• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
With only four and a half months left til release, I'm surprised there hasn't been anything new to work with.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Resident nitpicker here. It's really bugging me that he never let Shadow use Chaos Spear even though the purpose of the vid is to let us hear his voice clips uninterrupted by the music.
Actually, the point of the video is to prove he says a full line and not "This is the Ultimate-!" like most people believe.

Though people think it cuts itself off because A) Loud Music and poor audio balancing; and B) He also says "CHAOS CONTROL!", but that line seems to be on a different audio channel or something, because it's not in the video for some reason.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Imagine if Sakurai just did a newcomer dump like he did the veteran dump.

''And this is how I prevent you ****ers from ruining this for me."

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
With only four and a half months left til release, I'm surprised there hasn't been anything new to work with.
Our mighty donut stealing god Bill Trinen said nothing would pop up until it's closer to release.
At least that's what I recall, could be wrong.

MainJPW

M.T.A
Actually, the point of the video is to prove he says a full line and not "This is the Ultimate-!" like most people believe.

Though people think it cuts itself off because A) Loud Music and poor audio balancing; and B) He also says "CHAOS CONTROL!", but that line seems to be on a different audio channel or something, because it's not in the video for some reason.
Lol, I usually read the description too. Man, David Humphrey was a good English Shadow.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Our mighty donut stealing god Bill Trinen said nothing would pop up until it's closer to release.
At least that's what I recall, could be wrong.
Welp, it's definitely closer to release than it was at E3 so any minute now!

Seriously though, closer to December is PR talk. It just means literally in the coming months. Don't read too much into it.

Last edited:

P.Kat

Smash Champion
So, I'll be honest here, since Sakurai stated that we won't expect a hefty amount of newcomers, I could "possibly" see 5 newcomers at best; 3 are Newcomers, and 2 are Echoes; if that's the case, what are the 5 characters that ya'll would like to see in Ultimate; (EDIT) ya'll can tweak it if you like

Me: Newcomers are K.Rool, Crash, & Simon Belmont.
Echoes are somewhat tricky to pick, but it'll be Dark Samus and... I guess Chrom.
For me 4 Newcomers would be: Amaterasu, Shantae, Sora, and Saber from Fate/Stay Night (very possible). (Honorary mention: Blaze the Cat)
Echo: Kat and Ana (as an Ice Climbers echo)

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
So, I'll be honest here, since Sakurai stated that we won't expect a hefty amount of newcomers, I could "possibly" see 5 newcomers at best; 3 are Newcomers, and 2 are Echoes; if that's the case, what are the 5 characters that ya'll would like to see in Ultimate; (EDIT) ya'll can tweak it if you like

Echoes are somewhat tricky to pick, but it'll be Dark Samus and... I guess Chrom.
Newcomers: King K. Rool, Simon Belmont, Heihachi Mishima
Echoes: Dixie Kong, Dark Samus

osby

Smash Obsessed

1. Bandana Dee
2. Dixie Kong
3. Elma
4. Spring Man
5. Decidueye

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord

Newcomers: King K. Rool, Ashley, and Bandanna dee.
Echoes: Dark Samus and Shadow.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord

Newcomers:
King K Rool
Dixie Kong
Bandanna Dee

Echoes:
Impa
Chrom

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
SMT Protag (pls check support thread), Doomslayer, Travis Touchdown, Amaterasu, Ryu Hayabusa.

Gimme some third parties Nintendo.
Bring on in Atlus, Id Software, Grasshopper manufacture, Clover Studios, and Koei Techmo.

Especially Atlus, those guys are the kings of traditional RPGs and SMT is a bonafide Nintendo console franchise now.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
In terms of the most likely? Rex. Easily DLC, if not lucky enough to be base roster last-minute unless Sakurai doesn't want to touch Xenoblade or if he didn't know if the sequel would warrant a second fighter already.

Geno and K. Rool also have it out of mere default of no competition. The others (Chrom, Dark Samus, Isabelle, Ashley, & Shadow) are given it by unsupported theories about their "mysterious disappearance" from the demo at E3. I don't really consider them as valid arguments.

As for wants, I have my template:

template s.png

I should probably make a Black Shadow support thread since none exist that the HUB of support threads show. :4dk:

P.Kat

Smash Champion
I got warned on Gamefaqs for making a topic titled "Corrin is more iconic than K Rool"

Am I wrong? Am I right? What do you guys think?
Well despite being one of my faves, I wouldn't call Corrin Iconic, Lyn on the other hand, yeah she's Iconic, but in the end, I don't mind since seeing the reaction of the people on Gamefaqs that would be priceless *grabs popcorn*

As for your Avatar pic... Well one word should describe my feelings and intentions towards it...

Last edited:

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548
I'm honestly at the point where I can't ask for any more newcomers. I got every single returning character, Inklings, and Ridley, so i'll most definitely be satisfied no matter what.

There's some I'd really like to see, such as K. Rool or Geno, but I almost feel bad even hoping for more.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'm honestly at the point where I can't ask for any more newcomers. I got every single returning character, Inklings, and Ridley, so i'll most definitely be satisfied no matter what.

There's some I'd really like to see, such as K. Rool or Geno, but I almost feel bad even hoping for more.
Same. What little hope I had for the one person I thought could make it got immediately deconfirmed, then killed to show off a new mechanic. I don't think my runner-up choice has that much of a chance, so I can't ask for anyone I know isn't Rex-tier levels of likely. It's just wishful thinking at that point.

Though the fact that my main (:ultlittlemac:) got so much buffed in him to make him semi-competent in the air definitely makes up for it.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Don't worry, Arigarmy. If Osby's most wanted ends up disconfirmed, you can mock them in return!

Turn about is fair play, after all.
Jokes on you, my favourite character is already in.

I can only think up, like three characters I particularly want and even to them, I have no strong feelings. If they aren't playable, then they aren't.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Why does Robbie sound like a stereotpyical lesbian?
I mean, I understand that there are females voicing males, but this casting is ... weird, and quite unsettling.
Video Creator said:
...and everyone in the video sounds oddly feminine. Happy April Fools! ⚠This version is completely fanmade. There is currently no official Japanese translation for Lazy Town.
Hmm, I don't know.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Speaking of Echo fighters.

Has anyone consider Sami from Advance Wars as an Echo of Solid Snake?
1513673812741.png

I mean I know people like to go for reaching for stuff like Giygas and Mewtwo but this is just absurd.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Speaking of Echo fighters.

Has anyone consider Sami from Advance Wars as an Echo of Solid Snake?
Nope. I don't think it would suit her, Snake's gear seems more realistic than the stuff Advance Wars goes to.

Last edited:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Nope. I don't think it would suit her, Snake's gear seems more realistic than the stuff Advance Wars goes to.
Every single piece of Sami art shows her holding an actual, real world gun, lol.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
I saw my opening and took it.

Now, are you a real villain?
"Well, uh, technically... nah.”
“Have you ever caught a good guy, like, uh, like a real superhero?”
“Nah.”
“Have you ever tried a disguise?”
"Nah, nah...”
“Alright! I can see that I will have to teach you how to be villains!”

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero

Newcomers: Simon Belmont, Elma & Excitebiker.
Echoes: Dark Samus and Chrom.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
One, that avatar needs to go back to the depths of Deviantart or Tumblr or whatever hellhole it spawned from.

Two, I actually disagree. I'm not a big fan of King K. Rool, but he's much more of an iconic character than Corrin. He's appeared in all of the original Donkey Kong Country series alongside various spin-offs, and was even the main antagonist of the ever-so-amazing Donkey Kong Country TV show. Corrin is more relevant, as all of their appearances have been recent. They've only appeared in three games (soon to be four), with three of them being spin-offs (Fates, Warriors, and Smash). In their own series they're prominent, but not iconic by any means. Corrin (or any Fates character for that matter), still has yet to win a Choose Your Legends poll, which is voted on by fans of the series. They stand behind Lyn, Lucina, Roy, Ike, Hector, Celica, Ephraim, Eirika, Marth, Tiki, and many others. K. Rool is the most prominent antagonist in his series, and is the most beloved by far (with his only competition being the Tikis and Lord Frederick, he's the obviously choice). Neither are truly iconic in the grand scheme of things, but K. Rool is more iconic than Corrin. I'm sure if Corrin didn't get into Sm4sh as DLC, not a lot people would be asking for them, compared to K. Rool who is the most requested character for this game at this point.

Also I understand the warning, because that's obvious bait meant to rile people up.
The only thing that makes Corrin more "iconic" than K. Rool was that he was DLC for Smash 4, which really doesn't give you the same kind of exposure as being in the base roster. Should K. Rool be in the base roster for Ultimate, any advantage that Corrin has will be invalidated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom