• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Correct me if I'm wrong here, but do I see Ganondorf having a green face/skin in the mach with Link against Mario and Pit?
Don’t worry you do...doesn’t look too bad for him
Btw, if Isabelle and Simon Belmont do get in, are they fan favourite characters? Or are they just Sakurai picks aimed at larger fan groups, not at Smash speculation?
why not both?

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Popeye, easily. Especially since he'll be public domain worldwide relatively soon.
If he’d be public domain and since Nintendo has made a game with their own version of the character in an arcade game, that would technically count as his first appearance, so yes then yes it would actually be completely possible.

Popeye in Smash could actually be a possibility and I’d love it.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
Ok here's something I wanted to ask because I was interested in people's opinions.

What's one character you think is very likely but is rarely talked about/isn't thought of as likely?

And what's one character you think isn't likely but is discussed a lot/considered likely?

Here's mine -

Impa - I'd say Mimikyu, but it gets pretty discussed here. On the other hand Impa is practically a guarantee for an echo spot and she rarely gets brought up when we talk about echoes (which as everyone likes to complain about, happens a lot). It's surprising with how generally popular she is. I wonder, is it because everyone thinks she's likely that people don't bother discussing it? She's the most likely echo fighter for me.

Elma - Despite the fact that a Xenoblade 2 rep seems less likely, I didn't jump on the Elma bandwagon. I really don't think Sakurai would have thought Xenoblade needed another rep in late 2015, nor would I think he would've picked Elma. I never thought she was a likely option before and I definitely don't now. Doesn't mean I wouldn't like playing as her or having her on the roster. Personally I just don't see us getting any Xenoblade character in the base roster.
Very likely but not talked about - A rhythm heaven character obviously. One is basically a shoo-in right now. I assume people don't talk about them because the series isn't well known over here sadly.

Unlikely but talked about a lot - Springman/Rex and Pyra/ Labo man/ Octolings. All these suffer from the same problem: timing. A lot of the talk about the first three has died down due to us realizing it but people are still predicting Octolings. Although echoes don't take much time to implement, I'm sure many of them were planned. Even if they weren't, they'd likely be taking characters from the ballot (Daisy).

Character I'm not sure will make it but talked about like they are guaranteed - I don't think a Gen 7 rep is a lock. We already have a sizable amount of Pokemon and Sakurai may want to step away from flavor of the months considering the limited roster space.

Roberk

Smash Champion
I don't see James Bond/Mike Tyson getting in if we got a "non-videogame rep" because there's an actual issue with real-world person likeliness. James Bond would be modeled as the actor for Goldeneye (forgetting his name right now but not the point), but what if the actor has some sort of real-world controversy/scandal? Same with Mike Tyson. Also, movie/celebrity licensing.

A Star Wars rep or Spider-Man would be neat if we had to have non-videogame characters that have video game history, but I think that the licensing for those things would be insane (American mega-conglomerates that can potentially overwhelm Nintendo).

I'm sorry for saying this, but Goku would be one of the most sensible out of these reps due to his recognizability with Smash's target audience and Bandai-Namco's rights to DB's video game licensing. He's got the games, history, moveset, popularity, and licensing.

I haven't heard of the idea of Popeye, but after how many of his cartoons I watched as a kid I'd definitely main him.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
The reason people keep attributing "controversial" to him is because, unlike literally everything else he's ever leaked about any game, this one specific character he doesn't want to leak because he doesn't want people shooting the messenger.
Sounds like it’s a FE character then.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Btw, if Isabelle and Simon Belmont do get in, are they fan favourite characters? Or are they just Sakurai picks aimed at larger fan groups, not at Smash speculation?
I think Isabelle is more expected than wanted, she definitely has her fans, but amongst the speculation scene it's always more about how she's likely and not how cool she'd be. She would definitely be targeted towards the wider Nintendo fanbase, the younger crowd in particular.

Simon would be the exact opposite, assuming they'll go with the classic design (which I see no way they won't) he'll appeal massively to the generation who grew up with the NES, or just gamers who delve in the oldschool in general, his inclusion wouldn't be unlike Mega Man's in this regard. Again, he's not massively popular amongst the speculation scene, but I know a lot of more casual Nintendo fans who'd get super hyped for him as the original Castlevania was and still is among the most popular NES games.

I wouldn't really consider either a fan favorite for the Smash community, but I think their inclusions would be very popular amongst certain demographics, and I also think most people around here would warm up to them very quickly.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Popeye and Goku both joining Smash would be the biggest ****storm in gaming history (in a gloriously great way)

wildvine47

Smash Ace
So Verge says he knows of another character, but doesn’t want to post it because it’s controversial

And previously he heard about a Minecraft stage/assist trophy

...Verge’s third character is Steve isn’t it :/

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'll keep my opinions on the Smash 4 characters short and simple.

My Favorite Character: :ultmegaman:. I really like how he plays, almost straight out of his games, but not too gimmicky. Glad to see some moves of his are currently buffed at the moment. Hope they stay that way, since he's been mid-tier for a while.

Pretty Cool: :ultryu::ultgreninja::ultrosalina::ultpacman::ultlittlemac::ultrobin:ultcloud:. These were the characters I actually enjoyed playing quite a bit.

Okay: :ultshulk::ultvillager::ultbowserjr::ultpalutena::ultduckhunt:. Were weird for me to use, but weren't bad.

Meh: :ultwiifittrainer::ultmiifighters::ultdarkpit::ultlucina::ultcorrin::ultbayonetta:. I was mostly indifferent on them.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
honestly i think people just dont care all to much for chorus men and chrom (myself included) and with "not many more" fighters this time people dont want to see them take up roster space over highly requested characters but this may be a case of sakurai giving us the maximum amount he can and not necessarily exactly which characters everyone wants... tough to say this time especially cause the smash ballot seems likely to be a big influence on the roster (at least most are guessing it is, again myself included) so with a smaller amount of newcomers but many "likely" highly requested newcomer choices, its just really hard to accept that the "easier to finish" characters might get in instead.
Oh God I didn't even consider that "deserving" and "taking up roster spots" might be a bigger deal this game if there really is less newcomers. Can't wait to see the salt over Chrom or Dark Samus getting in and King K. Rool/Bandanna Dee/Issac/whatever not getting in.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
The only characters I'd imagine being "controversial" is either another FE character or an echo/third party/retro surprise character that not many asked for...

Quite curious on who it is though if It's true.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
So Verge says he knows of another character, but doesn’t want to post it because it’s controversial

Pretty sure it is, just didn't want to be the one who brought it up lol. Steve is like the controversial newcomer suggestion for this game, he riles people up in all sorts of ways (3rd party/artstyle/demographic/icon status), I don't think even another FE or KI newcomer would be anywhere nearly as controversial.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So.

Who is a newcomer you want but expect will have a play style you won't like?

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Ok here's something I wanted to ask because I was interested in people's opinions.

What's one character you think is very likely but is rarely talked about/isn't thought of as likely?

And what's one character you think isn't likely but is discussed a lot/considered likely?

Here's mine -

Impa - I'd say Mimikyu, but it gets pretty discussed here. On the other hand Impa is practically a guarantee for an echo spot and she rarely gets brought up when we talk about echoes (which as everyone likes to complain about, happens a lot). It's surprising with how generally popular she is. I wonder, is it because everyone thinks she's likely that people don't bother discussing it? She's the most likely echo fighter for me.

Elma - Despite the fact that a Xenoblade 2 rep seems less likely, I didn't jump on the Elma bandwagon. I really don't think Sakurai would have thought Xenoblade needed another rep in late 2015, nor would I think he would've picked Elma. I never thought she was a likely option before and I definitely don't now. Doesn't mean I wouldn't like playing as her or having her on the roster. Personally I just don't see us getting any Xenoblade character in the base roster.
I may be biased but I don't find King K Rool all that likely and I can't help but see people betting on him as some sort of guarantee and just thinking they're setting themselves up for disappointment, he could happen but he's nowhere near a guarantee, same with Geno but he's even less likely. They both have popularity but that's about it, they lack relevance and while they would be fun characters they wouldn't exactly be super unique imo.

He's discussed a fair amount but not enough imo, Bandana Dee is the only character I would put money on, there's no real reason he shouldn't be in this game.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If you already leaked a couple characters, why be shy on a third, no matter how "controversial" it is.

I'm guessing it's another FE character, and people will get real salted up when they see them. Except Opossum Opossum . It might his boy's time to shine. Or Celica.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Simon would be a fan favorite imo, while Isabelle would just be a Sakurai pick not limited to Smash speculation.

Perhaps we might get multiple reveals on different dates within the same month?

Would be nice.

It really would.
I kinda actually want that to happen lel

So.

Who is a newcomer you want but expect will have a play style you won't like?
I’m not sure, but I fear if Elma is given a play style that doesn’t suit her at all (that infamous copypasta “Begin the story” leak thoroughly rustled my jimmies with that “Mech” mechanic also it’s a SKELL dammit)

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Here's mine -

Star Man: As retro reps go, he's one of the few that isn't brought up as being likely, but his inclusion would make sense. He has an established moveset that Smash can build up on, his game is iconic among the launch line-up of the NES (if only for its somewhat infamous wonky translation), and is one of the wrestlers that stand out the most in its cast. Plus he can provide grappling, a type of fighting that hasn't been used to the fullest by anyone in Smash.

Lloyd Irving: I apologize, but I am not entirely sure he is likely, popular as he is. While he does get occasional reappearances/references outside of ToS to keep him relevant and he got a Mii costume in Smash 4, he would still need to come after Heihachi (who is easily more iconic than him on the Bamco totem pole), and it's uncertain whether there can be more than two characters from a third-party, as it stands right now.

If he’d be public domain and since Nintendo has made a game with their own version of the character in an arcade game, that would technically count as his first appearance, so yes then yes it would actually be completely possible.

Popeye in Smash could actually be a possibility and I’d love it.
Especially if they can get Tom Kenny to voice him, he can nail his tone down.

Next Door Dog

Smash Apprentice
So I am actually curious about this thread's thoughts on Smash 4's newcomers and how your views on them have changed since they were revealed (or you played them on release).
I think I was pretty ambivalent towards most of the newcomers. I certainly wasn't interested in characters like :rosalina:and :4greninja:, but I understood the need for more recent characters. There's something really lacking though, looking at the newcomer list for Sm4sh. Nobody particularly stands out aside from the third parties in regards to characters that had me hyped.

:4villager:: Definitely a necessary character, don't mind them too much.
:4megaman:: One of my favorites, and ended up being my main.
:4wiifit:: Crazy pick, which is cool. Wasn't interested in playing as them though.
:rosalina:: Meh, bland character, but arguably necessary. Turned out to be super unfun to play as and even worse to play against.
:4littlemac:: The first character after Mega Man I was actively excited for. I knew I wasn't going to use him since I like characters with good aerials, but I was happy to finally see the character I wanted since Brawl speculation days (before he was deconfirmed as an AT). Oh boy, how that opinion changed after the game came out. Even still, I find him incredibly volatile to fight. Ultimate monkey's paw situation with him getting in the game imo.
:4greninja:: Zzzzz. Another Lucario as far as I was concerned. That opinion hasn't changed, but he's at least not obnoxious to fight, so there's that.
:4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword:: I honestly forgot about the trailer until people were mentioning it in the thread. I don't really care for Miis, but maybe I would have if they were actually implemented into the game more. Don't have a high opinion of them, but don't have much against them.
:4palutena:: Sure, why not. Never played Uprising but I figured we'd be getting another KI character. Seemed fun enough initially, until we found out she played like hot garbage.
:4pacman:: Cool that he was added, but wasn't particularly excited about him. He's an alright dude though, I just don't have the time to play more than one obnoxious projectile-based character.
:4robinm::4lucina:: Haven't played any FE after Radiant Dawn, so I didn't really care. Robin seemed neat, and Lucina was just kind of there. Robin is low-key one of the cooler additions moveset-wise, and Lucina... is just kind of there. Don't like playing Marth in this game anyway.
:4shulk:: Literally who? I don't mind weird picks (which he was for me at the time, never even heard of Xenoblade at the time), but I think the timing of his announcement left a bad taste in my mouth. He's a cool character, and I don't have anything against him these days. I've actually finally started XC1, I'm just not sure I have the time to play a JRPG, unfortunately.
:4bowserjr:: I don't get the hate he got at the time. He's more interesting than Rosalina, at least. And I always lean retro so the koopalings were really neat. Not a character I liked playing, but not that bad.
:4darkpit:: Palutena was enough, this character did nothing for me. The only thing that didn't seem too bad is that he probably didn't need a lot of time to make. But the imbalanced attention towards him still rubbed me the wrong way. Along with Little Mac, the scrubs that play this character are absolutely tedious to fight.
:4duckhunt:: I love retro picks, but the reveal honestly felt a bit lackluster. Maybe it was because of the leaks. Even then, I like them more than a lot of the other newcomer picks, which really goes to show how underwhelming the new picks were to me. DH is fun, though. If their smash attacks actually connect in Ultimate I'll definitely give DH another shot.
:4ryu:: Okay, after getting one of my Brawl mains back (and the return of fan favorites from Melee), the DLC was looking to really improve the game. And Ryu is no exception. The initial perception of the game's roster would have been much better if he was in the base roster. Still a really cool character.
:4cloud:: Aaaand here's where the DLC starts getting dicey. Seemed like a dream come true for many people (not me, never played FFVII, but still could appreciate the hype). Problem is he's ridiculously OP. I won't have a problem with him if he's toned down in Ultimate.
:4corrin:: Ugh. Still salty about their inclusion to this day. Mary Sue character with few exploitable weaknesses and utterly ruining any chance of cool FE characters (seriously, where's Hector?). Most reviled character imo.
:4bayonetta:: Pretty much the same as Corrin, for both initial reveal and current perception. I still can't believe how much damage the last three DLC characters did to this game, but here we are.

Again, I understand the importance of more recent characters, but at the same time they felt more like advertisements than previous games. The whole game feels like that though, down to early reveals of Luigi and Toon Link just to promote their games. It seemed less about celebrating a history of diverse series and characters and more about making a profit out of a floundering console. Sorry for sounding so negative, I'm happy some people got characters they wanted, and at the end of the day it's made for a younger generation than mine. I'm just tempering my already low expectations for Ultimate's newcomers. If they add Simon Belmont they can add whoever they want as far as I'm concerned.

One last thought: I hope the new characters in Ultimate are less gimmicky. Too many of the newcomers in 4 are just aggravating to fight. Even (or especially) my main Mega Man, I'd probably hate him if I didn't use him. Ridley seems to be a step in the right direction, aside from his down B (which even then doesn't seem near as bad as things like KO punch or Limit Break). More characters with solid movesets, please.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Popeye and Goku both joining Smash would be the biggest ****storm in gaming history (in a gloriously great way)
Thing is Popeye being public domain makes his inclusion actually realistic.

It would be the same case as Henrey Fleming or Medusa.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Steve would definitely piss people off because his parent company owns Banjo-Kazooie. So it’d be a case of why “him and not BK?”

I wouldn’t mind at all though. I think Minecraft is huge and has the legacy to fit among the current roster of guest characters.

But I would personally prefer Master Chief as MS’s character.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I think Isabelle is more expected than wanted, she definitely has her fans, but amongst the speculation scene it's always more about how she's likely and not how cool she'd be. She would definitely be targeted towards the wider Nintendo fanbase, the younger crowd in particular.
This is an important point, actually... hm...
Simon would be the exact opposite, assuming they'll go with the classic design (which I see no way they won't) he'll appeal massively to the generation who grew up with the NES, or just gamers who delve in the oldschool in general, his inclusion wouldn't be unlike Mega Man's in this regard. Again, he's not massively popular amongst the speculation scene, but I know a lot of more casual Nintendo fans who'd get super hyped for him as the original Castlevania was and still is among the most popular NES games.
People think we'll get "Excite Biker"/"Mach Rider"/whoever as the "Retro Rep", but what if it ends up being Simon Belmont?

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
If you already leaked a couple characters, why be shy on a third, no matter how "controversial" it is.

I'm guess it's another FE character, and people will get real salted up when they see them. Except Opossum Opossum . It might his boy's time to shine. Or Celica.
You talking about Vergeben?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Popeye, easily. Especially since he'll be public domain worldwide relatively soon.
IIRC, he's public domain in Europe now.

How long until he's public domain in the states and Japan?

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
I think people get too hung up on "This character deserves to make it to smash". Not a single character deserves to get in, no exceptions. Saying and thinking things like those are the quickest ways to be salty af on release.

If someone like chibi robo gets in before K.Rool I'm sure this place would be a salt mine. I would be super happy and I sure others would, but the point is, things like that happen every single cycle.

Do not fall into this trap, especially if this is your first smash hype cycle. So many people have fallen to day one salt.

FantasticMr.StarPit

Smash Journeyman
So I am actually curious about this thread's thoughts on Smash 4's newcomers and how your views on them have changed since they were revealed (or you played them on release).
Ok. I'll make them separately in spoiler tags so that people won't have to scroll through dozens of texts of what I have in mind with Smash 4's newbies.

:ultvillager:On Reveal - I'll be frank, I've never had interest in Animal Crossing in any capacity out of all of Nintendo's ips, so I was quite overwhelmed when he was revealed as the first newcomer; in other words, he's not a good newcomer to start out with in my opinion.

Now - He's fundamentally a well thought out character in term of his move-sets, and I had some enjoyment playing as him, and his "psychotic" but genuinely happy personality puts a smile on my face, dearly.
:ultmegaman:On Reveal - It was...not that bad of a reveal. He qualifies everything a third party character has to offer, an icon to gaming- check, franchise's legacy on Nintendo platforms- check, has a wide amount of potential move-sets- check! I remember every reaction video of the Mega Man reveal has people blowing their...well lets not get into that, but people were legit excited to see the Blue Bomber. And honestly, I'm quite happy for them.

Now - His play-style is very faithful to its source material, but his Mega Buster shots are a little too...I guess you can say clunky for my liking, not the character I would choose the most of, but I do play as him every now and then.
:ultwiifittrainer:On Reveal - Uh, who? what? and why? Who asked for this character to be in?

Now - Ah now I see, her move-sets are fun and creative, but her aesthetics are far from being interesting. I'll play with her in the rarest of occasions If I'm tired with almost all of the roster.
:ultrosalina:On Reveal - I was semi-excited for Kirby's Air Ride intro music in Rainbow Road where the Mario cast are racing it out. Rosalina on the other hand....not so much.
Now - I think she's decent, but I rarely play as her. Like Wii Fit Trainer, I'll play with her occasionally if I'm bored with all of the cast. which is sometimes slim.
:ultlittlemac: On Reveal - Oh, so he finally came out of the assist trophy bubble, and he's got a cool trailer I might add (Samus comparing her size to Little Mac is absolute gold).
Now - Hey, he's a beast in the ground, when he's not up in the air.
:ultgreninja: On Reveal - Eh, looks cool. No Mewtwo? Okay, cool.
Now - Ehh, he's alright. I mean, I don't really care too much about Pokemon after all.
:ultmiifighters: On Reveal - Don't care
Now - Still don't care.
:ultpalutena: On Reveal - Ah, yes, the goddess of light from Kid Icarus is going to fight on ground, (tbh I don't like the trailer)
Now - Like Greninja, she's okay, just haven't played her as much.
:ultpacman: On Reveal - Ah finally, the moment Bandai Namco was on the project, I expected Pac-Man to be in, and man I was right, many wanted him all right.
Now - Oh jolly oh, he's freaking awesome to use, and well, he's Pac-Man, he's always the best.

"Awggh" man writing about I feel about each and every character's reveal and I how I feel to them now feels like a chore. I'm pretty burned out as you can tell from my vague thoughts on the characters.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion

Pretty sure it is, just didn't want to be the one who brought it up lol. Steve is like the controversial newcomer suggestion for this game, he riles people up in all sorts of ways (3rd party/artstyle/demographic/icon status), I don't think even another FE or KI newcomer would be anywhere nearly as controversial.
Besides the whole controversial comment not actually being said by Vergeben according to a user, I don't think it's Steve because he specifically stated he didn't think the Minecraft content was a character. Why mention Minecraft content if you don't wanna reveal a character from it, or why specify that it's probably not a character if you know there's a character. Yea don't think this one is Steve.

EDIT: Took out my reference to a specific user because I actually can't find that they said that and I don't want to put words in anyone's mouth. Sorry!
He's discussed a fair amount but not enough imo, Bandana Dee is the only character I would put money on, there's no real reason he shouldn't be in this game.
Oh yeah, Dixie, Bandanna Dee and Impa are the three characters I would be shocked if they didn't make it this time. I just think Dixie and Bandanna Dee do get brought up enough lol.

Last edited:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero

Everyone keeps saying Vergeben said his unknown character is "controversial" yet no one can produce a screencap of the text where he actually said it.

Here are the facts. Vergeben never said the character he has yet to "unveil" is controversial. He said he still needs to verify the character.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Everyone keeps saying Vergeben said his unknown character is "controversial" yet no one can produce a screencap of the text where he actually said it.

Here is the facts. Vergeben never said the character he has yet to "unveil" is controversial. He said he still needs to verify the characters.
Pretty much this. This is what I remember him stating.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

I’m kinda guessing Bandana Dee because... Reasons...

I’m dead serious here.

D

Deleted member

Sharing thought on Smash 4's roster again? Sounds like fun, but I don't have a lot of time to write up my thoughts, so I'll make it quick:

Favorites:
:ultgreninja::ultrobin:ultcorrin::ultcloud::ultvillager:

These 5 are undeniably my top favorite Smash Wii U/3DS newcomers. They are an absolute joy to play for me, and are character I will no doubt try immediately when I unlock them in Ultimate.

Ones I thought were cool:
:ultlucina::ultmiifighters::ultmegaman::ultrosalina::ultpalutena:

I enjoyed these characters quite a bit, even if I don't play them very often outside of goofing off.

Neutral:
:ultduckhunt::ultshulk::ultwiifittrainer::ultryu:

I barely play them, but I still appreciate their presence in the game. No strong feelings one way or the other.

Did not care for:
:ultdarkpit::ultbayonetta:

100% Do not care for these two and really would've preferred they weren't in, personally.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

I'm guessing it's another FE character, and people will get real salted up when they see them. Except Opossum Opossum . It might his boy's time to shine. Or Celica.
I mean, there was this 4chan text leak that predates Vergeben backing Isabelle. It listed Simon, Celica, Isabelle, and Geno.

Not buying it because I've been burned before, but I'd be so hyped.

What would your reaction be if Celica actually ends up as a playable character?
Instantly co-main her.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
I may be biased but I don't find King K Rool all that likely and I can't help but see people betting on him as some sort of guarantee and just thinking they're setting themselves up for disappointment, he could happen but he's nowhere near a guarantee, same with Geno but he's even less likely. They both have popularity but that's about it, they lack relevance and while they would be fun characters they wouldn't exactly be super unique imo.
While I understand this may be more of an issue of would rather than could, there's definitely ways you could make both of those characters unique.

For K. Rool, ignoring his actual attacks and assuming they go with his classic Donkey Kong Country design, his golden belly could deflect/disable certain projectiles like Link's shield, allowing him to be a Bowser-like heavyweight who armors through your attacks. He could probably also cause light tremors when he lands like he does in his original boss battle, which could damage opponents, cause them to trip, create windboxes, there's plenty of ways to go about it.

Then there's Geno. The Brawl mod Legacy XP gave him a unique mechanic where if the attack button is pressed just as he lands an attack, it'd register as a "timed hit" that deals more damage and knockback, something taken directly from Super Mario RPG.

idk just rambling here but the two definitely have more potential than you seem to be giving them credit for

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Yahoo just did an article about that timeline we were discussing yesterday... I think it's completely irrlevant. When you have a new game that is being released on a whole different schedule, there's no use in comparing dates for reveals.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/apos-smash-bros-apos-history-182000081.html
They put a silhouette of a Fortnite character for the banner. Like what?

Anyways, a character that isn’t discussed as much is a possible Rhythm Heaven Rep. It’s one of Nintendo’s ongoing series that still doesn’t have a character, not to mention Megamix released in 2015, the prime time where Sakurai would be looking for characters.

Though to any of you guys that support a Rhythm Heaven character, do you guys think that it will be the Chrous Kids? I know it’s speculated that they probably were planned but do you guys consider the possibility of it being another character?

The character I see a lot of people giving flack for is Tibby since he was the protagonist of Megamix.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Not gonna lie, I liked all of the Smash 4 newcomers.
Same tbh

I used to not want Duck Hunt but Sm4sh did a miracle and made me appreciate the character

And Ryu was the DLC newcomer I never knew I wanted till I saw him in action

And Cloud? Instantly, SOLD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom