• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I’m sure I can’t be alone in thinking this, but does anybody else want either the disconfirmation train to start rolling, or something that flips the narrative for Smash Ultimate?

Like it’s cool to talk about all the stuff we’ve already seen, but I would love to see something new that kinda...shakes things up, you know?

KMDP

Smash Legend
You know dude, when we said to change your icon

We meant to change it to something that isn’t the same creepy fetish as your last one.

Anyway everyone, I’m gonna go to bed. Or at least try to since the neighbors are partying with loud music and it’s approaching midnight. If I still lurk it’s cause I can’t sleep
*pulls out trumpet*
You'll never escape the Party.

CommanderZaktan

Smash Ace
Watching the stream and it seems that they kept Bayo's english voice and not her Japanese voice.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I’m sure I can’t be alone in thinking this, but does anybody else want either the disconfirmation train to start rolling, or something that flips the narrative for Smash Ultimate?

Like it’s cool to talk about all the stuff we’ve already seen, but I would love to see something new that kinda...shakes things up, you know?
I dunno man, everyday Ashley's not shown is a small victory for me!

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
The day that Sakurai does decide to grace us with new information beyond music.

honestly, at least we're getting a lot of gameplay information this time around, and very quickly might I add

I'm also thinking that with the invitational, it's gonna be a huge eye-opener this time for balance

...still this wait is hard

gonna be real here: narrative flipping. I want to see some of the expected newcomers, but I definitely would love to see choices from all sorts of eras of requests. Mess me up, Sakurai and the other producers - You already messed me up with how good the roster and stage list already are.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You know he only has that avatar because you all keep reacting to it, right?

DoctorSanity

Smash Journeyman

Honestly I'm really surprised we haven't been shown more, while we talk about Melee I think it's important to know just how much Melee showed off in comparison to the original Smash? The graphcial update was crazy when you compare 64 to Melee.

With Ultimate we have 2 new characters and some tweaked gameplay and stages but... that's about it? It's exciting, don't get me wrong! But there's a certain lack of substance being presented so far (which is why I think a lot of people called it Smash 4.5) Just small things that are new like new trophies, or maybe stickers, or even like that New Donk City stage that's clearly in Mario's video? I really really want to know the new or returning types of gamemodes or how they've been tweaked. The biggest hype leader in smash is newcomers, but I want to know HOW I can play with them?

Like for example the thing I'm actually most excited for in this Smash is the fact that we're supposedly starting off with the original n64 roster and we unlock everyone else. As a single player focused smash player, this is extremely exciting! But at the same time, we still know s o little about that fact that we can't accurately tell if Sakurai meant the original 8 or the original 12 with the unlocked 64 fighters in the base. So far with Ultimate I"m kind of having a clarity issue, does anyone else feel this?

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483

With Ultimate we have 2 new characters and some tweaked gameplay and stages but... that's about it? It's exciting, don't get me wrong! But there's a certain lack of substance being presented so far (which is why I think a lot of people called it Smash 4.5) Just small things that are new like new trophies, or maybe stickers, or even like that New Donk City stage that's clearly in Mario's video? I really really want to know the new or returning types of gamemodes or how they've been tweaked. The biggest hype leader in smash is newcomers, but I want to know HOW I can play with them?

Like for example the thing I'm actually most excited for in this Smash is the fact that we're supposedly starting off with the original n64 roster and we unlock everyone else. As a single player focused smash player, this is extremely exciting! But at the same time, we still know s o little about that fact that we can't accurately tell if Sakurai meant the original 8 or the original 12 with the unlocked 64 fighters in the base. So far with Ultimate I"m kind of having a clarity issue, does anyone else feel this?
Really wondering what's going on indeed... I hope this isn't because of some of the accurate leaks happening back in Sm4sh-speculation Era coming to bite us back as being given less info for ruining surprises.

Also, between expecting to get Dixie as an Echo at best while having to already write all other newcomers I had left for this game as deconfirmed in one way or another (Takamaru and Captain Toad), I'd certainly want to see something liven things up for me for rest of the speculation era - or I might not exactly stick around very long.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
I think I saw about 8 SDs that match. The Pits mostly did it. I don't know what else to say.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Considering that that it's possible for the direct to be announced tomorrow unexpectedly. The leak is still hanging on by a thread. Of course it's very likely it's fake.

Last edited:

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Remember everyone, don't buy into every "leak" you come across. Keeping speculation going is nice, but virtually all leaks are just hogwash in the end. We will get info. When, is up to Nintendo and Sakurai, not anonymous online leakers giving random dates.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Not saying the leak is true, but I want King K. Rool in just for the sake of more villains. :ultbowser::ultganondorf::ultkingdedede:(sometimes):ultwolf:(mostly):ultmewtwo:(depends):ultwario::ultridley::ultmetaknight:/:ultdarkpit:(both more of anti-heroes):ultbowserjr: all exist in Smash, but we could always welcome some more.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Welp, guess the leak really was fake. That sucks
I'm not officially killing it until tomorrow, but yes, it is most likely dead.

Also I made a 105 character roster out of boredom. I'm not going to justify my inclusions but I tried to stay in the realm of likely and not disconfirmed characters while trying to please as many people as possible. What do you guys think? I guess you could say it's the Ultimate Roster.
100+ Character Meme Roster Roster.png

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
I'm not officially killing it until tomorrow, but yes, it is most likely dead.

Also I made a 105 character roster out of boredom. What do you guys think? I guess you could say it's the Ultimate Roster.
Goku would be that one character everybody wants for some reason, then complain about when they realize he destroys everybody, including their character, like Cloud maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom