• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dracyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dracyoshi
Umm, Skyward Sword's Lanayru area is a desert.
um... well it's been a few years since I've touched it so my memory is foggy. I was either in Lanayru or whatever the lava-filled dungeon is, then. I'll have to find the disc and boot the game back up to check.

btw, half of my last post was lost when I clicked submit. Here's what I added:
I'd personally love to see Reimu, as Touhou is definitely one of the more deserving indie series. Lots of longevity. I don't think Reimu would be out of place, either.
Shovel Knight would also be a great pick, although it's unfortunate that he's lost relevance lately...

KMDP

Smash Legend
Well, I've never played Shovel Knight, so I wouldn't really have much say in this. I think he would be pretty likely as an Assist Trophy though (bonus points if they use his sprite instead of a model like the Infantry and Excitebikers). It'd mean another uproar, sure, but it'd be a big step for Nindies.
Truthfully, I haven't played Shovel Knight either (I watched Let's Plays though, I can at least see it's a good game. :laugh:)

Personally, I don't think Indies are likely. The most likely, however, are Reimu and Shantae.

Touhou is a famous series of Shooter games, and popularised the Bullet Hell genre.
Shantae has a looooooooong history with Nintendo dating back to the GBC, and is still around today.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
um... well it's been a few years since I've touched it so my memory is foggy. I was either in Lanayru or whatever the lava-filled dungeon is, then. I'll have to find the disc and boot the game back up to check.

btw, half of my last post was lost when I clicked submit. Here's what I added:
I'd personally love to see Reimu, as Touhou is definitely one of the more deserving indie series. Lots of longevity. I don't think Reimu would be out of place, either.
Shovel Knight would also be a great pick, although it's unfortunate that he's lost relevance lately...
Skyward Sword has two lava-filled dungeons: Earth Temple (lol) and Fire Sanctuary, both of which are in Eldin. If you were confused about whether you were in Lanayru, then it's probably Fire Sanctuary as the Earth Temple is pretty early in the game BEFORE you get to Lanayru.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
oh boy, I feel you. Here's my current progress with each Zelda title:
Wind Waker HD: Wind Temple
Skyward Sword: Some lava filled Lanayru dungeon
Majora's Mask 3D: Woodfall Temple
A Link to the Past: The very beginning
Twilight Princess: Forest Temple
..and the real kickers
Breath of the Wild: Waiting for motivation to continue searching for the remaining few shrines before raiding Hyrule Castle & the final boss
OoT 3D: Outside of Ganon's Castle, waiting to do get the motivation to sidequests before fighting the final boss
Minish Cap: Hyrule Castle, in the room before the final boss. I still haven't attempted it
How have I bought so many Zelda games yet only finished A Link Between Worlds? It's so shameful.

Never give up! I've still got a backlog of different series I need to complete. I haven't even reached the best part of Uprising yet!

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Also, while I was off playing lots of Persona 5 doing important things, enough "leaks" came along for another session.
Hello everyone. As you all know, Ridley and the Inkling Girl were revealed to be in the 5th installment of the Super Smash Brothers Series. However, those aren’t the only newcomers that will join the roster. A Nintendo Direct will be held on Thursday the 26th of this month. I do not know what will be in this Direct but all I know is that at the end of the Direct, two new newcomers will be revealed. These newcomers will be King K. Roll and Dixie Kong. As for other newcomers, characters such as Geno, Decidueye, Bandana Waddle Dee, Simon Belmont, Chrome, Ninten (Echo Fighter of Ness,) Dark Samus (Echo Fighter of Samus,) Isabelle, and Chorus Kids will all get their part in Super Smash Bros Ultimate. I’ll see you all on the 26th!

“Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.” - Narcotics Anonymous

That quote came to mind when I was looking at this one, because it's the same as any other Smash Bros. leak. Like, do these people think that if they will it to be so it will happen? All of these characters are within the Top 20 most mentioned characters in "leaks." The lowest is Chrom, who is the 17th most mentioned character. An overall boring leak.
For obvious reasons, I won't explain how I got this information.

> King K. Rool
> Mallow (Geno implied to be a separate fighter)
> some sort of bird guy (NOT Decidueye, if anything he looked like he was from Zelda) (Revali?)
> "Rex-Rex" and Pyra
> a guy who I don't know at all that looks like a samurai boy, it didn't even "look Nintendo" (Travis? Lloyd or Yuri?)
> Dark Pit has new "species" just like Pichu (I have no idea what this was supposed to mean) (Hades? Dark Dark Pit??)
> "Johto" Pokémon Trainer with Totodile, Bayleef & Typholosion. The Pokémon looked gorgeous in screenshots, but the trainer model was just an alternate color (white to be specific) of the female Pokémon Trainer. I'm assuming it was just a placeholder.

Because of Geno I got a very strong impression there were a few more newcomers in this Smash, but I saw NO evidence of other popular "leaked" characters such as Ashley, Dixie Kong, Simon Belmont, Decidueye, and literally anyone that isn't listed above. I don't know anything else.

There was a good attempt here. It's better than the regular schtick. Points for setting itself out against the crowd.
There will be only four more characters announced for the game. Daisy is the only new echo fighter. Those characters are Simon, Banjo-Kazooie, Banana Dee and K.Rool. The first few DLC characters will be Dixie, Geno, and Rex & Pyra/Mythra. After that, the DLC characters are wide open, but you shouldn't expect major characters like Sora at least for a year, though there will be DLC past Rex & Pyra/Mythra. The last 4 characters will be announced closer to December, though I heard EVO might not be getting a character announcement, due to Nintendo wanting to promote other games in front of Smash in Directs instead.

Ashley, Kraid, Phantoom, Isaac (adult form from Dark Dawn), Rayman, Alucard, Wily, Shadow, Saki Amamiya, Isa Jo, Karate Joe, Dark Samus, Spring Man, Elma are all Assist Trophies. Mimikyu and Lycanroc are Pokeball Pokemon.

The [DLC] team is different from what Nintendo executives want and Nintendo executives wanted a plan on post launch content for the game, even if the dev team isn't working on that.

Bandana Dee is in due to fan request. Same with K.Rool.

(When asked about Goku): Both Nintendo execs and Sakurai want nothing to do with Goku getting in. He isn't even getting a trophy. Sakurai basically made his rules clear with third party characters: they MUST originate from Video Games, and that is a rule he isn't breaking for anyone.

(When asked about Banjo): Sakurai has always wanted to put Banjo in Smash game as far back as Melee. When Smash 4 came along, he asked Microsoft and Microsoft told him no, because they had no plans for any Rare properties back in 2012 when Smash 4 was being made. Keep in mind, this was before Killer Instinct was as successful as it was, which prompted a Rare revival of sorts with Rare Replay, which was a two fold project to see if people wanted more Rare games and to see if people would actually buy them. This is why Duck Hunt Dog has a BK skin in Smash 4. When it came time to ask again, Banjo got in, but only if Microsoft was able to add another character at a much later date, which may be Rash or Steve from Minecraft.

(When asked about who they are and how they got their information): I'm the dude who leaked the Uncanny Edition info from a month ago. Believe it or not, there are people who despise working for Nintendo, to the point they will leak things out of malice and not for hype points.

(When asked about how long we should expect DLC): About as long as Smash 4 had DLC characters and stages, which was about two years give or take. It depends on how long the Switch lasts and what Nintendo's plans are for the console really.

I think this one might be true, this guy is apparently the person who leaked the Uncanny Edition of MvCI, which is surely true. Prominent fighting game youtuber Maximillian Dood, who is much more knowledgable about this than me, even commented on it:

Wait, so it's not true, and MvCI is a dead game? That's news to me. /s

Joking aside, Mr. leakerman messed up the moment they mentioned the Uncanny Edition leak. Not only is their "leak" contingent on another now, but they've placed all of their cards into a dead game and up against Vergeben, who claims that MvCI's development has ended.
You don't even get the "You didn't try Square," that's how bad this one is.
Smash leak

Hey guys. A source of mine working at Bandai Namco has relayed some information my way. There's 5 unannounced characters, not including echo fighters which I'll get into. The characters are:

King K. Rool
Geno
Rayman
Bandana Waddle Dee
Karate Joe

This information comes from the project planning documents, as Sakurai picks most of if not all of his roster early on. When he said don't expect too many new fighters he was serious.
Sakurai includes a list of potential echo fighters, but due to how echo fighters are developed, only a select few are realistically going to make it in. Some potential echo fighters include:

Dixie Kong
Baby Mario and Baby Luigi
Chrom
Dark Samus

A 2nd Ballot is planned right after release, and will determine multiple DLC characters. Specific DLC characters aren't included in the plan, as Sakurai wants to sell the game as complete as possible, and plans on DLC being for fan requests and characters from games that came after the first plans were complete.

Sakurai doesn't include a schedule of announcements or anything like that, so that information is not available to me.

Don't you love it when people post gory pics on 4chan threads that have nothing to do with them? Me neither, which is part of why I stopped sharing links. Anyways, this leak is boring. That's it.
Say what you will if this is fake. Soon you guys will be proven wrong. I like to share on major information about Smash Brothers Ultimate. Let me say that this is the LAST smash brothers game Sakurai is going to make! He is really giving it his all this time around. Getting all these characters together was all for a reason and a challenge. Many leaks online have been right about a few things such as characters and new stages but i'm here to settle this straight!

( Newcomers )

* King K. Rool - looks exactly like his trophy from WiiU/3DS, with the addition of his Rare look as an alternate skin. Captain K Rool is also a skin
* Geno - borrows all his moves from his games
* Simon Belmont - Has insane range due to his whip. Throws crosses and his design is based off of his first appearance from the original Castlevania game
* Decidueye - Has one of the best recoveries in the game and he shoots his arrows as well
* Elma - He has her swords and her guns as her move set. Her final smash is a cool cutscene
* Skull Kid - uses a lot of magic and his final smash is a cutscene of him throwing the moon on top of his oppenents

( Semi Fighters )

*Dixie Kong -Fights like Diddy kong. Her up B is literally the same as donkey Kongs but she uses her hair instead. She also grabs with her hair and her taunt is her playing the guitar
*Shadow the Hedgehog -Netural B is the same as sonic's. He doesn't move like sonic do to his shoes. Final Smash is Super Shadow and works the same way as sonic's final smash

( echo fighters )

*Chrom - he is a faster verison of Ike
*Blood Falcon - He is pretty much a character swap for Falcon just like Alph and the Koopalings. Voice for blood Falcon is different. Eric Kelso from the original 2003 F Zero is coming back to voice his lines for the character
*Ms. Pac Man - She is as well a character swap

( DLC )

DlC is a bit hard right now to figure out because the game is still being made right and that is the main focus of the project. For sure, there will be a Microsoft Rep. Sakurai has been very secretive about this. I've also heard rumors that Smash will be getting some type of Minecraft representation and also that they are considering Shovel Knight to be a planned DLC character as well

I do not know when these characters will be revealed but I know some will be revealed through a direct near the release date of the game. Other fighters you will find out by playing the game itself.

Here is some extra information

( Game modes )

Target Blast
Smash Run
Smash tour
Tournament mode
Home run contest
Multiman melee
Adventure mode ( not story mode )
classic mode
All star mode

Also I would like to give some facts about Online. For Fun and For Glory will return. You'll be able to play as your Miis online on both modes with costume outfits. On for glory, the game will choose randomly between only final destination and battle field forms of stages. Tournaments can be made by players themselves however they like and up to 64 players can join. Smash Run, Smash Tour will also be featured online

This is all the information I have. Once the game comes out, people will start to see that this is pretty much true.

Your typical, run of the mill leak. This time with a side of game modes. This would make for a pretty good Smash Bros. game though. Shame it's likely fake.

Also, just to comment on the blurry full roster "leak," I give the "leaker" definite points for trying. However, it's clear that the CSS is messed up and that the newcomer renders are stolen off the internet. Better than a text leak I guess.

I feel like at this rate I could make a meta 4chan "leak" thread, with all of the common tropes. I might actually do that for kicks.

Sure, but I'm having trouble actually seeing exactly what its impact on videogame history is right now since it's still relatively recent and people are still forming their opinions.
bu-bu-but Mattpatt gave Undertale to teh Pope! That means that Undertale is the bestest video game evar because the Pope played it!

I hate myself just for typing that.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
I am of the Indie opinion that the most deserving by far to be an indie in Smash is either Reimu from Touhou or Quote from Cave Story. Both are classic examples of the indie success. Both are made by one person, with nothing but time, effort, and love.

Plus they can do cool stuff.
Quote is basically the only indie character I would get excited about being in Smash. Most of the rest are just flash-in-the-pan cult favorites.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Also, while I was off playing lots of Persona 5 doing important things, enough "leaks" came along for another session.
Hello everyone. As you all know, Ridley and the Inkling Girl were revealed to be in the 5th installment of the Super Smash Brothers Series. However, those aren’t the only newcomers that will join the roster. A Nintendo Direct will be held on Thursday the 26th of this month. I do not know what will be in this Direct but all I know is that at the end of the Direct, two new newcomers will be revealed. These newcomers will be King K. Roll and Dixie Kong. As for other newcomers, characters such as Geno, Decidueye, Bandana Waddle Dee, Simon Belmont, Chrome, Ninten (Echo Fighter of Ness,) Dark Samus (Echo Fighter of Samus,) Isabelle, and Chorus Kids will all get their part in Super Smash Bros Ultimate. I’ll see you all on the 26th!

“Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.” - Narcotics Anonymous

That quote came to mind when I was looking at this one, because it's the same as any other Smash Bros. leak. Like, do these people think that if they will it to be so it will happen? All of these characters are within the Top 20 most mentioned characters in "leaks." The lowest is Chrom, who is the 17th most mentioned character. An overall boring leak.

> King K. Rool
> some sort of bird guy (NOT Decidueye, if anything he looked like he was from Zelda) (Revali?)
> "Rex-Rex" and Pyra
> a guy who I don't know at all that looks like a samurai boy, it didn't even "look Nintendo" (Travis? Lloyd or Yuri?)
> Dark Pit has new "species" just like Pichu (I have no idea what this was supposed to mean) (Hades? Dark Dark Pit??)
> "Johto" Pokémon Trainer with Totodile, Bayleef & Typholosion. The Pokémon looked gorgeous in screenshots, but the trainer model was just an alternate color (white to be specific) of the female Pokémon Trainer. I'm assuming it was just a placeholder.

Because of Geno I got a very strong impression there were a few more newcomers in this Smash, but I saw NO evidence of other popular "leaked" characters such as Ashley, Dixie Kong, Simon Belmont, Decidueye, and literally anyone that isn't listed above. I don't know anything else.

There was a good attempt here. It's better than the regular schtick. Points for setting itself out against the crowd.
There will be only four more characters announced for the game. Daisy is the only new echo fighter. Those characters are Simon, Banjo-Kazooie, Banana Dee and K.Rool. The first few DLC characters will be Dixie, Geno, and Rex & Pyra/Mythra. After that, the DLC characters are wide open, but you shouldn't expect major characters like Sora at least for a year, though there will be DLC past Rex & Pyra/Mythra. The last 4 characters will be announced closer to December, though I heard EVO might not be getting a character announcement, due to Nintendo wanting to promote other games in front of Smash in Directs instead.

Ashley, Kraid, Phantoom, Isaac (adult form from Dark Dawn), Rayman, Alucard, Wily, Shadow, Saki Amamiya, Isa Jo, Karate Joe, Dark Samus, Spring Man, Elma are all Assist Trophies. Mimikyu and Lycanroc are Pokeball Pokemon.

The [DLC] team is different from what Nintendo executives want and Nintendo executives wanted a plan on post launch content for the game, even if the dev team isn't working on that.

(When asked about Goku): Both Nintendo execs and Sakurai want nothing to do with Goku getting in. He isn't even getting a trophy. Sakurai basically made his rules clear with third party characters: they MUST originate from Video Games, and that is a rule he isn't breaking for anyone.

(When asked about Banjo): Sakurai has always wanted to put Banjo in Smash game as far back as Melee. When Smash 4 came along, he asked Microsoft and Microsoft told him no, because they had no plans for any Rare properties back in 2012 when Smash 4 was being made. Keep in mind, this was before Killer Instinct was as successful as it was, which prompted a Rare revival of sorts with Rare Replay, which was a two fold project to see if people wanted more Rare games and to see if people would actually buy them. This is why Duck Hunt Dog has a BK skin in Smash 4. When it came time to ask again, Banjo got in, but only if Microsoft was able to add another character at a much later date, which may be Rash or Steve from Minecraft.

(When asked about who they are and how they got their information): I'm the dude who leaked the Uncanny Edition info from a month ago. Believe it or not, there are people who despise working for Nintendo, to the point they will leak things out of malice and not for hype points.

(When asked about how long we should expect DLC): About as long as Smash 4 had DLC characters and stages, which was about two years give or take. It depends on how long the Switch lasts and what Nintendo's plans are for the console really.

I think this one might be true, this guy is apparently the person who leaked the Uncanny Edition of MvCI, which is surely true. Prominent fighting game youtuber Maximillian Dood, who is much more knowledgable about this than me, even commented on it:

Joking aside, Mr. leakerman messed up the moment they mentioned the Uncanny Edition leak. Not only is their "leak" contingent on another now, but they've placed all of their cards into a dead game and up against Vergeben, who claims that MvCI's development has ended.
Smash leak

Hey guys. A source of mine working at Bandai Namco has relayed some information my way. There's 5 unannounced characters, not including echo fighters which I'll get into. The characters are:

King K. Rool
Geno
Rayman
Bandana Waddle Dee
Karate Joe

This information comes from the project planning documents, as Sakurai picks most of if not all of his roster early on. When he said don't expect too many new fighters he was serious.
Sakurai includes a list of potential echo fighters, but due to how echo fighters are developed, only a select few are realistically going to make it in. Some potential echo fighters include:

Dixie Kong
Chrom
Dark Samus

A 2nd Ballot is planned right after release, and will determine multiple DLC characters. Specific DLC characters aren't included in the plan, as Sakurai wants to sell the game as complete as possible, and plans on DLC being for fan requests and characters from games that came after the first plans were complete.

Sakurai doesn't include a schedule of announcements or anything like that, so that information is not available to me.

Don't you love it when people post gory pics on 4chan threads that have nothing to do with them? Me neither, which is part of why I stopped sharing links. Anyways, this leak is boring. That's it.
Say what you will if this is fake. Soon you guys will be proven wrong. I like to share on major information about Smash Brothers Ultimate. Let me say that this is the LAST smash brothers game Sakurai is going to make! He is really giving it his all this time around. Getting all these characters together was all for a reason and a challenge. Many leaks online have been right about a few things such as characters and new stages but i'm here to settle this straight!

( Newcomers )

* King K. Rool - looks exactly like his trophy from WiiU/3DS, with the addition of his Rare look as an alternate skin. Captain K Rool is also a skin
* Simon Belmont - Has insane range due to his whip. Throws crosses and his design is based off of his first appearance from the original Castlevania game
* Decidueye - Has one of the best recoveries in the game and he shoots his arrows as well
* Elma - He has her swords and her guns as her move set. Her final smash is a cool cutscene
* Skull Kid - uses a lot of magic and his final smash is a cutscene of him throwing the moon on top of his oppenents

( Semi Fighters )

*Dixie Kong -Fights like Diddy kong. Her up B is literally the same as donkey Kongs but she uses her hair instead. She also grabs with her hair and her taunt is her playing the guitar
*Shadow the Hedgehog -Netural B is the same as sonic's. He doesn't move like sonic do to his shoes. Final Smash is Super Shadow and works the same way as sonic's final smash

( echo fighters )

*Blood Falcon - He is pretty much a character swap for Falcon just like Alph and the Koopalings. Voice for blood Falcon is different. Eric Kelso from the original 2003 F Zero is coming back to voice his lines for the character

( DLC )

DlC is a bit hard right now to figure out because the game is still being made right and that is the main focus of the project. For sure, there will be a Microsoft Rep. Sakurai has been very secretive about this. I've also heard rumors that Smash will be getting some type of Minecraft representation and also that they are considering Shovel Knight to be a planned DLC character as well

I do not know when these characters will be revealed but I know some will be revealed through a direct near the release date of the game. Other fighters you will find out by playing the game itself.

( Game modes )

Target Blast
Smash Run
Smash tour
Tournament mode
Home run contest
Multiman melee
classic mode
All star mode

Also I would like to give some facts about Online. For Fun and For Glory will return. You'll be able to play as your Miis online on both modes with costume outfits. On for glory, the game will choose randomly between only final destination and battle field forms of stages. Tournaments can be made by players themselves however they like and up to 64 players can join. Smash Run, Smash Tour will also be featured online

This is all the information I have. Once the game comes out, people will start to see that this is pretty much true.

Your typical, run of the mill leak. This time with a side of game modes. This would make for a pretty good Smash Bros. game though. Shame it's likely fake.

Also, just to comment on the blurry full roster "leak," I give the "leaker" definite points for trying. However, it's clear that the CSS is messed up and that the newcomer renders are stolen off the internet. Better than a text leak I guess.

I feel like at this rate I could make a meta 4chan "leak" thread, with all of the common tropes. I might actually do that for kicks.
You know, with all these leaks and the claim that they're being pumped out by people hired by Nintendo themselves... what if...

We think it's a False Flag Operation, but it's actually a Kansas City Shuffle.

The leakers are intentionally bombarding the community with leaks, and we know they're not "real" leaks, so we disregard them; but each leaker actually includes something true in the leak, so that we, knowing that the leaks are wholly fake, ignore them entirely.

When the real leaks start flowing (and they will) we'll have seen everything already and "know" to just disregard them.
User: Hey, there's this leak that shows characters X, Y, and Z in them.
Other User: Ah, that's just piggybacking off of leaks 156, 251 and 348, it's fake.

*trailers release*
WHAAAAAT? Character X, Y and Z are in the game after all!?

Last edited:

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
In terms of indies, I think I follow the same train of thought as a few others. I think Shantae and Reimu have the biggest chances of Indies. Shantae has history and a decent fanbase in Japan and Reimu is the queen of the JP indie scene with a sizable worldwide fanbase too. Ultimately, I don't find Shovel Knight likely for being a new kid on the block. He's popular sure, but his franchise isn't historic and only has one real game under it's belt. This relates to Quote as well. It may be popular, but it's life as a franchise (if it even continues) has just started.

osby

Smash Obsessed
You know, with all these leaks and the claim that they're being pumped out by people hired by Nintendo themselves... what if...

The leakers are intentionally bombarding the community with leaks, and we know they're not "real" leaks, so we disregard them; but each leaker actually includes something true in the leak, so that we, knowing that the leaks are wholly fake, ignore them entirely.

Are you sure that hat is strong enough?

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord

> King K. Rool
> "Rex-Rex" and Pyra

Smash leak

King K. Rool
Geno
Rayman
Bandana Waddle Dee
Karate Joe

Dixie Kong
Chrom
Dark Samus

( Newcomers )

( Semi Fighters )

( echo fighters )

( DLC )

( Game modes )

Target Blast
Smash Run
Smash tour
Tournament mode
Home run contest
Multiman melee
classic mode
All star mode

bu-bu-but Mattpatt gave Undertale to teh Pope! That means that Undertale is the bestest video game evar because the Pope played it!

I hate myself just for typing that.
Giving you my condolences now for when July passes with no Dixie and K. Rool announcement and you have to throw half of the leaks into the graveyard.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Giving you my condolences now for when July passes with no Dixie and K. Rool announcement and you have to throw half of the leaks into the graveyard.
There are only 43 "leaks" that mention a July-based announcement. I've currently got 223 living "leaks" documented, so it's actually 20%, which is still a lot.

Pointless semantics aside, thank you. I'm more dreading when we get an actual character reveal and I have to go through every single leak that doesn't have them to see if it's a static list. Especially if said character is in 10 or less "leaks." Then I'll really have my work cut out for me.

When the real leaks start flowing (and they will) we'll have seen everything already and "know" to just disregard them.
User: Hey, there's this leak that shows characters X, Y, and Z in them.
Other User: Ah, that's just piggybacking off of leaks 156, 251 and 348, it's fake.

*trailers release*
WHAAAAAT? Character X, Y and Z are in the game after all!?
You joke, but we're actually nearing 300 "leaks" total (currently 223 are alive and 66 are in the graveyard).

Did I say we'd have around 500+ by release? Because I'd like to change that estimate. We'll likely have more towards 1000+ "leaks" by then at the current rate that things are going.
c4jt321.png

Last edited:

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
There are only 43 "leaks" that mention a July-based announcement. I've currently got 223 living "leaks" documented, so it's actually 20%, which is still a lot.

Pointless semantics aside, thank you. I'm more dreading when we get an actual character reveal and I have to go through every single leak that doesn't have them to see if it's a static list. Especially if said character is in 10 or less "leaks." Then I'll really have my work cut out for me.

You joke, but we're actually nearing 300 "leaks" total (currently 223 are alive and 66 are in the graveyard).

Did I say we'd have around 500+ by release? Because I'd like to change that estimate. We'll likely have more towards 1000+ "leaks" by then at the current rate that things are going.
i want to see this graveyard omg.

...So, need a data entry specialist? :laugh:

KMDP

Smash Legend
I wasn't actually joking with that line, I made an educated guess as to how many leaks you probably have (~300), then bumped up the number slightly. XD

Last edited:

Zeox

Smash Champion
So, new leak in 4chan, dunno if you guys talk about it:
MDliXRE.jpg

Is real? is fake? don't worry, our friends from /v/ already have the answer:

So yeah, nothing to see here, but at least it wasn't a lazy text leak

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

Yeah, we went over it...

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
The thing I find funny is if we ever get a real image leak it's not going to be completely blurry, be black silhouettes, or only show the character icon but not the actual model. It's going to be like the ESRB leak of the Smash 4 days and we will be able to tell who the roster is just fine. Anything that is hard to make out is an obvious mock up so the person making the image doesn't have to go full effort in making a believable image leak.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Apparently, yet another Smash Bros. clone popped up, and it's not so hot.
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...he_classic_super_smash_bros_formula_on_switch
>guest fighters
>indies
>AAA game characters
>comic book industry characters
Yeah, just downright pie-in-the-sky dreaming. I don't see it last any more than five months.

I actually think Red was voiced by Samuel Vincent (Double D from Ed, Edd n Eddy). Though I could be wrong.
It'd be cool, since the Ocean Group barely gets work these days. The last time I heard of one of their regulars being in a Nintendo game was Richard Newman's award-worthy performance as Bear Hugger in Punch-Out.

Hmm...

He... actually looks fairly on model. But that character select screen photo... hoo boy... ear-searing.
You know you do an awful job when your photo somehow manages to hurt someone's ears.

Well, whoever's next in line concerning popularity, the fans will be stagnating from ignoring them in the same vein that I stagnate from completing Wind Waker (2 files, just prior to Ganon. Please just hit me with a light arrow and be done with it).
Judging by the Source Gaming poll, I'd say either Bandana Dee, Shovel Knight, or... heck, let me just link the list for your viewballs.
It'd be cool if people support Crash, especially in light of VV's five-year contract for him.

Truthfully, I haven't played Shovel Knight either (I watched Let's Plays though, I can at least see it's a good game. :laugh:)

Personally, I don't think Indies are likely. The most likely, however, are Reimu and Shantae.

Touhou is a famous series of Shooter games, and popularised the Bullet Hell genre.
Shantae has a looooooooong history with Nintendo dating back to the GBC, and is still around today.
In terms of indies, I think I follow the same train of thought as a few others. I think Shantae and Reimu have the biggest chances of Indies. Shantae has history and a decent fanbase in Japan and Reimu is the queen of the JP indie scene with a sizable worldwide fanbase too. Ultimately, I don't find Shovel Knight likely for being a new kid on the block. He's popular sure, but his franchise isn't historic and only has one real game under it's belt. This relates to Quote as well. It may be popular, but it's life as a franchise (if it even continues) has just started.
Yeah, Shantae is the most likely by far. She blends in pretty well, has managed to stay relevant, and has massive moveset potential.

Also, from what I know in regards to Cave Story, it keeps getting rereleased, yet Daisuke Amaya almost seems like he'd rather make different games than get around to doing its sequel.

The absolute state of leaks:

T-Hell

Smash Lord

It's obviously fake because Isaac is a photoshopped Little M..
It's fake because it's blurry as ****, so lame.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule

Why does every fake leak think that taking pictures with a potato make it more believable? What, you need to take your picture as fast as possible becasue someone saw you?

Does anyone remember the ESRB leak? That was a picture of a TV, but it did make everything recognizable at least.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Considering the blog update, you guys think customs are back or Mii Exclusive?
While it's impossible to know currently, I wouldn't rule out the possibility of Customs returning (just not in the form Palutena had).

KMDP

Smash Legend

Why does every fake leak think that taking pictures with a potato make it more believable? What, you need to take your picture as fast as possible becasue someone saw you?

Does anyone remember the ESRB leak? That was a picture of a TV, but it did make everything recognizable at least.
The main image of the ESRB leak.

Barely blurry at all, shows 99% of the screen.
Seriously, that 'leak' is like the total opposite of it.
Is it really a surprise? Rare used to sneak in innuendo-based humor all the time.
Headcanon: "Kinky Kong" is who Kiddy Kong grew up into, and that's why he hasn't appeared since. :laugh:

Last edited:

Danpal65

Smash Lord
The main image of the ESRB leak.

Barely blurry at all, shows 99% of the screen.
Seriously, that 'leak' is like the total opposite of it.

Headcanon: "Kinky Kong" is who Kiddy Kong grew up into, and that's why he hasn't appeared since. :laugh:
Still weirds me out that Shulk is on there twice :p

KMDP

Smash Legend
Still weirds me out that Shulk is on there twice :p
I thought it was Mega Man. How many fighters photoshopped from Shulk, exactly?
Little Mac is a photoshopped Ike! Shulk is a photoshopped Little Mac! Roy is a photoshopped Shulk! Isaac is a photoshopped Roy! Saki is a photoshopped Isaac!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom