• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roberto zampari

Smash Journeyman
Link: https://mynintendonews.com/2018/07/...n-answer-that-when-we-get-closer-to-december/

Earlier today, Nintendo Life posted an interview with Nintendo’s Nate Bihldorff and Bill Trinen. There, the two were asked about the plans for more Super Smash Bros. Ultimate character reveals. Bill Trinen replied, saying that “We can answer that when we get closer to December”. DLC was also discussed, but Trinen explained that they don’t decide on that until after the game is done.
Smash Bros for 3DS and Wii U have revelations in each month.
THAT'S NOT FAIR!!

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Link: https://mynintendonews.com/2018/07/...n-answer-that-when-we-get-closer-to-december/

THAT'S NOT FAIR!!
“Closer to December” is just PR speak for “stay tuned”. Since every past veteran was revealed from the get go, we may see 1-2 reveals each month until December. And for context, Trinen’s comment was in response to the question “Will there be more or is that the final roster?”

Put simply, all returning veterans + Daisy, Inkling and Ridley is certainly NOT the final roster (excluding DLC) and we will know the full base roster by December.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Kat was in a smash esque game, PS All Stars Battle Royale, which was a title I played more than I like to admit (I think I used to be the top spike on the leaderboards, although the only solo ranked mode was 4 man FFA so that doesn't mean much). She was basically the brawl Meta Knight of that game.
Really?! I honestly had no idea she was that far up the tier list, I just liked playing with her cause she was my favorite character regardless of tier rank (I didn't even check the tier list for that game) so that's surprising. If only there was a way for her to enter Smash darn it Sony.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team

The Switch is the best Console I've ever had.
I think it might actually be full stages we're getting (and definitely something extra at the end because reasons), it'd explain how long it took for Wave 2 to come out.
Not Hyperzone.gif

ZeroKDL3.png

Last wave had Hyper Zone on the floor, I'll bet that the memorable map at the end is going to be Dark Star.

THAT'S NOT FAIR!!
I'd imagine we'd still get reveals before November/close to December, it's just a way of saying he isn't answering that question, it'd make for good marketing to have a small amount of reveals every month/every other month to gradually build and maintain the game's hype, although, really, even if we had to wait until November or December it wouldn't be that bad of a wait, it's only 4 months and 23 days until the game comes out.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Aaaaaaargh

I just need SOMETHING soon, some news or even a leak to dissect, regardless of quality cause this drought is KILLING ME

Pakky

Smash Hero
50 years have passed...but...we have not aged
Long ago in a distant land I Ridely the Cunning God of Death unleashed an unspeakable evil!

But then a foolish Bounty Hunter wielding a powerful armor stepped forth to oppose me.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
The worst news I’ve heard on YouTube so far is that we may not even be getting one character reveal a month or no character reveals until it’s closer to release. Though it’s not fact and the only source was like two sentences Bill Trenn or whatever his name is said in an interview. Obviously if we get an actual haracyer reveal for July then that would be debunked right off that bat.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Hey I wanted ask everyone, how they would feel if Saber from the visual novel Fate/Stay Night, was a character in Smash as I was just thinking about it, I think she would be a good choice for Smash with her abilities what do you all think?

Edit: broken image

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Oh wow, I just saw Alpharad make a Lyn salt For Glory video yesterday.
Glad to know someone popular is suffering alongside me.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Aaaaaaargh

I just need SOMETHING soon, some news or even a leak to dissect, regardless of quality cause this drought is KILLING ME
Everyone is Here was only part 1.

Everyone is Comin' is part 2 set for October. The title will only be revealed when Goku turns Super Saiyan on 3D Land.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
I think either I didn't make what I was saying clear, or you misunderstood me, so I'll try to be more blunt:

What is the source for this? I had assumed he was either playable or an antagonist based on him appearing in the reveal trailer.

I am talking about Jump Force here, not whatever that chibi mobile game is.
At the end of the Jump Force initial reveal, there’s a shot where Light and Ryuk are standing on top of a building looking below.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Hey I wanted ask everyone, how they would feel if Saber from the visual novel Fate/Stay Night, was a character in Smash as I was just thinking about it, I think she would be a good choice for Smash with her abilities what do you all think?
Well she is technically a videogame character.
If you want my opinion, I despise the soulless commercialization Fate has gone through.
However despite that, I think Artoria herself would be a fun character, on top of already having a ton of alternate saberface costumes to draw from.

Overall, I'm not pushing her, but I wouldn't resist her inclusion.

D

Deleted member

We're still getting more new footage regardless. It'll be nice to get some high-quality Ridley gameplay that doesn't look like it was recorded with a cheap phone by someone who had six cups of coffee.
Wait we are?
Well we did still get some good Ridley shots in the Smash Invitational.

Last edited by a moderator:

EchoAegis

Need time to think?
We're still getting more new footage regardless. It'll be nice to get some high-quality Ridley gameplay that doesn't look like it was recorded with a cheap phone by someone who had six cups of coffee.
Damn, right I wanna see more of the new Victory animations.

Such a small part of the game but i love it as it gives roster a bit of a personality

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Speaking of characters who are questionable whether they count as video game characters, what is everyone's take on Dynasty or Samurai Warriors characters? I know they technically are based on actual historical figures but I think they can be argued they are much more recognized within the gaming community for the Warriors franchise. As low of a chance a Warriors character might have, I have to admit that playing as Lu Bu in Smash would be beyond awesome.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Everyone is Here was only part 1.

Everyone is Comin' is part 2 set for October. The title will only be revealed when Goku turns Super Saiyan on 3D Land.
I read this as, "Everyone is Corrin".

Imagine if every Smash character was Corrin.

Last edited:

SonicMario

Smash Master
The worst news I’ve heard on YouTube so far is that we may not even be getting one character reveal a month or no character reveals until it’s closer to release. Though it’s not fact and the only source was like two sentences Bill Trenn or whatever his name is said in an interview. Obviously if we get an actual haracyer reveal for July then that would be debunked right off that bat.
We still have about 2-3 weeks to prove me wrong (And I'd like to be wrong), but my expectations at this point is at least one character reveal regardless if it's an echo or not next month (August). And then nothing until a Smash direct in October or November that will show at least two more before release while any more then that will be saved for the full roster reveal in the final week(/s).

I'd love to get one character (even if the first reveal post-E3 is just an echo fighter) a month but I think we got to brace for the possibility of new character information being dropped like us hoping for a dry fountain to drop water. (Which becomes more of a metaphor as we keep looking for potential "leaks" of said "water", heh)

Oddbaum21

Smash Rookie
Honestly, Yo Kai Watch is probably going to get some representation, they have near infinite possibilities. They could have the flagship Yo Kai Watch Blasters team as a Pokémon Trainer echo with the Blasters Blizzaria, they could actually have Whisper as a fighter, it could have bosses in story mode, and Yo Kai Watch is a hit worldwide.

Roberto zampari

Smash Journeyman
Renember when we wanted to include Bomberman as a Fighter?
Look what's happened:

Anyone wanted Crash for Smash Bros?

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Honestly, Yo Kai Watch is probably going to get some representation, they have near infinite possibilities. They could have the flagship Yo Kai Watch Blasters team as a Pokémon Trainer echo with the Blasters Blizzaria, they could actually have Whisper as a fighter, it could have bosses in story mode, and Yo Kai Watch is a hit worldwide.
An echo of Red would never work, lol.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
A hit world wide is a bit of and overstatement. It's not doing too hot in America or Japan. Here are the Japan Sales.
YoKai_Watch_Sales_Chart_thumb.png

And i don't think Whisper is really fit be a fighter. He was a Yo-Kai you could get on your team in Yo Kai Watch 3, Yeah, But he's more suit out to be a butler. Jibanyan has a better chance, but still, I don't think Yo-Kai Watch is going to get a fighter. A trophy, Maybe. Although i won't deny they could have an interesting moveset.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
50 years have passed...but...we have not aged
Time has lost it's effect on us, yet the suffering continues.

Smash Hypes grasp chokes the past, present and future, hope is lost.

Gotta get back, back to the reveals... Smash Ultimate.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Aaaaaaargh

Preach, preach, at least give us a 'Guess the Newcomer with this wrapped silhouette/mosaic picture ' Game give us a demo to pass the time even if its just Mario, hell give me a heavyweight character, I suck with heavyweight characters just give us ANYTHING NEW!
Oh wow, I just saw Alpharad make a Lyn salt For Glory video yesterday.
Glad to know someone popular is suffering alongside me.
Yeah, Alpharad is a big Lyn fan like us, he even asked Nintendo of America to consider Lyn as a playable character but alas...
He's now supporting Shantae, but Lyn will always be his favorite. Doesn't make it easier for him or others when jerks purposefully rub it in that "'Tutorial Girl' isn't playable" or "too many Sword characters."
Well she is technically a videogame character.
If you want my opinion, I despise the soulless commercialization Fate has gone through.
However despite that, I think Artoria herself would be a fun character, on top of already having a ton of alternate saberface costumes to draw from.

Overall, I'm not pushing her, but I wouldn't resist her inclusion.
Cool, I respect that, but now I'm curious about the 'soulless commercialization' you mention, any chance you can give me a short detail of what that's about?

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Aaaaaaargh

We're probably going to have to wait a few weeks first. We just got this massive overload, Nintendo is going to wait to reveal something new.
And i don't think it's really a drought. It's only been a few weeks.

Oddbaum21

Smash Rookie
I meant like they echo the mechanic of switching fighters, and the fighters all have the same roles as they do in the game. It would be more complex though due to one more fighter being able to switch to.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
If that's all I get out of the next two Sundays it wouldn't be the end of the world.
Wait we are?
Well we did still get some good Ridley shots in the Smash Invitational.
"Good Ridley Shots" = Ridley getting his ass handed to him in two short matches. Yea there's a reason I haven't watched the invitational since it happened :/ (At the time besides BAYO OP I was expecting to see everyone say Ridley was trash but thankfully that's not so and I've seen some real good Ridley plays since then)

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I meant like they echo the mechanic of switching fighters, and the fighters all have the same roles as they do in the game. It would be more complex though due to one more fighter being able to switch to.
It sounds interesting at face value. But there is one main issue with this.
The three Yo-Kai would have to have the same abilities as the Pokemon with slight alterations. which limits them alot.

Souless_shadow

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3609-1166-4956
We're probably going to have to wait a few weeks first. We just got this massive overload, Nintendo is going to wait to reveal something new.
And i don't think it's really a drought. It's only been a few weeks.
It's been a little over a month at this point, if this isn't a drought then we're extremely close to it being one.

Oddbaum21

Smash Rookie
A hit world wide is a bit of and overstatement. It's not doing too hot in America or Japan. Here are the Japan Sales.
View attachment 153219
And i don't think Whisper is really fit be a fighter. He was a Yo-Kai you could get on your team in Yo Kai Watch 3, Yeah, But he's more suit out to be a butler. Jibanyan has a better chance, but still, I don't think Yo-Kai Watch is going to get a fighter. A trophy, Maybe. Although i won't deny they could have an interesting moveset.
They just announced Busters for America, which is making it more relevant.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Preach, preach, at least give us a 'Guess the Newcomer with this wrapped silhouette/mosaic picture ' Game give us a demo to pass the time even if its just Mario, hell give me a heavyweight character, I suck with heavyweight characters just give us ANYTHING NEW!

Yeah, Alpharad is a big Lyn fan like us, he even asked Nintendo of America to consider Lyn as a playable character but alas...
He's now supporting Shantae, but Lyn will always be his favorite. Doesn't make it easier for him or others when jerks purposefully rub it in that "'Tutorial Girl' isn't playable" or "too many Sword characters."

Cool, I respect that, but now I'm curious about the 'soulless commercialization' you mention, any chance you can give me a short detail of what that's about?
I dunno, I just feel initially, there was an attempt to make a good story with the mythological summoner battle royale, but now it's just shameless waifu pandering with huge amounts of historical revisionism on top of milking the franchise's "alternate routes" to make endless spinoffs.

I'd personally would've been happy with SN/UBW/HF and Zero.

It's a bit like how I feel about the Persona 4 spinoffs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom