• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
The guitar in the new Snake Eater song made me think of this for some reason. I know that style is called "surf guitar", but my mind always goes here:
Where's my Lego Island representation, Sakurai?
Why is this Lego song bangin'?
I haven't rocked out to a Lego song since Everything is Awesome.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Quick question, what makes a character unnecessary to you?
And would any of them happen to be little witches in training?
I actually consider Ashley unnecessary.
Unnecessary isn't to be confused with improbable, though.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Meh, more Smash Ultimate for us.

Out of curiosity, how come you're not a fan of Geno? Out of all the "unnecessary characters", he's the likeliest/makes the most sense to get in.
As someone who's not too fond of Geno...

He's overrated and his only real benefit is being a popular request. That's not a bad thing, mind you, but he's underwhelming.

He wasn't that great in SMRPG, and just kind of exists plot wise. He explains who he is, joins your party and does nothing else til he leaves. Meanwhile, Mallow has an entire quest of self discovery. Geno is a character I can't see being popular if he debuted nowadays.

Again, he's not terrible but... I just don't get the hype much. If you really want to represent the RPGs, we have Paper Mario who's had several games. You can say SMRPG was important all you want but...honestly arguments like that mean jack for convincing other people to like other characters. I'd love some SMRPG music but it's not that big of a deal.

Also this is purely on me, but I think his hat is dumb. It'd look much better without the orange prong things.

I still like Geno at the end of the day, but he's just okay to me.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
The only thing that'll make me drop Ike as my main would be Link completely changing his archetype.

I've played that man the first month of every Smash game, and I could not for the love of me like him. I expected to play a cool swordsman jumping around opponents and cutting them up, but instead I got someone who desperately tries to keep his opponent away with projectiles and then fish for a kill at high percent.
These changes to him definitely look promising, but we'll see if it's enough to make him switch over.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I actually consider Ashley unnecessary.
Unnecessary isn't to be confused with improbable, though.
I actually agree, but I feel like we left the realm of "Only necessary characters" a long time ago.
Was Wii Fit necessary? Was Mr G&W necessary? Probably not but they're here and I love them.
And i'm gonna love Ashley once she's here (Hopefully)!

Last edited:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I want part of that $60 that you're not gonna use apparently, don't give it all to Arigarmy
don't get your hopes up lol I really don't think he'll get in
Meh, more Smash Ultimate for us.

Out of curiosity, how come you're not a fan of Geno? Out of all the "unnecessary characters", he's the likeliest/makes the most sense to get in.
Honestly, it's because he's a one hit wonder with no explanation for his fanbase.

He's just as relevant as Mallow, yet no one's backing him, even though he could be just as unique as Geno. Imo Mallow is even more relevant to the plot of SMRPG than Geno, you meet him first too. Yet no one's asking for him, it's all about Geno? Geno doesn't have any more potential than any other popular character, I really don't see the buzz behind him.

It's called the Mushroom Kingdom yet we have no playable Toad, who has two games to himself, technically four. Toad has more games to himself than Geno has ever been in. Nor do we have Paper Mario, who has his own series of characters and partners.

I'll be honest, if Geno was Nintendo's property and appeared consistently in the Mario series? Yeah, I still wouldn't favor him because I always preferred Mallow, but it'd make sense for him to be in. Right now though? All he has going for him is popularity. That's it. Any other character can be unique like him, (in my opinion) any other character is more visually appealing (a wooden puppet with a cape isn't much), and any other character has more relevance. Why Geno?

Even if he did really well on the ballot, I'm sure Goku and Shrek did too. I get how they won't get in because obvious reasons, but Geno's popularity has always turned me off when there's not much to him. He has one appearance, it isn't even to himself, and people think he should be in Smash? I don't understand :(

If he does get in, it's gonna be great for his fans!!! I'd be really happy for them because to go from rags to riches like that is really cool. And I won't lie, a lot of things can be done with Geno, he definitely is a versatile character, a moveset could be easily made up for him. But I think it'd really shaft Toad fans and PM fans when they both have many more reasons to be included and are relevant to their series today. Geno would only be added because of some votes on some poll but that alone shouldn't warrant an inclusion at all imo

I will admit though that if Geno gets in with Mallow then that'd make it a bit better, because prioritizing Geno over Mallow despite them having the same amount of merit is wack to me

sorry for making that so long :'^)
Where's the unfriend button
you too vaan?? :(

Geno fans are everywhere now!!! :'^( why is Geno so popularrrrrr

P.Kat

Smash Champion
I understand that. Any leak talking about considered or even planned DLC is given a pass, however hesitant I may be. The "leak" mentioned definite DLC being in development, which is cause to send it to the graveyard
Alright Yugi keep up the good work XD
To be fair if there are two MGS songs from Brawl that I DO want ported, they’re Yell Dead Cell (brings back memories of the first time I ever fought against Snake in Brawl with a friend...well...former friend now but still) and Calling to the Night (cause I’m a sucker for dramatic songs and could make for some cinematic, dramatic fights)

>Survive

Ssssshhhh...we do not speak of that. Not ever.
I'd love it if Calling to the Night came back, but what's wrong with sur-er song that must not be named?
If they do decide to include more dramatic songs (and if Xenoblade X gets a stage and ideally also Elma) the Prog Ares battle theme is a MUST. it’s literally a remix of the “sad song” in the game, D91M (Requiem) that maintains its dramatic tone
The only XCX song I know is Don't Worry, I love it thought so I hope it gets add into Smash.
I’d like a Switch port moreso for the fact that it would have a better netcode for multiplayer, AND that the controls won’t torture your hand or break your controller.

Seriously, thanks to Uprising my 3DS XL’s circle pad is dead now ;-;
I have Smash 3DS to thank for my dead circle pad, as well as my dead shoulder buttons ;_;
So who, out of the likely newcomers, do you think WOULDN'T excite you at this point? I just want to hear SOMETHING, but seeing a Xenoblade 2 or X rep (as I haven't played either) or FE rep (unless they're REALLY unique) would bum me pretty hard. EDIT: I really just want to see BIG character reveals, as this is "Ultimate" after all.
King K. Rool with how (understandably) often he's talked about on here, in leaks, YouTube, etc. I'd be completely numb to his arrival. The same goes for Simon Belmont for the same reason as King K. Rool, add to the fact hat I haven't played/kept a close eye on his games, doesn't help me to have any interest in him in the first place.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

Honestly, it's because he's a one hit wonder with no explanation for his fanbase.

He's just as relevant as Mallow, yet no one's backing him, even though he could be just as unique as Geno. Imo Mallow is even more relevant to the plot of SMRPG than Geno, you meet him first too. Yet no one's asking for him, it's all about Geno? Geno doesn't have any more potential than any other popular character, I really don't see the buzz behind him.

It's called the Mushroom Kingdom yet we have no playable Toad, who has two games to himself, technically four. Toad has more games to himself than Geno has ever been in. Nor do we have Paper Mario, who has his own series of characters and partners.

I'll be honest, if Geno was Nintendo's property and appeared consistently in the Mario series? Yeah, I still wouldn't favor him because I always preferred Mallow, but it'd make sense for him to be in. Right now though? All he has going for him is popularity. That's it. Any other character can be unique like him, (in my opinion) any other character is more visually appealing (a wooden puppet with a cape isn't much), and any other character has more relevance. Why Geno?

Even if he did really well on the ballot, I'm sure Goku and Shrek did too. I get how they won't get in because obvious reasons, but Geno's popularity has always turned me off when there's not much to him. He has one appearance, it isn't even to himself, and people think he should be in Smash? I don't understand :(

If he does get in, it's gonna be great for his fans!!! I'd be really happy for them because to go from rags to riches like that is really cool. And I won't lie, a lot of things can be done with Geno, he definitely is a versatile character, a moveset could be easily made up for him. But I think it'd really shaft Toad fans and PM fans when they both have many more reasons to be included and are relevant to their series today. Geno would only be added because of some votes on some poll but that alone shouldn't warrant an inclusion at all imo

I will admit though that if Geno gets in with Mallow then that'd make it a bit better, because prioritizing Geno over Mallow despite them having the same amount of merit is wack to me

you know... if he makes it in... you always have the option to not play as him

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Alright Yuji keep up the good work XD

I'd love it if Calling to the Night came back, but what's wrong with sur-er song that must not be named?

The only XCX song I know is Don't Worry, I love it thought so I hope it gets add into Smash.

I have Smash 3DS to thank for my dead circle pad, as well as my dead shoulder buttons ;_;
King K. Rool with how (understandably) often he's talked about on here, in leaks, YouTube, etc. I'd be completely numb to his arrival. The same goes for Simon Belmont for the same reason as King K. Rool, add to the fact hat I haven't played/kept a close eye on his games, doesn't help me to have any interest in him in the first place.
Survive isn’t a song, but is instead Konami’s version of Star Wars Battlefront II (2017), aka Microtransactions: The Game

You gotta pay a hefty fee to unlock more save slots, and a bunch of scummy practices

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I don't particularly care if Geno's popularity is earned or not. He's popular and at least somewhat visually and mechanically unique. There's really no other justification needed, imo.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I don't particularly care if Geno's popularity is earned or not. He's popular and at least somewhat visually and mechanically unique. There's really no other justification needed, imo.
And Sakurai himself is quite a fan of Geno.
If he doesn't make it in, I'd like to read up on the story about it haha because I feel like there certainly will be one.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
If we're talking Geno, I just want to say that it's really not up to Sakurai to add him. It's up to Square Enix. This is particularly why I don't think Geno is happening. It all goes back to what Sakurai said many years ago

Sakurai said:
Both companies have to want the character to join the battle
https://sourcegaming.info/2015/10/05/sakuraithirdparty/

I cannot fathom any reason why SE would want Geno in Smash as a playable character. A small cameo is fine, but I guarantee that SE has hundreds of other characters they'd want in Smash before Geno. Hell, they didn't even have Geno in their Mario Sports games they developed.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I actually agree, but I feel like we left the realm of "Only necessary characters" a long time ago.
Was Wii Fit necessary? Was Mr G&W necessary? Probably not but they're here and I love them.
And i'm gonna love Ashley once she's here (Hopefully)!
Values of necessity are mostly opinionated, but K. Rool exists. Though that's the only one I deem mostly necessary since Donkey Kong's a pretty successful series. I wouldn't consider Geno or Isaac necessary either even though they're in the trifecta of "been waiting for centuries" club.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
you know... if he makes it in... you always have the option to not play as him
I also have the option to spend my money freely :'^(((((((

Geno getting in would just be a huge bummer. Yeah, I would still buy the game, because I still got my babies lol forget y'all, w/ squirtle and ivysaur I can take over the world, all I said was that I can see where AlphaSSB was coming from.

It'd just be disappointing to see Geno on the roster (and I couldn't avoid him in online battles, etc.) when characters like Toad or Paper Mario can't even get in.

And yeah obviously I'm biased towards Toad lol but even PM, I'd support him because like Toad he has his own games, it's a shocker that he isn't in yet.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Now I'm not disagreeing with you here, but playable occurrences don't exactly justify an inclusion in Smash.
If so, we'd have Tingle in by now and boy oh boy do I seriously doubt there's a huge uproar for Tingle.

And yes man in the back raising your hand, you are not enough to be a "huge uproar."

Last edited:

CodakTheWarrior

Smash Ace

Alright you're fully allowed to not want a character, but to completely bash Geno like that when TONS of people her want him is just unnecessary. He has fans, and his fan base doesn't exactly need to give an explanation as to why they like him. Saying you won't buy the game if he gets in is just... pathetic, really. If he does get in (which I think he has a pretty decent shot of) just...

DONT PLAY AS HIM

It's really that easy. I swear some people here are really thick-skulled with their reasoning.

Also, you also seem to be a bit of a hypocrite. I notice you want Mipha based off your sig, yet are against Geno because he's has equal merit to other characters. I'm sorry, but couldn't that EXACT argument be used against Mipha? In Botw all the champions are completely equal in prominence, yet Mipha is wanted for the same reason Geno is. People just like the character better, it honestly is that simple. You really do seem to have some backward logic here. Again, I'm sorry, but when you openly bash my third most wanted character and a bunch of other people's most wanted, you better believe I'm gonna fight back against it.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961

Geno getting in would just be a huge bummer. Yeah, I would still buy the game, because I still got my babies lol forget y'all, w/ squirtle and ivysaur I can take over the world, all I said was that I can see where AlphaSSB was coming from.

It'd just be disappointing to see Geno on the roster (and I couldn't avoid him in online battles, etc.) when characters like Toad or Paper Mario can't even get in.

And yeah obviously I'm biased towards Toad lol but even PM, I'd support him because like Toad he has his own games, it's a shocker that he isn't in yet.
You can like multiple characters. Even ones from the same series.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Here's a new topic. For any of you Smash players who don't have character loyalty (and then some i.e. ME :yoshi:) I want to ask a question. If you are planning to main the same character you mained in Smash 4, what will it take for you to drop them for someone else?
I'm planning on sticking with Yoshi even if he's worse then Melee Kirby. As for the others...

:ultmarth::ultvillager:: They would have to feel pretty different from 4. Also maybe my preferred alt getting cut

:ultlucas:: No new interesting Newcomers and everyone else being meh is the only way I'm sticking with him. I'm already planning on droping him, I want to go semi-competitive this time around.

:ultroy::ultbowserjr:: They would need some buffs for me to pick them up, They're fun, but their low tierness doesn't make up for it.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The hierarchal leader of this fungi clan of anthropomorphic organisms does not have the capacity to stretch his lower-body muscles in order expand and contract with enough strength to overcome the weight of his own body and increase in vertical distance due to a handicap presented by the overbearing weight of his accessory items of choice.

Something like that.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Iv'e already decided i'll main Inkling, but if Ashley gets in?

IT'S OVER FOR YOU :ultinkling:
Sheik has been my main since Melee, I didn't even know what a tier list was, I just love ninja/ninja-esque characters and I just knew I wasn't leaving Sheik for nothing. But if my wolf Ammy is in Smash ultimate, then either *sniff* Corrin or Lucina will have to go:(, or I'll have 4 mains the latter would be more likely.

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
Yoo that Snake Eater remix is hype. It really seems to me like remixes and new songs will be much more better distributed than in Brawl and especially Smash 4. Maybe FF will get more songs too, I can't wait

Enderwoman

Smash Journeyman

this sounds very petty

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
The hierarchal leader of this fungi clan of anthropomorphic organisms does not have the capacity to stretch his lower-body muscles in order expand and contract with enough strength to overcome the weight of his own body and increase in vertical distance due to a handicap presented by the overbearing weight of his accessory items of choice.

Something like that.
Too extremely verbose for Smash.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Pokechu Pokechu

I want a playable Toad in Smash too. But I don't think Geno is a roadblock in his way. I know it may feel that way if Captain Toad makes it and Geno doesn't. But I really feel Geno being included would be more of a special case (Just for the cult status since Brawl and part/mostly 3rd Party). The only Mario RPG character Captain Toad is actually competing with is Paper Mario. If there even is another spot for another Mario newcomer

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Sheik has been my main since Melee, I didn't even know what a tier list was, I just love ninja/ninja-esque characters and I just knew I wasn't leaving Sheik for nothing. But if my wolf Ammy is in Smash ultimate, then either *sniff* Corrin or Lucina will have to go:(, or I'll have 4 mains the latter would be more likely.
Um, I think that was supposed to be a response to MY question...

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
You can like multiple characters. Even ones from the same series.
Oh yeah definitely

W/ PM I wouldn't mind him in Smash, but Toad should come first. Obv. biased w/ that lol I'll admit !!

PM still makes a lotta sense in Smash though, he has a whole series to his name, so if he skipped Toad I'd only be a little salty ;)

It's mostly Geno's irrelevance that gets me, that, his popularity due to that, and how no one likes Mallow ??? :^(

Alright you're fully allowed to not want a character, but to completely bash Geno like that when TONS of people her want him is just unnecessary. He has fans, and his fan base doesn't exactly need to give an explanation as to why they like him. Saying you won't buy the game if he gets in is just... pathetic, really. If he does get in (which I think he has a pretty decent shot of) just...

DONT PLAY AS HIM

It's really that easy. I swear some people here are really thick-skulled with their reasoning.

Also, you also seem to be a bit of a hypocrite. I notice you want Mipha based off your sig, yet are against Geno because he's has equal merit to other characters. I'm sorry, but couldn't that EXACT argument be used against Mipha? In Botw all the champions are completely equal in prominence, yet Mipha is wanted for the same reason Geno is. People just like the character better, it honestly is that simple. You really do seem to have some backward logic here. Again, I'm sorry, but when you openly bash my third most wanted character and a bunch of other people's most wanted, you better believe I'm gonna fight back against it.
could you quote where I said I wouldn't buy the game if Geno got in? :^(

Sorry if you got that impression! I think I might've implied it but IDK I'm really horrible w/ words lol

I do admit that Geno does have his appeal in some ways, like he's really easy to imagine fighting, he's popular, I admitted that in my wall, but just his irrelevance should prevent him from getting in Smash when we don't even have Toad and Dixie yet. But idk that's just my $0.02

w/ Mipha though, yeah there's three other Champions, but she adds the most; I think Zoras are the second most reoccuring species in Zelda behind Gorons, and she'd be more fun to play as than Daruk imo because she has her trident, her healing powers, etc. That's why I think Mipha is a little above the Champions.

also not playing as him wouldn't prevent me from seeing him online, etc.

Sorry if you felt that I bashed him really hard though! I really didn't mean to, I just meant to post my thoughts, that's why I admitted that yeah Geno does have his perks, he just isn't for me.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Damn murder
That wasn't meant to be some anti Geno murder and I'd appreciate it if you didn't treat it like one.

I just explained why I find him kind of unexciting.

He'd still be neat in Smash and he will probably grow on me but as of now, meh.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Captain Toad can't jump.
Unless you take off his backpack.
But then that's just Captain Toad alt. of a red Toad.
What if he just packed light?

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman
By rejecting Geno, you're also rejecting Super Mario RPG's soundtrack. And that's criminal. Rejecting good OST's will get you sent to Video Game Jail. /s

But in all seriousness, Geno would be cool. I've never played Mario RPG myself, but I have watched many a Let's Play, and he looks like a perfect fit for Smash.

Last edited:

Dcm05

Smash Rookie
NNID
Dcm05U
Switch FC
SW 6343 3927 4794
I think the demos have only had the Switch Pro controller available, so no one has the answer to that. However I remember Gamecube Adapters being spotted at the E3 Invitational, if so try tagging one of the players who were there on Twitter and ask them directly.

I'm still going to seriously try ROB and Zard, as well as my old Brawl trio of Dedede/Wolf/Snake, other characters I like such as Ganon and Lucario, and newcomers that really interest me like Ridley. I don't have specific loyalty to anyone though and whoever I end up maining in the end is simply going to be who I play best with and enjoy most as I always did, which is impossible to predict with all the character and gameplay changes happening alongside the potential new characters who could click with me (I'm personally most hopeful for Wolf as he has a really solid character design, I think Brawl's gameplay held him back, and overall he may be my favorite Smash character ever, but he could get nerfed severely and impede me from playing him as well as other characters).

I tried asking Zero on his stream but not even he knew about the shield triggers. If there’s another demo at Nintendo NYC or when they release the demo on the Eshop, I’ll try to test it. If anyone else can help find an answer that would be awesome.

CodakTheWarrior

Smash Ace
Oh yeah definitely

W/ PM I wouldn't mind him in Smash, but Toad should come first. Obv. biased w/ that lol I'll admit !!

PM still makes a lotta sense in Smash though, he has a whole series to his name, so if he skipped Toad I'd only be a little salty ;)

It's mostly Geno's irrelevance that gets me, that, his popularity due to that, and how no one likes Mallow ??? :^(

could you quote where I said I wouldn't buy the game if Geno got in? :^(

Sorry if you got that impression! I think I might've implied it but IDK I'm really horrible w/ words lol

I do admit that Geno does have his appeal in some ways, like he's really easy to imagine fighting, he's popular, I admitted that in my wall, but just his irrelevance should prevent him from getting in Smash when we don't even have Toad and Dixie yet. But idk that's just my $0.02

w/ Mipha though, yeah there's three other Champions, but she adds the most; I think Zoras are the second most reoccuring species in Zelda behind Gorons, and she'd be more fun to play as than Daruk imo because she has her trident, her healing powers, etc. That's why I think Mipha is a little above the Champions.

also not playing as him wouldn't prevent me from seeing him online, etc.

Sorry if you felt that I bashed him really hard though! I really didn't mean to, I just meant to post my thoughts, that's why I admitted that yeah Geno does have his perks, he just isn't for me.
Oh wow... I'm really sorry for I how I handled my self there, I really misinterpreted what you said. Thanks for the nice response too, I really don't deserve that for what I said too.

I think the reason I kinda ranted is just because I'm really kinda fed up of seeing some people actively go against certain very popular characters just because they don't like them. I just feel that not liking them seems like an invalid reason to not want a character.

Again, I'm really sorry for kinda blowing up on you there, thanks for being cool about it!

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325

Something like that.
this sounds very petty
I'm glad we all have our own opinions.
Pokechu Pokechu

I want a playable Toad in Smash too. But I don't think Geno is a roadblock in his way. I know it may feel that way if Captain Toad makes it and Geno doesn't. But I really feel Geno being included would be more of a special case (Just for the cult status since Brawl and part/mostly 3rd Party). The only Mario RPG character Captain Toad is actually competing with is Paper Mario. If there even is another spot for another Mario newcomer
Oh yeah, you are right! Geno getting in wouldn't automatically prevent any other character getting in, it's just that Geno would get in due to popularity while other characters (I used Toad/PM because they're from the same series) can be relevant and important and still not get in. That kind of thing, you know?

Now I'm not disagreeing with you here, but playable occurrences don't exactly justify an inclusion in Smash.
If so, we'd have Tingle in by now and boy oh boy do I seriously doubt there's a huge uproar for Tingle.

And yes man in the back raising your hand, you are not enough to be a "huge uproar."
You're not wrong, it's just that Geno is irrelevant to his series and would hypothetically get in, while characters who could be just as unique, and definitely more important to their series, would miss out.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Wambo

Smash Ace
Quick question, what makes a character unnecessary to you?
And would any of them happen to be little witches in training?
I worded that sentence poorly. What I meant was, I've seen some people in the past who deemed Geno an unnecessary character due to his age, and the fact that he's only appeared in two games (three, if you count the Mii costume in Smash 4).

And no, I'd love to see Ashley in Smash. She's popular and relevant, the two things that people claim Geno doesn't have (he's had popularity for a long time, and the Mii costume made him relevant. Come on, guys. He doesn't need a complete in-game appearance to be made relevant again).

I find it odd how some people still have a problem with her, when she's actually one of the likeliest characters this game.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom