• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enchess

Smash Lord
I will defend my Wrestling son until the day I die.
THE DAY.
I.
DIE.
I will defend my pretty ballerina until the day I get bored of it.
THE DAY.
I.
GET BORED OF IT.
And I'lll defend Trubbish for all eternity

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
If Deciduey really is out of the running, I’m hoping for Mimikyu or a random rep. Incineroar and Lycanroc are just such vanilla picks in my books. Maybe the lead Ultrabeast? That could be cool too.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Didn't Vergeben say that Raditz and Zarbon were in the DBFZ DLC? Because is certainly doesn't look that way, so I doubt he has fully legit info.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion

kylexv

Smash Master
Yeah, no. Marvel Infinite is not coming back, pretty much ever.

If he keeps riding on this, I no longer see him as that credible.

Untouch

Smash Master
And for the record, I don't really want decidiueye, I just think people put too much faith on these "leaks".
Reminds me of the time everyone believe this horse **** leak because they guessed we'd be getting funko pops for pokemon.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Decidueye, if Verge is right. Everyone and their mother was so sure of bird archer when really it was smol baby burb that was the popular one.
That's not how things played out back in 2014 though.

Back with Gematsu, it was said that Chrom would be in, but he wasn't.

Whereas Vergy is saying that Decidueye won't be in, so if he ends up being the Chrom of Vergy's leak, that means he will be in.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Oh, well LOTS OF SPAGHETTI!
If he has his special right, he can destroy everything.

My Grima is life.
I remember spending all my Orbs trying to get Grima.

And got nothing....Okay, maybe a Leif and a Legendary Ryoma but that's it.
Didn't Vergeben say that Raditz and Zarbon were in the DBFZ DLC? Because is certainly doesn't look that way, so I doubt he has fully legit info.
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/211141-dragon-ball-fighterz/75980352?page=16

Here you go.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Honestly i'm hoping for Mimikyu or Incineroar.
Unfortunately the best Gen 7 Pokemon (and best Pokemon period) Poipole has no chance.
Maybe as a Pokeball summon?

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Other than Ridley, what has Verge been correct about in games other than Ultimate?

Enchess

Smash Lord
I want Mimikyu the most, but the salt from Incineroar's inclusion almost makes me want it more.
Salt fans really need to get behind Trubbish. Just imagine if literal garbage made it in over everyone's favorite characters.

WertQuadNine

Smash Journeyman
I just realized, doesn't this disprove that any character post-December 2015 is immediately disqualified?? Sun and Moon released in 2016.

Edit: I realize we all predicted Pokemon would be involved due to Greninja, but just thought I should point it out.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
I just realized, doesn't this disprove that any character post-December 2015 is immediately disqualified?? Sun and Moon released in 2016.
Considering Greninja, not necessarily.

Obviously, Vergy-bergy might not even be right. *shrug*

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Like, okay.

I've known for like ever that Decidueye wasn't a guarantee, since there were at least three other frontrunners for the Alolamon Spot™ I've been banking on.

...But finding out Decidueye isn't in from a Vergeben leak just sucks all together, because not only do I not know which Alola Pokémon is in, but I also know it isn't my preferred choice. Like, at least say who it is so I know whether or not to be disappointed. :|

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Honestly, I don't think that's certain. There are plenty of important titles that started development years ago, and we don't know if Sakurai had any info regarding those.

And there's Greninja and Roy.

Last edited:

Untouch

Smash Master
Silvally would be really neat, another quadruped character is welcome. Could also have a gimmick where he swaps out disks that change basic move attacks kind of like monado arts.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Being honest that theory was kinda bunk anyway-Sakurai was able to keep the secret of every character returning from even a majority of Nintendo, so you mean to have me believe he would not have had a high enough amount of prior knowledge about Nintendo games in development before public release when searching for characters? Despite them doing just that with Roy and Greninja?

Last edited:

Enchess

Smash Lord
Like, okay.

I've known for like ever that Decidueye wasn't a guarantee, since there were at least three other frontrunners for the Alolamon Spot™ I've been banking on.

...But finding out Decidueye isn't in from a Vergeben leak just sucks all together, because not only do I not know which Alola Pokémon is in, but I also know it isn't my preferred choice. Like, at least say who it is so I know whether or not to be disappointed. :|
You only know it's not Decidueye if you choose to believe Verg. We still don't have Simon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom