewtwo at first)
Melee Fox literally has his own tier because Shine breaks the game and it's pretty much impossible to fight against him with any character lower then mid tier.

**Gilgamesh**

Smash Ace
Seeing this kind of result is a mix of therapeutic and depressing for me. I've long argued we ban too much and that it hurts diversity. Smash 4, where we banned so many perfectly fine stages and banned customs, now we have this big final showcase that is a wall of Bayonetta played almost exclusively on Smashville and Town and City. It's like "I was right" but also "how can I possibly prevent this from happening in Ultimate?". It's a hard situation...

Bayo is completely on a SS tier level.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Honestly Ridley seems like he's fairly overpowered. Even if he's about as light as Mario, he's still got a lot of range in his attacks, arguably about as much as Cloud. I also saw him performing some pretty strong-looking aerials in his trailer. That's not even bringing up his down special which deals 50%+ AND leaves your opponent vulnerable for a follow-up if sweetspotted, which seems about as easy to land as DK's forward aerial.

I don't think he's gonna be fun at all to play against, at least in the first few months of release.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Yeah EVO got pretty boring on my end, Smash 4 for me is just Brawl all over again. Instead of Brawl MK-only tourneys you got Bayo-only tourneys.
or one of these

osby

Smash Obsessed
Honestly Ridley seems like he's fairly overpowered. Even if he's about as light as Mario, he's still got a lot of range in his attacks, arguably about as much as Cloud. I also saw him performing some pretty strong-looking aerials in his trailer. That's not even bringing up his down special which deals 50%+ AND leaves your opponent vulnerable for a follow-up if sweetspotted, which seems about as easy to land as DK's forward aerial.

I don't think he's gonna be fun at all to play against, at least in the first few months of release.
It would be great if everyone hate Ridley because he's broken, after complaining about him not being playable for ten years.

Honest Slug

Smash Journeyman
Bayo isn't nearly as bad as Meta Knight. I haven't watched competitive Brawl in a long time but there were way more Meta Knights and Meta Knight was a much more impossible character to deal with on average, like by the end they took up at least half of the competitive scene. Bayo is OP but I think some people are forgetting how much on another level Meta Knight was. Bayo is more comparable to Melee Fox or 64 Pikachu.

Hard to say about Ridley but I don't think they'll be OP or even top-tier. His weight will make him juggle food and his terrible recovery looks highly exploitable.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
We get broken fighters every game so don't worry on that front...
3/4 of those broken characters couldn't be patched.
Smash 4 was so late into its life that there were not enough patches they could generate before they discontinued doing them in the first place before they did it once again to rid of the Miiverse stuff.

As long as the DLC is healthily supported and it doesn't stop getting updates I'd say at least a year after the final DLC character we get, I feel like nobody can truly be that overpowered until somebody finds a new technique.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
It would be great if everyone hate Ridley because he's broken, after complaining about him not being playable for ten years.
The best kind of irony.
---
More Yoshi Quotes for Zinith Zinith .
Yoshi: Yoshi Yoshi! (For a second, I thought this die was a Big Yoshi Egg!)
Yup.
Yoshi: Yoshi Yoshi. (My wallet was SO hungry, thanks for feeding it.)
Yoshi is so hungry even his wallet wants food.
Yoshi: Yoshi Yoshi! (I want to expand my shop. I want it to be bigger than Dinosaur Land!)
Obligatory :dkmelee:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom