• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Tethu would a be a nice addition to the roster, Smash never got any wind based characters before, so Tethu would bring that to the table.

Vaati says hi.
Personally for me, 2019 is their last shot. Whenever they talk about it they hype it up as the the Pokemon game longtime fans have been waiting for.
The game that'll make hardcore fans say "This is what iv'e always wanted!" (They actually said this). I have hope, but if they blow it? I don't even know anymore. I might stick around for Unova remakes.
*gasp* An in-built Nuzlocke mode!?

Actually, I don't really care for Nuzlockes myself (at least when I play them, I'm a huge soft touch and just don't let the team die, ultimately ruining the point of the Nuzlocke. XD)

If I could guess, they're probably talking about a Hard Mode. Maybe easy ways to IV train.

More Mega Evolutions. More alternate Evolutions (pulling from the Space World Demo would be nice).

...Is it possible they'll finally do Pokémon Fusion? I mean they are probably running out of gimmicks. XD

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Yes, it is. You need a Pokémon with a Super Effective move to enter Brock's Gym, and a Level 20 or over Pokémon to enter Misty's.
Yup. That useless guide at the entrance of gyms now will ACTIVELY BLOCK YOUR ENTRANCE if you are not SUFFICIENTLY PREPARED to curbstomp the gym leader.
Yes, each gym in Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee will have requirements to enter, the requirement for the first gym (which is rock type) is you must have a grass or water Pokemon to enter. You literally can't fail unless you deliberately try.
Wow. They're taking hand-holding to a whole new level now.

Really hope stuff like this doesn't bleed into Gen VIII. Its concerning, because the hand-holding in Gen VI was annoying, and it got much worse in Gen VII, so I'm unsure.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Look at the hair.
I mean, I agree it could look better, but I wouldn't describe that as something "going on". That's pretty nitpicky if you ask me. Especially since you are acting like it's obvious. I'm sure things are going to look better by release. It's clear the character models are still in development because there were several model glitches in the character trailers.

But, you gotta be more specific than "what's going on here?" when talking about someone's hair.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I mean, I agree it could look better, but I wouldn't describe that as something "going on". That's pretty nitpicky if you ask me. Especially since you are acting like it's obvious. I'm sure things are going to look better by release. It's clear the character models are still in development because there were several model glitches in the character trailers.

You gotta be more specific than "what's going on here?" when talking about someone's hair.
It looks plastic-y, like doll hair. Not as detailed as most other characters’ hair, like say, Marth.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I literally just said it could look better. I just don't think it's a big deal.
Eeeeeeh, I dunno

When you compare his model to most others it makes him stick out like a sore thumb...especially when it comes to the perspective of maintaining constant quality

That’s just my opinion tho

Last edited:

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman

But, you gotta be more specific than "what's going on here?" when talking about someone's hair.
Thought it was pretty obvious that it didn't need further explanation. Also I don't really see a problem with being "nitpicky" If I think something can be better, I'll say it. Also I don't doubt that it will be fixed, doesn't mean I shouldn't bring it up, it's another thing to look out for in the future to see if it's fixed.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
A-Z Newcomer roster.png

Got bored so I did a new game based on the previous word association one:

A-Z of newcomers. We're in a parallel universe where 26 newcomer is feasible, but you can only have one of each letter. Who you pick?

A: Andy
B: Bandana Dee
C: Captain Toad
D: Dixie Kong
E: Elma
F: Fossil Fighter
G: Gooey
H: Henry Flemming(you're welcome Oppossum)
I: Impa
J: Jashin(and Doshin)
K: Kamek
L: Lyn
M: Meowth
N: Nikki(was a tough choice)
O: Octoling
P: Porky(although Paper Mario was close)
Q: Qbby
R: Ribbon Girl
S: Slippy Toad(Samurai Goroh was close)
T: Toad
U: Urobosa(not many U's)
V: Vaati
W: Waluigi
X: Xander(again not many X's)
Y: Yuga
Z: Zoroark (almost went for Zant but way too many Zelda newcomers)

What are yours?

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Wow. They're taking hand-holding to a whole new level now.

Really hope stuff like this doesn't bleed into Gen VIII. Its concerning, because the hand-holding in Gen VI was annoying, and it got much worse in Gen VII, so I'm unsure.
If the "Gen VIII will be for long time fans" thing is true/accurate, then I'm leaning on the side of "It won't be hand-holdy".

Of course, that's just me hoping. :laugh:

Last edited:

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Eeeeeeh, I dunno

When you compare his model to most others it makes him stick out like a sore thumb...especially when it comes to the perspective of maintaining constant quality

That’s just my opinion tho
I don't think it sticks out like a sore thumb, I just think it needs some improvements. Like I said, the character trailers show several model glitches like Rosalina's legs clipping through her dress and Lemmy's face disappearing. It seems that Young Link's hair hasn't been divided yet, and it's all just one peice, unlike Link or Snake's hair. I do agree though, upon seeing the game for the first time, that Wolf needs significant improvements. His hair is really awful in some screenshots and his model is overall very jagged with JPEG textures.

This game has another 5 months to go.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
View attachment 154211

A-Z of newcomers. We're in a parallel universe where 26 newcomer is feasible, but you can only have one of each letter. Who you pick?

What are yours?
A: Ashley
B: Bandana Waddle Dee
C: Chrom
F: Fiora (let me dream pls)
G: uhhhhhhHHHHH i got nothin here sorry
H: Heihachi I guess
I: Isaac or Impa
J: ????
K: K. Rool
L: Lip
M: Marshal (from Rhythm Heaven Fever)
N: Neku Sakuraba (TWEWY)
O: ??????
P: Paper Mario
Q: ?????
R: Rex and Pyra
S: Simon Belmont
T: Twintelle
U: ?????
V: uhhhhhh Vaati?
W: ?????
X: X (Mega Man)
Y: Yuri Lowell
Z: Zoda (F-Zero)

I don't think it sticks out like a sore thumb, I just think it needs some improvements. Like I said, the character trailers show several model glitches like Rosalina's legs clipping through her dress and Lemmy's face disappearing. It seems that Young Link's hair hasn't been divided yet, and it's all just one peice, unlike Link or Snake's hair. I do agree though, upon seeing the game for the first time, that Wolf needs significant improvements. His hair is really awful in some screenshots and his model is overall very jagged with JPEG textures.

This game has another 5 months to go.
Well yeah, they could hopefully improve things within 5 months.

If anything I hope they also fix Zero Suit Samus’s Uncanny Valley face, those eyes and lips dude :eek:

Last edited:

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Yes, each gym in Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee will have requirements to enter, the requirement for the first gym (which is rock type) is you must have a grass or water Pokemon to enter. You literally can't fail unless you deliberately try.
OK, Infinite TMs, thank you.
Riding Pokemon to replace HMs? Amazing.
Super Training/Hyper Training for easier EVs/IVs? Epic.
Giving a Lapras IMMEDIATELY after getting Surf, and a free Latios/Latas? Sure, but I mean-
Having to have a type advantage as mandatory to enter gyms- NO MASUDA NO

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Whats that one "What The Crap" character you want in smash? For me, It's Don-Chan. never played a Taiko Drum master game, but it looks really fun. Imagine if Every Time he hit someone, the Drum sound effect from the game played? And for him smash attacks he played those baloons?

RandomAce

Smash Champion
I don't actually mind tutorials, the endless Pokémon tutorials just wore me down over 20 years.

Red/Blue - Damn it, Old Man, I already have some Pokémon!
Ruby/Sapphire - Damn it, Wally, I already have some Pokémon!
Heart Gold/Soul Silver - Ethan/Lyra, I already know how to catch- Okay, you're just ignoring me then...
X/Y - Shauna: "You mean you can catch Pokémon!?"; Me: "Sigh..."
Sun/Moon - "Do you know how to catch Pokémon?" "Yes..." "Here, let me show you!" "Uuggh..."

Joking aside, the "You must have this Pokémon type to proceed" thing in the Let's Go gyms is a teeerrible idea.
It wasn’t that bad.

Ultra Moon was my first Pokémon game, and I thought the battles went a smooth paste where they were usually around the same level or even greater than you were, more so Hau, Gladion, the Boss Battles, the elites, etc.

Unless if you’re a Pokémon Master with multiple experiences from previous games, then it would be easy, but it went well for me, and it was definitely better and improved from Gen 6.

From what I first saw in Gen 6, the trainers never had a full roster of 6 Pokémon, some of the later ones only had FOUR. Not to mention that the levels of their Pokémon are usual below of what most people usually had with the champion only having Pokémon with levels at the low 50’s, where in Gen 7 the Elite Four and Champion was at the mid 60’s.

Gen 7 definitely improved the difficulty from the last game, as a matter of fact it improved a lot of things from the previous generation, like the diverse amount of new Pokémon that pass that of Gen 6. Although the game was a little shorter than I anticipated, the available collectibles and more Pokémon to catch, the battle tree that allows me to battle trainers from past games, and battling players online always was a fun experience in my opinion and gave me a good first impression for the Pokémon series.

Sorry for the tangent but I really liked Gen 7 and it was definitely worth my 40 bucks, so that’s mostly why I support a Gen 7 Pokémon, plus there’s a lot of potential diverse characters to choose from for Smash (and why I want Lycanroc).

Last edited:

Dracyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dracyoshi
X and Y > Sun and Moon imo. Am I biased because X and Y was my original connection with my best friends from high school? Yeah probably. But at least I could bring myself to play Y to completion. Can't say the same about Ultra Moon at the moment rip.
I haven't gotten past Island 2 of Ultra Sun... I think the Endless Melemele Tutorials killed my enthusiasm.

Seriously, Game Freak, it's fine having tutorials, but please, make them optional! For the sake of the Pokémon Veterans!
Hate to say it, but I think I agree. I completed X & Y, but I can't say that it left a good impression. Kalos was a boring region that didn't hook me in at all, it's by far the easiest game in the series even with EXP Share disabled, and they went back to putting zero effort into the storyline. The novelty of Pokemon in 3D is definitely what kept me playing, but the single player was weak. At least online play was good. Sun & Moon should've been better in every way! Alola being an entirely new and unique region, a little more focus on the story, the removal of HMs and a slight boost in difficulty... but the constant barrage of tutorials and interruptions absolutely ruined it for me. I lost all enthusiasm and stopped playing by the third island. Not to mention that the Festival Plaza was horrible.

If Gen 8 isn't a substantial improvement then I can't see myself continuing to buy Pokemon games... They're getting easier and more heavy on the handholding with every title.
Let's Go! already seems like the epitome of everything that I hate about the modern Pokemon titles. But it's clearly not targeted towards me, so I'll give it a pass and wait and see what Gen 8 does.
Anyway, ranting aside...

Destroyed Baby Bowser's Castle.png

I'd love to see this as a stage in Smash. It could play out just like the final battle in Yoshi's Island, with Baby Bowser shooting the occasional fireball and smashing the terrain with rocks to reduce the amount of playable space. Kamek would occasionally fly by to restore the stage.

But that's not all!
BC Room Interior.png

Excuse the extremely rushed pixel art...
It could start inside Baby Bowser's playroom, much like the original game, with a more traditional stage layout. Baby Bowser would be watching the battle from the background, and all of the fighters would be scaled down to the size of a toy and fight on top of some of his toy blocks as pictured. Around 2 minutes in, he'd become impatient and demand that Kamek transform him into his giant form which triggers the final battle sequence just like the original games.

Hazardless would remove Kamek, stopping him from transforming Bowser and leaving it in the playroom form.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
So here's a question.

You need to divide the roster into teams of three.

How do you do it?
This is going to be fun:

:ultmario::ultlink::ultpokemontrainer: - Big Hero 3
:ultluigi::ultyoshi::ultdiddy: - Second Banana Slamma'
:ultyounglink::ulttoonlink::ultzelda: - Tangled Timeline
:ultdk::ultpacman::ultgnw: - Classic Connection
:ultbowser::ultkingdedede::ultbowserjr: - Dastardly Duo
:ultganondorf::ultridley::ultmewtwo: - Terrible Triumvirate
:ultinkling::ultlittlemac::ultwiifittrainer: - Nintendo Sports Team
:ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultpichu: - Gal Pals
:ultsonic::ultmegaman::ultcloud: - Team Another World
:ultkirby::ultness::ultlucas: - HAL Buddies
:ultmarth::ultroy::ultcorrin: - Dragon Prince Alliance
:ultfox::ultfalco::ultrob: - Team Star Fox
:ultsamus::ultfalcon::ultolimar: - Space Hunters
:ultsheik::ultsnake::ultgreninja: - Shrouded in Shadow
:ultryu::ultlucario::ultike: - Warrior's Way
:ultpalutena::ultrosalina::ultpit: - Forces of Light
:ultbayonetta::ultjigglypuff::ultpikachu: - Bayonetta & Entourage
:ultmetaknight::ultwolf::ultdarkpit: - Hidden Motives
:ultrobin:ultlucina::ultshulk: - We Challenge our Fate!
:ultwario::ultvillager::ulticeclimbers::ultduckhunt: - Warioware Inc.'s Back in Business!

And yes, I cheated on that last one because I'm not gonna bother with the Miis or a second version of Mario and Samus and the numbers are off as a result. Plus the last one works better with more than three people.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
View attachment 154214

What are yours?
A-Z Roster.png

A - Ashley
B - Banjo (& Kazooie)
C - Chibi-Robo
D - Donkey Kong Jr. (Donkey Kong Semi-Clone)
E - Elma
F - Fossil Fighter
G - Geno
H - Hector
I - Isaac
J - Joker
K - King K. Rool
L - Leon Kennedy
M - Marshal
N - Ninten
O - Octoling (Inkling Echo)
P - Paper Mario
Q - Q.bby
R - Ray
S - Sora
T - Travis
U - Urban Champion
V - Viridi (Palutena Echo)
W - (Bandana) Waddle Dee
X - Xion (Sora Echo)
Y - Yuri Lowell (Yuri Kozukata is a runner up)
Z - Zero

Last edited:

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
View attachment 154214

What are yours?
A - Ashley
B - Bandana Waddle Dee OR Boshi
C - Captain Toad
D - Dexidueye
E - Elma
F - Fawful
G - Geno
H - Hoenn Pokemon Trainer (Mudkip, Grovyle, Blaziken)
I - Isaac
J - Joker
K - Knack
L - Leon Kennedy OR Lyn
M - Marx
N - Ninten
O - Octolings
P - Professor Layton
Q - Quick Man
R - Revali
S - Skull Kid
T - Tharja
U - Urbosa
V - Viridi
W - Waluigi
X - Xenomorph (Alien Isolation 3rd party let's goooooo)
Y - Yooka/Laylee
Z - Zero

KMDP

Smash Legend
It wasn’t that bad.

Ultra Moon was my first Pokémon game, and I thought the battles went a smooth paste where they were usually around the same level or even greater than you were, more so Hau, Gladion, the Boss Battles, the elites, etc.

Unless if you’re a Pokémon Master with multiple experiences from previous games, then it would be easy, but it went well for me, and it was definitely better and improved from Gen 6.

From what I first saw in Gen 6, the trainers never had a full roster of 6 Pokémon, some of the later ones only had FOUR. Not to mention that the levels of their Pokémon are usual below of what most people usually had with the champion only having Pokémon with levels at the low 50’s, where in Gen 7 the Elite Four and Champion was at the mid 60’s.

Gen 7 definitely improved the difficulty from the last game, as a matter of fact it improved a lot of things from the previous generation, like the diverse amount of new Pokémon that pass that of Gen 6. Although the game was a little shorter than I anticipated, the available collectibles and more Pokémon to catch, the battle tree that allows me to battle trainers from past games, and battling players online always was a fun experience in my opinion and gave me a good first impression for the Pokémon series.

Sorry for the tangent but I really liked Gen 7 and it was definitely worth my 40 bucks, so that’s mostly why I support a Gen 7 Pokémon, plus there’s a lot of potential diverse characters to choose from for Smash (and why I want Lycanroc).
I liked Sun, and Gen 7 definitely upped the difficulty and variety from X/Y. Ultra Sun just didn't do enough different in the first and second Island to keep me interested.
I think it is that I'm a Bonafide Pokémon Master who's played over 20 Pokémon games over 20 years; I know how to play the game, and the games assuming you don't begins to grate on one's nerves after a while. (We're not all dunces like Ash Ketchum!)
  1. Red, twice (I accidentally erased my save file to trade starters to my sister, I was so distraught she had to play the first half for me. XD)
  2. Yellow
  3. Gold
  4. Crystal
  5. Ruby
  6. Colosseum
  7. Fire Red
  8. XD
  9. Emerald
  10. Sapphire
  11. Pearl
  12. Platinum
  13. Heart Gold
  14. White
  15. Black
  16. White 2 [Completed Pokédex]
  17. Black 2
  18. Y
  19. X
  20. Omega Ruby
  21. Alpha Sapphire (Unfinished)
  22. Sun
  23. Ultra Sun (Unfinished)

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I wouldn't say USUM are the worst Pokémon games, but I will say they did feel the most redundant relative to the time they were released. Being third versions that came out a year later and didn't really don't do much to differentiate themselves from the originals until 2/3 of the way through really hurt their appeal to me. I still love SM, but USUM is one of the Pokémon games that I found to be completely underwhelming.

I don't actually mind tutorials, the endless Pokémon tutorials just wore me down over 20 years.

Red/Blue - Damn it, Old Man, I already have some Pokémon!
Ruby/Sapphire - Damn it, Wally, I already have some Pokémon!
Heart Gold/Soul Silver - Ethan/Lyra, I already know how to catch- Okay, you're just ignoring me then...
X/Y - Shauna: "You mean you can catch Pokémon!?"; Me: "Sigh..."
Sun/Moon - "Do you know how to catch Pokémon?" "Yes..." "Here, let me show you!" "Uuggh..."

Joking aside, the "You must have this Pokémon type to proceed" thing in the Let's Go gyms is a teeerrible idea.
What's strange about it is that it's not like GF doesn't know how to add an option to skip the tutorial. B2W2 for instance allowed you to skip certain tutorials if you said no, so they do understand that some players do want to get on their way, but for whatever reason they just don't include it. What makes it even worse is that it's known that Pokémon fans aren't all children and newcomers and they even shifted their marketing to appeal to that crowd, yet it still hasn't curbed their early game slog in any way (if anything, it's gotten worse).

Edit: Anyway, in terms of stages, I'd love to see Sylvalum from XCX in the game. I know Primodia is the most suggested option, but Sylvalum is one of the most unique locations in the game and would be perfect for a stage.

Last edited:

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
View attachment 154214

What are yours?
here's mine:
Empty Roster.png

ned_ballad

Smash Apprentice
"Leak" production kicked up and I've got enough for a whole two sessions (wow).
King K. Rool: playable
Dixie Kong: Diddy echo but holds small items with her hair

Funky Kong: regular trophy
Ashley: AT again
Bandanna Dee: playable
Marx: absent
Isabelle: 4 Villager alt costumes (this was hinted at in the E3 trailer); Digby also gets 4
Dark Samus:now a true Samus alt (as in Dark Samus is the announced & displayed name); Meta Ridley is given the same treatment
Decidueye: appears with Rowlet (a new last-minute addition) during its Final Smash
Incineroar: released from Pokeballs
Mimikyu: released from Pokeballs
Lycanroc: regular trophy
Geno: Costume again
Octoling: 8 Inkling alts
Captain Toad: background appearance in a new stage (sometimes joined by Captain Toadette)
Shadow: Sonic echo but teleports with Chaos Control when dodging/rolling.
Tails: AT you can grab onto & fly around with
Simon Belmont: playable
Impa: regular trophy
Skull Kid: playable
Champions: regular trophies
Elma: regular trophy
Rex & Pyra: playable
Isaac: AT again
Porky: regular trophy
Black Shadow: absent
Medusa: regular trophy
Louie: regular trophy
Chorus Men: regular trophy
Karate Joe: regular trophy
Wonder Red: playable
Mach Rider: regular trophy
Excitebiker: AT again
Lip: absent
Heihaci: Costume again
Lloyd: Costume again
Shovel Knight: AT in sprite form that digs to bury others
Shantae: regular trophy
Quote: absent
Reimu: Mii Swordfighter Costume, along with other Touhou characters

An okay roster. Lloyd as a costume would be disappointing, but not the end of the world.
Got a list of newcomers and some miscellaneous info from a friend who works on modeling.

Belmont
Mimikkyu
Geno
King Krool
Elma
Ren

Quick google search says Elma is a Xenoblade character so idk why not go with Rex, maybe it's a promotion thing. Dunno who "Ren" is, they didn't specify any other name and nothing Nintendo related is coming up.

Alucard from Symphony of the Night is Simon's Assist trophy. Snake's is apparently cyborg Raiden now, they actually started modeling Grey Fox but Konami requested they reskin it with cyborg Raiden.

Source knows a Shadow model being worked on but they didn't say what it was for. They're also working on an Assist trophy requested by one of the guest composers. Guy apparently seems like a big deal so it's probably another guest Assist trophy. Saw pictures of a buff anime dude with weird hair being passed around the work space, claims "that's him".

I have no clue who the **** Ren is. *Googles*
Ren Amamiya...which is the canon name for Joker in Persona 5? (Just started playing it yesterday so I googled the canon name to use).

It's got the characters I want, therefore it has to be true.

Goku (buff anime dude with weird hair) as an assist trophy? That'd be pretty cool too.
>Mimikkyu
>Elma
>Shizue (Dash fighter) (Isabelle)
>Chrom (Dash fighter)
>K Rool
>Belmondo
>Geno
>Ninten (Dash Fighter)
>Dark Samus (Dash Fighter)
>Shadow (Dash Fighter)
>Tapper
>Reimu

I have no clue who Tapper is. Google yielded a 1983 arcade game, but it wasn't made by Nintendo nor did it prominently appear on any Nintendo systems, so that makes no sense. Otherwise the roster is safe bar Reimu.
I have Leaked info on the competitors
quiK (Albion 3 Winner Smash 4 Pro)
G-P (Smash 4 Community Leader and TO)
Alex From Nintendo Life (Youtuber)
Rabbidluigi (Youtuber)
Nicola Adams (Olympic Athlete)
Lost Voice Guy (Britains Got Talent Finalist)
Asa Butterfield (Actor)
J. Miller (Smash 4 and Mario Tennis Pro)

Doesn't have anything to do with characters, but a UK Invitational would be pretty exciting.
Nintendo Direct August 3rd 2018
>Bayonetta 3 reveal trailer. Bayonetta has long, loose hair after being 'killed' by human witch hunters.
>Sonic Adventure remakes, exclusive mushroom kingdom stage for Switch. Sonic amiibo line coming
>Shovel Knight King of Cards trailer. Release date October 2nd.
>Fzero: Mach Justice reveal trailer. Features both high speed chases and bounty hunting action sequences. Limited Edition includes an XL amiibo of the Blue Falcon
>Super Mario party overview trailer. Pikachu and Eevee promotional characters as well as a pokemon board.
>Fire Emblem Three Houses story trailer. A single kingdom is going through civil war, player can decide which group to support.
>Metroid Prime 3 'vidoc' discussing aims and vision for the game. Concepts shown as well as some early stages of development
>Smash Bros Ultimate trailer features Ganondorf and Bowser cornering young link before being saved by Guts. Tagline is "Guts goes berserk". Gameplay includes rapid fire arrows, arm cannon grab,ranged light explosives, and fast heavy attacks. Once damage taken is critical, Berserk armor activates, giving the player more defense and offensive damage.

What was that about an August 3rd Nintendo Direct? Guts would definitely be an out of left field pick, so props for that.
TAKE THIS ALL WITH A GRAIN OF SALT. MY SOURCE COULD VERY WELL BE LYING. WITH THAT OUT OF THE WAY, LET'S GET INTO IT.

There will be 8 new characters. 5 first parties with completely unique movesets, 2 more echo characters making the echo count 5, and 1 third party newcomer. These newcomers were thought about but later rejected but could very well be DLC: Gen 7 Pokemon, Chibi Robo, Dixie Kong, Isaac, Isabelle, and any Fire Emblem characters. Let's get into the newcomers

King K. Rool. Due to outrageous amounts of fan support and the fact that Donkey Kong had very few reps, Sakurai's inclusion of a K. Rool mii costume was only a hint that K. Rool would gain a spot in ultimate. His moveset will be made up from his gimics as different roles in his previous donkey Kong games.

Elma. Xenoblade Chronicles X released on Wii U, and thanks to it's well received sales, Sakurai thought it would be necessary to include another wanted Xenoblade rep in the form of Elma. The final smash will be Elma and her mech unleashing complete chaos on the battlefield.

Bandana Dee. The requested Kirby rep had been on Sakurai's radar since brawl, and Sakurai finally chose to add him to represent the Waddle Dee's as a whole, as well as to represent the 4th Kirby character in smash. He will be a spear wielder.

Chorus Kids- Despite having rejection in Smash 4, Sakurai gave the Chorus Kids another go and gave them a moveset that would be difficult to learn yet unique and fun. It will be all three Chorus Kids singing their hearts out on the battlefield, representing Rhythm Heaven as a franchise.

Labo-Man. Labo Man will act as the WTF character this time around, and represent the Nintendo Labo. His moveset revolves around him using a joycon as his main weapon. What's cool is that you can change the color of the joy con with the different skins.

The two echo fighters are Impa (being a Sheik clone) and Black Shadow (being a Falcon clone) Third party is Simon Belmont bc Konami and Nintendo are close

Labo? In my Smash Bros? It's not likely at all.
Points for trying though.
I've got some info on the New Smash Bros. game, but I don't really have much to say.
According to my source:

Simon is in the game
However, my source doesnt know if he's playable or an assist trophy.

Ashley is in the game, but is in the same situation as Simon.

Isaac is back, but as an assist trophy, it could be possible that all the cut assists are returning.

I dont know anything about other newcomers, so no info on wanted characters like K. Rool or Waddle dee.

They're adding more alolan pokemon to the pokeball item including the ultra beasts, one of them is xurkitree. Another weird one is called silvally.

I dont know anything about stages, but the stage builder will be back.

As for single player, there's a possibility that a new mode is coming, possibily a type of adventure mode.

Tournament mode is returning.

I don't know if my source can get more info, it's going to be difficult considering the how well they're keeping the game's development very well hidden.

Vague and doesn't really say anything, but is believable because of that.
Alrighty everyone, here's a leak that I've heard floating around. I don't know all of the info, but these are some of the big things to expect.

-On August 9th, Nintendo will hold a 30-40 minute direct.
- Nintendo is partnering with Funko to release Mario, The Legend of Zelda, and Pokemon themed Pops.
- There will be a bit of info on Yo-Kai Blasters for the 3DS.
- Luigi's Mansion 3D will get a release date of October 22th.
- The 3DS section of the direct will end with the release date of Bowser's Inside Story, which is slated for February 18th.
- One of the highlights of the Switch section will be for Splatoon 2. This will showcase the 4.0 update of the game. This update will include:
- 2 New hairstyles for each Octoling gender
- 1 New hairstyle for each Inkling gender
- 50+ new gear
- 2 Stages from the first Splatoon are returning: Flounder Heights and Museum D'alfonsino. Along these returning stages is a brand new stage that seems a bit like Moray Towers.

- There will be an announcement of paid DLC for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. There will be 2 new cups: Cap Cup and Boomerang Cup. Cap Cup will be based off of Mario Odyssey. The tracks are based off of the kingdoms in the game. 2 of the tracks are shown for this cup: New Donk City and the Snowline Circuit. Likewise, only 2 tracks are shown for the Boomerang Cup: Waluigi Pinball and DK Jungle Parkway. Only 3 new characters are shown, being Cappy (both in his Cap Kingdom design and Mario Hat design), Pauline, and Magikoopa. The release date is shown only as "Coming this fall."

-The direct will finish with a trailer for Smash Ultimate. This trailer will show King K. Rool and Dixie Kong.

STOP. REPEATING. THE. ****ING. JULY. 22ND. LEAK.

THANK YOU.
I have compiled all this information from an unnamed source.

There are to be 3 previously unnannounced fighters, Geno, King K. Rool and Isaac from Golden Sun. Dark Samus, Dixie Kong, Isabelle and Chrom will appear as Echo Fighters.

There are 4 new stages including Great Plateau Tower and Moray Towers. The remaining 2 are a stage based on New Donk City from Super Mario Odyssey and a stage based on Weyard from Golden Sun.

Custom moves return, custom equipment does not.

In Classic, you will be fighting a random assortment of fighters. After defeating Master Hand and Crazy Hand on higher difficulties, you will fight a new boss called "Master Wonder". Each character has a 'comic book-esque' opening and ending cutscene for Classic explaining why they have gone on an adventure and what they had acheived from the adventure. These cutscenes have a tone similar to that of the character's series. All-Star has you fighting all unlocked characters on your roster in order of when they appeared in the Smash series.

A new mode called Smash Quest allows you to unlock the remaining 63 characters. This mode features platforming levels inspired by the characters you are unlocking. These levels have aesthetics, enemies and some even have bosses from the characters respective series. When you beat these levels, you will be challenged by the respective character. When you beat that character, you will unlock them and a hard mode of the platforming level. Although you will only be able to unlock an additional 8 characters when you start playing, the more characters you unlock, the more that will become available to challenge in Smash Quest. This is the only way to unlock characters. The other modes will allow you to unlock the unlockable stages, trophies, ect.

There is a new smash mode where you and/or a friend can play as Master Hand and Crazy Hand against the cpu(s) or other local players.

K. Rool -> Geno -> Isaac, just as we discussed.
Believe this or don't. You'll ultimately see as we get closer to Smash Ultimate's release. For those who are interested in knowing some details about Smash Bros Ultimate, here are some details I've learned from my sources at Nintendo, Bandai Namco and at a few other companies closely associated with Smash Bros and the Smash Ballot.

- As many have figured, the Smash Ballot was indeed used to plan Smash Bros Ultimate. However, the entire concept of the game is using the ballot as a center point. Sakurai is making newly relevant characters a very low priority, so don't expect characters like Decidueye, Spring Man, Rex and Pyra or Edelgard in the base roster, but they may very well be DLC. DLC is not fully decided quite yet. There is one exception to this exclusion of new characters, however. Currently relevant things will appear as things like costumes, music or an occasional stage or Assist Trophy.

- Sakurai originally planned for 12 completely new characters and 2 echo fighters, expecting it to be managable to match the increase from the original to Melee. Legal and business reasons however, meant he had to scrap 2 of these new characters. He is expecting to be done with these new characters by the end of July and will then begin creating as many additional echo fighters as he can before the game goes gold in about 2 months. He is considering newer or more relevant characters like the Octolings, Celica and Alm for these echo characters. Last I heard, expecting to be able to manage including 3-4 additional echo fighters into the roster to compensate for the two cut characters. Due to ratings concerns, Sakurai is not considering characters from M/D rated or more mature T/C rated games as these last minute echo fighters.

- Several 3rd party characters were a struggle to get the rights to use. One of these was Bomberman, who was cut and made an Assist Trophy instead. Bomberman was fairly popular worldwide in the ballot, but Sakurai and Konami couldn't come to an agreement on how to represent Bomberman in Smash Bros with a reasonable moveset and abilities. Sakurai spent several months making changes to Bomberman and trying to figure out a way to make him work and satisfy Konami, but Konami was never satisfied. Sakurai eventually decided to abandon a playable Bomberman after falling months behind schedule, instead submitting a concept for an Assist Trophy that Konami approved without many changes required.

- The other cut character was Krystal who hadn't gotten far into development and was one of the less requested characters from the ballot, so was not a good choice for DLC. Due to being behind schedule, Sakurai chose to scrap her and make her an assist trophy as well, so she'd be included in some way at least.

- The two planned echo fighters were Daisy and Shadow who both had a notable presence in the ballot, but weren't that high, not making the top 10 worldwide (excluding veterans). Sakurai saw the opportunity to base these two on existing characters and thought he'd throw these fanbases a bone. Shadow may end up being a semi-clone due to some requirements from Sega that may make him a little too different for Sakurai to feel comfortable calling him an echo fighter.

- Veterans did very well in the ballot and that fact led to Sakurai deciding to bring every past character back assuming he could secure the rights to certain uncertain characters like Snake.

- Ridley was one of the most popular characters in the ballot and Sakurai decided this time he would figure out how to make Ridley work to give the fans what they wanted.

- Inkling actually did decently in the ballot despite the Mii costumes, which surprised Sakurai a little and secured them a place.

- K Rool was another very popular character worldwide, though less so in Japan than other regions. K Rool is going to be an all new character taking inspiration from many of his appearances and classic boss battles.

- Dixie Kong also did pretty well, but was not a front runner. She will be a semi-clone of Diddy Kong in much the same way as Luigi is to Mario.

- Isaac was much, much more popular than Sakurai expected, especially in Europe, but not on par with Ridley or K Rool. This surprise popularity led to Sakurai making him high priority alongside K. Rool, Ridley and Inkling.

- Ashley was very popular in Japan and fairly popular elsewhere and has been chosen to appeal to Japanese players.

- Kos-Mos had a dedicated, but quiet fanbase voting which coincided with Monolithsoft and Bandai Namco both wanting to see her be included in Smash Bros and cameo in Xenoblade 2. Sakurai saw a great deal of potential in her moveset and it was a perfect storm despite her being a little less popular than several other characters who didn't make the project plan.

- Geno has been considered often by Sakurai and also performed very well in the ballot. Sakurai made a point to figure out how to satisfy Square Enix and they were more reasonable than Konami.

- Shovel Knight was relatively popular for what he is. Initially, Sakurai was leaning against including him, but ultimately decided to talk with Yacht Club games and came around to the idea. Yacht Club games reportedly offered to help Nintendo and Sakurai in any way they could with Shovel Knight.

- Chibi-Robo saw a shocking spike in the final days of the ballot after Nintendo's grim comments about how Zip Lash needed to sell well. Sakurai had to twist a few arms at Nintendo, but Chibi-Robo will be in this Smash Bros at least and Nintendo are reportedly planning to rerelease the original Chibi-Robo digitally next year to gauge the franchise's popularity one last time. The picture of the flaming Chibi-Robo seems to be something Kensuke Tanabe is using to remind his team of the passion the fans have for Chibi-Robo.

- Bandana Waddle Dee was another surprise for Sakurai. Initially, Sakurai considered dismissing him due to having trouble thinking of a moveset, but spent a couple days brainstorming with Hal Laboratory. Bandana Waddle Dee's moveset in Star Allies is based on some of these brainstorming sessions. Sakurai was hesitant though and decided he wouldn't quite fit this time.

- Paper Mario also did relatively well in the ballot in America, but Sakurai ultimately decided to include the more popular Geno who would have a more straightforward and unique moveset in his eyes. Sakurai instead planned to bring back the stage and look into including some Paper Mario Assist Trophies.

- Belmont, a character including various Belmonts as alternates, was briefly considered early on, but Bomberman was far more popular and iconic and was chosen instead. Sakurai expected difficulty from Konami and didn't want to negotiate 3 characters.

- Fiora had a small following, so she was added to Shulk's final smash.

- Proto Man and Bass also had a small presence, so Sakurai chose to include them in Mega Man's final smash.

- Paula, Poo, Kumatora and Boney all had some minor presence in the ballot, so were included in Ness's and Lucas's final smashes.

- From what I've heard, Waluigi seems to be Sakurai's favorite Mario character and the one he identifies with most, but he doesn't want to be the one to add him because he is afraid he is too biased. I've heard the recent and hateful Waluigi backlash left him with very mixed emotions.

- Many western fans also expressed requests outside of their chosen character. It took a long time, but Sakurai had a team group and list some of the frequently recurring requests like directional air-dodges, stage hazard toggles, a better Menu UI and a faster game pace.

- Sakurai isn't sure he wants to have another worldwide ballot, although he values what he has learned about the west's desires.

- Bayonetta did not actually win the ballot or do particularly well in any region. Nintendo and Platinum Games wanted her to be added and the fanservice characters to be saved for the Switch game.

Say it with me:
BEING DETAILED DOESN'T MAKE YOUR LEAK ANY LESS BULL****.

"Bandana Dee. The requested Kirby rep had been on Sakurai's radar since brawl, and Sakurai finally chose to add him to represent the Waddle Dee's as a whole, as well as to represent the 4th Kirby character in smash. He will be a spear wielder."

What??? Bandana Dee was a nothing NPC until Return to Dreamland, which released after Brawl ???

"- Bandana Waddle Dee was another surprise for Sakurai. Initially, Sakurai considered dismissing him due to having trouble thinking of a moveset, but spent a couple days brainstorming with Hal Laboratory. Bandana Waddle Dee's moveset in Star Allies is based on some of these brainstorming sessions. Sakurai was hesitant though and decided he wouldn't quite fit this time."

Bandana Dee's moveset in Star Allies is basically identical to how it was in Return to Dreamland...

If people are going to include characters in fakes, they should at least do some research...

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'd just like to remind people that if you want a hard mode in Gen 6/7 all you have to do is turn of the Exp.Share. Especially in Gen 7 it gives the game an absolutely ridiculous difficulty curve where you really have to take advantage of your pokemon's strengths and weaknesses to overcome your overleveled opponents. It's still an issue that the game doesn't indicate that the Exp.Share is supposed to act a normal/hard mode toggle, but the game can still be a really fun challenge for veterans such as myself.

Also cutscenes =/= tutorial. S/M do have an annoying tutorial problem, but a ton of cutscenes are just there to drive the story forward. The issue is that they're unskippable for second playthroughs and that game areas tend to be very small with little room to explore. Hopefully Gen 8 will upon up the game world a bit more, even if the extra exploring is all optional so that those impatient casual players Masuda is so worried about can skip over all that (although I'm not really counting on it, I can still hope).

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Saw people were listing wanted stages, made my own lie, forgot to post it...

Here’s my own personal list of stages which basically also reflects who I want to see included and franchises I want to see added:

Bowser’s Castle (Mario)
Dr. Mario (Mario)
Rose Town (Super Mario RPG)
Gangplank Galleon (DK)
Phendrana Drifts (Metroid)
Dark Hyrule (ALttP) Zelda
Aether Paradise (Pokemon)
Hoenn Skies (Pokemon)
Katina (StarFox)
Reef Resort (Kirby Star Allies)
Saturn Valley (Mother)
Diamond City (Wario)
Plains of Hoshido (Fire Emblem)
Gyromite (ROB)
Chemical Plant Zone (Sonic)
Interior Designer (Animal Crossing)
Tilt City (Wii Fit Plus)
Noatun (Bayonetta 2)
Venus Lighthouse (Golden Sun)
Spring Stadium (ARMs)
Neo Los Angelos (XBCX)
Mors Ardain (XBX2)
Snipperclips (Snipperclips)
Labo City (Nintendo Labo)
Reo Grande (Dillon’s Rolling Western)
Namco Classics (Namco)
Earth 2112 (Mach Rider)
Spiral Mountain (Banjo-Kazooie)
Dracula’s Castle (Castlevania)
Tower of Fate (Shovel Knight)

And some personal wants which I highly doubt will get in:

Installation 04 (Halo)
The Pit (Mortal Kombat)
Namek (Dragon Ball Z)
Winterun (Elder Scrolls Skyrim)
Los Santas (GTAV)
Farmstead (Harvest Moon)

Pakky

Smash Hero

Found this fake rumor.

How in the world would Ribbon Girl be a costume for Springman?

I mean, one could do a little research before making these things.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I posted this in the Ashley thread, but I feel its important for all Smash Bros. speculators to read:

It is still possible we get a Nintendo Direct either this week or next week. I think the topic of such a Direct would probably be just about Nintendo 3DS software. The Nintendo 3DS was not featured at all in the E3 2018 Direct, and yet Nintendo has stated they plan to support the console through 2019. There is also the fact that the last two games that have set release dates in Japan (WarioWare Gold and Etrian Odyssey X) both release next week. After that Nintendo just has a nebulous "2018" release for Luigi's Mansion, and a "2019" release for the Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story remake.

Kimishima has confirmed that they still have games that they plan to release in 2018 that they still have announced yet.

It would make sense to have a Nintendo Direct either this week or next week, so that:
1. They can give a last minute push and spotlight to WarioWare Gold (and Etrian Odyssey X in Japan).
2. Give some spotlight to Yokai Watch Busters (which releases on September 7th in North America and Europe).
3. Show off new details about Luigi's Mansion and possibly Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story.
4. Show off any unannounced Nintendo 3DS titles, especially ones that they plan to release in 2018 or Q1 2019.
5. Possibly throw in a newcomer unveil trailer for Ultimate.

This is all conjecture. They can easily avoid not giving any more spotlight to WarioWare Gold, and even put off doing a 3DS focused Nintendo Direct entirely, and instead put any unannounced 3DS titles into the likely September Nintendo Direct (in recent years there has been a Nintendo Direct in September that gave focus to titles releasing in Q4 of that year). Also, the last time there was a Nintendo Direct dedicated only to Nintendo 3DS software was September 2016, nearly two years ago.

What is riding on a Nintendo Direct happening either this week or next week is not just the probability of an Ashley confirmation, but also just how many newcomers there will be in Ultimate. We are only 4.5 months away from release, and there have only been three newcomers confirmed for Ultimate (one of which was a echo fighter, the cloney-iest of clones). Sakurai has said not to "expect too many new fighters", and most serious speculators only expect ten non-echo newcomers at most and five more non-echo newcomers at least. If they are going to wait until September to start confirming one newcomer per month, or until the likely Smash Bros. Direct in November, there could very well be only five more non-echo newcomers at most, and most likely only two or three more.

I am personally neutral on Ashley as a character. However, much like other Smash Bros. fans, I would like to see some new information on Ultimate considering it has been over six weeks since we learned anything new (granted the Ultimate unveil by far gave us more information than any other unveil ever for a Smash Bros. title). Typically, newcomer confirmations have been spaced out, especially so during a title's last few months prior to release.

During the last five months of Brawl's release, Ike, Diddy Kong, Pokemon Trainer, Lucas, Sonic, King Dedede, and Olimar were confirmed. During the last four months for Smash 4, Palutena, Mii Fighters, Pac-Man, Lucina, Robin, and Shulk were confirmed. It is important to note that three of those listed for Smash 4 were confirmed during E3, and both Robin and Lucina shared a trailer (and Lucina is an echo fighter).

For Ultimate's E3, there was the same amount of newcomers confirmed as the Fire Emblem Smash 4 trailer, a newcomer and an echo newcomer. This would leave only the Smash Bros. Direct before Ultimate's release as the sole opportunity to have more than one newcomer confirmation for a direct (aside from some newcomer trailers possibly also confirming an echo newcomer like Robin's did).

Aside from the possible 3DS focused Direct, the only other opportunities for Directs with a newcomer unveil for Ultimate would be the September Direct and the Ultimate focused Direct. There is also a possibility a Pokemon newcomer could be confirmed for a possible Pokemon Let's Go focused Nintendo Direct. Another possibility is that Sakurai announces newcomer unveils via Twitter like he did for the trailer that unveiled Robin and Lucina.

However, each week that goes by without any new information learned, the probability of there being only two or three more non-echo newcomers left increases, since it will become increasingly likely the plan will be not to space out newcomer confirmations, but rather to save them all for an Ultimate focused Nintendo Direct that will likely happen some time in November.

So its not just the probability of Ashley that will take a hit after next week without a Nintendo Direct, but also the probability of ALL possible newcomers, especially ones that can not be implemented as echo fighters. Each week without a Nintendo Direct or a newcomer confirmation, the probability of an additional non-echo newcomer slot goes down quite a bit.

We shall see what happens. A few weeks ago, I was optimistic that Ashley was going to be the next newcomer confirmed for Ultimate and that we would likely have a Nintendo Direct either this week or next week. However, now I believe such odds for a Nintendo Direct and newcomer confirmation either this week or next week are only 50/50. The primary impetus for this this change in thought was no new information being revealed for the release date of the Captain Toad ports, not even a character of the day update for Peach (of which Toad is a part of).

It is becoming increasingly apparent that there is so much content from the June 12th unveil that can be posted on the Smash Blog, that we could very well be looking at several months before a new stage, item, Assist Trophy, Pokemon, or newcomer we have not seen on June 12th is confirmed or shown.

One less Nintendo Direct means one less opportunity for a newcomer confirmation. It is important for not just Ashley fans, but fans of all prospective newcomers to keep their fingers crossed for a Nintendo Direct either this week or next week. Hopefully, we will learn who Fighter #66 is by the end of next week.

If not, then who knows when we will learn. It may be all the way in September (when the next Nintendo Direct will likely happen), or Sakurai could be saving all he has left for November for Ultimate's Direct. If that is the case, I suggest for every serious speculator to revise their expectations on not only who to expect but what to expect (very few additional non-echo newcomers). If the character you are hoping for can not easily be made an echo fighter of another currently existing character on the roster, it might be for the best to keep your expectations low after next week.

We shall see. It is definitely still possible that Ashley is a newcomer in Ultimate if nothing happens this week or next week, just as it is still possible for any other character that has not already been de-confirmed. However, the longer it takes for any newcomer confirmations to happen (unless they start doing two per month starting in September), the more likely we will have less than eight more non-echo newcomers in Ultimate. Less than five more also becomes an increasingly likely possibility if nothing happens in August.

I do not care what happens to Ashley in Ultimate, but I still feel this is an important analysis to share.
Any particular reasons why you are so confident on Ashley aside from the nearby release? I am pretty curious about it.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I wouldn't say USUM are the worst Pokémon games, but I will say they did feel the most redundant relative to the time they were released. Being third versions that came out a year later and didn't really don't do much to differentiate themselves from the originals until 2/3 of the way through really hurt their appeal to me. I still love SM, but USUM is one of the Pokémon games that I found to be completely underwhelming.
Yeah, that about sums it up.
Promising cool stuff at the end of the game doesn't change the fact that most of the early game stuff is identical or near-identical to the previous versions'.
I'd just like to remind people that if you want a hard mode in Gen 6/7 all you have to do is turn of the Exp.Share. Especially in Gen 7 it gives the game an absolutely ridiculous difficulty curve where you really have to take advantage of your pokemon's strengths and weaknesses to overcome your overleveled opponents. It's still an issue that the game doesn't indicate that the Exp.Share is supposed to act a normal/hard mode toggle, but the game can still be a really fun challenge for veterans such as myself.

Also cutscenes =/= tutorial. S/M do have an annoying tutorial problem, but a ton of cutscenes are just there to drive the story forward. The issue is that they're unskippable for second playthroughs and that game areas tend to be very small with little room to explore. Hopefully Gen 8 will upon up the game world a bit more, even if the extra exploring is all optional so that those impatient casual players Masuda is so worried about can skip over all that (although I'm not really counting on it, I can still hope).
This is all true.
I actually had an idea a while back, what if Pokémon did the same thing Metal Gear Solid 3 did at the start of it's game. Give the player a question that determines how the early game starts, in MGS3 it's mostly cosmetic.
MGS3's questionnaire
  1. I've never played a Metal Gear game before
  2. I like MGS1!
  3. I like MGS2!
  4. I like MGS3! (exclusive to rereleases)
Pokémon could start with:
  1. This is my first Pokémon game
  2. I've played Pokémon before
  3. I've been playing Pokémon for a long time
  4. I've played this game before
The result of your answer determines how many tutorials you get. You get all of the tutorials if you pick option 1, you get some tutorials if you pick option 2, only major new gameplay elements if you pick option 3, and the game skips all tutorials if you pick option 4. Maybe you could add an option 5 for Speedrunners, which auto-skips cutscenes.

Found this fake rumor.

How in the world would Ribbon girl ben a costume for Springman?

I mean, one could do a little research before making these things.
You don't understand, research takes effort.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Saw people were listing wanted stages, made my own lie, forgot to post it...

Here’s my own personal list of stages which basically also reflects who I want to see included and franchises I want to see added:

Bowser’s Castle (Mario)
Dr. Mario (Mario)
Rose Town (Super Mario RPG)
Gangplank Galleon (DK)
Phendrana Drifts (Metroid)
Dark Hyrule (ALttP) Zelda
Aether Paradise (Pokemon)
Hoenn Skies (Pokemon)
Katina (StarFox)
Reef Resort (Kirby Star Allies)
Saturn Valley (Mother)
Diamond City (Wario)
Plains of Hoshido (Fire Emblem)
Gyromite (ROB)
Chemical Plant Zone (Sonic)
Interior Designer (Animal Crossing)
Tilt City (Wii Fit Plus)
Noatun (Bayonetta 2)
Venus Lighthouse (Golden Sun)
Spring Stadium (ARMs)
Neo Los Angelos (XBCX)
Mors Ardain (XBX2)
Snipperclips (Snipperclips)
Labo City (Nintendo Labo)
Reo Grande (Dillon’s Rolling Western)
Namco Classics (Namco)
Earth 2112 (Mach Rider)
Spiral Mountain (Banjo-Kazooie)
Dracula’s Castle (Castlevania)
Tower of Fate (Shovel Knight)

And some personal wants which I highly doubt will get in:

Installation 04 (Halo)
The Pit (Mortal Kombat)
Namek (Dragon Ball Z)
Winterun (Elder Scrolls Skyrim)
Los Santas (GTAV)
Farmstead (Harvest Moon)
New original stages, huh? Hmmm...

- Ramen Bowl (ARMS)
- Noctilum or Sylvalum (Xenoblade Chronicles X)
- Farlaine Wells (Xenoblade Chronicles 2)
- Kirby Star Allies stage
- I second Noatun from Bayonetta 2
- Studiopolis (Sonic Mania)
- Phendrana Drifts (Metroid)

As for unlikely stages:

- Vault 114 (Fallout 4)
- a Danganronpa stage would be sweet but that’s never happening lel
- Spyro stage?

PeridotGX

Pranked!
NNID
Denoma5280
View attachment 154214

What are yours?
A: Arcade Rabbit
B: Bandana Dee (Sorry Zinith)
C: Captian Toad
D: Decidueye
E: Electivire
F: Fawful
G: Grovyle
H: Heracross
J: Capsule J2 (I was desperate)
M: Marx
N: Nikki
P: Paper Mario
R: Roserade
S: Scizor (Sceptile is close)
T: Typhlosion
U: Urbosa
V: Vatti
X: Xander
Y: Yarn Yoshi
Z: Zero from Mega Man

Whats that one "What The Crap" character you want in smash? For me, It's Don-Chan. never played a Taiko Drum master game, but it looks really fun. Imagine if Every Time he hit someone, the Drum sound effect from the game played? And for him smash attacks he played those baloons?
Arcade Rabbit from the Badge Arcade.

**Gilgamesh**

Smash Ace
Mewtwo is a clone of Ganondorf, guyz. :troll:
View attachment 154204
Just kidding. You're totally right. A lot of people seem to think that characters become clones because they resemble or are inspired by another character. Mimikyu isn't even an electric type Pokemon.

It's like someone who thinks Wario would be a clone of Mario or Rosalina would be a clone of Peach.

Like Ganondorf for example. People complain that he has no relation to Captain Falcon, but that has nothing to do with why characters become clones. It's really all about body structure. Character relation is incidental.

I could see someone like Dark Samus becoming an echo, because even if she has vastly unique abilities, she's perfectly capable of copying all of Samus's animations.
The main reason why people are upset that Ganondorf was/is a Falcon clone is because HE HAS been a falcon clone since melee. There's little reason to why he hasn't been flashed out yet since they had Brawl -> Smash4 to do it. Giving him a sword is a start.... even though his sword smashes are taken from other fighters (Cloud, Ike). Ganondorf is now a hybrid fighter of mostly Falcon with some touch of Cloud/Ike lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom