• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Here's a game

Say your 2 most wanted characters, and 2 of your least wanted characters (keep it video game related, and maybe make one Nintendo). But don't say who is who

For example, me

Skull Kid
Bandana Dee
Adeleine
Geno

Probably obvious, Given the signature but that doesn't matter because nothing matters, ever. But that's off topic. Just do it.
I think the sigs kind of ruin this game but;

Captain Toad
Geno
Bandana Dee
Shadow the Hedgehog

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Here's a game

Say your 2 most wanted characters, and 2 of your least wanted characters (keep it video game related, and maybe make one Nintendo). But don't say who is who

For example, me

Skull Kid
Bandana Dee
Adeleine
Geno

Probably obvious, Given the signature but that doesn't matter because nothing matters, ever. But that's off topic. Just do it.
Eight
Lycanroc
Mimikyu
Sora

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I think Pac-Man is fine as long as Bandai Namco are involved with making the game (unless they suddenly drop Smash support for some silly reason like hating money). Aside from that, yeah.
Guess we’ll have to be prepared for the time we possibly say goodbye to :ultcloud::ultmegaman::ultryu::ultsnake:...again...and maybe/maybe not :ultpacman:...and also :ultwolf: just to mess with people

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Phew, I’m FINALLY in after that lag ****storm. I wonder if images and attachments are still broken tho

DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon find anything interesting today?
Oh wow after 10 tries I was able to quote you. Thanks Crashboards.

Anyways, I've got enough for another two sessions.
I know your tired of these Smash leaks. But here's another 1. Take it with a grain of salt. I work at Nintendo on the team for Smash and there is a few new assists.
> Simon Belmont. Steve. Rabbids. Paper Mario.
Sephiroth. Funky Kong. Twintelle. Cappy. and Azura.
> There is 2 new echo fighters
> Dr. Luigi, and Louie.
> 6 new fighters are
> King K Rool
> Urbosa
> Hades
> Geno
> Tracer
> Banjo&Kazooie

Welcome Tracer to the count. Unfortunately, this isn't the last time we'll see her today.
Hello Everyone! I know most smash leaks are immediately called fake as soon as it is seen online. This leak will be one of the few that is correct. I have this info from a friend that works on smash ultimate and he had to sign a nondisclosure agreement.

Geno, King K Rool, and Chibi Robo are in due to them being both popular on the ballot and possible to implement. The Chorus Kids are in because they were now possible to implement because no limitations are standing in the team's way. For some odd reason, Sceptile was selected instead of Pokemon like Decidueye and Lycanroc. An Arms character is in. Banjo-Kazooie, Shovel Knight, and Simon Belmont were added thanks to popularity and third party support.Jibanyan was added because of popularity in Japan and great moveset potential. Prof. Layton was going to be in Jibanyan's slot but had to be swapped with the cat due to moveset difficulties. Waddle Dee and Skull Kid were considered but were cut and made into assist trophies due to time constraints. Echo Fighters include the following, Shadow, Dixie Kong, Chrom, Dark Samus, and Impa. All of which echo either Sonic, Diddy Kong, Ike, Samus, and Sheik respectively. I don't exactly know when these characters will be announced. All I know is that 6 of them will be eventually.

As for the features, custom moves and badges were cut, Smash Run is coming back in a grand scale in which now you can play with up to 8 players and fight each other on the map, Target Blast is coming back with new stages, the 3DS classic mode is returning, All Star mode is returning, Target Test is returning, Smash Tour is coming back, and adventure mode is returning and will be on the scale of subspace but with less cutscenes.

Regular fare. This roster would be pretty sick though.
Hello Boys and Girls, Here's a leak

>Heihachi revealed in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

http://evo.shoryuken.com

Short, simple, and to the point. We'll see how this one turns out.
Hello Everyone. I have a dear friend (who will remain anonymous due to his request and business reasons) that has a good chunk of information regarding the new Donkey Kong game on the switch created by Retro Studios. Don't get yout hopes up, this will not release anytime soon and isn't even being fully developed. This is just the direction in which they wish to take the new Donkey Kong game on the switch.

The game will be called Donkey Kong Country: The Rescue and is planned to be released sometime in 2021, most likely being the big announcement of that year (like Smash bros was for 2018). The plot is that King K. Rool wants to take over the island one last time, and he wants to start doing so by capturing Diddy Kong and taking him away. The goal is to stop K. Rool from ruling the island and also to save Diddy.

There will be more cutscenes than ever before. There will always be the opening and closing cuteness, as well as the cutscenes for each individual big boss, but they took a different route to add a couple more. Squacks (the bird that helps you find puzzle pieces) will follow K Rool and Diddy Kong and tell you about the progress K Rool is making. This is similar to how different toads talked about Peach in Super Mario 3d land, except Squacks will be comical and you get more of a cutscene.

There are 10 different worlds planned, and you will fight K Rool in world 5 and world 10. 6 different Kongs will be playable: Donkey Kong, Funky Kong, Dixie Kong, Cranky Kong, newly playable Kiddy Kong, and Diddy Kong. Diddy Kong will be playable in boss battle 5 when you regain control of him for that level, and also for the entirety of World 10, when you completely gain him back. (Diddy Kong manages to escape K. Rool by himself after K Rool trips on a banana) and is then playable in World 10. In addition however, there are extra levels in each world that are unlocked after beating the game if you want to use Diddy Kong more.

This game can be played by 4 players. The first 2 players are automatically Funky and Donkey Kong, but players 3 and 4 have a choice to choose between the others. There are three modes, easy moderate and hard. The one thing you should all know is that if player 3 jumps on Donkey Kong's back for example, both of them will take a heart of damage if they are hit. Each character has 2 hearts.

Believe this or don't. Doesn't really matter. Have a good day to all who are reading.

SURPRISE! This leak has nothing to do with Smash Bros! It's got to do with Nintendo though, so I included it. I've never been a big fan of the Donkey Kong Country franchise, but I figured fans of the series might enjoy this one.
> I know your sick and tired of fake leaks. And your prob going to say this is fake blablabla. Take this with a grain of salt.
> My older brother works on the team to create Smash. At first I thought he was lying. But I took it with a grain of salt and believed it. Here it is
> 10 fighters will join Smash. Including the 3 we know about now.
> He told me that Simon Belmont, Paper Mario, and Chibi-Robo are new assists. And another character that a lot of people wanted too.
> He then told me that Chrom is not a playable fighter, he is still in Robin's final Smash.
> Dark Samus and Shadow aren't in production. He doesn't know if they will be DLC fighters.
> The 2 echo fighters are Black Shadow and Dr. Luigi. It was planned that Glass Joe would be a Echo, but got scrapped.
> The new fighters are
> Captain Toad
> King K Rool
> Chorus Kids
> Geno
> and Tracer from Overwatch. I know, when I listened to my brother I thought it was fake, but it's real. Overwatch will also be announced at an upcoming direct. My brother said Tracer was wanted in the ballot a lot. I can't wait to play as all these fighters.
> Subspace make's it's return. Sunspace emissary 2.
> Characters that were planned that got cut were Masked Man, Tails, Glass Joe, and Paper Mario.

The second time Tracer is mentioned today. Truly we are in the darkest timeline. Nice choice using the "my older brother works at Nintendo" instead of "my uncle works at Nintendo."
> Hi guys, my friend worked on the team to create Smash Bros Ultimate. I know right off the bat your going to say Fake, just take it with a grain of salt.
> The new fighters that are joining the battle is 10 in all including the 3 that's announced.
> Jade from Dragon Quest 11 is joining the battle. The day she is announced. We will get a trailer for Dragon Quest 11 on Switch releasing Holiday 2018.
> 1 of the champions are joining the battle and that is Mipha. You might see other champions as DLC, but we don't know if it will happen yet.
> Geno is joining the battle, due to popularity in the ballot.
> King K Rool is also joining the Smash, sadly Dixie is not.
> Captain Toad is joining the battle. His recovery will be the Bird in treasure tracker.
> There will be 2 3rd party's and 3 1st party's
> Echo's are,
> Chrom as a Echo if Ike
> Shadow as a Echo of Sonic, he seems like he should be his only character.
> And Mimikyu as a Pikachu Echo.
> Subspace will return. Subspace 2

Mimikyu as a Pikachu Echo is funny.
To anyone reading this please keep in mind that this information is subject to change leading up to release. My sources are verified and instead of inflating this post with false info I will only offer what I know so far.

GAME MODES: Returning are Smash Run, Smash Tour, Break the Targets (1 setup for all characters not individual), and a 1-2 player drop in/drop out mode that is more in depth than adventure mode but not as long as SSE. It utilizes enemies and locations from Nintendo IP's more than creating new ones like in SSE, but there is a unique final boss that was based off a sketch directly from Sakurai.

MAPS: there will be one new level for each newcomer, plus five additional maps not based on a playable character. Most maps from past games are returning but not all (confirmed).

AT's: Most AT's from past games are returning including Isaac, Isabel, Dark Samus, Ray MK, and Drill Dozer. There will also be several new AT's which will all be shown before release. Some of the new AT's were picked because they were unable to be implemented as playable characters but were important enough that Sakurai wanted to include them in some way.

REVEALS: there is a schedule for reveals but it is changing almost every week. The only one I know about for sure is a mini-direct or something on a smaller scale scheduled for the end of August, right now it's on the 27th. I have no clue what will be revealed as even the teams working on the games only know what they need to know and when thy need to know it to further safeuard against potential leaks.

DLC: This has been said but to debunk any leaks mentioning DLC, it is not even a thought right now. Likely Nintendo will encourage DLC post-release but for right now the focus is only on the core game.

CHARACTERS: There are a total of 8 newcomers not yet shown as of this post. 2 of them are echo fighters, 2 are 3rd party, 1 is a surprise character nobody is thinking, and the rest are primarily based on the ballot.

A leak that doesn't mention characters. +10 points to believability. Not enough though.
Hello everybody. My name is Satoshi. My English istn very good yet, so please try to understand some of my erorrs.
I have few sources but they are reliabe as far as I can tell. Recently I had infromation passed on to me regarding Smash Ultimate. I would like to shaer it with you.
First of all, in the first week of August a Ryu echo fighter will be shown off. It's unclaer whether it's Evil Ryuu or Akuma but it's definitely on of the two.
Along side him Simon Belmont will be shown. The cinematic for Simon will cracking his whip at Fox and sending him flying at the opening. No ohter details we're given to me about the rest of the video. His Stage will be on top of the castle from Sympohny of the Night, and you can damage it in a similar fashion to Luigs house.

Then at the end of August we will receive a trailer for King K. Rool and the announcement of a new mode that combines Subspace Emissary with Adventure mode. Each character will be able to play through a set of 15 stage with a boss every 3 stages. There are lives and changeable difficulties that goes all the way up to "Impossible". There aren't 15 unique stages for each character, but instead each character has a combination of stages decided by the series they hail from, the difficulties, and who their "rival" is. Other original stages will be thrown in(also based on the difficulty set by the player) the mix to keep things fresh and interesting apparently.

In mid September, around the release of DBFZ on the Switch, Goku will be announced. The trailer shows him suddenly appear in the middle of a fight between Ridley, Mario and Koopa and throws a few punches before knocking everyone into the air and charging a Kamehameha that K.Os two of them. He is then transforms into Super Saiyajin and leaps into gameplay fighting Mario. I'm assuming that Goku is always SSJ during gameplay.
This is all of the info I have to share with you
Thanks for reading.
Until next tiem.

Goku?
I know this is gonna get ignored, but I have a small leak for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

No, it isn't a leak that claims to know everyone in the game, heck I don't even know most of the newcomers besides Ridley, the Inklings, Daisy, and this potential newcomer. I do, however, have a small bit of information for the game.
A playable fighter known as "Nokonoko+Kuribo " will be joining the game.

As for who it is, I'm certain it is a duo involving Koopa and Goomba, popular Mario enemies, but I'm not sure if this is true.

Taking the "Hat Goomba" joke to a whole new level.
Whether you're a fan of Shovel Knight or not, he will indeed find his way into Smash Brothers Ultimate according to my sources at Nintendo. From what I know a lot of what he does is tied to his items and moves from his game. There's a lot of details to cover here over this trailer from what I've learned, so lets start.

-Trailer release date is currently set for early September along with the launch of the Nintendo Online Service

-The trailer begins with a cinematic, showing a brawl between Mega Man and Mario
-Seconds later, an anchor lands in between them, having them turn, and as it does it reveals Shovel Knight standing with his shovel raised upwards similarly to the pose made when entering a level

-The next shot is him in this pose with a blue background and his name, with the phrase, "Shovel Knight Gets Digging!", and the "Strike The Earth" theme begins playing

-The next couple of shots are showing off his moveset. Shovel Knight uses his shovel for neutral, tilts, and aerials. He also has a "magic meter" which appears to deplete when he uses attacks that have items, and regenerates upon drinking a "magic potion". Magic max seems to be 40.

-Down aerial has him bounce on enemies he lands on top of
-Up Special is his Propeller Dagger, which will allow him to float back up periodically, appearing to progressively drain his magic when used
-Throwing Anchor presumably as his neutral special, it falls at an arch and appears to do a small stun when hitting
-War Horn, which makes a small circle around him that damages opponents that are in range and knocks them back (downsmash?), endlag seems pretty rough as well
-What I can only assume to be his sidespecial is the item "Dust Knuckles", having him equip these golden gauntlets that throw two punches.
-A neat little detail in the trailer is that when not using his shovel, it appears on his back
-Shield Knight is also seen as an Assist Trophy for a split moment
-At the very end of this trailer Shovel Knight uses his Final Smash, which is a combined effort from him, Spectre Knight, Plague Knight, and King Knight doing a flurry of attacks at high speeds, with a final attack by Shovel Knight where he slams his shovel onto the head of the opponent.

1509995268238.jpg

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Tbh, this might be a lot of characters' last playable appearance. It's weird to think about.
Honestly, I feel that everyone outside of the starting eight characters from Smash 64, Marth, and Inkling are at risk with the next Smash. I wouldn't even consider Ness and Captain Falcon entirely safe, either.

In an interview, he mentioned that with Smash Switch, he had a choice between completely overhauling the game systems and feel, or continue to build off what was established with Smash Wii U. He mentions that if he had gone with the former, we might have ended up with only a third of the fighters we have now.

I don't see any of the starting eight getting axed. All are way too iconic in gaming and Nintendo's history. Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing, Xenoblade, and Splatoon, though not represented in Smash 64, are relevant Nintendo properties as well. Even then, depending on roster size, Villager and Shulk could be at a small risk, too.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

I know your tired of these Smash leaks. But here's another 1. Take it with a grain of salt. I work at Nintendo on the team for Smash and there is a few new assists.
> Dr. Luigi, and Louie.
> 6 new fighters are
> King K Rool
> Urbosa
> Hades
> Geno
> Tracer
> Banjo&Kazooie

Welcome Tracer to the count. Unfortunately, this isn't the last time we'll see her today.
Hello Everyone! I know most smash leaks are immediately called fake as soon as it is seen online. This leak will be one of the few that is correct. I have this info from a friend that works on smash ultimate and he had to sign a nondisclosure agreement.

Geno, King K Rool, and Chibi Robo are in due to them being both popular on the ballot and possible to implement. The Chorus Kids are in because they were now possible to implement because no limitations are standing in the team's way. For some odd reason, Sceptile was selected instead of Pokemon like Decidueye and Lycanroc. An Arms character is in. Banjo-Kazooie, Shovel Knight, and Simon Belmont were added thanks to popularity and third party support.Jibanyan was added because of popularity in Japan and great moveset potential. Prof. Layton was going to be in Jibanyan's slot but had to be swapped with the cat due to moveset difficulties. Waddle Dee and Skull Kid were considered but were cut and made into assist trophies due to time constraints. Echo Fighters include the following, Shadow, Dixie Kong, Chrom, Dark Samus, and Impa. All of which echo either Sonic, Diddy Kong, Ike, Samus, and Sheik respectively. I don't exactly know when these characters will be announced. All I know is that 6 of them will be eventually.

As for the features, custom moves and badges were cut, Smash Run is coming back in a grand scale in which now you can play with up to 8 players and fight each other on the map, Target Blast is coming back with new stages, the 3DS classic mode is returning, All Star mode is returning, Target Test is returning, Smash Tour is coming back, and adventure mode is returning and will be on the scale of subspace but with less cutscenes.

Hello Everyone. I have a dear friend (who will remain anonymous due to his request and business reasons) that has a good chunk of information regarding the new Donkey Kong game on the switch created by Retro Studios. Don't get yout hopes up, this will not release anytime soon and isn't even being fully developed. This is just the direction in which they wish to take the new Donkey Kong game on the switch.

The game will be called Donkey Kong Country: The Rescue and is planned to be released sometime in 2021, most likely being the big announcement of that year (like Smash bros was for 2018). The plot is that King K. Rool wants to take over the island one last time, and he wants to start doing so by capturing Diddy Kong and taking him away. The goal is to stop K. Rool from ruling the island and also to save Diddy.

There will be more cutscenes than ever before. There will always be the opening and closing cuteness, as well as the cutscenes for each individual big boss, but they took a different route to add a couple more. Squacks (the bird that helps you find puzzle pieces) will follow K Rool and Diddy Kong and tell you about the progress K Rool is making. This is similar to how different toads talked about Peach in Super Mario 3d land, except Squacks will be comical and you get more of a cutscene.

There are 10 different worlds planned, and you will fight K Rool in world 5 and world 10. 6 different Kongs will be playable: Donkey Kong, Funky Kong, Dixie Kong, Cranky Kong, newly playable Kiddy Kong, and Diddy Kong. Diddy Kong will be playable in boss battle 5 when you regain control of him for that level, and also for the entirety of World 10, when you completely gain him back. (Diddy Kong manages to escape K. Rool by himself after K Rool trips on a banana) and is then playable in World 10. In addition however, there are extra levels in each world that are unlocked after beating the game if you want to use Diddy Kong more.

This game can be played by 4 players. The first 2 players are automatically Funky and Donkey Kong, but players 3 and 4 have a choice to choose between the others. There are three modes, easy moderate and hard. The one thing you should all know is that if player 3 jumps on Donkey Kong's back for example, both of them will take a heart of damage if they are hit. Each character has 2 hearts.

Believe this or don't. Doesn't really matter. Have a good day to all who are reading.

SURPRISE! This leak has nothing to do with Smash Bros! It's got to do with Nintendo though, so I included it. I've never been a big fan of the Donkey Kong Country franchise, but I figured fans of the series might enjoy this one.
> I know your sick and tired of fake leaks. And your prob going to say this is fake blablabla. Take this with a grain of salt.
> My older brother works on the team to create Smash. At first I thought he was lying. But I took it with a grain of salt and believed it. Here it is
> He told me that Simon Belmont, Paper Mario, and Chibi-Robo are new assists. And another character that a lot of people wanted too.
> He then told me that Chrom is not a playable fighter, he is still in Robin's final Smash.
> Dark Samus and Shadow aren't in production. He doesn't know if they will be DLC fighters.
> The 2 echo fighters are Black Shadow and Dr. Luigi. It was planned that Glass Joe would be a Echo, but got scrapped.
> The new fighters are
> Captain Toad
> King K Rool
> Chorus Kids
> Geno
> and Tracer from Overwatch. I know, when I listened to my brother I thought it was fake, but it's real. Overwatch will also be announced at an upcoming direct. My brother said Tracer was wanted in the ballot a lot. I can't wait to play as all these fighters.
> Characters that were planned that got cut were Masked Man, Tails, Glass Joe, and Paper Mario.

The second time Tracer is mentioned today. Truly we are in the darkest timeline. Nice choice using the "my older brother works at Nintendo" instead of "my uncle works at Nintendo."
> Hi guys, my friend worked on the team to create Smash Bros Ultimate. I know right off the bat your going to say Fake, just take it with a grain of salt.
> The new fighters that are joining the battle is 10 in all including the 3 that's announced.
> Jade from Dragon Quest 11 is joining the battle. The day she is announced. We will get a trailer for Dragon Quest 11 on Switch releasing Holiday 2018.
> 1 of the champions are joining the battle and that is Mipha. You might see other champions as DLC, but we don't know if it will happen yet.
> Captain Toad is joining the battle. His recovery will be the Bird in treasure tracker.
> Echo's are,
> Chrom as a Echo if Ike

To anyone reading this please keep in mind that this information is subject to change leading up to release. My sources are verified and instead of inflating this post with false info I will only offer what I know so far.

GAME MODES: Returning are Smash Run, Smash Tour, Break the Targets (1 setup for all characters not individual), and a 1-2 player drop in/drop out mode that is more in depth than adventure mode but not as long as SSE. It utilizes enemies and locations from Nintendo IP's more than creating new ones like in SSE, but there is a unique final boss that was based off a sketch directly from Sakurai.

MAPS: there will be one new level for each newcomer, plus five additional maps not based on a playable character. Most maps from past games are returning but not all (confirmed).

AT's: Most AT's from past games are returning including Isaac, Isabel, Dark Samus, Ray MK, and Drill Dozer. There will also be several new AT's which will all be shown before release. Some of the new AT's were picked because they were unable to be implemented as playable characters but were important enough that Sakurai wanted to include them in some way.

REVEALS: there is a schedule for reveals but it is changing almost every week. The only one I know about for sure is a mini-direct or something on a smaller scale scheduled for the end of August, right now it's on the 27th. I have no clue what will be revealed as even the teams working on the games only know what they need to know and when thy need to know it to further safeuard against potential leaks.

DLC: This has been said but to debunk any leaks mentioning DLC, it is not even a thought right now. Likely Nintendo will encourage DLC post-release but for right now the focus is only on the core game.

CHARACTERS: There are a total of 8 newcomers not yet shown as of this post. 2 of them are echo fighters, 2 are 3rd party, 1 is a surprise character nobody is thinking, and the rest are primarily based on the ballot.

A leak that doesn't mention characters. +10 points to believability. Not enough though.
Hello everybody. My name is Satoshi. My English istn very good yet, so please try to understand some of my erorrs.
I have few sources but they are reliabe as far as I can tell. Recently I had infromation passed on to me regarding Smash Ultimate. I would like to shaer it with you.
First of all, in the first week of August a Ryu echo fighter will be shown off. It's unclaer whether it's Evil Ryuu or Akuma but it's definitely on of the two.
Along side him Simon Belmont will be shown. The cinematic for Simon will cracking his whip at Fox and sending him flying at the opening. No ohter details we're given to me about the rest of the video. His Stage will be on top of the castle from Sympohny of the Night, and you can damage it in a similar fashion to Luigs house.

Then at the end of August we will receive a trailer for King K. Rool and the announcement of a new mode that combines Subspace Emissary with Adventure mode. Each character will be able to play through a set of 15 stage with a boss every 3 stages. There are lives and changeable difficulties that goes all the way up to "Impossible". There aren't 15 unique stages for each character, but instead each character has a combination of stages decided by the series they hail from, the difficulties, and who their "rival" is. Other original stages will be thrown in(also based on the difficulty set by the player) the mix to keep things fresh and interesting apparently.

In mid September, around the release of DBFZ on the Switch, Goku will be announced. The trailer shows him suddenly appear in the middle of a fight between Ridley, Mario and Koopa and throws a few punches before knocking everyone into the air and charging a Kamehameha that K.Os two of them. He is then transforms into Super Saiyajin and leaps into gameplay fighting Mario. I'm assuming that Goku is always SSJ during gameplay.
Thanks for reading.
Until next tiem.

Goku?
I know this is gonna get ignored, but I have a small leak for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

No, it isn't a leak that claims to know everyone in the game, heck I don't even know most of the newcomers besides Ridley, the Inklings, Daisy, and this potential newcomer. I do, however, have a small bit of information for the game.

As for who it is, I'm certain it is a duo involving Koopa and Goomba, popular Mario enemies, but I'm not sure if this is true.

Whether you're a fan of Shovel Knight or not, he will indeed find his way into Smash Brothers Ultimate according to my sources at Nintendo. From what I know a lot of what he does is tied to his items and moves from his game. There's a lot of details to cover here over this trailer from what I've learned, so lets start.

-Trailer release date is currently set for early September along with the launch of the Nintendo Online Service

-The trailer begins with a cinematic, showing a brawl between Mega Man and Mario
-Seconds later, an anchor lands in between them, having them turn, and as it does it reveals Shovel Knight standing with his shovel raised upwards similarly to the pose made when entering a level

-The next shot is him in this pose with a blue background and his name, with the phrase, "Shovel Knight Gets Digging!", and the "Strike The Earth" theme begins playing

-The next couple of shots are showing off his moveset. Shovel Knight uses his shovel for neutral, tilts, and aerials. He also has a "magic meter" which appears to deplete when he uses attacks that have items, and regenerates upon drinking a "magic potion". Magic max seems to be 40.

-Up Special is his Propeller Dagger, which will allow him to float back up periodically, appearing to progressively drain his magic when used
-Throwing Anchor presumably as his neutral special, it falls at an arch and appears to do a small stun when hitting
-War Horn, which makes a small circle around him that damages opponents that are in range and knocks them back (downsmash?), endlag seems pretty rough as well
-What I can only assume to be his sidespecial is the item "Dust Knuckles", having him equip these golden gauntlets that throw two punches.
-A neat little detail in the trailer is that when not using his shovel, it appears on his back
-At the very end of this trailer Shovel Knight uses his Final Smash, which is a combined effort from him, Spectre Knight, Plague Knight, and King Knight doing a flurry of attacks at high speeds, with a final attack by Shovel Knight where he slams his shovel onto the head of the opponent.

View attachment 154397
> Simon, Twintelle and Bandana Dee as Assist Trophies
> no trace of Elma anywhere
1532554670295.gif

Guess we’ll have to be prepared for the time we possibly say goodbye to :ultcloud::ultmegaman::ultryu::ultsnake:...again...and maybe/maybe not :ultpacman:...and also :ultwolf: just to mess with people
And then comes the 30th anniversary where everyone is brought back yet again...

But we’ll be heckin old people when it happens

Last edited:

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
This may sound weird to some folks, but I believe that Daisy was the real winner of the Smash Ballot. Bayonetta was planned before the Ballot even began.
https://twitter.com/Ruben_dal/statu...https://sourcegaming.info/2018/07/03/bayo106/
Other popular characters like Ridley and Waluigi couldn't have possibly won because Ridley was already a stage hazard and isn't popular in Japan. Waluigi was already an Assist Trophy. King K. Rool and Geno are popular among hardcore fans, but they are unrecognizable to the casual audience. Daisy doesn't have this problem. She is very popular among both hardcore and casual gamers due to being prominently featured in the Mario spinoffs AND being playable in a mobile game. She even starred in the 1993 Super Mario Bros. movie, so that added to her recognizability and popularity as well.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Besides the Nintendo characters and Sonic/Bayo, nobody is safe
So all 61 Nintendo characters are safe and only Mega Man, Pac-Man, Ryu, and Cloud are in danger?

But seriously, if I were Sakurai, I'd start with getting rid of some of the less popular "padding" (:ultyounglink::ultpichu:) and work backwards. I don't think Sakurai will automatically dump five third-party characters just to make things easier on himself.

Honestly, I feel that everyone outside of the starting eight characters from Smash 64, Marth, and Inkling are at risk with the next Smash. I wouldn't even consider Ness and Captain Falcon entirely safe, either.

In an interview, he mentioned that with Smash Switch, he had a choice between completely overhauling the game systems and feel, or continue to build off what was established with Smash Wii U. He mentions that if he had gone with the former, we might have ended up with only a third of the fighters we have now.

I don't see any of the starting eight getting axed. All are way too iconic in gaming and Nintendo's history. Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing, Xenoblade, and Splatoon, though not represented in Smash 64, are relevant Nintendo properties as well. Even then, depending on roster size, Villager and Shulk could be at a small risk, too.
There's no way Sakurai would be able to get rid of anyone in the original 12 without massive backlash (save for maybe Jigglypuff). Luigi is Luigi, EarthBound has a lot of support from its dedicated fanbase, and Captain Falcon has become too much of a Smash staple to drop.

When Sakurai says "overhaul", I don't think he means "Let's cut 50+ characters and work with a roster less than 20." I'm sure popular characters like Zelda, Wario, and Villager are safe, but more expendable characters like Dr. Mario, Wolf, Rosalina :(, and Corrin could be cut in order to lessen the strain on the development team.

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master

> Dr. Luigi, and Louie.
> 6 new fighters are
> King K Rool
> Urbosa
> Hades
> Geno
> Tracer
> Banjo&Kazooie

> The new fighters are
> Captain Toad
> King K Rool
> Chorus Kids
> Geno

> Echo's are,
> Chrom as a Echo if Ike

Thanks for reading.
Until next tiem.

Goku?

View attachment 154397
Tracer leakers; I wasn't expecting to found something like that in Smash Speculation xDU.

BTW; when was the last time you saw a "leaker" suggesting something about Fire Emblem?

SonicMario

Smash Master
This may sound weird to some folks, but I believe that Daisy was the real winner of the Smash Ballot. Bayonetta was planned before the Ballot even began.
https://twitter.com/Ruben_dal/status/1013925354682101760?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1013925354682101760&ref_url=https://sourcegaming.info/2018/07/03/bayo106/
Other popular characters like Ridley and Waluigi couldn't have possibly won because Ridley was already a stage hazard and isn't popular in Japan. Waluigi was already an Assist Trophy. King K. Rool and Geno are popular among hardcore fans, but they are unrecognizable to the casual audience. Daisy doesn't have this problem. She is very popular among both hardcore and casual gamers due to being prominently featured in the Mario spinoffs AND being playable in a mobile game. She even starred in the 1993 Super Mario Bros. movie, so that added to her recognizability and popularity as well.
>Daisy the real Ballot Winner
>Only an Echo Fighter of Peach

...See a problem with that?

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
https://twitter.com/Ruben_dal/status/1013925354682101760?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1013925354682101760&ref_url=https://sourcegaming.info/2018/07/03/bayo106/
Not denying Daisy didn't do well on the ballot, but I have a hard time seeing someone who's considered to be the stereotypical loser of the Super Mario series beating out someone like K. Rool or Bandana Dee.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
>Horrible 1993 movie that isn't relevant nor liked by it's own fanbase boosting the popularity of a character loosely associated with it.
>Popularity with casual gamers who wouldn't know the ballot exists.

Give it up memoryman3. We know it's you. /s

Daisy likely placed high (maybe even in the top 20 like the actual memoryman3 claims), but she definitely didn't win. That likely went to a third party of some kind, like Banjo & Kazooie or Sora.

Tracer leakers; I wasn't expecting to found something like that in Smash Speculation xDU.

BTW; when was the last time you saw a "leaker" suggesting something about Fire Emblem?
I mean, Chrom is one of the top 20 characters mentioned. A Three Houses character and Alm or Celica are mentioned slightly less often. Mentions are spread out pretty evenly across time.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
But we’ll be heckin old people when it happens
Y’all be old, but I’ll still have some youth to myself
So all 61 Nintendo characters are safe and only Mega Man, Pac-Man, Ryu, and Cloud are in danger?

But seriously, if I were Sakurai, I'd start with getting rid of some of the less popular "padding" (:ultyounglink::ultpichu:) and work backwards. I don't think Sakurai will automatically dump five third-party characters just to make things easier on himself.

There's no way Sakurai would be able to get rid of anyone in the original 12 without massive backlash (save for maybe Jigglypuff). Luigi is Luigi, EarthBound has a lot of support from its dedicated fanbase, and Captain Falcon has become too much of a Smash staple to drop.

When Sakurai says "overhaul", I don't think he means "Let's cut 50+ characters and work with a roster less than 20." I'm sure popular characters like Zelda, Wario, and Villager are safe, but more expendable characters like Dr. Mario, Wolf, Rosalina :(, and Corrin could be cut in order to lessen the strain on the development team.
I don’t think he’d dump them. I choose the non-Sega 3rd parties as possibilities in case they weren’t allowed to rejoin the battle (which would suck...well not Cloud I wouldn’t miss him)

As for the padding and expendable...Rosalina and (Female)Corrin are definitely the opposite of that. One is the only real mother figure in a top tier series and had a major role in one of said series greatest games (there’s also the amount of appearances made and the murder attempted), while the other one has been pushed as a popular character and big sister waifu while only being held down by a male counterpart.

Doc would be an alt at the worst, Pichu and Yink could survive, and Wolf though...sorry Etika

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Not to be rude, But I doubt a character barely talked about in the Smash Community won.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

> Dr. Luigi, and Louie.
> 6 new fighters are
> King K Rool
> Urbosa
> Hades
> Geno
> Tracer
> Banjo&Kazooie

> The new fighters are
> Captain Toad
> King K Rool
> Chorus Kids
> Geno

> Echo's are,
> Chrom as a Echo if Ike

Thanks for reading.
Until next tiem.

Goku?

View attachment 154397
>Prof. Layton was going to be in Jibanyan's slot but had to be swapped with the cat due to moveset difficulties.
I would have so many mixed feelings about this.

>DKC leak
>Kiddy Kong
>2021 release window
2079557-tumblr_l4v4tph3e01qzhy30o1_500.jpg

Seriously, not even trying here. I also sincerely doubt leaks would be found THIS early for a game plan that's on the long term.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
>Prof. Layton was going to be in Jibanyan's slot but had to be swapped with the cat due to moveset difficulties.
I would have so many mixed feelings about this.

>DKC leak
>Kiddy Kong
>2021 release window
View attachment 154400

Seriously, not even trying here. I also sincerely doubt leaks would be found THIS early for a game plan that's on the long term.
Gematsu leaked information about Sakurai's early project plan in 2014. It's not impossible.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Yeah, but Retro is pretty secretive. The supposed leaker could have went ahead and also tell what the current situation at the company is (whether they're being shut down or not).
Like Sakurai and his team aren't? Dude chose only to "leak" information about the game. Nothing more, nothing less.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Y’all be old, but I’ll still have some youth to myself

I don’t think he’d dump them. I choose the non-Sega 3rd parties as possibilities in case they weren’t allowed to rejoin the battle (which would suck...well not Cloud I wouldn’t miss him)

As for the padding and expendable...Rosalina and (Female)Corrin are definitely the opposite of that. One is the only real mother figure in a top tier series and had a major role in one of said series greatest games (there’s also the amount of appearances made and the murder attempted), while the other one has been pushed as a popular character and big sister waifu while only being held down by a male counterpart.

Doc would be an alt at the worst, Pichu and Yink could survive, and Wolf though...sorry Etika
I don't disagree with your points, but even as a massive Rosalina fan who considers her to be one of the most unique characters we've ever gotten in Smash, I have to admit that she's more expendable than just about every other Mario character, excluding Doc and maybe Jr. As for Corrin, compared to the rest of the FE characters, he isn't exactly a fan favorite. If Sakurai was dropping 20 or more characters, I'd consider Corrin to be someone in danger.

And clone or not, Sakurai needs to set his priorities straight if he thinks Doc, Young Link, and Pichu are all more worthy of his development time than Wolf.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Man, there is a lot more Mimikyu hate in this thread than I thought there was..... :lol:

EDIT: Daisy didn't win the ballot don't be silly.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
You ever wonder if that wooden tail Mimikyu has is a part of the costume, a part of the shadow creature, or is just him holding up a stick?

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Man, there is a lot more Mimikyu hate in this thread than I thought there was..... :lol:

EDIT: Daisy didn't win the ballot don't be silly.
Did I miss something about Mimikyu? But are you surprised?

Honestly since I want either Mimikyu or Decideueye I'm pretty lucky, I'll either get to rejoice and say I told you so if Mimikyu gets in or I can be happy that my spooky owl boy got in, with hopefully and intresting Moveset. No loss. (Unless Incinearoar or Lycanroc get in)
You ever wonder if that wooden tail Mimikyu has is a part of the costume, a part of the shadow creature, or is just him holding up a stick?
I swore it was confirmed, if not I defintely like to think it's just 24/7 carrying a stick. It's defintely a piece of wood hence Wood Hammer so chnaces are it's not part of the costume.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I laugh at the idea that Geno is supposedly only popular among "hardcore" fans since even Sakurai stated he was a "very popular character." No character that is supposedly only popular among forum speculators would be called a "very popular character." Come on, seriously?

Questionmark222

Smash Journeyman
Did anyone listen to the new F-Zero medley that was posted on the website? It's amazing and some very specific parts of it give me Mario Kart 8 Rainbow Road theme vibes (which are bonus points in my book).

Last edited by a moderator:

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Did I miss something about Mimikyu? But are you surprised?

Honestly since I want either Mimikyu or Decideueye I'm pretty lucky, I'll either get to rejoice and say I told you so if Mimikyu gets in or I can be happy that my spooky owl boy got in, with hopefully and intresting Moveset. No loss. (Unless Incinearoar or Lycanroc get in)

I swore it was confirmed, if not I defintely like to think it's just 24/7 carrying a stick. It's defintely a piece of wood hence Wood Hammer so chnaces are it's not part of the costume.
I don't know? If you missed something then I guess I did, too.

I'm just surprised it took me this long to see it. Mimikyu has come up in arguments several times but the only two people I can remember being actively against it in Smash are Lampy and Mario and Sonic Guy. So, like, yeah I'm kinda surprised.
I'd guess 1 and 3, tbh. Its weird though because like Imadethistoseealeak said Wood Hammer kinda beats 1, and the fact that we've seen it with both hands out with the tail still up kinda stomps that, unless it has multiple shadow hands.

Maybe it really is a part of the creature? That seems kinda weird to be purely shadow with a piece of wood sticking out for some reason but w/e.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I don't hate Mimikyu.
I think choosing the starters is overrated and pushed a bit too much by many.
Unless its Golisopod or Buzzwole I won't be happy nor angry with an inclusion.

Did anyone listen to the new F-Zero medley that was posted on the website? It's amazing and some very specific parts of it give me Mario Kart 8 Rainbow Road theme vibes (which are bonus points in my book).
It's funny that Snake Eater gets no vocals but F-Zero gets one. The Chad Falcon strikes again.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I don't disagree with your points, but even as a massive Rosalina fan who considers her to be one of the most unique characters we've ever gotten in Smash, I have to admit that she's more expendable than just about every other Mario character, excluding Doc and maybe Jr. As for Corrin, compared to the rest of the FE characters, he isn't exactly a fan favorite. If Sakurai was dropping 20 or more characters, I'd consider Corrin to be someone in danger.

And clone or not, Sakurai needs to set his priorities straight if he thinks Doc, Young Link, and Pichu are all more worthy of his development time than Wolf.
With Corrin that’s why I went with only the female version, since she’s way more popular than her male counterpart (who doesn’t make top twenty in either CYL poll results for Heroes); though she has taken a stumble due to the likes of Celica, Erika, and Women with big boobs knocking her (and rudely Tharja) down. Opposite thing with the Robins, as the male version is way more loved than the female one (even with her fan service, the male has yet to be topped).

Rosalina is currently in a “Waiting/Bowser Jr Phase” due to Odyssey happening, but her appearing in practically everything Mario related in some shape and form and practically replaced Daisy as the “other important female in the Mario series”.

As for Young Link, I could understand him being a bigger priority due to how important OoT and MM are to the Zelda series, Pichu...I got nothing, and Doc can easily survive a demotion

monadoboy

Smash Lord
Oh yeah, about Mimikyu. I don't think the problem with him is the lack of limbs for grabbing, but the lack of legs. They'd just move very awkwardly, and it maybe hurts Sakurai's "imagine the character dancing" criteria.
This looks awkward compared to the dancing Pikachus, for example:
Don't get me wrong tho Mimikyu is one of my favorite Pokemon and I'd love to see him.

PeridotGX

Pranked!
NNID
Denoma5280
I highly doubt Daisy won. Top 25, maybe, but a win doesn't seem possible. And besides, why dishonor the "winner" by being a glorified Alt Costume?

But if Bayonetta didn't win, I'd assume that it was probably one of Wolf, Snake, or Bandana Dee.

Last edited:

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Oh yeah, about Mimikyu. I don't think the problem with him is the lack of limbs for grabbing, but the lack of legs. They'd just move very awkwardly, and it maybe hurts Sakurai's "imagine the character dancing" criteria.
This looks awkward compared to the dancing Pikachus, for example:
Don't get me wrong tho Mimikyu is one of my favorite Pokemon and I'd love to see him.
I'm glad you like it.

I just wanna say, its a ghost and we already have characters who float. Rosalina, for example.

EDIT: also that quote had nothing to do with actual dancing lmao.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
They'd just move very awkwardly, and it maybe hurts Sakurai's "imagine the character dancing" criteria.
How does Bowser Jr. dance in his mech if he uses it for 99% of his movepool?
And what about R.O.B.? The guy can't even-

yeah ok nevermind

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Here's a game

For example, me

Skull Kid
Bandana Dee
Adeleine
Geno

I kinda have an advantage to to really only proselytizing over one character...

Elma
Twintelle
Boshi
Steve

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
overwatch came out after the ballot though...

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
I don't know? If you missed something then I guess I did, too.

I'm just surprised it took me this long to see it. Mimikyu has come up in arguments several times but the only two people I can remember being actively against it in Smash are Lampy and Mario and Sonic Guy. So, like, yeah I'm kinda surprised.
I'd guess 1 and 3, tbh. Its weird though because like Imadethistoseealeak said Wood Hammer kinda beats 1, and the fact that we've seen it with both hands out with the tail still up kinda stomps that, unless it has multiple shadow hands.

Maybe it really is a part of the creature? That seems kinda weird to be purely shadow with a piece of wood sticking out for some reason but w/e.
It definitely looks like there are more tentacles besides it's hands, like those little spikey points jutting from it's underside? I imagined it was holding the stick with one of those.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
overwatch came out after the ballot though...
"b-b-but Overwatch was already popular!"
Users of the online site ******* have searched for Overwatch porn more than 600,000 times this calendar year. There are more than 700 Overwatch porn animations. It’s gotten so popular that even the game’s developer, Blizzard, has taken notice. All this before the game was even released.
From this article (Unsurprisingly, it's NSFW).

Last edited:

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
I'll admit daisy probably placed high on the ballot but i doubt she "won". honestly the winner was probably snake or any other veteran, who got the most votes after that as an actual "newcomer" is anyones guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom