• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Insert Thanos joke here

But yeah, I loved those little details in Uprising and in the Smash 4 Palutena’s Guidance.

Ps. I wonder if someone here is versed enough to do those guidances with the crew that was absent from 4, since we already have someone here doing Snake codecs
Well there is a Palutena Guidance thread in the Pit threads, but nobody cares for that there since there’s more focus on his buffs than fun and edge

And I love that they’re adding more details + references from Uprising (like Pit talking about his illiteracy), hopefully there’ll be tons more
Well, specifically the villains, saying half is a little too much. lol.
Some heroes like :ultpit::ultsonic: almost died, but got revived in just minutes, or hours on end. The other, is the undying sacrifice:ultfalcon:
Now Pit got to have a conclusion game that can also be used as a continuation (like Avatar The Last Airbender) and Sonic is immune to death in general after 06 happened...but poor Falcon
It's so early game that you see it before you can even move!
Don't forget about gyro controls! Seriously, they'd be perfect for a game like Kid Icarus Uprising. It would allow mouse-like cursor control. Obviously, they'd be optional, but people are really sleeping on gyro aiming because they don't want to take time to get used to learn it like they did with stick controls. It's sad to see because it makes aiming in games like Splatoon and potentially Uprising so much more accurate. :(
Gyro controls would also be perfect for such a game...Hell I bet a single JoyCon could make the game more comfortable to play than a 3DS

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
https://twitter.com/AllSourceGaming/status/1019397825073827840?s=19

We offered a correction here over the Geno comments. I'm sorry for the mistake.

After talking to the other translators at SG, it became clear that it was just my personal interpretation of that text, and not something that should be propagated as the actual meaning.
I think Source Gaming should post something related to the Daisy/Waddle Dee amiibo data from Yoshi's Wooly World "evidence".

I see that thing in a lot of websites and forums and the source of that was memoryman and we don't even know if he was telling the truth or if his theory makes sense at all, because people can't understand the data lol.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Well, specifically the villains, saying half is a little too much. lol.
Some heroes like :ultpit::ultsonic: almost died, but got revived in just minutes, or hours on end. The other, is the undying sacrifice:ultfalcon:
:ultfalcon: is a title rather than a specific person, also there are a ****ton of canons in F-Zero it's not even funny.

The latest and only Falcon right now is Ryu Suzaku or Rick Wheeler, take your pick. The one that died was Jody Summer's brother. In the console games his name was Douglas or something.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
It's so early game that you see it before you can even move!
Don't forget about gyro controls! Seriously, they'd be perfect for a game like Kid Icarus Uprising. It would allow mouse-like cursor control. Obviously, they'd be optional, but people are really sleeping on gyro aiming because they don't want to take time to get used to learn it like they did with stick controls. It's sad to see because it makes aiming in games like Splatoon and potentially Uprising so much more accurate. :(
I think Star Fox Zero scared everyone away from gyro controls.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Also if you're really into Ashley, WarioWare Gold has a minigame with her in 3D model form.

If you put on your tinfoil hat hard enough you'll start to believe they'll use the same one for Smash. :4pacman:
That's ridiculous.
That IS the Smash model, Sakurai just let them use it.
:troll:

Seriously though my girl looks amazing here, I can't take it!

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Same can be said with Fire Emblem, but more characters from that series would cause me to debate even getting the game, Echos or not.
I don't understand this.

Like, you got your most wanted character back and you're super hyped for it.

But if one character gets in you're willing to not get it at all?

I just don't understand it.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Well there is a Palutena Guidance thread in the Pit threads, but nobody cares for that there since there’s more focus on his buffs than fun and edge

And I love that they’re adding more details + references from Uprising (like Pit talking about his illiteracy), hopefully there’ll be tons more

Now Pit got to have a conclusion game that can also be used as a continuation (like Avatar The Last Airbender) and Sonic is immune to death in general after 06 happened...but poor Falcon

Gyro controls would also be perfect for such a game...Hell I bet a single JoyCon could make the game more comfortable to play than a 3DS
What hurts even more is the fact that Nintendo WAS considering outsourcing a new F-Zero game to another company, I think it was the Burnout studio? I know I read it somewhere

Also, Mother/Earthbound is considered finished as per Itoi’s statement.

KMDP

Smash Legend

DGAMER

Smash Apprentice
The Snake Eater Remix is ok. I actually prefer the original instrumental over the vocal version. Don't think it stands up to the original. Love the guitar.

As for what will it take for me to 100% drop Sonic, it will be if there is a more interesting character for me to play. I kinda want to be knowledgable on all the characters this time around.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I'm try
I think Source Gaming should post something related to the Daisy/Waddle Dee amiibo data from Yoshi's Wooly World "evidence".

I see that thing in a lot of websites and forums and the source of that was memoryman and we don't even know if he was telling the truth or if his theory makes sense at all, because people can't understand the data lol.
Ill talk to the other staff and see what they think. We've been trying to limit our involvement with MM after he got angry when we used his footage, with his explicit permission, for the Daisy RTC.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
:ultfalcon: is a title rather than a specific person, also there are a ****ton of canons in F-Zero it's not even funny.

The latest and only Falcon right now is Ryu Suzaku or Rick Wheeler, take your pick. The one that died was Jody Summer's brother. In the console games his name was Douglas or something.
The GBA games/anime’s canon is different from the console games’ canon. :ultfalcon:’s full name in the console games is Douglas Jay Falcon, and also he has black hair in the console games (anime has brown hair) but they both have the scar near the eyebrow.

Anyway I was gonna post another scenario game but Smashboards is borking too much for me on mobile so imma play some other video games and possibly go to bed soon

Night y’all o/

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
What hurts even more is the fact that Nintendo WAS considering outsourcing a new F-Zero game to another company, I think it was the Burnout studio? I know I read it somewhere

Also, Mother/Earthbound is considered finished as per Itoi’s statement.
Like how there was supposed to be a more serious reboot to Kid Icarus before Nintendo rejected the idea

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Ah, I see. It's good to know that calling you in was the correct answer, then. :grin:
Yeah it's always good to tag me with questions or concerns. Between working a full time job, running SG and being in a relationship, I don't have time to look through every post.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
"I meant to say Geno wouldn't play similar to Mii Gunner"

I'm sorry I had to, lol
Fake news. Everyone knows I've been extremely tough on Jigglypuff. No one has been tougher on the Puff than me.

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
I understand FE but why would the Xenoblade newcomers bum you out if you just haven't played the game?
Well, since I haven't played the games, I don't have an attachment to the characters. I also would just prefer characters to be revealed that are more iconic and have a longer history. Sakurai knows there's a lot of characters like that not currently on the roster.

In short, more characters from Kid Icarus, Fire Emblem, and 3rd Parties, as well as any more 'Echo' characters.

I've no interest in any potential Kid Icarus newcomers, so I'd be pretty disappointed there. Same can be said with Fire Emblem, but more characters from that series would cause me to debate even getting the game, Echos or not.

I think we've hit a good sweet spot with seven 3rd Parties, even if I hate most of them. Although there are some that could be interesting, such as Simon Belmont, the number of 3rd Parties we have now turns me away from the idea of getting more. Indie characters would cause me to debate even getting the game, and any 4th Parties would lead to me dropping it completely.

Lastly, more 'Echo' characters would be disappointing to see in general, especially if they've much greater potential. Granted, it's better than nothing, but would be unfortunate depending on the character.
Wow, there's a lot that I wouldn't be too excited about, but nothing could be reveled that would make me not want to buy the game. I just can't identify with that at all. Even if a new FE character was an Echo you wouldn't buy it? Why? This is also the first time I've seen someone say they "hate" most of the 3rd party characters. Sorry they disappoint you...

FantasticMr.StarPit

Smash Journeyman

Oh yeah; if more F-Zero games are to come, the next canon will have Dr. Stewart as the next Captain Falcon, and then the next canon Stewart's & Summer's son/or daughter will be the next Captain Falcon. :troll: just kidding.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The GBA games/anime’s canon is different from the console games’ canon.
Wow it's almost as if you repeated what I just said.

Ryu is still the latest, both in the anime and in the last set of F-Zero games, since they have the same characters but separate stories (in the GP games Andy actually survived the big ****ing galaxy-sized blast). F-Zero GX was before both GP Legend and Climax. As far as I'm concerned, Ryu is the Falcon as of now.

What hurts even more is the fact that Nintendo WAS considering outsourcing a new F-Zero game to another company, I think it was the Burnout studio? I know I read it somewhere.
Yeah, they copped out to work on another generic racer that sells well, just don't know the name.

Miyamoto's reliance on gimmicks for "the future of F-Zero" is a bad idea IMO, the game is fine as is. You don't need to add something like motion controls or something to it, that'd be stupidly impossible to manage.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
We've been trying to limit our involvement with MM after he got angry
Oh?
when we used his footage
Okay...?
with his explicit permission
Wait, WHAT!? WHY?

If you give someone permission to use your footage, they're probably going to use your footage! I'm not even a content creator and I get that.

As someone who has, until now, not been greatly involved with the wider Smash community, this notion just boggles my mind.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Yeah, they copped out to work on another generic racer that sells well, just don't know the name.
Isn’t that the Fast Racing NEO or whatever?

(Aaaaand I should REALLY get to bed now. Smashboards why u do dis

And if this accidentally double posts, again blame Smashboards)

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I don't understand this.

Like, you got your most wanted character back and you're super hyped for it.

But if one character gets in you're willing to not get it at all?

I just don't understand it.
idk I see where he's coming from

I got my babies (squirtle, ivysaur <3) but if geno sneaks his way in?????

i will be heartbroken

nothing can make up for that

so I see where he's coming from, some inclusions we just find unfavorable. Really unfavorable.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
Here's a new topic. For any of you Smash players who don't have character loyalty (and then some i.e. ME :yoshi:) I want to ask a question. If you are planning to main the same character you mained in Smash 4, what will it take for you to drop them for someone else?
If he sucks or I have more fun with another character. My "character loyalty" goes as far as how much fun I have with it.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

i will be heartbroken

so I see where he's coming from, some inclusions we just find unfavorable. Really unfavorable.
Well...
Can I borrow the 60 bucks you probably won't use then?

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Oh?

Okay...?

Wait, WHAT!? WHY?

If you give someone permission to use your footage, they're probably going to use your footage! I'm not even a content creator and I get that.

As someone who has, until now, not been greatly involved with the wider Smash community, this notion just boggles my mind.
I think it has something to do with how MM obtained the footage in the first place. Anyways, that's MM for ya. He makes my Yoshi fanaticism look like a mere passing interest

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Well...
Can I borrow the 60 bucks you probably won't use then?
lol if geno gets in I'd be SHOCKED, I'm not expecting it at all

that's why I'm not worried ;) I don't think he has any chance.

But that's just me.

Cheryl~

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1511-1076-9918
Here's a new topic. For any of you Smash players who don't have character loyalty (and then some i.e. ME :yoshi:) I want to ask a question. If you are planning to main the same character you mained in Smash 4, what will it take for you to drop them for someone else?
I am very loyal to Lucario because he just fits my playstyle so perfectly and is really fun to play, so there's only 2 things that would make me deter from him:

1. If Ultimate Lucario had a completely different moveset and playstyle that didn't gel with me.
2. If he was like, really really bad. Bad enough that I wouldn't have as much fun playing as him.

However, Ultimate Lucario seems to have the same moveset and will probably be close to his Smash 4 counterpart, so I'm definitely still maining my boy. :ultlucario:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Iv'e already decided i'll main Inkling, but if Ashley gets in?

IT'S OVER FOR YOU :ultinkling:

OdnetninAges

Smash Journeyman
If you give someone permission to use your footage, they're probably going to use your footage!
He said yes AND got angry despite giving his approval?
I thought the problem was that he didn't like his footage being used in association with the final rating Daisy got in the RTC.

Like, I remember him saying that the person who did the RTC was "biased" or something like that.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I think it has something to do with how MM obtained the footage in the first place. Anyways, that's MM for ya. He makes my Yoshi fanaticism look like a mere passing interest
He said yes AND got angry despite giving his approval? :mad088:
I thought the problem was that he didn't like his footage being used in association with the final rating Daisy got in the RTC.

Like, I remember him saying that the person who did the RTC was "biased" or something like that.
I am calling to mind a certain panel from a certain comic about a certain superhero who dresses like a flying rodent and may or may not be a homeless man pretending to be said hero, who has just kidnapped a boy, age 12, and is driving him to his mansion while yelling at him about the boy, age 12's, mental faculties.

Last edited:

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778

If Geno or Banjo-Kazooie gets announced I will main them, otherwise I'll stick with Little Mac. Honestly any combination of those three and I'll probably have multiple "mains" and just end up using whichever one fits my play style best the most, but I'll certainly try to main all of them.

Geno has been my dream character since brawl and I've been a huge fan of his since I was a kid, I grew up loving mario rpg and my strategy guide for it is falling apart because I'd look at the pictures every night before bed when I couldn't play it (tv was downstairs). can't believe he's actually highly likely this time around.

Banjo-Kazooie I've wanted to come back to Nintendo for SO long, having them in smash would be amazing, one of my favorite N64 games and I'd say that "era" of Nintendo is my favorite so I'd love for them to represent it.

Little Mac is my favorite purely Nintendo character, Punch-out!! was one of the first games I ever played and after playing it nearly my entire life the patterns of the fighters are burned into my memory. its a very awesome feeling to play threw punch-out and get in that "zone" where pressing the right button is almost second nature. little mac will always be special to me for that.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Imagine a world where Slippy Toad was a Toad instead of a toad...

But that's just me.
I want part of that $60 that you're not gonna use apparently, don't give it all to Arigarmy

Wambo

Smash Ace

But that's just me.
Meh, more Smash Ultimate for us.

Out of curiosity, how come you're not a fan of Geno? Out of all the "unnecessary characters", he's the likeliest/makes the most sense to get in.

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778
Mordred being announced.

ಠ_ಠ

Noipoi

Howdy!
Meh, more Smash Ultimate for us.

Out of curiosity, how come you're not a fan of Geno? Out of all the "unnecessary characters", he's the likeliest/makes the most sense to get in.
Quick question, what makes a character unnecessary to you?
And would any of them happen to be little witches in training?

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961

i will be heartbroken

Where's the unfriend button

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
I’ve scoured the internet as much as I could but I couldn’t seem to find the answer to this question:

I’ve been meaning to purchase trigger plugs for my GCC. However, I don’t know if shielding in Smash ultimate is triggered by the analogue or digital press of the trigger. Reason being, if it’s by the analogue press similar to smash 4 then I won’t get the plugs for the Controller. Does anyone know if it’s uses Smash 4/Melee analogue shielding or Brawl’s Digital press shielding?
(I am not talking about light shielding, I am refering to the act of activating shield with the triggers)
I think the demos have only had the Switch Pro controller available, so no one has the answer to that. However I remember Gamecube Adapters being spotted at the E3 Invitational, if so try tagging one of the players who were there on Twitter and ask them directly.

I'm still going to seriously try ROB and Zard, as well as my old Brawl trio of Dedede/Wolf/Snake, other characters I like such as Ganon and Lucario, and newcomers that really interest me like Ridley. I don't have specific loyalty to anyone though and whoever I end up maining in the end is simply going to be who I play best with and enjoy most as I always did, which is impossible to predict with all the character and gameplay changes happening alongside the potential new characters who could click with me (I'm personally most hopeful for Wolf as he has a really solid character design, I think Brawl's gameplay held him back, and overall he may be my favorite Smash character ever, but he could get nerfed severely and impede me from playing him as well as other characters).

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'm generally not fussy on mains, on a good day I can main various characters, like Luigi, Little Mac and Peach.

If Rayman shows up though, nothing in the world will stop me from gravitating to him.

Wambo

Smash Ace
The guitar in the new Snake Eater song made me think of this for some reason. I know that style is called "surf guitar", but my mind always goes here:
Where's my Lego Island representation, Sakurai?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom