• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Kirbyister

Smash Apprentice
Well, also in Moon and Ultra Moon but yeah. Honestly, Moon and Ultra Moon are quite possibly the worst mainline pokemon games I've ever played (and I've played at least one game from every gen since gen 3). I love Mimikyu though.
I played sun for a little bit. I didn’t see mimikyu.
Ultra Sun possibility the worst mainline Pokemon game?

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Funny enough I used to do this with previous rosters. Only teams of two in Brawl, and teams of four in Wii U. Figure four works well with 8-Player Smash. But if I had to go with teams of three:

:ultmario::ultdoc::ultluigi: - Super Mario Brothers
:ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultrosalina: - Super Mario Ladies
:ultdk::ultdiddy::ultyoshi: - Mario's Companions
:ultbowser::ultbowserjr::ultwario: - Mario's Baddies
:ultlink::ultyounglink::ulttoonlink: - Hyrule's Courageous Heroes
:ultzelda::ultsheik::ultganondorf: - Wisdom and Power
:ultsamus::ultzss::ultridley: - Metroid
:ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultpalutena: - Kid Icarus
:ultness::ultlucas::ultvillager: - Little People
:ultmarth::ultlucina::ultroy: - Three Shades of Marth
:ultike::ultrobin:ultcorrin: - Actual Variety
:ultkirby::ultkingdedede::ultmetaknight: - Kirby
:ultfox::ultfalco::ultwolf: - Star Fox and Wolf
:ultpikachu::ultjigglypuff::ultmewtwo: - Genwunners
:ultpichu::ultlucario::ultgreninja: - Pikachu's Friends
:ultgnw::ultrob::ultwiifittrainer: - Hardware
:ultlittlemac::ultolimar::ultinkling: - Little People II
:ulticeclimbers::ultpokemontrainer::ultduckhunt: - Duos and Trios
:ultfalcon::ultsnake::ultshulk: - Legal Adults
:ultsonic::ultmegaman::ultpacman: - Gaming Icons
:ultryu::ultcloud::ultbayonetta: - Unnecessary
:4miibrawl::4miisword::4miigun: - Mii Fighters
Honestly, I'd argue that Ryu and Cloud are just as iconic as Megaman.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Naked/Mostly Naked: :ultbowser::ultbowserjr::ultdk::ultduckhunt::ultgreninja::ultjigglypuff::ultkirby::ultlucario::ultmewtwo::ultgnw::ultpacman::ultpichu::ultpikachu::ultridley::ultrob::ultsonic::ultyoshi:
Clothed that I wouldn't mind seeing Naked: :ultfalcon::ultcloud::ultganondorf::ultike::ultlink::ultlittlemac::ultmarth::ultroy::ultryu::ultshulk::ultsnake::ultwiifittrainer::ultrobin
Clothed that can stay clothed: :ultbayonetta::ultcorrin::ultdiddy::ultdoc::ultfalco::ultfox::ulticeclimbers::ultinkling::ultkingdedede::ultlucas::ultluigi::ultmario::ultlucina::ultmegaman::ultmetaknight::ultmiifighters::ultness::ultolimar::ultpalutena::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultsheik::ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultpokemontrainer::ultrosalina::ultsamus::ultvillager::ultwario::ulttoonlink::ultwolf::ultyounglink::ultzelda::ultzss:
I relate to this post on a spiritual level although I find it odd that you wanna see WFT naked when all the others in that category are guys, unless you meant the male variant. I'm also curious as to why corrin was excluded lmao.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I relate to this post on a spiritual level although I find it odd that you wanna see WFT naked when all the others in that category are guys, unless you meant the male variant. I'm also curious as to why corrin was excluded lmao.
You are correct. I meant the male variant. And I guess Corrin should be on the list too.

Last edited:

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
He didn't literally say that. You can search for the term 12 or twelve and you won't find it

This is all that was stated

"I’ve decided to limit the number of fighters initially available to the original Nintendo 64 roster. This will keep the process of unlocking new challengers fun and exciting, but I suppose it’s a bit of a hassle in comparison with other fighting games that allow all players to fight under the same conditions from the get-go."

Which does lead to it being interpreted as the original 8. Especially since the picture used in the trailer was the original 8
How does that lead us to the original 8? The original Nintendo 64 roster is not the original 8. No one talks about the "Melee Roster" and says yea but not Marth.

I mean agree to disagree here I guess, but he's flat out saying the original Nintendo 64 roster. I don't see how that could be interperted to be just the starting roster.

As for the picture...
Screenshot_20180724-170524~2.png

The 8 show quickly and then it changes to this, right when he again says "Original Nintendo 64 Roster". So if the 8 photo can be used for evidence so can this.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
How does that lead us to the original 8? The original Nintendo 64 roster is not the original 8. No one talks about the "Melee Roster" and says yea but not Marth.

I mean agree to disagree here I guess, but he's flat out saying the original Nintendo 64 roster. I don't see how that could be interperted to be just the starting roster.

As for the picture...
View attachment 154200
The 8 show quickly and then it changes to this, right when he again says "Original Nintendo 64 Roster". So if the 8 photo can be used for evidence so can this.
because unlockables weren't initially available

As the exact phrasing says

He didn't just say the fighters from Smash 64, he said initially available to the original Nintendo 64 roster

Last edited:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
He also uses the words "may be" so it's possible he's still deciding if the starting roster will be 8 or 12.

It seemed purposely amiguous as to whether it will be the original 8 or also include the 4 secret characters.

Last edited:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
They're called children.
Well, one of those children is a Mayor, so I'm a bit hesitant there. Unless there's a canon age for Villager I'm unaware of.

It's been almost three years.
Let your salt go.
'Salt' doesn't equal dislike.

I've begrudgingly accepted them now that everyone's back, but I still do not like them.

With Ryu, maybe, but I feel they're a bit above Cloud.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
I played sun for a little bit. I didn’t see mimikyu.
Ultra Sun possibility the worst mainline Pokemon game?
Mimikyu's on the 3rd island so it's deeper in the game. I guess "mainline" isn't the right wording here "core RPG" is better. Like Gen 3's core RPGs would be R/S, Emerald, and Fire Red+Leaf Green. But yeah, either I'm getting tired of Pokemon in general or Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon are the worst. I lean towards the latter.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

He didn't just say the fighters from Smash 64, he said initially available to the original Nintendo 64 roster
"I’ve decided to limit the number of fighters initially available to the original Nintendo 64 roster."

As in, the number of fighters initially available in Ultimate will be restricted to the original Nintendo 64 roster. Whether that's the 8 or 12 is unclear.

The Kirbyister

Smash Apprentice
I guess "mainline" isn't the right wording here "core RPG" is better. Like Gen 3's core RPGs would be R/S, Emerald, and Fire Red+Leaf Green. Mimikyu's on the 3rd island so it's deeper in the game. But yeah, either I'm getting tired of Pokemon in general or Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon are the worst. I lean towards the latter.
I stop playing Pokémon because sun and moon are not as fun as X,Y omega ruby
I got to the 2nd island in sun.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
"I’ve decided to limit the number of fighters initially available to the original Nintendo 64 roster."

As in, the number of fighters initially available in Ultimate will be restricted to the original Nintendo 64 roster. Whether that's the 8 or 12 is unclear.
Well, my point is it's unclear.

He's trying to say it's a definitive statement

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
Mimikyu's on the 3rd island so it's deeper in the game. I guess "mainline" isn't the right wording here "core RPG" is better. Like Gen 3's core RPGs would be R/S, Emerald, and Fire Red+Leaf Green. But yeah, either I'm getting tired of Pokemon in general or Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon are the worst. I lean towards the latter.
Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon are just kinda underwhelming third versions, possibily the worst of them all yeah, but I dunno if I'd say the worst game? I feel like it's the definitive edition of Sun and Moon, but would be better off if Sun and Moon didn't exist a year earlier lol. But maybe I'm biased, since the absolute worst for me will forever be X and Y

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
I haven't gotten past Island 2 of Ultra Sun... I think the Endless Melemele Tutorials killed my enthusiasm.

Seriously, Game Freak, it's fine having tutorials, but please, make them optional! For the sake of the Pokémon Veterans!

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Would mimikyu be a clone of pikachu?
Hell no. :laugh:
Mimikyu is a ghost/fairy pokemon with a potential gimmick in the form of its Disguise ability. Its main method of fighting is using claw attacks from its shadowy appendages. Yep, that's a pika clone for sure. I mean, you can make an argument for it having similar tilts and aerials or whatever, but unless this Mimikyu has a lot of TMs it makes 0 sense for them to have the same specials.
^ Pretty much.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion

Reread it, I made the same mistake.

I’ve decided to limit the number of fighters initially available to the original Nintendo 64 roster.

I thought I was wrong (I mean I could still be) until I read it again. The initially available is reffering to the characters inititally available to Smash Switch not 64. So he's limiting the number of fighters to the original Nintendo 64 roster, which would be all 12 because again no one thinks of Melee's roster without including Marth.

The sentence you're arguing for would have read "I've decided to limit the number of fighters to those initially available to the original Nintendo 64 roster."

If the initially in the original sentence was reffering to the 64 game it instead reads as if Ultimate will ONLY have those characters. Anyway I'm over arguing the grammar of a sentence lol, sure whatever I could be wrong. As long as it's clear what he said. Sorry don't mean to be an ass hole.

EDIT: Greninja'd by a much shorter statement...oh well.
I still stand by Nintendo 64 Roster is pretty clearly all the characters in the game as he never said starting roster but meh.

Last edited:

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon are just kinda underwhelming third versions, possibily the worst of them all yeah, but I dunno if I'd say the worst game? I feel like it's the definitive edition of Sun and Moon, but would be better off if Sun and Moon didn't exist a year earlier lol. But maybe I'm biased, since the absolute worst for me will forever be X and Y
X and Y > Sun and Moon imo. Am I biased because X and Y was my original connection with my best friends from high school? Yeah probably. But at least I could bring myself to play Y to completion. Can't say the same about Ultra Moon at the moment rip.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
:ultryu::ultcloud::ultbayonetta: - Unnecessary
Let your salt go.
At this point, there's three types of Smash fans.

1. People who are still salty over the Smash 4 DLC.
2. People who are salty over other people who are still salty over the Smash 4 DLC.
3. People who genuinely don't care.

Despite what happened with the ballot, I don't think we'll ever get to a point in time when someone can say, "I'm not happy with Bayonetta being in Smash," without sparking controversy.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
New game!

Remember the “newcomer for each letter of ULTIMATE” thing? It’s the same but this time for SPECIAL, which is Smash Ultimate’s Japanese subtitle. One newcomer whose name starts with each letter.

S - Simon
P - Pyra (& Rex)
E - Elma
C - Chorus Kids
I - Isaac
A - Ashley
L - ...Lip?
I love these.

S - Skull Kid
P - Paper Mario
E - Elma
C - Chrom
I - Impa
A - Ashley
L - Lloyd Irving

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I'm surprised you didn't go for Sora for S.
Fixed.
So here's a question.

You need to divide the roster into teams of three.

How do you do it?
By D&D Alignment: Lawful, Neutral, and Chaotic

I think it would be somewhat even between the three teams.

Also, I've got enough "leaks" for another two sessions, both of which have bonus "leaks!"
Hello everybody :) I work as a translator for an european language, but I can't say wich language and I already played an early version of the game. You can believe it or not, but I know that this is true.

They are 9 new characters and 2 echo characters.

Magolor: I saw gameplay of him and his attacks are based of black magic. With his neutral B he can charge a black ball, like Mewtwo's Shadow Ball. I really like his up air, it's a little beam.

Imajin: Probably you don't know him, but he is the protagonist of Doki Doki Panic (The original game of Super Mario Bros. 2) His down B is the same as thtat of Peach) And his up B, you can summon a little vine. (It's a reskin of a ladder)

Karate Joe: His moves works like in the Rhythm Heaven games. When you hold the A button, he punches and when you release the button, he kicks. His neutral B is a combo, like in his minigame.

Hatsune Miku: Surprise, surprise, she's in the game. Sadly I don't know the moves, but I know that she's in :D

Dj Octario: Yes an another Splatoon rep. He sits in a little version of his mech. His appereance is like in Splatoon 1, but he has also a Splatoon 2 skin.

The Champions: Yes, THE Champions from Breath of the Wild. They works like the Pokemon Trainer, but with four characters. Urbosa is the fastest of the four and I think, she has a good combo potential. Revali is the areal fighter of the four and he has five jumps. Mipha has the best range and she uses water and spear attacks. And Daruk is the slowest but the strongest of the four.

Dixie Kong & Kiddy Kong: These two represent the originally idea of Diddy Kong for Brawl, wich included Dixie. Dixie is a semi clone of DIddy (Only the side and neutral B are the same) And Kiddy is a faster Donkey Kong with a few changes.

Elma: Sorry, I didn't saw footage, but I know that she uses a mech in her final smash.

Isabelle: Surprisingly she isn't an echo character or a semi clone. With her down B she can spawn a furniture (chair, table or a bed) with the same leaf animation like in Animal Cossing. And her neutral B she can throw fruits that hurt.

And finally the Echo characters: Chrom or Ike and Dark Samus for.......... yes Samus :D

And as a bonus a few stages:

Just Dance Stage
Bob Omb Battlefield
Bowser's Castle
Rhythm Heaven
Wario Ware Gold (It is Wario Ware with other minigames)
Underworld

See you later :)
Bye

Ps: You can ask me if you want :)

Ok, i will try this week to take a picture of any character!
notsurprisedkirk.jpg
Wowee. This is one wild "leak." Props to mr. leakerman for coming up with one wild character list.
Nintendo Direct August 3rd
Super Smash Bros. reveal trailer
A shadowy figure flies above as a hero steps out of the darkness.
"Belmont has his stake in this!"
He follows the figure as it flies to a lofty bell tower. He climbs a spiral staircase and defeats skeletons and bats before arriving at the top. The bell sounds as he looks around. Sensing his foe: "Die monster. You don't belong in this world!" An evil laugh echoes out and the demon attacks. "Overconfidence will destroy you" Sephiroth joins the fray!

Belmont is a new design drawing inspiration from Simon, Trevor, Richtor, Juste and huh? Alucard? and has costumes to represent each of them. Sephiroth's design is based on his "One-Winged Angel" classic design but has costumes for his Advent Children and Kingdom Hearts designs.

A third character is teased. A telescope has been watching the battle unfold in the bell tower. A female giggle is heard and the telescope is flung skyward, disappearing in a STAR graphic effect.

Talk about blowing your load. This would make for one hype-inducing direct though.
Characters:
So as for what I’ve heard, 8 new fighter and 1 new echo fighter will be added, however some may struggle to be in due to 3rd party issues. As of what I’ve heard, Ashley, King K. Rool, Dixie Kong and Isaac will be in the game (they aren’t the only 4 incoming, there’s more). DLC isn’t being planned especially since Sakurai is focusing on the now and saving his plans for later.
Stages:
I’ve also heard that Big Battlefield will make a comeback. Again, not the only stage that will make a return, and R.O.B./Robot will have a new home stage.
Online Multiplayer:
For Fun will only have one change, and it’s including Final Destination. Another feature is that now you can choose to use hazard stage toggle for certain stages that will support that in for fun by using online options, and not by changing rules. As for For Glory, it will include Battlefield and Omega stage forms. And you can also choose to use either one, or both with online options. And you can also choose to use Mii’s as fighters online now.
Solo and Misc:
There will be Classic, All-Star, Training, Events, Smash Run and Stadium. Smash Tour isn’t going to come back due to many people not playing it that much. Story Mode is being planned, however it may not be included due to lack of development. Stadium will feature Target Blast, Multi-Man Smash (includes Mii’s again, but they won’t have voices) and Home-Run Contest. Same concept with Story Mode, Boss Battles is being planned. Smash Run will feature 1-2 players except each player will have a split screen, and this time you can get an alt trophy of a character if you complete it. Classic Mode will also be a 1-2 player thing, which will feature the map. Stage builder will also make a return. Trophy rush and trophy shop will return. And, that’s all the info I got, enjoy!!

Honestly, I hope that For Glory has some regular stages with hazards off. Otherwise, this leak doesn't say much. Smash Tour not returning would be kinda disappointing though.
Say it's fake all you want. But here's a leak. I am remaining Anonymous for personal reasons

I don't know that much info about this direct since Nintendo is becoming very secretive since Smash Ultimate was announced to stop things like this. So keep in mind, there may be more or less games at this direct. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Direct is about 40 minutes in length.
No specific date has surfaced, only "End of Q2-Start of Q3."

3DS:
Nothing much as Nintendo are making it a low priority ever since Switch came out, but there are some announcements.

>info on Luigi's Mansion including Release Date and Amiibo.
>Same with Bowser's Inside Story except with a very vague date and only one Amiibo.
>Quick reminder that WarioWare Gold is coming.
>Ends with port of Tropical Freeze.

Before it goes to Switch, it gives a bit of info about the online service, which takes up a good 5 minutes of the direct.

>Mario Tennis Aces second Online tournament is announced. Gift is said to be Luigi or Peach's default costume.
>Small free update to MK8D being that of Block Fortress. Other tracks are coming as DLC.
>Small reel of ports. Included are Fallout 4, Diablo 3, Spyro Reignited, and TSR.
>Splatoon 2 4.0 Update is shown with new gear and hairstyles. Piranha Pit is shown as well as a new stage.
>Ultimate trailer for Tails and Shadow.

And that's it. Keep in mind Nintendo is monitoring 4chan and other message boards for leaks.

Interesting in that it doesn't give a specific date, but I imagine that the next direct is going to have many more reveals than just some ports.
There's no direct's until September. In September, Nintendo is hosting a big, I mean Big direct. The 3DS will be getting headlines, but surprisingly, Switch won't. They need to talk a lot about the games. They still have a bunch of games to announce. If on the side it says big or small, that means how much they will talk about it. The direct is close to an hour. This is real. Here we go. This is on September 12.
> Luigi Mansion Remake, October 26
> Mario&Luigi: Bowser’s Inside Story remake, January 25 2019
> Last headline, Pokken Tournament, Summer 2019
> Donkey Kong Country: The Return of King K. Rool, characters playable are, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong, Cranky Kong, Funky Kong, and Trixie Kong, 2019. Big
> Fire Emblem Three Houses gameplay trailer, April 2019. Big
> Super Mario Party, October 5. Small
> Spyro Reignited Trilogy, early 2019. Small
> Pokemon Let’s go, November 16 2018 + Amiibo. Big
> Fortnite Nintendo Only Skins based on Metroid, Splatoon, after direct. Small
> Wave Race Switch, holiday 2018. Small
> Undertale, September 14. Small
> Demon X Machina, January 2019. Big
> Mega Man 11, October 2. Small
> Team Sonic Racing, December 4. Small
> Online announcement. Big
> Punch Out: Champions, 2019. Big
> Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes, January 2019. Small
> Chibi Robo: Plugged, holiday 2018. Small
> Warioware: Switched. Small
> Diablo 3, 2019. Small
> Injustice 2, 2019. Small
> Dr. Mario Switch. Small
> Legends Of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD, 2019. Small
> Xenoblade Chronicles X, December 4th 2018. Small
> World Ends With You FR, October 26. Small
> Dragon Quest 11, holiday 2018. Big
> Bayonetta 3, February 2019. Big
> Yoshi’s Craft World, March 2019. Big
> Final Announcement, Mipha Smash trailer, then Shadow announcement.
That a lot. It's real. I know you think it's fake because it's to much, no headlines. But one time, there was no headlines. The small games will go right to another game, big will talk about it a lot.

Seems like mr. leakerman just couldn't come up with any headlines.
Hey everybody, it's time for another spicy leak!
I have received this information from a friend of a friend that works on the development team for Super Smash Bros Ultimate. Some things might have been lost in translation.
Most of the characters in Ultimate were taken from the ballot made for the previous entry in the franchise. There is a total of 10 completely new characters in this game when you include Inkling and Ridley.
>Geno will be included.
>Selected due to his popularity in the ballot.
>King K Rool will be included.
>Sceptile will be included.
>Chorus Men will be included.
>Selected due to them being cut in Smash 4.
>Chibi Robo will be included.
Those are all of the characters that have appeared in a 1st party game or spinoff. Now here are the 3rd party reps.
>Banjo-Kazooie will be included.
>This is due to massive fan outcry.
>Also because of popularity in the ballot.
>Also because of Microsoft's willingness to >include the duo.
>Shovel Knight will be included.
>Selected due to his popularity in the Ballot.
>Also because of his popularity in the indie
>scene.
>Jibanyan will be included.
>This is due to his crazy popularity in Japan.
>His slot was going to be filled by Prof.Layton.
>Jibanyan was favored due to better moveset
>potential.
There will be 4 echo fighters including Daisy.
>Shadow will be an echo of Sonic.
>Dixie Kong will be an echo of Diddy Kong.
>Chrom will be an echo of Ike.
I also have some stages but these aren't all of them. I don't have any information on these except for where they are taking place.
>Bean Bean Kingdom will be included.
>Super Bell Hill will be included.
>Mount Lanakila will be included.
>K Rool's Ship will be included.
>A stage based on the DS will be included.
>Mumbo's Mountain will be included.
>The Lich Yard will be included.
Adventure mode is like subspace with less cutscenes.

Another interesting character list. Jibanyan is definitely new. Yokai Watch was on the decline in 2015, right? Also, Shovel Knight likely didn't perform well in the ballot because everyone thought he was a shoe in.
ALL JULY NINTENDO DIRECT LEAKS ARE FAKE. THE NEXT DIRECT IS IN SEPTEMBER AND FOCUSES ONLY ON ONLINE GAMES. THEY DID THIS BC OF THE NINTENDO SWITCH ONLINE SYSTEM.

The direct starts off with a thank you from Sakurai for supporting smash ultimate. He talks briefly and introduces the new echo fighter, Black Shadow (Captain Falcon Clone). No reveal trailer, just an announcement like Daisy.

A new IP is announced, and that IP is Starfox Racing, being developed by Retro Studios. The reveal trailer confirms 10 characters and three courses. The game will come out around April 2019.

There are some Labo updates. The updates help fix MK8D with Labo and it also announces new compatibility with mario tennis aces.

Mario Maker is getting an enhanced port to the switch. It will be called Super Mario Maker ELITE. It adds some new platforms and powerups which will make the game feel fresh.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe will get 4 new characters, not including BOTW Link. The characters are Diddy Kong, Birdo, Nabbit, and Pauline. Two new cups will come out as well, the Feather Cup and the Bob-Omb Cup. This will be available as soon as the direct goes live.

There will be a big portion on the Nintendo Switch Online System. Nothing new to discuss, just an overview of the price and what you gain when purchasing the online system

The last thing is at the end, and it is a reveal trailer for K. Rool and Dixie Kong. The trailer starts with Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong eating bananas, and are interrupted by K rool. They begin to lose the battle, until Dixie King shows up. The trailer ends with an overview of the characters. K rool's attacks will be his gimics from the Donkey Kong Country games and an ability to summon a couple weak Kremlings, and Dixie's attacks include her hair, bubble gum, her guitar, and some other attacks which include Kiddy Kong.

THIS COULD ALL BE FAKE. MY SOURCE COULS BE LYING. TAKE THIS WITH A GRAIN OF SALT.

That callout at the beginning though. Got 'em. Seems reasonable enough for a direct "leak." Par for the course.
Alright, Nintendo will be doing another Nintendo Direct upcoming Thursday, here are some details of what you can expect.
>Undertale 1.5 for Nintendo Switch releasing 15 September
>Fallout New Vegas for Nintendo Switch - Holidays
>2 new Minecraft Maps, new skin pack
>Megaman 11 trailer
>Kirby Star Allies Dream Friends (what a surprise!)
>Light on some Nintendo Online features (including a system where you enter a code to join somebody's game kind of invite system)
>Go Vacation new minigames, uses the Joycon's for special gimmick minigames
>Reggie in somebody's house again announcing a Fortnite exclusive skin (Nintendo Online) for later this year
>FNaF 1 till 4 ported over, Sister Location and Freddy Fazbear's Pizzaria Simulator - August
>We Happy Few for Nintendo Switch - 2019
>Stardew Valley Multiplayer - October
>Mario Tennis Aces Update - August
>Mario Maker Port - Holidays
>Paladins F2P - August
>Pokemon Quest Update
>Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu & Evee Trailer
>Super Smash Bros Full Roster
>Reggie again broke into someone's house and got one final announcement
>Metroid Prime 4 Gameplay Trailer

Why the **** would we get the full ****ing roster for Smash Bros. this early on???
Alright Boys, we have sone leaks for Stages of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

>Radical Highway
>Ashley's Mansion
>Sarasaland
>Gangplank Galleon

That's all

Seems to hint at Ashley, K. Rool, and Shadow? Otherwise doesn't say much.
So there've been leaks that I've been seeing around YouTube and 4chan recently, and they've gotten a lot of attention. But I'm here to dispel these "leaks" (wishlists) and am here to detail some bits on a new character that will be coming in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, though there's only one character that I know of.

A playtester (known hereby as my informant) that often frequents a chatroom managed to play one of the new builds with this character, but has requested anonymity and I have to respect their wishes. This way, I at least have more access to knowledge about the character.

The character in question is a third Capcom representative, Leon S. Kennedy, from Resident Evil. My informant told me that his appearance is based off of the Resident Evil 2 Remake, to promote it.

The informant gave me a rundown of a few of Leon's moves, including some normals and specials. Some of Leon's normals include a three hit jab with his knife and a kick, a forward tilt that is his roundhouse, an uppercut up smash and a single kick neutral air.

Additionally, they told me that Leon surprisingly uses his handgun and fires it as his neutral special, a rocket launcher that deals massive damage as his side special and grenades that he can hold indefinitely as his down special move, of which there are three types: regular, flash and incendiary.

But they weren't able to tell me more about Leon's moveset since they ended up forgetting about some of the moves, but they told me that they will find out more in the coming days and give me a full detail of them. They do also recall that Leon was hard to knock off the stage and was somewhat average speed.

If my informant manages to find out anything more to Leon, I'll be posting additional information as soon as I can. I'd be more than welcome to share this when it comes.

This one kind of makes sense. It's on the feasible side of the leak spectrum.
Hey guys, I work at NoA. Smash is super super top secret BUT i already saw the trailer for this Friday. They were waiting for the Kirby update to reveal him along with a Kirby series echo fighter.

No i don't know anything else. i'm not privy to much and after this it could get tighter.

Bandana Dee trailer for Friday? Sounds good to me.
Gordon Freeman will be revealed in Smash Bros. in a month. All of your rumors about Reimu, Ashley, Marx, Waluigi, etc are now dead. Nintendo will reveal Gordon in a new Switch direct with a character from Fire Emblem: Three Houses. You'll see.

Bold claim. We'll see how it works out.
>Simon Belmont
>King K.Rool
>Incineroar
>Geno

Semi-clones:
>Shadow

Echoes
>Dark Samus
>Chrom
>Ninten

New stages: Gangplank Galleon, Valla, Dracula's Castle, Alolan Pokemon League

Regular old ****.
> These are a bunch of characters. These were the characters that nintendo were picking. But only 10 off them came true. Including the 3 you no about.
> For echoes
> Daisy, came true
> Shadow, not confirmed but is in game
> Dark Samus, not in the game, might be DLC
> Black Shadow, sadly there keeping C.F alone.
> Dr. Luigi, not happening
> Dixie Kong, will come
> Funky Kong, sadly nope
> Ninten, don't know anything on him
> Chrom, was planned but don't know anything about him if he's in.
> Now for fighters
> Ridley, yep
> Inkling, yep
> Waluigi, nope
> King K. Rool, he's coming
> Impa, nope
> Toon Zelda?
> Mipha, she's in
> Captain Toad, planned but got scrapped sadly
> Pauline, nope
> Sylux, was going to be but got scrapped due to Ridely.
> Birdo, nope
> Bandana dee, have no news on him
> Susie, nope
> Marx, nope
> Krystal, nope
> Eldgard, was planned but got scrapped
> Medusa, nope
> Viridi, nope
> Magnus, nope
> Ashely, nope
> Tails, nope
> Isabelle, nope
> Rex and Pyra, no news on them
> Simon Belmont, yep
> Rayman, yep
> Lyn, nope
> Boberman, nope
> Geno, DLC is not planned for Smash, but his chance is coming to be the first DLC fighter.
> Crash, not planned
> Chibi-Robo, was planned but is now a assist (:()
> Issac, nope
> Dillion, nope
> Springman, nope
> Decidueye, was planned but got scrapped due to Ivysuar coming back.
> Jade from Dragon Quest 11 she's in
So these are your newcomers. They are coming on there way to a announcement soon. These characters were the only ones that got picked. They choose to make it them. I know there's other characters that people want, but they sadly aren't coming. You might see them be DLC.

What is it about Jade that's so popular? I get that she's uber popular in Japan, but she'd have been too much of a gamble at the time as the game hadn't released. @GoldenYuiitusin made a more detailed post about that.

Lots of them today.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Would mimikyu be a clone of pikachu?
Clones are designed for ease of development due to similar skeletal structures that can be carried over to the next character with minimal problems.
Mimikyu's body build is vastly different from Pikachu's (It's arms are underneath It's body for example) Plus It's stands more upright compared to Pikachu due to its need to keep It's disguise up.

So no, Mimikyu wouldn't work as a clone of Pikachu, at worst, they might do like what they did with Wario and make most of It's normals have it trying to imitate Pikachu's moves, but in a more quantity over quality type manner.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
X and Y > Sun and Moon imo. Am I biased because X and Y was my original connection with my best friends from high school? Yeah probably. But at least I could bring myself to play X and Y to completion. Can't say the same about Ultra Moon at the moment rip.
The only Pokémon game I've been willing to complete the Pokédex in was White 2 (excluding about 5 Mythicals). I... actually don't know why I was so motivated with it. XD

Also, about tutorials; isn't it weird that the first two generations were the ones that had faith that the player would be able to pick up on how the game works. XD

D

Deleted member

The only Pokémon game I've been willing to complete the Pokédex in was White 2 (excluding about 5 Mythicals). I... actually don't know why I was so motivated with it. XD
I fully completed the Pokedex in Alpha Sapphire with all Mythicals when they started giving them out for the 20th anniversary. I also have no idea why I did it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Fixed.

By D&D Alignment: Lawful, Neutral, and Chaotic

I think it would be somewhat even between the three teams.

Also, I've got enough "leaks" for another two sessions, both of which have bonus "leak!"
Hello everybody :) I work as a translator for an european language, but I can't say wich language and I already played an early version of the game. You can believe it or not, but I know that this is true.

They are 9 new characters and 2 echo characters.

Magolor: I saw gameplay of him and his attacks are based of black magic. With his neutral B he can charge a black ball, like Mewtwo's Shadow Ball. I really like his up air, it's a little beam.

Imajin: Probably you don't know him, but he is the protagonist of Doki Doki Panic (The original game of Super Mario Bros. 2) His down B is the same as thtat of Peach) And his up B, you can summon a little vine. (It's a reskin of a ladder)

Karate Joe: His moves works like in the Rhythm Heaven games. When you hold the A button, he punches and when you release the button, he kicks. His neutral B is a combo, like in his minigame.

Hatsune Miku: Surprise, surprise, she's in the game. Sadly I don't know the moves, but I know that she's in :D

Dj Octario: Yes an another Splatoon rep. He sits in a little version of his mech. His appereance is like in Splatoon 1, but he has also a Splatoon 2 skin.

The Champions: Yes, THE Champions from Breath of the Wild. They works like the Pokemon Trainer, but with four characters. Urbosa is the fastest of the four and I think, she has a good combo potential. Revali is the areal fighter of the four and he has five jumps. Mipha has the best range and she uses water and spear attacks. And Daruk is the slowest but the strongest of the four.

Dixie Kong & Kiddy Kong: These two represent the originally idea of Diddy Kong for Brawl, wich included Dixie. Dixie is a semi clone of DIddy (Only the side and neutral B are the same) And Kiddy is a faster Donkey Kong with a few changes.

Elma: Sorry, I didn't saw footage, but I know that she uses a mech in her final smash.

Isabelle: Surprisingly she isn't an echo character or a semi clone. With her down B she can spawn a furniture (chair, table or a bed) with the same leaf animation like in Animal Cossing. And her neutral B she can throw fruits that hurt.

And finally the Echo characters: Chrom or Ike and Dark Samus for.......... yes Samus :D

And as a bonus a few stages:

Just Dance Stage
Bob Omb Battlefield
Bowser's Castle
Rhythm Heaven
Wario Ware Gold (It is Wario Ware with other minigames)
Underworld

See you later :)
Bye

Ps: You can ask me if you want :)

Ok, i will try this week to take a picture of any character!
Wowee. This is one wild "leak." Props to mr. leakerman for coming up with one wild character list.
Nintendo Direct August 3rd
Super Smash Bros. reveal trailer
A shadowy figure flies above as a hero steps out of the darkness.
"Belmont has his stake in this!"
He follows the figure as it flies to a lofty bell tower. He climbs a spiral staircase and defeats skeletons and bats before arriving at the top. The bell sounds as he looks around. Sensing his foe: "Die monster. You don't belong in this world!" An evil laugh echoes out and the demon attacks. "Overconfidence will destroy you" Sephiroth joins the fray!

Belmont is a new design drawing inspiration from Simon, Trevor, Richtor, Juste and huh? Alucard? and has costumes to represent each of them. Sephiroth's design is based on his "One-Winged Angel" classic design but has costumes for his Advent Children and Kingdom Hearts designs.

A third character is teased. A telescope has been watching the battle unfold in the bell tower. A female giggle is heard and the telescope is flung skyward, disappearing in a STAR graphic effect.

Talk about blowing your load. This would make for one hype-inducing direct though.
Characters:
So as for what I’ve heard, 8 new fighter and 1 new echo fighter will be added, however some may struggle to be in due to 3rd party issues. As of what I’ve heard, Ashley, King K. Rool, Dixie Kong and Isaac will be in the game (they aren’t the only 4 incoming, there’s more). DLC isn’t being planned especially since Sakurai is focusing on the now and saving his plans for later.
Stages:
I’ve also heard that Big Battlefield will make a comeback. Again, not the only stage that will make a return, and R.O.B./Robot will have a new home stage.
Online Multiplayer:
For Fun will only have one change, and it’s including Final Destination. Another feature is that now you can choose to use hazard stage toggle for certain stages that will support that in for fun by using online options, and not by changing rules. As for For Glory, it will include Battlefield and Omega stage forms. And you can also choose to use either one, or both with online options. And you can also choose to use Mii’s as fighters online now.
Solo and Misc:
There will be Classic, All-Star, Training, Events, Smash Run and Stadium. Smash Tour isn’t going to come back due to many people not playing it that much. Story Mode is being planned, however it may not be included due to lack of development. Stadium will feature Target Blast, Multi-Man Smash (includes Mii’s again, but they won’t have voices) and Home-Run Contest. Same concept with Story Mode, Boss Battles is being planned. Smash Run will feature 1-2 players except each player will have a split screen, and this time you can get an alt trophy of a character if you complete it. Classic Mode will also be a 1-2 player thing, which will feature the map. Stage builder will also make a return. Trophy rush and trophy shop will return. And, that’s all the info I got, enjoy!!

Honestly, I hope that For Glory has some regular stages with hazards off. Otherwise, this leak doesn't say much. Smash Tour not returning would be kinda disappointing though.
Say it's fake all you want. But here's a leak. I am remaining Anonymous for personal reasons

I don't know that much info about this direct since Nintendo is becoming very secretive since Smash Ultimate was announced to stop things like this. So keep in mind, there may be more or less games at this direct. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Direct is about 40 minutes in length.
No specific date has surfaced, only "End of Q2-Start of Q3."

3DS:
Nothing much as Nintendo are making it a low priority ever since Switch came out, but there are some announcements.

>info on Luigi's Mansion including Release Date and Amiibo.
>Same with Bowser's Inside Story except with a very vague date and only one Amiibo.
>Quick reminder that WarioWare Gold is coming.
>Ends with port of Tropical Freeze.

Before it goes to Switch, it gives a bit of info about the online service, which takes up a good 5 minutes of the direct.

>Mario Tennis Aces second Online tournament is announced. Gift is said to be Luigi or Peach's default costume.
>Small free update to MK8D being that of Block Fortress. Other tracks are coming as DLC.
>Small reel of ports. Included are Fallout 4, Diablo 3, Spyro Reignited, and TSR.
>Splatoon 2 4.0 Update is shown with new gear and hairstyles. Piranha Pit is shown as well as a new stage.
>Ultimate trailer for Tails and Shadow.

And that's it. Keep in mind Nintendo is monitoring 4chan and other message boards for leaks.

Interesting in that it doesn't give a specific date, but I imagine that the next direct is going to have many more reveals than just some ports.
There's no direct's until September. In September, Nintendo is hosting a big, I mean Big direct. The 3DS will be getting headlines, but surprisingly, Switch won't. They need to talk a lot about the games. They still have a bunch of games to announce. If on the side it says big or small, that means how much they will talk about it. The direct is close to an hour. This is real. Here we go. This is on September 12.
> Luigi Mansion Remake, October 26
> Mario&Luigi: Bowser’s Inside Story remake, January 25 2019
> Last headline, Pokken Tournament, Summer 2019
> Donkey Kong Country: The Return of King K. Rool, characters playable are, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong, Cranky Kong, Funky Kong, and Trixie Kong, 2019. Big
> Fire Emblem Three Houses gameplay trailer, April 2019. Big
> Super Mario Party, October 5. Small
> Spyro Reignited Trilogy, early 2019. Small
> Pokemon Let’s go, November 16 2018 + Amiibo. Big
> Fortnite Nintendo Only Skins based on Metroid, Splatoon, after direct. Small
> Wave Race Switch, holiday 2018. Small
> Undertale, September 14. Small
> Demon X Machina, January 2019. Big
> Mega Man 11, October 2. Small
> Team Sonic Racing, December 4. Small
> Online announcement. Big
> Punch Out: Champions, 2019. Big
> Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes, January 2019. Small
> Chibi Robo: Plugged, holiday 2018. Small
> Warioware: Switched. Small
> Diablo 3, 2019. Small
> Injustice 2, 2019. Small
> Dr. Mario Switch. Small
> Legends Of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD, 2019. Small
> Xenoblade Chronicles X, December 4th 2018. Small
> World Ends With You FR, October 26. Small
> Dragon Quest 11, holiday 2018. Big
> Bayonetta 3, February 2019. Big
> Yoshi’s Craft World, March 2019. Big
> Final Announcement, Mipha Smash trailer, then Shadow announcement.
That a lot. It's real. I know you think it's fake because it's to much, no headlines. But one time, there was no headlines. The small games will go right to another game, big will talk about it a lot.

Seems like mr. leakerman just couldn't come up with any headlines.
Hey everybody, it's time for another spicy leak!
I have received this information from a friend of a friend that works on the development team for Super Smash Bros Ultimate. Some things might have been lost in translation.
Most of the characters in Ultimate were taken from the ballot made for the previous entry in the franchise. There is a total of 10 completely new characters in this game when you include Inkling and Ridley.
>Geno will be included.
>King K Rool will be included.
>Sceptile will be included.
>Chorus Men will be included.
>Selected due to them being cut in Smash 4.
>Chibi Robo will be included.
Those are all of the characters that have appeared in a 1st party game or spinoff. Now here are the 3rd party reps.
>Banjo-Kazooie will be included.
>This is due to massive fan outcry.
>Also because of popularity in the ballot.
>Also because of Microsoft's willingness to >include the duo.
>Shovel Knight will be included.
>Selected due to his popularity in the Ballot.
>Also because of his popularity in the indie
>scene.
>Jibanyan will be included.
>This is due to his crazy popularity in Japan.
>His slot was going to be filled by Prof.Layton.
>Jibanyan was favored due to better moveset
>potential.
There will be 4 echo fighters including Daisy.
>Shadow will be an echo of Sonic.
>Dixie Kong will be an echo of Diddy Kong.
>Chrom will be an echo of Ike.
I also have some stages but these aren't all of them. I don't have any information on these except for where they are taking place.
>Bean Bean Kingdom will be included.
>Super Bell Hill will be included.
>Mount Lanakila will be included.
>K Rool's Ship will be included.
>A stage based on the DS will be included.
>Mumbo's Mountain will be included.
>The Lich Yard will be included.
Adventure mode is like subspace with less cutscenes.

Another interesting character list. Jibanyan is definitely new. Yokai Watch was on the decline in 2015, right? Also, Shovel Knight likely didn't perform well in the ballot because everyone thought he was a shoe in.
ALL JULY NINTENDO DIRECT LEAKS ARE FAKE. THE NEXT DIRECT IS IN SEPTEMBER AND FOCUSES ONLY ON ONLINE GAMES. THEY DID THIS BC OF THE NINTENDO SWITCH ONLINE SYSTEM.

The direct starts off with a thank you from Sakurai for supporting smash ultimate. He talks briefly and introduces the new echo fighter, Black Shadow (Captain Falcon Clone). No reveal trailer, just an announcement like Daisy.

A new IP is announced, and that IP is Starfox Racing, being developed by Retro Studios. The reveal trailer confirms 10 characters and three courses. The game will come out around April 2019.

There are some Labo updates. The updates help fix MK8D with Labo and it also announces new compatibility with mario tennis aces.

Mario Maker is getting an enhanced port to the switch. It will be called Super Mario Maker ELITE. It adds some new platforms and powerups which will make the game feel fresh.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe will get 4 new characters, not including BOTW Link. The characters are Diddy Kong, Birdo, Nabbit, and Pauline. Two new cups will come out as well, the Feather Cup and the Bob-Omb Cup. This will be available as soon as the direct goes live.

There will be a big portion on the Nintendo Switch Online System. Nothing new to discuss, just an overview of the price and what you gain when purchasing the online system

The last thing is at the end, and it is a reveal trailer for K. Rool and Dixie Kong. The trailer starts with Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong eating bananas, and are interrupted by K rool. They begin to lose the battle, until Dixie King shows up. The trailer ends with an overview of the characters. K rool's attacks will be his gimics from the Donkey Kong Country games and an ability to summon a couple weak Kremlings, and Dixie's attacks include her hair, bubble gum, her guitar, and some other attacks which include Kiddy Kong.

THIS COULD ALL BE FAKE. MY SOURCE COULS BE LYING. TAKE THIS WITH A GRAIN OF SALT.

That callout at the beginning though. Got 'em. Seems reasonable enough for a direct "leak." Par for the course.
Alright, Nintendo will be doing another Nintendo Direct upcoming Thursday, here are some details of what you can expect.
>Undertale 1.5 for Nintendo Switch releasing 15 September
>Fallout New Vegas for Nintendo Switch - Holidays
>2 new Minecraft Maps, new skin pack
>Megaman 11 trailer
>Kirby Star Allies Dream Friends (what a surprise!)
>Light on some Nintendo Online features (including a system where you enter a code to join somebody's game kind of invite system)
>Go Vacation new minigames, uses the Joycon's for special gimmick minigames
>Reggie in somebody's house again announcing a Fortnite exclusive skin (Nintendo Online) for later this year
>FNaF 1 till 4 ported over, Sister Location and Freddy Fazbear's Pizzaria Simulator - August
>We Happy Few for Nintendo Switch - 2019
>Stardew Valley Multiplayer - October
>Mario Tennis Aces Update - August
>Mario Maker Port - Holidays
>Paladins F2P - August
>Pokemon Quest Update
>Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu & Evee Trailer
>Super Smash Bros Full Roster
>Reggie again broke into someone's house and got one final announcement
>Metroid Prime 4 Gameplay Trailer

Why the **** would we get the full ****ing roster for Smash Bros. this early on???
Alright Boys, we have sone leaks for Stages of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

>Radical Highway
>Ashley's Mansion
>Sarasaland
>Gangplank Galleon

That's all

Seems to hint at Ashley, K. Rool, and Shadow? Otherwise doesn't say much.
So there've been leaks that I've been seeing around YouTube and 4chan recently, and they've gotten a lot of attention. But I'm here to dispel these "leaks" (wishlists) and am here to detail some bits on a new character that will be coming in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, though there's only one character that I know of.

A playtester (known hereby as my informant) that often frequents a chatroom managed to play one of the new builds with this character, but has requested anonymity and I have to respect their wishes. This way, I at least have more access to knowledge about the character.

The character in question is a third Capcom representative, Leon S. Kennedy, from Resident Evil. My informant told me that his appearance is based off of the Resident Evil 2 Remake, to promote it.

The informant gave me a rundown of a few of Leon's moves, including some normals and specials. Some of Leon's normals include a three hit jab with his knife and a kick, a forward tilt that is his roundhouse, an uppercut up smash and a single kick neutral air.

Additionally, they told me that Leon surprisingly uses his handgun and fires it as his neutral special, a rocket launcher that deals massive damage as his side special and grenades that he can hold indefinitely as his down special move, of which there are three types: regular, flash and incendiary.

But they weren't able to tell me more about Leon's moveset since they ended up forgetting about some of the moves, but they told me that they will find out more in the coming days and give me a full detail of them. They do also recall that Leon was hard to knock off the stage and was somewhat average speed.

If my informant manages to find out anything more to Leon, I'll be posting additional information as soon as I can. I'd be more than welcome to share this when it comes.

This one kind of makes sense. It's on the feasible side of the leak spectrum.
Hey guys, I work at NoA. Smash is super super top secret BUT i already saw the trailer for this Friday. They were waiting for the Kirby update to reveal him along with a Kirby series echo fighter.

No i don't know anything else. i'm not privy to much and after this it could get tighter.

Bandana Dee trailer for Friday? Sounds good to me.
Gordon Freeman will be revealed in Smash Bros. in a month. All of your rumors about Reimu, Ashley, Marx, Waluigi, etc are now dead. Nintendo will reveal Gordon in a new Switch direct with a character from Fire Emblem: Three Houses. You'll see.

Bold claim. We'll see how it works out.
>Simon Belmont
>King K.Rool
>Incineroar
>Geno

Semi-clones:
>Shadow

Echoes
>Dark Samus
>Chrom
>Ninten

New stages: Gangplank Galleon, Valla, Dracula's Castle, Alolan Pokemon League

Regular old ****.

Lots of them today.
> Just Dance stage
> the whole damn roster being revealed

Also again with the Diablo 3 and Fallout 4... :thonk:

The Bandana Dee thing seems plausible though...but who could the Kirby echo be?

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
> Just Dance stage
> the whole damn roster being revealed

Also again with the Diablo 3 and Fallout 4... :thonk:

The Bandana Dee thing seems plausible though...but who could the Kirby echo be?
Dark Meta Knight or Galacta Knight come to mind first. Swole DDD as a DK Echo would be the dream though.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I fully completed the Pokedex in Alpha Sapphire with all Mythicals when they started giving them out for the 20th anniversary. I also have no idea why I did it.
I missed most of the Gen 6 Mythical giveaway. OTL

I think I got... Mew and Celebi, then I completely forgot about it for some reason.

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
Is anybody stilling doing that trailer thing? Because i wanna try my hand at that.

This trailer starts out like Cloud's trailer
Super Smash Bros
X...
after that we zoom through a flurry of manga panels until we abruptly stop at a logo...
Weekly Shounen Sunday
After that we get into gameplay of Mario, Pikachu, & Samus fighting on an unknown stage, until three fighters appear, the first being a slender looking figure with horns on her head, the second being some kind of wizard child, the third being male with a scarf.
The the first of the three reveals herself as...
LUM DOES IT FOR DARLING
*cue Lum gameplay*
After the gameplay we see that the second figure is..
ENMA KUN GETS THE GHOSTS
*cue Enma Kun gameplay*
Then after the gameplay the final figure is revealed to be...
009 ZAPS THE COMPETITION
*cue 009 gameplay*
We then get a look at the stage that Mario, Pikachu, & Samus were fighting on..
A travelling stage where you go to various locations from WSS mangas
The three does one of their taunts and the trailer ends.
The post credits scene is of Lum chilling out with Samus in her Zero Suit.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Reread it, I made the same mistake.

I’ve decided to limit the number of fighters initially available to the original Nintendo 64 roster.

I thought I was wrong (I mean I could still be) until I read it again. The initially available is reffering to the characters inititally available to Smash Switch not 64. So he's limiting the number of fighters to the original Nintendo 64 roster, which would be all 12 because again no one thinks of Melee's roster without including Marth.

The sentence you're arguing for would have read "I've decided to limit the number of fighters to those initially available to the original Nintendo 64 roster."

If the initially in the original sentence was reffering to the 64 game it instead reads as if Ultimate will ONLY have those characters. Anyway I'm over arguing the grammar of a sentence lol, sure whatever I could be wrong. As long as it's clear what he said. Sorry don't mean to be an *** hole.

EDIT: Greninja'd by a much shorter statement...oh well.
I still stand by Nintendo 64 Roster is pretty clearly all the characters in the game as he never said starting roster but meh.
I did reread it and realized I put emphasis on the wrong part of the sentence.
But I don't think it's a definitive statement either way

We'll just have to find out. Unless the Japanese words Sakurai used are more enlightening

Enderwoman

Smash Journeyman
Let your salt go.
as long as a smash fandom exists there will always be people mad that the game isn't appealing to either their nostalgia or arbitrary criteria for what belongs in the game

D

Deleted member

I missed most of the Gen 6 Mythical giveaway. OTL

I think I got... Mew and Celebi, then I completely forgot about it for some reason.
I mainly paid attention because it would be the first time I could get a legitimate Arceus. I'm still not really over them never distributing the Azure Flute because they thought it would be too cryptic or something.

Last edited by a moderator:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm not actually sure why that matters THAT much because we'll be unlocking those characters pretty quickly and soon it'll be a whole different game

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord

Also, about tutorials; isn't it weird that the first two generations were the ones that had faith that the player would be able to pick up on how the game works. XD
Oh, I've never completed a pokedex rip. I just meant beating the main game. I did pour hours into breeding up perfect IV pokemon to dunk on my friends in X and Y though. But yeah, mandatory tutorials are definitely a big part of the problem.

But with that said while the games as a whole are getting worse I still like a lot of the new Pokemon they're coming up with. I'm 100% game for Decidueye or Mimikyu getting in because I love their designs and ghost types are probably my #1 or #2 fav type.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom