• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iridium

Smash Hero
So, you thought I was in another country? (not making a big deal out of that, by the way)

Well, I think it is safe to say that it won't be the 21st in some parts of the world, aside from Japan of course. But I think you did know that already. Just saying.
Eh, I just forgot that my time zone does not apply to the entire U.S., so that explains a lot. Anyway, do you expect any announcements? Probably unlikely, but we can still hope.

Dracyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dracyoshi
My worst fear: Paper Mario gets added, but doesn't use any abilities from classic Paper Mario games and instead relies on stickers.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Who are your ultimate wish characters that you want to be in smash? For me its Crash and Phoenix Wright
I've waited for oh so long...
Baby please don't tell me, "I was wrong."
smt1-hero.jpg

Any of the SMT Messiahs would be fine.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Paper Mario and Terra. Bomberman too but he's an assist...
All I want is Impa, whether she be a unique newcomer or an echo, I don't care - but I'd prefer the former obviously. She's my favorite character from my favorite Nintendo series.

Anything after that - K Rool, Dixie, Bandanna Dee, etc. - is just more icing on the cake.

Hell, even Impa is icing on the cake at this point.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Well, they couldn't be arsed to make a good Paper Mario game for an entire decade. Wouldn't be surprised if it didn't even make Smash. Paper Mario can't get a break.
They're not doing it on purpose that they're not critically acclaimed or liked in general. Do you honestly think they want to stomp the series into the ground?

Last edited:

RandomAce

Smash Champion
All I want is Impa, whether she be a unique newcomer or an echo, I don't care - but I'd prefer the former obviously. She's my favorite character from my favorite Nintendo series.

Anything after that - K Rool, Dixie, Bandanna Dee, etc. - is just more icing on the cake.

Hell, even Impa is icing on the cake at this point.
I agree. I would really love it if Impa were to join. However, I’m really hoping her to come in a similar form to her HW’s appearance, since having her Big Sword, naginata, and sheikah abilites would be the best, but I would be bummed if she was just an echo.

Impa was always a character I liked since she appeared across many games with a pretty big importance among a lot of them. So I’m hoping Impa is the first unique character for the Zelda series after 17 years.

Last edited:

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
I agree. I would really love it if Impa were to join. However, I’m really hoping her to come in a similar form to her HW’s appearance, since having her Big Sword, naginata, and sheikah abilites would be the best, but I would be bummed if she was just an echo.

Impa was always a character I liked since she appeared across many games with a pretty big importance among a lot of them. So I’m hoping Impa is the first unique character for the Zelda series after 17 years.
HW Impa would be a dream. But I don't wanna get my hopes up. I know she isn't the most popular or hype-inducing character, despite her importance to the series.

I just really hope Zelda gets a newcomer. They have like 6 characters and 3 of them are Links. And there's so many great characters in the series

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
On the topic of SMT, I could see Flynn being a possible rep. He is the face of the 3DS SMT games
There are only 2 of them though. Unless you count those spinoffs.

I'd rather see a Marth situation where the first gets represented and have the other Messiahs be alts since they use the same fighting style.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Don’t know if people are gonna care, but Samus showed signs of her PTSD in the Ridley trailer (which also references the manga quite a bit)
Don’t think he only pulled from Other M since Mario and Mega Man die in a way that’s similar to the manga (which shows her PTSD massively), and that came out around 2004 (other games showed minor hints at it, but only the manga and OM had it play a huge role in their stories)
The scene itself plays out like an HD version/depiction of Zero Mission, which obviously took heavy inspiration from the manga.

The Other M depiction of the PTSD scene gets flak for being drawn out/"why isn't Samus being Samus/telling instead of showing" (which is the whole game in a nutshell, really), but I don't really think this depiction really draws from that specific scene outside of the zoom in on Samus' visor/showing her eyes quivering. Even then, she immediately recognized what was going on/got herself ready and obvioulsy the ending showed she was still raring to go, so I loved it.

Who are your ultimate wish characters that you want to be in smash? For me its Crash and Phoenix Wright
Dark Samus as a completely unique character (or at least semi-clone at worst, as I've accepted Echo would be easier/much more likely), Krystal, Kamek and Dillon.

The rest I'd like either stand a decent chance (therefore not really "wishlist") or are already in the game. :ultridley: :ultinkling:

osby

Smash Obsessed
HW Impa would be a dream. But I don't wanna get my hopes up. I know she isn't the most popular or hype-inducing character, despite her importance to the series.

I just really hope Zelda gets a newcomer. They have like 6 characters and 3 of them are Links. And there's so many great characters in the series
There are like, six characters who have both importance and continuous appearences, so I'm not suprised.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
There are only 2 of them though. Unless you count those spinoffs.

I'd rather see a Marth situation where the first gets represented and have the other Messiahs be alts since they use the same fighting style.
That would be interesting, and probably for the best to treat it like FE with its protagonists. I wonder what name they would give him

Though I'm still not so secretly hoping for Jack Frost

osby

Smash Obsessed
I'm kinda secretly hoping for a Persona character, which a lot more popular than SMT at this point.

Though Jack Frost would be cool - no pun intended.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
I'm kinda secretly hoping for a Persona character, which a lot more popular than SMT at this point.

Though Jack Frost would be cool - no pun intended.
Joker please

Do you all know what the first Megami Tensei game released in the west was?

Sad but true
You can play as Jack Frost, Pyro Jack, AND Jack the Ripper? Remake this game Atlus.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Do you all know what the first Megami Tensei game released in the west was?

Sad but true
Can we expect a Fire Emblem situation here? Like first installment wins, not first localized one.

Don't get me wrong, a Jack Bros team would be epic.

ThatShadowLink

Smash Ace
NNID
ThatShadowLink
I made a moveset for Flynn a bit back that used the Jack Bros as specials for fun. I was going to make a support thread for him, but alas, I have not the courage nor the dedication for it.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I made a moveset for Flynn a bit back that used the Jack Bros as specials for fun. I was going to make a support thread for him, but alas, I have not the courage nor the dedication for it.
I got one done, but right now, I'm working on making the thread to accommodate it.
Well, it's not so much Flynn as it's some mega-amalgam of all the Megaten characters. As it turns out Raidou Kuzunoha is quite useful for drawing moves from.
Joker please

You can play as Jack Frost, Pyro Jack, AND Jack the Ripper? Remake this game Atlus.
Have you seen Synchronicity? It's a small game made to promote the release of SMT:SJR
You can play as a Jack Frost and Jack O'Lantern tag team

P.Kat

Smash Champion
I honestly really like the idea of this? She can have a move that's kind of like her assist trophy move where it's an area-of-effect where something is just worse on the opponent if they happen to be in it, with different colors depending on the move's effects
Sound great, I'm hoping it would be something like that Ashley would also have a smaller, quicker version for one-on-ones. She can fight inside the AOE unaffected, enemies would have to take the chance of gaining a debuff to knock her out, or wait for it to fade (maybe, it feels kinda broken, either she gets affected by the AOE too, or the AOE has a cooldown limit to make it fair what do you think?).

I'm guessing it's best that the AOE debuff is set at random, Ashley can give her spells names with obvious effects such as
Slowpoke
Lead Shoes,
Wimpy(Wimpakadabra) (low attack damage/knockback),
Brittle Shield (can't use shield long or low shield regeneration)

being very common spell, and

Sleepyhead
Featherweight
Esrever (reverses the opponent's controls)
Talentless (disables a random Special, (pray its not Up Special Haha))
Shortstack/Small Fry (shrinks enemies to poison mushroom sizes)

being the rarer of spells.

Maybe with each spell (Special attack) she lands, Ashley's confidence (gauge) increases and that gives her, her rarer spells to use as an AOE or as a single spell attack just don't miss. The more I think about her debuff moveset, the more I want Ashley in this game and I already wanted her in as a newcomer I hopes she a debuff character.

Edit: I thought you could only choose one whoops: Amaterasu, Shantae, Sora, Fjorm, Rayman, and Kat (Gravity Rush)

Last edited:

JayJay55

Smash Journeyman
Wasn’t there a leak that mentioned something about a Smash styled Jump game? That actually just got announced.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Whew, it took three days and a lot of blood, sweat and tears, but the Character Support Ranking is finally done.

By the way, DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon , I see you said you wanted Sora, but I don't think I saw you in the Sora thread while I was counting his supporters. 'Course, I haven't checked.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Wasn’t there a leak that mentioned something about a Smash styled Jump game? That actually just got announced.
I don’t think so.

On a side note, they said that they couldn’t give Light a moveset for Jump Force and look at we have here. Yeah both games have different styles but if they were able to balance Light here then, I don’t know why the Jump Force can balance him there.

Oh maybe they’re going to make a Light a playable unlockables to DLC character, I don’t know.

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
Wow, Konami's getting obscure with these characters, Space Adventure Cobra? City Hunter? Cats Eye? whats next, Shameless School?

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
The scene itself plays out like an HD version/depiction of Zero Mission, which obviously took heavy inspiration from the manga.

The Other M depiction of the PTSD scene gets flak for being drawn out/"why isn't Samus being Samus/telling instead of showing" (which is the whole game in a nutshell, really), but I don't really think this depiction really draws from that specific scene outside of the zoom in on Samus' visor/showing her eyes quivering. Even then, she immediately recognized what was going on/got herself ready and obvioulsy the ending showed she was still raring to go, so I loved it.

Dark Samus as a completely unique character (or at least semi-clone at worst, as I've accepted Echo would be easier/much more likely), Krystal, Kamek and Dillon.

The rest I'd like either stand a decent chance (therefore not really "wishlist") or are already in the game. :ultridley::ultinkling:
Honestly somebody needs to buy Sakurai an entire dimension just for the subtle references alone

And even though Smash ain’t canon to the Metroid series like it is to the Kid Icarus crew, in a way the trailer shows how no matter where Samus goes or how brave she is...Ridley will always be there to remind her of the dark times in her life (practically being one of the few things that truly keep her away from having inner peace, let alone a happy family life)

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
That leak has nothing to do with this game, unless it's severely wrong. The game has characters from My Hero Academia and Assassination Classroom, neither of which were mentioned in the leak you're referring to.
Whew, it took three days and a lot of blood, sweat and tears, but the Character Support Ranking is finally done.

By the way, DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon , I see you said you wanted Sora, but I don't think I saw you in the Sora thread while I was counting his supporters. 'Course, I haven't checked.
The large bulk of my activity on here (read: 99% of it) is on this thread, which is why I'm not on any support lists (I sometimes forget character specific threads exist...). Feel free to add me as a supporter if you wish though.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Wait... Huh?
Then what is he doing in the trailer? Is he just a part of the story or whatever, then?
Okay,

Light is playable in this Chibi styled fighting game. Even though the team of Jump Force said he wasn’t playable because he would be overpowered and couldn’t make it work.

There was, actually. And now I have to find it...
I feel that it was leaked, but I can’t rememeber when.

The thing that caught my eye was that it was made by Konami.

JayJay55

Smash Journeyman
That leak has nothing to do with this game, unless it's severely wrong. The game has characters from My Hero Academia and Assassination Classroom, neither of which were mentioned in the leak you're referring to.

The large bulk of my activity on here (read: 99% of it) is on this thread, which is why I'm not on any support lists (I sometimes forget character specific threads exist...). Feel free to add me as a supporter if you wish though.
Assassination Classroom and My Hero Academia is here, the leak mentions nothing of them? Seems weird they would be omitted though.
A0FC7C0E-624A-4BCF-AD6E-7D3191390032.jpeg

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Wow, Konami's getting obscure with these characters, Space Adventure Cobra? City Hunter? Cats Eye? whats next, Shameless School?
Most of these characters were in Jump Super Stars (basically, nearly everyone from before the New 10s) , they're not obscure in Japan.

In fact, I'm surprised Kurosaki Ichigo isn't in there. :laugh:

Last edited:

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Are we still on the topic of an Alola rep? Because I've just come up with one that could potentially catch some steam, even though it's likely that they'll never be implemented into Smash.
The character I would choose to represent Gen VII is Lusamine, the main antagonist of Sun and Moon.

Basically, I envision her similarly to Pokemon Trainer, in that she wouldn't actually be doing most of the fighting, but sending out 3 different Pokemon in her stead. She's only shown to have five Pokemon at most in the games, being Clefable, Lilligant, Mismagius, Milotic, and Bewear (who is exempted due to already being and Assist Pokemon). The first three would be the ones she could potentially utilize, each having a moveset of their own, and still swapping between them with a quick down-B press. As for her Final Smash, she could potentially let loose a Nihilego and take on her Motherbeast form, using any single powerful poison-type attack (potentially Acid Downpour, thanks to its status as a Z-Move). Aside from bringing in new options and matchups, Lusamine would be accounted for as the first truly villainous Pokemon rep (Mewtwo's situation is still up in the air right now), and act as Smash's first female villain (I wouldn't count Wendy, seeing as she's an alt for Bowser Jr.), killing two birds with one stone.

Yes, I'm aware of the irony of having no actual Alolan Pokemon on her team, shut yer traps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom