• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I’m honestly still not sold on Simon’s old NES design based off the Castlevania box art, honestly I’m content with having Chronicles Simon because I feel I can take Ayane Kojima’s take on the character much more seriously than the other design which just looks like a standard barbarian with no real defining traits.

It doesn’t appeal to me, and that’s okay for those it appeals to, it’s just really not my cup of tea.
I originally thought the JP and NA regions had different box arts that could see why people dont see much blonde Simon, but it's the same.

It's honestly up to actual designers and Sakurai on what to make of him. I mean, just be thankful we got a more outdated Pac design instead of his current one. Those human eyes on that body still scare me.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
People reacting to KingIceSonic's avatar and I'm here desensitized to it

Lots of similar Yoshi images out there, which admittedly makes sense considering Yoshi...
My condolences.

Unless you're into that kind of thing.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I got warned on Gamefaqs for making a topic titled "Corrin is more iconic than K Rool"

Am I wrong? Am I right? What do you guys think?
You might want to change your avatar quick, I wouldn’t want you to get another warning on a completely different site.

D

Deleted member

I’m honestly still not sold on Simon’s old NES design based off the Castlevania box art, honestly I’m content with having Chronicles Simon because I feel I can take Ayane Kojima’s take on the character much more seriously than the other design which just looks like a standard barbarian with no real defining traits.

It doesn’t appeal to me, and that’s okay for those it appeals to, it’s just really not my cup of tea.
He looks like an 80's B-Movie character, and I dig it. Since I started playing Symphony of the Night, I have warmed up to the Chronicles design though.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I just now noticed the new effect the hammer has where it has the little pixel shine when it hits.
Nice.

WallyPalmer

Smash Journeyman
So, I'll be honest here, since Sakurai stated that we won't expect a hefty amount of newcomers, I could "possibly" see 5 newcomers at best; 3 are Newcomers, and 2 are Echoes; if that's the case, what are the 5 characters that ya'll would like to see in Ultimate; (EDIT) ya'll can tweak it if you like

Me: Newcomers are K.Rool, Crash, & Simon Belmont.
Echoes are somewhat tricky to pick, but it'll be Dark Samus and... I guess Chrom.
Aight I'll throw my hat into this

Newcomers: Bandana Dee, Ashley, Urbosa
Echoes: Isabelle (Villager), Impa (Sheik)

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I got warned on Gamefaqs for making a topic titled "Corrin is more iconic than K Rool"

One, that avatar needs to go back to the depths of Deviantart or Tumblr or whatever hellhole it spawned from.

Two, I actually disagree. I'm not a big fan of King K. Rool, but he's much more of an iconic character than Corrin. He's appeared in all of the original Donkey Kong Country series alongside various spin-offs, and was even the main antagonist of the ever-so-amazing Donkey Kong Country TV show. Corrin is more relevant, as all of their appearances have been recent. They've only appeared in three games (soon to be four), with three of them being spin-offs (Fates, Warriors, and Smash). In their own series they're prominent, but not iconic by any means. Corrin (or any Fates character for that matter), still has yet to win a Choose Your Legends poll, which is voted on by fans of the series. They stand behind Lyn, Lucina, Roy, Ike, Hector, Celica, Ephraim, Eirika, Marth, Tiki, and many others. K. Rool is the most prominent antagonist in his series, and is the most beloved by far (with his only competition being the Tikis and Lord Frederick, he's the obviously choice). Neither are truly iconic in the grand scheme of things, but K. Rool is more iconic than Corrin. I'm sure if Corrin didn't get into Sm4sh as DLC, not a lot people would be asking for them, compared to K. Rool who is the most requested character for this game at this point.

Also I understand the warning, because that's obvious bait meant to rile people up.

Last edited:

FantasticMr.StarPit

Smash Journeyman
You know, if Crash is in Smash Bros(have my doubts), I wanna see something like this: use that as Crash's artwork for Ultimate. lol
psvsn64vssaturn.jpg

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
So, I'll be honest here, since Sakurai stated that we won't expect a hefty amount of newcomers, I could "possibly" see 5 newcomers at best; 3 are Newcomers, and 2 are Echoes; if that's the case, what are the 5 characters that ya'll would like to see in Ultimate; (EDIT) ya'll can tweak it if you like

Echoes are somewhat tricky to pick, but it'll be Dark Samus and... I guess Chrom.

Unique: Lloyd Irving, King K. Rool, Simon Belmont
Echoes: Ninten, Funky Kong

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
You know, if Crash is in Smash Bros(have my doubts), I wanna see something like this:
View attachment 153919
I want Mario vs. Sonic vs. Crash vs. Master Chief/Doom Guy

It's the next logical step from Mario vs. Sonic vs. Megaman vs. Pac-Man.

Also, my five characters:
Unique: King K. Rool, Lloyd Irving, Simon Belmont, Sora
Echoes: Chrom

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So, saw a Ridley victory screen just now. Is his fanfare the same as Samus/ZSS, or? I could barely hear the victory music

Also, Kingicesonic’s avatar needs to be chucked into the sun

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
You know, if Crash is in Smash Bros(have my doubts), I wanna see something like this:
View attachment 153919
Mario winning big time, while Crash is in mid term, and Sonic goes crash & burn. lol get it, crash & burn?
I was so confused thinking "what the **** is that between marios head" and i realized they all had boxing gloves

Also Crash's face creeps me out, that's some hyper-realistic creepypasta **** and you can't prove me wrong.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
So, saw a Ridley victory screen just now. Is his fanfare the same as Samus/ZSS, or? I could barely hear the victory music

Also, Kingicesonic’s avatar needs to be chucked into the sun
It's like a minor-key metal version if i remember correctly

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
View attachment 153919
Holy ****Balls YES
Is black Ridley new?
I shall name him Toothless!
Just in time for the final Dragons movie
He's appeared in all of the original Donkey Kong Country series alongside various spin-offs, and was even the main antagonist of the ever-so-amazing Donkey Kong Country TV show.

They stand behind Lyn, Lucina, Roy, Ike, Hector, Celica, Ephraim/Erika, Marth, Tiki, and many others.
1) That better not be sarcasm cause the DKC show was ****ing awesome...for a meme show with top tier music that needs a remaster instantly

2) Best FE Woman, Smash Bros characters and some of the Best FE Heroes, a AXE GOD, Revamped Blood, Bro/Sis combo of bad***, The too FE Hero and Face of the Franchise, Dragon Waifu
It's like a minor-key metal version if i remember correctly
Fits with Ridley digging for human flesh

ThyCheshireCat

Smash Apprentice
The Former British Empire of great Britain.

Marx, Adeleine and Kraid for newcomers
For echoes tho... Kumatora for sure (yes she's in a Final Smash but i don't want to discuss the whole Fox/Falco fiasco that could POTENTIALLY undeconfirm her.) and.... well really she's the only echo i actively support.... i guess Boshi is one i'd be happy with so i guess i'll go for him too.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Holy ****Balls YES

Just in time for the final Dragons movie

1) That better not be sarcasm cause the DKC show was ****ing awesome...for a meme show with top tier music that needs a remaster instantly

2) Best FE Woman, Smash Bros characters and some of the Best FE Heroes, a AXE GOD, Revamped Blood, Bro/Sis combo of bad***, The too FE Hero and Face of the Franchise, Dragon Waifu

Fits with Ridley digging for human flesh
How could I ever insult the show that introduced us to Leo Luster?

Forget Funky Kong, I want this guy as an echo of Donkey Kong.

Its even better cause Crash Bandicoot is under Activision now not entirely Sony (not sure if that means anything or not). Only thing is he's still a western IP so hopefully Crash did well in the ballot.
As far as I know Crash Bandicoot was pretty popular in Japan. He was practically the face of the Playstation, which blew up in Japan.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
...so the Dorf is still the only villain who shares his hero's victory?

Can they just give everyone something unique finally?
We haven’t heard Wolf’s fanfare yet, either.

I’m hoping it’s a snippet of the Star Wolf theme, tbh

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
How could I ever insult the show that introduced us to Leo Luster?

Forget Funky Kong, I want this guy as an echo of Donkey Kong.
Leo Luster is way too op to be made into an echo fighter

Add his theme song and make him as op as possible and we’ll have the greatest game of all time

Last edited:

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
We haven’t heard Wolf’s fanfare yet, either.

I’m hoping it’s a snippet of the Star Wolf theme, tbh
the very beginning of the star wolf theme would literally make the perfect victory theme, I'll be mad disappointed if they don't use it. Or even the main melody works too.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
I'm curious with the now tight lock down on leaks, what are they doing different with the individual fragments of the game they give to Beta Testers? After all, most of the actual leaks come from people being in contact with these testers or friends of the testers.
I heard Xander Mobus had recorded voice clips for characters not in SSB4 to prevent some leaks.

Even on Reddit, someone suggested that maybe fake character's m odels could be used to trick dataminers and leakers.

Is it still available in the Nintendo NY store?

I’m lucky enough to live in NY.
Not really sure. I don't live in any state where it is available, so I can only watch the game.

Last edited:

Roberk

Smash Champion

Guys, go to the Smash Ultimate Gamefaqs, search "Corrin" and make some popcor(rin.) I'm having a hard time figuring out if these guys are just joking or actually serious. It's hilarious.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Back to Tennis again...
Guys, go to the Smash Ultimate Gamefaqs, search "Corrin" and make some popcor(rin.) I'm having a hard time figuring out if these guys are just joking or actually serious. It's hilarious.
They're mostly serious. GameFAQs is a veritable salt mine.
Some footage from GameFAQs.

Last edited:

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
...so the Dorf is still the only villain who shares his hero's victory?

Can they just give everyone something unique finally?
I wonder what K Rool would get, the DK one would fit him fine enough (more so than ganondorf imo) but I think the beginning of his theme or maybe just a pirate-like rendition of the DK one would be interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom