• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaybreakHorizon

Beauty in the Chaos
Premium
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
The only Fire Emblem character worth trash talking is Takumi
Takumi is actually one of the better characters in Fates, but everyone hates him because he's the boss of some the most difficult chapters.

There's a writeup on his character somewhere on r/FireEmblem if you want to go digging for it, but it's worth it.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Ryoma is the worst Fates sibling.

Takumi is one of the best. Just saying.

Back to Wright though, if he were to be included, I imagine that the courtroom would be his stage. How would the layout be for that though?

P.Kat

Smash Champion
What do you guys think about Phoenix Wright in smash?
Haven't played any of his games, but I know he was a fighter in MvC3, there are other Capcom fighters I would want before Phoenix, but in the end I do think he's pretty cool and would fit in, in Smash. His Maya and Athena should make appearances as Trophies or on his own stage.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Ryoma is the worst Fates sibling.

Takumi is one of the best. Just saying.

Back to Wright though, if he were to be included, I imagine that the courtroom would be his stage. How would the layout be for that though?
A8ADD759-946F-4AD8-99D0-9DF17F995DA5.png

This takes some creative liberty to work. You have the witness stand in the middle as the main platform and on the right and left of the witness stand you have the desks as smaller, slightly more elevated platforms. Everything would have to be exaggerated for smash, falling off the witness stand plummets you to your doom.

Maybe you could have some Ace Attorney characters arguing in the back, hopefully edgeworth. During battle, you would have to dodge their back and forth “Objection!”, “Take that!”, and “hold it!” Speech bubbles.

D

Deleted member

So if everyone series had one new representative who would you choose and why? (obviously some couldn't have a new representative but the ones that can)
Hey, another "who do you want" question! Let's keep gettin' this ball rolling. I've made a previous post saying who I want, but not for dedicated series, so I might repeat some again from the last response.
Note, the only series I can't really think of for a good representative for series such as:
F-Zero, Kid Icarus, Metroid, Pokemon, Yoshi, Ice Climber, Game & Watch, Pikmin, R.O.B., Wii Fit & Mii, Duck Hunt, Metal Gear and Bayonetta and Splatoon.

Super Mario - Geno
Said this before. This is what I want the most, nothing more, nothing less. Forest Maze remix, Mario RPG stage, let's get it.
Donkey Kong - King K. Rool
Another previous response, I just need me that Crocodile Cacophony remix and we're good. Set for life. I don't need any other game. GIVE US OUR ABSOLUTE U N I T.
The Legend of Zelda - Skull Kid
Majora's Mask is such a classic, I even have the MANGA. To any of y'all who have the manga, you know what's up. The overall tone and atmosphere Majora's Mask gave was very un-Nintendo, which was a really good route to go after Ocarina of Time. Down for a Moon final smash, too.
Kirby - Marx
Kirby Super Star has to be one of the most iconic Kirby games of all time. As much as I would like to see Bandana Dee fans get their day, after Star Allies, Marx just feels much more creative and would bring a good spin on what a "villain" is. Also crazy face Marx, you know you want it.
Star Fox - Peppy Hare
After seeing a playable Peppy Hare in Star Fox 64 and Assault, I NEED our favorite old rabbit go HAM with the yopper, blazing space guns everywhere with a nice final smash being using the Great Fox. It'll never happen, but come on. A man can dream.
EarthBound / MOTHER - Duster
Since we now have the entire EarthBound cast, Kumatora (WHY SAKURAI) and Boney in Ness and Lucas' final smashes, there's only one left in the party to be included in some way. And while there's a huge chance he'd be an assist trophy, I can't help but need our handicapped stealth technician on the field. Also, Oh-soe Castle as a stage. Mother 3 music. The deal is set.
Fire Emblem - Edelgard (Fire Emblem: Three Houses)
Previously stated, expect her to come in due to the history of Fire Emblem reps and Smash.
WarioWare - Ashley
I've recently went back to WarioWare, and with the new Gold, MAN. Ashley now has much more personality than most of the cast, I'd say. Let's get our girl in a little haunted mansion.
Sonic the Hedgehog - Dr. Eggman
I know this might be ending up like a Bowser Jr. like fighter, but I honestly would only want this over Shadow, Tails, literally ANY Sonic character. Lost World, Generations, Colors -- THIS is what I live for. LOVE Eggman as a villain.
Animal Crossing - Isabelle
I actually never played Animal Crossing at ALL, but I do see why people would want Isabelle as a Villager echo fighter, and it makes huge sense.
Mega Man - Zero
I could only see Zero as the next Mega Man main, X would feel a bit too weird. Alongside other fighting games he's appeared in, like MVC3, there's a lot I feel that could work with Zero.
Punch-Out!! - Mr. Sandman
Look. This is the only way we're gonna get Mike Tyson.
PAC-MAN - Mrs. PAC-MAN
If Pac-Man is gonna get another rep, this only makes sense. Simple echo fighter, doesn't need to take time at all. And if we get CHAMPIONSHIP EDITION DX or PLUS music? Good lord. Yes.
Street Fighter - Chun-Li
I'd rather this than having an Akuma or Ken echo fighter for Ryu. Would bring a lot of more good Street Fighter stuff to the table, and I feel as if she's the next iconic character next to Ryu in the series.
Final Fantasy - Sephiroth
Y'know what, we have Cloud. Might as well go for the long haul and bring another emo.

And uh
Xenoblade Chronicles -

NEED. I. SAY. MORE.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Are people imagining a courtoom stage as being some kind of Gamer/Nintendogs style "giant room", or just a regular size courtroom except people are fighting in it? Because the thought of the latter is making me smile. Lawyers occasionally OBJECTING to send a fighter to the other side of the room, only to get OBJECTED back, as the judge is banging his gavel yelling for order.

itsaxelol

Smash Ace
Phoenix wright is a pretty jabroni character, especially for a third party. Go big or go home... The Master Chief for Smash

D

Deleted member

Phoenix wright is a pretty jabroni character, especially for a third party. Go big or go home... The Master Chief for Smash
I only care for Master Chief if I can quickscope with my Spartan Laser from the other side of the map to put in my montage.
Also, Halo: Reach. MAN that was a really good game.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Update is up on the Japanese Smash site and it’s the Smashbomb(the fake Smashball).

Edit: Oops just noticed you guys talked about it pages ago. I assumed it was recent since it’s not on the English site yet, my bad.

Last edited:

DoctorSanity

Smash Journeyman
My personal idea is that, because of the cast's wide array of characters to choose from, the best method is to choose a unique spin on the changing layout stage.

It shifts in a cycle between the defense bench, the judge, the prosecutor bench, the witness stand, and repeat in a cycle or hop between for variety. The main gimmick is that the characters at these locations can change, and each setting has hazards specific to said character. It's not nearly on the level of say a scrolling stage but I'd say it's like a buffed pictochat? As long as it's not too obtrusive I think it could work very well.

The reason why I want this idea most of all is I want *YOU* to the be evidence presented in court if you make a wrong move. Imagine getting trapped in that evidence box for a short period of time until the prosecution dismisses it, the witness freaks out, or the judge overrules. I think a setting like this would be the most opportunity for creativity coming out of the stage team.

Also if Phoenix Wright isn't being played it helps him be swapped out type of deal.

and also also because of the recent 3D ace attorney games maybe the witness could be my favorite Ace Attorney character of all time Uendo Toneido pLEASE I'd explode if they got a trophy

Troykv

Smash Master
Xander > Elise > Leo > Hinoka > Camilla > Sakura > Takumi > Ryoma

All day

It's never a bad time to talk about it :)
Have you ever seen the moveset I designed for Micaiah? o.o

I would show it if you want.

________

And about the Fates Royale... I think I like them in this order

Sakura > Elise > Hinoka > Ryoma > Leo/Camilla/Takumi > Xander

Leo, Camilla and Takumi aren't very consistent xDU

Last edited:

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Have you ever seen the moveset I designed for Micaiah? o.o

I would show it if you want.

________

And about the Fates Royale... I think I like them in this order

Sakura > Elise > Hinoka > Ryoma > Leo/Camilla/Takumi > Xander

Leo, Camilla and Takumi aren't very consistent xDU
I would be interested in seeing it! Is it the one in the Micaiah thread?

But yeah with the Fates cast, I find it's best to judge them by the supports. The story, and characterizations in it, is all over the place

Troykv

Smash Master
I would be interested in seeing it! Is it the one in the Micaiah thread?

But yeah with the Fates cast, I find it's best to judge them by the supports. The story, and characterizations in it, is all over the place
I agree... But unlike with pretty much the rest of the cast; I can't think in Xander without thinking in the fact he's over the place (at the least the other characters are a bit more consistent).

----

Yeah; you can read it there; but I also published it in Source Gaming; for a more colorful version of pretty much the same idea.

http://sourcegaming.info/2016/12/22/ds-micaiah/

Would you visit the Micaiah thread if you liked it?

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
What do you guys think about Phoenix Wright in smash?
Phoenix Wright and Professor Layton are more or less the only two third parties that would actually legitimately excite me.

I'm kind of surprised he never got a mii costume in Smash 4 when a lot of other Capcom characters did.

Last edited:

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Well, that was close.

EDIT: For those wondering, I'm referring to the leak earlier today that said Mr. Game & Watch would be revealed on the blog today, along with some very controversial factoids. That's why it was a close call.

Last edited:

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
I don't think there's any conspiracy but why the heck the fake Smash Ball blog post was deleted?? I saw it up for a pretty long time wtf

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I don't think there's any conspiracy but why the heck the fake Smash Ball blog post was deleted?? I saw it up for a pretty long time wtf
No clue. It's there for the Japanese site.

Frankly, the site is kind of poorly managed. There's errors quite often. For instance, Olimar was listed as Olimer for quite a while on the US one.

osby

Smash Obsessed
No clue. It's there for the Japanese site.

Frankly, the site is kind of poorly managed. There's errors quite often. For instance, Olimar was listed as Olimer for quite a while on the US one.
It might be due to how many language options it includes. It's not an excuse of course.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It might be due to how many language options it includes. It's not an excuse of course.
It's been over 5 hours since the JP site updated. The US update still not being up is kind of... bad. The fact it got removed but not put up is the bigger problem though.

It's just weird, honestly. But it's a lot to update. My guess is if they didn't basically make the site super big by default, it might've worked a bit better, but my guess is e3 showing off everyone might've been a plan they thought up almost entirely last-minute.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
I agree... But unlike with pretty much the rest of the cast; I can't think in Xander without thinking in the fact he's over the place (at the least the other characters are a bit more consistent).

----

Yeah; you can read it there; but I also published it in Source Gaming; for a more colorful version of pretty much the same idea.

http://sourcegaming.info/2016/12/22/ds-micaiah/

Would you visit the Micaiah thread if you liked it?
I will check it out when I have some time later then check out the Micaiah thread!

OdnetninAges

Smash Journeyman
Maybe the item's name was changed in NA/EU to something other than "Fake Smash Ball" or something, IDK.

WaxPython

Smash Ace
I'm actually suprised paper mario isn't a character In smash yet, seems like a no brainer imo. Especially considering how many Links we have

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
I love this

I honestly forgot about Rythm girl
I love her design. It's so... French? It's great

Put her in smash sakurai
Tap_Trial_Girl.png

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Courtroom stage in Pheonix Wright? My idea is 2 large 'desks' with the judge in the background. Occasionally, the sprites of the prosecutors and defence pop up on their respective desks and do their typical animations, which damage the fighters. Pheonix slamming his desk makes everyone who gets hit fly, Edgeworth's zombie face buries people, Apollo points at a different angle than Pheonix and pokes people who're in the way, Franziska's whip hits both desks, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom