• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staarih

Smash Master
I was lowkey expecting Pac-Man as today’s blog update because I remember someone pointing out how we’ve had a 3rd party character each week in the order they were introduced (Snake, Sonic and Mega Man), but oh well.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Oh no yeah I love reference alts it’s just... why make the reference if you’re not even going to change her hair to the same blonde hair Viridi has. It’s just shooting it’s foot of referencing by unnecessarily holding back the reference AND shooting it’s OTHER foot by making it visually indistinct from the other alts

Edit: it’s like “go big or go home” if you’re not going all the way then it’s just gonna come off as kinda lazy at best?
I assume like :ultcloud::ultdoc::ultike:y:ultluigi::ultmario::ultmarth::ultpacman::ultrosalina::ultroy::ultshulk::ultsonic::ultwiifittrainer:, the hair color is too attached to the character known as :ultpalutena: (not that it’s too bad of a reason)
I was lowkey expecting Pac-Man as today’s blog update because I remember someone pointing out how we’ve had a 3rd party character each week in the order they were introduced (Snake, Sonic and Mega Man), but oh well.
Reminder of how there’s no pattern in anything Smash related from Sakurai

Pakky

Smash Hero
In this hypothetical scenario, one of the remaining 3 unique newcomers will definitely be a Pokemon from Gen 7.
This might be a case of “muh pattern” but I think if we get guys from gen 7 we might get two of them. And just based on how Pokemon get into smash neither of these two I think will be a wolf or an owl. There’s just not enough evidence. Though this means nothing but I think an explanation would need to surface if the owl or wolf get in. Because from a design and cultural stand from Japan’s Point of view and from Pokemon’s Point of view respectively Incenaror and Mimikyu make the most sense

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
In this hypothetical scenario, one of the remaining 3 unique newcomers will definitely be a Pokemon from Gen 7.
Not sure I'd say definitely, given how Smash speculation has gone the last 3 - 4 times but let's say 95% sure.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Here's an idea.

Give your reason for wanting your most most wanted character
Don't try to sell me on the character, just give a explanation on why they're important to you and why you want them.
A lot of it is just that I love Bethesda RPGs.

Most RPGs don’t do much for me. Not that I can’t get into them - I did love Dragon Age - but having the characters mostly set and linear worlds make it not feel like an RPG. When I play, I want to be transported into another world. I love the idea of open-world freeform RPGs. I’m the exact person that will spend days laboring to plan a name, a look, a whole background reason for doing anything.

I’m one if those lunatics that try to make the game as realistic (read: unfun) as possible. I always check the time so I know to eat or sleep, and I’ve recently gotten into the habit of being careful how much I push the control stick because it’s impossible to run continuously. If there were a way to open a portal to Skyrim and be the character myself, I’d take it.

That’s what drew me to Bethesda’s in the first place. Like a lot of fans, I started with Morrowind. Even after all of this time, it’s still an amazing game with pretty memorable characters and environments. Not to mention Jeremy Soule’s incredible soundtrack. I was so excited for Oblivion after that, and loved experiencing another world. And once Skyrim was released, I spent days there as well. Yes, each game has its issues, and I do think that a lot of the main gameplay for Skyrim was simplified (why no weapon/armor damage? Why no attributes?) but I loved it all the same.

I’m also a huge fan of the viking-esque artstyle. The armor, castle, dungeon, and landscape designs are out of this world. I actually had to stop during my first playthrough as I walked to Whiterun at night because there was an aurora. It was one of the most beautiful scenes I’d ever seen in a game.

Beyond art, though, Skyrim’s also got an iconic look for the playable character over the other two games. The Nerevarine and the Champion of Cyrodiil had great abilities, but the promotional material really didn’t show a single character because they wanted to show options. Not that they don’t exist, but they’re really not iconic. The Last Dragonborn however has a look which is referenced in all promos to the extent that people who don’t play still recognize that helmet (which is the worst heavy armor in the game, but so awesome go see). Also beyond the other two, Dovahkiin does have a unique ability of the Dragon Shouts. The promos made Fus Ro Dah into a meme within hours of its reveal (and who wouldn’t have fun ragdolling people off a mountain?).

So in essence, Dovahkiin represents one of my favorite game companies, my favorite genres, my favorite artstyle, all in one iconic look. Even if Skyrim is starting to show it’s age, it’ll be hard to move to another part of Tamriel in ESVI if it means losing the Nordic style.

And I also can’t deny that seeing a canonical dragonslayer taking on Charizard, Corrin, or Ridley would be awesome. Or to see him cross blades with Link, whose latest game left a lot of the old Zelda formula behind for a lot of Bethesda-esque open-world RPG elements. Skyrim was the game Nintendo chose to show off the Switch’s capabilities (Skyrim was the second game shown off for the Switch after BotW - even before Mario - and showed the Switch could handle the ‘big boy’ games usually exclusive to Xbox/PS), so having the Dragonborn in Smash would be an epic way to show how Nintendo is not just the kiddy company anymore. Plus, a playable Dragonborn would also bring a gorgeous Skyrim stage and incredible music along as well.

...that went a bit longer than I’d expected. I just love it so much! Now I really need to go back and play Skyrim again...

BlueMagician

Smash Journeyman
At the time the project plan was finalized, I think Pokemon had recently been outsold by Yokai Watch, so I really wonder about a Pokemon newcomer.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
This might be a case of “muh pattern” but I think if we get guys from gen 7 we might get two of them. And just based on how Pokemon get into smash neither of these two I think will be a wolf or an owl. There’s just not enough evidence. Though this means nothing but I think an explanation would need to surface if the owl or wolf get in. Because from a design and cultural stand from Japan’s Point of view and from Pokemon’s Point of view respectively Incenaror and Mimikyu make the most sense
I'm sorry, but you lost me.

If Sakurai is adding two Pokemon into Ultimate, I think his process of deciding who those two Pokemon should be will go farther than him choosing a Pokemon that's based off an animal which represents Japan's culture.

Last edited:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
I don't think there's any way any of us will be able to predict which Pokemon will be chosen. If at all. There's plenty of good contenders and no one has real evidence to support which one will be chosen.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
As futile as it is to predict, I have one idea that may help up figure who could still be added, process of eliminations.

Let's look at it this way

1. A returning character from Brawl or Melee counts as newcomer from a dev standpoint
2. Third Party Series won't get two characters without negotiations that may be better spent expanding to brand new series
3. A series most likley won't get more than one Echo.

From that, series who have gotten new characters (compared to Smash 4):

Mario: One newcomer with Daisy (Echo), big enough to get another character but may not be room
Zelda: Young Link as a new Semi-clone, keeping old Link's tricks alive..
Metroid: :ultridley:
Star Fox: Wolf as a new-character-that-takes-inspiration-but-if-I-even-imply-clone-of-any-level-I-get-shot with a new SFZ look
Pokemon: Pichu, Squirtle and Ivysaur return to take the title of most characters back from Mario
Ice Climber: May count as the game's new retro rep

Series with Echos

Mario: As noted above
Fire Emblem: Lucina
Kid Icarus: Dark Pit

Series with no new characters so far (ones to look at)

Donkey Kong
Yoshi
Kirby
Earthbound
F-Zero
Wario
Pikmin
Animal Crossing
Wii Fit
Punch Out
Xenoblade

Pakky

Smash Hero
I'm sorry, but you lost me.

If Sakurai is adding two Pokemon into Ultimate, I think his process of deciding who those two Pokemon should be will go farther than him choosing a Pokemon that's based off an animal which represents Japan's culture.
No incenaror is Tiger mask a popular Japanese wrestler that’s represented in tons of media on of the most prominent examples is Tekken’s King and Armored King

SmashBros50

Smash Apprentice
Here's an idea.

Don't try to sell me on the character, just give a explanation on why they're important to you and why you want them.

As a (amateur) character designer, Ashley's solid design immediately stood out to me when I saw her in Smash 4.
I started to really like her when I figured out who she was and where she came from, her lonely nature and want for friendship really struck a chord with me at the time as I was a pretty lonely guy myself. I also think she'd be fun to play with great moveset potential and I would love it if a character I connected with made it into one of my favorite games of all time.
So for me the character is Toad. Back when I first got my Wii when I was a kid, I'd exclusively play Mario games. Mario Party 8, Mario Kart Wii, and I would always choose Toad. He was my all time favorite character; I'd NEVER choose anyone else in those two games. Come July 2008, I'm at my cousin's house playing Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and immediately I don't see Toad anywhere. It was the first time I had to choose someone else to play as. The was a blessing in disguise though, as it introduced me to new characters and games once I got in come 2010. Despite playing as these new characters however, I still felt one character was missing. Now come June 2011, Smash Bros 4 was just announced. It was the first time I'd get to experience the hype leading up to a new Smash game. So there and then, Toad was solidified as my #1 most wanted behind Little Mac and Mega Man. I was excited for the next couple years to come with the Smash hype everywhere.

Now come 2014 my dreams were crushed as Toad never got in, so alright maybe next time. March 2018, Ultimate is announced. Toad is right back up to number #1. June rolls around, he appears in Peach's moveset more often. Damn it. In conclusion the reason why I want Toad (realistically at this point Captain Toad) is because I've been waiting 10 years for it to happen, and my dreams have been crushed too many times. We got Mega Man and Little Mac though so I'm happy, but Toad would complete me.

Heracr055

Smash Ace
Which character (s) do you think got the best aesthetic look? I'll play devil's advocate and state I am not a huge fan of Zelda's redesign (but hey, at least she got something new that people are excited about). On the other hand, Young Link's animations and model look fantastic. 2nd place banana goes to DK for his expressive facial animations and wicked new cargo grab animation.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
As futile as it is to predict, I have one idea that may help up figure who could still be added, process of eliminations.

Let's look at it this way

1. A returning character from Brawl or Melee counts as newcomer from a dev standpoint
2. Third Party Series won't get two characters without negotiations that may be better spent expanding to brand new series
3. A series most likley won't get more than one Echo.

From that, series who have gotten new characters (compared to Smash 4):

Mario: One newcomer with Daisy (Echo), big enough to get another character but may not be room
Zelda: Young Link as a new Semi-clone, keeping old Link's tricks alive..
Metroid: :ultridley:
Star Fox: Wolf as a new-character-that-takes-inspiration-but-if-I-even-imply-clone-of-any-level-I-get-shot with a new SFZ look
Pokemon: Pichu, Squirtle and Ivysaur return to take the title of most characters back from Mario
Ice Climber: May count as the game's new retro rep

Series with Echos

Mario: As noted above
Fire Emblem: Lucina
Kid Icarus: Dark Pit

Series with no new characters so far (ones to look at)

Donkey Kong
Yoshi
Kirby
Earthbound
F-Zero
Wario
Pikmin
Animal Crossing
Wii Fit
Punch Out
Xenoblade
I don't think that's how it works. I don't think Sakurai says "What series needs a new character." And in the case of echos, he probably choses characters that would be easy additions. So that means even Mario could get another echo if it was easy enough.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Here's an idea.

As a (amateur) character designer, Ashley's solid design immediately stood out to me when I saw her in Smash 4.
I started to really like her when I figured out who she was and where she came from, her lonely nature and want for friendship really struck a chord with me at the time as I was a pretty lonely guy myself. I also think she'd be fun to play with great moveset potential and I would love it if a character I connected with made it into one of my favorite games of all time.
When Mimikyu was first revealed I thought it was kinda dumb. Its backstory completely shifted my opinion, though. Its design went from "kinda ugly" to "endearing" in a heartbeat. It being lonely and trying to imitate something it just isn't to make friends really spoke to me, since I had a terribly lonely childhood myself. It felt the the mon was designed for me, or people like me.

I want it in the game because its my favorite and will likely always be my favorite. I don't really think they could imagine anything more special, in my opinion.

I want it in Smash because Ghost/Fairy would have some sick visuals and because its my favorite Pokemon.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
I don't think that's how it works. I don't think Sakurai says "What series needs a new character." And in the case of echos, he probably choses characters that would be easy additions. So that means even Mario could get another echo if it was easy enough.
This is why I think Chrom has a chance to be at least an echo. Chrom was very near finished in Smash 4 and has a better model then some characters do (look at Lucina's model in Smash 4 and look at Chrom, it's almost night and day) so echo or even his own character, Chrom has a better chance then some think.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
No incenaror is Tiger mask a popular Japanese wrestler that’s represented in tons of media on of the most prominent examples is Tekken’s King and Armored King
Yes, but people overseas may have no idea who or what Tiger Mask is. Sakurai's reasoning behind adding a Pokemon shouldn't be because of a cultural reference to Japan. He needs to look at how other countries will look at it too, kinda like how he's shown hesitation with Takamaru.

Now if Sakurai were to add Incineroar because he knew it would be recurring in the anime or because he thought it had interesting moveset potential, that'd be fair and understandable, as neither reasons would be excluding other parts of the world when he made his decision.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
There are already 3 Echo Fighters in Ultimate.

I don't expect much more. Maybe only one more.

I think an Echo is going to be a popular character that Sakurai would not spend time on to include as a fighter except for slightly tweaking another one.

I don't think there is going to be an attempt to look at each fighter and ponder how many echoes can be spawned from them.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Which character (s) do you think got the best aesthetic look? I'll play devil's advocate and state I am not a huge fan of Zelda's redesign (but hey, at least she got something new that people are excited about). On the other hand, Young Link's animations and model look fantastic. 2nd place banana goes to DK for his expressive facial animations and wicked new cargo grab animation.
Palutena and Robin. Manga styled characters really benefited from the updated models imo and both of their renders are gorgeous. I also liked Peach, Ice Climbers, Samus (both forms), Dark Pit and Cloud.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I'm going to share a brief story for you guys. It relates to me currently playing through the Kingdom Hearts series for the first time ever, and why it has taken me this long.

When I was a kid, I watched Disney movies every once in awhile. I was also a Nintendo junkie. Anything that was gaming but not Nintendo, to me, was trash and not nearly as great as my great capitalist ogrelords. Final Fantasy? Nope. Mega Man? Get outta here. The only one that had an excuse was Sonic, and that's because I was ironically prescribed video games for hand eye coordination and started with a Sega Genesis, then had SA2 on Gamecube.

Seeing Kingdom Hearts for the first time, I immediately was like, "Dafuq is this ****? Disney, in MY video games??? Get that out of here", and disregarded it. It's been that way for years.

Recently, however, two of my closest friends encouraged me to at least try it. After all, Final Fantasy has grown on me over the years (played 10 in college, 7 right around the time Cloud got revealed for Smash, and then 15 when it came out), and now that I'm older and have ironically had more exposure to Disney, I felt I could handle it without getting salty.

I'm not roughly halfway through Chain of Memories. The games are really fun. It's still difficult to take some of the Disney aspects seriously, but I can say that I'm happily surprised with the results.

I'm totally down for Sora in Smash. I think there's definitely material to use. In terms of the Keyblade, they could definitely take the liberty of having the OG Keyblade appear similar but equip it with a real nice Smash Logo keychain, rather than the Mickey Mouse one (that would probably be the most hype reveal for Sora to be honest).

I think the moveset writes itself, and personally think having the Master Sword, Buster Sword, Yato, Keyblade, Monado, Falchion, and Ragnell all in one game would be pretty badass (even though only like 3-4 of them are actually iconic), and in terms of popularity, I believe Sora is the most sought after 3rd party character in Japan. I'm not surprised. He probably surged in the Ballot, especially after Cloud was revealed.

That said, what does concern me with Sora is the fact that removing Disney material from the equation might make things seem a little...dry. We got comparatively minimal Final Fantasy content aside from Cloud and Midgar, so I suppose the potential for getting Sora, and then maybe Traverse Town or Destiny Islands as a stage might not be too bad. I already know of a few people who don't think it would "be Sora" if Donald and Goofy aren't there, but to me it seems that would probably cost Nintendo more than Sora himself for a rather minimal role in the game.

I'm not certain of a Final Smash (as the first idea involves Donald and Goofy, which to me isn't practical), but I am only in Chain of Memories...which I'm glad I'm playing on easy btw. The gameplay is painful compared to what I had in 1 and will have in 2.

Anyway, Sora for Smash!

Last edited:

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
I don't think there's any way any of us will be able to predict which Pokemon will be chosen. If at all. There's plenty of good contenders and no one has real evidence to support which one will be chosen.
This.

its one of the hardest choices when making a prediction roster, to the point where if i feel pokemon will get another rep, I usually just add a "pokemon" spot and dont even bother with trying to choose between the top contenders.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Robin looks great now. Link could have kept his historic handedness, but he looks great as well. Can’t say I’m a huge fan of Zelda’s or Ike’s designs - Zelda looks a bit too childish and I don’t know how I feel about the fact that her dress has t-shirt sleeves (I’d have loved her royal BotW gown), and I prefer Ike’s swole design in general, but the face of that one looks off in the videos.

Ridley also looks disgusting in an awesome way, and Young Link looks great this round. I would have preferred Ganondorf to go with his HW design though, there’s something odd about the new one, but I can’t figure out what.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Robin looks great now. Link could have kept his historic handedness, but he looks great as well. Can’t say I’m a huge fan of Zelda’s or Ike’s designs - Zelda looks a bit too childish and I don’t know how I feel about the fact that her dress has t-shirt sleeves (I’d have loved her royal BotW gown), and I prefer Ike’s swole design in general, but the face of that one looks off in the videos.

Ridley also looks disgusting in an awesome way, and Young Link looks great this round. I would have preferred Ganondorf to go with his HW design though, there’s something odd about the new one, but I can’t figure out what.

Are you going to main ridley now that japan has dubbed him "captain america"? also side note i have a friend whos name is "steve rogers" for realz.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Are you going to main ridley now that japan has dubbed him "captain america"? also side note i have a friend whos name is "steve rogers" for realz.
I’ll definitely be playing him, no doubt about that. He was one of my most wanted, even though I never played a Metroid game.

Still, there’s only one character who could get me to move Link to a secondary...

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Comic Con gameplay for those who want to see more gameplay..also more new lines from Pit (this time for calling the Lightning Chariot)

D

Deleted member

Here's an idea.

Simon Belmont. Super Castlevania 4 is probably my favorite SNES game (right alongside FF6) and Simon has become my favorite Belmont and protagonist of the franchise thanks to my passion for him beign in Smash. In my journey to research as to why Simon Belmont is the best Castlevania choice, i ended up learing so much more of the franchise and it only made me more confident on the character.

I have desired him since 2013 after MM's reveal, but everyone always turned him down because "MUH ONE PER COMPANY RULE" that was just so prevalent in the pre-Smash 4 era, so i didn't saw much disscussion of him because of that. Thankfully, Ryu's inclusion made that "rule" dissapear, and only had to worry about Konami, which also stopped beign an issue once Snake returned. This is not even mentioning that some people dind't even saw him as the "default" choice for a Castlevania character even though i could do a bible of text as to explain why that is and was always the case. So i had the opprotunity to see Simon going from this one character people always ignored to beign one of the most talked about in recent memory, and as someone who wanted him way back when i was still just a teen, it makes me happy.

Of course, when i talk about Simon, i talk about the Classic Barbaric design that you see in the NES cover art and other stuff like Grimoire of Souls and Super Bomberman R, not the Chornicles design, i hate that one. If it were for me, i would treat Chronicles Simon in the same way Star Wars treats the Star Wars Holiday Special, i wouldn't even acknowledge its existence (even though i know there's chance that Chronicles Simon will pop up in Smash, but im still confident that Simon will look like the classic Barbarian since Konami is marketing that look as his main one, or at the very least he will be the default costume)

osby

Smash Obsessed
I'm not even Japanese and I'm also calling him that. It's kinda interesting how specific most of his fanbase is.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Comic Con gameplay for those who want to see more gameplay..also more new lines from Pit (this time for calling the Lightning Chariot)
!!! I heard it! That’s where he said “Xenoblade characters”, plural!

Also was Mewtwo playable in the E3 demo? Cause if not I think they may have added him for the SDCC demo

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
!!! I heard it! That’s where he said “Xenoblade characters”, plural!

Also was Mewtwo playable in the E3 demo? Cause if not I think they may have added him for the SDCC demo
Since the SDCC demo is the E3 build yes, but there isn’t too many videos about him (more than the dead Mega Man and Pac Man, but weirdly equal to Pit)

DLEAF

Smash Apprentice
Valkyrie from Namco's titular franchise. Pics are cropped shots from her Japanese manga.
Thanks! It's always cool to hear about new franchises and characters.

Here's an idea.

Guess I'm a little late, but DK64 is one of my all-time favorite games. And in that game, Lanky Kong stands out for me. He's got this really silly appearance, matched with even sillier abilities like a handstand that lets him walk up slippery slopes, or inflating like a balloon. He really captures the essence of collect-a-thons like DK64 and Banjo-Kazooie perfectly: the essence of being utterly ridiculous.

Mainly, to me, Lanky Kong represents DK64 as a whole, and him being in Smash would make me immensely happy. I imagine he'd be fun and unique to play as, so he has everything I could ask for in a character (or I could just settle with the DK Rap).

Also, in the battle mode, he's seriously overpowered, he can hit you from a mile away with a standard punch.

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778
Man if we had a character originally from an eroge in a Smash game... well, that would be something.
おはよう  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Just so you know, I'm sigging this.

Side note that only me and 3 other people might care about. But I find it kind of cool that Mega Man's Gear logo now works much better for him since Mega Man 11 has the Double Gear system, rather than it being some standard robot thing.
Actually, the gear is a reference to how several of the Japanese Mega Man games had gears in their title screens.

ShadowKoopa

Smash Rookie
Here's an idea.

So my most wanted is Toon Zelda. Wind Waker was the first 3D Zelda I beat and it's still one of the favourites in the series. I want Toon Zelda since it's weird to me Link has a younger version of himself while Zelda doesn't. Every time Link is a child Zelda is too. So I wanted Toon Zelda for those reasons. Plus I always preferred the smaller Links so maybe I'll like Zelda more then.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yeah, ****** were disappointing me with the lack of Mega Man and Pac-Man footage. Even Snake didn't get much play. Cowards, the lot of them.

At least we saw some Ridley and Inkling stuff.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
If we're getting two Pokémon, then I hope they both come from different Gens. Giving me a Gen 7 Pokémon? Cool! Giving me a Pokémon from a Gen not yet represented? Just as cool.

?????????????

Smash Master
Here's an idea.

Let me preface mine a little bit; my true most wanted character of all time was Little Mac. Currently, I have claimed several characters as "one of my most wanted," but my singular, personal most wanted newcomer at this time is Rayman.

First off, Rayman, compared to Mario, Donkey Kong, Pokemon, Street Fighter, Star Fox, Punch-Out!!, and Sonic is pretty much the only character I grew up playing the games of that isn't in Smash Bros. already, so I have a more personal connection.

Rayman 2 was among the many N64 games I played as a kid, and I loved it. It made me actively anticipate new Rayman games to play. I immediately picked up Rayman 3 on the GameCube and loved it, and although I didn't finish it, I was also able to play Rayman Advance, the GBA remake of the first Rayman game.

For a long time after that, I waited. Rayman Raving Rabbids came out, and I played a little bit of it, but it wasn't what I was waiting for. In fact, what I was waiting for (Rayman 4) never happened; it felt like Rayman effectively died off and was replaced with the Rabbids, and even at that, Ubisoft was doing much better with it's other newer series, like Assassin's Creed, so I kinda gave up on Rayman.

Suddenly, BAM. Rayman Origins. Loved it. And then BAM! Rayman Legends! MASTERPIECE. It's restored my faith that the Rayman series can continue after all!

The Rayman Trophy in Smash 4 felt like SUCH a tease! We'd never seen that before; a third party character just getting a trophy? I just want him to finally make it all the way!! I don't want Rayman to be forgotten!!!

UserKev

Smash Champion
I'm glad someone mentioned this. Zelda's look has been massively displeasing since Brawl and her Smash Ultimate look doesn't justify it. It looks off and random.

It should have been her Breath of The Wild look with a revamped move set and NOT! because of the memes behind it.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Yeah, ****** were disappointing me with the lack of Mega Man and Pac-Man footage. Even Snake didn't get much play. Cowards, the lot of them.

At least we saw some Ridley and Inkling stuff.
Snake is starting to have more gameplay for himself, but it seems like Bayo and Cloud are trying to take his place for something (Sonic is just there being used as much as Mario)

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I don't even care about a revamped moveset. I just wanted Zelda to get her BotW design because it was my favorite incarnation of her. Even if her new Smash design better represents the mythical world of Zelda, I'm tired of the typical medieval magical princess look we always get. I wanted to see something more modern and realistic, and I feel like the BotW design was exactly what I was looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom