• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeox

Smash Champion
As futile as it is to predict, I have one idea that may help up figure who could still be added, process of eliminations.

Let's look at it this way

1. A returning character from Brawl or Melee counts as newcomer from a dev standpoint
2. Third Party Series won't get two characters without negotiations that may be better spent expanding to brand new series
3. A series most likley won't get more than one Echo.

From that, series who have gotten new characters (compared to Smash 4):

Mario: One newcomer with Daisy (Echo), big enough to get another character but may not be room
Zelda: Young Link as a new Semi-clone, keeping old Link's tricks alive..
Metroid: :ultridley:
Star Fox: Wolf as a new-character-that-takes-inspiration-but-if-I-even-imply-clone-of-any-level-I-get-shot with a new SFZ look
Pokemon: Pichu, Squirtle and Ivysaur return to take the title of most characters back from Mario
Ice Climber: May count as the game's new retro rep

Series with Echos

Mario: As noted above
Fire Emblem: Lucina
Kid Icarus: Dark Pit

Series with no new characters so far (ones to look at)

Donkey Kong
Yoshi
Kirby
Earthbound
F-Zero
Wario
Pikmin
Animal Crossing
Wii Fit
Punch Out
Xenoblade
I don't think the Yoshi series will get another character, except for baby characters, the rest can count as Mario characters, as far as I remember the Magikoopas first appearance was in Mario world and not in Yoshi Island with Kamek.
Also Wii Fit what new character could have?

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
I don't think the Yoshi series will get another character, except for baby characters, the rest can count as Mario characters, as far as I remember the Magikoopas first appearance was in Mario world and not in Yoshi Island with Kamek.

This guy obviously. And uhhhhhhhhh... give him psychic powers?

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
I don't even care about a revamped moveset. I just wanted Zelda to get her BotW design because it was my favorite incarnation of her. Even if her new Smash design better represents the mythical world of Zelda, I'm tired of the typical medieval magical princess look we always get. I wanted to see something more modern and realistic, and I feel like the BotW design was exactly what I was looking for.
No offense, but isn't "modern and realistic" the exact opposite of what LoZ stands for??

Last edited:

CommanderZaktan

Smash Ace
So since a new xenoblade character might join thanks to Bill, we have 4 slots left. And according to Vergeben, we have half a dozen fighters to be revealed. Here's what I predict of who is going to be in, excluding Echo Fighters:
Simon Belmont
one of Xenoblade characters
King K Rool
Ashley
any other Nintendo rep
and a third party like Geno or Banjo Kazooie

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
No offense, but isn't "modern and realistic" the exact opposite of what LoZ stands for??
Which is why I said her current design better represents the theme of the Zelda series.

Not saying what Sakurai went with is bad, but I really wanted something more atypical to what we expect to see. Getting a Zelda in Smash who wears a shirt, pants, and a more modern hairstyle that you would actually see in places other than a gaming convention would've been cool. I'd have loved to have seen the reaction from people when they first saw her huge redesign.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So since a new xenoblade character might join thanks to Bill, we have 4 slots left. And according to Vergeben, we have half a dozen fighters to be revealed. Here's what I predict of who is going to be in, excluding Echo Fighters:
Simon Belmont
King K Rool
Ashley
a Pokemon rep
I’m pretty sure he said “at LEAST 6 more characters”, implying there’s more (excluding DLC but possibly including echoes).

I’d place my 3 safest bets for three of them anyway: Elma, Simon, and Bandana Waddle Dee.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Simon Belmont
King K Rool
Ashley
a Pokemon rep
What’s this with this Bill guy and a Xenoblade character? Was there a new leak or something? I’ve been busy the past day and haven’t checked in.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
What's this flamewar that happened the previous pages? Oh well..

Heihachi Mishima

A few years ago I got interested in fighting games. I've always played Smash but one day I decided that I should just give other fighting games a shot because I never liked playing smash competitively. So I ended up buying Tekken Tag Tournament 2 and holy **** did I have fun with that game. Me and my friends kept playing the game during the holiday and boy were there tears shed. So many characters with different personalities and nationalities. I chose like a about 6-7 characters I played against my friends with (this was at a time i didn't have a gold membership) and among those characters was Heihachi Mishima. He was by far my favorite of his bloodline. After the Tekken Tag experience I got interested in more fighting games so I bought Ultra Street Fighter IV. And well look who's there! Ryu got announced for Smash! And that's when I knew I loved the genre. It led up to other fighting games I bought, etc.

To sum it up... Tekken is the reason I fell in love with fighting games and having a Tekken rep in Smash would just be a constant reminder for what the franchise did for me. Also like I previously said Heihachi was among my "mains" so that'd be just a win win situation.
I've been playing the Tekken series since playing Tekken 3 on the arcades when I was young (my first Tekken game was the fourth installement on the Playstation 2) and like you already said, there are "so many characters with different personalities and nationalities." You could also say the Tekken series is what got me into fighting games in the first place.

In addition, Heihachi Mishima has been in all of the Tekken games so far which also includes guest character appearances in SoulCalibur II, Namco X Capcom and Project X Zone 1 & 2.

KMDP

Smash Legend
What’s this with this Bill guy and a Xenoblade character? Was there a new leak or something? I’ve been busy the past day and haven’t checked in.
He's talking about Bill Trinen mentioning "Xenoblade characters" in an interview (in relation to who younger players play in Smash 4). People think it was a slip of the tongue because there's going to be more than one XB character in Ultimate.
I’m pretty sure he said “at LEAST 6 more characters”, implying there’s more (excluding DLC but possibly including echoes).

I’d place my 3 safest bets for three of them anyway: Elma, Simon, and Bandana Waddle Dee.
These are the characters I'd guess at for Ultimate (assuming only one new character for a franchise).
1st Party: K. Rool, Bandana Dee, Ashley, Elma, Isaac, Geno
3rd Party: Simon, Ken

Isaac and Geno could be considered the game's "Retro" Picks.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Here's an idea.

Give your reason for wanting your most most wanted character
Don't try to sell me on the character, just give a explanation on why they're important to you and why you want them.

As a (amateur) character designer, Ashley's solid design immediately stood out to me when I saw her in Smash 4.
I started to really like her when I figured out who she was and where she came from, her lonely nature and want for friendship really struck a chord with me at the time as I was a pretty lonely guy myself. I also think she'd be fun to play with great moveset potential and I would love it if a character I connected with made it into one of my favorite games of all time.
Kirby Super Star is one of my favorite games, and it's final boss is also intresting. His name is Marx, and he has an interesting personality and moveset potential. I first played KSS shortly before the Smash 4 hypetrain, so the two ideas sorta meshed together and I was supporting Marx to unhealthy levels on Miiverse. I've calmed down, but I would still love to see him (and plus now he's somewhat possible)

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
I've been playing the Tekken series since playing Tekken 3 on the arcades when I was young (my first Tekken game was the fourth installement on the Playstation 2) and like you already said, there are "so many characters with different personalities and nationalities." You could also say the Tekken series is what got me into fighting games in the first place.

In addition, Heihachi Mishima has been in all of the Tekken games so far which also includes guest character appearances in SoulCalibur II, Namco X Capcom and Project X Zone 1 & 2.
Yeah
Not to mention Tekken is the best selling fighting game franchise ever. I truly expect Heihachi to make it in Smash as a 2nd namco rep if there were to be one.

Though I wouldn't be surprised if Sakurai decides to go with Lloyd because of not figuring out how to implement Heihachi's moveset.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
It’s in the video on page 2433, Trinen is heard saying (paraphrasing save for the bolded part) “People are pretty excited for the new characters...like Cloud, Bayonetta, and uh...the Xenoblade characters...”

He could have simply forgotten Shulk’s name, but the fact he said “characters” plural is very suspicious. Plus, he could have specified Fire Emblem if he meant that, but he didn’t.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yeah
Not to mention Tekken is the best selling fighting game franchise ever. I truly expect Heihachi to make it in Smash as a 2nd namco rep if there were to be one.

Though I wouldn't be surprised if Sakurai decides to go with Lloyd because of not figuring out how to implement Heihachi's moveset.
Lloyd's someone I'm surprised is still as popular as he is to this day, to some degree at least. Though I definitely would prefer someone from Tekken, Lloyd would make a good chunk of people happy, and I've got my go-to characters and then some already.

But yeah, fighting with Jin or Heihachi in this series would be sick.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Here's an idea.

Give your reason for wanting your most most wanted character
Don't try to sell me on the character, just give a explanation on why they're important to you and why you want them.

As a (amateur) character designer, Ashley's solid design immediately stood out to me when I saw her in Smash 4.
I started to really like her when I figured out who she was and where she came from, her lonely nature and want for friendship really struck a chord with me at the time as I was a pretty lonely guy myself. I also think she'd be fun to play with great moveset potential and I would love it if a character I connected with made it into one of my favorite games of all time.
I only got super into nintendo in 2012, I was one of the early adopters of the wii u, not exactly sure why but I wanted one and loved it despite the few games it had. After tropical freeze was announced at e3 2013 I was interested and became more interested because of Dixie, I've always been drawn to female characters in general and her cute design really stuck out to me so when the game dropped I played through practically all of it just with her, I even bought a **** load of dixie barrels cause I didn't want to play as the others. Tropical Freeze may have been the first DK game I've played, and currently the only one (I need to fix that) but I love it so much and I love Dixie as well.

Not only do I love Dixie as a character though, I think even in the DK games she's the most fun to play as and she would probably be fun in smash too, I already main peach so I can see her being somewhat similar to her, especially with the gliding mechanic and a proper grappler character would be awesome.

I don't even care about a revamped moveset. I just wanted Zelda to get her BotW design because it was my favorite incarnation of her. Even if her new Smash design better represents the mythical world of Zelda, I'm tired of the typical medieval magical princess look we always get. I wanted to see something more modern and realistic, and I feel like the BotW design was exactly what I was looking for.
I love Ultimate Zelda as well but I honestly agree, not only was BOTW Zelda was an amazing character but I love that she's unconventional for a princess type character, she's a researcher and she chooses to wear pants over dresses, she has thick eyebrows and big nose. She could've been another generic anime girl but instead they went for a look and character that feels different and I love that about her.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well Yoshi has Poochy and Yarn Yoshi could be an echo who's eggs are instead wool balls that bounce more then the eggs.

KMDP

Smash Legend
You know, something I'd like to see is more references to Nintendo's non Video Game spin-offs (mostly in the music)
I mean, Mezase Pokémon Master appeared in a Video Game.

Are there any other things you can think of like this?

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
As much as I liked BotW Zelda. Zelda's Triforce of the Gods series design is my personal most favourite design in the entire Zelda series so I was very happy to see them choose that design for her in Smash. Especially since I always felt that that was a pretty underrated design for Zelda that you don't see acknowledged a lot around before Smash Ultimate.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
As much as I liked BotW Zelda. Zelda's Triforce of the Gods design is my personal most favourite design in the entire Zelda series so I was very happy to see them choose that design for her in Smash. Especially since I always felt that that was a pretty underrated design for Zelda that you don't see mentioned a lot around before Smash Ultimate.
It's lovely and really underrated, Smash is the second time I've ever saw her.
Also I'm glad we got that design, I was afraid of getting her BotW design. I mean, even if I don't like it, it's a good design but I doubt it would work well with her moveset.
Also seeing a energetic and childish side of Zelda is nice, even though I liked her serene incarnations too.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I think it's funny that people use "anime" or "swordfighter" like they're negative terms. I actually was discussing Smash with a few friends last weekend, and when I mentioned the likes of Sora, one of them said he felt like Smash had too many sword users already.

When I mentioned that literally none of them can be played quite the same, he pondered it for a second and realized that that was true. You can't play any of the swordfighters the same despite them using a similar weapon.

The only reason any one complains about "anime swordsmen" is because their particular newcomer of choice is not an anime swordsman/swordswoman.

There are still a handful who would probably fit the bill of "anime swordsman" who wouldn't play anything like any of the others. You could have Isaac, Sora, Celica, Lloyd Irving, Rex & Pyra, Elma...all of them use swords to an extent (some more than others) yet none of them would play like any of the current sword users in Smash.

The only potential echo character who uses a sword I can see would be Chrom, and Echo Fighters are last minute anyway so I really don't get why people get mad. Echo fighters/clones are literally created because of ease of access and are as an attempt to cram more content in. Complaining about echo fighter choices are probably because your particular echo choice wasn't picked instead.

Dems the breaks. That's all I can say.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
I think it's funny that people use "anime" or "swordfighter" like they're negative terms. I actually was discussing Smash with a few friends last weekend, and when I mentioned the likes of Sora, he said he felt like Smash had too many sword users already.

When I mentioned that literally none of them can be played quite the same, he pondered it for a second and realized that that was true. You can't play any of the swordfighters the same despite them using a similar weapon.

The only reason any one complains about "anime swordsmen" is because their particular newcomer of choice is not an anime swordsman/swordswoman.

There are still a handful who would probably fit the bill of "anime swordsman" who wouldn't play anything like any of the others. You could have Isaac, Sora, Celica, Lloyd Irving, Rex & Pyra, Elma...all of them use swords to an extent (some more than others) yet none of them would play like any of the current sword users in Smash.

The only potential echo character who uses a sword I can see would be Chrom, and Echo Fighters are last minute anyway so I really don't get why people get mad. Echo fighters/clones are literally created because of ease of access and are as an attempt to cram more content in. Complaining about echo fighter choices are probably because your particular echo choice wasn't picked instead.

Fun fact about Isaac and Swordsmanship. None of the concept art shows him actually using a Sword (one of them has him holding one, but he's still not using it).

Last edited:

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Simon Belmont
King K Rool
Ashley
any other Nintendo rep
Any other nintendo rep i'm guessing at Mach Rider for retro/curve ball character then add in Waddle Dee, maybe one more echo, and Dixie as a semi-clone and thats pretty close to what i'm predicting we'll get.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Fun fact about Isaac and Swordsmanship. None of the concept art shows him actually using a Sword (one of them has him holding one, but he's still not using it).

He'd probably still use it in Smash, considering Robin is not a big swordfighter, too and it's hard to do all tilts and aerials "Magic"... but I hope he don't use it or a lot of people will ignore a perfectly fine moveset because it involves a sword.

?..Now that I think about it, it's not my problem, put that kid into Smash with or without a sword.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Any other nintendo rep i'm guessing at Mach Rider for retro/curve ball character then add in Waddle Dee, maybe one more echo, and Dixie as a semi-clone and thats pretty close to what i'm predicting we'll get.
Out of all "Retro's", Mach Rider and Excitebike Racer are the two I don't understand.
Could someone tell me, why people want them? Not to sound ignorant or anything, but I'm curious, and I want to be hyped for these characters, IF I find them interesting, and as of now, they are not, to me at least.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Out of all "Retro's", Mach Rider and Excitebike Racer are the two I don't understand.
Could someone tell me, why people want them? Not to sound ignorant or anything, but I'm curious, and I want to be hyped for these characters, IF I find them interesting, and as of now, they are not, to me at least.
Obligatory retro pick that people actuqlly somewhat played.

KMDP

Smash Legend
He'd probably still use it in Smash, considering Robin is not a big swordfighter, too and it's hard to do all tilts and aerials "Magic"... but I hope he don't use it or a lot of people will ignore a perfectly fine moveset because it involves a sword.

?..Now that I think about it, it's not my problem, put that kid into Smash with or without a sword.
Isaac can use Swords, "Light Blades" (covers Daggers, Rapiers and Katanas), Axes and Maces.

Curveball, give him an Axe, suddenly he's not an "Anime Swordsman" anymore. He's an "Anime AXEMAN"!
I think part of it is that Sakurai personally mentioned trying to make Mach Rider a character.

The fact that Sakurai also said he gave up trying to make Mach Rider is something those same people ignore.

Some people also genuinely want Mach Rider/Excitebiker outside of that, though.

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Lastly, Young Link. Nothing against him, but three Links? Really hoping there's at least some differences between Young and Toon Link.
I mean, I assume that YL and TL will have the same differences that Link and TL did, with the exception of their weight, but the addition of a different forward Smash.

TL and Link were already fairly different as far as movesets went. Not as much as some other semi clones, but they were still separated enough.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
BOTW Zelda could’ve easily happened, but besides the booty being covered up, ALBW Zelda being chosen to smash is for the best
I think it's funny that people use "anime" or "swordfighter" like they're negative terms. I actually was discussing Smash with a few friends last weekend, and when I mentioned the likes of Sora, he said he felt like Smash had too many sword users already.

whats weird about the whole “too many swordfighters” argument is how overall there isn’t that many of them
Full enough Swordfighters: :ultcloud::ultcorrin::ultike::ultlink::ultmarth::ultlucina::ultmetaknight::ultrobin:ultroy::ultshulk::ulttoonlink::ultyounglink::4miisword:

Part Timers and those who are considered to be...even though they’re not really: :ultganondorf::ultgreninja::ultkirby::ultmegaman::ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultzelda:

Not at the slightest: :ultbayonetta::ultbowser::ultbowserjr::ultfalcon::ultdiddy::ultdk::ultdoc::ultduckhunt::ultfalco::ultfox::ulticeclimbers::ultinkling::ultjigglypuff::ultkingdedede::ultlittlemac::ultlucario::ultlucas::ultluigi::ultmario::ultmetaknight::ultmewtwo::ultgnw::ultness::ultolimar::ultpacman::ultpalutena::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultpichu::ultpikachu::ultsheik::ultpokemontrainer::ultridley::ultrob::ultrosalina::ultryu::ultsamus::ultsnake::ultsonic::ultvillager::ultwario::ultwiifittrainer::ultwolf::ultyoshi::ultzss::4miibrawl::4miigun:

We do have a good amount of anime swordfighters though (Zelda/Fire Emblem/Xenoblade/Kid Icarus and I suppose Pokémon)

osby

Smash Obsessed
Isaac can use Swords, "Light Blades" (covers Daggers, Rapiers and Katanas), Axes and Maces.

Curveball, give him an Axe, suddenly he's not an "Anime Swordsman" anymore. He's an "Anime AXEMAN"!

I think part of it is that Sakurai personally mentioned trying to make Mach Rider a character.

The fact that Sakurai also said he gave up trying to make Mach Rider is something those same people ignore.

Pff. Again, lad has like three different supernatural abilities. I don't think one weapon will make the difference.

About biker retros, yeah, I can't see how they can work without going to the Fox way. Maybe like Duck Hunt, the solution will be something nobody could predict, that's the whole deal of retro fighters aside from "reps".

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Simon Belmont
King K Rool
Ashley
any other Nintendo rep
Well, what Bill Trinen said was somewhat interesting, at this point we will find out eventually if a new Xenoblade character is indeed playable.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Obligatory retro pick that people actuqlly somewhat played.
Hmm ... I just see Mach Rider as a female Captain Falcon. I don't think she did much in her own game except driving and maybe shooting?
Also, I do think there are more interesting Retro's left (of course my own opinion), like Balloon Fighter, Pilotwings, Lip, Ayumi Tachibana, etc. I feel at least all of them has a great chance to be truly unique on build and moveset? Not trying to dismiss the concept of Mach not to be good, but I only see Captain Falcon same ways or the other.

I remember he tried Excitebiker, but did not understand how he could jump, or if it would feel right to take him out of the bike.
Did not know about him giving up on Mach Rider, but I remember him being mentioned around Melee, was it not?

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778

here i made a whole video on mach Rider (and sort of excitebiker) and why mach rider is likely. As far as why people WANT them i think its more they fill the retro spot than an actual desire for the character. i do think mach rider is pretty cool but why i guess at it is more because of the fact that sakurai has mentioned wanting to add mach rider before, i think the vifam robot figure interview could point to mach riders inclusion, and we always get an out there character and retro rep and mach rider fits that well while also having some reasonable evidence that it'll be mach this time.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Hmm ... I just see Mach Rider as a female Captain Falcon. I don't think she did much in her own game except driving and maybe shooting?
I feel Mach Rider could offer us some Mad Max flavor. Awesome movie series.

• Mach Rider could be a apocalyptic-driver rival to the flamboyant Captain
• Mach Rider could either be a mounted character, a character that uses a smattering of body armor to transform into a motorcycle, or a hardcore biker gang fighter

DLEAF

Smash Apprentice
Since a lot of people here seem to like Simon, could someone give me a recommendation on where to start with Castlevania and/or the best games? Love me some Metroidvanias.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470

here i made a whole video on mach Rider (and sort of excitebiker) and why mach rider is likely. As far as why people WANT them i think its more they fill the retro spot than an actual desire for the character. i do think mach rider is pretty cool but why i guess at it is more because of the fact that sakurai has mentioned wanting to add mach rider before, i think the vifam robot figure interview could point to mach riders inclusion, and we always get an out there character and retro rep and mach rider fits that well while also having some reasonable evidence that it'll be mach this time.
Remember watching that vid a while back! Awesome work, on your whole channel btw.

Now, is it not the wrong way of going after potential newcomers for "filling a quota" ?
I remember there always had to be a Pokémon character, a Fire Emblem, a Retro and a new 3rd Party each time. It's patterns. People obsesses about them.
Personally, I think it's wrong. Take Dixie Kong as an example. People who actually want her, for being unique and true to the character, and have been wanting her for some time, those I can support, those I can gladly agree with, but people who want Dixie to fill an echo "quota?" is something I think is the wrong way of going for characters. Shadow ... Who wanted Shadow before the echo? Same with Dark Samus. (Not saying these characters did not have a fanbase of course, but they doubled in popularity after the whole echo fever, as you simply put it yourself 'PG')

I believe that a character's support should come from people actually wanting to see them in the game. Believe that they will make a great addition, and focus your support towards desire. Not saying that speculating other characters from different series is not fun, because it is very fun, but wanting, or supporting characters just to fill some sort of imaginary void, I believe that's not how fanbases work, or should work.

That's one of the reasons I don't particurarly like the idea of Mach Rider, and Excitebiker, when they are stated to only being desired to fill those quotas. Same with all this echo bull. It's tedious, honestly. And as I said, regarding Mach, and Excite, I'd love to feel excited and hyped for their possible addition, but I don't find them exciting (which is my opinion, which does not mean it's the law), and that's sort of why I wanted to ask people, so that they could hook me onto their idea, but if all people want them is for filling some role, which easily could be filled with other characters that I know got a burning fanbase behind them with ideas, passion, and lots of dedication, that fuels me, and that sells me onto the characters.

I don't want this to feel like a rant, but I do think it's important to put some perspective to your thoughts. (Not you specifically PapaG, but in general). I just kinda wish to hear from a burning fan of Mach and Excitebike, so that perhaps even I could see them, as I don't wish to see them, if all I can go by is filling the Retro pick.

RandomAce

Smash Champion

Heh, I forgot about using the toy as a model.

I always assumed it would be for Elma but now that she is probably going to have a cinematic for her FS, I can see it as a possibility, But I don’t see why Sakurai would spoil something like that if he was working on Smash.

As long as Ayumi gets in (she is a lot more WTF than Mach Rider, in terms of Western audiences, she’s a classic in Japan) then I would be fine with her, hopefully.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Pff. Again, lad has like three different supernatural abilities. I don't think one weapon will make the difference.

About biker retros, yeah, I can't see how they can work without going to the Fox way. Maybe like Duck Hunt, the solution will be something nobody could predict, that's the whole deal of retro fighters aside from "reps".
I wonder if they can find a way to add a motorcycle theme to a moveset without having them always be on a bike.

One idea I've thought is if, which works more for Mach Rider than for Excitebiker, is for them to have just the bike wheels attached to their back, so they can take them off and use them for melee attacks, as throwing discs, perhaps combine them with, say, a chain whip to act as a ball and chain, ect. They could use the wheels as a motorcycle in a kind of disjointed way, or they can still summon their proper motorcycle when they need it.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I wonder if they'll clarify who the female in the arcade version is.

Given it was the 80's it could either be the other survivor of the alien invasion or Mach Rider without the armor.

Last edited:

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
BOTW Zelda could’ve easily happened, but besides the booty being covered up, ALBW Zelda being chosen to smash is for the best

whats weird about the whole “too many swordfighters” argument is how overall there isn’t that many of them
Full enough Swordfighters: :ultcloud::ultcorrin::ultike::ultlink::ultmarth::ultlucina::ultmetaknight::ultrobin:ultroy::ultshulk::ulttoonlink::ultyounglink::4miisword:

Part Timers and those who are considered to be...even though they’re not really: :ultganondorf::ultgreninja::ultkirby::ultmegaman::ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultzelda:

Not at the slightest: :ultbayonetta::ultbowser::ultbowserjr::ultfalcon::ultdiddy::ultdk::ultdoc::ultduckhunt::ultfalco::ultfox::ulticeclimbers::ultinkling::ultjigglypuff::ultkingdedede::ultlittlemac::ultlucario::ultlucas::ultluigi::ultmario::ultmetaknight::ultmewtwo::ultgnw::ultness::ultolimar::ultpacman::ultpalutena::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultpichu::ultpikachu::ultsheik::ultpokemontrainer::ultridley::ultrob::ultrosalina::ultryu::ultsamus::ultsnake::ultsonic::ultvillager::ultwario::ultwiifittrainer::ultwolf::ultyoshi::ultzss::4miibrawl::4miigun:

We do have a good amount of anime swordfighters though (Zelda/Fire Emblem/Xenoblade/Kid Icarus and I suppose Pokémon)
Have you seen Sheik? Zelda's booty has been on full display all along, even with her new design.
ss_2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom