• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Imagine this...:ultpikachu:v:ultjigglypuff:v:ultpichu:v:ultmewtwo:v:ultpokemontrainer:(Red)v:ultpokemontrainer:(Leaf)v:ultlucario:v:ultgreninja: with only Pokéballs available and they all fight on Poké Floats

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I honestly forgot this was a Pokémon tbh
I mean he was one of the few that didn't get revealed prerelease and it's found rarely in a single out-of-the-way fishing spot, so I can't even blame you.
Is that an anchor... anemone?
Ghostly seaweed possessing an anchor and helm, actually.

Its signature move is Anchor Shot. Step aside, Rex.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
@TheDukeofDorks brought up a good point.

Like I know I keep on complaining, but he makes so much leaks probably just for the attention and he likes being in power.

I feel like this thread gives him way too much attention and him just saying "Oh Decidueye is fake lol my leak is true." angers me.

Do not believe Verg all of the time, please.
Name someone who has claimed to completely believe Vergeben.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Can we kindly not get back into the habit of mocking people just because their character MIGHT not be in the game?

Seriously, don't celebrate the misfortune of others. And especially don't pull together irrelevant data just because you think it's confirmed suddenly.

Anyway...

At this point, regardless of your feelings on Vergeben, the reality is he has yet to be wrong with anything regarding Smash Ultimate. You can take of that what you will, I don't feel as though Ridley and Snake were "lucky guesses". He has been right in the past. He has been wrong too. That is irrelevant right now.

At this point, there are only 3 ways Verge can be discredited.

• Simon isn't in the game. This can't be disproven until we know the full roster. He is NOT discredited if the next revealed character is not Simon.
  • Isabelle is shown in any capacity that isn't a fighter. Unlike Simon, she still has a high chance of being an assist or the like again, so her showing up in promotional material isn't out of the question.
  • Decidueye is confirmed.
I am not saying anyone should believe him. But I also feel people are far too quick to write him off. As it stands, Smash Wise, nothing he has said has been wrong. Don't lean too far in one direction.

Last edited:

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
People never seem to consider Ultra Beasts as potential Smash characters. Everyone always assumes that if we got a gen 7 rep, it'd be Decidueye or Mimikyu or something.

The UBs were a major part of Sun and Moon, and I think having one of them be playable in Ultimate would be amazing. I can see Buzzwole or Pheremosa being pretty cool in Smash.

Having their stage entrance be an ultra wormhole and everything would be awesome.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The Pokemon is possessed Seaweed that takes control of wrecked ship parts to survive.
Yes, it's stupid.
Excuse me don't insult my anchor-shaped son.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
To be fair there's another character he's said he won't reveal (it may or may not be this Pokemon newcomer). So it is not out of character for him to not reveal anything.

Not at all saying he's got info/doesn't/whatever, but calling him out on what he would normally do, when he's already done this in the past to save his ***, is incorrect. He doesn't always spill the beans (probably because those cans are empty. But here's hoping for Mimikyu!).
His stated reason for not yet revealing that character is he has supposedly heard it only from one of his sources and that source has conflicting information about it, so he doesn't want to put the character's name out there until he gets something more concrete. It could be this mystery gen 7 pokemon, but if this is the case, it is fishy to definitively put out there that there will be a gen 7 pokemon when he supposedly lacks the verification to know for sure if the character is in.

Last edited:

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
inb4 Verg is telling the truth and we get Steenee. :p

in all seriousness, it kinda feels weird that he'd say "the Gen VII character is not Decidueye" when he's been saying exactly what characters would be in before. Kinda makes me question his credibility but eh, we'll find out soon enough I guess.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
I was kind of counting on us not getting ANY new pokemon reps after gaining ivysaur, squirtle, and pichu back... of course pokemon is huge so it was always a maybe sakurai will add one cause he essentially has to.

the way vergeben is talking, if you believe him, sounds like we WILL get a gen7 pokemon just not decidueye. seems like he'd have to know who we are getting for sure for that to be the case, cant imagine he just saw a pokeball pokemon decidueye or something... he seems to get word of mouth "leaks" of who is in the game not like specific screen shots or something where he'd happen to see something deconfirming decidueye.

so i guess my bets are on incineroar or mimikyu... again if vergeben is real.

WertQuadNine

Smash Journeyman
So I made a lil thing...

Red = Deconfirmed (Yes, I know Decidueye isn't official yet)
Orange = Fairly unlikely
Yellow = Doubtful, but better odds.
Uncolored = Our 10 most likely imo

What do you guys think?

Noipoi

Howdy!
So I made a lil thing...

Orange = Fairly unlikely

What do you guys think?
I think Toucan Sam getting in over Mimikyu, Incineroar, or Lycanroc would be hilarious.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Can we kindly not get back into the habit of mocking people just because their character MIGHT not be in the game?

Seriously, don't celebrate the misfortune of others. And especially don't pull together irrelevant data just because you think it's confirmed suddenly.

Anyway...

At this point, regardless of your feelings on Vergeben, the reality is he has yet to be wrong with anything regarding Smash Ultimate. You can take of that what you will, I don't feel as though Ridley and Snake were "lucky guesses".

• Simon isn't in the game. This can't be disproven until we know the full roster. He is NOT discredited if the next revealed character is not Simon.
  • Isabelle is shown in any capacity that isn't a fighter. Unlike Simon, she still has a high chance of being an assist or the like again.
  • Decidueye is confirmed.
I am not saying anyone should believe him. But I also feel are far too quick to write him off. As it stands, Smash Wise, nothing he has said has been wrong.
I mean, just cause I don't want Decidueye doesn't mean I'm "mocking" anyone. Not sure if you are referring to my "please be real" thing or not cause people seem to like not quoting who they are talking about for some reason. If you weren't referring to me at all then ignore this.

I want Mimikyu. It is perfectly fine to not want Decidueye because if Decidueye is in Mimikyu won't be. I ain't mocking anyone or anything. I also don't recall anybody saying this when the Waluigi boys were actually trashing Daisy fans.

EDIT: Key word: "when" I failed to add "in this thread" at the end but w/e.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So I made a lil thing...

Orange = Fairly unlikely

What do you guys think?
I see you've made a terrible error. Dhelmise should not be colored in, after all.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Side note I'm actually not a fan of Vergeben's new claim because even though Mimikyu is my perferrerd Pokemon, Decideueye is my second and no other Gen 7 pokemon comes close (especially out of the likely ones). So this claim also deconfirms my backup plan :/

CodeBlue_

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-2347-7011-5339
So I made a lil thing...

Orange = Fairly unlikely

What do you guys think?
This would be nice with the Alolan forms as well, as those are a possibility too.

Enchess

Smash Lord

Anyway...

At this point, regardless of your feelings on Vergeben, the reality is he has yet to be wrong with anything regarding Smash Ultimate. You can take of that what you will, I don't feel as though Ridley and Snake were "lucky guesses".

• Simon isn't in the game. This can't be dusproven until we know the full roster. He is NOT discredited if the next revealed character is not Simon.
  • Isabelle is shown in any capacity that isn't a fighter
  • Decidueye is confirmed
I am not saying anyone should believe him. But I also feel are far too quick to write him off. As it stands, Smash Wise, nothing he has said has been wrong.
But what he's gotten right is no Sm4sh cuts (common prediction, especially during port/4.5/5 debates), Ice Climbers (I think everyone agrees this was a safe bet), Ridley (many still feel this was not a bold guess), and Snake (boldest prediction, but not unreasonable to guess and present in speculation).

I honestly don't think any of that is more impressive than the Pokemon Pop leak. It's certainly not even approaching Gematsu territory (which ended up having a lot wrong).

I don't think anyone thinks he's definitely fake. We just don't think he's earned "credible" until Simon or now a non-Decidueye Gen VII Pokemon. (Given Isabelle's leak popularity pre-Verg, he might be bandwagoning. Isabelle reveal wouldn't prove him overall)

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Verg keeps losing his validity by the moment.
Though to be frank I've said it numerous times that I never believed him since the beginning. Luck was on his side, and now he's riding on it.

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
I dunno, as strange as it sounds, I'm still not convinced there even will be a Pokemon newcomer.
With the return of Pichu, Ivysaur, and Squirtle, the roster has a TON of Pokemon.

Add in the fact that our amount of newcomers is gonna be pretty limited, I'm not entirely sure we're gonna see a new Pokemon this time around.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I also don't recall anybody saying this when the Waluigi boys were actually trashing Daisy fans.
Yeah, I'm a big bad person because other people got too upset over something that was completely valid to be upset about.
Thanks for the eye-opener bud.

I dunno, as strange as it sounds, I'm still not convinced there even will be a Pokemon newcomer.
With the return of Pichu, Ivysaur, and Squirtle, the roster has a TON of Pokemon.

Add in the fact that our amount of newcomers is gonna be pretty limited, I'm not entirely sure we're gonna see a new Pokemon this time around.
If it's not in base, DLC would be the definite time to grab it. People only look up to hope for a Gen 7 based on how Greninja got chosen.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
It always goes back to the "big bad Waluigi fans" with you people, doesn't it?

FFS.
"You people." Wow man.

No I bring it up because its a fair comparison. A few Waluigi fans were complete ***holes to me before Daisy got revealed. I'm not just generalizing. As a matter of fact, I'm the guy who keeps talking about how generalizing is a ****ty thing to do. But yeah you be the wise *** and lump me in with blind haters because I dared to mention Waluigi.

People like you make this thread unbearable sometimes. :glare:

"You people." Pffft. I thought better of you.

Yeah, I'm a big bad person because other people got too upset over something that was completely valid to be upset about.
Thanks for the eye-opener bud.

If it's not in base, DLC would be the definite time to grab it. People only look up to hope for a Gen 7 based on how Greninja got chosen.
................what the **** are you even on about?

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
My waifu hates seaweed, so I'm obliged to hate your son and say he's dumb.
image.jpeg

It always goes back to the "big bad Waluigi fans" with you people, doesn't it?

FFS.
I wouldn't give it too much thought. The fact that an unsubstantiated Sakurai harassment claim has made this much headway with people looking to discredit Waluigi fans is embarrassing enough.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I bet you anything Verg doesn't actually know the Pokemon in question, he's just heard a claim over who it isn't.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Out of all of the Gen 7 Pokémon, I unironically want Primarina to be picked as a fighter~ <3
It's definitely possible and she is my favorite of the Alolan Starters.
Salt fans really need to get behind Trubbish. Just imagine if literal garbage made it in over everyone's favorite characters.
Not only that, but if said garbage won a tournament that would be epic. I guess you could say the competition got... Trashed

Sooooo is Zeraora a gen 7 pokemon? or is he a weird case? I looked it up, but I honestly don't know
He's consider Gen 7, but despite wanting him, if he's getting in, it's most likely through DLC.
I'd put Gardevoir higher than Primarina and Zeraora, really
I don't mind Gen 7 at all, I love it, but it's nice to know someone's giving Gen 3 a little love from time to time:)

D

Deleted member

It's certainly not even approaching Gematsu territory (which ended up having a lot wrong).
Literally only things wrong were Robin instead of Chrom (though Chrom was stated to have been in consideration at the beginning of development), Chorus Kids (though there was missing data that implied a Rhythm Heaven character was going to be in the game at some point....), and the day that Shulk was supposedly going to be revealed being the day that Robin (and Lucina) had a trailer instead (though Shulk would be later revealed).

Nowhere did the leak claim that the characters on the list were the only characters, so to use the likes of Rosalina, Bowser Jr., Duck Hunt, and the last minute Lucina/Dark Pit as evidence of "getting something wrong" doesn't work.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I wouldn't give it too much thought. The fact that an unsubstantiated Sakurai harassment claim has made this much headway with people looking to discredit Waluigi fans is embarrassing enough.
It's amazing how a single person going too far suddenly discredits an entire community.

I bet you anything Verg doesn't actually know the Pokemon in question, he's just heard a claim over who it isn't.
If he heard the claim that it wasn't that, why wouldn't he ask who it actually was? :rolleyes:

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
View attachment 155574

I'm not discrediting anyone though.....its like yall selectively read whatever you want to read.

I've specifically said generalzing is a ****ty thing to do. I'm not going to generalize people in the same thread I say that. I didn't say "all Waluigi fans are bad people cause a few were ***** to me." I didn't even bring up the Sakurai thing. I HAVE BEEN TELLING PEOPLE TO LET THAT GO FFS!

Jesus Christ the nonsense in here sometimes.

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
Side note I'm actually not a fan of Vergeben's new claim because even though Mimikyu is my perferrerd Pokemon, Decideueye is my second and no other Gen 7 pokemon comes close (especially out of the likely ones). So this claim also deconfirms my backup plan :/
Wait there's new vegeta burger news?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom