• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Sure, but I'm having trouble actually seeing exactly what its impact on videogame history is right now since it's still relatively recent and people are still forming their opinions.
I don't think it necessarily had an impact on gaming, people just like it alot. I've played it before. I don't really see anything that makes it stand out from other games. The multiple endings, i guess? but then again. so many games have that.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I don't think it necessarily had an impact on gaming, people just like it alot. I've played it before. I don't really see anything that makes it stand out from other games. The multiple endings, i guess? but then again. so many games have that.
Undertale's "impact" on gaming is that it actively punishes you (mostly via guilt tripping) for taking the murderous options.

Of course, no game before had ever done that before.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Also, while I was off playing lots of Persona 5 doing important things, enough "leaks" came along for another session.
Hello everyone. As you all know, Ridley and the Inkling Girl were revealed to be in the 5th installment of the Super Smash Brothers Series. However, those aren’t the only newcomers that will join the roster. A Nintendo Direct will be held on Thursday the 26th of this month. I do not know what will be in this Direct but all I know is that at the end of the Direct, two new newcomers will be revealed. These newcomers will be King K. Roll and Dixie Kong. As for other newcomers, characters such as Geno, Decidueye, Bandana Waddle Dee, Simon Belmont, Chrome, Ninten (Echo Fighter of Ness,) Dark Samus (Echo Fighter of Samus,) Isabelle, and Chorus Kids will all get their part in Super Smash Bros Ultimate. I’ll see you all on the 26th!

“Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.” - Narcotics Anonymous

That quote came to mind when I was looking at this one, because it's the same as any other Smash Bros. leak. Like, do these people think that if they will it to be so it will happen? All of these characters are within the Top 20 most mentioned characters in "leaks." The lowest is Chrom, who is the 17th most mentioned character. An overall boring leak.
For obvious reasons, I won't explain how I got this information.

> King K. Rool
> Mallow (Geno implied to be a separate fighter)
> some sort of bird guy (NOT Decidueye, if anything he looked like he was from Zelda) (Revali?)
> "Rex-Rex" and Pyra
> a guy who I don't know at all that looks like a samurai boy, it didn't even "look Nintendo" (Travis? Lloyd or Yuri?)
> Dark Pit has new "species" just like Pichu (I have no idea what this was supposed to mean) (Hades? Dark Dark Pit??)
> "Johto" Pokémon Trainer with Totodile, Bayleef & Typholosion. The Pokémon looked gorgeous in screenshots, but the trainer model was just an alternate color (white to be specific) of the female Pokémon Trainer. I'm assuming it was just a placeholder.

Because of Geno I got a very strong impression there were a few more newcomers in this Smash, but I saw NO evidence of other popular "leaked" characters such as Ashley, Dixie Kong, Simon Belmont, Decidueye, and literally anyone that isn't listed above. I don't know anything else.

There was a good attempt here. It's better than the regular schtick. Points for setting itself out against the crowd.
There will be only four more characters announced for the game. Daisy is the only new echo fighter. Those characters are Simon, Banjo-Kazooie, Banana Dee and K.Rool. The first few DLC characters will be Dixie, Geno, and Rex & Pyra/Mythra. After that, the DLC characters are wide open, but you shouldn't expect major characters like Sora at least for a year, though there will be DLC past Rex & Pyra/Mythra. The last 4 characters will be announced closer to December, though I heard EVO might not be getting a character announcement, due to Nintendo wanting to promote other games in front of Smash in Directs instead.

Ashley, Kraid, Phantoom, Isaac (adult form from Dark Dawn), Rayman, Alucard, Wily, Shadow, Saki Amamiya, Isa Jo, Karate Joe, Dark Samus, Spring Man, Elma are all Assist Trophies. Mimikyu and Lycanroc are Pokeball Pokemon.

The [DLC] team is different from what Nintendo executives want and Nintendo executives wanted a plan on post launch content for the game, even if the dev team isn't working on that.

Bandana Dee is in due to fan request. Same with K.Rool.

(When asked about Goku): Both Nintendo execs and Sakurai want nothing to do with Goku getting in. He isn't even getting a trophy. Sakurai basically made his rules clear with third party characters: they MUST originate from Video Games, and that is a rule he isn't breaking for anyone.

(When asked about Banjo): Sakurai has always wanted to put Banjo in Smash game as far back as Melee. When Smash 4 came along, he asked Microsoft and Microsoft told him no, because they had no plans for any Rare properties back in 2012 when Smash 4 was being made. Keep in mind, this was before Killer Instinct was as successful as it was, which prompted a Rare revival of sorts with Rare Replay, which was a two fold project to see if people wanted more Rare games and to see if people would actually buy them. This is why Duck Hunt Dog has a BK skin in Smash 4. When it came time to ask again, Banjo got in, but only if Microsoft was able to add another character at a much later date, which may be Rash or Steve from Minecraft.

(When asked about who they are and how they got their information): I'm the dude who leaked the Uncanny Edition info from a month ago. Believe it or not, there are people who despise working for Nintendo, to the point they will leak things out of malice and not for hype points.

(When asked about how long we should expect DLC): About as long as Smash 4 had DLC characters and stages, which was about two years give or take. It depends on how long the Switch lasts and what Nintendo's plans are for the console really.

I think this one might be true, this guy is apparently the person who leaked the Uncanny Edition of MvCI, which is surely true. Prominent fighting game youtuber Maximillian Dood, who is much more knowledgable about this than me, even commented on it:

Wait, so it's not true, and MvCI is a dead game? That's news to me. /s

Joking aside, Mr. leakerman messed up the moment they mentioned the Uncanny Edition leak. Not only is their "leak" contingent on another now, but they've placed all of their cards into a dead game and up against Vergeben, who claims that MvCI's development has ended.
You don't even get the "You didn't try Square," that's how bad this one is.
Smash leak

Hey guys. A source of mine working at Bandai Namco has relayed some information my way. There's 5 unannounced characters, not including echo fighters which I'll get into. The characters are:

King K. Rool
Geno
Rayman
Bandana Waddle Dee
Karate Joe

This information comes from the project planning documents, as Sakurai picks most of if not all of his roster early on. When he said don't expect too many new fighters he was serious.
Sakurai includes a list of potential echo fighters, but due to how echo fighters are developed, only a select few are realistically going to make it in. Some potential echo fighters include:

Dixie Kong
Baby Mario and Baby Luigi
Chrom
Dark Samus

A 2nd Ballot is planned right after release, and will determine multiple DLC characters. Specific DLC characters aren't included in the plan, as Sakurai wants to sell the game as complete as possible, and plans on DLC being for fan requests and characters from games that came after the first plans were complete.

Sakurai doesn't include a schedule of announcements or anything like that, so that information is not available to me.

Don't you love it when people post gory pics on 4chan threads that have nothing to do with them? Me neither, which is part of why I stopped sharing links. Anyways, this leak is boring. That's it.
Say what you will if this is fake. Soon you guys will be proven wrong. I like to share on major information about Smash Brothers Ultimate. Let me say that this is the LAST smash brothers game Sakurai is going to make! He is really giving it his all this time around. Getting all these characters together was all for a reason and a challenge. Many leaks online have been right about a few things such as characters and new stages but i'm here to settle this straight!

( Newcomers )

* King K. Rool - looks exactly like his trophy from WiiU/3DS, with the addition of his Rare look as an alternate skin. Captain K Rool is also a skin
* Geno - borrows all his moves from his games
* Simon Belmont - Has insane range due to his whip. Throws crosses and his design is based off of his first appearance from the original Castlevania game
* Decidueye - Has one of the best recoveries in the game and he shoots his arrows as well
* Elma - He has her swords and her guns as her move set. Her final smash is a cool cutscene
* Skull Kid - uses a lot of magic and his final smash is a cutscene of him throwing the moon on top of his oppenents

( Semi Fighters )

*Dixie Kong -Fights like Diddy kong. Her up B is literally the same as donkey Kongs but she uses her hair instead. She also grabs with her hair and her taunt is her playing the guitar
*Shadow the Hedgehog -Netural B is the same as sonic's. He doesn't move like sonic do to his shoes. Final Smash is Super Shadow and works the same way as sonic's final smash

( echo fighters )

*Chrom - he is a faster verison of Ike
*Blood Falcon - He is pretty much a character swap for Falcon just like Alph and the Koopalings. Voice for blood Falcon is different. Eric Kelso from the original 2003 F Zero is coming back to voice his lines for the character
*Ms. Pac Man - She is as well a character swap

( DLC )

DlC is a bit hard right now to figure out because the game is still being made right and that is the main focus of the project. For sure, there will be a Microsoft Rep. Sakurai has been very secretive about this. I've also heard rumors that Smash will be getting some type of Minecraft representation and also that they are considering Shovel Knight to be a planned DLC character as well

I do not know when these characters will be revealed but I know some will be revealed through a direct near the release date of the game. Other fighters you will find out by playing the game itself.

Here is some extra information

( Game modes )

Target Blast
Smash Run
Smash tour
Tournament mode
Home run contest
Multiman melee
Adventure mode ( not story mode )
classic mode
All star mode

Also I would like to give some facts about Online. For Fun and For Glory will return. You'll be able to play as your Miis online on both modes with costume outfits. On for glory, the game will choose randomly between only final destination and battle field forms of stages. Tournaments can be made by players themselves however they like and up to 64 players can join. Smash Run, Smash Tour will also be featured online

This is all the information I have. Once the game comes out, people will start to see that this is pretty much true.

Your typical, run of the mill leak. This time with a side of game modes. This would make for a pretty good Smash Bros. game though. Shame it's likely fake.

Also, just to comment on the blurry full roster "leak," I give the "leaker" definite points for trying. However, it's clear that the CSS is messed up and that the newcomer renders are stolen off the internet. Better than a text leak I guess.

I feel like at this rate I could make a meta 4chan "leak" thread, with all of the common tropes. I might actually do that for kicks.

bu-bu-but Mattpatt gave Undertale to teh Pope! That means that Undertale is the bestest video game evar because the Pope played it!

I hate myself just for typing that.
> Elma as an AT in Leak 1

Also as I mentioned these leaks just seem to be piggybacking off each other with the whole “K. Rool and Dixie WILL be announced together this month u gaiz” thing

Just watch what happens if we do get a surprise trailer this month but it’s NOT those two, lmao

KMDP

Smash Legend
Just watch what happens if we do get a surprise trailer this month but it’s NOT those two, lmao
Yeah, it's a dual reveal but it's Isaac and Amaterasu, both characters related in some fashion to the sun.

Last edited:

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Heh, I saw people rating Monster Hunter today.

What if Monster Hunter ends up being a DLC character? Would you buy him/her? Would you be excited?
Well there's one Capcom character I want above all other Capcom characters, but considering how much fun I had playing MH World (it was my first MH game ever), I can easily say yes give me Monster Hunter for DLC, they would probably tie with Ammy for most wanted Capcom character, and that's saying something. I'd definitely be excited just do it like in their game for Smash, both genders, and amazing armor to chose from. Why didn't I think about them sooner? Now I'm getting more excited.
Considering I gave it a Want rating of 100%?
And also wrote an entire paragraph about how cash money they would be?
Yes.
All my money. All my excitement.
I'd link it, but it's easy enough to find.
Just check this out and tell me this isn't the coolest:
You know, at first I thought they be this super slow character with a big sword. I told myself, "Not my style, but it's MH we're talking about, as long as they have a sword I can handle a slow character" (like Ike or *shiver* brawl Link).

Then I see your video. "Oh so I'm right she using that slow Great Sword, oh well I'm not that gun ho for Infinite (who is) but, let's watch."...
My reaction afterwards

What in world was that?!... And why aren't they in Smash already?!

To combine my 2 of my top 6 favorite weapons (Dual Blades and Bow), and use them as combos... GENIUS! If Monster Hunter comes to smash, THIS is how I want to them play like. If they swap the Great Sword with the Switch Axe (4th favorite weapon), I'd be over the moon.

She's easily tied with my most wanted Capcom newcomer. All my money, all my excitement indeed.

KMDP

Smash Legend
New game!

Come up with a Smash Reveal schedule for each month, each Direct having two characters who are related via some concept. They can't be from the same series.

Bonus idea: Don't state the characters' conceptual relationship, let other people try and guess what they are. :laugh:
July: Isaac and Amaterasu
August: K. Rool and Shantae
September: Geno and Shadow the Hedgehog
October: Ashley and Simon Belmont
November: Dixie Kong and Miles "Tails" Prower

Last edited:

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Considering the blog update, you guys think customs are back or Mii Exclusive?
Mii exclusive. I don't think they would feel the need to say "Miis can choose between 3 specials for each type" if everyone had the option to do so.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
New game!

Come up with a Smash Reveal schedule for each month, each Direct having two characters who are related via some concept. They can't be from the same series.

Bonus idea: Don't state the characters' conceptual relationship, let other people try and guess what they are. :laugh:
Not really that good with guessing, but as people have mentioned before, July is thr sun, august is pirates, september...? October is demons, and november is helicopters. I think...

You’ve got some nice reveals there.

Ok, for mine...not much time left in July, and I think that one of DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon ’s fake leaks had this first one as a reveal anyway, so here goes...
...this is a lot harder than I’d expected...
July: Dovahkiin and Simon Belmont
Aug: Spring Man and K. Rool
Sept: Azura and Urbosa
Oct: Decidueye and Ashley
Nov: Tails and Amaterasu

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Undertale's "impact" on gaming is that it actively punishes you (mostly via guilt tripping) for taking the murderous options.

Of course, no game before had ever done that before.
But did that game have edgy skeletons?

Green_Pikmin*

Smash Journeyman
New game!

JULY (07/31 Mini Direct)
Chorus Kids/Issac

AUGUST (08/07 Post EVO Surprise Trailer)
Ashley/Heihachi

SEPTEMBER (09/13 Fall 2018 Direct)
Elma/Bandana Waddle Dee

OCTOBER (10/31 50 Fact Extravaganza)
Geno/Simon Belmont

NOVEMBER (Early 2019 Line-Up Direct)
King K. Rool/Decidueye

DECEMBER (12/05 Final Smash Bros. Direct)
Banjo & Kazooie/Rayman

Last edited:

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
New game!

July Geno and SkullKid
August Zero and 2B
September Medli and Decidueye
October Yuga and Adeleine
November Ashley and Viridi

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I think 7 brand new DLC characters sounds like a reasonable amount, if you pay for 7 plus a few stages and costumes then you’are basically getting a new game.

Last edited:

P.Kat

Smash Champion
I am of the Indie opinion that the most deserving by far to be an indie in Smash is either Reimu from Touhou or Quote from Cave Story. Both are classic examples of the indie success. Both are made by one person, with nothing but time, effort, and love.

Plus they can do cool stuff.
I see Reimu and Shantae getting in together, a sort of east indie, meets west indie sort of vibe.
Considering how they condensed some of Palutena's custom moves into her Specials it's hard to say, but I think they're Mii Exclusive sad to say.
Elma as an AT in Leak 1
Blasphemy! Also, talking about DLC, this early in the game? Instantly fake, to the garbage with it

Yeah, it's a dual reveal but it's Isaac and Amaterasu, both characters related in some fashion to the sun.
You! Yes you. You sir, are a genius :)

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I think 7 brand new DLC characters sounds like a reasonable amount, if you pay for 7 plus a few stages and costumes then you’are basically getting a new game.
I love DLC so I’m all for more of it. Especially if this is the last game for a while, I’d hope it stays updated.

I do find it weird though that the game that introduced 8-player Smash only had 7 DLC characters though. Seemed like a weird choice

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Oh yeah, I’d also love to see a DLC story expansion with voice acting, that would be nice.

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
Something crossed my mind, are there any rumors that doesn't have Dixie and King K. Rool as the next newcomers?
You'd have to ask DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon for the specifics but it seems like 90% of the "leaks" that give a schedule of reveals list K.Rool and Dixie as the next characters we're getting, a lot of them even supposedly this month but the clock is ticking on those.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
You'd have to ask DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon for the specifics but it seems like 90% of the "leaks" that give a schedule of reveals list K.Rool and Dixie as the next characters we're getting, a lot of them even supposedly this month but the clock is ticking on those.
Ding, Dong! The Dixie (Leaks) dead!
That joke made no sense.

Last edited:

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
New game!

July: K Rool & Erdrick
August: Chrom & Heihachi
September: Shadow & Ashley
October: Simon & Decidueye
November: Chorus Kids & Ayumi Tachibana

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
So, new leak in 4chan, dunno if you guys talk about it:

Is real? is fake? don't worry, our friends from /v/ already have the answer:

So yeah, nothing to see here, but at least it wasn't a lazy text leak
Seeing Dark Pit next to Zero Suit Samus instead of Pit...absolutely disgusting
Apparently, yet another Smash Bros. clone popped up, and it's not so hot.
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...he_classic_super_smash_bros_formula_on_switch
>guest fighters
>indies
>AAA game characters
>comic book industry characters
Yeah, just downright pie-in-the-sky dreaming. I don't see it last any more than five months.
No one will dethrone the master

P.Kat

Smash Champion
New game!

July: Shantae and Fjorm

August: Amaterasu and Saber

September: Fi and Elma

October: Ashley and Reimu

November: Rex and Pyra and Phosphora

December: Blaze the Cat and Sora

Edit: Shoot I forgot my reasoning

July: Fire and Ice.

August: Japanese and European Folklore.

September: Team BLADE

October: Spellcasters.

November: Fire and Lightning (Forces of Nature).

December: Warriors From Another Dimension.

Last edited:
Ehhhhh.......

Could go either way, but seeing as how Palutena's specials were handled this time around, I'll go on a limb and guess they'll be Mii exclusive.

Which would suck to me. I loved customs in Smash 4, as janky and unbalanced as they were (and as unreasonable as their unlock conditions were), and I think it would be a shame to not try to improve on the idea of customs. Of course, this could just as easily mean that nobody aside from the Miis will get customs that are entierly different moves, but I won't hold my breath.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Almost impossible since they are heavily requested

I'm not sure if anyone saw a leak about Yuri from Tales of Vesperia?
It was pretty low effort, but it also listed Heihachi, K. Rool and Travis Touchdown iirc.

Some of them have said Ashley or Elma.

I’m personally hoping the latter.
Oooh, which leak explicitly said Elma would be next?! I need to see it

tfw u can’t use emoji on Smashboards cause I’d use the eyes emoji right now

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

I’ll have to track it down, but I distinctly remember one saying she’d be a surprise reveal in the next direct with K Rool. (A strange combo if you ask me)

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I’ll have to track it down, but I distinctly remember one saying she’d be a surprise reveal in the next direct with K Rool. (A strange combo if you ask me)
If it’s separate trailers in the same direct, it’s pretty plausible.

If they’re in the same trailer though....uuuuHHHHH...

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
If it’s separate trailers in the same direct, it’s pretty plausible.

If they’re in the same trailer though....uuuuHHHHH...
Yeah I would not want them to share a trailer...

They don’t exactly go hand-in-Hand.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
It was pretty low effort, but it also listed Heihachi, K. Rool and Travis Touchdown iirc.

Part of me felt it was fake the moment I saw Bandanna Dee not being on there because Sakurai can't think of a moveset

FOR ****'S SAKE YOU HAD AN ORIGINAL MOVESET FOR CAPTAIN FALCON AND FOX WHO NEVER WAS OUTSIDE THEIR VECHICLES UNTIL SMASH

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
What's so weird about revealing a white-haired lady with a mech and realistic weapons together with an anthro overweight crocodile king? They go together hand-in-hand if you ask me.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
So I have been hearing comments here that the game of speculation would change if Bandanna Dee was revealed as an AT. Even for me that is banking on Dee being playable, I still think about it back/forth on whether my choice to predict him was a mistake. I still think about how my old, detailed arguments against Dee might be actual cons for Sakurai to not include him, but then I think about the roster prediction mistakes I made like choosing Chrom over Robin and Zoroark over Greninja in pre-Smash 4 speculation, being nervous that I might underestimate the character's merits to getting in Smash.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
What's so weird about revealing a white-haired lady with a mech and realistic weapons together with an anthro overweight crocodile king? They go together hand-in-hand if you ask me.
masahiro2.jpg

Think like Sakurai when predicting this stuff.
Sakurai is the type of man who would reveal a white-haired lady with a mech and realistic weapons together with an anthro overweight crocodile king.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
So I have been hearing comments here that the game of speculation would change if Bandanna Dee was revealed as an AT. Even for me that is banking on Dee being playable, I still think about it back/forth on whether my choice to predict him was a mistake. I still think about how my old, detailed arguments against Dee might be actual cons for Sakurai to not include him, but then I think about the roster prediction mistakes I made like choosing Chrom over Robin and Zoroark over Greninja in pre-Smash 4 speculation, being nervous that I might underestimate the character's merits to getting in Smash.
In a way, Bandana Dee is in a similar position as Ridley was. Yes, there are other options from the series, but none of them would be nearly as understandable. Can't imagine why Sakurai would skip over Dee to add someone who's less popular, less important, and not as recurring.

Two months ago, I said that we'd probably never get any other new Metroid characters until Ridley got added. I feel the exact same way with Bandana Dee and the Kirby series.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I don’t think you were wrong to choose him, Sakurai is going out of his way to include fan favorites so Dee makes sense in that regard.

PeridotGX

Pranked!
NNID
Denoma5280
New game!

July: Fawful and Grovyle
August: Bandana Dee and Kamek
September: Rayman and Glass Joe
October: King. K Rool and Owain (Fire Emblem)
November: Shadow and Genesect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom