• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

blackghost

Smash Champion
i dont see the appeal of a character that is "normal human with gun" that means jill, croft, ect. that character has almost enevr been fun in any fighting game i've played. si no thanks to that.
if we get a tales character can't see it being anyone other than lloyd or yuri.
i love how we are already having hindsight bais on a game that not even out yet. this thread never ceases to entertain. im just sitting here waiting for info so me and my roomate can pick out secondaries. not sold on anyone yet.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/76820031?page=1#13

"Also, Nothing substantial has come my way since E3. My contacts are being cautious out of fear that developers/publishers/market firms may intentionally be placing false information to narrow down leakers from within.

So even if I do hear things (I heard one thing, but no one can back it up, so I won't bother sharing it unless I know for sure that it's true) I'm probably just going to let things play out for SSBU at this point anyway and leave things at that."

So I guess we will not learn much more from Verge anymore.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I forgot some more "leaks". I'm going to put them in a separate session instead of editing my main post.
*Inkling, Daisy, and Ridley were already revealed at E3. As for newcomers there will be only 7 more to appear. (10 total)

CHORUS KIDS Will be playable and finally realized as a character after being scrapped in Smash WiiU/3DS. Their mechanic as a character was similar to the Ice Climbers and were decided to be implemented in the next title. They are a trio character and their movement relies on the rhythm in which the player presses the button on the controller in sync with the characters movement and attacks. The better you are in rhythm with the character determines the amount of damage you deal in attacks. Their Final Smash has their conductor come down and direct the choir playing a short verse of "Dreams if Our Generation" (from Rhythm Heaven Fever Wii) ending with a reckless scream as they do in the DS title of Rhythm Heaven.

HEIHACHI The grand master of martial arts appears in Smash. Heihachi from the Tekken series is added to the fray and was part of the top realizable characters from the ballot. He was considered early on in development working with Bandai Namco and such. His moveset is difficult almost like Ryus where the direction of his attacks revolves around the players direction of the control stick. What differentiates the two is his moves from Axe Kicks to Cresent Kicks along with short and long jabs. He will have both his young alt. from Tekken 3 and old alt. from Tekken 7. His final smash will have him glow in electricity and perform a devistating combo causing your opponent to explode on spot.

*CHARCTER FROM XENOBLADE SERIES: The legendary Aegis driver Rex is the pick here and for a short time competed with Elma and Cross. With Xenoblade X and Xenoblade 2 in development during the same time it came down to who seemed the most intriguing in what they had to offer. Cross was quickly scrapped as an idea due to the games avatar not really bringing nothing unique to the table though he will appear as a trophy. Next was Elma was close due to her potential in utilizing the mechs, but in the end took the place as an assist trophy in favor of Rex being able to represent the new Xenoblade 2, a direct sequel that would be released on the Switch. His moveset uses his arts similar to Shulk but his aegis sword switches between Pyra and Mythra. His movement and attacks are based off his game from Anchor Shot and Double Spinning Edge etc. Dromarch and Tora will be featured in his Final Smash and perform in similar manner to Shulks Final Smash Chain Attack.

SIMON BELMONT Was a popular vote in the smash ballot (out of realizable characters he was consideted top 20). One of the last of big icons in gaming, Simon will utilize his whip as his neutral attack similar to Mega Man using his Mega Buster as his neutral attacks. He will use his classic design from the original Castlevania as well as his look from Super Castlevania IV. His Final smash will feature him using his Cross to stun all the opponents in his field of vision and then proceeds to hit his opponents with a devastating whip lash. Gray Fox from the Metal Gear series will also reappear as an assist trophy.

*POKÉMON FROM SUN/MOON Decidueye was picked to represent the new generation where he features a moves from the game like Leaf Blade, Spirit Shackle and his Final Smash being his Z Move Sinister Arrow. He was chosen out the game Pokemon Sun and Moon titles through his design and his Sakurais faith in the characters moveset potential. Other ideas were Alola Raichu (who’s now a Pokéball item), Incineroar (Was quickly dismissed after consideration), Mimikyu (to what believe was going to have few assets from Pikachu but NOT aimed to be an echo fighter), and Lycanroc (Where the idea was for his Final Smash have him transform into his Night form and use his version of Lycanium Z).

*ARMS CHARACTER: Was one of the debatable characters on whether he should even be included in Smash due to him being a newly fresh IP. But the character Springman made it through the process as the character seemed he had a lot to offer from ranged attacks and a unique design that if wasn’t included in this iteration of smash, may never be able to be realized. His move-set revolves around his different sets of abilities from Toaster, Boomerang, and Tri-bolt. His Final smash will be a barrage of fists thrown at his opponents similar to DK and Giga Mac, though Springman’s range to trigger his Final smash has more range.

RAYMAN The last character here, amd was popular in the Ballot from Western audiences, he's finally chosen to be playable. With Nintendo and Ubisofts recent relationship and cooperation it helped make the process easier. His move set will heavily resemble Rayman Legends as well reference some of his games from the past. His color swaps will include Rayblox, Raymesis etc. In his Final smash Rayman will rise the Mosquito and gives the player the ablility to shoot at their opponents from the background. Globox, Barbara, and the Teensies will appear as trophies. The Rabbids will appear as Assist trophy.
(Source tells me previous DLC Mii Costumes from Waves 1 through 6 will return along with new unique ones that are unlockable in game with some based off popular votes from the ballot).

MODES:

Classic Mode: (Based on the 3DS Version but revamped, Race to Finish, Trophy Rush, and Target Smash will be featured in this mode.)

Adventure Mode: (Returns from Melee but due to the huge roster the mode will only feature areas and stages from the original Smash 64 roster Ex: Mushroom Kingdom, DK Jungle, Hyrule Temple etc. As you continue to unlock characters more variety will be added to your adventure mode experience Ex: Unlocking characters like Meta Knight, Falco and Greninja will add them within the mode to be fought within their respective franchise.)

All-Star Mode: (Unlike Smash for WiiU/3DS this Mode must be unlocked once again just like Smash Bros. Melee/Brawl. Stages will still go by year of relevance as well.)

Event Match: (Will function just as in Smash WiiU and this time around it will help streamline the idea of unlocking other characters like in the past. Setting the difficulty is still there so you can manage your event match experience.)

Target Smash: (Functions just like it did in Smash Bros. Brawl bringing Levels back and featuring multiplayer as well.)

Target Blast: (Returning from Smash Bros. WiiU/3DS)

Home Run Contest: (The mode has a different background but as far as that it functions the same)

Multi-Man Smash: (The Miis are still the Enemies and fictions the same as in the other installments)

Smash Run: (The whole area from the 3DS Version Returns as well as a few new areas as well. This mode being in the Switch will allow you to play both Local and Online Multiplayer. (Enemies from a hidden character’s franchise will not appear until unlocked within the game.)

Smash Tour: (Revamped and better than the previous installment stay tuned)

Tournament Mode: (Now available both Local and Online)

Smash Royale: (The new mode that features the player from choosing a number of different characters to a max of 5 and battling it out. The stock icons of each Fighter you have chosen will be featured under your damage percentage and will be up to only 4 players. (Will also be an online mode)

STAGES:
Returning Stages: Peach's Castle (64), Delfino Plaza, Mario Bros., Rainbow Road, Paper Mario, Kongo Jungle (64), Jungle Hijinxs, Pirate Ship, Brinstar Depths, Pyroshpere, Yoshis Island (Melee), Wooly World, Fountain of Dreams, Orbital Gate Assault, Mute City (Melee), Gamer
New Stages: Aquarosa (Starfox Zero), City Trial (Kirby Air Ride), Hoshido (Fire Emblem Fates), Rhythm Heaven (Rhythm Heaven Series), Mishima Dojo (Tekken Series), Mor Adain (Xenoblade Chronicles 2), Dracula’s Castle (Castlevania Series), Melemele Island (Pokémon Sun/Moon), Spring Stadium (ARMS), Glade of Dreams (Rayman Legends)
*Stages will be categorized by Normal stages which surprisingly will fit all 110 stages on screen, and Custom stages where “Stage Builder” will Return and have have both elements from Smash Bros. Brawl and Wii U in order to allow players to create both structured stages and creative stages to their liking.

That’s all the info I have to offer about this upcoming title, as far as DLC there is none planned at this point in time. The idea was to focus on trying to include every character in the series in this game, add a few new IPs and popular votes characters from the ballot that were realizable. From whats been discussed, Sakurai felt that if that was met, DLC would not be necessary. But post release balance patches and montly online events were told to be included.

Hey, look! It's the 7th Wonder of the Internet, The Great Wall of Text! This is the reddit leak that was posted earlier, which I figured I'd include. It's as fake as fake gets.
ACTUAL Smash Leaks

Don't get your hopes up too high, guys. I have no idea about DLC but this is just for launch.

Simon is getting in. My guess is that they're announcing it when they announce the rumored (but obviously real) Castlevaina compilation. My guess is it will be around the launch of season 2 on Netflix. This is all just a guess, though.

And that is the only new character. There are others but they're just echo fighters. Thankfully none of them are Fire Emblem.

Classic Sonic is an echo fighter of Sonic. I have no idea how he plays. I'm just reading these off a list. My guess is maybe he has tighter controls if they want to really represent Classic Sonic. He's referred to as 'Classic Sonic' in documentation so I assume that's how he's referred to in-game, as well. I'm actually a little excited for this one.

Isabella is an echo fighter for villager. Don't even have a guess what the differences could be.

Ms. Pac-Man is another echo fighter. Same with Isabella. No idea how she'll be different.

The most disappointing echo fighter on the list is Dixie. She deserves her own moveset. ****ing sucks.

And finally, Octoling. Not a surprise.

That's all I know. No idea about ATs or anything else or even when they'll announce these guys (besides Simon but that's just a guess). You guys can ask me stuff but I probably won't know. But I might remember something I've forgotten if something is worded right? I dunno. He's hoping we get Rex as DLC.

Disappointing if true, but not completely out of the question. Classic Sonic over Shadow is a nice show of taste though.
It's known that the full roster has been floating around certain circles, but none of Smash ecelebs are willing to leak it because they're a bunch of ******* afraid of the Ninteninjas. So here it is. Feel free to screencap this.

Newcomers
>Inkling
>Ridley
>K. Rool
>Dixie Kong
>Ashley
>Gengar
>Waddle Dee
>Chorus Kids
>Mach Rider
>Geno
>Banjo & Kazooie

Echo Fighters
>Daisy
>Isabelle
>Dark Samus
>Louie
>Shadow

Meh. I doubt Smash ecelebs have the full roster, and if it is floating around somewhere, it's among industry insiders, executives, and maybe some informants like Emily Rogers and Vergeben, who are likely keeping it to themselves. The characters themselves are as boring as ever, as at this point even "unconventional picks" like Gengar and Mach Rider are par for the course.

Okay that's all of them for real this time.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/76820031?page=1#13

"Also, Nothing substantial has come my way since E3. My contacts are being cautious out of fear that developers/publishers/market firms may intentionally be placing false information to narrow down leakers from within.

So even if I do hear things (I heard one thing, but no one can back it up, so I won't bother sharing it unless I know for sure that it's true) I'm probably just going to let things play out for SSBU at this point anyway and leave things at that."

So I guess we will not learn much more from Verge anymore.
This is one of the most realistic things I've ever heard. I've theorized for a while that Nintendo or companies working for them have been flooding 4chan with deliberately fake "leaks" so that any real leaks would be immediately discounted. Distributing false information would be another step to ensure that no actual information leaks, or if it does, part of it is false, and therefore immediately tossed to the side.

Last edited:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Does this mean Sakurai sees Gamecube as retro?

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I’ve always thought 3rd parties were taken the wrong way. I, too, used to be a fan of third parties having mainly Nintendo history, but I don’t think that’s really the case. Surely, there are people who want more of a focus on Nintendo and I certainly can’t blame them. However, I can’t help but feel that in most cases, 3rd parties are going to be the heavy hitters, unless there’s an exception (looking at you, Bayonetta).

I’m definitely not alone in saying this, but I definitely feel that Ryu and Cloud getting added really changed the scope of what Smash is. Snake could have arguably done that but he’s probably also arguably an exception. Sakurai is definitely trying to make Smash “the greatest gaming crossover in history”. He’s pretty much already done that. But I must say...I kind of get the feeling he’s not done either. I don’t mean Simon either.

Something tells me he has something crazy up his sleeve, but I can’t quite put my finger on it. While i’d go crazy for Lloyd in Smash, I don’t think he’d be the one to cause mass hype. It would have to be nuts. Despite most fan opinions on this, I think that while no character at this junction will out “what the hell is happening” Snake or Cloud, I DO think Lara Croft, Sora, or some other entirely unexpected pick could break the internet. I can’t really determine what or who that would be.

I’m sure some people would rage over Master Chief, but that could arguably be one of the most Internet breaking, earth shattering, ass blasting moments in gaming history. Especially to have the Halo theme play in a trailer, and having Chief teaming up with Samus.

By no means is that likely. I want to clarify that. Master Chief, Nathan Drake and Kratos aren’t the same as any of the current 3rd parties. The ones we have are from companies that don’t produce consoles. That alone makes it different.

Depending on the 3rd party, I think Sakurai could break the internet. Again. I get the feeling that because he can, he will especially if he won’t have that chance for several years assuming Smash goes on hiatus.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
1. How excited are you for this potential character, identity wise? Meaning who the character is and what they represent.
2. How excited are you for this potential character's potential moveset?
3. How excited are you for a potential stage from this series?
4. How excited are you for potential items and assist trophies from this series?
5. How excited are you for potential music from this series?
Rayman
4/5
  1. I'm the Rayman guy, so I'm obviously excited for the Limbless Wonder himself.
  2. He's got so much potential for a moveset, the combat from his games is already fun as hell so it would be amazing translated to Smash.
  3. There are so many unique landscapes in the Rayman series that the only disappointing thing is not being able to have all of them as stages.
  4. I play with items off so eh.
  5. Remixes of some of the absolute best tracks in gaming? Yes please.

Castlevania-AKA-Simon Belmont:
2/5
  1. I don't really care for Simon as a character.
  2. He'd probably be pretty neat to play as, even with just the whip.
  3. Not very.
  4. See above.
  5. Great music, probably the best thing that could come with Simon.

Crash Bandicoot
0/5
  1. Don't really care about this character, or lack thereof.
  2. He can spin and he has a fruit bazooka, what would the rest of his kit even be?
  3. Nadda.
  4. Ditto.
  5. Zilch.

Haven't Played/No Opinion On:
Silent Hill
Resident Evil
Tekken
Tales of
Soul Calibur
Tomb Raider
Dragon Quest

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Digimon and Pokemon themes are evolution. It's makes sense.
Who renembered when Pokemon ripped-off the Mega Evolution from Digimon?

Speaking of Pokemon, i'm thinking in a good echo fighters for Pokemon franchise:

Squirtle - Totodile
Charizard - Reshiram
Pikachu - Raichu
Ivysaur - Meganium

And Pokemon Trainer must be N from Pokemon Black and white.
Does these makes sense as echo fighters?
Yeah, those work.

Here's my crazy idea: Blaziken for Captian Falcon. It fits well, the only problem is different series.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Does this mean Sakurai sees Gamecube as retro?
Who wouldn’t now that it’s nearing 17 years old

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Oh man, *facepalm* Only just now I realize that the girl from the manga pic in your posts, is a game character, Valkyrie from the Namco franchise.
I'm pretty sure you're not the only one.

Can you tell me more about the character? Do you think she would be a good newcomer for Ultimate?
I actually used to host a support thread for Valkyrie some years back, after getting so acquainted with the character and seeing other Namco-reps out during the same period around Autumn 2015. There you can find good sum of info on the character written by me along with my exploration on moveset potential - though there's a lot of broken images because of changed links and stuff, so try to bear with it.

On my views on her being on Ultimate, I'm bit torn, actually. I'd love if she were in, but IDK if I'd suggest her over likes of Heihachi, Lloyd Irving or other more well-known Namco-reps due he relative obscurity.

Valkyrie in general feels like Pit/Arle Nadja of Namco, being this retro-era creator's pet of the company due the insane amount of cameos she makes in a lot of Namco-properties - even then, most are Japan-only or in rather obscure titles, so IDK if she's the kind of 3rd Party material in level of the ones we've got so far.

Ultimately, she'd be a surprise addition for me if anything, kinda like how Cloud was to many back in the day who wanted him in Smash.

However, I don't think it'd hurt to try resurrect the support thread, if to just gauge the interest...

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Are "Today's Fighters" gonna be posted to coincide with an anniversary from now on?

If that's the case, my boi won't get his chance until either October (Yoshi's Island) or November (Super Mario World)

Iridium

Smash Hero
I know this character has little chance of getting into Smash, but at least I can imagine a timeline where this happens. Square Enix has more recognizable choices, but yeah, that is how it is.

Last edited:

CodakTheWarrior

Smash Ace
I’ve always thought 3rd parties were taken the wrong way. I, too, used to be a fan of third parties having mainly Nintendo history, but I don’t think that’s really the case. Surely, there are people who want more of a focus on Nintendo and I certainly can’t blame them. However, I can’t help but feel that in most cases, 3rd parties are going to be the heavy hitters, unless there’s an exception (looking at you, Bayonetta).

I’m definitely not alone in saying this, but I definitely feel that Ryu and Cloud getting added really changed the scope of what Smash is. Snake could have arguably done that but he’s probably also arguably an exception. Sakurai is definitely trying to make Smash “the greatest gaming crossover in history”. He’s pretty much already done that. But I must say...I kind of get the feeling he’s not done either. I don’t mean Simon either.

Something tells me he has something crazy up his sleeve, but I can’t quite put my finger on it. While i’d go crazy for Lloyd in Smash, I don’t think he’d be the one to cause mass hype. It would have to be nuts. Despite most fan opinions on this, I think that while no character at this junction will out “what the hell is happening” Snake or Cloud, I DO think Lara Croft, Sora, or some other entirely unexpected pick could break the internet. I can’t really determine what or who that would be.

I’m sure some people would rage over Master Chief, but that could arguably be one of the most Internet breaking, earth shattering, *** blasting moments in gaming history. Especially to have the Halo theme play in a trailer, and having Chief teaming up with Samus.

By no means is that likely. I want to clarify that. Master Chief, Nathan Drake and Kratos aren’t the same as any of the current 3rd parties. The ones we have are from companies that don’t produce consoles. That alone makes it different.

Depending on the 3rd party, I think Sakurai could break the internet. Again. I get the feeling that because he can, he will especially if he won’t have that chance for several years assuming Smash goes on hiatus.
I honestly completely agree. The more I think about it, the more I feel like Master Chief could be the Cloud of this game, and, I'm honestly down for it. Really, the only character that I think could honestly completely break the internet more than him would be, and this is going to tick off a ton of people here, Goku.

I honestly think Goku would make for a perfect final DLC character. Since this is presumably the last Smash for maaanny years, Sakurai could slap Goku in our faces and then hightail it out of there to avoid the haters, all hate would simply be ignored. I dunno, I'm just saying I think the perfect way to end the reveals of this game would be to drop another HUGE non-Nintendo character on us, like Cloud and Snake were, and I personally feel Master Chief and Goku would serve that purpose best.

And now if you'll excuse me, I shall now take cover from all the 'Nintendo purists' and their hate storm.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Are "Today's Fighters" gonna be posted to coincide with an anniversary from now on?

If that's the case, my boi won't get his chance until either October (Yoshi's Island) or November (Super Mario World)
Maybe, but it’s weird how some of the characters didn’t have anniversary/game origin posts (Pit and Sonic for example)

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Why yes, yes I do. Quite a few as well since I'm making up for the whole day.
Nintendo will reveal 2 characters in august, Ken as a Ryu Echo fighter and Heihachi as an all new character.

In october they will make a smash direct where they are going to reveal King K. Rool, Shantae and Simon Belmont, they are also going to reveal a new story mode and a new gamemode.

There will be a Pokémon direct in November some days after the Pokémon let's go Pikachu/Evee, where they are going to reveal the new Pokémon games. There will be a character reveal for Decidueye as the last reveal in that direct.

There will be 3 surprise characters when released with trailers after the game release, they will be Ninten as an Echo fighter, Shovel Kinght and the Chorus kids.

Pretending to know exactly when Nintendo will reveal characters?
Shantae would be nice though.
As you all may know, an abundance of fake Smash Ultimate leaks since the first E3 announcement. However, that doesn't mean there weren't a few right ones out of the questionable pit. I and a handful of others have made threads talking of the return of every fighter in Smash history, mine talked about the return of Young Link and Pichu. I will admit, not all information is clear nor
"leaked" per say. As Nintendo themselves are slowly becoming aware of the likes of 4Chan and are slowly securing their games more efficiently. Luckily I gathered a team with other individuals which just so happened to bypass certain lengths and have called ourselves the "Ultimate Leakers".

I, am the leader of this team. We randomly give out information of what to expect for Smash Ultimate, to believe us relies on your hands.

Today I will trace back what the team has given me regarding the newcomers. Some planned for DLC after the game's release, it's important to note that Sakurai sometimes works ahead of time and had this idea for years after the positive reaction of Smash 4's DLC. The game itself still has months of working on, as there is a possible new Story Mode, though not the Space Emissary from Brawl.

>Shadow the Hedgehog: Sonic series

Information on him being an echo of Sonic is unknown, though what was mentioned is that he bares some similarities to the blue blur himself as in speed, only slightly slower but stronger in most attacks with also being a bit heavier than Sonic. Changes like the homing attack is its longer range but less jump compared to Sonic's, damage has not been told exactly but can estimated to be stronger. Another change is the recovery option, the spring is disregarded completely as Shadow preforms chaos control to warp high into the air before falling. Faster than Sonic's spring with the same amount of range, difference being Shadow cannot use aerial attacks like Sonic. Of course, this can be controlled by the player and warp to any direction.

Some final wording on Shadow, his final smash: Super Shadow, is different from Super Sonic. Instead of speeding around the stage at intense speeds, Shadow transforms into his Super form and warps to the center of the stage then unleashes a devastating chaos blast and those who are hit will be trapped in its radius will rapidly increase their damage percentage until the final blow occurs which will mostly likely K.O.

It's said that along with Shadow will come a new stage representing Sonic Forces: that stage will be Park Avenue. Said stage comes with the songs Fist Bump, Theme of Infinite, Park Avenue, I Am... All of Me, and All Hail Shadow to compliment Shadow's debut. A possible remix is mentioned though not completely official on which will get it.

The status of Shadow being DLC or not is unknown, though as he was DLC in Forces as Episode Shadow it could very well be a possibility. Just by speculation, however.

It's true that Sakurai is trying to give series that don't have many fighters will be given good treatment this time around, as Ninten from Earthbound is somewhat popular in the leaks, described as a echo of Ness.

From the Kirby series welcome Bandana Dee, unlockable newcomer as one of the first to be leaked from the team besides Shadow and Ninten, moveset involves the obvious spear, and hints of a parasol, debating if it's apart of the customs or adjustment to the base moveset, to be looked further into.

Donkey Kong will be getting two new reps, Dixie Kong and King K Rool. KKR by high demand and Dixie by Sakurai's request for another rep. Not much info on KKR other than he'll be getting his own stage meanwhile Dixie is to be a semi-echo of Diddy Kong, however she'll be faster but weaker. Animations and attacks differ with her hair usage. Final Smash has not been leaked, yet seems to be different than Diddy's.

ARMS character Spring Man to be DLC, Ribbon Girl as an assist trophy and Spring Stadium as a stage.

After the initial outcry during the E3 trailer, plans have been put in place to upgrade Waluigi from an assist trophy to playable character. His assist trophy will be replaced with Birdo instead.

Sakurai is still debating on how to handle Waluigi's attacks. It is possible that the Mario sports games will be the inspiration.

It is unknown if he'll be DLC or not due to time constraints.

Rex and Pyra will have a trophy in the base game.

Could it be...ONE OF THE FOUR HEAVENLY LEAKERS? What a momentous occasion that they should grace us with their presence!

Wait, they're talking about DLC being developed? Well dang. I'll grace them by putting this one in the graveyard.
Hey guys!

I have inside information on the new Super Smash Bros game.

First of all, all of the "leaks" saying anything about DLC are fake, due to the fact that Sakurai has not started thinking about DLC yet.

Also, echo fighter do not take up other fighters opportunities because they don't take as much time to make.

With that being said, here are the new fighters.

Original Fighters

-King K. Rool
-Dixie Kong (Diddy Kong Semi-Clone)
-Bandana Dee
-Decidueye (New Pokemon Rep.)
-Chorus Kids
-Simon Belmont
-Rayman
-Geno

Echo Fighters
-Medusa (Palutena)
-Dry Bowser (Bowser)
-Ninten (Ness)
-Dark Samus (Samus)
-Impa (Sheik)

Finally, Smash Run and Adventure Mode are returning, due to them being fan-favorite modes.

This is one of the best rosters I've seen from a 4chan leak. Like, if this had Elma and Ashley it'd be literally perfect. That being said, this leak is boring and bland. That's it.
~inhale~
Newcomers Not Announced:
Banjo-Kazooie
Simon Belmont
Tapu Koko
Dark Matter (taking his Dream Land 2/Planet Robobot Form)
Ninten (Echo of Ness)
King K. Rool
Brittany (Echo of Olimar, but uses Rock Pikmin and adopts the style of gameplay from Olimar in Brawl, i.e. no specific Pikmin order and original recovery)
Karate Joe
Shantae
Black Shadow (Echo of C. Falc.)

Mii Costumes return from Smash 4, and their reveal will take place during a Nintendo Direct soon before Ultimate's release. Some costumes you can expect are:
Takamaru (Sword)
Bewear (Brawl)
Samurai Goroh (Sword)
Zero (With his MMZ design and MMX designs as separate costumes) (Sword)
Protoman (Gun)
Bass (Gun)
Captain Falcon (Brawl)
Dark Samus (Gun)
Flying Man (Brawl)
Duster (Brawl)
Stanley the Bugman (Gun, uses bug spray)
Gruntilda (Non-Specific, can be used by all Miis)
Shovel Knight (Sword)
Alucard (Non-Specific, can be used by all Miis)
Resetti (Sword, uses pickax and looks hella dumb)
Isabelle (Gun)
KK Slider (Gun)
Rabbid Mario (Gun)
Rabbid Luigi (Gun)
Rabbid Peach (Gun)
Rabbid Yoshi (Gun)
Captain Syrup (Non-Specific, can be used by all Miis)
Tails (Gun)
Knuckles (Brawl)
Shadow (Gun)
Mighty (Brawl)
Rex (Sword)
Ganondorf (Hyrule Warriors design) (Sword)
Geno (Gun)
Scorpion (Brawl)
Sub-Zero (Gun)
Violent Ken (Brawl)
Blanca (Brawl)
Heihachi (Brawl)
Waluigi (Non-Specific, can be used by all Miis)

New Assist Trophies not Revealed:
Isabelle
Chrom
Bandana Waddle Dee
Spring Man
Murphy (from the Rayman series)
Mumbo
Ramblin' Mushroom
Fawful
Vaati
Duster
Most assist trophies return from Smash 4.

Stages:
Most stages already have been confirmed by eagle eye YouTubers. A few more stages yet to have been revealed, new & old, include:
Gangplank Gelleon
Spiral Mountain
Dracula's Castle
Ultra Space
Sequin Land
PNF-404 (Similar to Distant Planet from Brawl but featuring Pikmin 3 enemies)
Star Dream (Haltmann as stage hazard if Meta Knight is not on playing field, Sectonia clone as stage hazard if he is. Nice nod to the Robobot ending, takes place in the room you find Star Dream.)
Rhythm Heaven (Similar to Wario Ware Inc.)
Ruined Zoo 9Re-used assets from SSE's Ruined Zoo, not scrolling and no Porky fights)
Brinstar Depths (Melee)
PokeFloats (Melee)
Hanenbow (Removed music gimmick) (Brawl)
Forest Maze
Mysterious Murasame Castle
Icicle Mountain (Melee)
Pyrosphere (Smash 4, removed Ridley as a boss)

Final Notes:
-Single player is similar to Adventure Mode, but longer and with more unique challenges aside from simple battles to distance it from Classic mode. Master/Crazy Orders, Smash Run, Smash Tour, Event Matches, Home Run Contest, Break the Targets, Board the Platforms, Multi-Man Smash and, of course, Classic Mode return as well.
Daisy plucks different items from the ground from Peach. Peach can get Bombs and Mr. Saturn, while Daisy can pluck Food and a Maxim Tomato. Daisy is more reliant on self-healing.
DLC isn't planned currently and won't be until the game is finished like Sakurai said.
All this info will be dropped around the year in smaller chunks,
Mii Fighters are planned to be in online battles.
Online now has more competitive modes, but what they'll be I can't say for sure.

Wow. That's a lot to digest for sure. The inclusion of Mii Costumes is certainly interesting, but I doubt Nintendo would go that far for Mii Costumes of all things. Banjo & Kazooie, Simon Belmont, and Shantae would be great though. And Star Dream as a stage? Yes please. Points for some effort
It's actually coming, I've watched the entire thing and I can tell you the following aren't true:

>NSMB Switch

>Mario Maker Switch

>Final Fantasy 7 Remake

>Kingdom Hearts 3, Mortal Kombat X (Fallout is real)

>Metal Sonic in Sonic Mania Plus (no idea why the other leaker made that up, lol)

Everything else is there one way or another. Some additional spoilers/corrections:

>Smash is the first thing on Direct, not last

>Star Fox racing game releases this November, titled Star Fox G

>Nintendo is publishing a new game from Bastion/Transistor developers, only concept art teaser shown

>There's a whole Microsoft *segment* including the Fortnite cross-play, Cuphead and Minecraft

>Mother 3 is EarthBound Ever, trailer starts off with a very western film vibe

I think those are most things in it, unless I forget something

May be OP, may not

Oh, I did forget something
Pokemon Yellow is fully playable within the new Let's Go games

Corroborates the July 22nd Direct "leak." Interesting that it makes corrections to the original, which would make sense (If I were a leaker, I'd add red herrings to throw people off of what I say).
Hi everyone. I'm here to share some informations about the new smash's roster.
I'm actually working on it. Here are the newcomers :

11e-Blood Falcon
13e-Daisy
36e-Dixie Kong
38e-Shadow
64-Inkling
65-Ridley
66-Ashley
67-Paper Mario
68-King K Rool
69-Bandana Waddle Dee
70-Magolor
71-Rayman
72-Skull Kid
73-Ray MK II

-K Rool was planned before the ballot's results.
-The two last newcomers will not be reveal until the game launches.

That's all for me.

Ray MK II? I WANT TO BELIEVE. Other than that, this leak doesn't have much going for it.
Hey guys, I have recently fallen upon some new info on the upcoming Smash game, and I am here to share it with you.

We will be receiving 7 more new characters and 4 more echo fighters.

They are:
>Simon Belmont (Castlevania)
>Ninten (A Semi-Clone of Ness/Lucas)
>Elma (Xenoblade)
>Skull Kid (Zelda)
>Adol Christin(Ys)
>Ashley(WarioWare)
>King K. Rool (DK)
Echoes:
>Dixie Kong (Diddy Echo)
>Glass Joe (Little Mac Echo)
>Chrom (Ike Echo)
>Dark Samus (Samus Echo)

Stages for the new fighters are:
>For Simon, Dracula's Castle
>For Elma, New Los Angeles
>For Adol, Felghana
Those are all of the new stages I know of

There will be a story mode, but it's less focused than Subspace Emissary and has many branching paths.

That's all I know, it's up to you the believe any of it

Same old story, minus the Ys character, who is a literal "who?" character. I highly doubt they would include such an odd pick over other more popular third party choices. While the Ys series is popular over in Japan and has recently been picking up steam here, there are better Eastern oriented picks, like Ashley, Erdrick, or even Sora.

Typical run of the mill stuff really.
Leak 6 with Bandana Dee and Magolor...

Inkling yes.gif

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I honestly completely agree. The more I think about it, the more I feel like Master Chief could be the Cloud of this game, and, I'm honestly down for it. Really, the only character that I think could honestly completely break the internet more than him would be, and this is going to tick off a ton of people here, Goku.

I honestly think Goku would make for a perfect final DLC character. Since this is presumably the last Smash for maaanny years, Sakurai could slap Goku in our faces and then hightail it out of there to avoid the haters, all hate would simply be ignored. I dunno, I'm just saying I think the perfect way to end the reveals of this game would be to drop another HUGE non-Nintendo character on us, like Cloud and Snake were, and I personally feel Master Chief and Goku would serve that purpose best.

And now if you'll excuse me, I shall now take cover from all the 'Nintendo purists' and their hate storm.
That's not out of the question. I could totally see Goku coming in as the last DLC because of that.

I don't know about Master Chief. He is Microsoft's biggest (only) major exclusive now, so they'd probably be hesitant to give him to a competitor, even if Ninty and MS are playing nice now. But you never know.

I'm still curious as to all that Sakurai has up his sleeve. If Ultimate has a larger filesize than BotW (?!), what else is inbound? And they'll most likely do some incredible DLC - I'd love if they give us a lot of internet-breaking DLC third parties.

Or whatever, as long as it gets Dovahkiin in. Like I said, if Bethesda can magically get the Dragonborn, I'll celebrate Goku and Master Chief with open arms.

monadoboy

Smash Lord
Why yes, yes I do. Quite a few as well since I'm making up for the whole day.
Nintendo will reveal 2 characters in august, Ken as a Ryu Echo fighter and Heihachi as an all new character.

In october they will make a smash direct where they are going to reveal King K. Rool, Shantae and Simon Belmont, they are also going to reveal a new story mode and a new gamemode.

There will be a Pokémon direct in November some days after the Pokémon let's go Pikachu/Evee, where they are going to reveal the new Pokémon games. There will be a character reveal for Decidueye as the last reveal in that direct.

There will be 3 surprise characters when released with trailers after the game release, they will be Ninten as an Echo fighter, Shovel Kinght and the Chorus kids.

Pretending to know exactly when Nintendo will reveal characters?
Shantae would be nice though.
As you all may know, an abundance of fake Smash Ultimate leaks since the first E3 announcement. However, that doesn't mean there weren't a few right ones out of the questionable pit. I and a handful of others have made threads talking of the return of every fighter in Smash history, mine talked about the return of Young Link and Pichu. I will admit, not all information is clear nor
"leaked" per say. As Nintendo themselves are slowly becoming aware of the likes of 4Chan and are slowly securing their games more efficiently. Luckily I gathered a team with other individuals which just so happened to bypass certain lengths and have called ourselves the "Ultimate Leakers".

I, am the leader of this team. We randomly give out information of what to expect for Smash Ultimate, to believe us relies on your hands.

Today I will trace back what the team has given me regarding the newcomers. Some planned for DLC after the game's release, it's important to note that Sakurai sometimes works ahead of time and had this idea for years after the positive reaction of Smash 4's DLC. The game itself still has months of working on, as there is a possible new Story Mode, though not the Space Emissary from Brawl.

>Shadow the Hedgehog: Sonic series

Information on him being an echo of Sonic is unknown, though what was mentioned is that he bares some similarities to the blue blur himself as in speed, only slightly slower but stronger in most attacks with also being a bit heavier than Sonic. Changes like the homing attack is its longer range but less jump compared to Sonic's, damage has not been told exactly but can estimated to be stronger. Another change is the recovery option, the spring is disregarded completely as Shadow preforms chaos control to warp high into the air before falling. Faster than Sonic's spring with the same amount of range, difference being Shadow cannot use aerial attacks like Sonic. Of course, this can be controlled by the player and warp to any direction.

Some final wording on Shadow, his final smash: Super Shadow, is different from Super Sonic. Instead of speeding around the stage at intense speeds, Shadow transforms into his Super form and warps to the center of the stage then unleashes a devastating chaos blast and those who are hit will be trapped in its radius will rapidly increase their damage percentage until the final blow occurs which will mostly likely K.O.

It's said that along with Shadow will come a new stage representing Sonic Forces: that stage will be Park Avenue. Said stage comes with the songs Fist Bump, Theme of Infinite, Park Avenue, I Am... All of Me, and All Hail Shadow to compliment Shadow's debut. A possible remix is mentioned though not completely official on which will get it.

The status of Shadow being DLC or not is unknown, though as he was DLC in Forces as Episode Shadow it could very well be a possibility. Just by speculation, however.

It's true that Sakurai is trying to give series that don't have many fighters will be given good treatment this time around, as Ninten from Earthbound is somewhat popular in the leaks, described as a echo of Ness.

From the Kirby series welcome Bandana Dee, unlockable newcomer as one of the first to be leaked from the team besides Shadow and Ninten, moveset involves the obvious spear, and hints of a parasol, debating if it's apart of the customs or adjustment to the base moveset, to be looked further into.

Donkey Kong will be getting two new reps, Dixie Kong and King K Rool. KKR by high demand and Dixie by Sakurai's request for another rep. Not much info on KKR other than he'll be getting his own stage meanwhile Dixie is to be a semi-echo of Diddy Kong, however she'll be faster but weaker. Animations and attacks differ with her hair usage. Final Smash has not been leaked, yet seems to be different than Diddy's.

ARMS character Spring Man to be DLC, Ribbon Girl as an assist trophy and Spring Stadium as a stage.

After the initial outcry during the E3 trailer, plans have been put in place to upgrade Waluigi from an assist trophy to playable character. His assist trophy will be replaced with Birdo instead.

Sakurai is still debating on how to handle Waluigi's attacks. It is possible that the Mario sports games will be the inspiration.

It is unknown if he'll be DLC or not due to time constraints.

Rex and Pyra will have a trophy in the base game.

Could it be...ONE OF THE FOUR HEAVENLY LEAKERS? What a momentous occasion that they should grace us with their presence!

Wait, they're talking about DLC being developed? Well dang. I'll grace them by putting this one in the graveyard.
Hey guys!

I have inside information on the new Super Smash Bros game.

First of all, all of the "leaks" saying anything about DLC are fake, due to the fact that Sakurai has not started thinking about DLC yet.

Also, echo fighter do not take up other fighters opportunities because they don't take as much time to make.

With that being said, here are the new fighters.

Original Fighters

-King K. Rool
-Dixie Kong (Diddy Kong Semi-Clone)
-Bandana Dee
-Decidueye (New Pokemon Rep.)
-Chorus Kids
-Simon Belmont
-Rayman
-Geno

Echo Fighters
-Medusa (Palutena)
-Dry Bowser (Bowser)
-Ninten (Ness)
-Dark Samus (Samus)
-Impa (Sheik)

Finally, Smash Run and Adventure Mode are returning, due to them being fan-favorite modes.

This is one of the best rosters I've seen from a 4chan leak. Like, if this had Elma and Ashley it'd be literally perfect. That being said, this leak is boring and bland. That's it.
~inhale~
Newcomers Not Announced:
Banjo-Kazooie
Simon Belmont
Tapu Koko
Dark Matter (taking his Dream Land 2/Planet Robobot Form)
Ninten (Echo of Ness)
King K. Rool
Brittany (Echo of Olimar, but uses Rock Pikmin and adopts the style of gameplay from Olimar in Brawl, i.e. no specific Pikmin order and original recovery)
Karate Joe
Shantae
Black Shadow (Echo of C. Falc.)

Mii Costumes return from Smash 4, and their reveal will take place during a Nintendo Direct soon before Ultimate's release. Some costumes you can expect are:
Takamaru (Sword)
Bewear (Brawl)
Samurai Goroh (Sword)
Zero (With his MMZ design and MMX designs as separate costumes) (Sword)
Protoman (Gun)
Bass (Gun)
Captain Falcon (Brawl)
Dark Samus (Gun)
Flying Man (Brawl)
Duster (Brawl)
Stanley the Bugman (Gun, uses bug spray)
Gruntilda (Non-Specific, can be used by all Miis)
Shovel Knight (Sword)
Alucard (Non-Specific, can be used by all Miis)
Resetti (Sword, uses pickax and looks hella dumb)
Isabelle (Gun)
KK Slider (Gun)
Rabbid Mario (Gun)
Rabbid Luigi (Gun)
Rabbid Peach (Gun)
Rabbid Yoshi (Gun)
Captain Syrup (Non-Specific, can be used by all Miis)
Tails (Gun)
Knuckles (Brawl)
Shadow (Gun)
Mighty (Brawl)
Rex (Sword)
Ganondorf (Hyrule Warriors design) (Sword)
Geno (Gun)
Scorpion (Brawl)
Sub-Zero (Gun)
Violent Ken (Brawl)
Blanca (Brawl)
Heihachi (Brawl)
Waluigi (Non-Specific, can be used by all Miis)

New Assist Trophies not Revealed:
Isabelle
Chrom
Bandana Waddle Dee
Spring Man
Murphy (from the Rayman series)
Mumbo
Ramblin' Mushroom
Fawful
Vaati
Duster
Most assist trophies return from Smash 4.

Stages:
Most stages already have been confirmed by eagle eye YouTubers. A few more stages yet to have been revealed, new & old, include:
Gangplank Gelleon
Spiral Mountain
Dracula's Castle
Ultra Space
Sequin Land
PNF-404 (Similar to Distant Planet from Brawl but featuring Pikmin 3 enemies)
Star Dream (Haltmann as stage hazard if Meta Knight is not on playing field, Sectonia clone as stage hazard if he is. Nice nod to the Robobot ending, takes place in the room you find Star Dream.)
Rhythm Heaven (Similar to Wario Ware Inc.)
Ruined Zoo 9Re-used assets from SSE's Ruined Zoo, not scrolling and no Porky fights)
Brinstar Depths (Melee)
PokeFloats (Melee)
Hanenbow (Removed music gimmick) (Brawl)
Forest Maze
Mysterious Murasame Castle
Icicle Mountain (Melee)
Pyrosphere (Smash 4, removed Ridley as a boss)

Final Notes:
-Single player is similar to Adventure Mode, but longer and with more unique challenges aside from simple battles to distance it from Classic mode. Master/Crazy Orders, Smash Run, Smash Tour, Event Matches, Home Run Contest, Break the Targets, Board the Platforms, Multi-Man Smash and, of course, Classic Mode return as well.
Daisy plucks different items from the ground from Peach. Peach can get Bombs and Mr. Saturn, while Daisy can pluck Food and a Maxim Tomato. Daisy is more reliant on self-healing.
DLC isn't planned currently and won't be until the game is finished like Sakurai said.
All this info will be dropped around the year in smaller chunks,
Mii Fighters are planned to be in online battles.
Online now has more competitive modes, but what they'll be I can't say for sure.

Wow. That's a lot to digest for sure. The inclusion of Mii Costumes is certainly interesting, but I doubt Nintendo would go that far for Mii Costumes of all things. Banjo & Kazooie, Simon Belmont, and Shantae would be great though. And Star Dream as a stage? Yes please. Points for some effort
It's actually coming, I've watched the entire thing and I can tell you the following aren't true:

>NSMB Switch

>Mario Maker Switch

>Final Fantasy 7 Remake

>Kingdom Hearts 3, Mortal Kombat X (Fallout is real)

>Metal Sonic in Sonic Mania Plus (no idea why the other leaker made that up, lol)

Everything else is there one way or another. Some additional spoilers/corrections:

>Smash is the first thing on Direct, not last

>Star Fox racing game releases this November, titled Star Fox G

>Nintendo is publishing a new game from Bastion/Transistor developers, only concept art teaser shown

>There's a whole Microsoft *segment* including the Fortnite cross-play, Cuphead and Minecraft

>Mother 3 is EarthBound Ever, trailer starts off with a very western film vibe

I think those are most things in it, unless I forget something

May be OP, may not

Oh, I did forget something
Pokemon Yellow is fully playable within the new Let's Go games

Corroborates the July 22nd Direct "leak." Interesting that it makes corrections to the original, which would make sense (If I were a leaker, I'd add red herrings to throw people off of what I say).
Hi everyone. I'm here to share some informations about the new smash's roster.
I'm actually working on it. Here are the newcomers :

11e-Blood Falcon
13e-Daisy
36e-Dixie Kong
38e-Shadow
64-Inkling
65-Ridley
66-Ashley
67-Paper Mario
68-King K Rool
69-Bandana Waddle Dee
70-Magolor
71-Rayman
72-Skull Kid
73-Ray MK II

-K Rool was planned before the ballot's results.
-The two last newcomers will not be reveal until the game launches.

That's all for me.

Ray MK II? I WANT TO BELIEVE. Other than that, this leak doesn't have much going for it.
Hey guys, I have recently fallen upon some new info on the upcoming Smash game, and I am here to share it with you.

We will be receiving 7 more new characters and 4 more echo fighters.

They are:
>Simon Belmont (Castlevania)
>Ninten (A Semi-Clone of Ness/Lucas)
>Elma (Xenoblade)
>Skull Kid (Zelda)
>Adol Christin(Ys)
>Ashley(WarioWare)
>King K. Rool (DK)
Echoes:
>Dixie Kong (Diddy Echo)
>Glass Joe (Little Mac Echo)
>Chrom (Ike Echo)
>Dark Samus (Samus Echo)

Stages for the new fighters are:
>For Simon, Dracula's Castle
>For Elma, New Los Angeles
>For Adol, Felghana
Those are all of the new stages I know of

There will be a story mode, but it's less focused than Subspace Emissary and has many branching paths.

That's all I know, it's up to you the believe any of it

Same old story, minus the Ys character, who is a literal "who?" character. I highly doubt they would include such an odd pick over other more popular third party choices. While the Ys series is popular over in Japan and has recently been picking up steam here, there are better Eastern oriented picks, like Ashley, Erdrick, or even Sora.

Typical run of the mill stuff really.
A Ys character? These leaks are getting a little bit more out there, at least.

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
Plot twist: Geno was Rosalia's Luma the entire time and he's been in the game since Sm4sh
Sm4sh headcanon accepted. Always thought that Geno could be revealed in the future as one of the Lumas. It would be kinda cool.

But, Smash Ultimate on the other hand... Transform into Geno!

O.k. so I was about to write a post about why I like Geno more than Mallow but then I had to think about it and realized I like Mallow way more than Geno.
Good post on Mallow! Glad to see another fan of him. I like Geno more, but I always liked the personal story of Mallow. It was a nice side quest in the game, and really, Mallow was the only character to actually develop in that sense.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
weird.PNG

Anyone else notice how jaggy Mario's render looks compared to every other character's render on the VS screen? I'm thinking his render was just an earlier version that they'll touch up later, and he's the only one like that since he was the first character implemented. Hopefully we get something clearer in the release.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826

That's not out of the question. I could totally see Goku coming in as the last DLC because of that.

I don't know about Master Chief. He is Microsoft's biggest (only) major exclusive now, so they'd probably be hesitant to give him to a competitor, even if Ninty and MS are playing nice now. But you never know.

I'm still curious as to all that Sakurai has up his sleeve. If Ultimate has a larger filesize than BotW (?!), what else is inbound? And they'll most likely do some incredible DLC - I'd love if they give us a lot of internet-breaking DLC third parties.

Or whatever, as long as it gets Dovahkiin in. Like I said, if Bethesda can magically get the Dragonborn, I'll celebrate Goku and Master Chief with open arms.
To be honest, Goku would actually leave me incredibly salty with Sakurai. I’m not kidding.

Smash has always, since its conception, been about video gaming history. That’s what has made the 3rd parties and Nintendo newcomers alike so cool... they come from the hobby we all know and love and act as they should. It’s like they’re little toys and accessories that come with extra pieces.

Goku, on the other hand, is simply NOT a video game character. That breaks the entire thematic resonance this series has and has had for decades now.

If the focus of this game is to say, “this is the greatest video game crossover in history”, adding an anime character would go directly against that, quite frankly. That’s my opinion, but I know i’m not alone in it.

In the grand scheme of things, it’s really not life changing or THAT negative, but I would be monumentally disappointed if Goku were added to Smash Bros. As cool as some people may think he is, he just doesn’t belong in the game.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
If we're going Western, I'm going to have to push Doomguy.
At the very least he's got some deep roots in Nintendo.

CodakTheWarrior

Smash Ace
To be honest, Goku would actually leave me incredibly salty with Sakurai. I’m not kidding.

Smash has always, since its conception, been about video gaming history. That’s what has made the 3rd parties and Nintendo newcomers alike so cool... they come from the hobby we all know and love and act as they should. It’s like they’re little toys and accessories that come with extra pieces.

Goku, on the other hand, is simply NOT a video game character. That breaks the entire thematic resonance this series has and has had for decades now.

If the focus of this game is to say, “this is the greatest video game crossover in history”, adding an anime character would go directly against that, quite frankly. That’s my opinion, but I know i’m not alone in it.

In the grand scheme of things, it’s really not life changing or THAT negative, but I would be monumentally disappointed if Goku were added to Smash Bros. As cool as some people may think he is, he just doesn’t belong in the game.
You have a really good point, and I'm definitely not saying Goku should be added at all. I'm just saying that if Sakurai wants to go absolutely balls to the wall with this game and finish out on a crazy note, Goku would serve that purpose well. In terms of traditional third parties tho, I do think either Master Chief or possibly Sora would be the best, I really can't think of any other absolutely mind-blowing characters that could be done

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
You have a really good point, and I'm definitely not saying Goku should be added at all. I'm just saying that if Sakurai wants to go absolutely balls to the wall with this game and finish out on a crazy note, Goku would serve that purpose well. In terms of traditional third parties tho, I do think either Master Chief or possibly Sora would be the best, I really can't think of any other absolutely mind-blowing characters that could be done
As long as the "unexpected" also comes with them being "good."

Nothing will make people go WTF like Chik-fil-A chicken being in Smash, but that won't mean people will like it.

Noipoi

Howdy!
If Rayman gets in, do you think the songs from the music levels would get in too? Or would it be to much of a copyright hell?
My guess is probably no, but I would love Castle Rock in this game.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Are we going balls to the walls with this Smash Bros?
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Master Chief
  • Goku
These three characters would be completely crazy, mind-blowing reveals for me.
  • Sora
  • Simon Belmont
  • Shantae and/or Reimu
  • Yu Narukami/Joker
  • Rayman
  • Banjo & Kazooie
  • Doom Guy
These characters would be amazing third party picks.

All of these characters in one Smash Bros. game would make me faint.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
For some reason I can't really see western third party characters meshing well with Smash. Even more cartoony characters like Rayman just feel a little off. Maybe it's because there are no western third party charactres that strike me as "icons" save for things like Master Chief.

For some reason, Bayonetta and Cloud, who've had far less of a history with Nintendo than someone like Doomguy "fit in" better for me.
If Rayman gets in, do you think the songs from the music levels would get in too? Or would it be to much of a copyright hell?
My guess is probably no, but I would love Castle Rock in this game.
I don't see that being too much of an issue considering that Ubisoft and Nintendo are on really good terms and frequently cross over.

Last edited:

CodakTheWarrior

Smash Ace
That's also
As long as the "unexpected" also comes with them being "good."

Nothing will make people go WTF like Chik-fil-A chicken being in Smash, but that won't mean people will like it.[/QUOTE

That's also a fair point. Although, I do think both the Chief and Sora could have really unique move sets, albeit a bit more devisive in Chief's case.

Also, I'm sure I seem like a major Chief supporter right now, but, up until now, I never even considered the idea. It's just, the more I think about it, the more he, or at least a character of his 'status' makes sense for, at least, DLC.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
For some reason I can't really see western third party characters meshing well with Smash. Even more cartoony characters like Rayman just feel a little off. Maybe it's because there are no western third party charactres that strike me as "icons" save for things like Master Chief.

For some reason, Bayonetta and Cloud, who've had far less of a history with Nintendo than someone like Doomguy "fit in" better for me.

I don't see that being too much of an issue considering that Ubisoft and Nintendo are on really good terms and frequently cross over.
Probably because those characters are already IN smash and you can imagine what they're like IN Smash while most other games aren't made to fit in Smash, and the Smash team have to retrofit them to be more in-line.

MainJPW

M.T.A
View attachment 153625

Anyone else notice how jaggy Mario's render looks compared to every other character's render on the VS screen? I'm thinking his render was just an earlier version that they'll touch up later, and he's the only one like that since he was the first character implemented. Hopefully we get something clearer in the release.
It’s not just Mario but other characters as well. Hinata made a post about this:

Here.

More than likely just placeholders for the E3 demo.

Last edited:

P.Kat

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure you're not the only one.

I actually used to host a support thread for Valkyrie some years back, after getting so acquainted with the character and seeing other Namco-reps out during the same period around Autumn 2015. There you can find good sum of info on the character written by me along with my exploration on moveset potential - though there's a lot of broken images because of changed links and stuff, so try to bear with it.

On my views on her being on Ultimate, I'm bit torn, actually. I'd love if she were in, but IDK if I'd suggest her over likes of Heihachi, Lloyd Irving or other more well-known Namco-reps due he relative obscurity.

Valkyrie in general feels like Pit/Arle Nadja of Namco, being this retro-era creator's pet of the company due the insane amount of cameos she makes in a lot of Namco-properties - even then, most are Japan-only or in rather obscure titles, so IDK if she's the kind of 3rd Party material in level of the ones we've got so far.

Ultimately, she'd be a surprise addition for me if anything, kinda like how Cloud was to many back in the day who wanted him in Smash.

However, I don't think it'd hurt to try resurrect the support thread, if to just gauge the interest...
Checked out the thread, she sounds like a fun character with a unique moveset. I'm quite fond of swordfighters, for me, the Swordfighter I'm gunning for personally is Saber from Fate/Stay Night. As for other Namco rep, I don't really mind them since Tekken, Soul Caliber, and Tales are all such good games, but I definitely wouldn't mind having a Swordfighter like Valkyrie in Smash that's for sure. If the thread for her was active, I'd definitely support her :)

Last edited:

CodakTheWarrior

Smash Ace
All
Are we going balls to the walls with this Smash Bros?
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Master Chief
  • Goku
These three characters would be completely crazy, mind-blowing reveals for me.
  • Sora
  • Simon Belmont
  • Shantae and/or Reimu
  • Yu Narukami/Joker
  • Rayman
  • Banjo & Kazooie
  • Doom Guy
These characters would be amazing third party picks.

All of these characters in one Smash Bros. game would make me faint.
All of those I'm down for. Right now, the third parties I'm rooting for most right now are Simon Belmont, Heihachi, Rayman, Crash, and maybe Sora. Also, to a degree Master Chief and Goku, although only in a VERY specific case. Now I'm obviously not expecting all of these, but I could see upwards of three, maybe even four, of them getting in.

KMDP

Smash Legend
If Crash gets in Smash. I know how his trailer should start...
"Hey, Plumber Boy. Mustache Man, your worst nightmare has arrived! Pack up your stuff, I've got a little surprise for you..."
*SLASH*

First thing we see in the Direct it shows up in. XD

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Just a thought on the whole Dixie echo thing. People are trying to say it wouldn't work because of the tail, but why are we ignoring the bigger issue of the up b? Dixie Kong using the rocket barrel would be absurd. That would be like falcondorf level of bad representation and I'm not even a supporter.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Just a thought on the whole Dixie echo thing. People are trying to say it wouldn't work because of the tail, but why are we ignoring the bigger issue of the up b? Dixie Kong using the rocket barrel would be absurd. That would be like falcondorf level of bad representation and I'm not even a supporter.
Well it'd at least be anatomically possible.

We're just going with clear and present impossibilities before discussing "character faithfulness" and how people have the amazing ability to justify literally anything.

Patriot Duck

Smash Apprentice
I'm a little late to the Ashley discussion, but I think the skull-flash in that cutscene was supposed to illustrate a certain "intensity" in her personality that you wouldn't otherwise notice, since her outward appearance is always so reserved.

Next Door Dog

Smash Apprentice
Okay.

Let's do third parties this time.

Just so everyone remembers, here are the five questions.

1. How excited are you for this potential character, identity wise? Meaning who the character is and what they represent.
2. How excited are you for this potential character's potential moveset?
3. How excited are you for a potential stage from this series?
4. How excited are you for potential items and assist trophies from this series?
5. How excited are you for potential music from this series?

I'll even give you lots of franchises to do.

Today's franchises will be...

Castlevania
Silent Hill
Resident Evil
Tekken
Tale of
Soul Calibur
Tomb Raider
Dragon Quest
Rayman
Crash Bandicoot
Okay I'll give this a shot.

Simon Belmont
1. It's funny, while I really want him in the game, he's one of the last Castlevania characters I'd actually want. Alucard would be ideal but even any of the other Belmonts that aren't associated with Lords of Shadow are just as good or better.
2. Lots of possibilities, definitely seems like a fun character.
3. Also would be cool. Would love if they went the Temple route with a huge stage, but a clock tower stage would be just dandy.
4. I'm sure they could make some cool ATs, but I'm drawing a blank as for actual items.
5. Music would be amazing, unless they completely drop the ball in the remix department. I just hope they branch out throughout the series and not just the classics.

Pyramid Head (or Silent Hill rep)
1. I'd be pretty ecstatic, SH is one of my favorite series ever. Pyramid Head has only appeared in Konami crossover games on Nintendo platforms, so they could go with the super sanitized chibi form of him. :awesome:
2. Can't imagine him being mobile in the slightest, so he'd probably not be a character I used unless I forced myself (which I'd probably do tbh, in the 0.5% chance he'd actually be in a Smash Bros game). He's got the Great Knife, and a spear, and tentacles? Sakurai can sweat the details.

3. Could be interesting I guess. I can't think of a specific area in Silent Hill that would really stick out, but it could transition into Otherworld forms and whatnot.
4. Items? Haven't the foggiest idea of what they could use other than the radio (and I don't know what it would even do). Figure the AT would be a nurse or mannequin.
5. Okay, the music would be pretty god-tier. That'd make me more excited than anything else.

Leon S. Kennedy (or RE rep)
1. Would be pretty awesome, and I'm sure fans would go crazy.
2. I remember during the Brawl days trying to think of a moveset, he has a lot of potential: different types of grenades, knife attacks, roundhouse kicks, suplex throws...
3. Hmmm there's a lot of potential stages, but not any that I'd be crazy about. RE4 locations seem a little bland compared to the Mansion from RE1, but I can't think of an exciting layout for that kind of stage either.
4. Maybe something with the herbs? Like a healing item that works similar to Dragoon, where you have to get green and red herbs.
5. Never been crazy about music in RE. Sound design doesn't hold a candle to Silent Hill's.

Heihachi/Kazuya/Jin
1. Listed more than just one Tekken character, and honestly I'm not excited about any of them really (Kazuya the most of the three, but not by much). I love the series but find the main characters really boring. At least Ryu is kind of a benchmark to compare to in the variety of crossover games he's in.
2. I don't find Heihachi having an interesting moveset unless it incorporates Kuma in some way. At least Jin and Kazuya have devil forms they can use.

3. Stages, stages.... give me the amusement park from 3 and Tag.
4. Mokujin as an item similar to Sandbag, Yoshimitsu for best AT in the game, hands down.
5. If music took more from the earlier games, it'd be great. If it takes from anything from 6 forward, no thanks.

Nightmare
1. I'd prefer a Soul Calibur character to a Tekken one, and seeing the Nightmare/Link matchup after 15 years would be amazing.
2. I'm not too familiar with Nightmare specifically, but I could see them doing cool stuff with his stance changes.
3. I'd die happy if they brought the labyrinth maps from 2 and 3 back, but most stages would work fine. They're made with ring outs in mind, after all.
4. Again, Yoshimitsu AT plz. Can't think of an item aside from the Soul Calibur itself.
5. Music is decent in the series, but not super iconic imo.

And that's enough for now. I haven't really played any of the other series mentioned that much. I played Tales of Symphonia, so Lloyd would be cool. Dragon Quest is really the only other series aside from Castlevania I feel is missing from Smash. I'm not a fan but I can't deny how important it has been in Nintendo's history and gaming in general. I only played a little bit of Tomb Raider as a kid, but I wouldn't mind Lara. I'm gonna get some hate for this, but I really don't want to see Rayman in the game, and am ambivalent about Crash at best. Rayman could have a cool moveset and bring some much needed western developer representation, but his design is so lackluster in my opinion. Not Bubsy bad, but just... blegh. And don't get me started on the rabbids.

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
I have absolutely no clue why people are so fixated on Dixie Kong being an echo fighter when semi-clones / traditional clones still exist.
She'd be a lot better as a Diddy-like character with a few unique ponytail moves here and there than just Diddy with a ponytail slapped on.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I have absolutely no clue why people are so fixated on Dixie Kong being an echo fighter when semi-clones / traditional clones still exist.
She'd be a lot better as a Diddy-like character with a few unique ponytail moves here and there than just Diddy with a ponytail slapped on.
I say it's a combination of Sakurai saying not to expect too many newcomers and the introduction of the "echo" category.

This has lead to a layer of doubt being spread over everything and things that were once "wow that'd be neat" are now "yeah that'd be neat, buuuuuut since we're not going to get many newcomers with effort put into them, they'll probably get in as a copy-paste clone."

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Verge is saying no more info huh.

Wonder why.

I wonder why.

To me this is now his ''I guess I got fed bad info" out.

Don't expect Simon basically.

KMDP

Smash Legend
This has lead to a layer of doubt being spread over everything and things that were once "wow that'd be neat" are now "yeah that'd be neat, buuuuuut since we're not going to get many newcomers with effort put into them, they'll probably get in as a copy-paste clone."
An argument that isn't quite as logical as people think it is. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom