• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
It's be satisfying for me if the third parties are all characters I PEOPLE IN GENERAL actually wanted.

Last edited:

?????????????

Smash Master
It's be satisfying for me if the third parties arw all characters I actually wanted.
It’d be satisfying for me if Sakurai directly took my advice on precisely which character choices should be in Smash Bros.

But it’s not all about me, is it?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Wouldn't we all be like that with all our pipe dreams? :smirk:
It’d be satisfying for me if Sakurai directly took my advice on precisely which character choices should be in Smash Bros.

But it’s not all about me, is it?
Maybe I misspoke.
I'm saying, maybe people shouldn't want newcomers to fill arbitrary quotas.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Maybe I misspoke.
I'm saying, maybe people shouldn't want newcomers to fill arbitrary quotas.
The only arbitrary quota that should be filled is "is the character fun to play as?"

Just realised I spent two hours writing that Digimon mega-post. XD

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I mean, the only ones who would fill that quota is Namco and Konami.

:ultsonic::ultbayonetta:
:ultmegaman::ultryu:
:ultpacman: ?
:ultsnake: ?

EDIT: I forgot Square Enix existed

Last edited:

P.Kat

Smash Champion
"Meet The Baddies"

I kind of like that, if they'd do badass character videos for these baddies like the entire Meet The Crew-videos overall.
"Spitting's a good job mate.

It's challenging work, outerdoors.

I guarantee you'll not go hungry - 'Cause at the end of the day, long as there's two mooks left on the planet, someone is gonna want someone dead."

- Top Hat Octorok

You're really missing out young man.

Oh man, *facepalm* Only just now I realize that the girl from the manga pic in your posts, is a game character, Valkyrie from the Namco franchise.
That's pretty much all I know. Can you tell me more about the character? Do you think she would be a good newcomer for Ultimate?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
The only arbitrary quota that should be filled is "is the character fun to play as?"

Just realised I spent two hours writing that Digimon mega-post. XD
I dunno, people requested Ice Climbers, and the optimal way to play them is about as fun as tapping buttons to the beat of a metronome.
Good work on that digimon post too

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Say, I've had a thought. While it's unlikely now, it would have been so cool if the Halberd stage had text-only running commentary by the ship's crew on the various fighters.
So like how DBFZ has in-game characters do commentary over the match? (Or replays if they're a bit too annoying for you)

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
On the Isaac support thread, @SonicLink125 posted this image; apparently, someone on Twitter (not SonicLink) compiled a Top 10 list for Reddit, 4Chan, GameFAQs, Source Gaming and this very site.
The fact that Crash is on 4 of 5 of these lists makes my heart complete

CRASH FOR SMASH

What do you think about Isaac being a Cloud's echo fighter?

How the hell is that even possible? Makes zero sense

Speaking of Pokemon, i'm thinking in a good echo fighters for Pokemon franchise:

Squirtle - Totodile
There's one small problem with that: Squirtle uses a shell to attack sometimes and Totodile is just another water type with no shell

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I really would like to see more Western characters in Smash, if it's moving towards being a celebration of gaming history over Nintendo history.
And no, not just because I want Dovahkiin and think Bethesda should get something.
The US market is immense, but out of 65 characters (-3 Miis, +3 echoes), only one did not originate from Japan :ultdiddy:, and it's pretty well agreed that that series is underrepresented by every possible metric.

I think we're at the point that there are classic and iconic Western series that dwarf the popularity of many potential Japanese 3rd party or Nintendo 1st party series newcomers. If Smash is to be a celebration of all gaming, it can't keep ignoring the West.

I used to be pretty anti-third party, but with everyone returning, I'm much more open to the idea of third-parties now. They'd make great DLC though, so those who don't want their game 'contaminated,' as it were, could keep them out.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
On the Isaac support thread, @SonicLink125 posted this image; apparently, someone on Twitter (not SonicLink) compiled a Top 10 list for Reddit, 4Chan, GameFAQs, Source Gaming and this very site.
Nice to see Bandana Dee on every single one

Also interesting to see what characters aren't on any of them.

KMDP

Smash Legend
If Crash is made playable, he better have unique death animations for getting KO'd in Stamina Mode depending on what killed him and one for falling below the bottom blast zone.

If his shoes don't fly back up when he drops off the stage instead of the usual blast: 0/10 worst game. (I'm joking, obviously)

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
If Crash is made playable, he better have unique death animations for getting KO'd in Stamina Mode depending on what killed him and one for falling below the bottom blast zone.

If his shoes don't fly back up when he drops off the stage instead of the usual blast: 0/10 worst game. (I'm joking, obviously)
Or how about having his Dair be the belly flop, and it would have 90 frames of lag (both starting and ending). THAT would be true to his character...

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545

I'm gonna laugh my ass off if Crash gets an unique death related to his Crash games

And there were times I wanted Mario, Luigi, and Sonic to jump off the screen as they were KO'd

D

Deleted member

Crash can't steal Busby's gimmick! Also, Bubsy would be the first Smash character to have falling damage! Clearly, Bubsy is the better option.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Crash can't steal Busby's gimmick! Also, Bubsy would be the first Smash character to have falling damage! Clearly, Bubsy is the better option.
I got one better. If Bubsy uses up his recovery and he's still over a pit, he would lock into a death animation and you would have no control as he falls like a rock

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Hey guys, I just woke up from a big nap after traveling home, what'd I-

Headline: SUPER SMASH BROS CREATOR WAS GLAD THE ROSTER DIDN'T LEAK

Oh, it's the post-E3 interview? So not all leaks are dead?
9c0.jpg

I just had a near crisis, how are you guys?

Last edited:

blackghost

Smash Champion
Genuine question then: What can he do that's different than Ryu?
Ryu is already a pretty vanilla addition, so I'm not sure what Heihachi would bring that's any more interesting
i know this was a while ago. but HOW is ryu vanilla? he has a unique counter, input moves, one of two moves that ignores shields (shulk counter), normal variations, cancel windows, unique combos, and more that is much more technical. he has more unique traits than any other character in the series.
people saying ryu and Heihachi are alike and dont have variety between them is like saying we dont need anymore sword chaarcters ever because we have marth. Heihachi has his family's martial arts: electric upper ,, multi-sweeps, lomg sweeping kicks. he could also have tekken duck under to fight projectiles like street fighter x tekken.

it really feels like huge numbers o fpeople that post here haven't played thatmany games outside nintendo. (especially the given the vitriol towards third parties) Heihachi got a mii costume before k king k and geno did. he has been referenced in other fighting games and even appears in some party games. he is also a big character in japan where tekken is king. heihachi would be great in this game many peopel would love him. this reaction to him to is almost identical as to what ryu received in the day before he was out.

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Hey guys, I just woke up from a big nap after traveling home, what'd I-

Headline: SUPER SMASH BROS CREATOR WAS GLAD THE ROSTER DIDN'T LEAK

Oh, it's the post-E3 interview? So not all leaks are dead?
View attachment 153619

I just had a near crisis, how are you guys?
Speaking of which, is there another batch of laughable leaks today?

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
I really would like to see more Western characters in Smash, if it's moving towards being a celebration of gaming history over Nintendo history.
And no, not just because I want Dovahkiin and think Bethesda should get something.
The US market is immense, but out of 65 characters (-3 Miis, +3 echoes), only one did not originate from Japan :ultdiddy:, and it's pretty well agreed that that series is underrepresented by every possible metric.

I think we're at the point that there are classic and iconic Western series that dwarf the popularity of many potential Japanese 3rd party or Nintendo 1st party series newcomers. If Smash is to be a celebration of all gaming, it can't keep ignoring the West.

I used to be pretty anti-third party, but with everyone returning, I'm much more open to the idea of third-parties now. They'd make great DLC though, so those who don't want their game 'contaminated,' as it were, could keep them out.
While so we Yankees have still had some influence-Ridley seems to have gotten into the game solely based on our demand, so much so that Japanese forums have started nicknaming him Captain America. )I am totally serious.
Plus we did see Rayman and Commander Video as trophies in Sm4sh as well-that barrier will very likely break with this game.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
You already have Captain America. :ultridley: yea i know not many call him that but thats the joke

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
While so we Yankees have still had some influence-Ridley seems to have gotten into the game solely based on our demand, so much so that Japanese forums have started nicknaming him Captain America (I am totally serious.)
Plus we did see Rayman and Commander Video as trophies in Sm4sh as well-that barrier will very likely break with this game.
The whole Captain Ridley thing is faaaaake news.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Speaking of which, is there another batch of laughable leaks today?
Why yes, yes I do. Quite a few as well since I'm making up for the whole day.
Nintendo will reveal 2 characters in august, Ken as a Ryu Echo fighter and Heihachi as an all new character.

In october they will make a smash direct where they are going to reveal King K. Rool, Shantae and Simon Belmont, they are also going to reveal a new story mode and a new gamemode.

There will be a Pokémon direct in November some days after the Pokémon let's go Pikachu/Evee, where they are going to reveal the new Pokémon games. There will be a character reveal for Decidueye as the last reveal in that direct.

There will be 3 surprise characters when released with trailers after the game release, they will be Ninten as an Echo fighter, Shovel Kinght and the Chorus kids.

Pretending to know exactly when Nintendo will reveal characters?
Shantae would be nice though.
As you all may know, an abundance of fake Smash Ultimate leaks since the first E3 announcement. However, that doesn't mean there weren't a few right ones out of the questionable pit. I and a handful of others have made threads talking of the return of every fighter in Smash history, mine talked about the return of Young Link and Pichu. I will admit, not all information is clear nor
"leaked" per say. As Nintendo themselves are slowly becoming aware of the likes of 4Chan and are slowly securing their games more efficiently. Luckily I gathered a team with other individuals which just so happened to bypass certain lengths and have called ourselves the "Ultimate Leakers".

I, am the leader of this team. We randomly give out information of what to expect for Smash Ultimate, to believe us relies on your hands.

Today I will trace back what the team has given me regarding the newcomers. Some planned for DLC after the game's release, it's important to note that Sakurai sometimes works ahead of time and had this idea for years after the positive reaction of Smash 4's DLC. The game itself still has months of working on, as there is a possible new Story Mode, though not the Space Emissary from Brawl.

>Shadow the Hedgehog: Sonic series

Information on him being an echo of Sonic is unknown, though what was mentioned is that he bares some similarities to the blue blur himself as in speed, only slightly slower but stronger in most attacks with also being a bit heavier than Sonic. Changes like the homing attack is its longer range but less jump compared to Sonic's, damage has not been told exactly but can estimated to be stronger. Another change is the recovery option, the spring is disregarded completely as Shadow preforms chaos control to warp high into the air before falling. Faster than Sonic's spring with the same amount of range, difference being Shadow cannot use aerial attacks like Sonic. Of course, this can be controlled by the player and warp to any direction.

Some final wording on Shadow, his final smash: Super Shadow, is different from Super Sonic. Instead of speeding around the stage at intense speeds, Shadow transforms into his Super form and warps to the center of the stage then unleashes a devastating chaos blast and those who are hit will be trapped in its radius will rapidly increase their damage percentage until the final blow occurs which will mostly likely K.O.

It's said that along with Shadow will come a new stage representing Sonic Forces: that stage will be Park Avenue. Said stage comes with the songs Fist Bump, Theme of Infinite, Park Avenue, I Am... All of Me, and All Hail Shadow to compliment Shadow's debut. A possible remix is mentioned though not completely official on which will get it.

The status of Shadow being DLC or not is unknown, though as he was DLC in Forces as Episode Shadow it could very well be a possibility. Just by speculation, however.

It's true that Sakurai is trying to give series that don't have many fighters will be given good treatment this time around, as Ninten from Earthbound is somewhat popular in the leaks, described as a echo of Ness.

From the Kirby series welcome Bandana Dee, unlockable newcomer as one of the first to be leaked from the team besides Shadow and Ninten, moveset involves the obvious spear, and hints of a parasol, debating if it's apart of the customs or adjustment to the base moveset, to be looked further into.

Donkey Kong will be getting two new reps, Dixie Kong and King K Rool. KKR by high demand and Dixie by Sakurai's request for another rep. Not much info on KKR other than he'll be getting his own stage meanwhile Dixie is to be a semi-echo of Diddy Kong, however she'll be faster but weaker. Animations and attacks differ with her hair usage. Final Smash has not been leaked, yet seems to be different than Diddy's.

ARMS character Spring Man to be DLC, Ribbon Girl as an assist trophy and Spring Stadium as a stage.

After the initial outcry during the E3 trailer, plans have been put in place to upgrade Waluigi from an assist trophy to playable character. His assist trophy will be replaced with Birdo instead.

Sakurai is still debating on how to handle Waluigi's attacks. It is possible that the Mario sports games will be the inspiration.

It is unknown if he'll be DLC or not due to time constraints.

Rex and Pyra will have a trophy in the base game.

Could it be...ONE OF THE FOUR HEAVENLY LEAKERS? What a momentous occasion that they should grace us with their presence!

Wait, they're talking about DLC being developed? Well dang. I'll grace them by putting this one in the graveyard.
Hey guys!

I have inside information on the new Super Smash Bros game.

First of all, all of the "leaks" saying anything about DLC are fake, due to the fact that Sakurai has not started thinking about DLC yet.

Also, echo fighter do not take up other fighters opportunities because they don't take as much time to make.

With that being said, here are the new fighters.

Original Fighters

-King K. Rool
-Dixie Kong (Diddy Kong Semi-Clone)
-Bandana Dee
-Decidueye (New Pokemon Rep.)
-Chorus Kids
-Simon Belmont
-Rayman
-Geno

Echo Fighters
-Medusa (Palutena)
-Dry Bowser (Bowser)
-Ninten (Ness)
-Dark Samus (Samus)
-Impa (Sheik)

Finally, Smash Run and Adventure Mode are returning, due to them being fan-favorite modes.

This is one of the best rosters I've seen from a 4chan leak. Like, if this had Elma and Ashley it'd be literally perfect. That being said, this leak is boring and bland. That's it.
~inhale~
Newcomers Not Announced:
Banjo-Kazooie
Simon Belmont
Tapu Koko
Dark Matter (taking his Dream Land 2/Planet Robobot Form)
Ninten (Echo of Ness)
King K. Rool
Brittany (Echo of Olimar, but uses Rock Pikmin and adopts the style of gameplay from Olimar in Brawl, i.e. no specific Pikmin order and original recovery)
Karate Joe
Shantae
Black Shadow (Echo of C. Falc.)

Mii Costumes return from Smash 4, and their reveal will take place during a Nintendo Direct soon before Ultimate's release. Some costumes you can expect are:
Takamaru (Sword)
Bewear (Brawl)
Samurai Goroh (Sword)
Zero (With his MMZ design and MMX designs as separate costumes) (Sword)
Protoman (Gun)
Bass (Gun)
Captain Falcon (Brawl)
Dark Samus (Gun)
Flying Man (Brawl)
Duster (Brawl)
Stanley the Bugman (Gun, uses bug spray)
Gruntilda (Non-Specific, can be used by all Miis)
Shovel Knight (Sword)
Alucard (Non-Specific, can be used by all Miis)
Resetti (Sword, uses pickax and looks hella dumb)
Isabelle (Gun)
KK Slider (Gun)
Rabbid Mario (Gun)
Rabbid Luigi (Gun)
Rabbid Peach (Gun)
Rabbid Yoshi (Gun)
Captain Syrup (Non-Specific, can be used by all Miis)
Tails (Gun)
Knuckles (Brawl)
Shadow (Gun)
Mighty (Brawl)
Rex (Sword)
Ganondorf (Hyrule Warriors design) (Sword)
Geno (Gun)
Scorpion (Brawl)
Sub-Zero (Gun)
Violent Ken (Brawl)
Blanca (Brawl)
Heihachi (Brawl)
Waluigi (Non-Specific, can be used by all Miis)

New Assist Trophies not Revealed:
Isabelle
Chrom
Bandana Waddle Dee
Spring Man
Murphy (from the Rayman series)
Mumbo
Ramblin' Mushroom
Fawful
Vaati
Duster
Most assist trophies return from Smash 4.

Stages:
Most stages already have been confirmed by eagle eye YouTubers. A few more stages yet to have been revealed, new & old, include:
Gangplank Gelleon
Spiral Mountain
Dracula's Castle
Ultra Space
Sequin Land
PNF-404 (Similar to Distant Planet from Brawl but featuring Pikmin 3 enemies)
Star Dream (Haltmann as stage hazard if Meta Knight is not on playing field, Sectonia clone as stage hazard if he is. Nice nod to the Robobot ending, takes place in the room you find Star Dream.)
Rhythm Heaven (Similar to Wario Ware Inc.)
Ruined Zoo 9Re-used assets from SSE's Ruined Zoo, not scrolling and no Porky fights)
Brinstar Depths (Melee)
PokeFloats (Melee)
Hanenbow (Removed music gimmick) (Brawl)
Forest Maze
Mysterious Murasame Castle
Icicle Mountain (Melee)
Pyrosphere (Smash 4, removed Ridley as a boss)

Final Notes:
-Single player is similar to Adventure Mode, but longer and with more unique challenges aside from simple battles to distance it from Classic mode. Master/Crazy Orders, Smash Run, Smash Tour, Event Matches, Home Run Contest, Break the Targets, Board the Platforms, Multi-Man Smash and, of course, Classic Mode return as well.
Daisy plucks different items from the ground from Peach. Peach can get Bombs and Mr. Saturn, while Daisy can pluck Food and a Maxim Tomato. Daisy is more reliant on self-healing.
DLC isn't planned currently and won't be until the game is finished like Sakurai said.
All this info will be dropped around the year in smaller chunks,
Mii Fighters are planned to be in online battles.
Online now has more competitive modes, but what they'll be I can't say for sure.

Wow. That's a lot to digest for sure. The inclusion of Mii Costumes is certainly interesting, but I doubt Nintendo would go that far for Mii Costumes of all things. Banjo & Kazooie, Simon Belmont, and Shantae would be great though. And Star Dream as a stage? Yes please. Points for some effort
It's actually coming, I've watched the entire thing and I can tell you the following aren't true:

>NSMB Switch

>Mario Maker Switch

>Final Fantasy 7 Remake

>Kingdom Hearts 3, Mortal Kombat X (Fallout is real)

>Metal Sonic in Sonic Mania Plus (no idea why the other leaker made that up, lol)

Everything else is there one way or another. Some additional spoilers/corrections:

>Smash is the first thing on Direct, not last

>Star Fox racing game releases this November, titled Star Fox G

>Nintendo is publishing a new game from Bastion/Transistor developers, only concept art teaser shown

>There's a whole Microsoft *segment* including the Fortnite cross-play, Cuphead and Minecraft

>Mother 3 is EarthBound Ever, trailer starts off with a very western film vibe

I think those are most things in it, unless I forget something

May be OP, may not

Oh, I did forget something
Pokemon Yellow is fully playable within the new Let's Go games

Corroborates the July 22nd Direct "leak." Interesting that it makes corrections to the original, which would make sense (If I were a leaker, I'd add red herrings to throw people off of what I say).
Hi everyone. I'm here to share some informations about the new smash's roster.
I'm actually working on it. Here are the newcomers :

11e-Blood Falcon
13e-Daisy
36e-Dixie Kong
38e-Shadow
64-Inkling
65-Ridley
66-Ashley
67-Paper Mario
68-King K Rool
69-Bandana Waddle Dee
70-Magolor
71-Rayman
72-Skull Kid
73-Ray MK II

-K Rool was planned before the ballot's results.
-The two last newcomers will not be reveal until the game launches.

That's all for me.

Ray MK II? I WANT TO BELIEVE. Other than that, this leak doesn't have much going for it.
Hey guys, I have recently fallen upon some new info on the upcoming Smash game, and I am here to share it with you.

We will be receiving 7 more new characters and 4 more echo fighters.

They are:
>Simon Belmont (Castlevania)
>Ninten (A Semi-Clone of Ness/Lucas)
>Elma (Xenoblade)
>Skull Kid (Zelda)
>Adol Christin(Ys)
>Ashley(WarioWare)
>King K. Rool (DK)
Echoes:
>Dixie Kong (Diddy Echo)
>Glass Joe (Little Mac Echo)
>Chrom (Ike Echo)
>Dark Samus (Samus Echo)

Stages for the new fighters are:
>For Simon, Dracula's Castle
>For Elma, New Los Angeles
>For Adol, Felghana
Those are all of the new stages I know of

There will be a story mode, but it's less focused than Subspace Emissary and has many branching paths.

That's all I know, it's up to you the believe any of it

Same old story, minus the Ys character, who is a literal "who?" character. I highly doubt they would include such an odd pick over other more popular third party choices. While the Ys series is popular over in Japan and has recently been picking up steam here, there are better Eastern oriented picks, like Ashley, Erdrick, or even Sora.

Typical run of the mill stuff really.

D

Deleted member

Exaggerated or not, I'm a-ok with Captain America memes starring Ridley.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom