• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

If you don't play regularly some match-ups can be hard against even CPUs, I know from myself. Though it's good practice. You must change your playstyle once in a while in Smash.
I watch a lot of vexs little Mac and that's his strategy I want to play smash competitively so I guess I got to make my own name

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
I got one done, but right now, I'm working on making the thread to accommodate it.
Well, it's not so much Flynn as it's some mega-amalgam of all the Megaten characters. As it turns out Raidou Kuzunoha is quite useful for drawing moves from.

Have you seen Synchronicity? It's a small game made to promote the release of SMT:SJR
You can play as a Jack Frost and Jack O'Lantern tag team
I have not. But I'm totally gonna download that later

KMDP

Smash Legend
That makes sense, considering that Nihilego are basically extradimensional Metroids that drive their host insane instead of draining them to the point of mummification. Now I just want her even more now.
Nihilego are extradimensional Metroids that drive the host insane instead of drain life.
Metroids are giant gelatinous Face Huggers that drain life instead of laying parasitic eggs.

I wonder how deep the rabbit hole goes.
The X-Parasite is just the Thing.

D

Deleted member

What is the 5 most likely newcomers.
Mine are
5 Captain Toad
4 Shadow
3. Dixy Kong
2 a alolan pokemon
1 Dark Samus this is more or less confirmed the Samus costume gone the assist trophy yet to be seen

osby

Smash Obsessed
Mine are
5 Captain Toad
4 Shadow
3. Dixy Kong
2 a alolan pokemon
1 Dark Samus this is more or less confirmed the Samus costume gone the assist trophy yet to be seen
Not in order:
1. Dixie Kong
2. Spring Man
3. Decidueye (or another mon)
4. Bandana Waddle Dee
5. Elma or Rex

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
There's a part at about 1:20 that sounds almost like Melee's menu theme... huh...
They do sound similar, but that's actually Koopa's Road from Mario 64, the song that plays on all Bowser stages. That part starts about 00:20 on this video

Last edited:

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Speaking of music, why on earth didn't we get anything from Mario Kart Arcade GP in Smash 4?
The music is so-so in my opinion, but it would have been nice to see recognition of another time Nintendo and Namco worked together.

KMDP

Smash Legend
They do sound similar, but that's actually Koopa's Road from Mario 64, the song that plays on all Bowser stages. That part starts about 00:20 on this video

Yeah, I did recognise a bit after that sounded like Koopa Road.

Last edited:

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
Speaking of music, why on earth didn't we get anything from Mario Kart Arcade GP in Smash 4?
The music is so-so in my opinion, but it would have been nice to see recognition of another time Nintendo and Namco worked together.
Eh... I dunno, I'm fine with absolutely nothing from that game getting recognition anywhere. Honestly I'd say it's weirder that we don't have anything from Mario Super Sluggers aside from trophies since that's Nintendo x Namco and Mario Stadium theme's even on Fortune Street (along with Mario Stadium itself).

Though, being really honest here... I just wish we could get some Taiko no Tatsujin original songs...

EDIT: wait... why isn't Koopa's Road itself on Smash too...
I swear they're so vanilla with their music choices since Brawl... It took us 15 years to finally get a remix of Bob-Omb Battlefield.......via DLC.........

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
wait... why isn't Koopa's Road itself on Smash too...
I swear they're so vanilla with their music choices since Brawl...
You're asking this about the guys who seem to only want to remix DK island Swing (with the singular foray into the DK Rap, Gankplank Galleon and Stickerbrush Symphony)? XD

UltimateWario

Smash Master
I've noticed a lot of people claiming Ridley is female lately.

Weird people, on the internet.

And before anyone brings it up, that Prime artist was wrong and Ridley is referred to as male in-game.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

KMDP

Smash Legend

...Why would Ridley be female? He's referred exclusively to as Male.

Unless they think the 'Designated Girl Fight' is a trope hardwired into all media and therefore, since Ridley is Samus' archenemy, he must be female because Samus is a girl and they fight.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

And before anyone brings it up, that Prime artist was wrong and Ridley is referred to as male in-game.
  • Ridley is a male name
  • Every canon source refers to him as male
  • Every non canon source refers to him as male
  • Ridley shows a lot of masculine traits
  • Every piece of promotional material refers to him as male
  • All interviews but one single artist who ended up being wrong refereed to him as male.
  • Ridley is named after a man.

I have no flipping clue why anyone would think Ridley is female.

It doesn't add to anyone's character or add any meaningful symbolism so I find it a ludicrous headcanon as well.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
  • All interviews but one single artist who ended up being wrong refereed to him as male.
And there you have it! Also I just realized how symbolically powerful Samus VS Ridley is. Fighting back against something that ruined your life and changed it majorly and being successful in it, even if you still suffer from the trauma. I think I just realized why Samus is so popular now lol

KMDP

Smash Legend
And there you have it! Also I just realized how symbolically powerful Samus VS Ridley is. Fighting back against something that ruined your life and changed it majorly and being successful in it, even if you still suffer from the trauma. I think I just realized why Samus is so popular now lol
I think the fact that Samus is a badass super soldier (who is also female) also helps with popularity. XD

D

Deleted member

anything from Mario Super Sluggers
This right here is the biggest crime. I love this game's soundtrack, and with the power of mods, I have most of the stadium themes and the character select theme in Smash 4. Bowser Jr's Playroom fits amazingly well on Woolly World.

And speaking of Bowser Jr, why did they have Bowser Jr's Fiery Flotilla playing for the Koopaling portion of Bowser Jr's trailer, and not use it in the game? The song fits perfectly on Mario Galaxy.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Eh... I dunno, I'm fine with absolutely nothing from that game getting recognition anywhere. Honestly I'd say it's weirder that we don't have anything from Mario Super Sluggers aside from trophies since that's Nintendo x Namco and Mario Stadium theme's even on Fortune Street (along with Mario Stadium itself).

Though, being really honest here... I just wish we could get some Taiko no Tatsujin original songs...

EDIT: wait... why isn't Koopa's Road itself on Smash too...
I swear they're so vanilla with their music choices since Brawl... It took us 15 years to finally get a remix of Bob-Omb Battlefield.......via DLC.........
This right here is the biggest crime. I love this game's soundtrack, and with the power of mods, I have most of the stadium themes and the character select theme in Smash 4. Bowser Jr's Playroom fits amazingly well on Woolly World.

And speaking of Bowser Jr, why did they have Bowser Jr's Fiery Flotilla playing for the Koopaling portion of Bowser Jr's trailer, and not use it in the game? The song fits perfectly on Mario Galaxy.
We should make a list of all musical crimes* that are committed by Smash Bros. :laugh:
*crimes by omission, not bad music
We could make bingo cards out of it for release.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

We should make a list of all musical crimes that are committed by Smash Bros. :laugh:

We could make bingo cards out of it for release.
If they fix Engage the Enemy this time, all is forgiven in my book.

They won't though

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Mine are
5 Captain Toad
4 Shadow
3. Dixy Kong
2 a alolan pokemon
1. Dixie and/or K. Rool
2. Simon Belmont
3. Elma
4. Bandana Waddle Dee
5. An ARMS rep? May have to wait for DLC for this one but I feel we’ll get an ARMS rep for sure

Hopefully, we get my favorite Yoshi island song this time.
Pure joy to my ears

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
If they fix Engage the Enemy this time, all is forgiven in my book.
What was broken about "Engage the Enemy"? I haven't played XC, so I wouldn't know.

Here are some musical crimes that I can think of:
Only 1 out of all Xenoblade and Sonic songs are remixes, the rest are the originals.
None of the Final Fantasy VII songs are new remixes, not to mention that there's only two.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
The Good Egg Galaxy remix was a huge letdown for me. I was so excited to learn that Smash didn't completely ignore the other Galaxy music that wasn't Gusty Garden, but then I actually heard the remix. Why the heck did they cram in a bunch of classic Mario music that has no relationship with Good Egg Galaxy in with the remix?

If they had just focused on the one song, the remix would've been infinitely better.

EchoAegis

Need time to think?
Of course, its still early but the music on the website has been incredible so far and its making pretty excited to hear the rest of the remixes in the final game
Correct me if I'm wrong but this is a new remix of Lost in Thoughts All Alone in Corrin's trailer? if so it sounds amazing

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hopefully, we get my favorite Yoshi island song this time.
Pure joy to my ears
My god. I knew the music from Yoshi's New Island was some of the best ever composed, but this is just pure majesty.

What was broken about "Engage the Enemy"? I haven't played XC, so I wouldn't know.
There's a part from 1:38 to 2:00 in the original that is cut from the song in Smash. My guess is the cut was to save space, as it doesn't make the song loop any better, but takes the length of the (looped) track down from 5:00 to 4:03. To anyone who's never heard the song before, it's probably fine, but to someone who has, it's a really jarring cut. Engage the Enemy is probably my favorite song in all of gaming, so it makes me sad that this cut exists, but I understand why they did it.

Compare the original to the Smash version.

Correct me if I'm wrong but this is a new remix of Lost in Thoughts All Alone in Corrin's trailer? if so it sounds amazing
It's new. The remix in Smash 4 sounds completely different.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Mine are
5 Captain Toad
4 Shadow
3. Dixy Kong
2 a alolan pokemon
Elma
Dixie Kong
Isabelle
Pokémon rep
Shadow

KMDP

Smash Legend
Oh yeah.
For anyone who thinks this broadcast will have a new reveal in it, it goes live in 13 hours.
02:00 AM UTC
British Time: 03:00 AM BST
American Times: 10:00 PM EDT/09:00 PM CDT/08:00 PM MDT/07:00 PM PDT
Japan Time: 11:00 AM
Boy, I hope I got those timezones right. XD

Last edited:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Oh yeah.
For anyone who thinks this broadcast will have a new reveal in it, it goes live in 13 hours.
Remind me why anyone expects anything new out of this, as opposed to the hundred other times they've convinced themselves Nintendo are revealing stuff at a tournament only to be disappointed as usual?

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
Mine are
5 Captain Toad
4 Shadow
3. Dixy Kong
2 a alolan pokemon
1. Alolan Pokemon
2. King K. Rool
3. Dixie Kong
4. Bandanna Dee
5. Geno

Zeox

Smash Champion
Oh yeah.
Any idea of how long it will be the stream?

KMDP

Smash Legend
Any idea of how long it will be the stream?
No idea.
Remind me why anyone expects anything new out of this, as opposed to the hundred other times they've convinced themselves Nintendo are revealing stuff at a tournament only to be disappointed as usual?
Because it's a Smash thing, and all Smash things leading up to the release must contain new stuff, obviously.
There's a part from 1:38 to 2:00 in the original that is cut from the song in Smash. My guess is the cut was to save space, as it doesn't make the song loop any better, but takes the length of the (looped) track down from 5:00 to 4:03. To anyone who's never heard the song before, it's probably fine, but to someone who has, it's a really jarring cut. Engage the Enemy is probably my favorite song in all of gaming, so it makes me sad that this cut exists, but I understand why they did it.

Compare the original to the Smash version.
Wow, the cut is super obvious. While they might have done it to save space, I think they may also have done it because that part is where the song slows down for a bit, and they wanted to keep the 'battle-like quality' of it up. (I don't know if that makes any sense. XD)

Last edited:

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Oh yeah.
For anyone who thinks this broadcast will have a new reveal in it, it's goes live in 13 hours.
Conspiracy Mode:

Wait a minute the new Pokémon movie came out on the 13, featuring Zeraora.

Zeraora is a Gen 7 Pokémon.

There are 7 letters in it's name.

One day has passed after the movie

7 - 1 = 6

Also 13 - 7 = 6

Ashley has 6 letters in her name, Shadow does as well to, hmm. A twin reveal? XD

D

Deleted member

Wow, the cut is super obvious. While they might have done it to save space, I think they may also have done it because that part is where the song slows down for a bit, and they wanted to keep the 'battle-like quality' of it up. (I don't know if that makes any sense. XD)
I get what you're trying to say here, but this is also a game that has Gaur Plain (Night) and Environmental Noises. Considering that the original track is 8.6 MB, while the Smash 4 one is 7.61 MB and sampled at a higher bitrate, I think it's definitely a storage issue.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Conspiracy Mode:

Wait a minute the new Pokémon movie came out on the 13, featuring Zeraora.

Zeraora is a Gen 7 Pokémon.

There are 7 letters in it's name.

One day has passed after the movie

7 - 1 = 6

Also 13 - 7 = 6

Ashley has 6 letters in her name, Shadow does as well to, hmm. A twin reveal? XD
Sonic Mania Plus also comes out on the 17th (this Tuesday).

The numbers 7 and 13 are also important to Kingdom Hearts' lore, and "Hearts"/"KH Lore" has six letters in it. So... a triple reveal of Ashley, Shadow and Sora Ventus.

Last edited:

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Sonic Mania Plus also comes out on the 17th (this Tuesday).

The numbers 7 and 13 are also important to Kingdom Hearts' lore, and "Hearts"/"KH Lore" has six letters in it. So... a triple reveal of Ashley, Shadow and Sora Ventus.
We were so blind, we should of noticed the breadcrumbs Sakurai was giving us all along.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom