• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KMDP

Smash Legend

↑ This is the man who made the new F-Zero medley.

It's surreal how a man like him has a good practice of spoken English, but also has such a golden voice.
This is the first suggested video on that video, also a Takenobu Mitsuyoshi vocal cover.
If only this could also be in Smash. XD

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
View attachment 154214

Got bored so I did a new game based on the previous word association one:

A-Z of newcomers. We're in a parallel universe where 26 newcomer is feasible, but you can only have one of each letter. Who you pick?

A: Andy
B: Bandana Dee
C: Captain Toad
D: Dixie Kong
E: Elma
F: Fossil Fighter
G: Gooey
H: Henry Flemming(you're welcome Oppossum)
I: Impa
J: Jashin(and Doshin)
K: Kamek
L: Lyn
M: Meowth
N: Nikki(was a tough choice)
O: Octoling
P: Porky(although Paper Mario was close)
Q: Qbby
R: Ribbon Girl
S: Slippy Toad(Samurai Goroh was close)
T: Toad
U: Urobosa(not many U's)
V: Vaati
W: Waluigi
X: Xander(again not many X's)
Y: Yuga
Z: Zoroark (almost went for Zant but way too many Zelda newcomers)

What are yours?
This was tricky as a lot of characters start with "s"

A: Ashley
B: Bomberman
C: Crash
F: ???
G: Gardevoir
H: Hilda
J: ???
K: Krystal (Sorry K. Rool)
L: Lola Pop
M: Medusa
N: Ninten
P: Proto Man
Q: ???
R: Roll
S: Shantae
T: Tails
U: Ubrosa
V: ???
W: Waddle Dee (Bandana'd)
X: ???
Y: Yarn Yoshi
Z: Zero (Mega Man)

F is a surprisingly tricky letter.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Here's a game

Say your 2 most wanted characters, and 2 of your least wanted characters (keep it video game related, and maybe make one Nintendo). But don't say who is who

For example, me

Skull Kid
Bandana Dee
Adeleine
Geno

Probably obvious, Given the signature but that doesn't matter because nothing matters, ever. But that's off topic. Just do it.
Rayman
Simon Belmont
Dixie Kong
Rex & Pyra

I didn’t include Impa since I figured that’d be obvious.

I've asked this before but not gotten responses. Something different from all the character speculation.

What new game modes would you like to see this time around? I'd love a capture the flag mode on big maps or a king of the hill mode where you try to control a zone. Also a multi character stock match would be awesome.
I would love a Melee style adventure mode. Maybe with Brawl boss battles returning. Have series specific ones for each character. I don’t need cutscenes or even a story just replayablility

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
The lack of new info outside of music is kind of boring me too now, so I'm just gonna play a silly little prediction game, tomorrow Sakurai might tell us to tune in on Friday as a new challenger may be approaching. Then he uploads a new trailer like he did with Robin/Lucina's reveal. Who the new character is is anyone's guess. (Maybe Ashley due to the upcoming release of Wario Ware Gold?)

If I'm right then yay, if I'm wrong then oh well, back to playing the waiting game I guess... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

92MilesPrower

Smash Ace
I was pretty busy with some stuff, but Codecs should be coming daily again at a normal time. Now, tomorrow's preview:

Mei Ling: I think maybe it's because you've been sneaking around the place too much for no good reason, but a person like them should definitely be able to help.

Next up: :ultwiifittrainer:

Freduardo

Smash Champion
The four characters without saying which two are wanted and which two are not wanted game:

Steve from Minecraft
Bonk
Tiny Kong
Mike from Star Tropics

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I'm pretty sure we're all hungry for all the characters. I'm hungry as hell for Wolf, Young Link, and Pichu with their movesets being tweaked
Nah I’m just hungry for Pit...and the hunger for Wolf mostly comes from Etika and Shofu
Well, THIS adds an interesting wrinkle.
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...e_crash_bandicoot_on_nintendo_switch_in_japan
If Crash makes it in Smash, does it mean that Sega would submit him as a character on Activision/Sony/Universal's behalf
No it will not (Sakurai still had to ask for a Rayman trophy despite Rayman Legends being published by Nintendo in Japan)

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

KMDP

Smash Legend
I've asked this before but not gotten responses. Something different from all the character speculation.

What new game modes would you like to see this time around? I'd love a capture the flag mode on big maps or a king of the hill mode where you try to control a zone. Also a multi character stock match would be awesome.
I made this clear early in my time here. Fortune Smash

Bring a "Fortune Street" (Itadaki Street/Boom Street) mode into Smash Bros. to replace Smash Tour, and allow players to play as Assist Trophies in that mode as a roundabout way to make them playable.
FortuneSmashKirby.png

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
So, what's left before they run out of new stuff from the demo?

Stages (seem to only be covering new and returning stages not in SSB4):

-Saffron City
-Frigate Orpheon
-New Pork City

Pokeball Pokemon:

-Scizor
-Togemaru

Assist Trophies:

-Sticker Arcade Rabbit

Items:

-Banana gun
-Crash bomb (Kirby)
-Fake Smash Ball

Am I missing anything? I know that we're almost already a third of the way to the game's launch but I had forgotten what a master at stalling for time Sakurai was. How the hell did any of us make it through the 18 month Brawl and 15 month SSB4 wait?
Welllll we technically don't know whether all stages will receive updates or not. The Mega Man stage got an update but it was also technically different (combining 3DS and Wii U elements). I do think by the end of August we will have covered more or less everything in the demobuild, except maybe characters.

D

Deleted member

Here's a game

Say your 2 most wanted characters, and 2 of your least wanted characters (keep it video game related, and maybe make one Nintendo). But don't say who is who

For example, me

Skull Kid
Bandana Dee
Adeleine
Geno

Probably obvious, Given the signature but that doesn't matter because nothing matters, ever. But that's off topic. Just do it.
Dixie Kong
Lana
Linkle
Shantae

:V

CodakTheWarrior

Smash Ace
Random thought that just popped into my head, what if we got a combined Skull Kid and Geno reveal trailer?! Wouldn't that just be the most perfect thing ever? The story writes itself with Young Link following Geno through the Lost Woods when they are suddenly attacked by Skull Kid and it just gets weirder from there.
Two of my three most wanted in one awesome trailer? YES PLEASE.

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
Here's a game

For example, me

Skull Kid
Bandana Dee
Adeleine
Geno

Rhythm Heaven
K Rool
Mimikyu
Steve

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I’d love stages for third party series that have no playable representation.

Like a ****ing Chrono Trigger, Mystical Ninja or Resident Evil stage would be hella cool.

lltacx

Smash Journeyman
I'm sad. The lack of information is killing me and i find myself lurking these forums less and less, a few months ago i was excited to visit here for any kind of news about Smash but nothing is happening :EvilBub:. Hope we get a real believable leak or some actual info on smash very soon! I feel like i sometimes forget the game is even releasing this year :kirby:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I just realized that this is probably Snake's last Smash rodeo and it makes me sad.
Atleast he gets to have another go...might get more unless Konami does something foolish or Sony buys the franchise to piss many fans off

osby

Smash Obsessed
Atleast he gets to have another go...might get more unless Konami does something foolish or Sony buys the franchise to piss many fans off
Tbh, this might be a lot of characters' last playable appearance. It's weird to think about.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I'm sad. The lack of information is killing me and i find myself lurking these forums less and less, a few months ago i was excited to visit here for any kind of news about Smash but nothing is happening :EvilBub:. Hope we get a real believable leak or some actual info on smash very soon! I feel like i sometimes forget the game is even releasing this year :kirby:
Most likely because they're keeping things under tight wraps now comparing to the previous two (three of you count Wii U/2DS separate) games

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...e_crash_bandicoot_on_nintendo_switch_in_japan
If Crash makes it in Smash, does it mean that Sega would submit him as a character on Activision/Sony/Universal's behalf?
Well, well, well...this is quite an interesting twist here. I'm not crazy about this sudden move, but if Sega is using Crash, this will help push his chances into possibly DLC

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I feel like we will get something in August... hopefully we finally get Simon Belmont confirmed.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
If Crash makes it in Smash, does it mean that Sega would submit him as a character on Activision/Sony/Universal's behalf?

Shantae
Kiddy Kong
Rayman
Urban Champion

If you know me well enough, it's a no-brainer.

Not really, aside from DAYTONAAAAAAAAA flavor being infused into a F-Zero medley.

Edit: Huh, kinda missed the Peach's Castle focus.
If Sega are publishing Crash Bandicoot N-Sane Trilogy on Switch in Japan.

Crash/Sonic Crossover, please?

Enchess

Smash Lord
View attachment 154214

Got bored so I did a new game based on the previous word association one:

A-Z of newcomers. We're in a parallel universe where 26 newcomer is feasible, but you can only have one of each letter. Who you pick?

A: Andy
B: Bandana Dee
C: Captain Toad
F: Fossil Fighter
G: Gooey
H: Henry Flemming(you're welcome Oppossum)
J: Jashin(and Doshin)
K: Kamek
L: Lyn
M: Meowth
N: Nikki(was a tough choice)
P: Porky(although Paper Mario was close)
R: Ribbon Girl
S: Slippy Toad(Samurai Goroh was close)
T: Toad
U: Urobosa(not many U's)
W: Waluigi
X: Xander(again not many X's)
Y: Yuga
Z: Zoroark (almost went for Zant but way too many Zelda newcomers)

What are yours?
A: Ashley
B: Bowletta
C: Cackletta
F: Fiora
G: Golden Diva
H: Hector
I: Isaac
J: um.... Jigglypuff gets a second slot
K: King K Rool
L: Lyndis
M: Mio Amakura
N: Ninten
P: Prince Fluff
R: Ribbon Girl I guess? (weird amount of trouble thinking of a R)
S: Saki Amamiya
T: Trubbish
U: Urbosa I guess? (Who else starts with a U...)
W: Waveracer
X: Cross (hope people get that. also don't really want him)
Y: Yarn Kirby/Yoshi
Z: Zorua

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
One more Takenobu Mitsuyoshi cover for the road.
Could work on Umbra Clock Tower. :laugh:

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
So, what's left before they run out of new stuff from the demo?

Stages (seem to only be covering new and returning stages not in SSB4):

-Saffron City
-Frigate Orpheon
-New Pork City

Pokeball Pokemon:

-Scizor
-Togemaru

Assist Trophies:

-Sticker Arcade Rabbit

Items:

-Banana gun
-Crash bomb (Kirby)
-Fake Smash Ball

Am I missing anything? I know that we're almost already a third of the way to the game's launch but I had forgotten what a master at stalling for time Sakurai was. How the hell did any of us make it through the 18 month Brawl and 15 month SSB4 wait?
Brawl's first year was truly evil. Anyways, at least we're not doomed to an update like "You Must Recover!"

Remember how people analyzed that there would be a character reveal for that?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Phew, I’m FINALLY in after that lag ****storm. I wonder if images and attachments are still broken tho

DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon find anything interesting today?

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I know we're going through a drought of information, but try to stay patient. Honestly, this is nothing compared to the six month drought between E3 2013 and Rosalina's reveal.

There's less than five months until Ultimate releases, so they have to give us more info sooner or later. Just hang in there for a little while longer.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Serious question: why should we give a chance to a text leak with literally nothing backing it up? I don't care if it's viable or not, it's literally just a "believable" text leak. We get hundreds every single day.
I'm of the opinion that we give every "leak" the benefit of the doubt and entertain the notion that it could be the one.
  • No one believed ChaosZero, and his posts on GameFAQs were taken down by moderators multiple times. In DMs they called him a troll.
  • The other true Brawl leaker was also treated as a troll, and had their post edited by the moderators of this site to make them look that way.
  • People scoffed at Gematsu before Wii Fit Trainer was revealed, and still didn't believe it after that.
  • Ninka/Vaanrose was widely doubted despite the evidence it gave.
  • The ESRB leak was infamously detested, with people doing mental gymnastics to disprove it, hence the "Shulk is a photoshopped Little Mac" meme.
  • A leak of Smash Bros. Ultimate that predicted all veterans, Ridley, and Daisy showed up a day or two before E3 and everyone laughed at it.
  • People are still (somewhat rightfully) skeptic of Vergeben despite his claims being correct so far.

Every real leak has been laughed at, so each leak that we laugh at could be the one.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Here's a game

For example, me

Skull Kid
Bandana Dee
Adeleine
Geno

Ashley
Mimikyu
Steve
Rabbid
Mine are pretty obvious, unfortunately.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I know that Sega publishing Crash in Japan doesn't increase Smash chances in the slightest, but it's still a fun sense of irony, given how Sega and Sony were rivals back in the day.

Now, Kirby has completed the anime circle...
Yet no one will translate it (unless the Rainbow Resort folks are dedicated enough to get some translators).

I'm of the opinion that we give every "leak" the benefit of the doubt and entertain the notion that it could be the one.
  • No one believed ChaosZero, and his posts on GameFAQs were taken down by moderators multiple times. In DMs they called him a troll.
  • The other true Brawl leaker was also treated as a troll, and had their post edited by the moderators of this site to make them look that way.
  • People scoffed at Gematsu before Wii Fit Trainer was revealed, and still didn't believe it after that.
  • Ninka/Vaanrose was widely doubted despite the evidence it gave.
  • The ESRB leak was infamously detested, with people doing mental gymnastics to disprove it, hence the "Shulk is a photoshopped Little Mac" meme.
  • A leak of Smash Bros. Ultimate that predicted all veterans, Ridley, and Daisy showed up a day or two before E3 and everyone laughed at it.
  • People are still (somewhat rightfully) skeptic of Vergeben despite his claims being correct so far.

Every real leak has been laughed at, so each leak that we laugh at could be the one.
It's like no one ever heard of The Boy Who Cried Wolf.

Besides the Nintendo characters and Sonic/Bayo, nobody is safe
I think Pac-Man is fine as long as Bandai Namco are involved with making the game (unless they suddenly drop Smash support for some silly reason like hating money). Aside from that, yeah.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom