• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
We don't know anything about the New Donk City stage really. We can't begin to speculate over whether it will be a good competitive stage or a horrible basically unplayable stage.
Well, at least it will have Pauline which is always a plus in my book

ThyCheshireCat

Smash Apprentice
The Former British Empire of great Britain.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Part of me hopes that whole ''Nintendo is sending out false information themselves to lead people off the trail" extends to Vergeben.

Imagine if they were just feeding him lies and he was gobbling them up.

Imagine allll the peopleeeeee~~~~

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I can't think of a gimmick from New Donk City that would make for an annoying hazard unless they have the Festival. The entire point of that level was the novelty of Mario being in a semi-realistic cityscape

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Going to throw in my two cents I’m regards to these rumors, Vergeben, and these percentages people throw around.

I actually just read the full article that the Gen 7 Pokemon character in Ultimate is, as Vergeben has mentioned, "Not Decidueye, Mimikyu, or Lycanroc". Not only does this, to me, make things interesting but it also hopefully puts things into perspective for these boards.

Who were considered the top 3 for Gen 7 Pokemon on Smashboards? Lycanrock, Mimikyu, and Decidueye.

if Vergeben does indeed get this right, I think everybody on this site needs to really stop and consider how we got this stuff wrong. Part of me will find it hilarious that it wasn't any of the "no-brainer" picks that this site seems to have the "ride or die" attitude toward, but I'm really just interested in gameplay at this point.

I'm also seeing more comments that suggest Vergeben is a fraud, or that he's seeking attention. I must say that all the people/posts saying that no cuts, Ridley and Snake weren't that hard to guess are absolutely going by revisionist history with this Smash Bros. game.

While Ridley showed up in plenty of leaks, Vergeben doubled down on his reveal at E3. He doubled down on Snake. Snake was not an easy pick to double down on whatsoever, because as a Snake fan myself (and the many others on this site) if anybody thought Snake was likely they were basically told they were delusional because "Konami sux lmao".

In regards to no cuts, I can confirm that the group of people thinking we'd get no cuts was definitely below 25%. For some time, I felt like I was pretty vocally in support of no cuts, and I was then told by multiple people (on this website) that, "There's no way! Cuts are inevitable!" or "You're looking through rose-tinted glasses, there's always cuts!". Yet here we are.

I'm not entirely sure why people are also just saying nasty things or assuming things about Vergeben when they don't even know the guy. Yeah, he's leaking information that he receives. Yeah, he's been wrong before. But the information with this game so far has been correct. It's like there are strangers on the internet who hate him because he's the one getting the information and they aren't.

It's just bizarre to me that people are legitimately saying that Vergeben is "slimy", an "attention seeker", a "liar"...like, if you were given information of this sort, you'd probably be doing the same thing. You'd also, considering you've had bad sources before, want to verify the information before you tell other people. Instead, people are literally just talking **** to/about a person they've never met, all because of information about a ****ing video game. It's nuts.
---
Anyway, I think if this information is correct it'll be refreshing. Not only has this board limited discussion to 3 characters mainly, but we really haven't seen a good discussion of other options. Personally, I think Incineroar, Kommo-O, or an Ultra Beast would be really cool in Smash. There's still plenty to talk about.
Actually now that I look back at the Pokémon that we’re usually supported, outside of Smashboards in like YouTube or Twitter, etc.

It usually was Decidueye first (obviously), and Incineroar second. Incineroar has always been one of the second most probable characters I most people’s eyes when discussing Pokémon.

Heck even on Smashboards during the early Smash Switch speculation (like 2016/2017) Incineroar was considered one of the big three since people here thought he was also possible being a wrestling starter.

I wouldn’t say no one here did not consider Incineroar, since most people were clear that Incineroar had a strong possibility as well. I had him as the top 2 most likely against Lycanroc, and that was the sudden shift recently before Vergeben’s recent bombardment as well. If Decidueye isn’t as likely, who were the prominent ones? Lycanroc and Incineroar, they’re both everywhere and more people started pushing Incineroar.

And then Verge made his statement and everyone is one the InCENAroar train.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
I can't think of a gimmick from New Donk City that would make for an annoying hazard unless they have the Festival. The entire point of that level was the novelty of Mario being in a semi-realistic cityscape
The gimmick is that you fight in the middle of a crowded sidewalk trying to squeeze by people so that you can beat your opponent. Also, everytime you pass through somebody they say "EY! IM WALKING HERE!"

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Last edited:

Questionmark222

Smash Journeyman
I do not deny that Incineroar is a notably promoted Pokemon in that movie and that the anime seems to imply plot-wise that Ash's Torracat will turn into its final-evolution soon, but my biggest beef with Incineroar is the moveset potential. Sakurai from Brawl and onwards has paid close attention to choosing newcomers that have unique traits. With Charizard and Bowser being planned for Ultimate, I fail to see how Incineroar would catch Sakurai's eye. There is the wrestling part of him that makes Incineroar somewhat distinct, but I do not believe the trait alone will be able to make Sakurai meaningfully distinguish him from the veterans I mentioned when constructing a moveset and seeing the Pokemon's concept art.

We already have characters that have a play-style of being a powerful heavyweight using a degree of fire-based attacks. And to a small degree, Bowser is sort of a wrestling type character already with his grappling Side-B and maybe his Down-B. I understand why people would move to predicting Incineroar after Verge's new information, but I have trouble picturing that it would happen for real when considering Sakurai's emphasis on character individuality. It is part of why I feel very sketchy about predicting a Pokemon newcomer that is not Mimikyu, Decidueye, or Lycanroc. No other Pokemon after those choices make much sense to me, when considering the Pokemon criteria Sakurai gave in a Smash 4 interview.
You basically summed up all of my thoughts on that matter.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
On NDC, Mario throwing Cappy around is a stage hazard. If he takes control of you, he walks off the stage while controlling you.

Alfonzo throws his bandanna on you if Mario is fighting in the match.

It doesn't do anything, but you kinda look cool wearing it.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
On NDC, Mario throwing Cappy around is a stage hazard. If he takes control of you, he walks off the stage while controlling you.

Alfonzo throws his bandanna on you if Mario is fighting in the match.

It doesn't do anything, but you kinda look cool wearing it.
Okay, but hear me out.....

Bandanna Bandanna Dee.

Double the Bandanna.

You're welcome.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Nope. We've been hearing Silly Songs with Larry all day and it's been awful.
We are the Smashboards who don't do anything.
We just stay home and discuss leaks.
And if you ask us to do anything, we'll just ask you.
"Would Shadow be an Echo Fighter?"

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
You know, I was thinking, Sega did buy Atlus a while ago, which could theoretically make negotiations for SMT/Persona/Jack Frost content a lot easier.

I also see a large chunk of her fanbase is comprised of ''Oooooh a mid-drift."

Which shocks me cause it's like we're back in the late 90's and everyone is scandalized by Britney Spears again.
Incidentally, the first game was released right after the late 90s, and Rottytops has the fashion to match.

I mean, to be fair, there aren't many kids' game series that happen to have an oddly sexy design philosophy for the girls. Also, the West (specifically USA) is generally a wee bit more sensitive to sexy content, yet are a-ok with bloody violence after the ERSB was started. Hell, GTA's Hot Coffee incident is a notable instance of the former.

Last edited:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
I do not deny that Incineroar is a notably promoted Pokemon in that movie and that the anime seems to imply plot-wise that Ash's Torracat will turn into its final-evolution soon, but my biggest beef with Incineroar is the moveset potential. Sakurai from Brawl and onwards has paid close attention to choosing newcomers that have unique traits. With Charizard and Bowser being planned for Ultimate, I fail to see how Incineroar would catch Sakurai's eye. There is the wrestling part of him that makes Incineroar somewhat distinct, but I do not believe the trait alone will be able to make Sakurai meaningfully distinguish him from the veterans I mentioned when constructing a moveset and seeing the Pokemon's concept art.

We already have characters that have a play-style of being a powerful heavyweight using a degree of fire-based attacks. And to a small degree, Bowser is sort of a wrestling type character already with his grappling Side-B and maybe his Down-B. I understand why people would move to predicting Incineroar after Verge's new information, but I have trouble picturing that it would happen for real when considering Sakurai's emphasis on character individuality. It is part of why I feel very sketchy about predicting a Pokemon newcomer that is not Mimikyu, Decidueye, or Lycanroc. No other Pokemon after those choices make much sense to me, when considering the Pokemon criteria Sakurai gave in a Smash 4 interview.
The wrestling component alongside the Dark-type would help stand out. It does get moves like Crunch, Nasty Plot, Throat Chop and Darkest Lariat, its signature move. It's possible that Incineroar may not use Fire a whole lot aside from the typical standard special projectile that so many people have already (:ultbowser::ultmario::ultluigi::ultryu::4charizard::ultridley:). A key component to Incineroar's character is it's love for fighting, especially dirty fighting (The PokeDex mentions its "selfish disposition", it's "rough manner" and "egotistical" nature; it wants to win at any cost, and will sink to any level to do so. After all, it's based on the heel wrestlers. We may also have characters like Bowser who borrow from grapplers already, but we also had a ninja character last game (:4sheik:) and yet we got another one (:4greninja:) that play nothing alike despite borrowing from the same design concept of ninjas. There's also nothing wrong with having multiple grapplers, especially if they play differently.

Untouch

Smash Master
I see "if i make my leak really bad that means people will believe it, because usually the bad leaks are the correct ones" is now in fashion.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
I doubt anything Smash. I'm really only hoping to get some more Soul Calibur names.
Just waiting for them to drop Talim, and Seong Mi-Na to the list.
Newcomers yet to be revealed: Chibi-Robo, Chrom*, Dark Samus*, Hades, Isabelle*, K. Rool, Ms. Pac-Man*, Pheromosa, Rayman,
A leak with Phosphora? Miracles do happen.
Two characters have a son, their son doesn't appear in the trailer.
I knew my SonicXBlaze (Sonaze) Fanfic was good enough to become canon in Smash. Take that naysayers.
I have a source that told me that these characters will be in the game.

Ashley
Dixie Kong
Elma
Impa
Isabelle
Joker (Persona 5)
Gardevoir
Lana (Hyrule Warriors)
This a good list of characters I'd love it if it was true, if it also had Yu Narukami that'd be dope too.

Also I got 27 leaks, but Ammy ain't one :( XD

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
That's kinda gross. It's like someone just kinda made a bunch of basic gradients everywhere.
Which means it's probably real! Just kidding.

For what it's worth, the menu items translate as (clockwise from top-left):
Tickets (top left), Smash!, Online, Games and More, Tournament Mode, Content Store, Adventure Mode (bottom-left)

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
The wrestling component alongside the Dark-type would help stand out. It does get moves like Crunch, Nasty Plot, Throat Chop and Darkest Lariat, its signature move. It's possible that Incineroar may not use Fire a whole lot aside from the typical standard special projectile that so many people have already (:ultbowser::ultmario::ultluigi::ultryu::4charizard::ultridley:). A key component to Incineroar's character is it's love for fighting, especially dirty fighting (The PokeDex mentions its "selfish disposition", it's "rough manner" and "egotistical" nature; it wants to win at any cost, and will sink to any level to do so. After all, it's based on the heel wrestlers. We may also have characters like Bowser who borrow from grapplers already, but we also had a ninja character last game (:4sheik:) and yet we got another one (:4greninja:) that play nothing alike despite borrowing from the same design concept of ninjas. There's also nothing wrong with having multiple grapplers, especially if they play differently.
With the second to last-point, I suppose it is fair that Sakurai might find individuality in Incineroar based on its concept art and Game Freak telling Sakurai its unique personality traits. But eh, I personally cannot see it still. If Incineroar happens, Sakurai better emphasize the 'dirty fighting' aspect of Incineroar's character, otherwise I will question the addition if his reveal trailer does not have show his moveset and playstyle individuality.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Pheromosa's a Pokemon

Still can't believe we got a lady Gaga Pokemon before we got a dolphin Pokemon.
Did they ever say if Lusamine got her fashion sense from Pherosmosa or is it a cosmic coincidence?

CodakTheWarrior

Smash Ace
Today's daily Moveset is another cartoon character from one of my favorite shows; Eddy from Ed, Edd, and Eddy!

***Eddy Moveset***

From the hit show "Ed, Edd, and Eddy", the less-than-intelligent, bumbling idiot that is Eddy has somehow found his way to the game of Smash! Eddy uses a cacophony of different toys and gadgets from the cul-de-sac to leave his opponents questioning what they've even witnessed. Eddy is ready to bring his own 'special' flair to the opposition!

Eddy is overall quite speedy despite his lumbering appearance, falling ever so slightly on the higher side of the speed scale. Coinciding with this speed, Eddy is also, surprisingly, pretty light. Eddy's got an above average jump height as well, putting a seriously springy pep in his step. Unfortunately, to balance all of his other superb stats, Eddy's attacks are overall weak in the damage and knock back department. However, Eddy can also attack very quickly to build up damage in a quick period of time to make up for this. Eddy cannot crawl or wall jump either.

Specials:

Neutral Special: Jawbreaker- This is one of Eddy's strongest moves and is a major source of kill power for the character. Once the move is initially used, Eddy will throw out a small jawbreaker towards opponents that does a pathetic 1% if it hits. Once it hits solid ground however, Eddy can then begin to interact with it (the jawbreaker is not a recovery item). While it's still small, Eddy can continue to throw the jawbreaker around, or push it along on the ground. The more it touches solid ground, the bigger the jawbreaker will get as if it were a snowball. Once it reaches a big enough size, Eddy can't pick up the jawbreaker and can only roll it, and it will eventually reach a limit on its size. Eddy can then hit the jawbreaker with his own attacks to knock it into the opponents, which will deal major damage if its big enough. However, be wary as opponents can also interact with the jawbreaker as well, meaning it could backfire on yourself (only Eddy can push it). If the jawbreaker falls off the stage at any point, it will have to be built up again. This makes careful strategy around the maintenance of the jawbreaker vital, just like his addiction to jawbreakers in the show.

Side Special: Lawn Mower Mush- Using this attack will automatically have Eddy hold onto a lawn mower for dear life and blaze straight forward at an intense speed, functioning similarly to Bowser Jr.'s side Special from smash 4. Unlike that attack, however, Eddy can't stop the move nor jump out of it. He can jump off of the mower, though, and he'd better do so if he doesn't want to receive recoil damage for hitting the opponent while on the mower (upwards of 10% to be exact). Eddy can also utilize the mower as an additional recovery move as well, allowing the move to be very dynamic on the battlefield.

Up Special: Eddy's 'Car Wash'- A hose appears that Eddy foolishly puts in his mouth, only for the hose to turn on and rise Eddy up in the air. The move does cover some impressive distance and Eddy can move back and forth while the move is active. However, the move doesn't do any damage, making it a strictly-recovery move.

Down Special: Helmet Head- This move is a very interesting move that changes the Eddy's stats at will. Using the move will put a Football helmet on Eddy's head for a total of 20 seconds. While wearing the helmet, every attack of Eddy's will be GREATLY amplified, allowing Eddy to become a serious powerhouse when he isn't normally. However, due to his increased clumsiness in this state, Eddy will receive recoil damage for EVERY move he uses, including those that don't deal damage to others. This makes the move a serious risk that could pay off if he plays his cards right. Once the 20 second duration is up, Eddy will have to wait through a 10 second cooldown before he can put on the helmet again.

Normals:

Jab: Eddy takes a Ping-Pong racket and repeatedly smacks the ball into the opponent. It deals incredibly minor damage at first, but will quickly stack up the longer it lasts.

F-Tilt: Eddy takes candy out of pockets and slings it towards opponents, deals minimal damage but stacks up.

U-Tilt: Eddy swipes upwards with his arm to deal minimal damage, very quick.

D-Tilt: Eddy spins around in a circle, causing damage with his jacket. Move is very quick, which leaves Eddy dizzy for a moment.

Dash Attack: This move has Eddy hop in a wagon and speed through opponents. The move does some decent damage and keeps Eddy's speed up as well.

Smashes:

F-Smash: A pile of leaves appears in front of Eddy as he holds a leaf blower. Once he releases the attack, Eddy will blow the leaves into the opponent with some force. The individual leaves do virtually no damage but, given the sheer amount of leaves, ends up doing a good lot of damage anyway.

U-Smash: Similar to Ness's up Smash, Eddy takes a yo-yo and slings it in the air. Unlike Ness's, though, the attack doesn't go from one side of Eddy to the other. It instead goes straight up in the air a good distance before returning to where it started.

D-Smash: Eddy takes out a baseball bat and swings it on the ground in a circle. One of Eddy's strongest moves, but doesn't have too much range.

Aerials:

N-Air: Eddy spins a yo-yo around him in a quick circular motion.

F-Air: Eddy head butts the opponent with his big head. The move is veeerry slow when its starting up, but has a devastating meteor Smash effect if it hits.

U-Air: Eddy claps the air quickly in an attempt to catch a fly, doing minor damage in exchange for a fast attack.

D-Air: Eddy takes out a fishing rod and slings it down beneath it. The move is incredibly slow I'm start up, and most of the rod does little damage. However, if opponents are hit by the actual hook of the line, they will be met with a guaranteed meteor Smash and will plummeted downwards, essentially a guaranteed kill if used in midair.

B-Air: Eddy slaps behind him in the air. Very minimal damage but incredibly quick.

Grab/Pummel: For the grab, Eddy lunges forward to snatch opponent with his hands. In Pummel, Eddy merely bashes the foe repeatedly with his head while laughing like an idiot.

Throws: For Forward throw, Eddy picks up opponent and rolls them across the ground like a bowling ball. Back throw has Eddy throw opponent between legs and behind him like a Football. Up throw has Eddy dribble opponent on ground like a basketball before throwing them upwards. Down throw has Eddy leap up in the air and spike opponent downwards like a volleyball, meteor smashing them.

Final Smash: Horror Movie Night- Eddy hops in the middle of the screen where a small TV plops down with horror movies playing on it. While it's playing, various shadowy, demonic creatures will come out of the screen and cause havoc to the other players for around 15 seconds or so, all the while Eddy is obliviously watching the TV. Once the time is up, the creatures will return to the TV and Eddy will resume the fight.

Taunts: Up taunt causes Eddy to blow bubble gum, only for it to blow up in his face. Side taunt has Eddy blow up a balloon animal, laugh, and then accidentally pop it. Down taunt has Eddy lie down and sketch on the ground with chalk for a bit before standing up, can actually doge some attack while laying down.

Alts: Eddy's 7 color swaps change his clothing color to match other characters from the show, such as yellow for Rolf, red for Double-D, etc.

Stage: Peach Creek Alley- A basic stage set behind a fence and on a river. The stage doesn't scroll so players have to constantly hop across pieces of debris and trash to stay alive. The various bits of trash have varying effects that will change the way the battle is done in a flash.

Poseidome title: "Dumb, Dumbb, and Dumber"

Hope you all like it! I thought it would be really difficult to make a Moveset for him but it turned out to be pretty easy! I'm still working on the fan game so tomorrow will be another Spongebob character, you're welcome to make bets on who!

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Still can't believe we got a lady Gaga Pokemon before we got a dolphin Pokemon.
Did they ever say if Lusamine got her fashion sense from Pherosmosa or is it a cosmic coincidence?
Back during the lead up to Sun and Moon the common theory was that Ultra Beasts were aliens disguising as humans, hence why Lillie looked like Nihilego, Lusamine looked like Pheromosa. Guzma looked like Xurkitree, etc. Turns out it was all a huge coincidence.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
To be honest, the idea of Incenaroar doesn't excite me as I'd much rather have Zangief or Mike "Mayor of Earth" Haggar to represent that fighting style.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Today's daily Moveset is another cartoon character from one of my favorite shows; Eddy from Ed, Edd, and Eddy!

[spolier]***Eddy Moveset***

From the hit show "Ed, Edd, and Eddy", the less-than-intelligent, bumbling idiot that is Eddy has somehow found his way to the game of Smash! Eddy uses a cacophony of different toys and gadgets from the cul-de-sac to leave his opponents questioning what they've even witnessed. Eddy is ready to bring his own 'special' flair to the opposition!

Eddy is overall quite speedy despite his lumbering appearance, falling ever so slightly on the higher side of the speed scale. Coinciding with this speed, Eddy is also, surprisingly, pretty light. Eddy's got an above average jump height as well, putting a seriously springy pep in his step. Unfortunately, to balance all of his other superb stats, Eddy's attacks are overall weak in the damage and knock back department. However, Eddy can also attack very quickly to build up damage in a quick period of time to make up for this. Eddy cannot crawl or wall jump either.

Specials:

Neutral Special: Jawbreaker- This is one of Eddy's strongest moves and is a major source of kill power for the character. Once the move is initially used, Eddy will throw out a small jawbreaker towards opponents that does a pathetic 1% if it hits. Once it hits solid ground however, Eddy can then begin to interact with it (the jawbreaker is not a recovery item). While it's still small, Eddy can continue to throw the jawbreaker around, or push it along on the ground. The more it touches solid ground, the bigger the jawbreaker will get as if it were a snowball. Once it reaches a big enough size, Eddy can't pick up the jawbreaker and can only roll it, and it will eventually reach a limit on its size. Eddy can then hit the jawbreaker with his own attacks to knock it into the opponents, which will deal major damage if its big enough. However, be wary as opponents can also interact with the jawbreaker as well, meaning it could backfire on yourself (only Eddy can push it). If the jawbreaker falls off the stage at any point, it will have to be built up again. This makes careful strategy around the maintenance of the jawbreaker vital, just like his addiction to jawbreakers in the show.

Side Special: Lawn Mower Mush- Using this attack will automatically have Eddy hold onto a lawn mower for dear life and blaze straight forward at an intense speed, functioning similarly to Bowser Jr.'s side Special from smash 4. Unlike that attack, however, Eddy can't stop the move nor jump out of it. He can jump off of the mower, though, and he'd better do so if he doesn't want to receive recoil damage for hitting the opponent while on the mower (upwards of 10% to be exact). Eddy can also utilize the mower as an additional recovery move as well, allowing the move to be very dynamic on the battlefield.

Up Special: Eddy's 'Car Wash'- A hose appears that Eddy foolishly puts in his mouth, only for the hose to turn on and rise Eddy up in the air. The move does cover some impressive distance and Eddy can move back and forth while the move is active. However, the move doesn't do any damage, making it a strictly-recovery move.

Down Special: Helmet Head- This move is a very interesting move that changes the Eddy's stats at will. Using the move will put a Football helmet on Eddy's head for a total of 20 seconds. While wearing the helmet, every attack of Eddy's will be GREATLY amplified, allowing Eddy to become a serious powerhouse when he isn't normally. However, due to his increased clumsiness in this state, Eddy will receive recoil damage for EVERY move he uses, including those that don't deal damage to others. This makes the move a serious risk that could pay off if he plays his cards right. Once the 20 second duration is up, Eddy will have to wait through a 10 second cooldown before he can put on the helmet again.

Normals:

Jab: Eddy takes a Ping-Pong racket and repeatedly smacks the ball into the opponent. It deals incredibly minor damage at first, but will quickly stack up the longer it lasts.

F-Tilt: Eddy takes candy out of pockets and slings it towards opponents, deals minimal damage but stacks up.

U-Tilt: Eddy swipes upwards with his arm to deal minimal damage, very quick.

D-Tilt: Eddy spins around in a circle, causing damage with his jacket. Move is very quick, which leaves Eddy dizzy for a moment.

Dash Attack: This move has Eddy hop in a wagon and speed through opponents. The move does some decent damage and keeps Eddy's speed up as well.

Smashes:

F-Smash: A pile of leaves appears in front of Eddy as he holds a leaf blower. Once he releases the attack, Eddy will blow the leaves into the opponent with some force. The individual leaves do virtually no damage but, given the sheer amount of leaves, ends up doing a good lot of damage anyway.

U-Smash: Similar to Ness's up Smash, Eddy takes a yo-yo and slings it in the air. Unlike Ness's, though, the attack doesn't go from one side of Eddy to the other. It instead goes straight up in the air a good distance before returning to where it started.

D-Smash: Eddy takes out a baseball bat and swings it on the ground in a circle. One of Eddy's strongest moves, but doesn't have too much range.

Aerials:

N-Air: Eddy spins a yo-yo around him in a quick circular motion.

F-Air: Eddy head butts the opponent with his big head. The move is veeerry slow when its starting up, but has a devastating meteor Smash effect if it hits.

U-Air: Eddy claps the air quickly in an attempt to catch a fly, doing minor damage in exchange for a fast attack.

D-Air: Eddy takes out a fishing rod and slings it down beneath it. The move is incredibly slow I'm start up, and most of the rod does little damage. However, if opponents are hit by the actual hook of the line, they will be met with a guaranteed meteor Smash and will plummeted downwards, essentially a guaranteed kill if used in midair.

B-Air: Eddy slaps behind him in the air. Very minimal damage but incredibly quick.

Grab/Pummel: For the grab, Eddy lunges forward to snatch opponent with his hands. In Pummel, Eddy merely bashes the foe repeatedly with his head while laughing like an idiot.

Throws: For Forward throw, Eddy picks up opponent and rolls them across the ground like a bowling ball. Back throw has Eddy throw opponent between legs and behind him like a Football. Up throw has Eddy dribble opponent on ground like a basketball before throwing them upwards. Down throw has Eddy leap up in the air and spike opponent downwards like a volleyball, meteor smashing them.

Final Smash: Horror Movie Night- Eddy hops in the middle of the screen where a small TV plops down with horror movies playing on it. While it's playing, various shadowy, demonic creatures will come out of the screen and cause havoc to the other players for around 15 seconds or so, all the while Eddy is obliviously watching the TV. Once the time is up, the creatures will return to the TV and Eddy will resume the fight.

Taunts: Up taunt causes Eddy to blow bubble gum, only for it to blow up in his face. Side taunt has Eddy blow up a balloon animal, laugh, and then accidentally pop it. Down taunt has Eddy lie down and sketch on the ground with chalk for a bit before standing up, can actually doge some attack while laying down.

Alts: Eddy's 7 color swaps change his clothing color to match other characters from the show, such as yellow for Rolf, red for Double-D, etc.

Stage: Peach Creek Alley- A basic stage set behind a fence and on a river. The stage doesn't scroll so players have to constantly hop across pieces of debris and trash to stay alive. The various bits of trash have varying effects that will change the way the battle is done in a flash.

Poseidome title: "Dumb, Dumbb, and Dumber"[/spoiler]

Hope you all like it! I thought it would be really difficult to make a Moveset for him but it turned out to be pretty easy! I'm still working on the fan game so tomorrow will be another Spongebob character, you're welcome to make bets on who!
You mean "Ed." Long time Ed, Edd 'n' Eddy fan talking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom